Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave thinks Cena could propose after he and Nikki win her last match :3

Yes I'm sure what Nikki would want more than anything is to be kayfabe proposed to instead of actually being married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bradzilla posted:

I uh, don't think it would be a kayfabe proposal is the idea

I mean more in the sense of like Nikki has been waiting for Cena to poo poo or get off the pot for years. I dunno it just seems weird you have Dave Meltzer of all people saying when someone should pop the question and essentially making it some weird quasi angle when it's their personal lives stuff. But hey I marked when Savage asked Elizabeth to marry him. God that ended terribly. :smith: Oh well at least this way if Cena does pop the question after the match, Samoa Joe can do a run in knock Cena out and kidnap Nikki holding her hostage at the top of the scaffolding and Cena must then scale it while avoiding barrels Joe throws down at him. :v:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

I would like to see Conor McGregor vs Braun Strowman please

I wonder if Connor could punch through that beard. Also memba the time Mayweather punched the gently caress out of Big Show's jaw?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:stare: Chris James 2 you need to modify the drinking game so that you have "Finish your drink when a presenter or wrestler falls off the super high ramp." 4 shots if they die

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The only thing that saves Crews is a new character. People just don't care about him and letting him do more flips won't help him at this point. Even the potential of a more dynamic partner in a tag team I suspect would just drag that person down. Maybe he could be the muscle with big spots in a midcard comedy stable? That's his ceiling as he is right now.

Crews will have a 0 star feud with Titus, absorb him and then be poo poo all over by the New Day oh wai......... :smith:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Under the vegetable posted:

I don't know of any other active wrestlers who served

JOHN. CENA! :911: no not really

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

He's racist and voted Trump

Counterpoint his wife is hot. Counter counter his tattoos are and always will be super lovely.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

GFW

Xplosion:
Pagano defeats Cody Martin

Grado defeated a local. Joseph Park comes out to say he's sponsoring Grado's visa, and he'll get to stay in America
Trevor Lee defeats Sonjay Dutt (falls count anywhere) to win the X title after Caleb Konley interferes
Johnny Impact calls out Eli Drake. KM comes out instead and says Johnny should put his #1 contendership on the line. Johnny accepts and defeats KM
Taya Valkyrie defeats Ava and wants the Knockouts title. Turns into a 6 person brawl, Taya/Sienna/Taryn vs Rosemary/Allie/Gail
Kongo Kong defeats Mahabali Shera
Texano/Fantastma defeat EC3/Storm after Pagano interferes
Lee retains X title over Petey Williams
Taya defeats Amber Nova
Johnny retains #1 contendership over Low-Ki. Eli Drake and Chris Adonis beat down Johnny

So is Lucha Underground pretty much dead, hence Johnny and Taya doing GFW? That makes me sad. :(

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man I really dig their olive drab jackets with patches.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lol blowing their wad to absolutely keep Roman a face and sacrificing Rollins and Ambrose AGAIN to push the worst member of the Shield.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pretty sure if the rumors about that sex scene are to be believed Cena was getting Dolph's sloppy seconds, because Cena pulled a Tommy Wiseau and had sex with her.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says as of this afternoon, Survivor Series men's 5v5 is

Team Raw: Kurt, Reigns, Finn, Joe, Braun vs Team SD: Shane, Orton, Roode, Styles, Nakamura

So, you have a team of all faces on SD, and then you have Raw side which is mainly kinda anti hero/smark favorites? Oh and Roman who's the only true heel. It just seems weird and shows Raw's problem of having their big faces tied up in other stuff.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider is reporting that Roman Reigns may not be ready in time for Survivor Series. If that's the case, then the person who will be replacing him on the Survivor Series team will be...

Jason Jordan. I'm not joking either.

:psyduck:

Hey guys I'm watching Raw and wha........ :magical:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

VJeff posted:

Sounds like Jey got hurt. :(

Yeah that's what it looks like currently

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/1...ahal-vs-styles/

PWTorch post posted:

WWE SMACKDOWN TAPING RESULTS
NOVEMBER 7, 2017
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND
REPORT BY ROSS MCADAM, PWTORCH CORRESPONDENT

DARK MATCH

(A) Breezango beat The Colons.

SMACKDOWN TAPING

-The taping opened with a video package on Jinder Mahal vs. A.J. Styles for the WWE Title coming up later in the show. Both gives promos straight down the lens.

-The opening segment included New Day, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn discussing Under Siege and Survivor Series. Shane said he’ll take revenge on Angle for orchestrating the Kane attack of Daniel bryan. He said Bryan will be back next week. Shane introduced New Day, who talked about leading the Siege. Owens and Sami talked some trash and said Smackdown has no hope without them. Shane booked Sami vs. Kofi.

(1) Kofi Kingston beat Sami Zayn after a top rope crossbody block. Owens tried to intervene as the ref made the three count. Owens and Sami beat up Kofi, the ran before the rest of New Day could get to them. Great match.

-A backstage promo aired with Jinder Mahal. He said Styles is the appetizer, and Brock Lesnar is the main course.

-A Bludgeon Brothers vignette aired.

(2) Randy Orton defeated Rusev. If Rusev won, he was added to Team Smackdown. Orton pinned him after an RKO out of nowhere.

-Backstage, James Ellsworth asked Becky Lynch if she thinks she honestly has a chance against him because she’s a woman “and we’re in a city called MANchester!” Good points. Becky said Ellsworth has no balls.

(3) Becky Lynch beat James Ellsworth with a Disarm-her. Naomi, Lana, Charlotte, and Naomi were at ringside as lumberjacks. Afterward, Carmella got in the ring and faced off with Becky, then suddenly Carmella superkicked Ellsworth.

-Shane announced that Charlotte and Natalya will wrestle for the Smackdown Women’s Championship next week. So that could change the Survivor Series match to Charlotte vs. Alexa Bliss just days before the event.

(4) Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin beat The Usos via countout, so the Usos retained the Smackdown Tag Team Titles on the line. The Usos cut a promo on the way to the ring. Then the Usos attacked Gable & Benjamin before the bell. The match ended suddenly, and one of the Usos appeared to get injured in the match. He was carried to the back by his brother and a ref.

:laffo: AJ won the title.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 7, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bloodysabbath posted:

Well, they sure saved the poo poo out of that main event.

This marks two for two solid last minute PPV changes.

If Jey is legit hurt the Tag match is going to be relegated to the freaking show opener. Either that or New Day wins the Titles back somehow and THEN Seth and Dean get their titles back and you now have your good tag match with the titles on the line.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Bumping this because its a new day, so new potential spoilers:

Paige is in Houston tonight according to PWInsider. Hopefully her first feud isn't with Asuka or Alexa, because if its Asuka, it'll totally undermine any sort of momentum she (Asuka) has. And Paige shouldn't be launched right back into the title scene on her redebut. (This is all assuming she redebuts tonight, and not tomorrow on Smackdown)

She feuds with local wrestler Cokayne.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Drugs Bunny

DRUGS

BUNNY

DRUGS BUNNY

Best name I've never heard of. Push to the moon. :perfect:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MotU posted:

hoodslam has prawn cena so i mean thats already a better name

But is it a giant mutant unstoppable shrimp???

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Tomahawk posted:

I’m still hearing that Cena won’t compete at Wrestlemania. I imagine that Undertaker ghosting him might somehow factor into his Wrestlemania return next year

Good. Cena just being a drunk rowdy smarky fan sounds WAAAAAYYY more entertaining.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

Braun's Partner is Batista. Source is legit as hell, and hell is from The bible.

This is stupid enough that I could see Vince and Co. trying to work that poo poo out. But I'm still holding out hope for cloning technology and a real Brains Strowman.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What do they mean he's out?

Edit: Oh like he's out in the ring now.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

VJeff posted:

New Evolution Leak:

Becky Lynch vs. The Fabulous Moolah's son a Giant Hand

Interference by Mark Henry.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

rovert posted:

Former WWE and WWE World Champion Rey Mysterio is currently slated to return to WWE at the Smackdown 1000 broadcast from Washington, DC, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Obviously makes sense.

For him to eat a Batista Bomb obviously. And for fifty something year old Dave to tear a quad for old times sake.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dave says it is real. If it wasn't real then the only explanation is that Vince is dying and is destroying the company so that he leaves everyone with nothing.

So like every other day then.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

Seth Rollins is the wrestler for you!

:mediocre:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

How are you as a person in the crowd supposed to handle do overs like that? I would assume with each one done the crowd just gives less and less of a gently caress about it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The women's triple threat should go on last because Becky vs. Ronda vs. Charlotte is the hottest thing in the company. Kofi/Bryan has been gaining but seriously folks it's not hard.

You're exactly right! Which is why Kofi/Bryan will happen somewhere in the middle of the show, and Becky wins as the opener, and Brock loses to finish because the fruit rollup belt is supreme! :suicide:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

BOOTY-ADE posted:

FYAD would ruin it in like 5 minutes with the Idiot King championship

At least Ember's husband would have a way to offload all those "King of the Black Women" shirts if there was a FYAD offshoot.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It'll be revealed that Vince just had that made on purpose to troll.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bradzilla posted:

https://twitter.com/HeelByNatureYT/status/1114194829955731456?s=19

Looks pretty good. That stage titantron looks to be about 30 feet high :stare:

Kind of disappointing that they're just doing a massive wall of video screens than a unique physical set.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What's the rain forecast for Sunday anyway?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Destroy My Sweater posted:

WHERE ARE MY CALL-UPS

You already got Ric O Shea and Aleister, and Heavy Machinery, and that blonde racist WWII plantation owner lady.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I really don't want to see Rey get probably hosed up from this. They should replace him with Sami, or Handsome Rusev.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Couldn't just call them The Straw Hats could you?

I'm just surprised they weren't called the Hentai Experience.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seth hasn't reached the peak levels of hate that Roman did but the fact that it's remotely close is almost unfathomable to me. Vince not only poisons everything he touches, he encourages the worst impulses (talking poo poo about a new beloved product on Twitter) and prevents people from capitalizing on the best ones (mostly through horrendous booking and scripting). It's INCREDIBLE.

I don't think Seth will ever get to that sort of level of peak Roman hate. Mainly due to how invested you would have to be in order to boo the guy. We, as an audience, have been worn down so much most of us don't give a gently caress. Especially now that AEW is around putting on good matches that matter.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Tribute to the Troops spoilers:

I wasn't aware the Troop show was now done to lower morale. :v:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Venomous posted:

Jesus Christ, do you really want him to give Bryan another career-ending concussion?

Yeah I was just about to say this as well, I love Sheamus, the Hawk and beard were a better look for him, but the guy works insanely stiff to the degree of pretty sloppy.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/1230293056924143617

Maybe he's just begging for a job but who knows

Can't rely on Peyton being the only one to bring in the bread I guess.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I thought Aries and Peyton Royce were a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Astro7x posted:

That’s alright. Take pride in not knowing every wrestlers relationship status.

Dacap posted:

She’s married to Shawn Spears

Chris James 2 posted:

She married Shawn Spears like 6 months ago, so I sincerely hope not

:v: Tho to be fair for a while I got them both confused and forgot Tye was calling himself Shawn these days.