Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The whole Kihzr Khan thing was handled so poorly, imo. When that interviewer guy brought it up Trump could have answered with "You know there's a price on my head, right?" and that would have been enough. The guy has picked fights with Mexican narcotraffickers, corrupt governments, Islamic terrorits, and besides all that he has crazy retards trying to assassinate him because they think he is Adolf Hitler v2. That's not nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
If we get 100k signatures can we rename the Washington Monument to Granny Squirts?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Germstore posted:

No, I'm pretty sure it's someone trying to make something merely bad come off as genocidal, so kind of a bad way to try to start a conversation.

So he only advocated for torture generally, and separately advocated for killing noncombatants; until he specifically calls for the torture of noncombatants he hasn't said anything genocidal, and therefore no worse than our current foreign policy?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Captain Redbeard posted:

So he only advocated for torture generally, and separately advocated for killing noncombatants; until he specifically calls for the torture of noncombatants he hasn't said anything genocidal, and therefore no worse than our current foreign policy?

Genocide means a very specific thing. Also he changed his mind on the bombing of terrorists families so- hmm.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how outraged everyone got over that (rightfully) yet like

we do that already that's what we loving do lol you think if there's a target in a house but his family is present the operators are gonna go 'aw shucks better wait for him to stick his head out' like they are elmer fudd?

obv don't target their families purposefully but he backed down on that and it wouldn't have happened anyway bc it violates all kinds of international treaties and poo poo

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The answer to all future queries is he isn't Hillary.
The answer to all past queries is he wasn't Cruz.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shaocaholica posted:

No but it shows you have poor taste.

Eh... really? so if my friend in high school did some dumbass poo poo 10-15 years later and goes to prison, that reflects poorly on me? gently caress that dude.

gently caress da Mods posted:

i think every HRC scandal can be summed up by this^^^

"shes innoncent! it's just the ppl she surrounds herself with!"

Dunno I feel like I've been pretty quick to call foul on her when I feel it is warranted, including calling her husband a probably pedo enabler at best and at worst child rapist.

Just feels dumb to gang up on one team or another.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Uncle Wemus posted:

Like trump would willingly leave the spotlight

lol no poo poo, "WHAT IF TRUMP DROPS OUT?!?!" is just pure RNC wish fulfillment

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
jesus christ moridan is the loving worst

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Germstore posted:

Genocide means a very specific thing. Also he changed his mind on the bombing of terrorists families so- hmm.

What are you talking about? Are you just incapable of following a train of thought? I'm going to try to walk you through this; but I won't be surprised if this is too much for you to read.

Here's the post that started this little chain:

FrankieGoes posted:

He does have plans: torture and murdering women and children and then stealing their oil.

Here you imply he didn't say those things:

Germstore posted:

If you idiots could actually talk about the bad thing he says such as, "bombing the family of terrorists" instead of clumsily misrepresenting them as worse things maybe you'd get somewhere.

I thought you were somehow saying that bombing the families of terrorists wouldn't involve murdering women and children, but then you clarified:

Germstore posted:

I mean if you're going to extend killing the family of terrorists to torturing and killing muslim women and children then you may as well just say that trump said he would torture, rape and murder women and children.

I thought it was really weird that your problem with it was actually that he left out a comma, possible implying that the torture would be done to the noncombatants who would be killed, rather than having a problem with either torture or the killing of noncombatants separately, so i thought to clarify as well:

Captain Redbeard posted:

I think "torture," "murder women and children," and "steal their oil" were seperate plans in that post, and all things Donald Trump has promised to do if he becomes president. "Killing the family of terrorists" would involve killing women and children, and it's unfortunate that you are ok with that but it's weird to pretend that terrorists somehow have terrorist families that consist entirely of adult, male terrorists.

So you decide that since no one has mentioned genocide, it can't be that bad:

Germstore posted:

No, I'm pretty sure it's someone trying to make something merely bad come off as genocidal, so kind of a bad way to try to start a conversation.
Also why do we need to start a conversation about how egregiously we should violate the Geneva convention? The proper extant of this conversation is "No."

So my next post was intended to point out what a strange line that is to draw, and you try to argue with me about the definition of genocide, which has nothing to do with anything I was talking about.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Ork of Fiction posted:

The whole Kihzr Khan thing was handled so poorly, imo. When that interviewer guy brought it up Trump could have answered with "You know there's a price on my head, right?" and that would have been enough. The guy has picked fights with Mexican narcotraffickers, corrupt governments, Islamic terrorits, and besides all that he has crazy retards trying to assassinate him because they think he is Adolf Hitler v2. That's not nothing.

He's re-popularized hate mongering and racism to social acceptability in circles that used to at least pretend to have a sense of shame about it.

It's arguable some may feel compelled to harm him out of a sense of self-preservation more so than crazy retardation.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

City of Tampa posted:

we'll make it so we can veto supreme court decisions OVERTURN THE CONSTITUTION with a petition with 100k signatures

What could possibly go wrong?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Germstore posted:

Nope, he had it right, but feel free to continue on with your straw man assaulting.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

FrankieGoes posted:

Nope, he had it right, but feel free to continue on with your straw man assaulting.

Actually, there has been way more than enough effortposting already, I think.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

loving lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
too many words to just say

"hi im a copnservative that is meltign down bc conald trump put a .32 to my head and forced me to vote for Killary :qq:"

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

too many words to just say

"hi im a copnservative that is meltign down bc conald trump put a .32 to my head and forced me to vote for Killary :qq:"

Um, okay. :stare:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

its ur version of

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Actually, there has been way more than enough effortposting already, I think.

but more condescending and inflammatory, hope this helps

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

but more condescending and inflammatory, hope this helps

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

ya whatevs~ :c00lbert:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Can't decide whether this is worth a separate thread or not, but

Trump might drop out.

http://usuncut.com/politics/republicans-exploring-trump-drop-out/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senior-gop-officials-exploring-options-trump-drops/story?id=41089609

... or at least, the Republican party is exploring option for if he does drop out.

I'm doubtful it would come to this, but it does have me curious. Has any American political party ever had to replace their candidate after having their convention?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Macrame_God posted:

I'm doubtful it would come to this, but it does have me curious. Has any American political party ever had to replace their candidate after having their convention?

They have not but even moreso doing that would effectively call the race for Hillary. No way is there any chance that the Trump true believers turn out to vote R after the establishment says "sorry but your primary choice was Wrong, vote for our guy who we came up with after a backroom deal!" I would die laughing if they did though so I hope they try it anyway.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Captain Redbeard posted:

What are you talking about? Are you just incapable of following a train of thought? I'm going to try to walk you through this; but I won't be surprised if this is too much for you to read.

Here's the post that started this little chain:

Here you imply he didn't say those things:

I thought you were somehow saying that bombing the families of terrorists wouldn't involve murdering women and children, but then you clarified:

I thought it was really weird that your problem with it was actually that he left out a comma, possible implying that the torture would be done to the noncombatants who would be killed, rather than having a problem with either torture or the killing of noncombatants separately, so i thought to clarify as well:

So you decide that since no one has mentioned genocide, it can't be that bad:

Also why do we need to start a conversation about how egregiously we should violate the Geneva convention? The proper extant of this conversation is "No."

So my next post was intended to point out what a strange line that is to draw, and you try to argue with me about the definition of genocide, which has nothing to do with anything I was talking about.

lol, sorry you're so bad at communicating I guess.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
r.i.p, comedy option (trump)
You kept up my glimmer of hope that I could drink tears and laugh for days in november - until your gently caress ups this week.

still lol @ hillary not smoking it in with the entire internet and press on her side.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

This week of fuckups are what sinks him? He's had bad weeks before and he always bounces back. It's a long campaign yet, more terrorist attacks will happen and there's always the next batch of emails. Everyone thought it was over in June as well. This race is too crazy to predict anything.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

This week of fuckups are what sinks him? He's had bad weeks before and he always bounces back. It's a long campaign yet, more terrorist attacks will happen and there's always the next batch of emails. Everyone thought it was over in June as well. This race is too crazy to predict anything.

One muslim man cannot sink the Trump.

People will forget this poo poo within a week or two and the Trump train will rise again.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Forget that poo poo, some dude beat a flamingo to death.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

Forget that poo poo, some dude beat a flamingo to death.

wait what? got a youtube link?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I don't have a youtube link, but-
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/us/flamingo-attacked-busch-gardens/index.html

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Are we sure this isn't a cultural misunderstanding? Lets wait for all the facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Borrring. If there's no video.

E:

Lol if that guy isnt out on bail with like a 1500 fine already.

• Locked thread