Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

FWIW I'm voting for Clinton. Lady is actually the most qualified candidate since a long loving time ago. Sure she has faults, shady poo poo, and may even be directly or indirectly responsible for a few deaths, but that's every politician. If Trump had ever held any form of political office, you know the scandals following him would be 20 times worse.

The biggest knock against Trump has nothing to do with his politics (because he is a secret democrat), but everything to do with establishing the precedent of allowing him to win. Being a desperate blowhard shouldn't be a prerequisite to the presidency, and it's hard to imagine a scenario where candidates in 2020 don't try to follow in his footsteps. I don't want to see Mark Cuban or some other dickhead getting any ideas.

At least he isn't Ted Cruz lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

whoflungpoop posted:

only bitter nerds and dim white trash vote trump

Yeah that shirtless white trash dude screaming trump and yelling about people making him burritos is everyone who supports him to a t

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
As bad as Trump is, the only other viable alternative that the Republicans were willing to support is Ted fin Cruz. Just think about that. Think about how broken you have to be to believe Ted Cruz should have any influence on your life.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also, the fact that Donald Trump won't release his tax returns is actually way worse than any Clinton speech transcript, and the fact that people seem mostly nonplussed by it is head scratching. He is basically tacitly admitting to a bunch of tax fraud and cheating. Also he will have to testify next year for stealing a bunch of money from stupid people in a separate incident lol.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i'm following all of this mainly for brexit escapism, so you guys can reclaim the "western world's dumbest voters" title back from us brits.

don't let me down America!

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Dogmeat posted:

keep going

Suddenly the door opens and a beautiful young woman steps through. "It's nothing I haven't seen before" she says as she throws you a towel. "My name is Hillary, you probably have a few questions." She's staring at your naked body and shows no sign of looking away. "Uh do we know each other?" you murmur. "I'm your wife" she says before adding "well technically you're my husband, one of them anyway. Look things are slightly different in this reality than the one you remember, but just sit back and relax and we're going to jog your memory"

Suddenly the side door opens and two young men enter wearing full military uniform. "My name's Bill" says the one with the cigar, "and I'm Donald" says the man with striking blond hair. Suddenly all three interlopers begin to undress, and while it should feel weird, it doesn't. You have the feeling you have been here before and now you're home. Hands spread out all over your jello-covered torso and standing in front of you is Hillary, she pushes your head down and yells "suck my dick you fuckman" and you wake up again on a new ship, only this time you're covered in jam.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I personally could never sleep after casting a vote for the Butcher of Benghazi... the killer of Kiev.... The dumbassbitch of Damascus

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

How do the greens and libertarians justify to themselves casting a vote that somehow matters even less than a standard Rep/Dem vote?

if you vote for a Green you are showing the Democrats that they could have had your vote if they got their poo poo together

also if Clinton loses by less than the amount of votes that go to Jill Stein the intense butthurt rage from Clinton supporters will be so worth whatever poo poo Trump can accomplish in four years

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Your country is so loving broken you couldn't even elect a black dude from Hawaii that spent his youth smoking weed with the choom gang and not have him continue the tradition of murdering tons of people and sacrificing anything he had to in order to protect the wealthy.

Vote Trump, at least it'll be funny.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Also, the fact that Donald Trump won't release his tax returns is actually way worse than any Clinton speech transcript, and the fact that people seem mostly nonplussed by it is head scratching. He is basically tacitly admitting to a bunch of tax fraud and cheating. Also he will have to testify next year for stealing a bunch of money from stupid people in a separate incident lol.

all rich people cheat on their taxes, I think Trump has straight-up said that he pays as little as he can get away with because why shouldn't he?

and actually the paid speeches are loving insane and far beyond anything that we have allowed from major party candidate for President before.

Hillary Clinton has been paid tens of millions of dollars, personally (not campaign contributions), from some of the worst people on earth. If you don't think that money has strings attached to it then I have a bridge to sell to you. Wall Street, big pharma, weapons manufacturers, foreign governments all have pre-purchased specific policy and appointments from the future Clinton administration. This should scare the gently caress out of all of us.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Lady is actually the most qualified candidate since a long loving time ago.

I would really love to hear something that follows this sentence that literally isn't "I mean, I know she's corrupt as gently caress..." You know, maybe something that actually justifies calling her this, cuz I got nothing.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

EvilJoven posted:

Your country is so loving broken you couldn't even elect a black dude from Hawaii that spent his youth smoking weed with the choom gang and not have him continue the tradition of murdering tons of people and sacrificing anything he had to in order to protect the wealthy.

He's Kenyan, he had the bloodlust all along.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

The Republican Party is increasingly a party of racist bedshitters and Trump is basically a poo poo golem powered by white pride.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I still think a speaker at a convention calling for a former first lady to be shot is the high/low point so far. Dude earned himself an investigation for that stupidity.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

City of Tampa posted:

Hillary Clinton has been paid tens of millions of dollars, personally (not campaign contributions), from some of the worst people on earth. If you don't think that money has strings attached to it then I have a bridge to sell to you. Wall Street, big pharma, weapons manufacturers, foreign governments all have pre-purchased specific policy and appointments from the future Clinton administration. This should scare the gently caress out of all of us.

To the point about Trump's taxes, yeah I know that all rich people are tax cheats. For me, the difference is that cheating on your taxes is specifically illegal, and Trump is on eggshells if he is forced to release that info. For all the humming and hawing about how illegal it was for Clinton to use a personal email, Trump is hiding legitimate felonies, traceable through documents and hard numbers. For every illegal thing Hillary is pegged as being guilty of by the right (speaking arrangements/Benghazi/emails), none of those have been brought to trial, impartial parties have said that there aren't cases in those claims. Trump is obviously hiding a legitimate case in the returns, otherwise he would just release them like every other candidate has.

Maybe it's all a big conspiracy to protect Hillary. It's possible, I suppose. But given the huge number of people who hate her, I choose to believe that if there was a big coverup, someone would risk becoming the target of secret Clinton assassins to expose it. I'm sure there's a 28 year old out there somewhere who would love to become a right wing hero by taking down the Clinton dynasty.

In terms of the transcripts, lobbyists and big interests already control the country. Why would the gun lobby have to pay Hillary extra money when they already do what they want with zero regulations. Same for the banks. We live in a country where corporations are given the rights of people, so I fail to see how these interests would somehow become markedly stronger than they already are. The lobbyists are doing a fine job on their own.

Dogmeat posted:

I would really love to hear something that follows this sentence that literally isn't "I mean, I know she's corrupt as gently caress..." You know, maybe something that actually justifies calling her this, cuz I got nothing.

It's almost like spending any time in the American political system makes you dirty because it's broken as gently caress. Again, the only reason that Trump is "clean" is because he is an actual outsider.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

In addition to thoroughly wrecking Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush, this political cycle has allowed us to watch the systematic dismemberment and emasculation of Chris Christie, which has been pretty loving great.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

It's almost like spending any time in the American political system makes you dirty because it's broken as gently caress. Again, the only reason that Trump is "clean" is because he is an actual outsider.

I'm not talking about being dirty or anything, I'm literally asking what her actual accomplishments are after her years and years and years collecting other people's money politicking. Like, actual legislation that wouldn't have been drafted/passed without her. I'm not trying to be (especially) facetious but for reals the only thing I've heard other people come up with was "maybe something for kids a long time ago? idk."

Also I'm pretty sure her opponent in the Dem primary never had to talk back how the only time he answered a yes or no question was when he answered "no, new york is not ready for gay marriage"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

EvilJoven posted:

What stupid broken country are you from

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Blistex posted:

Clinton looks like a marionette in that video. :catstare:

Her jowly face, the robotic manner in which she talks, her awkward swaying, and her haphazard pointing. She looks like a loving marionette!

not her fault; the smile circuitry is misfiring

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
This cycle has already brought us some YouTube gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfgQ6Dcib5k

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

In terms of the transcripts, lobbyists and big interests already control the country. Why would the gun lobby have to pay Hillary extra money when they already do what they want with zero regulations. Same for the banks. We live in a country where corporations are given the rights of people, so I fail to see how these interests would somehow become markedly stronger than they already are. The lobbyists are doing a fine job on their own.

yes, this is a question should should definitely be asking because any of the likely answers are incredibly terrifying.

why would the banking industry pay Clinton millions when it already seems like they get a whole lot of consideration anyway? Why would the for-profit prison industry? why would weapons manufacturers?

what extra stuff are they trying to get, that Clinton wouldn't have just given them anyway? because there is definitely something there.

When people like Charles Koch and Lloyd Blankfein tell you that they would be OK with a Clinton presidency you should ask yourself how many political goals you share with those guys. Hank Paulson straight-up said that he is voting for Clinton because she would cut Social Security and Medicare and Trump would not. These are all people that are better connected and better informed than any of us, and they are telling you exactly what a Clinton administration would be like.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

What stupid broken country are you from

Canada

At least the neo liberal corporatist shithead we elected is all dreamy and takes selfies and poo poo.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I appreciate your honesty. hail satan

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I think Trump is a secret Democrat and Hillary is a secret Republican and they're both playing the same con.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

City of Tampa posted:

yes, this is a question should should definitely be asking because any of the likely answers are incredibly terrifying.

why would the banking industry pay Clinton millions when it already seems like they get a whole lot of consideration anyway? Why would the for-profit prison industry? why would weapons manufacturers?

what extra stuff are they trying to get, that Clinton wouldn't have just given them anyway? because there is definitely something there.

When people like Charles Koch and Lloyd Blankfein tell you that they would be OK with a Clinton presidency you should ask yourself how many political goals you share with those guys. Hank Paulson straight-up said that he is voting for Clinton because she would cut Social Security and Medicare and Trump would not. These are all people that are better connected and better informed than any of us, and they are telling you exactly what a Clinton administration would be like.

Of course all these guys are supporting Clinton. They may be malignant tumors growing out of humanity's rear end in a top hat, but they aren't idiots. A Trump presidency would be an economic and diplomatic clusterfuck that would throw the economy into chaos, and as literal embodiments of the economy, the wealthy elite don't want that happening.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I think Trump is a secret Democrat and Hillary is a secret Republican and they're both playing the same con.

Wouldn't be surprised at all

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk & Ugly posted:

i think we should all just kill ourselves

Please do not do this hastily - an image, or parable, came to me recently and I hope to share it with you. I could be wrong but I believe it is of the Next Level:

Imagine a enormous highway that is just an infinite straight course. On one horizon there is radiant light, on the other is absolutely darkness. When you are in your car (incarnate in your flesh body aka vehicle) you can go either toward the light or away from it at great speed. Without a car (becoming discarnate, physiological death) you aren't as constrained by the highway but whatever direction you go you aren't getting there anytime soon without hitchhiking or carjacking. If you want to actually become one with the light a UFO has to pick you up.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Spoondick posted:

Of course all these guys are supporting Clinton. They may be malignant tumors growing out of humanity's rear end in a top hat, but they aren't idiots. A Trump presidency would be an economic and diplomatic clusterfuck that would throw the economy into chaos, and as literal embodiments of the economy, the wealthy elite don't want that happening.

but if you are one of the people that was left out of Obama's heavily 1%-biased economic "recovery" you never really gained any ground since the 2008 economic collapse because of how much emphasis that was put on preserving and protecting the economic elite at the expense of everyone else. That's the status quo that Clinton is promising to continue in the best-case scenario.

although I agree that you're right, these conservative elites that support Clinton are the literal embodiment of the economy, an economy that hasn't served the needs of anyone but them for years. Maybe policy that scares those people is the exact policy that the 99% needs right now.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I can't support trump because i don't want to be genocided. im half black but i could pass for egyptian or something and these guys arent really about making fine distinctions.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

also im the embodiment of the pollution of the white race so if hes elected i will die for sure

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

remember when america became the laughing stock of the world for electing retard george bush? I cant wait for your dumb gay country to elect an even funnier clown

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Nooner posted:

lol I hate clinton for making me vote for trump OP

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

City of Tampa posted:

but if you are one of the people that was left out of Obama's heavily 1%-biased economic "recovery" you never really gained any ground since the 2008 economic collapse because of how much emphasis that was put on preserving and protecting the economic elite at the expense of everyone else. That's the status quo that Clinton is promising to continue in the best-case scenario.

although I agree that you're right, these conservative elites that support Clinton are the literal embodiment of the economy, an economy that hasn't served the needs of anyone but them for years. Maybe policy that scares those people is the exact policy that the 99% needs right now.

This election isn't happening on a left / right political identity axis like our ideologies have trained us is should. The election is happening on a moron / non-moron axis because one of the candidates is Doonald J. Trump.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Spoondick posted:

This election isn't happening on a left / right political identity axis like our ideologies have trained us is should. The election is happening on a moron / non-moron axis because one of the candidates is Doonald J. Trump.

voting for incompetent evil instead of very competent evil is actually a smart move

even if Trump's policy is the worst he won't get cooperation from Dems in Congress. he'd be like the reverse of Obama

but imagine the common ground that Hillary could find with Republicans

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You know what? I've thought this very thing from time to time.

Trump's "positions" aren't that far from my own, to be frank--but his rhetoric is alarming, and I don't like his face, gestures, or tiny maiden hands. Trump followers are also crazy as poo poo, from what I've seen, and there is a large layer of racism that floats over all of it.

There have been times in the past when similar politicians appeal to fear, hatred, anger, and bloodlust to win elections. In some instances, those politicians became dictatorial/fascist and loosed horrors upon populations. I'm not saying Trump is Hitler, but parallels can be drawn in the campaign styles.

LOVE,
VITALIS

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
19 of the speeches at the RNC so far mention Clinton by name, while only 7 mentioned their own partys nominee Trump, and most of those were by his own family

"but clinton" is the mating call of the 21st century's closet case

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You could always write in 'Yang Wenli' or 'Reinhardt Von Loehengramm'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9M-v2V6eIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmlRP-QFTXc

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

City of Tampa posted:

if you vote for a Green you are showing the Democrats that they could have had your vote if they got their poo poo together

also if Clinton loses by less than the amount of votes that go to Jill Stein the intense butthurt rage from Clinton supporters will be so worth whatever poo poo Trump can accomplish in four years

agreedo

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

mdm posted:

lol youre old enough to have voted in 1996

I voted against Reagan .... both times...

:corsair:

City of Tampa posted:

but imagine the common ground that Hillary could find with Republicans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bedevere posted:

I voted against Reagan .... both times...

:corsair:

I send you my love and positive thoughts.

• Locked thread