Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
pickle my drat balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
Does your dad dunk the dill pickle OP?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Ping pong and pickleball are literally the only two "sports" I am actually good at at, thanks for reminding me op.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Chiming in as a "played it in middle school" goon. That was...

Sigh

That was over twenty years ago.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The old people around here are obsessed with pickleball. I've never actually seen anyone play it and assume it's just code for swinging which would explain their weird fixation on it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I guess now that young people took shuffle board back they needed something new.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

poo poo, we played this in gym class. I totally had forgotten that it even existed.

e: IIRC it was mostly a middle school thing. I don't think we played it in HS.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 22, 2016

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Played pickleball in HS gym as well, it was a lot of fun.

One of the tennis courts I play at is in a public park and every so often we show up to find olds have drawn a pickleball court with chalk on the tennis court. It's there a lot but I've never actually seen them playing.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I enjoy the noble game of Quidditch.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Is this the sport for people that are too lazy to play badminton?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pickleball is fun but like, when I play its super easy to beat the people I play against since I am a fit young man

its p accurate to call it 'old man tennis'

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Y-Hat posted:

shuffleboard is the ultimate old man's sport

Or bocce ball. There's an added benefit for the old men sometimes in maintaining the grass, it's like shared extra lawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

If pickleball was an olympic sport I would have tried to do that for sure

• Locked thread