Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
WTF. Kalisto vs Kendrick with the entire cruiserweight division on the line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Venomous posted:

Not sure about the idea of a Roode/Itami feud, especially if they're going to drag it out to the next Takeover. I'd much rather Itami goes to Raw/205 Live sooner rather than later.

There are literally 6 shows until the next Takeover in May

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The spoiler thread can't even get spoilers right, thankfully... glad to see AJ still on Smackdown.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Djarum posted:

As for live event revenue the reason for that is very simple, they are making more money off of the hardcores. The costs for house shows are now what you would pay for a TV taping ten years ago and TV tapings cost what PPV shows did in the same timeframe. For example I was going to get tickets to the PPV here in Chicago soon but for the amount they were charging I could go to see the Blackhawks in the lower bowl/100 level. The Blackhawks have some of the most expensive tickets in the NHL and I don't go to many games for that reason. Also I got tickets for both the post Christmas Raw and Smackdown tapings at the same venue and those together were less than what they were charging for this PPV, and that is not counting the NXT show the night before. Now how long can they continue to raise prices and how much money can they squeeze out the hardcores? I am not sure but like many of the plays the company is making this is also one that will not end well. You can get away with stuff like this if you have a hot product but with how things are eventually it will all catch up.

The prices for the upcoming Chicago PPV are rediculous. Especially considering what Payback was last year, and what we are getting this year. I am so glad I didn't buy tickets to it right away now that the card is more finalized

It is also worth noting that they have a ton of tickets for NXT Chicago still on sale, including all of the floor ringside/camera side seats.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 6, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Black vs Hawkins was the first match on the NXT taping. Do I even need to say who won?

Edit: Velveteen Dream TONIGHT.

Velveteen Dream beats local jobber with a top rope elbow drop.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 21, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Benne posted:

This is good. I hope they go back to themed names for the shows instead of just "Takeover: CITY"

I dunno... they could just do every Takeover as “Takeover: Chicago” and I’d be pretty happy

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I like going back and seeing the betting odds and if they were right.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

...I wouldn't be shocked if that's the Takeover: Chicago match, with Gargano screwing Ciampa out of the title.

Dusty finishes on Takeovers is a very un-NXT thing to do. Usually matches have clean finishes

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So what is the NXT Chicago card shaping up to be?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Set for Money in the Bank: Carmella vs Asuka for the Smackdown Women's Title.

As someone that has tickets to MITB... I've never been so unexcited to see the women's division on PPV in June.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
From NXT last night.... they taped two matches.

War Raiders vs. The Mighty - Winner: War Raiders
Bianca Belair vs. Dakota Kai - Winner: Bianaca Belair

Both matches were pretty great. The women's match was far better than Shayna/Cross

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
drat... I'm hyped already just thinking about that card.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Martinpale posted:

It makes more sense to me now that i've read a more in-depth spoiler: Ref bump, Ciampa grabs the crutch and the belt, Gargano runs down and in taking the belt away from Ciampa, accidentally knocks out Black, Ciampa takes out Gargano and covers Black as the ref recovers.

And yeah, i'm a big fan of his from back in the Tommy End days, but his title run didn't do a lot for me. His character works best as the guy who aggressively meditates at you and doesn't say a lot other than the occasional 'ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THIS?!?'
He's barely wrestled since winning the title, two defenses against Young and Lars... I mean, if I am reading this right, the only other match he's had was on the UK show. 3 matches as champion, 2 defenses, and a bunch of talking? Yeah, that's not how you book that guy

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They can do whatever they want as long as it leads to fresh matchups that are great.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gaz-L posted:

What is so hard about "Ali pinned Bryan, so Ali gets a title match"? Why add this loving hoop beyond "5 hours of TV a week" which is honestly a bad excuse when they could have a promo segment between Bryan and Ali or Bryan wrestling a midcarder or crusierweight to show Ali what he'll do to him or any of a million other things that isn't just 'have the 2 guys feuding wrestle' or 'pointless multiman #1 contender's match'.

Yeah... putting Ali vs. Bryan at the Rumble is pretty much the perfect match for that PPV. They can steal the show with a singles match, you don't pull a main eventer out of the rumble for a WWE title match, and Ali is in a much better position than a throwaway rumble spot where he has no chance of winning

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bigass Moth posted:

So are these tag belts being defended across shows?

We would all assume so...

There is only one actual face tag team of that bunch. I would be surprised if Sasha/Bayley don't win it, if only because they will have a few heel teams to beat to build up the titles as legitimate

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Evil Badman posted:

'Mella and Naomi are Face

They are just a thrown together pair though and certainly won't do anything after this match. They needed to fill a 6th slot in the chamber. Everyone else is somwhat of an established team

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

karmicknight posted:

Wasn't the original "the fed will keep the brand split" conclusion an extrapolation from "FOX doesn't want to promote USA's programming in a meaningful way in this current TV environment" That is what I remember the root cause being anyway.

They could just not mention Raw on Smackdown, as stupid as it seems. Because those wrestling fans would be watching The Resident or 9-1-1 instead if they didn't know about Raw

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Man... NXT looks dire right now.

Lets all just assume that those four will wrap up their time in NXT with whatever the Wrestlemania Takeover is.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

sportsgenius86 posted:

Vader will go in when the cast of Boy Meets World gets the Celeb Induction

Though not before the celebrity induction of That 70's Show for that one wrestling episode with Shamrock, Rock, and the Hardys

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave said on WOR that Lacey Evans is expected to start a feud with Natayla soon. And go over.

Thanks to Dave for that wonderful insight that was probably based on Lacey walking out with Natalya on the ramp.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So plans change. Looks like Lacey Evans will be feuding with Carmella for her first feud

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
10 championship matches, 2 Battle Royals, Triple H/Batista, Angle/TBA, Miz/Shane, Styles/Orton, Reigns/???.... yeah, it's going to be 17 matches.

I mean, it's entirely possible that there is no blowoff match for some of those singles matches and they just lump it into the battle royal drama. But that doesn't seem likely.

I'd honestly be okay if they left some title matches off the show, except people will be irrationally angry about it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If “time spent watching the network” is a valid metric.... are they trying to tell us that people actually watch these entire shows? Over the past year I just tune in late and fast forward over anything I have no interest in.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sanguinia posted:

If the Mania card had some true exclusivity, like say if all the Champ v Champ or Brand v Brand bouts at Survivor Series were determinant in which titles got on the show and then like a 2 v 4 split in which brand get the special attraction/undercard slots,

But then you have stuff like Brock beating Bryan at Survivor Series, and now Kofi got hot, but the WWE Title is relegated to the Pre Wrestlemania PPV Show

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rick posted:

The brand split has increased the main roster size for sure but it's also increased the number of people getting TV time. The WWE just can't help themselves from turning Smackdown into at least 50% a Raw clip show in the non-brand split eras.

This is what kills me. Why is it so hard to just book each person on one show per week, and not have a formal brand split? Like... is there zero self control? Do they need to push the big names for every shows for ticket sales? And if so, why not throw them all in a big 8 man tag match after the show is finished?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave mentioned a few days ago the plan for the women's title post Wrestlemania are currently one of the following apparently:

- If Ronda remains around, they'll likely shift into a Becky/Ronda feud for the title.

- If Ronda leaves, the plan is to continue running Becky/Charlotte for the foreseeable future.

Great insight. I can't wait to see Becky vs. Zelina Vega at MITB in May.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They should just do a three way dance with elimination rules. Becky gets the pin on Ronda, and then Charlotte pins Becky. Charlotte leaves with all the gold without pinning Ronda. I love it, book it!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jiro posted:

Kind of disappointing that they're just doing a massive wall of video screens than a unique physical set.

They're still not done with it... to be fair

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Wow, what scoops... Canadian wrestlers likely to return by show in Canada.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They just called up 10 people within the past few months. You think they wouldn't further gut NXT by taking people that they don't need and have no plans for. But... they need something to shock the post mania crowd with.

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave is apparently speculating that Kairi Sane and Candice LaRae are on the callup list, and that Sami Zayn will probably return next week.

What wonderful insight by Dave

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean I guess there were plans previously in March as well to have both Kairi and Candice work the house show circuits. Kairi actually did work the house show circuits for a bit back in February. Candice hasn't, but I can see them wanting her on the main roster if she's going to ever amount to anything. They seem to be building to her facing Shayna, but I think she's likely just a filler challenger for San Jose or something.

I am sure Dave's speculation is moreso that both of them were in the Women's Battle Royal.

I can't even think of who they could shock us with by having a surprise return.

Zayn is the obvious choice. Bray Wyatt is a possibility. They used Harper last night. Fandango, Akam, and Sin Cara have been injured, but would be underwhelming if they are healthy. They could maybe decide to move somebody up to Raw/SD from 205 Live....

NXT just feels like anybody big would be a big loss, and anybody too low on the card is going to not make an impact. Like I can't see TUE moving up, but could see them totally calling up TM61 and having them do nothing on the main roster

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gaz-L posted:

MONTREAL, KHALEESI

Seriously, the shake-up is next week, they were never doing anything major this week.

They should just call up Sanity again and pretend like the past year never happened

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I still can't believe how Sanity killed it in that War Game match, they get brought up to the main roster, and they decide to do absolutely nothing with them. They didn't even try.

-Announced during the April 2018 Shakeup
-Do nothing until June
-Win an Extreme Rules Pre Show Tables Match against New Day in July
-Wrestle matches on Smackdown through August for New Day to get their wins back.
-Do nothing until being added to a Survivor Series Pre Show Tag Match in November.
-Do nothing until being brought back to lose to Miz as Shane's lackeys in February
-Broken up in the April 2019 Shakeup

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Got some hot scoops for the Spoiler Thread!

Nikki's team beats Brie's team next week on Double Dare

https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/status/1121850778954752007

I've seen zero promotion for this... but they do air opposite of Raw and SD next Monday and Tuesday at 9pm and 9:30pm EST.

I'm always surprised when they air stuff like this to compete with their own shows. Like airing Total Bellas/Divas during a PPV on Sunday night

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

2 out of 4 right from the Raw side

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

STONE COLD 64 posted:

dude come on you know they're not keeping track of that poo poo

I hate that they put a number on it, because people will now complain about this forever each time it is more or less than four.

Also, here are a list of cool women's tag team/stable names

Absolution
Hart and Fire
LayCool

And as for more lovely names
The Funkadactyls
The Chickbusters
Foxsana
Team Bella ft. Alicia Fox

I'm mixed on if Extreme Exposé and Pretty Mean Sisters is good or bad.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Mandy is a blonde. Take note that every woman who has won MITB so far has been blonde. Admittedly its a sample size of 2, but still. Vince (and probably Kevin Dunn) seems to be hellbent on finding the next Trish/Sable.

Well... there were technically 3 Women's MITB matches, but the statistic still stands.

ShakeZula posted:

Mandy winning makes sense only insofar as she is literally the only heel in the match (now that Alexa's out)

I think that a SD woman will win MITB, Lacey will lose, and then some fuckery will happen with the Charlotte's match that happens immediately after (like Seth vs. Cena/Sting with no break). Either the SD winner will cash in right after the Lacey match and effectively cancel the Charlotte match, add themselves to Charlotte Match, or DQ finish and cash in on Becky after two matches essentially.Mandy being the only heel would make that make sense

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That poster also features Dream and not Tyler Breeze future NA Champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Mia Yin? But why?