Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i wish the cop shot new imgur! at least then he'd know why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

Hey maybe if you fuckers would fund your police forces properly you wouldn't have lowest bidder army drop-outs equipped with lowest bidder army surplus doing completely reactionary policing. You have too few dudes who only engage with the public when poo poo gets called in and it's no wonder why they're all killbots. Whoops!

Policeman is a relatively well paying job given the requirements though?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The united states criminal justice system is made up of two separate but equally important parts. The police officers, who shoot unarmed black people, and the union representatives, who protect them from the consequences of those shootings. These are their stories :doink:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Knyteguy posted:

This is probably on the cops, but why the hell did the idiots filming not show the whole thing? Now the talking point will be "Oh yeah I bet he stopped complying during the cut and reached in his pocket".

because if they didn't it would be a clear cut case of excessive force, and there wouldn't be a dumb talking point to squeeze as many view counts and ratings out of the situation as humanly possible

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

gannyGrabber posted:

Hey maybe if you fuckers would fund your police forces properly you wouldn't have lowest bidder army drop-outs equipped with lowest bidder army surplus doing completely reactionary policing. You have too few dudes who only engage with the public when poo poo gets called in and it's no wonder why they're all killbots. Whoops!

you mean the police forces that are comparatively well paid and have the kind of generous benefits and retirement programs that most of America lost a couple generations ago? the police forces that are given cash bonuses from the DEA for drug (weed) arrests and that get tons of brand new high-end military equipment for free from the pentagon?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Yeah I think actually the police get a ton of funding.

Budget cut backs but increased police presence funny how that goes.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

you mean the police forces that are comparatively well paid and have the kind of generous benefits and retirement programs that most of America lost a couple generations ago? the police forces that are given cash bonuses from the DEA for drug (weed) arrests and that get tons of brand new high-end military equipment for free from the pentagon?

none of that ensures good hires though...?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
In the US, it's normal for men, children and women to open carry assault rifles and knives into malls and movie theaters.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

gannyGrabber posted:

police officers are trained to see civilians as potential threats to their safety and to remain vigilant at all times for threat of physical violence. i mean what u said is all true but its not like some random happenstance that they are killbots its how they are trained to see the general public

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

FuhrerHat posted:

Spending the money wisely is another beast entirely.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Minimalist Program posted:

In the US, it's normal for men, children and women to open carry assault rifles and knives into malls and movie theaters.

Its actually encouraged and applauded, as it is a fundamental right laid out in our nation's charter

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

police officers are trained to see civilians as potential threats to their safety and to remain vigilant at all times for threat of physical violence. i mean what u said is all true but its not like some random happenstance that they are killbots its how they are trained to see the general public

True but on the other hand, in the US it's considered normal and even sexy for a civilian to walk around with an assault rifle, a glock or a sword in public.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
People i feel sorry for:

- black people in america
- gun thread OPs who face an inevitable poo poo-rated thread

well the second one, not so much

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Seeing a nicely dressed, white child, carrying a junior sized semi-automatic shotgun, fills me with pride

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.

Dreddout posted:

I'm just counting the days until someone gets shot over Pokemon Go.

Guatemala. Doesn't count. This is America.

http://kfor.com/2016/07/19/homeowner-shoots-at-teens-playing-pokemon-go-outside-his-home/

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Seeing a nicely dressed, white child, carrying a junior sized semi-automatic shotgun, fills me with pride

In the US, that's a normal sight.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

True but on the other hand, in the US it's considered normal and even sexy for a civilian to walk around with an assault rifle, a glock or a sword in public.

True but on the other hand being a police officer is statistically safer than being a garbageman.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i said it before ill say it now

we need gort

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

FuhrerHat posted:

why are you assuming that police forces aren't hiring exactly the type of people that they want to hire?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Roylicious posted:

True but on the other hand being a police officer is statistically safer than being a garbageman.

It's safe to be a garbageman in the US because, as a garbageman, you are allowed and even expected to carry a fully automatic AR-15 with attached grenade launcher to fight garbage.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
An armed populace is a polite populace, and Americans are known around the world for their stellar manners

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

This isn't common or normal at all. Even in places where it is legal you'll still freak people out and draw police attention. It's always one random rear end in a top hat trying to get the cops called so they can scream about their rights and make a scene.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Not to defend the cop for shooting the dude, but my guess is the cop was aiming for the autistic guy and missed. Hitting the black duder in the leg.

I mean, most cops are poo poo shots so it makes sense seeing the angle and everything.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

It's safe to be a garbageman in the US because, as a garbageman, you are allowed and even expected to carry a fully automatic AR-15 with attached grenade launcher to fight garbage.

Your vision of America is actually awesome and I think we need to work towards this

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

The French Army! posted:

This isn't common or normal at all.
Uh yeah it is. It's super normal.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If the police would just stick to never recovering your stuff when your house gets robbed, writing speeding tickets, and shooting dogs while serving warrants at the wrong house, the public wouldn't hate them as much.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

also people will buy the newest assault rifle to be cool and then just throw out their old assault rifles, so garbage men are constantly finding perfectly good AR-15s and AK-47s in the garbage

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Such a wasteful culture.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The native Americans always used every part of the rifle.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

City of Tampa posted:

also people will buy the newest assault rifle to be cool and then just throw out their old assault rifles, so garbage men are constantly finding perfectly good AR-15s and AK-47s in the garbage

It's a good day for a US garbage man when a whole family on their route gets new back-to-school AR-15s and throw out their old ones for the garbage man to pick up, refurbish and gift to his girlfriend's grown sons.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

why are you assuming that police forces aren't hiring exactly the type of people that they want to hire?

good point

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

GORDON posted:

The native Americans always used every part of the rifle.
they called it maize

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Checks out, and makes you think.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Shaquin posted:

they called it maize

mwah, goodnight everybody!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shaquin posted:

they called it maize

5'd.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Shaquin posted:

they called it maize

*sheds a single tear that has a tiny gun in it, like that fly stuck in the piece of amber in jurassic park*

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Snatch Duster posted:

Not to defend the cop for shooting the dude, but my guess is the cop was aiming for the autistic guy and missed. Hitting the black duder in the leg.
Even if you assume that was the case (a) Maybe don't take the shot if you don't have a clear one to take and (b) deciding to shoot at someone who clearly has a mental condition but is also sitting on the ground, playing with a truck, and posing no immediate harm doesn't make me feel much better about the situation.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

reminder the cop said "i dont know"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That retard with no weapon is uppity

that's a death sentence :clint:

*shoots another guy*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho