Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«22 »
  • Post
  • Reply
PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

The entity surveys the so-called killzone. Now it's more like a warzone; the goblins are bleeding, an angry woman with a sword is in their midst. Its teammates were doing well, and now it was time for it to demonstrate why it was here as well.

Ducking around the side of the vehicle, it closes its eyes. It shall be the first sentient it ends with hands, with power of its own, without trying to fathom what happens to it beyond the edge, into the center, into a deep and unfathomable darkness.

It would have to become that darkness.

<ENTROPY CALLS. IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO ANSWER.>

It screams, mentally. Its battlecry, charging at the wounded patrolman. To its credit, it does manage to fire off panicked potshots. The entity, leaving a trail of cosmic energy and afterimages behind it, manages to avoid them, coming in close.

<THE UNIVERSE...EXPERIENCE ITS POWER. TASTE, FIRSTHAND, THE END, AND KNOW THAT THIS GIVES ME NO PLEASURE.>

Its hand punches through the goblin's chest.Withdrawing it, the goblin falls to its knees. The entity places its hand upon its head. The goblin's body appears to float upward, disintegrating as it enters the entity's body. What's left are floating traces of energy, of a being that once lived in that spot.

Its gaze turns towards the next patrolman.With eyes burning, purple flames.

It points.

<You shall be next.>




Moved to P8, Oathed the Patrolman, and Hit the second attack roll; damage kills it no matter what I roll, so it just goes kaput.



pre:
Unsung   						 
HP: 25/25 (THP: )        AC:   18    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +0   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 17    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Overwhelming Strike     [ ] Shard Swarm                      [ ] Aspect of Might
Avenging Shackles       [ ] Oath of Enmity                
                        [ ] Relentless Attack        
                        [ ] Abjure Undead
                        [ ] Divine Guidance
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Telepathy 5
Living Construct: Don't eat, drink breathe, sleep
Crystalline Mind: Resist 5/10/15 Psychic
Immortal Origin
Censure of Retribution: Each time a non-Oath target hits me, I gain +3 damage against my Oath target until EoMNT (cumulative).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"Okay, girl. Time to do something." Swallowing her fear, Meriele turns the corner around the dumpster she was hiding behind, running out into the opening of the alley - and unzipping her sleeve as she does so. The hum turns louder as she unveils the dark purple monstrosity that her arm had become. Energy sparks around it as she raises the arm and splays her fingers, bracing her shoulder. "Hey soldier girl! Heads up!" With that, the hum emanating from the core in her weaponized limb turns louder and higher-pitched, before there's a dull thwomp and the elf recoils a little from the shot, as an invisible bolt of energy, indicated only by a ripple in the air, slams into the patrol chief. The surprised goblin is sent staggering back into the concrete barrier, allowing Naivara to slip in another attack while the enemy is dazed from the impact.

Move: to J10.
Standard: Staggering Note with CA vs Patrol Boss at 1d20+7=19. 4 thunder damage, and Naivara gets to make an MBA against the goblin.

Also I'd like to remind everyone that if they are missed by an enemy, I can slide them 2 squares - one person per round. While I'll try to keep an eye out for good opportunities for this myself, if you want to be slid somewhere after a miss, please let me know.


pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 22/22 (THP: )        AC:   16    Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 7/7 (V: 5)       For:  11    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step                   
                        [ ] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Naivara swings and misses as the patrol leader hurtles past her.

MBA vs Patrol Leader: 1d20+7 12 1d10+2 4

All of the goblins gasp in fear of the entity that just disintegrated their squadmate. The other patrolman panics and runs in terror as far away from it as he possibly can, perhaps hoping to summon reinforcements.

[Double move to D8]

---



---

Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 4/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [DEAD]
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 7/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [bloodied]

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 19/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 6/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11 [bloodied]

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 38/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16 [marked by Naivara]

---

Up now: Stoaga, Zivilyn, Naivara

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Sensing no immediate targets, and her hiding place worthless, Stoaga leaps out of the dumpster and scurries off onto the street with surprising speed.

Moving to k8

She sees two priority targets, takes a knee and gets into firing position. First, she spies the commander locked into melee combat with one of her allies. She goes right for the kneecap. *FWIP*

Disruptive Shot!: 1d20+10 20
Damage!: 1d10+5 9
Goblin Patrol Leader is Immobilized (save ends)

The shot dislocates the joint, making the limb unstable and, unless said goblin is a juggernaut, likely too painful to do any more than stand on until it pops back into place. With that taken care of, she scans the horizon again...And sees a straggler trying to escape. She hisses and fires right at the thigh, attempting to hamstring its efforts.

ACTION POINT!

Clever Shot!: 1d20+10 19
Damage!: 1d10+5 13
Patrolman 2 is Unconscious.

A shot right to the butt is painful, and in this goblin's case, quite possibly too painful to stay conscious.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Get ready to head for evac! I'm gettin' this done!" Deciding to put his suit's mobility boosts to the test Ziv steps up and drops cover. Then he sprints like a top athlete, covering the distance to the statue and running off primo adrenaline to hastily set the charges. He even has time to double check connections and ready the detonator in one hand! "Soon as I get clear we're done here!"

Minor: Shift to U19 out of Beast Form.
Standard and Move: Double Move to K14
Action Point: Standard to set the charges!

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara's fury at her missed attack just spurs her to fight harder. Emboldened, she decides to challenge the nearest rifleman and the officer. She fells the rifleman who took a piss-poor pot shot at her earlier. She dislodges her sword from the goblin's torso with a swift kick and watches him fall into a crumpled heap on the ground. With a scoff, she flicks the goblin's blood onto his uniform and wipes her blade on his leg.

After she squares her shoulders and cracks her neck, she turns to the officer and points her sword at him - the universal sign of a challenge - and bellows "YOU'RE loving NEXT"


Shift to S12
Standard: Whirling Defense (AUG 2)
Whirling defense (2): 1d20+7 22 1d20+7 25 1d10+4 10 (rifleman, officer respectively)

ACTION POINT!

The augmentation in her skull gently hums, as she conjures up every horrifying, blood-curdling image she can possibly think of (the process only made easier by her desire to see this goblin suffer) - dismembered bodies, horrifying monsters of legend, and otherworldly howls and shrieks. Connecting with an enemy's mind had to be one of the most satisfying sensations she could think of. With a yell, she slashes across the officer's body.

Demon dance (0): 1d20+7 17 1d10+4 10

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Aug 9, 2016 around 04:52

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"STOP!" the rifleman yells in Goblin, gesturing wildly at Ziv before running towards him and firing at him, catching him square in the shoulder with a well aimed shot.

Attack Ziv: 1d20+8 20 1d6+4 8

The officer yelps in pain as his leg buckles from underneath him. He pops his knee back into place and swings one handedly at Naivara, hitting her solidly in the arm with his baton.

Recharge; Melee attack & damage; Save vs immobilize: 1d6 5 - 1d20+7 19 1d6+1 4 - 1d20 16

---



---

Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 4/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [DEAD]
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 7/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [KOed]

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 19/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 6/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11 [DEAD]

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 9/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16 [BLOODIED, MARKED by Naivara]

---

Up now: Meriele, Unsung, Kvardek

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

The former singer starts charging forward, gesturing at Naivara. "Go! Get the rifleman! We've got this one!" Her weird machine arm glows brightly, and she disappears into thin air...only to re-emerge right next to the patrol leader and punch him in the face with the revved-up weapon. The poor little creature splatters against the concrete, before the arm flares up again and Meriele skips a bit further in space. She grasps at Unsung, even though he is nowhere within reach, and seems to literally pull him through space, the odd creature ending up next to Naivara with a swirl of purple energy.

Move: to o13.
Standard: Fey Step to r13

Action Point!
Standard: Melee Basic Attack at 1d20+8=21. Hit! Invoke Lesser Dimensional Step to make damage 2d8+5=17 damage. I teleport to s14 and teleport Unsung to t12.


pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 22/22 (THP: )        AC:   16    Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 7/7 (V: 5)       For:  11    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [X] Lesser Dimensional Step                   
                        [ ] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung


The entity supposed there wasn't much that their enemies could do but run. In the face of impending death, what else was there?

It recalled hearing a pair of travelers on a ship nearing its pull. They described their fear, and one commented that what they were experiencing, their desire to either fight for their lives or flee, was a common sentient response in situations of extreme duress; fight...or flight. The one that a person chooses, the traveler said, is revealing; about their true character, about their circumstances, the lives they led until they had to make that decision.

The entity supposed it knew now what these goblins truly were, in a grim sort of way.

Before it could ruminate further, it was pulled forward by its comrade. It glanced at Meriele.

<Much like a wormhole, I suppose. An interesting trick. I shall wait to ask further. Life provides us with such wonderful...distractions.>

With fittingly inhuman speed, it dashed within range of the rifleman. What did it think about, in this predicament it found itself in? Its comrades were falling, one by one. Now, it was alone, like the man in the dumpster. It seems it chose flight over fight. A pity, really. Either way, it would not live to fully consider what has occurred here.

<I said you would be next. I am not capable of lying.>

Before it could fully react, the entity crossed the distance between them. It swelled with energy, with the power of the cosmos. Taking steps backward, the rifleman tried and failed to block the entity's blows, each severing a limb. Left arm, right arm. Left leg, right leg, until it could no longer move.

<In the end, entropy shall claim the lives of us all. Be thankful it takes yours before the rest of the universe.>

Placing a palm onto the goblin's forehead, the entity, with a quick burst of energy, detonates it. Its limbless, now decapitated body lays still on the ground, blood pooling. The entity wondered if it should show more restraint in the future. This goblin was a sentient being, with breath in its lungs and blood in its veins. It most likely had friends, perhaps friends that died alongside it. A family. Did it deserve such brutality, such an onslaught, such a display of violence?

The entity flexed a purple hand, feeling power thrum through it. Was that all the entity was capable of...killing? What of its abilities was yet to be revealed?




So Unsung Moved from t to x12, Oathed the Rifleman, Charged to A13, Hit and did 9 with an MBA, Action Pointed, hit with Relentless Attack for 17. Not gonna bother with RA's move component as the gobbo is dead before it's relevant.

http://orokos.com/roll/425985 <- MBA Hit

http://orokos.com/roll/425987 <- 9 damage from MBA

http://orokos.com/roll/425988 <- hit with Relentless Attack

http://orokos.com/roll/425989 <- Relentless Attack does 17 damage




pre:
Unsung   						 
HP: 25/25 (THP: )        AC:   18    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +0   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 17    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Overwhelming Strike     [ ] Shard Swarm                      [ ] Aspect of Might
Avenging Shackles       [ ] Oath of Enmity                
                        [X] Relentless Attack        
                        [ ] Abjure Undead
                        [ ] Divine Guidance
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Telepathy 5
Living Construct: Don't eat, drink breathe, sleep
Crystalline Mind: Resist 5/10/15 Psychic
Immortal Origin
Censure of Retribution: Each time a non-Oath target hits me, I gain +3 damage against my Oath target until EoMNT (cumulative).

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at Aug 11, 2016 around 06:43

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

Within a short moment of contact it was all over. His compatriots tore apart the goblins with efficiency and (in at least one case) depravity. Moving as a blur the scientist had set up the bombs and it was time to go. "We must leave before reinforcements arrive. To the evacuation point!" As he slipped between the statues to rendezvous with Zivilyn, he put up a question to his Heroes: how had he missed that shot? The goblin had only been a short distance away, it was not moving, air currents were negligible and his own movement had been compensated for, so how had he missed? The answer came almost immediately:

code:
Consensus reached.
Subject has no formal military training and no combat experience. New recruits are often
unable to fire upon enemy soldiers during their early sorties, even after extensive practice
and conditioning. In addition to having none of this conditioning the subject has a
devout religious upbringing which includes a moral opposition to war. It can be safely
assumed the subject has an aversion to inflicting pain and death on other sentient beings. 
There is a very high probability the subject subconsciously diverted their aim at the last 
moment before firing.
No experience? But shouldn't the Heroes be able to compensate for-

code:
Reviewing data logs... Error found.
Error type 3104: Buffer underrun
Unable to collate data and reach consensus from all Heroes with relevant combat 
experience in the time allotted.
Hm. Well. He expected some issues for his first exercise; after all, his systems were not designed for live-fire combat. He was really hoping the problem would not be this bad, however. The chances of getting a firmware upgrade in the present circumstances were nil and he was very uncomfortable with the prospect of writing patches to his own code while he was still running. He would have to find another kind of workaround, and fast. He was useless to the resistance army if he could not fight, and without them he had little hope of survival.

If we're still in combat, Double Move: to A17.

pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 30/30 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 9
Surges: 10/10 (V: 7)	For:  15    Passive Perception: 9
Initiative: +1		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 13    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common	
Status: Concealment (Melee and ranged attacks against you get a -2 penalty to the attack roll.)

Melee Basic: +7 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                   
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Chains of Levistus
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Combat over! I'll have the next post up probably tomorrow but in the meantime feel free to RP and stuff!

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele is left breathing heavily, the adrenaline rush of combat slowly wearing down as no new threats appear. "I..." She looks over to the splattered goblin, and almost throws up right there. "Oh, ugh..." Walking away from the corpse, she covers her mouth with her biological hand, while the purple mechanical limb slowly becomes less animated, its glow and hum fading. "I didn't mean to..." The words come out, even if nobody's listening, while the singer slowly walks off, in the direction of the extraction point. "Can we go...?"

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

Surveying the battlefield, the entity could not bring itself to feel pleased. It seems that war, conflict, was an interesting animal, even more so than it had heard described. In one case, it seems to have brought on some distress.

<Miss...Meriele, was it?>

A few cautious steps, blood appearing to evaporate off of its body...or into it?

<This is a cause we have chosen, knowing that we would commit grave, desperate actions. Death is not something to turn away from; it surrounds us, it guides our actions, our decisions.>

Now, standing next to her, but not looking directly at her, but with eyes moving to find exits, clear escape routes.

<How exactly did you...?>

Fingers rub what would logically be its chin, if it had one.

<Instantaneously move all of my body's atoms, transfer the energy from one point to another? Scientifically speaking, that should be impossible. Not to mention it happened at faster-than-light speed. It seems we have both found rather interesting comrades.>

The entity had a vague sense of wanting to smile. It's really too bad it doesn't have a mouth.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

She looks up, pale skin and eyes wide, to the ...black hole thing. "Yeah. Weird, huh." She lifts her arm, the purple machinery almost a match for Unsung's own colors. She's quite for a while, trying to steady herself, but when her words come out, they're quiet and reserved."It's this thing. Imperium tech. Modified teleporter - you know, like on starships? - for personal use. With some added combat capabilities. But it's... kind of limited. Takes a lot of power, and a long time to recharge."

Meriele falls quiet again, as she moves forward to the extraction point, keeping an eye out for other drow forces that may approach. "Don't ask me how I got it," she adds, a hint of fear coming back in her voice.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"Primary objective completed. Secondary also completed. Fight went well."

She begins offering handshakes to each of her teammates while finally pulling down the gas mask. It covers her mouth, but she's probably smiling. Maybe.

"Congratulations."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

(Is this Short Rest enough to burn Surges? Or could I assume Meriele tops me off since we're between Encounters and she might as well burn one of her heals before the refresh? I guess depending on Look's answer affects how I RP out the wound but if a Leader wants to take initiative I'm fine with that.)

Ziv winces hard. A better shot might've really hurt him, instead it was just a familiar soreness. Nice thing about bullet proof armor is that it stops the bullet. Lousy thing is that it has to be wearable and allow movement so it can't stop everything. He checks the HUD and gives a quick check of the limb servos to make sure nothing vital was severed and beckons everybody over to meet him at the south edge of the statue plaza.

"I reckon whether or not Sgt. Greb over here got communications out or not, it won't matter once we make that thing boom and fall. Y'all ready to move? Operation ain't over 'til we're safely evac'd." He gives Stoaga a curt handshake but his tone is dead serious. Maybe he can offer her a little competition in the gloomy gus department... he certainly isn't showing any self-pity or concern for being shot in the back. Hell, he's not even bleeding. Or is that just the black armor?

He holds up the detonator and primes it, ready to fire. "When yer ready. Might I suggest the minimum effective range." He keeps hustling towards that evac, occasionally scanning the nearby alleys and streets. "If nothing else even soldiers that green(Heh heh, he thinks) are gonna make somebody suspicious when they miss whatever passes for dark-skin patrol."

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

A piece of stolen Imperium technology. Well, stolen would be an assumption. But how else would she have acquired it? Does she, perhaps, have a connection...?

The thought is interrupted by the offered handshake. While the entity's is strong, it's also unsure; after all, its never had to shake someone's hand before.

<Miss Stoaga, I am unsure if what we have done here is worth congratulating. While we did accomplish our mission...>

It looks around once more.

<I am concerned about what we have left in our wake. While I do not fully experience emotion, per se, I would like to ask you something.>

A pause. If it could take breath, it would take a deep one.

<How does it feel? When you...take another sentient life?>

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

After shaking Stoaga's hand, Naivara claps Meriele on the back. "Don't worry, you get used to the carnage. Who knows? Maybe you'll even like it a little," she chuckles.

She makes her way towards the evac and decides to let her teammates know, "Hey, you guys? You didn't do half-bad for being new to this whole 'combat' thing. Don't let that go to your head, though. Now, let's blow this statue and get the gently caress out of here before reinforcements arrive."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga looks at the astral being with a puzzled expression. She then shrugs and points to one of the goblins in the distance, offering her scope as a means to look further. Upon close inspection, the creature is doubled over in pain, rather than dead in a pool of blood. The impact points definitely look bent in painful ways, but not life-threateningly.

"Clan sees no point in killing unless asked to. Live targets worth more, can strip more things from. Have killed before, though. Unavoidable, but impersonal. Allegiance changes with time, cannot dwell on past. Must look at future, build better tomorrow where past does not repeat. Time will come, where gun is worthless."

She looks around at the bodies again, then puts her mask back on. With that, Stoaga dashes off, gathering the weaponry of the goblin guards and field-stripping them into their base components while heading towards, and climbing, a building back towards their evac point with seemingly little effort.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


BOOM!!!

The ground shakes from the force of the explosion as the shockwave shatters windows around the block. A large metal shard from the statue slams into the ground just feet behind you. Hovercar alarms go off in the entire surrounding area as well as building alarms. Seconds later you hear the sound of police sirens. You run as hard as you can away, and seem to have a clear shot to the extraction point. You're about to pile in the hovervan when a group of drow hustling to the scene of the explosion run by the the alleyway you're in. One of them spots you and calls to the others, who immediately stop running and turn to point their rifles at you. The leader of the group shouts in Elven, "HALT! LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS!!"

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 46/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14

Drow Riot Control- HP: 53/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 39/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 39/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13

---

Roll Initiative and pick a starting square in the alleyway!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 18, 2016 around 00:11

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

One did not need to be able to speak Elven to get the basic idea of what the officer was commanding of them. Even if Kvardek understood exactly what he was saying, however, he would not comply. He was hoping to get some time to ruminate on his difficulties in the previous battle before fighting again; even if everyone else had been too polite to comment, he would have to find some way to contribute to victory this time. He wordlessly strode forward with a confidence he did not feel, eager (perhaps too eager) to make amends.

Starting at K10.
Initiative: 1d20+1 14


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 30/30 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 9
Surges: 10/10 (V: 7)	For:  15    Passive Perception: 9
Initiative: +1		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 13    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common	
Status: None

Melee Basic: +7 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                   
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Chains of Levistus
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele goes a pale white as she sees the drow approach, and immediately ducks behind a dumpster. A string of curses comes out in a panicked whisper. "We gotta get rid of them. They can't report back about me!" she hisses to her team, clutching the strange purple machinery to her chest as it hums to life.

Initiative at 1d20+1=19. I'll start at I7. Remember, if you spent surges during your short rest to heal up, you get +4 HP with every surge.

pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 22/22 (THP: )        AC:   16    Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 7/7 (V: 5)       For:  11    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step                   
                        [ ] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Caught only very slightly unawares, Ziv begins prepping the big guns and cycling the dispenser in his quarterstaff. He primes a few substances for long distance use and smirks. "Wasnt planning on it Ellie. I got something real special for their brass."

Initiative: 20

(Start at G7.)

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga is already looking at the drow and has her rifle pointed forward. She's already in the process of firing as the preparations start for everyone else.

Initiative: 1d20+9 29

Going to F10

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Unfortunately for the Drow reinforcements, Naivara fully understands the order and had zero intention of complying. She chooses to retort with responses that would be best described as "highly racist" and "quite disrespectful" to the Drow people.

She unsheathes her sword and rushes towards the front of the melee, looking the riot control square in the eye. "Yeah, you heard me. You wanna fight about it?"

Initiative: 1d20+0 15

Starting at L9

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung


Stoaga's words linger in the entity's mind as they encounter yet another enemy.

Their leader's language...the entity had heard it before. That of elves, drow. It wanted them to surrender. A time in which warriors, soldiers can drop their weapons, can cease killing one another.
Was it possible? Sentient life, from what the entity had seen, was incapable of it. And yet, there is belief, hope, in a future that doesn't require war, battle. Death.

The entity moves to the front lines, as it were.

<These drow do not have to die. Entropy will come for them in time, but we can...>

What can they do?

<We can allow them to face it on their terms. I shall not kill them. I...we, shall work towards a better future, for all sentient beings.>

A tightened fist.

<But we must stop them, all the same. To see that better future, we must live through today.>



Initiative of 4, Starting at K8.



pre:
Unsung   						 
HP: 25/25 (THP: )        AC:   18    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +0   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 17    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Overwhelming Strike     [ ] Shard Swarm                      [ ] Aspect of Might
Avenging Shackles       [ ] Oath of Enmity                
                        [ ] Relentless Attack        
                        [ ] Abjure Undead
                        [ ] Divine Guidance
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Telepathy 5
Living Construct: Don't eat, drink breathe, sleep
Crystalline Mind: Resist 5/10/15 Psychic
Immortal Origin
Censure of Retribution: Each time a non-Oath target hits me, I gain +3 damage against my Oath target until EoMNT (cumulative).

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Initiative: Officer, Riot Control, Riflemen: 1d20+5 15 1d20+3 8 1d20+7 27

Ordered Initiative:
Stoaga (29)
Riflemen (27)
Zivilyn (20)
Meriele (19)
Naivara (17)
Kvardek (16)
Officer (15)
Riot Control (8)
Unsung (4)

---
edit: Now with map!!


---

Up now: Stoaga

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2016 around 22:54

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


The world is in slow-motion to Stoaga. Almost everyone is oh so slowly entering their positions as she lines the crosshairs up in her scope. Her target? Right between the eyes of the security team's pointman. The moment she's got it, she takes a deep breath and and fires.

Disruptive Shot!: 1d20+12 28
Damage!: 1d10+5 14
Drow Riot Control is now Dazed (save ends.)

A clean shot with one of those rounds is bound to leave someone concussed. Doubly so when she managed to line up the angle well enough to properly impact rather than hit and scrape along the temple. She smirks and puts the mask back on.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The riot control officer grabs his head in pain, and visibly seems off balance. The rifleman with the yellow patch runs behind the car next to the officer and takes a shot at Naivara, hitting her square in the chest. The second rifleman steadies his aim and attacks her as well, with the help of the targeting system he shares with his counterpart, tagging her in the exact same spot.

Yellow: Move to u10 and Attack Naivara: 1d20+9 18 1d8+4 12

Blue: Attack Naivara: 1d20+11 17 1d8+4 12

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 46/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14

Drow Riot Control- HP: 39/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12 [DAZED]

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 39/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 39/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13

---

Up now: Zivilyn, Meriele, Naivara, Kvardek

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 18, 2016 around 02:02

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Y'all signed up with a funny war in mind if'n you're against killing. I don't think they'll have the same problem." He slides around the car, gives the walking black hole a wide berth as he passes by and stops closer to the action, raising his staff apparatus. He does a quick line up with the the two ducking behind cover and chuckles over comm. "You don't want yer rebellion to burn out thinking "Golly, at least I didn't make some black-eyed black-skinned black-hearted officer take the time to read some spider-mama some condolences. Dear Ma'am, sorry yer son died trying to enslave innocents."" He shakes his head and thrusts the staff forward, servos firing as they prime the first boon of the Teris research, toxins of the local fish known as Cutters, so-named for a tendency to induce powerful hallucinations in larger prey at first blood. They tended to cut and run, as it were.

The projectile end of the stave fires two vials of the juice and they perfectly crash into the raised heads of the Rifleman and his Officer, a quick exposure to air prompting a chemical reaction that rings the two in choking gas. Doped up, freaking out and so sick the Officer collapses... Ziv's howling with laughter and slapping a knee as the substance expertly incapacitates! He pantomimes wiping a tear from his helmet's eye and straightens up. "Two in the head for each of 'em and do it quick, lets get us outta here!"

Move: Move to L7
Standard: Lightning Arc Primary hits Drow Officer and Drow Rifleman(Yellow)
Deals 8 Damage to Rifleman(Yellow) and 13 Damage to Officer
Both are Dazed UEOMNT.
Lightning Arc Secondary hits Officer and knocks them Prone.

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

He found himself nodding to Zivilyn's words. "Indeed. The tyrant only speaks of mercy when rebellion knocks at his walls. I am loathe to use violence myself, but it was not we who fired the first shots."

He considered. The problem was seeking a democratic consensus among the Heroes took too long, and the opportunity for action passed before any stratagem or response could be implemented. Solution obvious: do not seek consensus. Draw upon the knowledge and skill of one Hero at a time exclusively, essentially making that one Hero a temporary dictator. Extreme perhaps, and most certainly against the spirit of the project which birthed the Blessed Heroes. But it was not, strictly speaking, against the letter of religious law, and he did not have the luxury of waiting for a more perfect solution.

Colonel Zutwa had the floor. The riot cop in front was only intended to bar their way at the chokepoint, the real threats were the riflemen behind them. Neutralize them and the leader could be captured without further battle. Taking advantage of the opportunity afforded by Stoaga's bullet he slipped out of the alleyway and opened fire, his palm blaster leaving a smoldering hole in the rifleman's armor. It was not a lethal blow, but he had surely felt it. More importantly, he now had a lock on his targets...

Move: to Q5, avoiding OAs, Shadow Walk activates.
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Yellow Rifleman.
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige vs Yellow Rifleman hits for 13 damage, I get my Prime Shot bonus against him UEoMNT. I also place a Curse on the Drow Riot Control.


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 30/30 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 9
Surges: 10/10 (V: 7)	For:  15    Passive Perception: 9
Initiative: +1		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 13    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common	
Status: Concealment (Melee and ranged attacks against you get a -2 penalty to the attack roll)

Melee Basic: +7 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                   
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Chains of Levistus
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Seeing Naivara take two shots, Meriele raises her arm. "You can do better than that, soldier. Hang in there!" A purple glow surrounds the wounds on the woman's chest, and the wounds seem to knit themselves closed. It's not proper medical treatment, but it'll serve, for now. The psicom soldier moves forward to the riot drow, and as she lunges, another dull whump is heard and the armored soldier is sent flying back. Meriele moves forward to stand behind Naivara, trying to shield her purple arm from the drow somewhat. She didn't want them to see it. Didn't want to give them the chance to report back.

Minor; Majestic Word on Naivara. She spends a surge to heal 12 hitpoints, and slides 2 squares to n9.
Standard; Staggering Note vs Drow Riot Control at 1d20+7=14. Riot Control takes 4 thunder damage, is pushed to r9 and Naivara makes an MBA at 1d20+9=13, which misses.
Move; to M8


pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 22/22 (THP: )        AC:   16    Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 7/7 (V: 5)       For:  11    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step                   
                        [ ][X] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara draws in a sharp, pained breath as her wounds close and manages to strain out "I owe you one" to Meri. Frustrated by her poor aim, she repositions herself to try again. Much as the riflemen could pose a problem, the riot control was an extra body the others didn't need to deal with. Better to keep the focus on her, her bodily integrity be damned.

She attempts to attack the riot control, but fails to connect. "I guess they hit me harder than I thought.." she grumbles

Move to Q9
Minor: Battlemind's Demand on Drow Riot Control
Standard: Demon dance (0): 1d20+7 13 1d10+4 9


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 22/34		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 13/13 (V: 8)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

Broadsword: +7, 1d10+2

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Demon Dance		[ ] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldrich Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with attack not targeting you.
	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The riot control officer swings his baton at Naivara, nailing her in the shoulder with a loud thud. He shakes his head, snapping out of the daze he's in.
The squad leader rolls over and shoots a ball of force at the strange machine attacking them, hitting him square in the chest, the force knocking him backwards into a parked hover car, setting the alarm off.

Riot Officer: Attack Naivara: 1d20+6 17 1d6+5 8
Save vs Daze: 1d20 18

Patrol Leader:
Force Lure [vs AC] on Kvardek: 1d20+7 26 -2 =24 2d4+4 8, Slide Kvardek to [p3]

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 33/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14 [dazed, proned]

Drow Riot Control- HP: 35/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 39/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 18/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [dazed]

---

Up now: Unsung

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2016 around 17:43

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

A pitched battle quickly unfolds. The entity, watching its comrades charge bravely into danger, considers its first move carefully. The movement of sentient life on the battlefield, it was quickly learning, was erratic at best; chaotic, random, seemingly without a predetermined plan, strategy. Including, as the rifleman showed him, leaving themselves open, isolated.

It was a lesson the entity would teach its enemy harshly.

Moving after Naivara, it pivots and runs to the rifleman who thought he was covering a good angle. Now, that angle would be used against him.

A hit to the chest knocks it back, and the entity follows, raining down blows all the while.

<Prove yourself worthy, or be denied by the stars themselves! You will not get a second chance!>

The drow looks worse for the wear, but is still standing. Something the entity is going to have to fix in the near future.



Move to q7, Oath the Rifleman, Hit with Relentless Attack for 23, Push it back to t5 and Shift to s5.


pre:
Unsung   						 
HP: 25/25 (THP: )        AC:   18    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +0   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 17    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Overwhelming Strike     [ ] Shard Swarm                      [ ] Aspect of Might
Avenging Shackles       [ ] Oath of Enmity                
                        [X] Relentless Attack        
                        [ ] Abjure Undead
                        [ ] Divine Guidance
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Telepathy 5
Living Construct: Don't eat, drink breathe, sleep
Crystalline Mind: Resist 5/10/15 Psychic
Immortal Origin
Censure of Retribution: Each time a non-Oath target hits me, I gain +3 damage against my Oath target until EoMNT (cumulative).

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Up now: Stoaga!

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga notices several targets hiding behind the car through the scope of her rifle. Ordinarily, this would be cause for someone to move elsewhere and try to get a better angle. However, Stoaga is confident she can hit the rifleman (yellow) through the car with a well-aimed shot.

Clever Shot!: 1d20+10 21
Damage!: 1d10+5 9
Yellow Rifleman has been slid up 2 squares to u8.

She succeeds at hitting the pole nearby, bouncing back square into the rear of the drow, giving them enough of a shock to send them stumbling past their friend and out of cover.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Blue: The rifleman staggers backwards away from the entity, wildly firing a burst from his rifle in a panic, missing badly with every round.
Shift to [u6], Attack Unsung: 1d20+9 11 1d8+4 10

Yellow: The other rifleman is in a fog, but manages to line the entity up in his sights. He pulls the trigger, but he gets no closer to hitting than his squadmate, perhaps due to the effects of Ziv's toxin. "poo poo!" he says under his breath in Elven, shaking his head and hoping to snap out of the effects he's under.

Attack Unsung: 1d20+9 14 1d8+4 5

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 33/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14 [dazed, proned]

Drow Riot Control- HP: 35/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 16/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [bloodied]

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 9/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [dazed, bloodied]

---

Up now: Zivilyn, Meriele, Naivara, Kvardek

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

That... hurt less than he thought it would. It looked like most of the damage was superficial. He did not want to risk getting hit like that again, though. He peeled himself off the car (which failed to stop the alarm, he activated aural dampeners as an afterthought) and swiftly crossed the street, firing once more at the rifleman. His shot was true, but through sheer force of will his target remained standing.

Move: to V3
Minor: Curse Blue Rifleman
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige against the Yellow Rifleman, +1 for Prime Shot and +2 for CA.
It hits and deals the absolute minimum of 6 psychic damage. I also place a Curse on the Drow Officer.


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 22/30 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 9
Surges: 10/10 (V: 7)	For:  15    Passive Perception: 9
Initiative: +1		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 13    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common	
Status: Concealment (Melee and ranged attacks against you get a -2 penalty to the attack roll.)

Melee Basic: +7 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                   
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Chains of Levistus
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv glides up to the car and flexes his hands, one activating the stealth of the suit and creating a brief shimmer and a beat of soundlessness, the other gripping a happy little silver cylinder framed with yellow and black warning labels. He leans around the side and prompts the forearm-to-wrist servo, blasting it into the ground like a rocket! With a prompt pop it erupts in shredding shrapnel and strips of chaffing metal that hover in the air, gently drifting down after the blast. The initial impact puts Yellow Rifleman out of his misery and leaves Blue Rifleman in a nasty spot, all his tech wavering. It's almost a shame that the static is overtaking his comms as Ziv calls out in Elven: <"Yeah, it's some harsh poo poo to fight 'em when they fight back!">

Move: Move to R8
Minor: Beast Mode, Shift to S9
Standard: Locust Swarm, a 3x3 from T8 to V6(Bottom Left Corner to Upper Right Corner)
Create Zone in that 3x3 UEOMNT that causes Enemies inside to grant Combat Advantage
Crit for 13 Damage kills Yellow Rifleman
Miss Blue Rifleman, but he grants CA while in the zone!

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2016 around 03:25

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«22 »