Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
  • Post
  • Reply
PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009


Overwhelming Strike the Scientist for 9, I shift to B7, it goes to A8.


The roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




Initiative:
Naivara [Hexed by Scientist]
Drow Scientist HP: 12/65 AC: 19 Fort: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 17
Kvardek
Stoaga
Ziv [Hexed by Scientist]
Meriele
Drow Guard [red] HP: 63/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Marked by Naivara]
Drow Guard [blue] HP: 0/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [DEAD]
Unsung

Up now: Naivara

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara shakes her head, trying to shake herself out of a daze. She refocuses her attentions and wheels around to the guard behind her, turning her attentions to him. Her sword blade connects solidly with his torso, but not as forcefully as she had hoped.

Conductive Defense (0) vs Ref: 1d20+9 24 1d10+5 7

pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 12/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	1/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The scientist screams as she sees Stoaga kill the guard. "What is wrong with you people?" she asks. "What did we ever do to you? All we want to do is advance science and medicine! And you're ruining it! And murdering people too! For what??" she continues in a pleading tone. She then points her staff at Unsung and presses a button on it, sending the swarm floating around its head into a frenzy, clouding his very thoughts, making it impossible to focus. "Stop! Stop this bloodshead! Leave me be, leave US be!" she says to it as the swarm harries it.

Recharge: 1d6 4
Minor: Hex vs Will: 1d20+11 27 1d20+11 23 1d20+11 27 1d20+11 17 1d20+11 17 1d20+11 18 (Top to bottom; should hit everyone but Meri)
Move: Shift to b9
Standard:Suppressive Curse vs Fortitude: 1d20+11 17 on Unsung
Unsung is unable to use powers UEOMNT



Initiative:
Naivara [Hexed by Scientist]
Drow Scientist HP: 12/65 AC: 19 Fort: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 17
Kvardek [Hexed by Scientist]
Stoaga [Hexed by Scientist]
Ziv [Hexed by Scientist]
Meriele
Drow Guard [red] HP: 63/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Marked by Naivara]
Drow Guard [blue] HP: 0/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [DEAD]
Unsung [Hexed by Scientist; Suppressive Curse]

Up now: Kvardek Stoaga, Ziv, Meriele

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 9, 2016 around 06:38

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

The confounded nanomachines! Could they leave him no peace?

Minor: Curse red guard.
Move: to D11
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige to the Scientist.
Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+7+3-2 14 1d6+1d6-2+4 10
Miss again.


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 35/35 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 8)	For:  16    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +2		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 14    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common	
Status: None

Melee Basic: +9 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Assassin's Bane  
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Clarion Call
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"For what?" Meriele retorts, as she strides forward. "For the pain you inflict on innocent men and women. For the torture you bring them, while hiding behind the face of science!" Her arm hums with power, a purple glow throwing harsh shadows across the singer's face. "But hey, good news. You get to see the results of your Imperium's 'science' first hand." She disappears, giving Naivara a moment to step aside and regain her composure as the remaining guard and the scientist stare in unbelief...only to be shocked while Meriele appears right in front of the scientist, lashing out with her arm as she materializes. The drow can only barely bring up her staff to deflect the first blow, but Meriele is unfazed, lashing out again without stopping.

Her hand blows up with a lightshow, leaving a shocked expression on the scientist's face and a giant, smoking char on her chest as she collapses to the ground. Unsung is pulled through space-time once more, appearing next to Meri. "Go. Finish it," she grunts, breathing heavily as she stares at her defeated enemy.

Move; E12
Minor; Majestic Word on Naivara, who restores 14 HP and is slid to H16.
Move: Fey Step to B10.
Free: MBA vs Scientist at 1d20+10=15. Miss.

Action Point!

Standard: MBA vs Scientist at 1d20+10=28. Hit, invoking Lesser Dimensional Step for 2d8+5=15 damage. Scientist is dead, and Unsung gets teleported to B11.


pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 18    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Guiding Strike          [X] Lesser Dimensional Step          [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [X][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: Make a free MBA when you Fey Step.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Wahad fucked around with this message at Dec 9, 2016 around 13:55

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv slides around to the side and gives ol' Red a staff whack across the back of the noggin. "I get th' feeling you fellas never rehearsed this with that gal over there."

Move: to J15
Standard: Pounce hits Red for 11 Damage

He grants CA to the next Attack made against him.

Save Fails

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 26/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 7)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	18      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Dec 14, 2016 around 05:31

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"One target remains. Removing possibility of escape." Stoaga shoves a pair of ball bearings into her rifle and fires near the knees.

Disruptive Shot!: 1d20+14 33
Damage!: 1d10+6 12
Red is now Immobilized (save ends)

The ball bearings, tied together with wire, wrap themselves around the guardsman, effectively tying their legs together.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"You monsters!" the guard exclaims as he sees Meriele rip open the scientist's chest. "Why are you even here? The Imperium will not stand for this! FOR THE IMPERIUM!" he shouts as he takes a mighty swing at Naivara, connecting with her forearm, but the blow glances off, dealing only minimal damage.

MBA vs AC: 1d20+10 20 1d8+3 4



Drow Guard [red] HP: 1/63 AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 16 [Marked by Naivara]

We're gonna skip through some HP and just say next hit does lethal damage to red!

Up now: everyone!

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara's annoyance at the guard's attack causes her to miss her retaliatory attack at the guard.

Conductive Defense vs Reflex: 1d20+9 12 1d10+5 6

pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 12/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	1/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"That is not for you to decide."

Aimed Shot!: 1d20+12 23

Stoaga lines up a shot past Naivara to blow apart the exposed section of the guard's skull with another round.

"Location cleared. Cleanup and appraisal next?"

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"Yes...appraisal. We need to figure out our next move from here. Hopefully nobody knows what's happened down here..."

Naivara clenches her jaw and aimlessly fiddles with her sword. Unfortunately, the scientist would have been much more useful WITH her chest cavity intact. The more she thought about it, the less she could really blame Meri...

pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 12/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	1/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt
[/quote]

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


With all three drow down, you finally have a chance to search the place. Surveying the area, you note a small armory in the guard post. There is a neatly kept storage room directly adjacent to the open walled guard post, containing various chemicals, drugs, and medical supplies, including IV bags filled with anesthetic. It also contains the 6' black crates mentioned on the manifest upstairs. Next to that, the room the scientist came out of, is a lab. There are various types of microscopes and imaging devices such as an x-ray machine and an MRI, as well as a whiteboard with diagrams of various artificial limbs. To the left of that is a testing chamber, with various targets set up. On the other side of the hall, opposite the testing area, is the operating room. A padded metal table with movable arm and leg parts, fitted with thick nylon restraint straps sits directly in the center of the room, with an ultra bright operating light above it. Surgical tools are stored in drawers lining the room.

Searching these areas further, you find {one uncommon level 2 magic item each}.

Next to the operating room are the patient rooms. Each one has a girl bundled under a white blanket. The rooms are barren, save for a vital sign monitor on a stand next to the bed, a wire running under the blanket. The first girl you approach is staring at the ceiling in silence, seemingly oblivious to you as you enter the room, but you can see from under her blanket that she's shaking in fear.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele, unsurprisingly, heads straight for the patient rooms, not even answering the others. She leaves the door open as she enters, but is taken aback for a moment at the sight so familiar to her. "Hey there..." she starts, trying to keep her voice soothing. She was in control now. They couldn't hurt her here anymore. No matter what the memories flashing through her head told her. "You're safe now. They're not going to hurt you anymore. I promise." Her jacket falls off, showing off the spot on her shoulder where the strange artificial limb joins with flesh. "I was like you, once, kept in a room like this with so many others. But I got out. And now I'm going to get you and all the others in here out too." The former singer extends her biological hand, gently, inviting the shivering girl to come with her. "Can you move?"

Picked up Amulet of Mental Resolve.

pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  13    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Guiding Strike          [X] Lesser Dimensional Step          [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [X][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Amulet of Mental Resolve: +2 to saves against charm, illusion, sleep keywords.
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: Make a free MBA when you Fey Step.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The young lady, probably in her early 20s, shakes her head. "N-no," she says softly. "They have us strapped to the beds..." Her voice quivers as she talks to you. Removing the blanket, you see that she is strapped down tightly to the bed by her arms, legs and torso with thick nylon restraints. Her upper body seems to be intact, but her legs have been replaced with sleek metal ones. There appears to be an inhibitor hooked up to them, powering them down and preventing her from using them to break out of her restraints.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

(Grabbing a Badge of the Berserker +1. Those neck gains to Defenses and a passive to ignore OAs when Charging!)

"Woah now. This is a bit of a bad scene." Ziv makes the rounds and stops to very closely study the medical records and the supplies they're using to treat these girls.

(I'm not sure which roll would cover it so have a spread.)

Heal 8
Nature 23
Passive Insight 21
Passive Perception 23

Ziv is trying to pick up on anything that relates to the process of applying and treating the grafts, including anything covering the usual dangers of amputation and transplant. He isn't the best medic but he can certainly follow along in the treatment of the biological... basically, he's a doctor, but not THAT kind of doctor! "Hey Starlet, I reckon y'all are members of the same survivors club. Before we free these girls we gotta know what they need treatment for, especially any long term. Lucky us, I think them over-enthusiastic lab workers have left us a good set of starter supplies. Just gotta know how they work." Ever the gentleman, Ziv helps unstrap the girl's arms and torso so she can sit up. He gestures to her legs and asks her to wait a bit. "And if'n there's anything you can tell us about your treatment here... somehow, I don't think they're too concerned about patient comfort, yeah? Yer legs feel uh... safe? Usable?"

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 30/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 7/8 (V: 7)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	16	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


(You are able to find an ebook on how to care for artificial limb transplants, as well as enough antibiotics, painkillers and anti-rejection meds to get them acclimated to their limbs safely.)

The girl sits up and rubs her wrists as she is let out of her restraints. She shakes her head, "No... not at all. They keep us strapped down here all day. I guess they're afraid we'd use their technology against them. We only get to move when we're testing, which is when they let us eat too... They keep chips on our limbs when they don't have us testing to keep them deactivated. They work fine when the chip isn't there though" The girl pauses for a second before she breaks down crying. "It's horrible. So horrible," she sobs, "All we do is lay here and do tests like rats... like rats..." She covers her eyes with her hands and tries to roll over onto her side, her ankle restraints stopping her. "I don't even know how long I've been here... and my family, oh god, they must think I'm dead!"

After a moment she sits back up. She sniffs and wipes her eyes and looks up at Meriele. "You... you were one of us? But you... fight? I... I'm not sure I'm strong enough to... part of me wants to, but part of me wants to run, to hide from the ones who did this to me, but I don't know if I even can run far enough... Please, tell me, how did you get out? How did you find the strength to stand... to fight?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele's eyes turn distant as she is asked the question. "I...similarly to you, I guess. Somebody fought. Freed me. I ran." She rubs her bionic arm self-consciously, turning her head away. "It was chaotic. Bullets, alarms, screams..." Her voice quivers, and she takes a deep breath to center herself, turning back to the girl. "But I ran. It was the only thing I could do, the only thing I did for...years. I ran to here. And then the Imperium came, again." She places her hand gently on the girl's shoulder. "I didn't fight because I wanted to. But I couldn't run anymore when they locked the planet down. So I fight because I have to. I'm sorry - it's probably not what you wanted to hear. But sometimes circumstance conspires against you, and you have to do the things you didn't think you could. This is what I am now. What we are." She gestures at her arm and the girl's legs while she says that. "We have to make the best of it." She undoes the leg restraints as well, before trying to figure out a way to get them powered up again. "How many of you are there here? Do you know?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga sighs a little. "Now is not time for self-pity. Never the time. Must stand up, keep moving. Do not say 'cannot do.' White Legs tribe has weak skin, burns in bright sunlight. Did White Legs say 'cannot do,' and go underground? I think not." Stoaga drops a bit of the hood and jacket to show various scorch marks on herself from injuries exposed to sunlight, as well as the side of her face. "White Legs still see beauty in sunlight, and love current home. Built thick clothes, masks, goggles, and watch sunrise every morning. Did not cave under weakness. Conquered weakness, just like White Legs conquered giant beasts that roam planet. May look 'primitive' compared to Imperium, but Imperium cannot survive where White Legs live. Cannot remove White Legs from home. They have said 'cannot do,' and moved on. Now, as one would say in tribe, 'Stand Up, Stand Tall, Stand Proud!'" She offers a hand to the injured girl.

EDIT: Taking some Eagle Eye Goggles.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Dec 22, 2016 around 15:27

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Meriele is able to remove the inhibitor on the girl's legs, who then stands up gingerly. "Th-Thank you. I'll do my best to fight, and to not run... Do you have any idea how to? Right now I just want to get out of here, but you're right, I need to stand, to fight...

"And there are four of us here, though one just arrived the other day I think, so I'm not sure they've done anything to her yet. I hope not at least. I hope the rest of them are ok..."

Going through the other rooms, you find a a girl with a replaced right arm, turned into a giant cannon, and a girl with both arms replaced with seemingly 'normal' metal arms. You also find a fourth girl, unharmed, who appears to be your informant. As soon as you get to her room you hear her muffled screams. It appears they put a gag on her to keep her quiet. Upon removing the gag, she screams "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU PIECES OF poo poo! I'LL loving KILL YOU ALL!" You see her face change when she realizes you're not drow. "..Oh thank god, you're not them! Get me out of this poo poo then! Hurry!"

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 23, 2016 around 20:15

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Well, I might've just sat out all this business and tried to live the way I prefer, but them Imperium boys made that pretty hard. They pushed me into a corner so I pushed back." He jerks his arm up and gestures with his thumb over his shoulder back out the door. "I guess somebody should've told ol' Red and Blue back there that they might be fightin' more than strapped down prisoners." He takes a moment to size up the meds and separate them into portions for three, accidentally letting a bit of that trained scientist decorum shine through. He also backs up the e-book on his personal HUD and sees about getting the girls some copies, surely there's a few generic PDAs or the like to spare in a big ol' base like this. Hell, maybe Red, Blue and Peacenik were carrying some.

Speaking of which, once Ziv has the three converted girls set up with their "prescription" he double checks the corpse of the mopey scientist real thorough-like. Maybe find some more important orders, her credentials, hell maybe even the keys she uses to get around the building. "Our gig here was search and rescue but I got a real bad feeling they ain't gonna say "Oh well" and close up shop." He eyes up all the delicate tools they use, the surgery table, the diagnostics, the computers. "I guess the practical thing would be to break all this equipment, but even then I bet the Imperium has a good R&D budget." He cups his chin, while wearing a helmet, so it's not quite as soothing and conducive to thought. "Demolitions might send the right message..."

Once they happen upon the informant Ziv mimes a moment of consideration towards putting the gag back in, then affects a harmless shrug and frees her. "Howdy, miss. You seem to be a little extra deep cover. I admire that dedication."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


You find a few blank PDAs to flash the ebooks to in the storage area. You also find an ID badge/security card on the scientist, named Ivara Urelen. She also has an unlocked smartphone on her (most likely breaking a number of security protocols!). On it you find emails detailing the nature of the experiments, Project Optimum: building a better soldier through mechanical augmentation. They seem to be studying the surgical procedure, the performance of the replacement joints of various types, and the potential rejection of the new, artificial limbs. From research notes, you can tell that they target both men and women for kidnapping, but seem to have tended towards women in this installation lately for no stated reason. Judging from the context of the emails, this seems to be the lone scientific installation on Teris. You also see that the shipment that the installation was expecting on the 29th had been pushed up to very early in the morning on the 27th (tomorrow)--meaning the shipment is likely most of the way to Redridge at this point.

---

The informant responds belligerently, "Deep cover my rear end! These fucks KIDNAPPED me. For no loving reason either! They didn't ask poo poo about my lists. All they wanted to do is cut my loving arms off for god knows why. Are there any still alive? I'm gonna slit their loving throats! And don't leave without me either, I'm gonna kill every single one of these bastards for doing this to me. gently caress writing those lists, I wanna help you take out that convoy."

---

Gonna say you guys have some explosives that were given to you to help take down the convoy, and that you can use some (but not necessarily all) of them now to rig the place up to blow (now or later) if you'd like.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 29, 2016 around 04:00

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

While the others go about dealing with the informant and the important data, Meriele stays behind with the patients, making sure they have a small amount of comfort. "Look, I know this is going to be tough, but we're going to take you somewhere safe, alright? You'll get some care, and then hopefully you can stay safe. I don't know about contacting your family, that might have to...wait a while, but for now, at least, you'll be somewhere better than this." She shares some of her rations - not much, in the way of food, but probably better than they've had while cooped up in here. "That means you might have to run, though, or at least be fast enough not to slow us down. If there's guards or militia coming for us, we can cover your escape... but that means you'll have to stand on your own for a while. I just want you to be prepared for that." Her eyes are dead serious, but also worried.

"I believe in your strength - you lasted this long in here, after all - but I can't make promises I can't keep. So...things might go wrong. They might go wrong, and we'll all be back down here before the day's end. But I promise that I will fight as hard as I can to keep you all safe. No matter what. So I want you to promise me that you'll listen to us, for now, even when you're afraid, even when you're tired. That way...we can all get out of here alive."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara lets out a bark-like laugh after the informant finishes ranting. "You," she says pointing to the informant, "I like your style. There may not be too many throats around here for you, but poo poo - everyone in the Imperium's got one. I'm alright with bringing you along, just so long as you keep up with us."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

Kvardek could not quite manage to keep his opinions to himself as he saw the "research" being conducted. "Despicable," he murmured. "This is not science, this is butchery. The Church is a proud supporter of intellectual advancement, but unethical curiosity is worse than ignorance. I wholeheartedly support burning this place to the ground, once we collect the evidence to prove what was going on here."

He was less enthused about the informant's newfound bloodthirst. While extra hands were always needed in the rebellion, he did not like the idea of another unknown element for the upcoming battle. They were going to have to take that convoy, weren't they? If it was coming tomorrow, it may arrive without knowing the facility had been compromised.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"Thank you so much," the first girl you rescued says. "I understand having to run, but is there anywhere safe for us to go? Do you have a headquarters or something?" she asks.

---

"Thank you, I promise I won't let you down if you do take me. If not, I understand though," she says. "Oh by the way, the name's Michelle. Michelle Thurn."

(Should you choose to attack the convoy, Michelle is a level 2 human thief that you guys can control in the coming battle, if you'd like to take her)

So what's next? And if you are attacking the convoy, where are you going to hit it?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv gives the informant a quick little finger-gun gesture. "You're in, just keep a cool head. Ya listen to us and get outta this alive, yeah? They say the best revenge is livin' well..." He makes a quick lap around the science lab, deciding to do some quick sabotage of the delicate equipment he recognizes. A bit redundant, but drat if it ain't fun to intentionally bend bits on microscopes that'll ruin the whole thing, or to give quick punches to monitors and crack 'em. He also sets up some(but not all!) of the explosives they've got to blow later. "Hey, we need to break the elevator on our way out. Bar the stairs if they got 'em. Uh, maybe check the rest of the rooms. This place is set to blow... ya know, in a bit. Prolly around the same time we jump that convoy. Nothin' like a distraction, yeah?"

While he's at it, Ziv figures there's no tech like reverse engineered tech and checks around for any loose robotic limbs to grab one or two.

Ziv calls in for everybody's input on the convoy attack and offers his own. "We jump 'em soon, right outta town. Catch 'em without any guard posts or back up. Be far away from this buildin' before it blows or some big wig spider silker calls in and realizes their subordinates are too dead to radio back. Let's hit 'em within the next hour, I reckon?"

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Just figured I'd put up the character info for Michelle


Michelle Thurn (orokos) (PDF with power cards)



Michelle is a 18 year old gas station worker from the rougher side of Redridge. She fell in with the resistance after seeing her family's house raided and looted by the Vular for no discernible reason. The Vular taking over the gas station at which she worked also helped push her towards joining up. She got in touch with an old friend from school who she new had joined as well to get set up. She knew she would be useful as an informant since she was trusted enough to regularly go into the managers' office alone, where they had a radio connected to the truck's radio network. She popped a bug on it and has been recording convoys ever since. A few days ago, she was kidnapped by the Vular in her apartment. She put up a good fight, injuring a few of them, but they eventually overwhelmed her and knocked her out and dragged her into a van, transporting her to the lab. There they were planning on what to do with her, and decided on cutting her arms off to replace with a one standard mechanical arm and one detachable from the elbow down, capable of equipping and hotswapping a variety of implements such as cannons, rifles, manipulators and a variety of other attachments. Obviously that didn't happen.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jan 5, 2017 around 22:07

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


The Ghost-Faced killer stops what she's doing; pushing some buttons on a small device. "Was going to set timer for fifteen minutes...Remote detonation is fine too. Can set traps on stairs simple enough." She demonstrates by pulling out more of that monofilament wire from her lethal rounds and setting up little tripwires along the stairs, both up and down. Not to set up more traps, but because they'll cut in pretty deeply if tripped over or onto. "Cannot cut lift cable. Too thick. Will also need to put mask back on before surfacing. Will not take long."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"It's about drat time. We may be better off with remote detonation. I don't want us to take chances by running into some unexpected guests on our way out and get caught in our own explosion. Plus a distraction we can control is an even better distraction."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

"I agree on both counts. Setting a timer is making too many assumptions, any one of which might be fatal. As much as I prefer planning over improvisation, if we delay attacking the convoy we will lose our chance entirely. There is little time to lose." With that he began setting the charges at structural weakpoints, possibly with assistance as destructive architecture was not among the talents of his Heroes.

Oh yeah, and for an item I'm taking an Amulet of Resolution +1.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"We can't ambush the convoy with these girls in tow," Meriele says, as she starts gently ushering the three altered women towards the exit. "Where are we going to leave them? Michelle might be ready to fight, but with the state they're in, I don't think the rest of them can." She lets the others handle the explosives. It's probably safer that way. "Do we have a way to contact HQ? Can they send out a vehicle, at least to pick them up?"

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


You have a single disposable satellite phone that you can use to call a matching burner phone back at HQ. It was supposed to be for relaying when your mission was complete, but due to the extraordinary circumstances, they could probably send out a couple vans and some troops to guard them for you now. They may take a half hour or so to arrive though, to get them time to muster up the troops and prepare to disembark.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


You rush over to the valley at dusk, preparing to ambush the convoy. You slowly wait until they get into view before you strike. Scoping it out, you see three trucks. An officer walks between the first two trucks. A sharpshooter precedes the convoy and another brings up the rear, while two drow soldiers stand between the second and third trucks. 6 goblins are also present, two flanking each truck.

O - Officer HP:46/46 AC:17 Fort:14 Ref:15 Will:16
S - 2 x Sharpshooter HP:33/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14
I - 2 x Infantry HP:32/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
G - 6 x Goblin HP:1 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12

Initiative: Officer,Sharpshooter,Infantry,Goblin: 1d20+3 12 1d20+5 6 1d20+5 20 1d20+3 9



Terrain Notes: The red rectangles are trucks and are solid, impassible terrain. Green is grass, nothing special. Orange is hill, it is difficult terrain moving away from the road up the hill.

Everyone roll initiative and pick a starting square!!!

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele waits patiently as the caravan passes by. Her weaponized limb is already softly humming, poised to strike, but the rest of her body feels just as heavy with tension as the metal arm. The singer grits her teeth, preparing for the coming battle.

I'll start at P2. Initiative at 1d20+2=4. Welpo.

pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  13    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Guiding Strike          [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Amulet of Mental Resolve: +2 to saves against charm, illusion, sleep keywords.
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: Make a free MBA when you Fey Step.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

While waiting for the convoy to arrive Kvardek ran another diagnostic on his systems. Those nanomachines had been a great nuisance during the skirmish at the lab and he wanted to make sure no lasting damage had been done. Thankfully everything seemed to be in order. Unfortunately, his care had caused him to miss the convoy until it was nearly on top of them.

I will start at K2.
Initiative: 1d20+2 3


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 35/35 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 8)	For:  17    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +2		Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 15    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common
Save Bonuses: +2 vs. ongoing damage	
Status: None

Melee Basic: +9 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Assassin's Bane  
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Clarion Call
                    
Item Powers
[ ] Amulet of Resolution (D)

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Initiative: 1d20+14 16

Wow everyone's rolling garbage init today. Stoaga is parking herself at E3. She's also currently using Pouncing Lynx for that +2 to her initial attack, but will obviously switch stances after the attack with her minor action. Also, rolling a Stealth check since this is important with regards to remaining hidden, as they'll have to make an active Perception check to notice me after I fire. Speaking of which...

Stealth Check: 1d20+13 26

That is the check they'll have to beat on their turn, unless one of their passive Perceptions beats a 26.

pre:
Stoaga of the White Legs   
HP: 29/99 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 7)	For:  14    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +14		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7		Will: 13    Vision: Incredible
Languages: Common, Elven
Save Bonuses: 
Status: Overwatch

Ranged Basic: +13 vs. AC, 1d10+6 

At Will			Encounter			Utility
Clever Shot		[ ] Elven Accuracy	         [X] Safe Passage
Aimed Shot	         [ ] Second Wind                Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx                  
Rapid Shot		[ ] Action Point                Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
			[ ] Disruptive Shot
                    
Item Powers
Eagle Eye Goggles (+1 to RBA attack rolls. All attacks except Disruptive Shot are RBAs.) 

Conditionals/Resists:
No penalty for firing at Long range, +2 to Speed, +2 to Perception when in Aspect of the Seeking Falcon. 
+4 to Initiative, +Wis Mod to All Defenses vs Opportunity Attacks, +2 to attack rolls made in first round 
when in Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Tired, give Initiative, edit post later.)

Initiative 15

Position: S12

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2017 around 02:40

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


(Posting initiative/location just to keep things rolling)

Initiative: 1d20+4 17

Starting at R14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Rolling these:

Unsung: Initiative: 1d20+1 14
Michelle: Initiative: 1d20+6 25

Up Now: Michelle! Someone pick a space for her and take her turn!



E: now with current map

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Feb 9, 2017 around 00:31

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«16 »