Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Who wants to bet that they keep Roman off RAW the next night because of the nuclear "Go away" heat he'll get

Who wants to bet that the WWE will embrace that heat because "Any reaction is a good reaction" despite losing more viewers on RAW by average every single year.

Repeat after me: "Boy, Raw after Wrestlemania is like opposite day, the fans cheer who they normally boo and boo who they normally cheer!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Cole and O'Reilly attacked AOP and Dunne/Strong resulting in a no contest. Therefore at Takeover, it will be a triple threat match for the tag titles and the winners will be crowned the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic winners as well. :psyduck:

So wait, is Cole doing double duty at Takeover, then? That seems deeply unpleasant.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

VJeff posted:

Listen when the Sharks get Samoa Joe, we'll talk.

Evander Kane gets in as many fights as he legally can, god dammit

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Davros1 posted:

I do love the McMahons' mentality of "We're the ones the fans want to see and care about."

If you spend long enough kneecapping all of your other talent it becomes true by default.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Jessamyn and Marina...Crowd didn't care who they were.

This was the real problem. I think the badness of their strikes is being overstated, honestly--they're green and they definitely need work, but they're not, like, Tamina bad. It's just even in an NXT house show audience 90% of the crowd didn't care at all about Jessamyn and Marina, we'd just gotten two straight fire matches with top stars and having them come out deflated everyone, and the abject silence meant even though only a patch of the crowd was yelling awful poo poo it was all you could hear and focus on. At one point part of the crowd was yelling at another part of the crowd to shut the gently caress up because they wouldn't stop alternately yelling "EAT A HAMBURGER" at Jessamyn and "EAT LESS HAMBURGERS" at Marina.

Also, extra-special gently caress-off points go to the guy who yelled "TAKE IT OFF" and "WINNER GETS ME, LADIES" at Mia Yim and Vanessa Borne.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZlyGNGR620

canonical answer.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm guessing Mercedes Martinez is one of them, probably in a Kassius Ohno type role.

Her twitter has her booked for indie shows in February, so I doubt it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Street Profits or loving bust.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh first Dusty Classic winners were Samoa Joe and Balor so there is precedent

it kind of bothers me that there have been four of these tournaments that are built specifically for tag teams and 50% of them have been won by Not A Tag Team

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Rick posted:

The brand split has increased the main roster size for sure but it's also increased the number of people getting TV time. The WWE just can't help themselves from turning Smackdown into at least 50% a Raw clip show in the non-brand split eras.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings on the brand split and its efficacy but it is the sole reason their roster size is even remotely tenable. If you get rid of the brand split and go back to floating one roster between both shows, a giant roster that is already hurting for exposure gets completely buried.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Martinpale posted:

Why would you do the Bray reveal on the go-home show for a PPV that HE'S NOT ON?!?

Presumably to try to pop a rating for the post-PPV Raw/Smackdown since it seems a safer assumption he'll actually show up now.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

So all these feuds are just gonna continue, huh.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

seriously, go watch any of Ford's appearances on NXT and then watch this and just see the look of death in his eyes

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, I think this is just the new reality now as they keep trying to interface the main roster with NXT to try to get people to not watch AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

no, girl-bye has been around for like twenty years.