Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

This poo poo needs a sequel. I've watched it, some seven or eight times. It's fun, it's action packed and it is done in a manner commiserate with the source material.

Here's what it is going to take. LGF, or for the no stock trader, Lion's gate films, needs its poo poo rearranged.

After finding out the David Cronenberg is a part of this poo poo, it really needs to be rearranged. As a director this loving cock spank hasn't done poo poo since 1991.

As a writer there isn't poo poo. Even as a producer he sucks the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat.

Do you want to see Karl Urban wreck poo poo in a futuristic hellscape?

Buy some loving stock. I really don't want to, but gently caress, if I don't want to see more one what I enjoy.

And Dredd is it.

20 years in the isocubes, numb nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
have you seen star wars

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Enfield posted:

have you seen star wars

The newest film? Yes, and I enjoyed it enough to name a daughter "Ray"

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

VendaGoat posted:

The newest film? Yes, and I enjoyed it enough to name a daughter "Ray"

aw

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
It's called the Rio Olympics, op.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dreddout posted:

It's called the Rio Olympics, op.

Sure thing, Hot Shot.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
What else is needed? Please include the WHOLE LIST.

I literally had a nightmare where a sequel to Heat was made with the original cast, and it was horrific. So I know that is one that is not needed.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

VendaGoat posted:

Sure thing, Hot Shot.

I believe the proper reply is "Your move, creep."

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dreddout posted:

I believe the proper reply is "Your move, creep."

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Theyre working on it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Spectral Debt posted:

Theyre working on it

According to the Wiki. I would be apt to invest more into a currently depressed Netflix, to continue this.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Well done

that wasn't meant to be a pun it was praise for your topical gif response but it ended up being a cooking pun help

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I agree with the op.

I appreciate it but thanks for the non-thread

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

imagine.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Imagine all the dick shots. :magical:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"Perp was....uncooperative".

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Movie rocks rear end.

Toasty
Mar 12, 2007
Dredder

Coming Fall 2017

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I can get behind this. But I want squibs or however they are spelled, not cgi blood.

e. i want robocop levels of blood pack explosions

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Ramsus posted:

I can get behind this. But I want squibs or however they are spelled, not cgi blood.

e. i want robocop levels of blood pack explosions

Same but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's gotta suck nailing an action scene and having to mop that poo poo up after every take.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
D R E 4 D

As if Hollywood would care about a misspelling

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I love this movie and would cream my pants for a sequel. I regret not seeing it in theaters.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Karl Urban does not remove the mask. Lena Headey is barely in it but is glorious when she's onscreen. Visually gorgeous, concise in scope and brutal as hell itself. I love this movie.

Does it need a sequel? well, need is a strong word, but boy would it be nice.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
In case you people have forgotten, this block operates under the same rules as the rest of the city. Ma-Ma is not the law. I am the law. Ma-Ma is a common criminal; guilty of murder, guilty of the manufacture and distribution of the narcotic known as Slo-Mo, and as of now under sentence of death. Any who obstruct me in carrying out my duty will be treated as an accessory to her crimes - you have been warned. And as for you Ma-Ma - judgement time.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

darth_pizza posted:

Karl Urban does not remove the mask.

He actually starts the movie with it off but doesn't show his face which I thought was pretty rad.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

darth_pizza posted:

Karl Urban does not remove the mask. Lena Headey is barely in it but is glorious when she's onscreen. Visually gorgeous, concise in scope and brutal as hell itself. I love this movie.

Does it need a sequel? well, need is a strong word, but boy would it be nice.

They could just do more movies like this. Doesn't have to be Dredd.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I liked when the rookie grew balls.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
A trilogy would be amazing but I could settle for a Netflix series

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The second one should be based on the League of Fatties storyline.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The Stallone version was better. Dredd was nice to look at but as a movie I didn't like it and I don't give a poo poo if it's closer to the source material or whatever.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'm actually kinda surprised Netflix hasn't jumped on this as an ip yet. I mean Karl can't be that that expensive can he?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Murphy Brownback posted:

The Stallone version was better. Dredd was nice to look at but as a movie I didn't like it and I don't give a poo poo if it's closer to the source material or whatever.

The Stallone version was just a worse Demolition Man.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I want to see Dredd fight Ronald McDonald like in the comic.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Murphy Brownback posted:

I like both. The stallone version is hella cheesy and thus fit the theme of the comic better, and every actor in that movie is chewing on scenery at all times which makes it entertaining as hell.

Dredd is just insanely watchable. Instead of being a comic-action movie it's a straight up aaa action blockbuster. However, despite what other people say, I think it lacks the crazyness to be really dredd. The cmic is not super serious like the movie. There's a lot of silly poo poo in it that the movie simply lacks. The comic is more like tank girl than dredd as it was. I really appreciate the effort that went in to making expressions under those helmets tho, without that stallone facial tick/stroke mouth thing he does.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

a hole-y ghost posted:

The second one should be based on the League of Fatties storyline.

quote:

The League of Fatties - "they were the real heavy mob" - were a short-lived fattie criminal organisation led by Dick Porker. In the aftermath of the Apocalypse War, harsh rationing was in effect and so Fatties, with the twin problems of being hate crime victims and struggling to keep their weight up, started to steal food in brazen raids. (Some even committed suicide to halt a Texas City food convoy)

Their incompetence meant they were only a minor threat but they caused so much social disorder that Chief Judge McGruder segregated everyone over 300lbs into fat blocks.

Hahaha, that's awesome.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i loved 2012 Dredd

so glad that they're working on it

Karl Urban needs more love and recognition for sure

its one of the most cyberpunk movies ive seen in a long while

and ehh okay total recall remake had some cyberpunk elements but unlike Dredd, it was garbage

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

MotherFUCKer!

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Nathilus posted:

I liked when the rookie grew balls.

I liked it when Dredd started calling her Anderson as she stepped up and acted like a real Judge. As soon as she stepped out of line and he disagreed with her reasoning, he was straight back to calling her "Rookie".

Show, don't tell, about characterization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

wyntyr posted:

I liked it when Dredd started calling her Anderson as she stepped up and acted like a real Judge. As soon as she stepped out of line and he disagreed with her reasoning, he was straight back to calling her "Rookie".

Show, don't tell, about characterization.

*takes notes for creative writing*

• Locked thread