Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
2016 islam: still bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

various cheeses posted:

Develop into a spirit irl

:laffo:

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

various cheeses posted:

Develop into a spirit irl
:holymoley:

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Terrorists Win

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-28-counter-strike-go-event-pulled-from-german-tv-after-munich-attack

I am so angry I am shaking.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

In a sign of solidarity with the victims of the attack in Munich, a popular and unrelated game will no longer be broadcast on the basis that an older member of the incredibly popular series was found on the shooter's computer.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mithaldu posted:

Man, Underhill needs to chill, but the shitposting is real and there's at least one other guy who got a ban, and some racist rear end in a top hat in the germany thread with a probation.

I don't think you understand shitposting.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The shitposting is real

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Lol can you imagine if a tv channel decided not to show a program about Muslims 'out of respect' for the victims of an Isis attack.

Video gamers need their own 'islamophobia' dog whistle word for people terrified of vidya games

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

unpacked robinhood posted:

The shitposting is real
Thank you.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
People yelling halah ackbar near the shooting scene is fine though

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Hallelujah Ackbar?

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
german media: noobs who rush b every round ?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mithaldu posted:

Man, Underhill needs to chill, but the shitposting is real and there's at least one other guy who got a ban, and some racist rear end in a top hat in the germany thread with a probation.

Was it this guy that got probated in DnD for wrongspeak?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439500&pagenumber=220&perpage=40#post462379037

Riso posted:

Already can see the responses:

Das hat nichts mit dem Islam zu tun.

Ein tragischer Einzelfall.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

"This has nothing to do with Islam.

A tragic individual case."

Apologies if not, but DnD is loving hilarious regardless. Please link me to the guy you are talking about in the Germany thread.

e: And yes, Tramadol Junkie is a known retard that has multiple bans for multiple racist remarks.

spud fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 28, 2016

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

stealing this

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
I don't do DND.

quote:

: And yes, Tramadol Junkie is a known retard that has multiple bans for multiple racist remarks.

It's just getting harder and harder to distinguish between ironic shitposting and passive agressive racism. Unless there really is no distinction at all. Who's in the house? Poe's in the house.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Underhill posted:

I don't do DND.

It's just getting harder and harder to distinguish between ironic shitposting and passive agressive racism. Unless there really is no distinction at all. Who's in the house? Poe's in the house.

I think it might just be getting harder for you to distinguish crying RACIST! from an actual argument.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Mr Underhill posted:

A top tip is to ignore the posts that only exist in your head

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr Underhill posted:

I don't do DND.

I wasn't even replying to you, yet you quoted me anyway as if I was....odd .... but yes....yes it is.... if you are a mental.

spud fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 28, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Yeah, Riso. And it wasn't about wrongspeak, but about the fact that that was literally the first thing he posted, as soon as the munich thing hit the news, and no he wasn't trying to be funny, he continued in that vein, even after the video with the shooter's conversation was posted. He's just hosed up.

Didn't even realize the germany thread was in DnD tho, thought it was in GBS.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mithaldu posted:

Yeah, Riso. And it wasn't about wrongspeak, but about the fact that that was literally the first thing he posted, as soon as the munich thing hit the news, and no he wasn't trying to be funny, he continued in that vein, even after the video with the shooter's conversation was posted. He's just hosed up.

... the conversation where the guy called him a foreigner using a racist slur, while the shooter insisted he was actually German? I don't know why people came to the conclusion that the shooter was a white guy, based on that and the snapshot. He obviously didn't LOOK white. A pair of firmly crossed fingers isn't a substitute for actual evidence.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Article with video of the location of the end, and some eye witness accounts. Also claims that a 17 year old friend stating that the munich shooter became a nazi because other immigrants hosed with him constantly. Don't know if that part is in the video. Apparently the dude had 33 round magazines.

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/muenchen-david-sonboly-handelte-womoeglich-aus-fremdenhass-a-1105007.html

Don't have the time to translate it.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Idiotic bullshit. I wouldn't dare to claim i understand all the subtleties of a french conversation just from a transcript, but apparently fucks like you can understand germans better from text than actual germans. Please also yell at me that the things they are saying are not rational.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mithaldu posted:

Article with video of the location of the end, and some eye witness accounts. Also claims that a 17 year old friend stating that the munich shooter became a nazi because other immigrants hosed with him constantly. Don't know if that part is in the video. Apparently the dude had 33 round magazines.

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/muenchen-david-sonboly-handelte-womoeglich-aus-fremdenhass-a-1105007.html

Don't have the time to translate it.

So it looks like it has everything to do with Islam, right? The guy abandoned his cultural identity and sought refuge in an extremely violent ideology in an attempt to protect himself from Islamic sectarianism and regain some sense of dignity and pride. Acting like Islam had nothing to do with this while insisting that America's at fault for priests getting beheaded or whatever seems pretty loving insane, to me.

Mithaldu posted:

Idiotic bullshit. I wouldn't dare to claim i understand all the subtleties of a french conversation just from a transcript, but apparently fucks like you can understand germans better from text than actual germans. Please also yell at me that the things they are saying are not rational.

It's interesting that you think my post was idiotic bullshit but couldn't tell me how I was actually wrong. What a loving joke.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Weren't Germans acting like they couldn't understand the indecipherable language of German poors

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Mithaldu posted:

"unlike the rest of you, I actually live in Germany therefore I am speaking on behalf of all Germans"

seriously dude, take a break

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mithaldu posted:

That wasn't the first thing he posted. I checked that thread.
He posted many many times in there.
Some of (well a lot of) it was pretty lovely if you are a German, but don't make up things.
Just because someone doesn't agree with you, you can't just shut them down in any modern society due to free speech.

e: Well I guess you can if you want, it's called murder or terrorism.

spud fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 28, 2016

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nerses IV posted:

So it looks like it has everything to do with Islam, right? The guy abandoned his cultural identity and sought refuge in an extremely violent ideology in an attempt to protect himself from Islamic sectarianism and regain some sense of dignity and pride.

drat, Islam must be playing the long game here. Bully somebody so hard that they simply have no choice but to become nazis and spend a year planning the murder of primarily Muslim children. What will Islam think of next?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SplitSoul posted:

drat, Islam must be playing the long game here. Bully somebody so hard that they simply have no choice but to become nazis and spend a year planning the murder of primarily Muslim children. What will Islam think of next?

I don't like this because you said nazi.

Where are the mods?

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

Uh, aren't Muslims slaughtering eachother en masse based on something that happened 1400 years ago? Was this a trick question?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Don't look now, but Riso - in addition to having lovely actual opinions - also likes to troll the gently caress out of the Germany thread.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Don't look now, but Riso - in addition to having lovely actual opinions - also likes to troll the gently caress out of the Germany thread.

Is Mithaldu doing the same here? We just don't know.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

spud posted:

Is Mithaldu doing the same here? We just don't know.

I've only popped into this thread a couple of times, but Mithaldu seems like a chill dude that just occasionally gets a little too fervent over the real world going down the shitter while posting.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've only popped into this thread a couple of times, but Mithaldu seems like a chill dude that just occasionally gets a little too fervent over the real world going down the shitter while posting.

Does he feel bad about being german ? This is important

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

Does he feel bad about being german ? This is important

I certainly hope so, his apparent beliefs in the importance of being a 100% Actual True German have led to some pretty dark places historically.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can you defend me within 5mins too?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nerses IV posted:

Uh, aren't Muslims slaughtering eachother en masse based on something that happened 1400 years ago? Was this a trick question?

What does that have to do with an irreligious kid getting bullied for having a weird voice and being a general spazz, then going whole hog nazi and shooting people?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SplitSoul posted:

What does that have to do with an irreligious kid getting bullied for having a weird voice and being a general spazz, then going whole hog nazi and shooting people?

This is me apart from the bit after the comma.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

SplitSoul posted:

He inherited Muhammad's moral precepts through race-intuition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

You're right, I can't imagine Sunni-Shia tensions would have anything to do with Turkish muslims bullying an Iranian.

Do we know why he was being bullied, now? Interesting. Where'd you read that? I was under the impression that his rumored conversion (weird thing to do for an irreligious guy, but y'know) took place as a reaction to the bullying-- not that I think Muslim students would treat an honest-to-God apostate any more kindly.

• Locked thread