Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
that's not his name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Looking forward to this movie, this is what will hold DC movies together for me.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ElNarez posted:

that's not his name

A strong and compelling argument

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

BvS extended owned gently caress the haters.

Suicide squad looks cool and good.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Dunno if I'd want the DCCU to take on King Shark, their version of Killer Croc looks like poo poo so they'd probably gently caress him up as well.

The TV Flash already did a great version of King Shark (even if his characterization was kinda lame)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBV39GrdRdQ

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Hmm...the opposite of tha tpost, actually.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
DC just has a bunch of stupid villains, like the gorilla that's like an "evil" gorilla and there's like a whole another planet of smart monkeys. Or crazy midget doctor, Doctor Psycho.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I read Jared Lito didn't break character while filming. Will Smith claimed so much so, he still hasn't met Jared. This movie is gonna be poo poo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Margot Robbie has been kind of... not a very good actress in everything I've seen her in. I think Jared Leto will probably be good though, despite all the ridiculous behind-the-scenes hype pieces.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Pirate Jet posted:

I hope this guy's last tweet is on the day of the film and it just reads "nooooooo"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
David Ayer hasn't made a bad movie (Sabotage owns gently caress you).

Hopefully Batman gets emasculated by Slipknot, the lynchpin of the DCCU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
It's a good thing Sabotage was actually still a good action movie, because honestly Suicide Squad just ain't shapin' up to be as good as Fury or even End of Watch. It is shaping up to basically be Sabotage 2, however, so that's actually good. They've even made the Joker into the world's most elaborate Scarface fan.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Croc's beautiful, haters gettin bit

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Black Bones posted:

Croc's beautiful, haters gettin bit

Yeah, I really don't get the hate. I think the makeup looks fantastic.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, I really don't get the hate. I think the makeup looks fantastic.

People just want a giant crocodile man.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
He looks like a fuckin' Koopa Trooper from the Mario Bros movie

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I'm surprised how little attention WB is putting on the fact that Batman is in this movie, even if it's for 1 scene.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Obviously Slipknot kills Batman then his headchip explodes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The end of the film is a gruesome yet brief battle where Batman unarguably kills each and every one of them in succession.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

So many cycles of violence ended.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Barudak posted:

The end of the film is a gruesome yet brief battle where Batman unarguably kills each and every one of them in succession.

Kinda defeats the title of a Suicide Squad if they get murdered by someone else though

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Don't worry about the end too much. No one is gonna sit through long enough to actually see it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

Don't worry about the end too much. No one is gonna sit through long enough to actually see it.
:eyepop:

So the real suicide squad is... the audience??

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Kinda defeats the title of a Suicide Squad if they get murdered by someone else though

Suicide by Batman.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

LesterGroans posted:

So many cycles of violence ended.

:golfclap: I am actually down for this ending, but it looks like it's set after the death of Superman, so Batfleck is trying to be less wantonly killy.

Craziest speculation I've heard so far has to be the theory that one of the black-ops army dudes (the one who fist bumps flagg in a trailer) is actually "Robin undercover" :psyduck:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Slipknot will in fact be the sole survivor. Right before Batman batsnaps his neck, he cries out for Martha. The post credits reveal that Martha is his favorite prostitute.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Dufus P. Ratchett.

Will Smith should've played this guy.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Slipknot will in fact be the sole survivor. Right before Batman batsnaps his neck, he cries out for Martha. The post credits reveal that Martha is his favorite prostitute.

gently caress OFF with this edgy Anti-Slipknot BULLSHIT. Do you know anything about Slipknot? You think Bat-cuck could snap his neck? Dude, Slipknot is a master of ropes. Batman uses ropes, all Slipknot would have to do is turn one of Batman's ropes against him & he'd be in a bat-noose. SIMPLE.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Straight from SDCC

https://amp.twimg.com/v/b5850ed0-905a-4631-abab-2d09a7127a4d

EDIT: and the YT version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Xb9BhfVjY

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 23, 2016

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

jiggerypokery posted:

I read Jared Lito didn't break character while filming. Will Smith claimed so much so, he still hasn't met Jared. This movie is gonna be poo poo.

Who gives a poo poo what the actors did during filming?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I would contend that Leto being an insufferable piece of poo poo re: his approach to playing the Joker is, in fact, extremely good

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Movie's going to loving own

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Was Slipknot in this trailer in just one quick shot? It's amazing how obvious it is that Slipknot is going to die basically immediately.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Was Slipknot in this trailer in just one quick shot? It's amazing how obvious it is that Slipknot is going to die basically immediately.
They should had filmed some fake scenes with him in it. Basically looking like he saves the day on his own and scoring with Harley Quinn.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

They should have just renamed Slipknot to 'Adam Beach Collects A Paycheck'

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

props to leto for going full method and sending his costars used condoms and death threats and poo poo. portraying the joker is the new hamlet.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

I would contend that Leto being an insufferable piece of poo poo re: his approach to playing the Joker is, in fact, extremely good

Mulaney Power Move posted:

props to leto for going full method and sending his costars used condoms and death threats and poo poo. portraying the joker is the new hamlet.

It's so funny because when he was first announced/previewed, people were pissed off that he wasn't treating the role like he was slipping into Gielgud's robes to play Lear. Who knew he'd go so far in the other direction.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

look, the man has an oscar

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

look, the man has an oscar

At this point it is a prerequisite for playing The Joker in a big budget movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Marketing New Brain posted:

At this point it is a prerequisite for playing The Joker in a big budget movie.

I can't wait for the Jennifer Lawrence interpretation.

• Locked thread