Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:siren::siren::siren:WOW THAT WAS A REALLY GREAT AD FOR PLAYER DOT ME I AM SO GLAD THAT THE ENTIRE APARTMENT BUILDING GOT TO HEAR IT AT ALMOST ONE IN THE MORNING GREAT JOB THANKS ESA:siren::siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

mangler103 posted:

This Batman run is in desperate need of a commentator.

that was a really great race, too bad the stream was caught in some wormhole where first the left two screens were duplicate and then they switched places at least three times

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

CrashCat posted:

:siren::siren::siren:WOW THAT WAS A REALLY GREAT AD FOR PLAYER DOT ME I AM SO GLAD THAT THE ENTIRE APARTMENT BUILDING GOT TO HEAR IT AT ALMOST ONE IN THE MORNING GREAT JOB THANKS ESA:siren::siren::siren:

USE MY INTERNET WEBSITE NOOOAOOAOAOOOAOOW

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Thief is a good game. Too bad I can't see it and even if it was bright enough to be visible it would be too tiny. Better shut it off now anyway before they play another advert and get me evicted

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I haven't really been able to watch due to work except for like a half-hour intermission at the very start, but it's nice to hear that Rio Speedster Assembly is going well.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

CrashCat posted:

Thief is a good game. Too bad I can't see it and even if it was bright enough to be visible it would be too tiny. Better shut it off now anyway before they play another advert and get me evicted
Use player dot me and find a new roommate that will accept and understand random outbursts of ads.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Cool Matty posted:

We did this at SGDQ2014 actually, and it was critically important to making that event go smoother. It doesn't need to be a few hours of downtime if you plan your steps prior. But honestly from what I've heard it's way more than just setup issues going on (lots of bad and missing hardware), which no amount of setup is going to fix. It's a rough situation, and being a weekend does not help anything.

I'm pretty sad that the tech side is ruining so much here since I was really looking forward to ESA. I don't know what you could do in a situation like this, coldly drop some runs off the schedule? If there's no guarantee the tech is gonna hold any better.

The announcers have done a great job so far holding the thing together and the runs themselves have been good, and I can only imagine what kind of bustling is going on between the scenes on the tech side.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

The announcers have done a great job so far holding the thing together and the runs themselves have been good, and I can only imagine what kind of bustling is going on between the scenes on the tech side.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This whole thing is especially weird since ESA's production values and tech have generally been (often loudly and aggressively) considered well above those of GDQ, and there was the whole PreSA event to fund and build a computer for use at the marathon with lots of discussion of funding transparency etc... what the hell happened? Did a bunch of Germans get spirited away to Minneapolis in the dead of night, never to be seen again?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This Lucky dime caper run is probably the best I've seen so far, the runners have great banter going on.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Entenzahn posted:

How the hell do you donate to this thing. Klicking on the donation banner just takes me to a mostly white page. I even went so far as to set up an account at wherever that is but nothing's changed.

Something's up here. I tried clearing my cache/cookies, reinstalling Flash, using different browsers, restarting, and now I'm on a totally unrelated office computer and the donation page still doesn't work and neither does it for my coworker on his PC. All the other streams on g4g work just fine, but the esamarathon page doesn't load the stream nor the donation interface. I've looked at the console and it throws me some arcane angular.js error that pops up on no other g4g page.

I can donate on my phone but now I'm wondering how many other people have this problem and can't/won't donate.

#esamarathon channel has no idea either.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I was just now able to do a donation via G2A pay and PayPal. The interface is pretty messy, though, with limited space on the donations and the stream itself taking a huge part of the screen.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

CrashCat posted:

It's insidious, because the announcers had their mics turned down because they were having feedback issues, so I turned my sound up, then the player.me ad comes on at full blast. My cats ran. I almost ran.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Reminder to watch Arabian Nights later. :pcgaming:

It's a horrible game with an absolutely hilarious speedrun. It's also run by Kotti who is an awesome dude.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

mangler103 posted:

It's insidious, because the announcers had their mics turned down because they were having feedback issues, so I turned my sound up, then the player.me ad comes on at full blast. My cats ran. I almost ran.
You think you know where your mute button is until some crisis like this happens

It was like a bomb went off in the room, so goddamn loud

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sup

Avskum
Jul 27, 2009

:smugfrog:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i wake up to bloodborne. i never wake up to the fun runs :|

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

HiipFire posted:

Is succinct the only goon at esa?

I found Chucat earlier.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

you picked the right time to jump in, hopefully there are a few less problems by now

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I found Chucat earlier.

Gonna be at esa tomorrow so we'll have 3 gonns then

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Today has been a lot more solid tech-wise. Some awkward/funny moments with announcers trying to fill dead air, but that should be alright with Eonwe.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Azazell0 posted:

Today has been a lot more solid tech-wise. Some awkward/funny moments with announcers trying to fill dead air, but that should be alright with Eonwe.

Yeah, I only saw one minor delay, when they were setting up the Ducktales race, which was 4 people, so that's understandable.

And the PS4 works today, so things are looking up.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I like the huge game show button that I'm assuming is for the timer.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I found Chucat earlier.

Could you tell him to resub to WoW.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Rokstar posted:

I like the huge game show button that I'm assuming is for the timer.

https://twitter.com/esamarathon/status/713039796847960069

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

also, the other ESA says never press the red button

https://twitter.com/esaoperations/status/588982006685523969

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Well I just don't know who to trust on this

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Are they going to run Environmental Station Alpha at ESA? The 100% ending literally requires you to go around typing ESA on your keyboard in various rooms so that's Very Topical.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Welp.

Let's hope it's short this time.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

did they break another PC

at this point I think they're using them as clay pigeons

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I found Chucat earlier.

We pretty much got most of the srg guys sequestered in the VIP box way above the main part of the arena, we got like 5 setups, fans and food and poo poo here, it owns. Some of the staff who are cool with us keep on coming in to hang out it since it''s the comfiest place here by far.

Yva pointed out a room on day 1 and then we just started stealing folding tables and TVs to put up here and now we're just unmoveable.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Chucat posted:

We pretty much got most of the srg guys sequestered in the VIP box way above the main part of the arena, we got like 5 setups, fans and food and poo poo here, it owns. Some of the staff who are cool with us keep on coming in to hang out it since it''s the comfiest place here by far.

Yva pointed out a room on day 1 and then we just started stealing folding tables and TVs to put up here and now we're just unmoveable.

I'll make it to ESA one day :qq:.

Also resub to WoW.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Some people are pretty iffy about coming back next year, though I'm not sure if it's because of personal reasons or because of the gas being pumped in here that's just making everyone melancholy half the time.

Also I'm playing FF14 now.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Chucat posted:

Some people are pretty iffy about coming back next year, though I'm not sure if it's because of personal reasons or because of the gas being pumped in here that's just making everyone melancholy half the time.

probably has something to do with the stream being such a clusterfuck that people's runs keep getting bumped around and poo poo

Like, I'm having fun, but that's because I'm in a hall with a bunch of idiots that I like being with who all brought their poo poo, the stream isn't really a necessary part of that equation

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Chucat posted:

Also I'm playing FF14 now.

Clearly this means you need to go to AGDQ and bring the Euros with you. I need to drink more Finlandia with Kotti.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I wish there would be more finns at xGDQ's.

The problem is though that no one else gets any booze if we're around

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

You should go to SGDQ. Minneapolis is as cold as Finland in the winter, and the city was founded by religious drinkers. Plenty of booze/pubs/breweries, just not on Sundays.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I know, and there's a lot of people whose great-something-grandparents were immigrants from Finland in Minnesota. That's where we ended up when we went to immigrate America.

If it's gonna be next summer in Minnesota as well, I'll have to take it into serious consideration. I've always wanted to go to a GDQ live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Azazell0 posted:

If it's gonna be next summer in Minnesota as well, I'll have to take it into serious consideration. I've always wanted to go to a GDQ live.

I can't make any promises but it's the most likely city at this point.

• Locked thread