Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

B - and hire some help
C
T
U

Oh yeah, for the scrolls, I'd like to look for any more writings about nymphs in general, not just which specific ones our uncle knew. Stuff about their very nature. Basically, anything that could help us get a more effective plan on how to best sustain this "second one with the land" we got here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Bifauxnen posted:

B - and hire some help
C
T
U

We've got some cash to spare, so let's hire some help to get that new acre cultivated (and increase the life there) without sucking up as much time and effort.

For the martial training could we find partners to spar with instead of just using a dummy?

yes

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
A
S
T

B/C
- if we can pay for the clearing, use the time studying instead. I have no specific research direction preference.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
C T U AA

We need to learn how to fight in case poo poo goes down.

Measuring the springs will also mean we explore a bit and talk to nymph types and learn a bit more/make friends.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The unclaimed land beyond your farm is semi-arid and very stony. It is a lengthy exhausting process to clear a field for the first time and hoe the existing vegetation back into the soil so you can plant. Even with the help of your ox, it took you more than a season to clear a single acre two years ago. This year you have a wealth of trade goods and even some drachma thanks to war time prices. You can easily afford to hire one or even two temporary workers to clear new land for you.

1) Do you want to hire someone to clear a new field for you?
A. No
B. Yes, I will hire Garric to clear 1 new acre for me -110 drachma
C. B & I will hire Goliath in his off-season to clear a second new acre for me -220 drachma
write in

You purchase two beehives from Kargosi Tackletrunk, doubling your number of beehives. When he delivers them he says: "Very traditional crops. Very traditional. That is good. You are a sensible woman. Good sense is its own reward, but I want to give you a discount anyways." Kargosi had qouted you 20 drachma per colony earlier but now he is helping you install them and only charging you 32 drachma. -32 drachma. "You have a lot more to learn about your history. You should visit me again soon." This year you allow your two existing hives to swarm, effectively splitting your existing bee colonies in half. Your queens lay thousands of eggs a day and it takes less than a moon for a bee to reach full growth from the moment the egg is first laid. The worker lady bees who gather the honey and do almost everything else live less than a moon after being born. With such short life-cycles and rapid egg laying your hives are soon back up to full population and can be expected to make plenty of honey this year.

The cooking festival is later this year. Your best skill is cooking so this is your chance to show the village what you can do. You have decided not to spend any time practicing a special dish but you still need to decide what to prepare.
2) You will make
F. Nothing, I'll go but who wants to do all that work
G. Nothing and I'm not even going to go

H. I make a lamb meat pie called kreatopita. This will mean butchering the male goats born earlier this year.

I. I make stuffed olives, a delectable appetizer but perhaps not the best choice for a full on cooking contest

J. I make a vegetarian bean soup called fasolada. It includes a lot of olive oil and so will make good use of my olives.

K. I make balls of dough soaked in honey called loukoumades. They are a rare and popular desert since honey is so hard to come by.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 1, 2016

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

1. B
2. K

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
CK

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
BK

But that pie looks tasty as. Gonna cook it this weekend.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Voting BK. We got this.

Also, do we have the cheese and oil to make saganaki? It's basically a fried cheese dish crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Garnish with lemon juice, but that's just excessive.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 1, 2016

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
CRU AA

BK

I'm going to a greek wedding tomorrow. I hope that pie makes an appearance.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Voting BK. We got this.

Also, do we have the cheese and oil to make saganaki? It's basically a fried cheese dish crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Garnish with lemon juice, but that's just excessive.

Yes!

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
Have the prices of any of Perssy's tools changed?

quote:

H. I want to get copper tools which are lighter and easier to use, -50 drachma

I. I want to get bronze tools - 120 drachma

J. I want to get steel tools. Good steel is incredibly rare and has to be imported from the Lizard Lords or even further away in which case it is usually transported through the Lizard Lord's lands anyways. -260 drachma
write in

Loren1350 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 1, 2016

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Loren1350 posted:

Have the prices of any of Perssy's tools changed?

Same prices. Technically the bronze prices should go up a little but this is fine.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
Ok I really want to try to get steel tools (operating on the assumption that this will open up more free time slots), so maybe double down on investments now to be able to afford those next year, and then have more research-ish time in the following year (not to mention using the increased income for gift-ish stuff). Unless we can get a decent trade-in value for our old tools (or sell them to other farmers), I'd rather jump straight to steel.

Hoping of course that steel prices don't jump by then.

C/B - Gotta spend money to make money. If we can get decent return on obsolete tools, just get one acre and upgrade to bronze.
K

cambodian holiday
Sep 4, 2009
B K

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Loren1350 posted:

Ok I really want to try to get steel tools (operating on the assumption that this will open up more free time slots), so maybe double down on investments now to be able to afford those next year, and then have more research-ish time in the following year (not to mention using the increased income for gift-ish stuff). Unless we can get a decent trade-in value for our old tools (or sell them to other farmers), I'd rather jump straight to steel.

C/B - Gotta spend money to make money. If we can get decent return on obsolete tools, just get one acre and upgrade to bronze.
K

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Loren1350 posted:

K

I am intrigued by these ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. (And vote for the same stuff)

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Would it be possible to pitch the idea of the scythe to Perssy and have him make a prototype? That would massively cut down the time it takes to harvest grains and fodder.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Loren1350 posted:

K

I like this idea

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

sheep-dodger posted:

Would it be possible to pitch the idea of the scythe to Perssy and have him make a prototype? That would massively cut down the time it takes to harvest grains and fodder.

Yes. You only have 2 acres of grains so it wouldn't be a big time savings for you but it would help other farmers a lot.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Outrail posted:

BK

But that pie looks tasty as. Gonna cook it this weekend.

Kreatopita

It's tasty as.

I claim the title of Thread king.

Cook one of dishes described in this thread to take my flowery crown.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is Spanikopita a thing here? The dish or the festival?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I just got home and I still have several chores to do tonight. I don't think I'm going to get an update posted tonight. Sorry.

RandomPauI posted:

Is Spanikopita a thing here? The dish or the festival?
I'm going to tentatively say yes to the dish. What's the festival?

Outrail posted:

Kreatopita

It's tasty as.

I claim the title of Thread king.

Cook one of dishes described in this thread to take my flowery crown.
Nice.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
These helpful videos will tell you all you need to know about Spanikopita!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW15wBnqEd0

Adult Swim stream of Spaniokpita!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Life just got more exciting than I generally like. I'm fine but I'm going to be very busy for the next little while and updates may be infrequent. I'm very sorry. I will continue to update whenever I get a few spare hours together.

• Locked thread