Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On Extreme mode the fruit moves away from Pac Man like a ghost :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
*staring at pac-man amiibo*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I currently have the number one score in the world on Hexagon Regular. I took a screenshot to commemorate this brief moment

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Got my first A rank and it felt real good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found this game has a brake button

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

yeah there's a second page of optional tutorials .. it goes over the escaping fruit and stuff too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at the perfect boss finishing cutscene. This game seems amazing and I'm going to drift off to sleep with visions of pellets floating in my eyes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I played through Mountain Single Train and it's sick but i need to go to bed and my eyes feel raw from not blinking lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
it's out on steam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played every level once now and there's only one I don't like. Spiral, the last one, is my fave probably.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

No Such Thing posted:

This looks insane.

In Training posted:

Im gonna have t agree with helpful youtube user BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe on this one

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm glad they made a sequel

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

drat IT you got rankings in the single digits for a few of these . I'm coming for ya today

edit: yeah #3 worldwide on dungeon regular

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm #1 on a few. I'm uploading videos of my S ranks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h5R7oQ2zkU

SHort lived record of my accomplishment. People are already within 10,000 of me, it won't last long.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm going to beat your hexagon regular score today. All the maps are so good except Jumping which i never want to play again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jumping sucks it everything else is killer. Spiral, Hexagon and Mountain are my current faves.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
gently caress you rich american day 1 pieces of poo poo [feels guy with red eyes and tears only he looks like eva peron]

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Buying this on steam for :10bux: when I get home :grin:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

gently caress you rich american day 1 pieces of poo poo [feels guy with red eyes and tears only he looks like eva peron]

Don't QQ for me Argentina

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
drat, good job In Training

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I was finally able to download this, shxt is epic

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pablo Gigante posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It ended up being $13.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna try to S rank every level and challenge my mettle. Except Jumping

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNv7KzVIwQ0

step 2 of a long journey.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Did not expect to Pac for so long today. Didn't see your tips IT until I was done playing but I'll keep them in mind for next time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
im gonna get this game one way or another

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Did not expect to Pac for so long today. Didn't see your tips IT until I was done playing but I'll keep them in mind for next time.

Enjoy. Something it doesn't mention anywhere in game i dont think is that extra lives show up every 1 million points (except on expert which doesn't have 1 ups) but you have to pick them up off the board. if you pick up a fruit and leave a 1up out there its gone, and theyre worth some extra points at the end of a round so theyre good to snag, especially if you can time it so they show up before you get a power pellet.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ahh thank you i was wondering how to know when they would show up because i kept noticing them right as i cleared a level and missing them. They're worth a pretty decent amount of points too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Ahh thank you i was wondering how to know when they would show up because i kept noticing them right as i cleared a level and missing them. They're worth a pretty decent amount of points too

Yeah, especially annoying is that some levels I've been practicing cross a million threshold with the points you get from eating a fruit, which spawns the 1up on the current board and then immediately despawns it. Maybe it's worth dodging one pellet and clearing a board early for the penalty just so you can get the 1up on the next board instead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is making me mildly prodromal so I been doing the math this morning and I need to be way more liberal with bombs. The total penalty for bombing out and skipping the remaining pellets is only like 15k, so skipping early levels to increase your speed to get to more ghost trains is probably worth it. Definitely in single train where you can hit the bomb cap with 2 minutes left anyway, and the first 2 minutes dont even have a power pellet. Fat ghost trains are usually like 80k+ plus on one train and hundredds of thousands in regular. This changes everything.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Saved.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Calibri 11pt? LMFAO... Holy loving poo poo. You utter failute.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I tested it a bit and it doesn't really make too much difference, but it will probably be situational. It's only worth it very early to skip pellets because you move slower and you haven't built up the full combo yet anyway, but once you've got past like 2 boards it's not really worth it to waste the point potential, and I forgot that you pass half the ghosts+ if you leave a board early. It seems like the place where you maximize your score is a) how quickly you can clear out the ghosts once you have a power pellet and b) making sure you never miss a one up

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I'd like to see some curves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

im not laughing at numbers anymore

• Locked thread