Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«23 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Looking down at the planet below, Meri sighs. "Well, we're going to need some recon first. No telling how many soldiers they got down there." She glances back at the rest of the crew. "I have a way out, at least; the Alliance eggheads gave me a way to home the teleporter in my arm to the ship. It does take a lot of energy, so we'll have to be sure we're safe, but while I'm gathering power, you guys can plant the explosives, and we can detonate at the last second before we zap out."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara taps her chin, plotting. "Probably best to not set down directly on the landing pad, obviously. Maybe we can start near the living quarters and do some recon the old fashioned way - see if there's any sort of set schedule, and work our way from there."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


You land your ship over a ridge from the living quarters. As you step out of the Independence, you are greeted by a blast of hot air, the outside temperature resting upwards of 33 degrees Celsius. Cresting the ridge, you see the massive refinery dwarf the rocky landscape below, with its long shadow extending up and onto the mountainside . Looking below, the living quarters at this end are a sprawling, one level building laid out in a star made of thick, white concrete tinged a burnt orange from the sun looming in the sky. As you peer closer, you notice bars on the windows. There is a single, wide covered path from the quarters to the main part of the refinery. There are no discernible entry or exit points along the exterior of the living quarters that you can see. Along the pathway you see a large, three story building with regular windows made of red brick.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Nov 7, 2018 around 15:54

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv gives a careful look to all they can eyeball. "That's funny. They got better D fer th' grunts than th' buildin'. Usually tyrants are worried th' slaves are gonna take th' goods." He adjusts his helmet, having recently suited up. ".. Hmm, ya reckon it's like Mraxis? Locked up locals, slave labor, th' works. Maybe they got officers set somewhere else. And uh, I ain't gonna feel too good about blowin' up civvies. Maybe we can sneak in.. at this point a challenge is kinda th' given."

(Stealth, Thievery and Acrobatics +11 to try and sneak in when we're ready.)

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 91/91  (THP: 0)  	AC:	28	Passive Insight: 29
Surges: 8/8 (V: 23)	For:	26	Passive Perception: 31
Initiative: +21		Ref:	29(31)	Action Points: 1
Speed: 9		Will:	32      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Magic Stones		[ ] Second Wind            [ ] Faerie Fire
Jolt of Lightning   	[ ] Thorn Spray            [ ] Vine Serpents
Grasping Claws          [ ] Verdant Bounty         [X] Entangle
Wild Shape              [ ] Quills                 [ ] Factorum(Item)
                        [ ] Camouflage Cloak       [ ] Rapid Motion(Item)
                        [ ] Thunder Crash        
                        [ ] Takedown Strike      
                        [ ] Clear the Chaff
                        [ ] Blood Moon Frenzy
                        [ ] Hunting Beast(I)

Implement: +21, +10 Damage, +3d6 on Crit
Melee: +21, +12 Damage

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Pouncing Form: Shift 4 when Entering Beast Form
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Rapid Motion: If Slowed, roll a Save to end it (Encounter)
World Serpent's Grasp: Prone the Slowed
Superior Reflexes: CA against all Enemies on first turn
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Cunning Stalker: Gain CA against Adjacent solo Enemies
Wood Elf Agility: Acro/Ath Results of 2-7 become 8
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Nov 7, 2018 around 22:37

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"Agreed about the civilians, but... I don't know how small an explosion we can get away with, here," Meri adds reluctantly, "I mean, I'm no scientist, but this is basically rocket fuel we're talking about here, so any spark is gonna ignite a whole bunch of stuff, isn't it? Anything we can do to minimize collateral, sure, but..." her words trail off as she lets the thought go further unsaid. "I don't think this is similar to Mraxis, though. The planet looked pretty desolate when we were flying over. So we might be lucky there, for what it's worth."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Lesg


"...This one just wishes to take the path with fewer enemies."

Stoaga tries to ignore having her homeland brought up in comparison to the current situation. She silently looks for the highest thing she can clamber onto, drops prone, and produces a vision magnifier to scan over the horizon. Her eyes and ears are being honed specifically for spotting living organisms rather than landmarks or notable features.

Perception: 1d20+27 40

"Give Stoaga a few moments, things are coming into view."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


You don't see anyone immediately outside of the compound. Instead, you see flashes of movement inside the barred windows, and inside the brick building. The passageway runs parallel to your line of vision, so you cannot view inside of it. Further off in the distance, you see dots moving along various catwalks on the edge of the refinery.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009



Kacht-ka, Ka Remembrancer


"It is also possible our leaders were wrong, and that this is not a refinery. A prison of lies?" says Kacht-Ka.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


[Passive Arcana] The building most certainly looks like a refinery should, seems to be laid out the way one should, and seems to be operating the way one should.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"Iunno...I got a weird feeling about this place. Let's try and find a way into the living quarters first - confirm if there's any civilians or not. Why would there need to be a covered path if they weren't worried about people escaping? There's gotta be a way in somehow..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


You're able to sneak down the hillside and move near the building undetected--it seems as though the Vular are not terribly about the happenings outside of the compound (at least on this end of it). You still see no entrances or exits to the star shaped part of the living quarters, and the walls seem to be made of thick concrete. You could use some of your explosives to burst through the wall, or you could continue along the outside of the closed off corridor.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«23 »