Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cartouche posted:

How so? Or is this just you being you once again?

how would it be retarded if 100k people could sign an online petition and overturn federal prosecutor's decisions?

idk bro why don't we just dismantle the justice system entirely and do american idol rules

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Voter turnout would go up.

I've always said that we should be able to vote by phone. Grindr could even block access until you do

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

how would it be retarded if 100k people could sign an online petition and overturn federal prosecutor's decisions?

Because it was a recommendation and not a federal prosecutor's "decision"? Not to mention how politically motivated that recommendation was. Because they changed the meaning of "gross negligence" to allow her to get off, perhaps?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cartouche posted:

Because it was a recommendation and not a federal prosecutor's "decision"? Not to mention how politically motivated that recommendation was. Because they changed the meaning of "gross negligence" to allow her to get off, perhaps?

are you dumb

quote:

This petition is being used to reverse the FBI decision and have HRC charged with all of the aforementioned charges, along with any others that are outlined in the SF 312.

federal prosecutors decided not to charge her, the petition is saying 'no you must charge her actually.' You're right the FBI didn't decide anything, the federal prosecutor gets to decide whether to file charges based on the evidence the FBI gives them and the prosecutors decided 'no.'

which pretty much means petitioners want HRC taken to court where the state's case will be sketchy at best and will be a giant media circus waste of time and in the end HRC won't get convicted of anything anyway and you'll all be just as butthurt as you were before

and the FBI said the difference in this case was that there was no malice or forethought which is the deciding factor in most of the cases referenced in that cherry picked rear end quote you're about to post

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Germstore posted:

If you idiots could actually talk about the bad thing he says such as, "bombing the family of terrorists" instead of clumsily misrepresenting them as worse things maybe you'd get somewhere.

So Trump didn't really say that, as long as ISIS fighters have no women and children in their families.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I mean if you're going to extend killing the family of terrorists to torturing and killing muslim women and children then you may as well just say that trump said he would torture, rape and murder women and children.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gianthogweed posted:

Russia and the US was on the same side in every World War. Everyone thought World War III would be Russia vs the US.

the russo-english alliance goes back further than that. they were on the same side of the Napoleonic wars too

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

and the FBI said the difference in this case was that there was no malice or forethought which is the deciding factor in most of the cases referenced in that cherry picked rear end quote you're about to post

i just saw a clip of her forethought though? it was linked a few pages back. seems a bit fishy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

i just saw a clip of her forethought though? it was linked a few pages back. seems a bit fishy

saying you don't like emails bc they are easily traced and haha one day people can find out your poo poo is not at all the same as being actively engaged in treason with full knowledge that you are hurting the USA

like come on the prosecutor has to get up there and have some concrete admissible evidence that is solid and actionable not this poo poo get real

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Rutibex posted:

Checks out and the Ouija board agrees.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

saying you don't like emails bc they are easily traced and haha one day people can find out your poo poo is not at all the same as being actively engaged in treason with full knowledge that you are hurting the USA

like come on the prosecutor has to get up there and have some concrete admissible evidence that is solid and actionable not this poo poo get real

quote:

neg·li·gence
ˈneɡləjəns/
noun
failure to take proper care in doing something.

Gross negligence is a conscious and voluntary disregard of the need to use reasonable care, which is likely to cause foreseeable grave injury or harm to persons, property, or both. It is conduct that is extreme when compared with ordinary Negligence, which is a mere failure to exercise reasonable care.

Pretty darned certain that is what Comey said she did. :shrug:

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

City of Tampa posted:

actually a petition with 100k signatures should be able to overturn a conviction, that would be a big step forward in the American justice system

what? a justice system based purely on popularity?

a lot of retarded youtubers would be above the law in your world

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cartouche posted:

neg·li·gence
ˈneɡləjəns/
noun
failure to take proper care in doing something.

are you retarded for real or what is english your second language maybe?

negligence is not malicious forethought you goddamn lunatic

quote:

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

are you retarded for real or what is english your second language maybe?

negligence is not malicious forethought you goddamn lunatic

:ironicat:

You seem to be missing the part of gross negligence when you are constructing your strawman, where it does not state maliciousness. What are you even arguing at this point, mister worst poster since Tezzor was banned?.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

reallivedinosaur posted:

what? a justice system based purely on popularity?

a lot of retarded youtubers would be above the law in your world

oh no people might not go to jail for stupid arbitrary poo poo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
don't act like people wouldn't immediately form groups that were 200k strong to immediately petition out any member who got in trouble for anything which would result in full on anarchy in about a year

or that people wouldn't start petitions to have people sent to jail for the lols

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cartouche posted:

:ironicat:

You seem to be missing the part of gross negligence when you are constructing your strawman, where it does not state maliciousness. What are you even arguing at this point, mister worst poster since Tezzor was banned?.

lol look idk how to put it any clearer and you're just being a stupid piss baby retard at this point

sorry bro HRC sucks but she didn't engage in treason and there's no actionable evidence a prosecutor could do anything with and your internet petition means jack poo poo all

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
reminder that tezzor killed himself 2.5 weeks ago and moridin should do the same

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
this thread should be hung for treason.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress the ROW posted:

reminder that tezzor killed himself 2.5 weeks ago and moridin should do the same

reminder that you're an unrepentant stupid piss bitch as well with a tired old gimmick that everyone got sick of back when GetFiscal did it 10x better

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Hey guys Donnie threw a baby out because the baby had bigger hands than donnie does.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Zombie Boat posted:

Hey guys Donnie threw a baby out because the baby had bigger hands than donnie does.

nah it wasn't just the hands, i heard it looked like an anchor too

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

lol look idk how to put it any clearer and you're just being a stupid piss baby retard at this point

sorry bro HRC sucks but she didn't engage in treason and there's no actionable evidence a prosecutor could do anything with and your internet petition means jack poo poo all

Gross Negligence != treason you simpering whiney jackass.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

In order to charge someone you have to have a crime that you're going to charge them with. This is lost on republicans.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Prettz posted:

In order to charge someone you have to have a crime that you're going to charge them with. This is lost on republicans.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2016/07/05/the-clinton-email-probe-and-the-question-of-gross-negligence/

Edit: Good thing I am not a republican :ssh:

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 2, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Oh, I'm sorry, "extreme carelessness"... :smug:

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

blogs.wsj.com
yeah i'll be sure to click that

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Prettz posted:

blogs.wsj.com

No, you will continue to exist in ignorance.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Prettz posted:

blogs.wsj.com

The article actually makes it quite clear why the FBI decided the case didn't qualify for prosecution. :shrug:

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

gently caress the ROW posted:

Wait did tezzor really kill himself? Lol what a beta bitch

edit: i hope he used a gun

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The article actually makes it quite clear why the FBI decided the case didn't qualify for prosecution. :shrug:

because they're corrupt?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Cartouche posted:

No, you will continue to exist in ignorance.
Says the guy who has no idea about the wallstreetjournal

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/middleeast/syria-aleppo/

assad forces just used chemical weapons in syria (again) because a russian helicopter got shot down, trump better win this election so we can hurry up and get on the right side of history in this conflict

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
uh huh and saddam had weapons of mass destruction

better drop some freedom on those guys right quick

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

To the point about Trump's taxes, yeah I know that all rich people are tax cheats. For me, the difference is that cheating on your taxes is specifically illegal, and Trump is on eggshells if he is forced to release that info. For all the humming and hawing about how illegal it was for Clinton to use a personal email, Trump is hiding legitimate felonies, traceable through documents and hard numbers. For every illegal thing Hillary is pegged as being guilty of by the right (speaking arrangements/Benghazi/emails), none of those have been brought to trial, impartial parties have said that there aren't cases in those claims. Trump is obviously hiding a legitimate case in the returns, otherwise he would just release them like every other candidate has.

I know this is old but had I to hit this.

Close, but this is how it was explained to me: Anyone in high $$$/volume real estate actually pays @0% taxes. There's some real estate loophole where as long as you're buying more property regularly, you don't claim income tax. It gets rolled into the next real estate acquisition and so on until you get out (never happens) or die (always happens). The estate/"DEATH" tax is where it gets collected, like lottery tax collected.

So you see, if he did release them, he'd show how full of it he is on any movement on positive tax code reform AND how most people arguing for repeal of estate taxes are either set to get a windfall of family $$$, or a chunk of somebody else's.

Disclaimer: I stand to lose a chunk to estate taxes. #firstworldproblems

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some interesting stuff is surfacing about Kihzr Khan

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Well we were wrong the last time so I'm sure this time we got it right. Law of averages.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I hope Obama takes some advice from the most qualified candidate ever, and invades now.

Lets get some boots on the ground.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

don't act like people wouldn't immediately form groups that were 200k strong to immediately petition out any member who got in trouble for anything which would result in full on anarchy in about a year

or that people wouldn't start petitions to have people sent to jail for the lols

no it could only be for overturning convictions, not for convicting people because then we'd immediately turn into ISIS

getting 100k legit, verifiable signatures on a real non-internet petition is a pretty big deal so I think you'd only be able to do it for the really exceptional cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

City of Tampa posted:

no it could only be for overturning convictions, not for convicting people because then we'd immediately turn into ISIS

getting 100k legit, verifiable signatures on a real non-internet petition is a pretty big deal so I think you'd only be able to do it for the really exceptional cases

there was a negative version of this in ancient Greece. you could call an Ostracism vote on anyone important, and vote to kick them out of Athens. i think that would be a workable system for America, there are a few people i wouldn't mind having an Ostracism vote for

• Locked thread