Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Looking forward to this movie, this is what will hold DC movies together for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
DC just has a bunch of stupid villains, like the gorilla that's like an "evil" gorilla and there's like a whole another planet of smart monkeys. Or crazy midget doctor, Doctor Psycho.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This got a 32 on rottentomatos, I'm sure glad that they already have 2 more DC movies just like this coming after these last 2 flops!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There is a mid credit scene for those going to see it.

For those who arn't:
That scene shows Viola Davis as Amanda Waller presenting dossiers on Aquaman and the Flash to none other than Bruce Wayne himself (Ben Affleck). As he leaves, Bruce tells Waller to shut down the Suicide Squad project, after the mess it made over the course of the movie.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Arn't you guys glad they already made the DC movies for next year! Even before finding out they make bad movies! Yay!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The only acceptable post credit scene for this movie would be a Will Smith music video.

Uh, wickey wild wild
Wicky wicky wild
Wickey wild, wicky wicky wild wild wild west,
Dead eye, desperado, suicide squad

I quickly wrote these lyrics for you.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

precision posted:

At some point it becomes ludicrous to assert that millions of people "just have bad taste".

Can you draw me a bell curve graph to demonstrate this?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

computer parts posted:

And yet BvS making $870 million doesn't count.

It didn't beat The Dark Knight.

So this is the height of movie quality, DC will be bringing to us in till we all die to robots.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Its like they combined Marilyn Manson and the Joker.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

DC comics are coming to town!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How is this movies tomato meter even going down? The Room is killing it now!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hilariously he only throws boomerangs 4 times during the entire film and only one of them was a gimmick boomerang which somehow had a stabilized video camera. The rest of the time he just holds them in his hands and stabs people with them like they're knives. Apart from the info from the camera which they also could have gained by just peeking around the corner he was completely useless.

Really if they put a camera on the boomerang wouldn't it of just spun around in a circle and been completely worthless?

rear end Catchcum posted:

People keep making GBS threads on dc movies like the marvel movies are good. They're terrible. They are the most basic plots and use a technique that involves using the same very famous movie stars to give a false sense of some sort of universe and it dazzles nerds with low bars.

The Nolan batmans are the best superhero movies ever made. End.

Who will play daredevil now? Or will Ben Affleck still play the roll and like be green screened it?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 4, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There were so many flashbacks I wanted to kill myself.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So the entire movie was pointless right because the black lady losses control of the team right after the talk how she has it all under control.

The video resume of all the characters takes up like half the movie.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My favorite Slipknot quote from the movie is "Yea ok".

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Did you guys know that a machine can be nothing but lightning and floating metal?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

thepokey posted:

say 5 lines of dialog, smash some people, swim and do the world's most awkward push-ups, at least I think they were push-ups, or he as humping something I don't know.

Don't knock living in a sewer in till you try it man, it works your core.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Suicide Squad 2: Slipknot's Revenge

I haven't seen the movie yet but hopefully he lives :v:

Not alot left of him to avenge.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My favorite part was when Batman ambushed the Fresh Prince and his daughter in an dark ally while Christmas shopping in Gotham. It was like Batman was literally ripping the parent from the life of Deadshot's daughter just like what happened to him. Instead of arresting him some other way they send Batman right at him, they gave information to the guy who brands people.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Studios only get about 20% of their income from box office receipts these days, alternate income streams like home media sales, merchandise and TV/VOD licencing which used to be considered a nice little side profit back in the 80s is now keeping the studios afloat. Box office grosses are a nice way of measuring how popular films are on first release but they're pretty much useless for measuring whether a film is profitable or not.

They make the sequels based on those numbers. Its not like the DVD sales of DREDD are gonna get you a sequel buddy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Basebf555 posted:

Dredd didn't have a thousand different toys on the shelf, all kinds of different deals with fast food and car companies, and it wouldn't have made anywhere near the same amount in TV/VOD licensing that something like BvS would. DVD and blu ray sales are only the beginning.

Dude I want a Dredd children toy of the drug king pin that skins people alive!

Somehow this is relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Uxqrbi4Z0&t=646s Just let Moltar talk.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 5, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How was Killer Croc racist?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Maelstache posted:

The introduction for Slipknot was hilarious, after all the rest of the squad get a long build-up detailing all their backstories, he just sort-of gets out of a car and they're like, "Oh yeah, and this guy as well."

Yea, they even forgot to tell him that he has explosives in his neck too.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

That'll be a fun six-second clip in a Justice League movie.

I donno man Captain Boomerang has a camera in his boomerangs.
.....syncs with android not apple.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I said come in! posted:

I liked this version of the Joker, it's just too bad Jared Leto is supposedly a gigantic rear end in a top hat in real life and no liked him during filming. What is disappointing is that the Joker in Suicide Squad was totally pointless and added nothing to the story. Supposedly the alternative cut of the film changes that and he is much more central to the plot beyond just Harley Quinns backstory.

My favorite parts about DCU is how it glosses over what could of been a movie that made them, The Joker meeting Harley Quinn and some Batman. Simple story! Its just a flash back, but it would of been a way better movie.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Codependent Poster posted:

"What if Superman had torn off the roof to the White House? Who would stop him?"

"Batman."

"No, all the people Batman caught who don't really have any powers at all."

"But... Batman actually did beat Superman..."

Wow, These movies are so awful.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MrJacobs posted:

So superman allowed himself to suffocate under the effects of a foreign substance and just thought it was cool to be helpless as he almost got stabbed in the chest by a crazy man? Superman was toying with batman until poo poo got real when kryptonite was introduced, then he was actually trying to kill batman, and failed.

That's a family of hunters for you!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

quote:

If Suicide Squad doesn’t pick up this weekend, then it will tie with the Zack Snyder superhero clash and 20th Century Fox’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Wolverine wasn't that bad. Barns just explode when you jump over them with motorcycles.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

At this point I'd be happy to get a superhero movie that was completely character driven and didn't even have any super villains

Did you see Civil War?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I should have said "At this point I'd be happy to get a lighthearted superhero movie that was completely character driven and didn't even have any metahuman battles that destroyed half a city"

Spider-Teen's version of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, minor DC villains trying to pull off a crazy heist and avoid Batman and Flash, Squirrel Girl's space adventures, whatever. A film which didn't end with a giant blue laser that was going to destroy the Earth. There's a whoooooooole lot of scope within the genre that has barely been touched upon except for brief scenes here and there.

I have a perfect movie for you, Superhero Movie Staring Leslie Nielsen as Uncle Albert (aka Uncle Ben).

quote:

Uncle Albert: How can you say that? I've been like a father to you! I raised you, just like your father did! I believed in you, just like your father did! I slept with your mother, just like your father did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw6zV9CtczA

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I Before E posted:

Other good movies to double feature with this:
Mystery Men
Chappie
Robocop 2

Please don't bring a timeless classic like RoboCop 2 in to this.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CelticPredator posted:

I think Chappie's legacy will only get worse. It's a movie while watching, I could tell very few people can tolerate it.

I love it though.

I saw the movie looking for robot centered dialog, I got a South African punk band yelling for 2 hours.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

As Nero Danced posted:

I'm wondering who had less to do, Croc or Boomerang. Neither really seemed to contribute all that much and only seemed to speak when there were a few seconds of silence to fill. The only thing I can remember was at the end Croc threw the bomb, but that didn't seem like a hard toss to make.

He ripped his shirt off for that throw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Squad Squad was written by a secret genius, what does this even mean? Like the Star Wars Ring Theory?

• Locked thread