Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«22 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Meriele:

Standard: Vicious Mockery vs Will: 1d20+4 13 1d6+4 8 on Riot Control - hit and he takes -2 to attacks his next turn
Minor: Majestic Word on Naivara

pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 22/22 (THP: )        AC:   16    Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 7/7 (V: 5)       For:  11    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step                   
                        [X][X] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

[/quote]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Feeling rejuvenated, Naivara attempts another swing at the Riot Control officer.

Steel Unity Strike vs Riot Control: 1d20+7 9 3d10+4 32

While she exerts as much of her energy as she can possibly muster, she fails to connect with her foe as completely as she would have desired.

So that's how it's gonna be, Orokos
Even though I missed, riot control still receives half damage of 16



pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 22/34		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 11/13 (V: 8)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

Broadsword: +7, 1d10+2

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Demon Dance		[ ] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
        attack not targeting you.
    Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2016 around 04:08

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Drow Patol Leader: The officer, now out of his haze, stands up braces his staff against his shoulder before letting out a massive concussive wave in the direction of the strange entity, though somehow he misses with it. He starts to panic as his squad looks as though they're losing the fight

Recharge: 1d6 3
Move: Stand Up
Standard: Force Pulse [vs REF]: 1d20+7 13 2d6+4 9 at Unsung

Riot Control: The patrol officer staggers for a moment from even the glancing force of Naivara's blow. Though he knows he's close to death, he stands his ground and swings right back at her, hitting her solidly in the side of the head with his baton. He spits out blood before grunting, "Why won't you just die already?!" at her in Elven.

Attack Naivara: 1d20+6 26 1d6+5 6 CRIT so 11 damage

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 33/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14

Drow Riot Control- HP: 11/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12 [bloodied]

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 10/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [bloodied]

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 9/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [dazed, bloodied] [DEAD]

---

Up now: Unsung

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Unsung:

Move: move to u5
Standard: Overwhelming Strike vs AC: 2d20k1+8 13 2d6+5 13 MISS even with +2 from CA

Up now: Stoaga

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


VRRRROOOOMMMM

You hear the hovervan engine roar to life over the gunshots and screaming of the battle. The driver leans out the window and yells, "HEY, gently caress THESE GUYS! HOP IN!!"

You can choose to hop in the van and leave combat if you'd like. They'll likely put out a search for the van but you could still find a way to make it safely back to base without further altercations.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


The sniper hisses at the suggestion. She's not done stalking her prey yet. Speaking of which, look who's still behind cover? She opts to take aim and drag the officer out of cover with a heavier round.

Clever Shot!: 1d20+10 25
Damage!: 1d10+5 8
Officer is slid to s8.

"Secondary objective incomplete. Will not move yet."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Drow Rifleman (Blue):

The rifleman swiftly dodges the entity's strike, hopping backwards and firing his rifle at him at the same time, though his haste proves to be a detriment as he misses with every bullet in his burst.

Move: shift to u7
Attack Unsung: 1d20+9 11 1d8+4 5

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 25/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14

Drow Riot Control- HP: 11/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12 [bloodied]

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 10/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [bloodied]

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 9/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [dazed, bloodied] [DEAD]

---

Up now: Zivilyn, Meriele, Naivara, Kvardek

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

His systems were tracking and targeting all of his enemies at once. He was mildly curious about what his upper limit was, but since most of his CPU cycles were no longer being used by the Hero system he reasoned it was arbitrarily high. If he ever reached that limit he was outnumbered by enough that it wasn't likely to matter. But something curious happened when one of the Rifleman collapsed: the processing power that had been dedicated to tracking his position and the weak spots in his armor freed up but were not returned to idle process right away. His targeting systems were temporarily overclocked; Kvardek experienced this as a slowing down of time, giving him even more time to line up his shots. Well, this was unexpected. He would need to put this to use. He reversed direction, heading closer to the general melee. With one hand he blasted the last rifleman, feeling the surge of energy refresh itself as the vital signs of his target ceased. Perhaps feeling too cocky, he swung about and fired again at the riot control officer. The shot went wide, and he cursed himself for his eagerness.

Move: to s6, Shadow Walk activates
Standard: Chains of Levistus to Blue Rifleman with +3 Prime Shot bonus deals 8 + 2 damage for the kill.

ACTION POINT!

Standard: Eyes of the Vestige vs Riot Control completely whiffs.


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 22/30 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 9
Surges: 10/10 (V: 7)	For:  15    Passive Perception: 9
Initiative: +1		Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will: 13    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common	
Status: Concealment (Melee and ranged attacks against you get a -2 penalty to the attack roll.)
		Zutwa Pact Boon: Prime Shot bonus is +3 to attack rolls.

Melee Basic: +7 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                   
Warlock's Curse		[X] Action Point 
			[X] Chains of Levistus
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Thanks but no thanks. I think we can finish these fellas off first." With a casual gesture Ziv tosses another little package to the Drow in front of him, a powerful flashbang exploding a bit more violently than normal and blasting the two with a powerful, disorienting spread of shrapnel, chemical mixture and of course the loud white blast. The two are knocked off their feet as Ziv casually withdraws with such speed that he looks like he's just toying with the poor fools.

Minor: Out of Beast Mode, Shift to S10
Standard: Gust of Wind hitting both the Riot Control and Officer
Deals 10 Damage to both
Prones both
Push Riot to R8, Push Officer to S7
Move: Move to U11

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara finds herself almost howling with pain and rage as she is struck in the head.

Demon dance (0): 1d20+7 15 1d10+4 7
(+2 from CA = 17)


"Why won't YOU loving die?" she roars at the riot controller in Elven. She takes a step forward to close the brief distance and locks eyes with the riot control. She lets out a primal yell and decides to fully take advantage of the moment, planting the image and sound of a screaming monster* in to the drow's mind. A goodbye gift from the mortal coil, she thought to herself.

She slices into the riot controller's torso, stopping just short of his spine. After the barely intact drow crumples to the ground, Naivara wipes some blood and sweat off of her face with the back of a gloved hand. She yells back to the van driver, "If we're going to send a message, we're gonna send a loving message!"

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gL4XqkQOFU



pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 11/34		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 11/13 (V: 8)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

Broadsword: +7, 1d10+2

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ x] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Demon Dance		[ ] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
        attack not targeting you.
    Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Aug 30, 2016 around 05:05

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"They do not live." With a voice uncharacteristically icy, Meriele zips forward and batters the Patrol leader in the stomach. There's a moment's pause, where her arm hums to life with power, and once again the black hole entity is pulled through space once more. The drow is obviously on his last legs.

Move; Fey Step to r6.
Standard; Melee Basic Attack vs Drow Patrol Leader at 1d20+10=28. Invoke Lesser Dimensional Step for damage at 2d8+4=12. Unsung teleports to t8.


pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 22/22 (THP: )        AC:   16    Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 7/7 (V: 5)       For:  11    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [X] Lesser Dimensional Step                   
                        [X][X] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The officer, totally covered in blood drags himself up to make a final stand. "You cannot hide. The Imperium will crush you like the worms you are," he hisses. He charges up his staff with electricity and swings it at Kvardek with all his might, though he totally fails to connect, almost falling back down from not having even made contact.

Move: Stand up
Standard: Recharge; Shock Staff vs AC: 1d6 4 1d20+8 10 2d8+4 16

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 3/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14 [bloodied]

Drow Riot Control- HP: 11/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12 [bloodied] [DEAD]

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 10/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [bloodied]
[DEAD]

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 9/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [dazed, bloodied] [DEAD]

---

Up now: Unsung

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2016 around 01:05

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Without skipping a beat, she goes right for the chest cavity to leave the guy too pained to get up and knocked on his back.

Clever Shot!: 1d20+10 18
Damage!: 1d10+5 9

Her shot rings true.

"Secondary objective complete. Lethality...minimized. You can kill if want. Need payment before ammo becomes lethal."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Combat over!

The driver, an elf, opens his door and peeks out. "poo poo that was impressive. Don't believe I slept through the start of that. You guys may actually want to hop in now!"

What are you guys doing with the KOed officer?

---

You all pile in the back of the van and drive quickly away. Sirens blare and hoverbirds roam the air, searching the area with spotlights, looking for anything out of the ordinary as loudspeakers tell everyone to stay inside and comply with police instructions. Every officer in the area can be seen scrambling to the square where the statue fell.

The city quickly goes from near pristine to rubble as you ride away. You stop halfway to change vehicles as a precaution, this time into a blue minivan. "Feels like you're going to Kullball practice, huh?" the driver says, referring to one of the galaxy's most popular sports, played with special sticks and a ball on a long field. "We'll be there soon enough for debrief. You know, I always wished I could get into the action but my ankle won't let me," he says, sighing.

The radio station you've tuned into interrupts is music with a special bulletin: "Loyal Teris Citizens, about 20 minutes ago, terrorists attacked and destroyed the statue of our beloved leader downtown, killing a brave peacekeeping squad in the process. Rest assured we will find those responsible for this attack on the leadership of this great planet and great Imperium and bring them to justice, to ensure the safety of you and your families. To that effect, a curfew has been enacted immediately, lasting until further notice. Please be sure to comply with all peacekeeping officers' requests and to report any suspicious activity. Long live the Imperium!" and with that, the station returns to the rock music the driver had on originally.


I'll post debrief in a day or two to give you guys some chance to RP your characters decompressing on the ride back.

You can also get ready to long rest and level up, effective when you return to base!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2016 around 04:44

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"You can take my share of the action," Meriele huffs, zipping up the sleeve around her machine arm once again as it dies down. Her breath is heavy, and she's sweating - cold sweat. She tries to focus, tries to calm down, but her legs and hands are still shaking. This wasn't what she expected combat to be like. Or maybe it's exactly what she expected it to be, and that's why she was always on the run.

No backing out now, really, was there?

pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 18    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"I'd hate to leave a job undone," she calls to the driver.

Naivara stalks over to the officer and positions herself next to him, near his head. "I'll show you who's getting loving crushed." She lifts her leg up as high as she can and drops her heel directly onto the officer, leaving a crater where his face once was.

She scrapes his blood off on the ground nearby and joins the others. "Let's get the gently caress out of here, yeah?"

-

The ride in the van was soothing. A few moment's peace did wonders for the throbbing in her head, thank the gods. She shuddered to imagine what surgery to fix a fried augmentation would be like out here. After allowing herself a few moments to allow her adrenaline rush to work its way out of her system, she takes stock of the team. She couldn't help but be concerned, given how green some of them were. How many had actually seen someone else's blood before? Meriele in particular worried her.

"You okay there, Meri? You're not looking too great."


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 34/34		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 11/13 (V: 8)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

Broadsword: +7, 1d10+2

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Demon Dance		[ ] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
        attack not targeting you.
    Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Sep 1, 2016 around 04:26

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Finally free from her mission in all but the rewards portion, the sniper unwinds, unmasks and unbuttons, deciding to lay down rather than sit in a seat. She begins flipping through a book she kept concealed in her coat...A cookbook? Though she's less reading it and more eyeing the pictures of the finished products. She seems to have a penchant for anything flame-roasted, as well as anything that calls for mushrooms, based on how long she dwells on these images (as well as the obvious reactions). Meanwhile, she just sort of puts her rifle on the floor of the vehicle, seemingly uncaring for its safety aside from actually putting on the safety.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"Fine," she squeaks out, "just fine!" There's a beat, heavy silence hanging among the crew, as Meriele clenches her fists, then opens them again. "OkayI'mnotfine," come the words, rushing out like a waterfall. "I've just never been in a fight before, let alone a fight against drow, and killing them! I'm a singer, for stars' sake! I'm not built for this!" She doesn't cry, there's no tears, but it doesn't seem like she's far from it. "I mean, I want to fight, I do, but it's so - it's so..."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

It was one thing to fight back against those who were seeking to do him harm. It was quite another to execute a defenseless person for no other reason than that their continued existence was inconvenient. Was Meriele's secrecy really so important? Before he had the chance to question it Naivara was already moving. He may still have chosen to stop her. He was not so dull-witted that he could not see her aim, especially when he was still only receiving advice from one Hero. But their recommendation was clear: do not interfere. Let it happen. He should have at least watched the last moment, to imprint on his memory what he may himself be called on to do. He failed, averting his gaze at the last moment. Afterward he could not even turn his head to view the corpse. He did not want to know what it looked like now. He did not want to see.

---

In the van he stared into the middle distance. In the battle he had moved mechanically, efficiently. He had watched sentient beings die. He had even killed one himself. Him! A Blessed Vessel! At the time he was unbothered. Now? Now was different. Now he had time to process what had happened, and what he had done. He was not happy about any of it. He was glad his metal face revealed nothing of his inner turmoil. He was not the only one, it appeared. Meriele seemed to have taken the day's events quite hard. "Yes," he agreed. "It is... so much to take in. That was the first time I have ever experienced violence as well. So far I do not care for it. I am-"

a traitor to my cause a broken Vessel a wretched sinner unclean unclean unclean

"-having trouble adjusting." His voice had cut out for just a moment, his sentence coming out like two separate recordings spliced together inexpertly. He had very nearly babbled something; clearly he was more distraught than he imagined. He wanted to tell them he had violated a religious taboo, but he could not. He doubted any of them would understand the significance of it. He could come to terms with that on his own time. Then, he would explain what he could. He struggled to remove as much emotion as he could from his next words, trying to avoid any other unfortunate outbursts. "I find myself doubting my actions now that the danger has passed, though I was sure my reasoning was sound in the heat of battle. To put it simply, I... regret taking their lives, even with the knowledge they had no such qualms. I know nothing of the man I killed but cannot help feeling there was some way to avoid this outcome. Logically, of course, there is not. Things had degenerated beyond a peaceful resolution before we even walked into the briefing room this afternoon. And I would certainly not trade his life for any of yours, or for my own. And yet... well, at least I know I am being foolish. I should hope that is something." He was sorrowful there was no therapist among his Heroes; he felt and certainly sounded like he could use one.

He looked to Naivara and Stoaga, who by their conduct he had assumed had the most combat experience. "Was it like this for you, as well? For your first... kill? Are such doubts normal?"

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at Sep 1, 2016 around 15:50

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


She gives a sidelong glance from her book. "There is saying in tribe. 'There are no real 'enemies,' only people with opposing goals.' One day, fighting Drow. Next day, still fighting drow. Month later, still fighting drow. Year later, drow are allies."

...Seeing that the statement likely doesn't help answer the question, she lazily scoops up her rifle and empties the magazine. At the bottom of the blue rubber-coated rounds was a single real round. She holds the two bullets up. "Many stories, many ways of reading story. If monster is tearing through village, people grab weapons, try to decide what do. Sometimes, put to sleep. Disable. Send back home. Monster is not real danger, is not aware of problems. Monster might be ally later. Might be waste to kill big source of meat with too much excess. But sometimes, must kill. Monster is danger to everyone. Monster cannot or will not change. Monster will always oppose. Save many by ending one. Feed many by killing one. But sometimes, feed more by capturing live. Very confusing, cannot always know correct answer until after."

She begins refilling her 5-round magazines. "Easiest to let others choose for you. Soldier fights for cause of country, of leader, of ideal. Does not have to follow ideal, does not have to believe in cause. But, must have loyalty. Loyalty to cause until the end. Soldier does not question orders, follows them instead. Mercenary is paid to do job, does job. Myself, paid for 'supporting fire.' Not paid for 'assassination.' Choose rubber bullet because order does not specify. Rubber bullets cheaper, can hit weak joint several times, hurts more. Leaves unconscious. Enemy thinks of pain, thinks of opponent, considers loyalty. Will probably vow revenge, become more dedicated to cause. But might also have second thoughts. Abandon fight. Save life. But decision is theirs, not mine. Cannot force change. Will not try to."

Having finished with her maintenance, she goes back to her book. However, rather than go back to laying down with it, she tries to give 'Nebula' something to calm down with. She puts an arm around her, and shows her an image of a sponge cake coated in frosting and berries, pointing to it. "When in mission, I think of award waiting for me. Happy face, hot meal, hot shower, sweet treat. Cause does not matter to me, so long as contract is fulfilled. Most important is...what is term...'Personal happiness?'"

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

She knew Meri wouldn't be able to hold it together long. Frankly, it would have been surprising if she did. Sadistic as it sounded, Naivara knew it was better to prod at her. Better to deal with her emotions now than have her crack at an inopportune moment that could cost them dearly down the road. Now, Kvardek was a whole other manner...but he did ask a good question. She sighed and pursed her lips, trying to think of the best way to address them both.

"Wanting to fight and actually doing it are two very, very different things. You hear it all the time. Everyone knows some hotshot that talks about what a badass one-man army they'd be and they never do it. You're doing a brave thing that not many others would step up to do, Mer.

The first fight? gently caress no it's not easy. I've been in so many of these that I've lost count, but the first fight? The first kill? That's something you can train your whole life for and never know what it's like until you've done it. Trust me, I've been there. You have those doubts. Could I have done anything any other way? Did this have to happen? I felt the way you guys did. All the emotions and the questions. In the end, though, it came down to this - if there was another way, it would have happened. It comes down to you or the guy looking to kill you."

Probably not the most comforting thing ever said...but at least she tried, she thought.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

(Retrained Locust Form to Pounce. Fluff is using the staff and suit servos to deliver sudden blows and impacts via Pounce. And that Ziv has run out of chaff grenades. Utility 2 is Warding Wind and Feat is Predator's Burst. Figure I'll grow into more proper Predatoring as the Enc/Dailies become better for it.)

Ziv hopped aboard and was quiet as he did a check on his gear. Thing about one-of-a-kind is that you can't take it into the nearest tech block for quick and easy repairs. And hell, they were on lockdown in some backwater anyway. Speaking of which, he'd have to make due with the absence of reliable supplies. He reckoned that a few modifications and he'd have an alternative to costly devices... he was completely absorbed in planning and testing of his gear, totally oblivious to the mini-drama unfolding in the van!

But he gets the gist of it. His helmet tilts up and he speaks with a steady, patient drawl. "Everybody tells themselves what they wanna hear, y'know? I'm sure the Queen Spider tells them boys that what they're doin' is right, same as we're tellin' each other right now. Lissen here, Ellie. At the end of the day you do what's right by you, yeah? Ain't about cakes and cherry poppin' rookies in the F Oh E. But you don't need no justification fer self defense and that's what this whole rebellion is in the end. One long defense of basic freedoms."

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

"If that is true, Ziv, then how...?"

Their fights, the complications, the whole experience left the entity rather confounded. This question was one it perhaps knew the answer to already, but simply had to ask, just to hear it spoken aloud.

"How do we know we're on the right side?"

Thankfully, the entity didn't have a side in this, per se; it was the closest thing their team had to a neutral party. But it still wanted to know. Perhaps, to better say it, it needed to know.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The van arrives at HQ and everyone piles out. General Bodan is there to meet you before you even get out of the garage. She seems genuinely ecstatic "Wow! Judging by their comms chatter, you guys did a hell of a job! They're pissed. They've got everyone out looking for 'six heavily armed individuals'... guess they got some intellicam footage of the attack from the surrounding buildings that they're broadcasting. Looks like you guys are famous now too!" she says, leading you in the next room and pointing to one of the TVs on the wall. "Fortunately, it doesn't look like they've got any actual detail of you guys, so your cover shouldn't be blown. And, our flag is in it, so everyone knows we're responsible. It's perfect! We're overriding their signal to claim responsibility as we speak. Anyway, go get some rest, you deserve it. Meet me back here tomorrow for your next task."

Long rest and level up to level 2

---

As you walk into the briefing room the next day, the General greets you, "Morning, crew. I wanted to give you an update on our near-term goal. We're gonna try to get you off-world, get you to link up with the Alliance and hopefully get some aid here. We're working out the details of how to make that work, but in the meantime, we've got a couple priorities now and it's up to you to choose your next task."

She points to a screen on the left side of the wall, showing a picture of a small town. "Redridge. Small town about 15 miles south of Tremont. Nothing too interesting there other than some manufacturing plants and the fact that it's a popular layover on the way in and out of Tremont. No huge Imperium presence either. Anyway, we have an operative there that relays the Vular shipments that come through town. Nothing fancy, mostly bookkeeping, but it gives us a good idea of what resources they're sending where. Three days ago she mentioned hearing about an abnormal shipment with high security going through sometime this week, but couldn't provide any details. Then she went silent the next day and we haven't had anyone to send until now."

She then nods over to the screen on the right, with the image of a small compound on it. "Option two: this here is an Imperium supply depot about 10 miles west of Tremont. It seems to be more heavily defended than an ordinary supply depot should be, and our intel indicates that the Imperium just a high value object there last week. We have no idea what it is--they're really trying to keep it under wraps--but judging by the security, it's important. Finding out what this object is and either taking it or destroying it could be vital to our efforts."

She walks to the center of the room. "So, any questions? If not, what'll it be?"

---

Look for Redridge to be more investigation oriented and the supply depot to be more combat oriented.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Sep 3, 2016 around 06:19

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

Upon arriving he notified the officers of the location of the body they found in the alley. This was the least he could do for them. He could not share in General Bodan's excitement; he knew they had done well but he did not feel it.

pre:
Kvardek reached level 2!
HP increased by 5!
Inherent Attack bonus increased by 1!
Realized the power of Assassin's Bane!
Gained the Bloodied Boon feat!
Kvardek is attempting to change Chains of Levistus... let it continue? >y
Chains of Levistus became Clarion Call!
Kvardek is attempting to change Rod Expertise... let it continue? >y
Rod Expertise became White Lotus Dueling Expertise!


---

In the briefing room he listened carefully to the Off world? He had not expected that so soon. He should be able to contact Terminus even if he could not escape the war entirely. At the very least they must be informed of Sesnau's death. In the meantime two missions laid before him. Both potentially valuable, both very dangerous. But investigating the shipment seemed marginally less dangerous, or at least would not consist wholly of infiltration followed by a massive battle. "I believe this team is well suited to either task. Personally I feel investigating the shipment in Redridge is of greater importance. It will give us a chance to waylay their plans before they can fortify the position. We must also find out what happened to the agent there; if they have been captured then time is of the utmost importance."

pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 35/35 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 8)	For:  16    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +2		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 14    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common	
Status: None

Melee Basic: +9 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Assassin's Bane  
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Clarion Call
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at Sep 4, 2016 around 23:51

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv finishes the adjustments to his staff and rolls his shoulders, almost like he was preparing to shrug but just couldn't quite get the effort going. "Start small, I suppose. You're entitled to live free and be happy, yeah? Ain't never done nobody no harm that didn't deserve it? Yeah, if you're at a good spot then I reckon fellas inflicting bad on you to push you out of it ain't on the right side of things." He gets up to head into base with the rest once the van arrives. "Now funny thing, when it's all said and done... usually whoever won writes that they were right and whoever lost was clearly wrong, cause they lost, so they're wrong, and they're wrong, cause they lost... and so on. Things get messy when opinions are involved. I prefer simple facts."

He makes a finger-gun motion and the wink would be visible if he wasn't wearing a helmet. "So just remember yer right to live free and happy, yeah?"

---

As Bodan comes to greet them, Ziv feels an idea coming on. She's singing their praises and proud of them, a job well done, good moods all around. The perfect time to strike. As she makes the round Ziv offers up a raised hand, held in a little fist. The true mettle of the general could be measured by whether or not she returned the fist bump. "Just doin' the right thing, General. Felt good to let 'em have it."

Once they're clear of the briefing and Ziv has a bit of privacy he indulges the rest of his night in a tried and true rookie recruit's stealth buzz: breaking down one of his med kit's coagulate and infection fighting agents and mixing with some common space ship reactants to get a low-line trip going. Easy mats, a nice ride for the anxious newbie in the barracks and drat near minimal burnout in the morning. And hey, nothing to piss hot on either.

---

Ziv returns to the briefing table in full suit again, stepping from foot to foot with some eagerness. "Mornin' General. Sounds like that depot is a mighty good time... maybe strike while the iron is hot, yeah?" The thought of wet-work wasn't completely horrible, but maybe on a planet with more of a city scene than "the one place big enough to land and unload ships."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 19:06

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The general cocks her head as Ziv holds his fist up before slowly and awkwardly returning his fist bump.

---

Mostly posting because I forgot to mention this but you guys get 600 1800 credits (=gp) total for completing the mission. You're free to split it up as you choose.

e: 1800cr!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Sep 5, 2016 around 04:56

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"I, uh..." Meriele awkwardly rubs at her zipped-up arm as she speaks, "I don't know. I'd prefer the investigation, I guess. Try and keep under the radar. And not in the middle of the fight." She gives an awkward smile to the others. "Sorry, I...guess fighting wasn't as easy as I thought it was. I just need some time. Maybe this'll help!" With an apologetic look, she turns to the general. "No offense. Just...blowing up a statue and killing a bunch of drow is - it's a bit much for a first timer." She sits back down on one of the stools. "If we can just take it easy with the lethal force and big explosions for a bit, that'd be...helpful."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"Want mission with wider space. Outside mission, shipment, sounds like wider space. Want that one. Will take either, though."

Stoaga just lays herself down and begins napping. Evidently she isn't especially enthused by the job.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

In a manner rather unbecoming an officer, Naivara sits in the back of the briefing room with her feet propped up on a chair. She couldn't help but feel relaxed. All the time spent underground just made her feel like a caged animal, she felt energized by fighting again. Last night she was in such a good mood she sat and sharpened her sword's blade to the sharpest it had ever been. She shadowboxed in her quarters, whatever she could to manage the endorphins lingering in her bloodstream. She empathized with Stoaga's lack of enthusiasm, especially since she'd put all the work into tweaking her weapons.

"Frankly, we need to gently caress up their supply lines. An army can't fight without supplies, and even delaying them by a few days buys us time. Whatever secret poo poo is hiding out in the depot can wait. It's already been there a week."

casting my vote for Redridge

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

The victors write history...a truism of sentient life as long as it has waged war against itself, for king and country. Hearing it did little to ease the entity's concerns, however.

It would have the rest of the night to read, to ponder, to consider this important facet of existence. It would have much rather slept.

--

The entity leans against a wall in the brief. There was not enough information to make a fair decision, in its opinion. What was this object? What was in the shipment? What caused their previous agent to suddenly go radio silent? Not to mention that their faces, their identities, were public knowledge. What could they possibly do in secret now? Disguises, false papers and IDs, can only go so far. How many times had the entity overheard soldiers discussing botched operations, missions with poor planning and execution that led to unnecessary...collateral damage?


<Given my nature, I am obviously ill-suited to covert operations. However, if it is as you say and both tasks are important, is there any reason we could not split our forces?>

A pause.

<I understand I must sound like a broken record asking this question again, but I believe it worth asking either way. There is sometimes power to be gained in separation, if only temporarily.>

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"Our intel indicates that the supply depot is too heavily guarded for anything less than a full team attacking it.

"Now, for Redridge. We've arranged transportation for you leaving at 12:00. You should arrive by 13:15. We don't know much about our informant; he was never an official member of the resistance, but we know she's a human who works at a gas station on Ridge Street. Glamorous, huh? Must be how she gets his info I'd imagine. Anyway, our dead drop spot is at the corner of Spring Street and Ayles Road, on the underside of a mail dropbox.

"Any questions?. Also, you can pay a quick visit to the quartermaster before you go if you need some new gear. Good luck out there."

---

Operation Seeking Swan
12:00 26 May, 3527GC

You all load into the back of a black Cyjat Teko minivan, and begin the long ride out to Redridge. The countryside looks calm, peaceful even, despite the occupation. Redridge is a small town of about 50,000. There's virtually no Vular presence here except for the convoys that pass through occasionally, stopping for gas and rest along the way. You drop off in the main road cutting through town, Ridge St, near an apartment building and a small business plaza containing a laundromat, dry cleaners, a nail shop and a hair salon.

fake edit: you guys can RP for during the ride too, I just wanted to get an intro post up too!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2016 around 23:01

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

At the Rebel Base

Though she remains quiet for a long time, when the time for questions come she comes to the fore again. "Do we have some communication options? Short-range comms maybe? Splitting up might be necessary - it's a small town, a party of six looking like we do will stick out like a sore thumb. I mean, I figure we don't want to alert any particularly patriotic feeling people. We got away more or less without witnesses in the square, but that doesn't mean we don't look suspicious anyway if we show up like this to a dead drop."

----

At Redridge

Meriele exits the vehicle with a relieved sigh, taking in the quiet atmosphere of the country-side town with a muted smile. "Alright, well...let's see what we got here in town." She brushes one hand through her hair, and lets her eyes glide over the street. "Maybe we can find a diner or a cafe where some of us can set up shop while others get the dead drop?"

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"Good idea, Meri," the general says. "I'll have the quartermaster outfit you guys with some short range radios before you go. Just be careful; they're not secure, so don't say anything too sensitive over them. Maybe codewords?"

You each get a short range radio that will allow you to communicate with each other while you're around town.

---

During your drive through town, you noticed two gas stations on Ridge Street. One is near the edge of town, a PG station. There's not much around it of note other than a bar, the Rough Edge. The other is a Lonaco station in the middle of town by the business district, with a restaurant and multiple shops near it.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Sep 11, 2016 around 22:11

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

<Our first priority should be determining exactly when, where, and how this agent went dark. The question we should be wondering about is this: if I were sending an important shipment...where would it go?>

It scans the horizon, looking for...well, for anything, really. Which there didn't seem to be much of.

<What is supposed to be here? Perhaps, in nothingness, the Imperium found something; something like a haystack in which to place their particular needle. The vastness, the emptiness of nothing is not to be underestimated. In this space, we will find our room to breathe.>

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

"Our anomalous ally does have a point about visibility: some of us are more conspicuous than others. I could at least pretend to be someone's servant or property; I have experience in this type of subterfuge, and once someone believes I am part of the help I become essentially invisible. But..." He looked over to Unsung. "I do not suppose throwing a coat and hood on you would work...?"

---

He played out possible scenarios in his head without success. There was simply too little to go on and too much left to chance to make accurate predictions or develop a consensus. "Two gas stations. Two possibilities, and there is no guarantee dropping hints would be safe even at the correct location. As newcomers our options are limited and we will not get many chances to endear ourselves to the locals. I believe you are right Meri, our best option may be to collect the dead drop first and see what further information is available to us. I will volunteer to accompany whoever goes to collect it; I would be even more obviously out of place at an eatery."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga raises her now-covered hand. "Can collect item. Will collect item. Very quick. Very quiet. But cannot take mask off. Sun too bright. Call sign 'Redeye.' Will remain quiet."

She...doesn't actually leave her teammates much time before she checks a holomap and then heads on her way, her natural speed giving her quite the head-start on Kvardek. Evidently she wasn't planning on wasting time, much less proceeding with any objective that wasn't mandatory.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv spends the drive over testing his radio, taking the time to imagine codenames for each of his allies. "Hmmm..."

"Ghost Face."

"Tin Can."

"Enigma."

"Starlet."

"Brick Shithouse." He decides not to try that one out. "Captain."

He gestures to himself with a thumb. "Mmm... how about Made Man?"

Once all that's agreed upon, Ziv begins breaking down most of his gear. He'll stick to thick slacks and long sleeves to hide the mechanical bits of his suit, but he'll need to stow the helmet, the heavier coat and most of the gear. Lucky thing the staff halves back down to it's original maintenance tool size, neatly sliding into itself, just like the advanced ratchet that serves as the base. He stows everything in a carrying backpack and takes solace in that at least he can carry most of it instead of wearing it.

Thinking fast, he offers the coat to Unsung. "I reckon you are a bit uh, too unique. Itself bein' a unique problem to have."

---


Zivilyn

Hopping out of the van, Ziv's just another pointy-eared country boy with some piercings, plain clothes and just enough of a groomed face to pass any inspections. He gives the others a two finger salute and grins, heading off to the Rough Edge. "I'll keep in touch."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The Rough Edge
Ziv, as you walk into the bar, you notice that no one looks up at you, an unassuming elf, other than the bartender, an older dwarf with gray hair pulled back into a braid. The Rough Edge is a small hole in the wall, and the inside shows it. It's dark and loud inside, and the wood paneled walls are coated with a thin sticky film tinged with dirt. Signs for different brands of beer line the wall behind the bar, seemingly brighter than the dull yellow glow cast by the hanging lamps. Looking around the room, you notice a group of people quietly playing pool, a four people playing darts with drinks in hand, and the rest scattered around the bar area or sitting at tables around the room, loudly conversing over the generic rock music blaring from the jukebox in the corner.

You can roll perception to notice if anything is off in the room or to notice any suspect people


Spring St. & Ayles Rd

You find a small slip of paper stuck to the bottom of the mailbox with a green and white PG magnet. On the paper is a neatly handwritten list:

pre:
Scheduled:
5/24: 1  Guard, 1 Ammo
5/25: 1 Food
5/26: 1 Food
5/27: 1 Guard, 1 Food, 1 Ammo
5/28: 1 Guard, 1 Food, 1 Supply
5/29: 3 Guard, 1 Weapon, 1 Ammo 1 ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara chooses to forgo her usual eye black and places her clothing over top of her armor. Thankfully, special forces armor is tough but light. She figures out a way to hide her sword down the leg of her pants, making note to be cautious of the bend of her leg.

"It's not like anyone can actually see any of the hardware in my brain, so I'll post up at one of the restaurants." Naivara selects a restaurant that appears to be casual and relatively busy. The sort of place where nobody would pay much mind someone hanging around for a while, seemingly minding their own business.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«22 »