Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
There's a place around here that sells "Chicago dogs" but they are fraudulent. Like just a few toppings. I want my Chicago dog like those new trendy bloody Mary's where they put everything in the kitchen on them and it all pours out onto the plate floor when I take a bite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are you not supposed to peel hot dogs or whatever? I see people eating them whole or whatever. Why don't I just eat an orange or a pineapple whole? :shrug:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Are you not supposed to peel hot dogs or whatever? I see people eating them whole or whatever. Why don't I just eat an orange or a pineapple whole? :shrug:

They make hot dog peeling machines but they are very expensive and take a lot of space to install. Plus the costs to run and maintenance are out of reach for most hot dog eaters. So they just deal with it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

They make hot dog peeling machines but they are very expensive and take a lot of space to install. Plus the costs to run and maintenance are out of reach for most hot dog eaters. So they just deal with it.

Jeez I just peel them by hand. I still have my umbilical cord though so..

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

We've been down this road before.

Tread carefully goons.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Jeez I just peel them by hand. I still have my umbilical cord though so..

Who's got time for that in this modern day hustle and bustle? You should harvest your cord for stem cells for future use. Keep them in the freezer for whenever you get sick. Just an idea. It's your cord and I'm not the boss of you.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

Who's got time for that in this modern day hustle and bustle? You should harvest your cord for stem cells for future use. Keep them in the freezer for whenever you get sick. Just an idea. It's your cord and I'm not the boss of you.

I don't have a whole extra room for a hot dog peeler. You're talking this rediculous industrial machine spinning at 90,000 rpm and throwing off sparks and going "wrrrrrr wrrrrrr weeeeee ssssshhhhhhhiiiiyyyaaa wwwweeeiiiir" all drat day. I mean I might just have a burg. :burger:

*cuts umbilical cord*

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

I don't have a whole extra room for a hot dog peeler. You're talking this rediculous industrial machine spinning at 90,000 rpm and throwing off sparks and going "wrrrrrr wrrrrrr weeeeee ssssshhhhhhhiiiiyyyaaa wwwweeeiiiir" all drat day. I mean I might just have a burg. :burger:

*cuts umbilical cord*

If you have a two car garage you may be able to fit a small one in there. But the techs to run it 24/7 are not cheap and it's kind of a dying skillset since millennials want nothing to do -with blue collar work and the union's, quite honestly, have priced themselves out of jobs. Another proud American tradition going the NAFTA route. :(

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Today is literally Hot Dog Day, why the gently caress was the thread unstickied :mad:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

bradzilla posted:

Today is literally Hot Dog Day, why the gently caress was the thread unstickied :mad:

Thank you! Mods?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
You can change name to hot dog day thread if you're feeling it like me

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

If you have a two car garage you may be able to fit a small one in there. But the techs to run it 24/7 are not cheap and it's kind of a dying skillset since millennials want nothing to do -with blue collar work and the union's, quite honestly, have priced themselves out of jobs. Another proud American tradition going the NAFTA route. :(

Ha jokes on them, I'm outsourcing to Finland. Peeled Finnish hotdogs, mmmmmmmmmmmmm. :staredog:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Ha jokes on them, I'm outsourcing to Finland. Peeled Finnish hotdogs, mmmmmmmmmmmmm. :staredog:

:yikes:

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Thread needs more hotdogs.

edit: Can someone make that guys head my avatar? i've always wanted one =)

OlmanRiver fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 23, 2016

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
"You talking about the queen again Bob? On NATIONAL HOT DOG DAY!"

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

OlmanRiver posted:

Thread needs more hotdogs.

edit: Can someone make that guys head my avatar? i've always wanted one =)

Would be a good av indeed

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

darth_pizza posted:

that glorious dog i posted earlier is from Steve's Hot Dogs On The Hill in St. Louis.

i forget who asked, but now you knooooooooow

Another stl goon /salute

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

psychokitty posted:

Another stl goon /salute

We're gonna round y'all up and hang y'all by the necks from your dumb giant mcdonald arch

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Hector Beerlioz posted:

We're gonna round y'all up and hang y'all by the necks from your dumb giant mcdonald arch

Hec this is NHDD. Can we just all unite for 24 hrs?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm gonna eat a cheeseburger

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'm gonna eat a cheeseburger

As long as you pretend it's a delicious weeny I'm good with that.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You're just jealous

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

psychokitty posted:

You're just jealous

I've lived in Missouri for 8 years. I can state unequivocally that no one and I mean absolutely no one is jealous of St Louis or its cuisine. Your city is a culinary wasteland.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

spregalia posted:

I've lived in Missouri for 8 years. I can state unequivocally that no one and I mean absolutely no one is jealous of St Louis or its cuisine. Your city is a culinary wasteland.

i have never been there but I agree with spregalia

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

spregalia posted:

Patently untrue

Evidence: t-ravs and gooey butter cake

Also we have some loving amazeball restaurants bc it's cheap for beginning chefs to set up shop here and we have disposable income to support them, like Gerard Craft.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

psychokitty posted:

Patently untrue

Evidence: t-ravs and gooey butter cake

Also we have some loving amazeball restaurants bc it's cheap for beginning chefs to set up shop here and we have disposable income to support them, like Gerard Craft.

i'm gonna hit you with a st. louisville slugger

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
why isnt anyone arguing about hotdogs being sandwiches, this is an outrage

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
My perfect hot dog would be grilled, natural casing, with yellow mustard, onions, and an ice cold pilsner. I'm a simple man.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
Go hot dog wild!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

this disturbs me

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
it makes me horny, wanna pour condiments all over myself

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Hector Beerlioz posted:

i'm gonna hit you with a st. louisville slugger

GL WITH THAT

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Tardcore posted:

this disturbs me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In northern NJ they deep fry the hotdogs and they look like this and it tastes like nothing but oil. then they put a bland thin brown chili sauce and onion on top an call it a texas weiner or ripper.

in Chicago they put a whole salad on their hotdog but its actually good so you don't mind the lovely frenches mustard and nuclear green relish.

hotdogs are pretty great.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

In northern NJ they deep fry the hotdogs and they look like this and it tastes like nothing but oil. then they put a bland thin brown chili sauce and onion on top an call it a texas weiner or ripper.

in Chicago they put a whole salad on their hotdog but its actually good so you don't mind the lovely frenches mustard and nuclear green relish.

hotdogs are pretty great.

This is what my dilz looks like

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

why does the hot dog get a face but not the cup?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Linux Pirate posted:

why does the hot dog get a face but not the cup?

cup's aren't people

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

wheres meatwad he's the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.