Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Was Slipknot in this trailer in just one quick shot? It's amazing how obvious it is that Slipknot is going to die basically immediately.

I have no issue with this. I can't loving stand Adam Beach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I have to say for the record that while this isn't the movie's fault in any way and I know they don't have control over the marketing, seeing "#skwad" in those tweets makes me super angry.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

WampaLord posted:

I have to say for the record that while this isn't the movie's fault in any way and I know they don't have control over the marketing, seeing "#skwad" in those tweets makes me super angry.

They got it tattooed on themselves

Barudak
May 7, 2007

computer parts posted:

I can't wait for the Jennifer Lawrence interpretation.

Not enough academy awards. We need Meryl Streep.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Timby posted:

I have no issue with this. I can't loving stand Adam Beach.

U srsly telling me u saw Fargo SEason 2 and u were like, "This guy...UGH!"?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hat Thoughts posted:

U srsly telling me u saw Fargo SEason 2 and u were like, "This guy...UGH!"?

That wasn't Adam Beach!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That wasn't Adam Beach!
haha poo poo, my apologies to Adam Beach, Zahn McClarnon, the native community as well as the Joe Dirt fandom.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Given that there are like 4 well known NA actors total, one of them being Johnny Depp, I don't blame you.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really loved End of Watch, but I've heard Sabotage is hot garbage served in a ball-sweat sauce, c/d?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

precision posted:

I really loved End of Watch, but I've heard Sabotage is hot garbage served in a ball-sweat sauce, c/d?

No, Sabotage is good.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhhqmRJ8CD8

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

precision posted:

It's most obviously not written by Ayer but the direction is great. It's not Fury, but what is, really.

Rock Or Roll
Feb 18, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Dunno if I'd want the DCCU to take on King Shark, their version of Killer Croc looks like poo poo so they'd probably gently caress him up as well.

The TV Flash already did a great version of King Shark (even if his characterization was kinda lame)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBV39GrdRdQ

Excited for the gritty Street Sharks reboot. JAWESOME!

jiggerypokery posted:

I read Jared Lito didn't break character while filming. Will Smith claimed so much so, he still hasn't met Jared. This movie is gonna be poo poo.

Do people actually believe this? I know it keeps coming up in interviews but it sounds like a pile of bullshit marketing. Like how Ledger was so 'caught up' in the darkness of his Joker role. Which turned out to have very little truth. If media is willing to exploit a man's death for ticket sales, I doubt they'd think twice about playing up rumors of Leto's antics.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Man that reminds me Nicholson doesn't do movies anymore cause he can't remember lines.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
A picture of jack Nicholson reminded you of that?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, cause when I see young Jack in a movie, it's not the same, but when you see his old rear end now it gets dark.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah, cause when I see young Jack in a movie, it's not the same, but when you see his old rear end now it gets dark.

Bucket List was schmaltzy but kind of hit hard for that reason.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

WizardVan posted:

Do people actually believe this? I know it keeps coming up in interviews but it sounds like a pile of bullshit marketing. Like how Ledger was so 'caught up' in the darkness of his Joker role. Which turned out to have very little truth. If media is willing to exploit a man's death for ticket sales, I doubt they'd think twice about playing up rumors of Leto's antics.

Leto is an ultra method actor and has refused to break character for earlier roles, so there's probably some element of truth to his on-set antics. But there's at least an equal amount of hype now that the Joker has become one of those iconic screen roles in the same way that people talk about the new James Bond or whatever.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Will Smith as Deadshot still disappoints me, because like everything I've seen makes it looks like he's gonna do that thing where he just plays The Character Of Will Smith instead.

Also needs more mask.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Kinda want to see Suicide Squad v Justice League: Suicide by Justice.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Leto is an ultra method actor and has refused to break character for earlier roles, so there's probably some element of truth to his on-set antics. But there's at least an equal amount of hype now that the Joker has become one of those iconic screen roles in the same way that people talk about the new James Bond or whatever.

Leto is also the kind of 90s hyper edgelord douchebag that would pull stupid stunts for publicity.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

WizardVan posted:

Excited for the gritty Street Sharks reboot. JAWESOME!

Someone is about to get handed their lungs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

precision posted:

Leto is also the kind of 90s hyper edgelord douchebag that would pull stupid stunts for publicity.

I'm sad that My So-Called Life got cancelled after one season, too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Empire covers

https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/757556471840202752

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This was posted in the Bluray deals thread by someone, so I'll post it here.
https://www.amazon.com/b?tag=water70e-20&ascsubtag=95001204514d11e69dd6ee931686208f0INT&ie=UTF8&node=14102689011

Buy any of those blurays, get $8 in Suicide Squad ticket money.
For whatever reason, the link doesn't open up on phones.

Here are some notable ones on the list:
Man of Steel $7.50
Watchmen Director's Cut $8
V For Vendetta $7.88
Constantine $4.88
Dark Knight Trilogy :20bux:
Green Lantern :10bux:

They also have the Dark Knight trilogy movies separately. There's also an offer to get $5 Suicide Squad money for buying various DVDs if you're a prole.

Details:

quote:

Buy any eligible title in the list below and receive a reward code good towards one movie ticket (up to $5.00 total value for DVD or Digital SD purchases and up to $8.00 total value for Blu-ray or Digital HD purchases) to see Suicide Squad beginning August 5 at participating theaters.
Step 1: Complete your purchase of any eligible title in the list below between July 24, 2016 and August 27, 2016 only. Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com.
Step 2: Once the disc ships or your digital purchase is complete, you will receive an email within 48 hours containing your reward code. Click the link contained in the email or go to http://www.activaterewards.com/suicidesquadticket to redeem your reward code.
Step 3: On the http://www.activaterewards.com/suicidesquadticket website, follow the instructions to redeem your reward code for a movie ticket. Reward code must be redeemed by September 3, 2016.
Restrictions apply; see below for details.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Will Smith as Deadshot still disappoints me, because like everything I've seen makes it looks like he's gonna do that thing where he just plays The Character Of Will Smith instead.

Also needs more mask.

He's become a bit of a self parody in recent years, but if he puts his ego aside he's an extremely talented and charismatic actor. That said I'm also a little worried they hired him to play Will Smith playing Deadshot, instead of just Deadshot.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Detective No. 27 posted:

This was posted in the Bluray deals thread by someone, so I'll post it here.
https://www.amazon.com/b?tag=water70e-20&ascsubtag=95001204514d11e69dd6ee931686208f0INT&ie=UTF8&node=14102689011

Buy any of those blurays, get $8 in Suicide Squad ticket money.
For whatever reason, the link doesn't open up on phones.

"So explain to me again why you own Constantine."

"Well, it was literally cheaper to buy it than it was to not buy it."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The ending sequence with Satan in Constantine is worth the price of admission alone. Especially on home video when you can skip straight there.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I always thought the scene where she mows down a bunch of demons with that rad cross-shotgun was pretty cool. It's filmed kind of like a twin-stick shooter videogame.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Barudak posted:

The ending sequence with Satan in Constantine is worth the price of admission alone. Especially on home video when you can skip straight there.

Tilda Swinton as Gabriel was was also inspired casting. There's a lot to like about the movie and if the movie wasn't called Constantine it would probably have been remembered more fondly

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I'm a complete sucker for supernatural-in-the-shadows stuff and Constantine is chocked full of it. The ending scene is fantastic, but there's plenty of good stuff before it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Barudak posted:

Satan describing his plans for Constantine in hell as a "theme park full of red delights" always felt wonderful to me. Peter Stromare was such a good devil.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Imagine getting tattoo'd and then the movie sucks and you're left with the reminder of what killed your career...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Alhazred posted:

Tilda Swinton as Gabriel was was also inspired casting. There's a lot to like about the movie and if the movie wasn't called Constantine it would probably have been remembered more fondly

That bit where her character loses his angelicness and Constantine punches him and it just takes him a second to discover what pain is. Perfect.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Someone once suggested that Constantine is entirely saved by the stunt casting - every time the movie begins to feel bogged down by the plot and chasing the MacGuffin, John meets up with some character actor who's enjoyably chewing the scenery, reinfecting the movie with some life for a bit, until the plot becomes leaden again and then - BAM - another character actor, up through the finish where they let Stormare hang loose as Satan and give everyone a quick scene of him and Tilda hamming it up.

In other words someone recognized that while Keanu is kind of perfect for a John Constantine type and Weisz is as capable as any woman to inject the role with some gravitas, they knew the plot was leading the characters too much (in an Akiva Goldsman script?! What a surprise!) and used the casting of these supporting roles as counterweight since they couldn't rewrite the script at that point.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
It emerges that the entire squad converted to Islam in prison and this is just Snyder's take on the threat of terror in the United states.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Cameo posted:

In other words someone recognized that while Keanu Matt Ryan is kind of perfect for a John Constantine type

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
A supposed cast list has showed up on the internet that claims there's a second Justice League member in the movie Flash

I doubt is real but is an interesting possibility nonetheless.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A supposed cast list has showed up on the internet that claims there's a second Justice League member in the movie Flash

I doubt is real but is an interesting possibility nonetheless.

I read an 'article' with the same theory, but based it on some lightning in the SS trailer looking like the lightning that shows up when the Flash uses his powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wow, that laughter sounds... dumb.

• Locked thread