Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HorseRenoir posted:

mmm, that's some good salt op :allears:

The hottest of takes for the hottest of topics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Slipknot will in fact be the sole survivor. Right before Batman batsnaps his neck, he cries out for Martha. The post credits reveal that Martha is his favorite prostitute.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

rear end Catchcum posted:

There's nothing special or magical about paying a bunch of actors a butt load of money to reprise their roles. That's not a universe. That's manufactured stories to pump out to you like Doritos. Have some taste. Dare to be discerning. We don't need a 3rd Spider-Man reboot.

I for one watch only films with clotheslines.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neurolimal posted:

I'm not too sad about Slipknot being a serial rapist getting cut. It was offensively embarassing with Dr. Light, and it would be extra embarassing with Rope Guy

Though it would be funny if his shocking twist is that he's not actually a rapist. He's just too good at bondage.

"No guys I said I'm a ROPIST"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'd probably go see Suicide Skwad if a witch actually did get shot by a cruise missile.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guy A. Person posted:

Isn't it obviously Loki you both are talking about?

It's actually really hilarious in retrospect with all the retconning they did to whittle the number of dead in NY down to 72 or whatever it ended up being. So an invading alien army emerged above NY and manages to kill less than a hundred people after an hour or so and the illuminati or whatever are like "OH gently caress DROP A NUKE". Yeah, worst plan ever. Maybe give it a couple days until the number of casualties hits a whopping 4 digits. Or like send in a conventional military response; the NYPD seem to be doing alright along with Barton and his loving arrows.

One of these days Marvel or DC will realize XCOM's a thing.

(My favorite scene in MoS was the military being crushed to pieces by Faora and Namek).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The incubus comes from a nightmare and turns him into an alien werewolf serial killer sort of thing.

Ahhh, Kos, or some say, Kosm...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sinding Johansson posted:

I looked at your posts in this thread though and recurring theme in your criticism of Suicide Squad is that you disagree with the movie for political reasons.

That's par for the course in CD.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BiggerBoat posted:

Oh God no. Please. I'd give it three posts before it turned into a ham and pineapple pizza debate or which fast food burger was Marvel and which was DC.

Hardee's and Carl's Jr., but which is which???

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McDragon posted:

So if Joker was in Arkham after offing Robin, and that's where he met Harley, how can she be an accomplice to his murder then

That's just how crazy it was!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I guess that Deadshot's daughter also had an arc even though it almost completely happens off screen, she goes from "I still love my dad even though he does evil things" at the start to "Assassins are cool and awesome!" after he helps save the world.

Assassin's Creed will hit record sales that year in Gotham.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

He's most definitely not a Juggalo because he's not trying to make Christ cool.

I didn't know there was a strong Christian element to being a Juggalo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I Before E posted:

They have an entire album dedicated to making it crystal clear that the dark carnival is an extended metaphor for Christianity, including the line (paraphrased) "We're not sorry that we tricked you".

E: I was close

Amazing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Electromax posted:

Joker should just belly laugh like that Chewbacca mask lady.

No, like Jabba the Hutt. "OHHHH HOH HOH HOH, Batman"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rigged Death Trap posted:

iirc there was some effortpost somewhere in Games(and/or ADTRW) where someone compared storytelling techniques in Japanese pop media against western ones.
It boiled down to 'inconsistency is okay if it fits the narrative'. But I may be misremembering.

Solid Snake repeating every noun he hears is apparently a Japanese thing too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Halloween Jack posted:

Please also explain how Cesar Romero's Joker was better, because he's obviously wearing paint over his moustache, whereas in real life we know that chemicals can't turn people milk white and grass green.

Hair dye and skin whiteners exist. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Art? More like fart.

• Locked thread