Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«22 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


You hear an audible, very mechanical sounding click a moment after you swipe the card. Pushing open the door, you see a small loading area with a few collapsed cardboard boxes neatly bundled beside the locked trash compactor. There are two different sizes of boxes there; some of the boxes seem roughly six feet long, while others are smaller, about 3 feet. "Site 4" is written on them in black, permanent marker, and they are labelled with unnumbered barcode stickers.

Continuing through the doorway, you open up to a dark gray metal freight elevator to your right and a large, spartan, black tiled lobby to your left. Abstract steel sculptures line the walls of the lobby, and in the center you see a Drow dressed in a Vular peacekeeping uniform fast asleep at a desk with a computer monitor in front of him that has a grid of all of the camera feeds. It's hard to make them out from here, but you can tell there's 6 cameras in total.


Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele, before moving into the lobby, quietly starts inspecting the boxes. "Let's see if we can find out what they're doing here." She checks the crates for locks or alarms, and only after confirming that there aren't any, tries to open them. "Any bets?" comes the lighthearted question in a whisper, as she attempts to open the first six-foot box she can get into.

Thievery at 1d20+2=7 to open any locked boxes. Probably gonna need some help with that.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


(gonna run with the idea of uncollapsed, locked, tough, plastic boxes being present)

The lid on the box doesn't budge as you fiddle with the relatively low-tech lock, though your examination of the box reveals that the lid may be pried off too, though it would be harder (and louder) than unlocking it. There is actually a crowbar on the side of the room next to a storage cabinet containing cleaning supplies that appears to be present for just that purpose. In any case, there's surely a key somewhere in the building that will open these crates. The lock on the crates looks like two small holes in a straight line, somewhat like this: ( : ).

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

So far so good. Kvardek locked eyes with Zivilyn. Without speaking he pointed at the sleeping guard, then balled the hand up into a fist while tilting his head to one side. Is it acceptable to knock this one out?, he was trying to sign. He is sleeping, but may wake up soon.

If I get the go-ahead, I'm going to do it so don't wait for me to post again.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Perception 17...Passive Perception 23

Ziv flashes Kvardek the thumbs up and heads in with him to KO the guard and check the camera feeds. Maybe give a helping staff strike or little electric taze. Always a team player. "I reckon we saw four cameras outside at best, so time ta' reverse engineer where th' others are via careful observation..." Assuming four to cover all approaches from outside, Ziv's hoping that at least 1-2 of the camera feeds are internal and pointing at targets of interest.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Kvardek's punch to the back of the guard's head knocks him out immediately--and silently. Looking at the camera monitor, the top two feeds flick between the four cameras covering the outside of the building. The second row of cameras seems to show this floor. One camera is apparently above the back elevator, overlooking the lobby and one trained on the loading dock from the inside. The last two are apparently in the basement. One overlooks a corridor of cells with medical beds in them. There are 4 cells, and each one has a girl in its bed with a white linen blanket draped neatly over their body, leaving only their heads exposed. The last camera is trained on what looks to be an operating room, with cabinets with tools along the walls and an empty table with arm and leg straps sitting directly in the middle of it.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Nov 17, 2016 around 08:03

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga chimes in with a somewhat uncharacteristic bit of tactical advice, pointing at the feed of the cells.

"That place, risky to travel. Prisoner calls for help, makes noise, demands assistance, causes alert. Cells likely alarmed, or require key. Unsure if this is research camp, or more dark thing. Will not compromise mission for POW at moment, however. Too many unknowns. But, can fix."

She notes the elevator and gives it a quick point.

"Lift is known unknown. Must keep watch for new arrivals. Meanwhile, can check other rooms, find supplies, procure useful tools. Like key."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara breaks her silence, being uncommonly quiet while entering the building.

"I'll admit, sneaking and searching aren't exactly my fortes. I'll keep watch on the elevator. I can handle it myself if poo poo goes tits-up in here."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


(I'm going off of Ziv's perception roll for this stuff)

The room opposite the loading dock appears to be a break room. A tv with the volume down is playing the game show network, a healthy distraction from super secret lab activities. Looking at the lockers, Ziv notices one whose combination lock was accidentally left slightly unlatched. In the locker you find an id card with the logo of the Imperium and a picture of a female drow scientist named Uryne Tyrlat. You also find a set of keys--including one that appears to match the boxes in the loading dock.

The other room appears to be an office of sorts, with about 6 cubicles each with computers in them. They're all locked, but you notice a sticky note with "YRylat - Dr0wSsAp" written on it. Typing that in as a username-password combination unlocks the computer. There's a clutter of icons on the desktop, but most are just word documents containing notes such as "Don't steal other people's food from the breakroom!" and "Keep door closed at all times!". One folder, however, seems interesting. It's named "shipments", and in it are spreadsheets for each month. It appears they get two shipments a month. "Incoming:" for each month seems to be dominated by various configurations of "xlimb" such as "xlimb, series a, arm, right" and "xlimb, series b, leg, left". You also see may entries of "tools, surgical, sterile" and "soap, antibacterial" with a couple "case, sealable, 6ft" and "case, sealable, 3ft". About once a month they appear to recieve "case, life support". "Outgoing:" seems largely sparse, with some instances of "case, 6ft, sealed" and "case, 3ft, sealed". Roughly once per month in outgoing they ship out "case, life support, filled".

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Nov 18, 2016 around 21:40

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

A cold, vast dread grabs a hold of Meriele as she reads the shipments and watches the cameras. This was different than the fear she felt in battle, the fear of violence she had never before employed. This was simply existential terror. "It's another lab," she whispers. Her eyes turn hollow as she turns back to the others. "We have to get those girls out of here. I don't care what it takes. We can't let them stay here a minute longer." Memories of her time on the Incandescence flash through her head. The sterile rooms, the uniformed drow, the ceaseless experiments - she tries to search them for the name she found on the ID - perhaps it was someone from there? She wasn't sure if she wanted that to be the case or not.

History at 1d20+6=10 to see if I recognize the name Tyrlat.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Tyrlat... Tyrlat... The name begins to come back to you. You remember hearing her name each time before you went under for surgery. She was there every time, looking down at you with a surgical mask covering her face. You remember that it was her that seemed to be in charge of the surgeries that you were forced to have. She always seemed to be as kind to you as she could be, given the circumstances--trying to comfort you as you went under and asking how you were feeling as you woke up. You remember her checking on you a couple times even between surgeries and tests as well... despite being in charge of surgery, she seemed to care about her patients--or test subjects as they were.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Nov 18, 2016 around 21:55

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

"...Incoming shipments. Sounds interesting. Perhaps I am being too eager to form connections, but is it possible the incoming shipments we are meant to intercept are heading for this facility? If they are on a regular schedule..." He compared the dates on the shipping list received from the dead drop to the dates on the receiving list in front on him; he knew the special cargo was scheduled for the 29th, so if this facility received the "case, life support" on or around the 29th each month... well, it would still be only circumstantial evidence, if strong. That would be something they could use to cover themselves if this raid spooked the drow into cancelling the shipment. "We should make copies of these documents as well as the video feeds. We could-"

code:
WARNING!
This series of actions may increase public antipathy towards drow among the people of the Plisean Alliance in general and
Teris in particular.
Long term effect on the Divine Plan unknown.
Blessed Vessel #0040 'Kvardek' does not have authorization to make decisions of this magnitude without oversight.
This war and Sesnau's death was not included in the Divine Plan either. Unless it was, in which case was it not possible he was sent with the expectation he would act in precisely this way? He irritably issued a mental override. "As I was saying, this material could be useful for propaganda purposes. There is a strong taboo towards experimentation on sentient beings which could be exploited."

He did not fully understand Meriele's strange reaction but was agreeable to her suggestion. "I agree with Merry. On top of being the decent thing to do, it is not immediately clear what is being done here. We will need their testimony to fill in the gaps in our knowledge."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Your sniper's eyes widen a bit in surprise at this turn of events.

"Place is not secure. Rescue would be too risky to perform first. Enemies would attempt to destroy evidence of wrongdoing before removing intruders, would radio ahead, redirect shipments. Should capture outpost first, confirm extraction method for self and prisoners, find covert means of contacting handlers." She continues a bit, trying to appeal to a more tactical approach, but given the choice of "morality first" seems to quickly be forming as a consensus, she just sighs and lowers her face mask.



"Unhappy with prospects being uncertain, but will acquiesce. Just do not compromise mission and everyone for sake of heroics."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Our first priority is that special shipment, we need info on that. I reckon we can save everybody after we lock that down." He looks over at the comatose fella. "We're a bit past the point where we worry about whether or not they tighten up security, Ghost-Face. I think them fellas back at the apartment will eventually beat their door in a straight fight."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Upon further inspection of the computers on this level, it appears that the office on this level is purely administrative, and you will not likely find any further information in these specific computers. There may be other computers somewhere else in the building with more information though...

Kvardek - Looking at the shipment data you notice that the filled life support containers tend to ship towards the end of the month, typically within the last week, though not always on the same exact date.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"I agree. Mission priority is the shipment. The fact of the matter is these girls HAVE been here while we've been trying to piece everything together. They'll survive a little while longer while we deal with what we came here for. Let's keep looking for information."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

"If we need information we will need to get to the lower levels. There is not enough information on these systems about what they have been doing here or what route the expected shipment is taking. I believe someone more skilled with computers than I could alter the security cameras here to remove our presence; the only thing I can do is turn them off."

Let's make a decision about the cameras and move along to the bottom levels, this game is in danger of stalling out and I think we need to move on.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


TheArchimage posted:


Kvardek

"If we need information we will need to get to the lower levels. There is not enough information on these systems about what they have been doing here or what route the expected shipment is taking. I believe someone more skilled with computers than I could alter the security cameras here to remove our presence; the only thing I can do is turn them off."

Let's make a decision about the cameras and move along to the bottom levels, this game is in danger of stalling out and I think we need to move on.

Someone can make an Arcana check to alter camera footage before you guys head downstairs.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"Let me see what I can do." Meriele steps up with a steeled face as she attempts to produce something from the systems. Her computer skills aren't particularly great - she was never a hacker or systems expert - but when you spend a few years on the run, you pick up a few tricks here and there. It was going to be a hackjob, but a hackjob would have to do.

Arcana at 1d20+10=14.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Don't fret none, I think I can hack this gibson." Ziv gives it the old college try before heading for the stairs.

Arcana 16

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Though Meriele fails, Ziv is able to break into the security computer and delete the surveillance footage and shut the cameras off, masking your identities. You all then head for the elevator to the lower floor.

The doors of the elevator open up to a long hallway. The wall to your left has two way mirrored windows along it overlooking the captives' cells. There are a series of closed doors along the wall to your right, but the open area to your right--a guard station--draws your urgent attention. You hear the sound of a chair being rapidly pushed back. "Hey! Who are you? You're not supposed to be here!" a drow wearing a military uniform shouts. "poo poo!" his companion adds, "Lets get them!" The two drow stand up and draw riot batons, moving towards you. Alerted by the guards calling, a lanky female drow wearing a lab coat and glasses steps out of a door down the hallway. "Hey! Stop them! They must not interfere with our research!" She reaches back in the room and pulls out a staff before returning to the hallway, ready to fight.

Initiative:
Naivara Initiative: 1d20+4 24
Drow Scientist Initiative: 1d20+3 19
Kvardek Initiative: 1d20+2 16
Stoaga Initiative: 1d20+9 16
Meriele Initiative: 1d20+2 11
Drow Guards Initiative: 1d20+6 10
Ziv Initiative: 1d20+3 7
Unsung Initiative: 1d20+1 4



Drow Scientist HP: ?? AC: ?? Fort: ?? Ref: ?? Will: ??
Drow Guard [red] HP: ?? AC: ?? Fort: ?? Ref: ?? Will: ??
Drow Guard [blue] HP: ?? AC: ?? Fort: ?? Ref: ?? Will: ??

NOTE: You may move up to 2 squares for free taking effect before combat starts!! If you want to, please post as soon as possible.

Up now: Naivara

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 1, 2016 around 08:33

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn


2 Square move to D17

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

Move: to C14

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Upon noticing the scientist,Naivara devises a quick plan before entering the fight. "I don't give a poo poo who goes, but we need to split up so we can interfere with the research."*

Naivara cracks her knuckles and flings herself into the melee, seemingly teleporting across the room, focusing on drawing the guards' attentions onto her. She focuses her attention on the nearest guard and soundly cracks the guard in the jaw with a right cross.

Move to h15
Free: Speed of thought
Minor: Mark red and blue guards using Battlemind's Demand (Aug 1)
Standard: Attack guard (blue) with Conductive Defense (0) vs Ref: 1d20+9 26 1d10+5 12

*It's just a suggestion. I wanted to make the post rather than wait for responses in Discord.


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 40/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	1/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Dec 2, 2016 around 04:19

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"You must leave at once!" the scientist yells, rushing towards the party. She stops at once when she sees Naivara punch the guard. "Fine, you leave me no choice," she says. She slams down her staff and a cloud of nanomachines fly out, swarming around everyone's head. Unsung, however, is able to swat them away without suffering any ill effects. With one hand on her staff, she then points it at Kvardek and presses a button on it. The nanoswarm around his head briefly lights up before flickering out. "drat pieces of junk," the scientist exclaims before placing her left hand back on the staff, readying it for her defense. She then addresses the guards, "We must protect the lab and the subjects at all costs. We cannot let them set us back!"


Move: To b8
Minor: Hex vs Will: 1d20+11 29 1d20+11 20 1d20+11 25 1d20+11 15 1d20+11 29 1d20+11 20 (left to right, top to bottom) -- Hits everyone but Unsung
Hit: the target is hexed (save ends). While the target is hexed, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and damage rolls against the Drow Scientist.
Standard: Suppressive Curse vs Fortitude: 1d20+11 13 at Kvardek




Initiative:
Naivara Initiative: 1d20+4 24
Drow Scientist Initiative: 1d20+3 19
Kvardek Initiative: 1d20+2 16
Stoaga Initiative: 1d20+9 16
Ziv Initiative: 1d20+3 7 16
Meriele Initiative: 1d20+2 11
Drow Guards Initiative: 1d20+6 10
Ziv Initiative: 1d20+3 7
Unsung Initiative: 1d20+1 4


Drow Scientist HP: ?? AC: ?? Fort: ?? Ref: ?? Will: ??
Drow Guard [red] HP: 63/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Marked by Naivara]
Drow Guard [blue] HP: 51/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Marked by Naivara]

Up now: Kvardek Stoaga Meriele Ziv

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 2, 2016 around 05:41

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

The nanomachines failed to do any real damage, but they were playing havoc with his targeting. It should clear up in a moment. In the meantime he could not rest on his laurels. He strode toward the scientist, his blasts careening off the walls. "We have questions to ask you about your research," he said. "Lay down your weapon and no harm will come to you." He did not think it would work, but it was worth the attempt.

Move: to E8, Shadow Walk activates.
Minor: Warlock's Curse, Drow Scientist is cursed.
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige to Drow Scientist.
Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+7+1-2 10 1d6+1d6+4-2 14
Whiff by a lot.

End of Turn:Saving Throw: 1d20 1
That's a bust too.


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 35/35 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 8)	For:  16    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +2		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 14    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common	
Status: Concealment (Melee and Ranged attacks against you get a -2 penalty to the attack roll.)

Melee Basic: +9 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Assassin's Bane  
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Clarion Call
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv strides forward, confidently fiddling through some HUD UI in his helmet before closing the distance to one of the guards, servos along his arms firing as he takes up his staff. His form shimmers and he steps around the befuddled man, taking advantage of his need to not look away from Naivara. A shame there's more than one threat to his life around these parts.

With one fast machine-assisted motion Ziv cracks him across the back of the skull, the whole thing a barely visible shimmer in the air and a crack of thunder. "What's say we make this quick, pick these boys off and ask the egg-head after the fact. I'm hopin' bein' underground diminishes escape options and all... but if not, maybe one of ya can stick ta her." He coolly spins his staff once and holds his stance, ready and waiting. The nanites aren't that annoying... yet.

Move: Move to G13
Minor: Wild Shape and Shift to H13, Flanking!
Standard: Pounce vs Blue's Reflex, hit on 17
13 Damage
Save: 3, failed.

Blue grants CA to the next Attack he takes before end of my next turn.

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 30/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 7)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	18      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +7
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The guard quickly reacts as Ziv moves beside him. "Halt!" he says, as he lashes out with his baton.

Impetuous Spirit (immediate reaction, when an enemy leaves an adjacent square; at-will) ✦ Weapon
The drow guard makes a melee basic attack against an enemy, even if the enemy is shifting


MBA vs AC: 1d20+10 23 1d8+3 4

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"Enemies located. Beginning assault." Stoaga begins her assault, aiming not with the scope but from simple pointing to hit the foot of the now-flanked guard with live ammunition. Her shot rings true, and seems to hit quite the sensitive area, tearing through it with gusto.

Clever Shot!: 1d20+16 32
Damage!: 1d10+6 16
Blue is now Prone.

Action Point!

Her attention then turns to the fleeing scientist, and she removes her magazine, replacing it with a singular round with an attachment to it: a length of barbed wire. Her shot lodges itself firmly in the chest of the scientist, the wire getting caught on it until the next part of the attack happens: Stoaga yanks the round out and tosses away the length of wire in one deft tug, dragging the target closer to the action.

Clever Shot!: 1d20+12 32
CRITICAL!: 1d6+16 18
Scientist dragged to B10.

quote:

HP: 29/29 AC: 17 Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 8/8 (V: 7) For: 14 Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +14 Ref: 17 Action Points: 1 0
Speed: 7 Will: 13 Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will Encounter
Aimed Shot [ ] Second Wind
Clever Shot [ ] Elven Accuracy
Rapid Shot [ ] Disruptive Shot
(Active) Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx
Aspect of the Seeking Falcon

Melee: +12, 1d8+4
Ranged: +12, 1d10+6

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2016 around 02:08

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!



Meriele

Move: to D11
Standard: Staggering Note vs Will: 1d20+10 18 4 on the Blue Guard; enemy is pushed 2 squares and an ally may make an MBA as a free action before, during, or after this movement.

Naivara Free: MBA vs AC: 1d20+9 17 +2 for CA = 19 1d10+3 4


Note: On second thought, I edited the move to a different, more optimal one but kept the same roll.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2016 around 19:05

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"If they won't leave, we're gonna have to kill 'em!" the guard with the blue badge says. He takes a mighty swing at Naivara, though he completly misses her. "gently caress," he mutters before taking another great swing at her, this time solidly connecting on her side.

Move: Stand up from prone
Standard: Attack Naivara: 1d20+10 11 1d8+3 7
Free: Martial Recovery: MBA vs AC: 1d20+10 27 1d8+3 11

The guard with the red badge must be the quiet type. He silently nods and moves up to Naivara and attacks her with his baton, letting out a soft grunt as he does, hitting her on her sword arm and dealing somewhat light damage.

Move: Move to i15
Standard: MBA vs AC: 1d20+10 24 1d8+3 6



Initiative:
Naivara [Hexed by Scientist]
Drow Scientist HP: 47/65 AC: 19 Fort: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 17
Kvardek [Hexed by Scientist]
Stoaga [Hexed by Scientist]
Ziv [Hexed by Scientist]
Meriele
Drow Guard [red] HP: 63/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Marked by Naivara]
Drow Guard [blue] HP: 14/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Bloodied; Marked by Naivara]
Unsung


Stoaga forgot to roll her save and I forgot to roll Meriele's in her post, so I rolled them here: Save vs Hex (Meri, Stoaga): 1d20 17 1d20 8


Up now: Unsung

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009


Oath the Scientist, move to B11, Relentless Attack it for 16, push it to B8 and shift into A8


Hit and damage

Also, I'm alive, just posting on the run here. After this combat I should be good.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




Initiative:
Naivara [Hexed by Scientist]
Drow Scientist HP: 31/65 AC: 19 Fort: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 17
Kvardek [Hexed by Scientist]
Stoaga [Hexed by Scientist]
Ziv [Hexed by Scientist]
Meriele
Drow Guard [red] HP: 63/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Marked by Naivara]
Drow Guard [blue] HP: 14/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Bloodied; Marked by Naivara]
Unsung

Up now: Naivara

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara's arm and side ache, but she shrugs it off. With the threat of death now looming, she draws her sword and attempts to retaliate for the attack. She misses, possibly impeded by the pain in her arm.

Conductive Defense (0) vs Ref: 1d20+9 13 1d10+5 12

Saving throw: 1d20 5

pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 23/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	1/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Dec 4, 2016 around 00:45

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"No! We will kill no one, Uvaris!" the scientist chidingly calls to the guard. She angrily slams her staff on the ground, releasing more nanoswarms, though Unsung again manages to elude them. She then points her staff towards the melee in the guard post and presses another button. The swarms seem to intensify but the effect fails to hinder Ziv or Naivara. Meriele, however, is harried by the swarm and sent staggering backwards into the wall, which she bounces off of and falls down.

"Please, lay down your arms and surrender. We do not wish to hurt you any further," she pleads to you.

Recharge: 1d6 3
Move: Shift to c9
Minor: Hex vs Will: 1d20+11 16 1d20+11 31 on Unsung, Meriele
Standard: Capricious Swarm vs Will: 1d20+11 13 1d20+11 18 1d20+11 15 1d10+3 4 on Ziv, Meriele, Naivara. Meriele is hit and slid to a16 and is knocked prone.



Initiative:
Naivara [Hexed by Scientist]
Drow Scientist HP: 31/65 AC: 19 Fort: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 17
Kvardek [Hexed by Scientist]
Stoaga [Hexed by Scientist]
Ziv [Hexed by Scientist]
Meriele [Prone; Hexed by Scientist]
Drow Guard [red] HP: 63/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Marked by Naivara]
Drow Guard [blue] HP: 14/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Bloodied; Marked by Naivara]
Unsung

Up now: Kvardek, Stoaga, Ziv, Meriele

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

"You are outnumbered and outgunned. You must accept our offer of surrender, for your threats are not credible." For all that he said that, though, the nanomachines were doing a fine job of preventing him from hitting anything. Perhaps a change of target was needed?

Standard:Eyes of the Vestige to the Scientist.
Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+7+1-2 13 1d6+1d6-2+4 9
Another whiff.
Move: to E14, activating Shadow Walk
Minor: Warlock's Curse to blue guard, he is cursed.
Saving Throw: 1d20 16
No more Hex.


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 35/35 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 8)	For:  16    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +2		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 14    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common	
Status:Concealment (Melee and Ranged attacks against you get a -2 penalty to the attack roll.)

Melee Basic: +9 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Assassin's Bane  
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Clarion Call
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at Dec 4, 2016 around 01:44

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Thinking fast, Ziv has an extended staff vs baton duel with Blue Guard. He barely edges ahead and activates the firing mechanism while nothing is loaded, simply causing a machine-powered extension directly into the guard's gut. He shouts off to the side while his foe is reeling: "Ya really reckon anyone falls for that? Surrender or else, we don't wanna hurt you? I mean, it'd be real unfortunate if'n we had to bruise ya before the execution?"

Whiffing a PounceBarely Hits says GM for 13 Damage
Save Fails

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 26/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 7)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	18      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2016 around 18:46

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga hisses in response to the offer. "Will not surrender when clearly outmatching opponent. Lives of enemies has no bearing on objective." She raises up her rifle, sharpens her vision, and looks through the scope, and replaces her magazine, looking to put a bullet right between the eyes of her target.

Swapping to Aspect of the Seeking Falcon.
Aimed Shot! at Blue: 1d20+12 22
Damage!: 1d10+6 9

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2016 around 18:52

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele stands up with a grunt. "You don't wish us any harm?" Her weaponized limb comes out of the sleeve, humming to life. "Please. I know what you do here!" She stretches out her arm, still looking at the scientist, and fires another blast of air that hits her target in the face, sending her reeling and allowing Unsung to deliver another strike. "You hurt everybody but yourself. Don't pretend otherwise."

Move; Stand up.
Standard; Staggering Note vs Scientist at 1d20+5=17. Hit for 4 thunder damage and push her to A7. Unsung gets to make an MBA at 1d20+10=29, hitting for 2d6+3=6 damage.
Save; vs Hex at 1d20=14. No longer Hexed.


pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 18    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: Make a free MBA when you Fey Step.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"NO! Uvaris!!" the guard shouts as he sees his buddy's head explode. "You will all PAY for this!" He hops away from ZIv and winds up, taking a great swing at Naivara, smashing her in the head. He turns and looks at Ziv. "Maybe we won't kill you," he says as he nods towards the patient rooms, "Maybe we'll toss you in there. And maybe we'll forget to use anesthesia too."

Move: Shift to i16
Standard: Attack Naivara: MBA vs AC: 1d20+10 30 1d8+3 9 Crit! 11 damage



Initiative:
Naivara [Hexed by Scientist]
Drow Scientist HP: 21/65 AC: 19 Fort: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 17
Kvardek
Stoaga
Ziv [Hexed by Scientist]
Meriele
Drow Guard [red] HP: 63/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Marked by Naivara]
Drow Guard [blue] HP: 0/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [DEAD]
Unsung

Up now: Unsung

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2016 around 19:53

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«22 »