Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Xenoletum posted:

spoilers don't note it but his platform spins.

I didn't think it was possible to top his entrance in Brooklyn but apparently I was wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

DarkstarIV posted:

Wonder if Asuka is going to drop the title to Ember Moon at the next Takeover event. Ember is logically the next person Asuka should face. But its WWE, so who knows.

There's such a gaping hole in their women's division right now since Bayley left. It's probably too soon for Ember Moon to challenge and the only way I could see anyone posing a challenge to Asuka is if the Aussie girls cheat Asuka out of it. Although that's not the worst idea ever, especially since Asuka's matches with Dana and Emma were pretty much that and really entertaining.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
So much for Miz/Maryse vs Ambrose/Young. Still, current Miz is entertaining and the promos should be fun.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

rovert posted:

Cornette will get involved at Takeover. Taking out Ellering.

I am so happy that Cornette is going to be involved with the Revival, even if it's just this once.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I've seen it before but that elbow drop is a thing of absolute beauty. I just keep watching it and it doesn't get old.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Ryback apparently showed up at a nerdcon I went to a few weeks ago. Sadly, he left before CM Punk showed up.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
It sounds like they're doing NXT Horsewomen vs MMA Horsewomen at some point in the future, leading to Ronda vs either Charlotte or Stephanie (who started the women's revolution and is responsible for all good things that have happened for all women in the world). I could see the latter being at mania if the former happens sometime soon, like at survivor series or something like that. If not, maybe they'll stretch it into a multi-year ordeal?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Out of all of these potential directions I am dismayed by all of them. I'd be thrilled if it worked out and was great and everyone came out of it happy and wealthy, but it looks like another case of being gifted an easy story to tell and then totally loving it up in favor of telling a more convoluted and worse story in the worst way possible. I don't understand who the protagonists and antagonists are supposed to be in the HW feud. I know Ronda likes being heel but everyone will cheer her regardless. The only reliable heel is Stephanie McMahon. The best way for this to end is for Stephanie to go into the ring after the HW match at mania to bask in the glory and for both groups to cease hostilities toward one another and leave her laying.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

I almost wonder if they're finally doing the Sanity call-up and Black Velvet are going to be the new tag challengers.

Well now if they don't call them Black Velvet I'm going to be disappointed.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

I just realized that's the first time an NXT match will be on a main card show. That is going to absolutely destroy all the other matches, workrate-wise.

A couple years ago they had that Fastlane show from Montreal where pre-call up Enzo and Cass worked the Revival IIRC. That show also had a terrible Stardust vs Sami Zayn match and a good HHH vs Dean Ambrose match IIRC.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

flatluigi posted:

i'm at least waiting until i see how the match actually goes b/c sometimes the people who write summaries are real bad at actually understanding how things go and somehow i doubt they're, like, turning sammy and tay face again

plus i still like ethan and scorp as a duo and i wouldn't mind them staying together, and being quasifaces that still are absolutely happy about pulling some match fuckery against heels is a decent place for their vibe

The match itself was technically excellent but the crowd was dead because it was late and we were tired.

And as for what's happening, all around me people were asking what the gently caress are they doing because it's a total mess with Sammy and Sky because Sky went from possible face to definite heel and Sammy went from heel to maybe a face everyone boos or just a flat out heel? No one was quite sure. It was very strange.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Penguin Patrol posted:

Elevation was incredibly short, same as Grand Slam last year. No Captain Insano.

Kip & Penelope vs Skye Blue and Shawn Dean
Ortiz vs Serpentico

After watching Paul Wight shamble out, I have doubts about when we'll see Captain Insano.

The finish to the Sammy/Eddie match worked for me, watching Tay drag a barely alive Sammy up the ramp celebrating while Eddie killed security was really funny. Actually, I thought the whole match was a hoot. Tay and Sammy are loving hilarious and Sammy's new tron is fantastic.

I ran out of there right after the battle royal, was the lights out match any good?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I just got home from the show, they might still be taping ROH for all I know. Shibata vs Chris Daniels was surprisingly flat, probably the best match (before I left because goddamn it's late) was Daniel Garcia vs Tracey Williams. The crowd was getting sparse towards the end. Tony needs to stop running shows so late on weeknights.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Willow match was short and fun, Willow is great. Bummed I missed Takeshita live but it was too drat late, why am I still awake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

It was really funny when people reported those tweets were a shoot like Ortiz had only just found out what Santana thought of him, something he knew 2+ years ago.

The Don Callis Family segment on Rampage is insane. The deafening boos went on for about 5 minutes, it might need to be edited down.

Trying to talk to my buddy sitting next to me I had to scream during the Don Callis segment and even then he couldn't hear me. I'm tempted to say the noise Callis elicited from the crowd was louder than Eddie and Claudio, but I can't be sure. Also I was sitting in section 108 and every time the fireworks went off they scared the poo poo out of me because they were so loving loud in that echo-y building. The crowd going crazy for those segments was so much fun though!