Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«23 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


If no one else will do it, let's have her try to shank Infantry 2 from L13, moving from K15. Because she's acting first that's +2 for CA, so a +14 to shank this dude, dealing 1d4+2d8+8. A mighty 11-28 damage range!

Attack!: 1d20+14 25
Damage!: 1d4+2d8+8 18

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Feb 10, 2017 around 14:24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The Vular guarding the caravan all crouch low on seeing the first truck disabled. "Get ready boys! We're under attack!" the officer screams as they unsling their weapons, readying for combat.

The northern infantry looks up the hill beside him and sees two enemies. He turns and takes a few strides towards them before stopping, taking a knee, and firing a burst at Kvardek, though the rounds hit nowhere near their mark.
Move: to N4
Standard: Assault Rifle vs AC: 1d20+6 11 2d6+3 8

The infantryman Michelle struck turns around and hops away from her before taking a few more strides. He then spins back around and fires a couple bursts at her, totally missing.
Move: Shift to J13
Standard: Mobile Ranged Attack vs AC: 1d20+6 9 2d6+3 8, moving to G15 in the process.
(accidentally tagged the roll as being from infantry 1, sorry!)


Michelle
I1 - Infantry HP:32/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
I2 - Infantry HP:14/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
Naivara
Stoaga
Ziv

O - Officer HP:46/46 AC:17 Fort:14 Ref:15 Will:16
G - 6 x Goblin HP:1 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
S1 - Sharpshooter HP:33/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14
S2 - Sharpshooter HP:33/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14
Meriele
Kvardek



Terrain Notes: The red rectangles are trucks and are solid, impassible terrain that act like walls. Green is grass, nothing special. Orange is hill, it is difficult terrain moving away from the road up the hill.

Up now: Naivara, Stoaga, Ziv

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara unsheathes her sword and dashes directly towards the officer, moving unnaturally quick. She informs the officer, "you are so loving dead" as she lands a solid slash across the officer's chest.

Free: Speed of Thought - move to Q10
Minor: Battlemind's Demand against Officer
Standard: Conductive Defense vs Reflex: 1d20+9 20 1d10+5 13

Until SOMNT, officer takes +4 lightning damage if/when he hits one of my allies


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 12/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Feb 13, 2017 around 02:16

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Detonating a small bit of explosives to stall the convoy(and setting off the ordinance they rigged back in the lab to level that entirely), Ziv pops up from cover and raises his staff, giving the clods down below a chance to panic. After a bit of feel good posin' he quick-fingers a pair of vials into one end of the stave and takes aim upon two of the more important looking boys. A quick arming time and steady aim leads to two successful doses, the thumb-sized payload fired like bullets but shattering on impact.

The sudden addition of oxygen causes the paralytic toxins inside to boil and steam, dealing 15 Damage(with Nai's +4 to the Officer) to both and Dazing(UEOMNT)! The nerve damage is one thing, the burning of airways another... but good lord, the smell. Ziv chuckles as he relaxes his posture and strafes over to the side towards V12.

Standard: Lightning Arc on Officer and Sharpshooter 1
Hits both for 15 Damage, Dazes UEOMNT
Move: Move to V12

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 30/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 7/8 (V: 7)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	16	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga reassembles her rifle, then looks through her scope. The pale sniper, finding that all of her targets are now out of range or obscured, attempts to find a new vantage point. She begins dashing at quite the incredible speed towards the truck and attempts to climb onto it, thinking that she could use it as a vantage point.

Athletics!: 1d20+7 14
Moved to J8, failed by 5 or more to get onto the truck, and fell, but as I was on the ground level to begin with I don't fall prone or take damage. It wastes her remaining 4 squares of movement, however.

She leaps up at the side of the truck, only for the driver to open their door, removing the handhold she was attempting to use, and dislodging her from the truck. The momentum gone, this leaves her a short distance away from her vantage point with nothing to show for it, in plain view of Naivara.



The faintest hint of a blush is barely perceptible underneath the mask as she shakily takes aim at the enemy sharpshooter (S2). Despite appearances, it seems that she's still perfectly capable of taking a well-aimed shot at center mass.

Aimed Shot!: 1d20+13 31
Damage!: 1d10+6 9

pre:
Stoaga of the White Legs   
HP: 18/29 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 7)	For:  14    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +14		Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 7		Will: 13    Vision: Incredible
Languages: Common, Elven
Save Bonuses: 
Status: Overwatch

Ranged Basic: +13 vs. AC, 1d10+6 

At Will			Encounter			Utility
Clever Shot		[ ] Elven Accuracy	         [X] Safe Passage
Aimed Shot	         [ ] Second Wind                Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx                  
Rapid Shot		[ ] Action Point                Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
			[ ] Disruptive Shot
                    
Item Powers
Eagle Eye Goggles (+1 to RBA attack rolls. All attacks except Disruptive Shot are RBAs.) 

Conditionals/Resists:
No penalty for firing at Long range, +2 to Speed, +2 to Perception when in Aspect of the Seeking Falcon. 
+4 to Initiative, +Wis Mod to All Defenses vs Opportunity Attacks, +2 to attack rolls made in first round 
when in Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2017 around 23:25

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The officer, his head clouded from Ziv's toxins, swings his staff at Naivara. He catches nothing but air and stumbles down to one knee for a moment before dragging himself back up.
Standard: Staff vs AC: 1d20+8 9 1d6+7 12

G1: The first goblin runs towards Meriele, trying to bayonet her, but she is easily able to sidestep the attack.
Standard: Charge to Q3 Charge vs AC: 1d20+8+1 13 4 4
G2: The second goblin charges at the sniper with his bayonet, stabbing her in the shoulder.
Standard: Charge to F4 Charge vs AC: 1d20+8+1 25 4 4
G3: The third goblin takes a run at Kvardek, managing to catch a soft spot in the machine with his bayonet.
Standard: Charge to K3 Charge vs AC: 1d20+8+1 18 4 4
G4: The fourth goblin methodically moves towards Ziv, calmly stabbing in the arm.
Move: to V11 Standard: Bayonet vs AC: 1d20+8 24 4 4
G5: The fifth goblin slides over along the side of the truck before firing a quick burst at Michelle, connecting with a few bullets.
Move: to J11 Standard: SMG vs AC: 1d20+8 24 4 4

The first sharpshooter targets Ziv through his haze, somehow managing to tag him. He almost falls over from the recoil of the rifle due to the toxin induced haze, and takes a moment to regain his balance.
Standard: DMR vs AC: 1d20+6 23 1d8+6 8

The sharpsooter at the rear of the convoy, upon seeing the goblin blown away by a sniper on a hill, runs for cover behind the truck he's near and fires a carefully aimed shot in return, catching the sniper in the shoulder.
Move: to H11
Standard: DMR vs AC: 1d20+6 20 1d8+6 7

Michelle
I1 - Infantry HP:32/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
I2 - Infantry HP:14/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
Naivara
Stoaga [prone]
Ziv
O - Officer HP:22/46 AC:17 Fort:14 Ref:15 Will:16 [bloodied, dazed]
G - 5 x Goblin HP:1 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
S1 - Sharpshooter HP:18/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14 [dazed]
S2 - Sharpshooter HP:33/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14
Meriele
Kvardek




Terrain Notes: The red rectangles are trucks and are solid, impassible terrain that act like walls. Green is grass, nothing special. Orange is hill, it is difficult terrain moving away from the road up the hill.

Up now: Meriele, Kvardek, Michelle

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2017 around 03:47

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Not having expected the patrol to fan out and meet them on the hill, Meriele flails in a panic at the charging goblin; but she catches him in the head, and the creature crumples to the ground. "Okay. Unexpected, but I can still go with this. I think." Taking a breath, the hum from her weaponized arm revs up to a high pitched whine before she disappears into thin air, emerging in front of the sharpshooter and lashing out at him; but unfortunately, her hit fails to connect. The glow from the engine on her shoulder seems to spread, covering her in a soft purple blur. Meanwhile, Michelle rushes over with an angry yell; as Naivara sidesteps to let the young rebel through, the girl crashes into the officer with so much force that her knife goes straight through the man, pinning his lifeless body to the corpse.

Enemy's Turn: Virtue of Cunning upon Officer's miss to slide Naivara to P9

My Turn:

Minor: Invoke Swordmage Warding. I get +3 AC until the end of the encounter.
Standard; Guiding Strike vs Goblin 1 at 1d20+10=17. I hit, so he dies.
Move; Fey Step to U7.
Free: MBA from Eladrin Swordmage Advance vs Sharpshooter 1 at 1d20+10=12. Miss.

Michelle's Turn:

Move: Move to Q10.
Standard: Piercing Strike vs Officer at 1d20+15=35. Crit for 29 damage, Officer is dead.


pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  13    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Guiding Strike          [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [X] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Amulet of Mental Resolve: +2 to saves against charm, illusion, sleep keywords.
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: Make a free MBA when you Fey Step.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

He was supposed to be ambushing them, so it was some surprise when a goblin charged and struck him with its bayonet. His left hand gripped the rifle while his right hand delivered a vicious backhand that sent teeth and jaw fragments flying. He discarded the rifle wordlessly and set his sights on the Infantryman whom had already fired on him. Neither of them had cover, meaning he needed to keep moving to prevent becoming an easy target.

Minor: Warlock's Curse on Goblin 3.
Standard: Eldritch Strike vs AC: 1d20+9 21 1d4+4 5 Pop goes the minion, Pact Boon activates.
Move: to K5, Shadow Walk activates.


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 31/35 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 8)	For:  17    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +2		Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 15    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common
Save Bonuses: +2 vs. ongoing damage	
Status: Concealment (melee/ranged attacks get -2 penalty to attack roll)
	Zutwa Pact Boon (Prime Shot bonus is +3)

Melee Basic: +9 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Assassin's Bane  
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Clarion Call
                    
Item Powers
[ ] Amulet of Resolution (D)

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Bloodied Boon: When a cursed target is bloodied, you may remove your Warlock's Curse to get Pact Boon.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The sharpshooter hops away from Meriele's attack and scampers back a few feet, managing to put some distance between them

Immediate Reaction: Trigger: Missed by a Melee Attack Action: Shift 1 square to W5

The first infantryman takes some strides away Kvardek towards Meriele and tries to fire a burst at her, but his weapon jams! He spends a few seconds trying to clear it out

Move: to S2
Standard: Assault Rifle vs AC: 1d20+6 7 2d6+3 9
(bonus die of damage from moving 4 squares)

The second infantryman moves towards Michelle for a better shot. He takes a few shots at her while closing the distance, but none of them manage to connect.

Move: to K15
Standard: Assault Rifle vs AC: 1d20+6 9 2d6+3 12

Michelle
I1 - Infantry HP:32/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
I2 - Infantry HP:14/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
Naivara
Stoaga [prone]
Ziv

O - Officer HP:22/46 AC:17 Fort:14 Ref:15 Will:16 [bloodied, dazed] [DEAD]
G - 3 x Goblin HP:1 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
S1 - Sharpshooter HP:18/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14 [dazed]
S2 - Sharpshooter HP:33/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14
Meriele
Kvardek



Terrain Notes: The red rectangles are trucks and are solid, impassible terrain that act like walls. Green is grass, nothing special. Orange is hill, it is difficult terrain moving away from the road up the hill.

Up now: Naivara, Stoaga, Ziv

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


A bit of pale, white blood is left on the goblin's bayonet as it is yanked out of Stoaga's shoulder. She hisses both due to pain and for having her line of sight to her opponents blocked. Standing up, with a single motion and a *CACHUNK*, she swiftly removes the stock from her sniper rifle, flips it around to grip it by the short end, and swings it like a well-balanced club at this ruffian, putting him down for the count.

Standing up as my Move Action, using my Master at Arms feat to swap weapons as a Minor action, and using my rifle's stock to perform an MBA vs the gobbo!

Basic Smack!: 1d20+12 17

It succeeds, destroying the minion!

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

With the officer down, Naivara dashes off to the next target. The goblin barely has a moment to react before she cuts him down, setting her sights on his buddy.

Move: to K11
Whirling Defense vs AC: 1d20+9 28 1d10+5 10
Minor: Battlemind's Demand on S2


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 40/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 10/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2017 around 22:02

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Being stabbed and shot hurt a lot more when the metals bits found you. That'd be a really profound insight he could add to anything he wrote after the war, assuming he put a stop to such things and got to see it. Acting entirely on a sudden surge of nature's drug of choice, adrenaline, Ziv thrusts one arm forward and an arm-servo rockets the motion into a chest-crushing push back, sending the Gobbo that rushed him flying!

Think good better safe... right. Ziv dashes to the nearby truck to take some cover and try to calm down.

Standard: Grasping Tide vs Gobbo 4's Will, 24, killing him.
Move: to T9 (Behind the nearest truck.)

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 18/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 7/8 (V: 7)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	16	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The first sharpshooter takes a quick shot at Ziv, somehow managing to catch him in a soft spot in the armor around his chest, doing a serious amount of damage. He then shuffles away down the road. "He's almost down! Take that fucker out!" he screams to the other sharpshooter.
Standard: DMR vs AC: 1d20+6 25 1d8+6 14
Move: to BB1

"Roger!" the second sharpshooter calls back. He runs closer to Ziv and, though it's hard to focus on anyone but Naivara, he takes aim at Ziv and pulls the trigger, hitting him in the shoulder. The shot fells him and he lays on the ground, bleeding out. "Got em! Tango down!" he excitedly calls back.
Move: to N15
Standard: DMR vs AC: 1d20+6 24 -2 for blowing mark = 22 1d8+6 9

Michelle
I1 - Infantry HP:32/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
I2 - Infantry HP:14/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
Naivara
Stoaga
Ziv [KOed 0/3]
O - Officer HP:22/46 AC:17 Fort:14 Ref:15 Will:16 [bloodied, dazed] [DEAD]
G - 3 x Goblin HP:1 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12 [ALL DEAD]
S1 - Sharpshooter HP:18/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14
S2 - Sharpshooter HP:33/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14
Meriele
Kvardek




Terrain Notes: The red rectangles are trucks and are solid, impassible terrain that act like walls. Green is grass, nothing special. Orange is hill, it is difficult terrain moving away from the road up the hill.

Up now: Meriele, Kvardek, Michelle

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"I don't think so!" Meriele reaches out for Ziv, and it's not long before the bullets that struck him are teleported from his body. "Kvardek! Run for cover!" With the sharpshooter now out of sight, the infantry man was her next target. While the robot moves for the cover of the trucks and joins Naivara, Meriele ducks low and makes a sprint for the enemy; but he's too quick for her, and her blow goes wide. Michelle has better luck, running along the trucks before breaking off with a surprising burst of speed to run down the other infantry man, who drops to the ground without a sound, leaving her with bloody daggers. She turns to the other drow. "You're next!"

My Turn:

Minor: Majestic Word on Ziv, who heals for 11 HP.
Move; Moment of Escape to slide Kvardek 5 squares to K10.
Standard Charge to T3 and MBA at 1d20+11=13. Miss again, dagnabbit.

Michelle's Turn:

Move: Ambush Trick to move to K14.
Standard: Piercing Strike vs Infantry 2 1d20+15=23. Hit for 1d4+9+2d8=17 damage, Infantry 2 is dead.


pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  13    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Guiding Strike          [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [X] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [X][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [X] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Amulet of Mental Resolve: +2 to saves against charm, illusion, sleep keywords.
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: Make a free MBA when you Fey Step.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

Kvardek was on the move. Ziv's dilemma made it clear, the real worry were those snipers! He barreled down the hill, between the trucks, and quickly hemmed in the sharpshooter by forming the third point of the triangle between Michelle, Naivara, and himself. His systems were nominal, his shot clear, his mind prepared. He fired a blast of energy from his palm which struck the drow in the center mass, remembering this time to cut his aural feed to cut out the scream of pain that was sure to come from his target.

Move: to P13
Minor: Warlock's Curse, Sharpshooter 2 is cursed.
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+7+3 30 1d6+1d6+4 9 CRITICAL HIT!
Sharpshooter takes 16 damage to get a single point away from bloodied and I get my Prime Shot bonus against him UEoMNT.


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 31/35 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 8)	For:  17    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +2		Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 15    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common
Save Bonuses: +2 vs. ongoing damage	
Status: Concealment (melee/ranged attacks get -2 penalty to attack roll)

Melee Basic: +9 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Assassin's Bane  
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Clarion Call
                    
Item Powers
[ ] Amulet of Resolution (D)

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Bloodied Boon: When a cursed target is bloodied, you may remove your Warlock's Curse to get Pact Boon.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The infantryman hops backwards, away from Meriele's attack "drat! They got Levis!" the infantry man calls out. He then runs around her to get a better line on Ziv. He pulls the trigger, letting out a burst of rounds that miss wide. "poo poo," he says as he reloads.

Free (upon Meriele's miss): Shift to T1
Move: to Z6
Standard: Assault Rifle vs AC: 1d20+6 11 2d6+3 8


Michelle
I1 - Infantry HP:32/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
I2 - Infantry HP:14/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12 [DEAD]
Naivara
Stoaga
Ziv

O - Officer HP:22/46 AC:17 Fort:14 Ref:15 Will:16 [bloodied, dazed] [DEAD]
G - 3 x Goblin HP:1 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12 [ALL DEAD]
S1 - Sharpshooter HP:18/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14
S2 - Sharpshooter HP:17/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14
Meriele
Kvardek



Terrain Notes: The red rectangles are trucks and are solid, impassible terrain that act like walls. Green is grass, nothing special. Orange is hill, it is difficult terrain moving away from the road up the hill.

Up now: Naivara, Stoaga, Ziv

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2017 around 22:33

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga reassembles her rifle, then looks through her scope. The pale sniper, finding that all of her targets are now out of range or obscured, attempts to find a new vantage point. She begins dashing at quite the incredible speed towards the truck and attempts to climb onto it, thinking that she could use it as a vantage point.

Athletics!: 1d20+7 14
Moved to J8, failed by 5 or more to get onto the truck, and fell, but as I was on the ground level to begin with I don't fall prone or take damage. It wastes her remaining 4 squares of movement, however.

She leaps up at the side of the truck, only for the driver to open their door, removing the handhold she was attempting to use, and dislodging her from the truck. The momentum gone, this leaves her a short distance away from her vantage point with nothing to show for it, in plain view of Naivara.



The faintest hint of a blush is barely perceptible underneath the mask as she shakily takes aim at the enemy sharpshooter (S2). Despite appearances, it seems that she's still perfectly capable of taking a well-aimed shot at center mass.

Aimed Shot!: 1d20+13 31
Damage!: 1d10+6 9

pre:
Stoaga of the White Legs   
HP: 18/29 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 7)	For:  14    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +14		Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 7		Will: 13    Vision: Incredible
Languages: Common, Elven
Save Bonuses: 
Status: Overwatch

Ranged Basic: +13 vs. AC, 1d10+6 

At Will			Encounter			Utility
Clever Shot		[ ] Elven Accuracy	         [X] Safe Passage
Aimed Shot	         [ ] Second Wind                Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx                  
Rapid Shot		[ ] Action Point                Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
			[ ] Disruptive Shot
                    
Item Powers
Eagle Eye Goggles (+1 to RBA attack rolls. All attacks except Disruptive Shot are RBAs.) 

Conditionals/Resists:
No penalty for firing at Long range, +2 to Speed, +2 to Perception when in Aspect of the Seeking Falcon. 
+4 to Initiative, +Wis Mod to All Defenses vs Opportunity Attacks, +2 to attack rolls made in first round 
when in Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

After hearing Stoaga hit the ground with a solid "whump," Naivara glances at her and simply shrugs. She turns around and decides to help Stoaga finish the job.

Whirling Defense vs AC (S2): 1d20+9 23 1d10+5 9


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 40/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 10/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv would offer a thanks, an OK gesture or even a thumbs up, what with Starlet saving his life and all... but it turns out the absence of bullets after they tear flesh and deliver kinetic impact still really loving hurt. He holds his side and raises his non-staff hand in a heroic friendly wave.

Being constantly shot at was doing wonders for his disposition. Revving up the finer technical aspects of his suit he tries to set a perfect laser pointer line of focus back at the Sniper, who was no doubt doing the same to him with an actual scope. Since any variation at the base will result in a miss, all that adrenaline pumping makes the first shot go wide. The second time he meets the Sniper's scope with a cool refraction of light and a jolt of juice, blasting that poor fella's iris with pure solar goodness.

Blind but alive... and pissed. That wasn't the intended outcome. Ziv was looking for more of a dead and not aiming at handsome men trying to take cover behind trucks. Thinking fast, Ziv shifts his suit to the usual obfuscation function and hauls rear end to a more solid piece of line of sight breaking cover!

Standard + AP Standard: Two Jolts of Lightning vs Sharpshooter 1, one hit for 9 Damage
Minor: Shift to S10
Move: Move to L10

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 11/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 6/8 (V: 7)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	16	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2017 around 04:53

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"gently caress, he's back up!" the infantryman says. "Don't worry, I'll take that bastard down again," The sharpshooter says as he strides closer to Ziv to line up a shot. His carefully placed shot tags Ziv in the shoulder. It's not quite enough to drop him, but he's barely standing. He looks back through his scope to see the results of his shot. "poo poo, still standing... you got a bead on 'em?" he asks his fellow solider.

Move: to V1
Standard: DMR vs AC: 1d20+6 19 -2 for cover = 17 1d8+6 9

Michelle
I1 - Infantry HP:32/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12
I2 - Infantry HP:14/32 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12 [DEAD]
Naivara
Stoaga
Ziv
O - Officer HP:22/46 AC:17 Fort:14 Ref:15 Will:16 [bloodied, dazed] [DEAD]
G - 3 x Goblin HP:1 AC:15 Fort:13 Ref:14 Will:12 [ALL DEAD]
S1 - Sharpshooter HP:9/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14 [bloodied]
S2 - Sharpshooter HP:17/33 AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:15 Will:14 [DEAD]
Meriele
Kvardek




Terrain Notes: The red rectangles are trucks and are solid, impassible terrain that act like walls. Green is grass, nothing special. Orange is hill, it is difficult terrain moving away from the road up the hill.

Up now: Meriele, Kvardek, Michelle

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

Looked like it was time to wrap things up. He approached the infantryman, taking care to stay behind cover from the other sniper. "Stand down or be destroyed," he said as he unleashed another volley of energy toward the soldier, leaving scorch marks on their armor.

On Sharpshooter 2's death, I get Pact Boon.
Move: to U8
Minor: Curse Infantry 1
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+7+3 15 1d6+1d6+4 10 damage and I get my Prime Shot bonus against him UEoMNT.


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 31/35 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 8)	For:  17    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +2		Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 15    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common
Save Bonuses: +2 vs. ongoing damage	
Status: Concealment (melee/ranged attacks get -2 penalty to attack roll)

Melee Basic: +9 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Assassin's Bane  
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Clarion Call
                    
Item Powers
[ ] Amulet of Resolution (D)

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Bloodied Boon: When a cursed target is bloodied, you may remove your Warlock's Curse to get Pact Boon.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele exchanges a glance with Michelle between the trucks, then nods her head at the opposite side of the battlefield. A quick jog sees her on the infantry's side, and a blast of energy hits him, sending him reeling even if it doesn't do much damage. The soldier regains his footing and aims his gun at the singer...only for Michelle to jump on his back with a blood-curdling scream of rage after a full-out charge, smashing the infantryman into the ground and rolling off of him with her excess momentum, her dagger stuck in his back.

My Turn:

Move: to Z3
Standard Staggering Note vs Infantry at 1d20+6=22. Hit for 4 thunder damage and push him to X8.

Michelle's Turn:

Move: Ambush Trick to move to Q14.
Standard: Charge MBA to W9 vs Infantry 1, invoking Backstab at 1d20+18=21. Hit for 1d4+6+2d8+1d6=24 damage, Infantry 1 is dead.


pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  13    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Guiding Strike          [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [X] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [X][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [X] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Amulet of Mental Resolve: +2 to saves against charm, illusion, sleep keywords.
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: Make a free MBA when you Fey Step.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"Stand down," the chrome one says, as if they'd accept surrender or they'd believe they'd live through this. These are Stoaga's thoughts as she turns herself towards the sound of Kvardek's voice, then scanning for whatever he was talking to. There they are. "Would rather not drag dead weight along. Will make dead weight anyway."

Clever Shot!: 1d20+13 23
Damage!: 1d10+6 11

She fires out a shot with a small wire line attached to it, intending to yank the target towards Meriele to prevent escape. However, her shot goes a bit deeper than expected, and when she finally manages to successfully yank the shot out, rather than pulling the body forward, the shot rips a small chunk of the target the bullet was forcibly dug into. Stoaga catches it, examines it for a moment, then simply removes the pin connecting the line to the bullet (and subsequent other "bits") and throws it away. While humanoid flesh is certainly edible, she isn't hungry at the moment. Not to mention she'd need to find shade before trying it, lest she burn her face.

pre:
Stoaga of the White Legs   
HP: 18/29 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 7)	For:  14    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +14		Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 7		Will: 13    Vision: Incredible
Languages: Common, Elven
Save Bonuses: 
Status: Overwatch

Ranged Basic: +13 vs. AC, 1d10+6 

At Will			Encounter			Utility
Clever Shot		[ ] Elven Accuracy	         [X] Safe Passage
Aimed Shot	         [ ] Second Wind                Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx                  
Rapid Shot		[ ] Action Point                Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
			[ ] Disruptive Shot
                    
Item Powers
Eagle Eye Goggles (+1 to RBA attack rolls. All attacks except Disruptive Shot are RBAs.) 

Conditionals/Resists:
No penalty for firing at Long range, +2 to Speed, +2 to Perception when in Aspect of the Seeking Falcon. 
+4 to Initiative, +Wis Mod to All Defenses vs Opportunity Attacks, +2 to attack rolls made in first round 
when in Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

As the last sounds of battle faded Kvardek looked over the ruined battlefield. He shook his head ruefully as he counted the fallen. "Once," he said. "Just once, it would be nice of them to surrender once their defeat is inevitable. I am beginning to suspect fighting to the death is part of their military culture. Made Man, are your injuries severe?" He was not really sure what he would do if the answer was "yes". He had no medical expertise and little aptitude for it.

"Let us secure the cargo and make our escape. No doubt the resistance will be pleased we completed our task ahead of schedule and with several bonus objectives met." He began scanning the trucks for any kind of tracking device, homing beacon, or the like; the easiest way to steal the equipment would be to steal the trucks themselves, but not if doing so led the Vular right to them.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The first truck is destroyed, but you are able to get the second and third trucks running. You radio ahead to base (so that they don't fire on two random Vular transports rolling right up to base!) and get moving. "Hey! I"m coming with you guys. There's no way I can go back to spying after those fucks tried to rip my arms off. I need to be in combat!" Michelle says as she hops in back of one to ride along with you to base.

Once you arrive, General Bodan greets you before you're even out of the loading bay with the trucks. "Great job men! Not only did you find our informant, but you brought back a ton of cargo too! Unfortunately the girls you rescued are too shaken to give us any information on where they were being held, so you'll need to debrief me. In the morning. Get some rest while we search those trucks."

---

The next morning you report to General Bodan somewhat late, by military standards, at around 0900 hours. "Morning, men," she says. "Our crews found some... interesting... things in those crates. Metal arms and life support coffins. I have no idea what they would be doing with those, but it doesn't look good. Are they augmenting their troops?" she says, rhetorically. "Oh, and we found a bunch of weapons and armor too... you guys can take a look and grab a couple things for yourselves... your next assignment may be a little rougher." She stops speaking for a moment before realizing she forgot something. "Oh! I need an after action report now, before you go picking for your new toys."

You have reached level 3!
Each of you can pick 2 items of level 3 or lower one item of level 4 or lower and one item of level 3 or lower
e: You also recieve 550 credts (gp) each!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Mar 5, 2017 around 19:51

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga, her mask pulled down and more her attire casually aligned now that fluorescent lighting is all she'll run into, attends the debriefing. She's puzzled at the mention of this 'life support coffin' thing. 'Life' and 'Coffin' seemed like contradictory words, but she pushes that out of her mind as Bodan continues. After mulling it over, she opts to speak up.

"Found dead drop. Got information on schedule and location of deliveries. Followed workers out of location, to apartment. Disposed of them...non-lethally..." She realizes the potential issue of a pair of Drow stashed in a closet, though whether one of the group put them down for good is up for them to chime in about, as she was already on the move. "Used keys from workers to enter their facility. Cameras did not find us, no one found us, until medical staff, experimenters, found us. Demanded surrender, claimed...Stoaga does not recall the words. But found test subjects, augmented, or about to be. Michelle, part of group. Saved. Destroyed outpost with explosives, stopped next day's convoy, captured trucks of supplies. Returned here. But a question for you now, this one has. What do with former captives?"

Taking Bracers of the Perfect Shot and a Lucky Charm.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"Well it sounds like you did a great job going above and beyond what was expected of you. And you mean those poor girls you rescued? We're going try to get them to stay for some more medical care and observation, but we can't force them to. Beyond that, we're not really sure... It wouldn't be safe to return them to their families, but it may be possible for us to bring their families to them." She pauses, "Michelle... she wants to be in a more frontline role, and given her performance... I don't think we can say no to that."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

After Combat: Unloading the trucks? Ziv ain't got any such thing remotely close to the general proximity of his mind as he hunkers down in passenger's seat of one of the big convoys, using one hand to check his pockets for some of the things he found back in the Vular base... he had an eye for these sort of thing when they were helping those unwilling volunteers for the research effort. With a quick mental thank you to some random deity of his people, or somethin', he finds just what he needs.

Two doses of the medical grade painkillers, the kind those little flowers needed to grow adjusted to their unnecessary surgery. He felt a certain kinship with them at the moment. Their limbs removed to be forcefully replaced with metal. Him, forcefully injected with searing lead in the first big mistake he's made since joining this two-bit rebellion. Something about being in line of sights and close enough to be shot sat really poorly with him. After fiddling with some straps on his forearm and exposing a bit of skin between the home-made machinery, he shoots up and sits really goodly for the rest of the ride back to base. Muttering to no one in particular he quietly brainstorms during the trip: "teleportin' the bullets out is good but it feels like half th' job, ya know... now see, what ya gotta really do is teleport some of this stuff into the veins right after...I tell ya what..."

---


Zivilyn

(Swapped from Primal Predator to Primal Wrath, swapped a feat, swapped two powers, got armor and staff, bought an arms item with gold.)

Waking up at the crack of dawn thanks to his little relaxer on the way back to base, Ziv's mind is flaring with the need to work. Borrowing some tools lying around this ramshackle base doesn't seem to be a big deal, reckon that only thing that'd bother any of these rebel hotheads is pinching their guns. And without any drat GSHA guidelines restricting him, Ziv was free to make all the adjustments to industrial voltage he wanted, particularly while wired on some cheap home-made uppers! Besides, if something went wrong and his fist went flying off of his elbow, nobody'd be hurt but him. And ideally some spider-ears standing opposite him.

But nah, what he needed was to reduce the overclocking on the mobility and soup up the staff implement a bit more. Administering problems at range to Vular goons was the ticket, rather than this idea that maybe he should be in the middle of the fighting like he's as formidable as Kvardek or as manly as Naivara. Needed to play to his strengths. And in this case, his strengths were dousing fools in cheap coolant, rigging up poor man's smoke screens and producing an exciting new thunder clap function. Should discharge a nice volley across everything facing away from his grounding frame. Or launch both hands. Science didn't have much room for the timid. And last but not least his morphine-assisted magnum opus: a launchable dart full of medi-gel and things that make organics feel good. Teleport the drugs directly into 'em! Genius!

Showing up at the debriefing wearing a flawless pair of sunglasses to hide bloodshot eyes, Ziv gives the general a casual salute. "Don't fret about them boys we left in the apartment. They don't matter none since they didn't get to raise no alarm before we got to raisin' hell." He thinks for a bit, cupping his chin with one hand. "Ya know, their MO don't add up. They grafted cybernetics to Starlet a while before this and they're obviously still goin' at it. But why would you wire up somebody that's gonna be mad as hell at you with all your best new experimental hardware? Life support.. coffins.. hmm." He paces the war room table a bit.

"The only follow up to that, with them ingredients is some kinda.. I dunno. Mind control. Brain washing. Indoctrinatin'. Nothin' else makes much sense, unless they're sloppy enough to ruin the stuff rippin' it off the girls after they perfect the augmentin'." He tilts his head to one shoulder and crosses his arms, sighing. "Lemme guess, boss... heavy ordinance fer christmas and our next job's "rougher"? I'm guessin' this lil' outpost was feedin' into the real heart of the operation..."

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 35/35		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	17	Action Points: 0
Speed: 7		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Chill Wind(E)		[ ] Second Wind            [ ] Lightning Arc(E)
Jolt of Lightning(E)	[ ] Wall of Smoke          [ ] Serpentskin(Item)
Pounce                  [ ] Lesser Restoration     [ ] Feyswarm(Item)
Wild Shape              [ ] Tundra Wind(E)

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +9
Melee: +10, 1d8+2
Ranged: +6, 1d10+2
Crits: +1d6 Fire and Daze

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Wrath: +1 Attack to Elemental Powers (+E)
Superior Reflexes: CA against all Enemies on first turn.
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

At Base

Kvardek sat in the lotus position, replaying the mission in his mind. His performance at the convoy was, he felt, acceptable, but the skirmish at the facility was much less impressive. The nanomachines which infected his system had given him more trouble than he anticipated; they worked directly to sabotage electronic systems, and he was all electronic. He had managed to deactivate them after considerable effort but they were still clogging up his internals. He was about to flush them when an idea came to him; perhaps they could be re-purposed and turned into an asset? If he cleared out their viral payload, redefined the master user profile, and left a backdoor to swap in new programs on the fly... yes, they could be very useful indeed. The thought also occurred to him that he was large, metallic, and implacable, all qualities which lent him a menacing air. He consulted his Heroes on how he could best take advantage of this aspect of himself, and more than a few had pointers to share.

Retrained Bluff to Intimidate and Accurate Rod proficiency with Accurate Staff Proficiency. Also learned Fortune Binding.

Debriefing

Kvardek provided his own addition to General Bodan's assessment: "Michelle more than proved herself in the raid on the convoy. You should be thankful for such a valuable asset. We also procured some of the data from the facility, we should be able to make use of it in awareness and propaganda campaigns to foment outrage against the Vular. And of course, if some of the technology and research can be used, obviously without the use of human test subjects, so much the better."

For items I'll be taking an Accurate Staff of Ruin +1 for a level 3 item and Leather Armor of Dark Majesty +1 for my level 4 item. Also purchasing a Delver's Light with credits, leaving me with 330 if my count is correct. New combat block below.

pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 40/40 (THP: )	AC:   18    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 10)	For:  17    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +2		Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 15    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common
Save Bonuses: +2 vs. ongoing damage	
Status: None

Melee Basic: +10 vs. AC, 1d4+5 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Assassin's Bane  
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Clarion Call
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding

Item Powers
Delver's Light [A]
[ ] Amulet of Resolution (D)
[ ] Armor of Dark Majesty (D)

Passive Bonuses:
Armor of Dark Majesty: I get +2 item bonus to all defenses vs. enemies cursed by me. 
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment (melee/ranged attacks against you get -2 to the attack roll) UEoYNT 
	if you end your turn 3 squares or more from where you started.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Bloodied Boon: When a cursed target is bloodied, you may remove your Warlock's Curse to get Pact Boon.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The general nods at Ziv and Kvardek as they speak. "Yes, we believe there is a central lab that they are feeding into here in Tremont. We're planning a strike on it as we speak. By all accounts, Michelle has proven capable enough, and has personally volunteered to join another group of commandos in an assault on the main lab. For your next assignment... well, we're planning on trying to get you off-world, to further aid the resistance as a whole and hopefully allowing them to break the blockade on our planet.

"Your task will be to infiltrate the main spaceport here in Tremont, steal a ship and make it off-world. It obviously won't be that simple. You'll probably want to disable their AA guns in case they realize what's happening and try to shoot you down. You can also try to hack into their IFF database in case they disable the code your ship has, though that's optional and may not be necessary--you probably won't run into an issue until you're well off-world. However, if you can, we would like you to try to sabotage as much as you can on your way out, though this too is optional. Once you're out, you are to attempt to link up with the main body of the resistance and aid them in any way you can while steering them to bring aid here to Teris.

"The spaceport is surrounded by a 10 foot high chain link fence with barbed wire. If you don't want to go through or over the fence, there's the more traditional ingress and egress routes as well. There's the main terminal--which is mostly non-functional at this point, though it does serve as a loading and unloading point for some troop transports--facing the main road on the southern end of the spaceport, as well as a gate with a guard post on the side for cargo and launchpad access on the eastern edge. The control tower, which should house the IFF codes, is on the western side of the spaceport, just north of the main terminal, and there are hangers along the northern edge of the spaceport for idle spacecraft. There's also watchtowers that the Vular built on each corner of the spaceport, with searchlights running during the night. The AA batteries are on the northern end of the spaceport, by the east and west edges.

"There's any number of ways to do this... we have enough explosives from your last mission that you can use to your discretion and still have enough to destroy the AA guns. We also still have the Vular supply trucks you seized. How you get in is totally up to you."

She pauses for a second to take a drink of water before adding, "Oh and I need to let you know that you have a new squad member, Kacht-ka. Make sure you guys get familiar with each other before you head out! You don't want to be fighting beside a stranger!"


A (not to scale) map of the spaceport:

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Mar 17, 2017 around 18:51

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009



Kacht-ka, Ka Remembrancer


"Greetings, fellow resisters," says Kacht-ka, an electrical buzz betraying the distortion of a voice modulator in his helmet. "I am Kacht, once of the Ka. I am to be your close-combat killer." There is a whine of servos as the lower 2 of his 4 arms gesture at the group. "I come to teach the lessons of Ka to our foes. It is a lesson best learned in blood. Blood makes poor ink, so I have been delivering lessons for some time now. You will also learn, but in less painful fashion, as you have not made as many mistakes."

Kacht-ka nods. it's an odd nod- it suggests the nodder's neck doesn't turn the right way for it.

"Have no fear of Kacht. I am your brood-friend now."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


A new job, and it's to get off-world. Sabotage is easy enough, but at the same time, she frowns a bit: space is a distance at which her eyes don't matter, her gunnery skills are mitigated by the slow speed of turbolaser swivels, and her inability to pilot a starship all come together to make the experience ultimately boring and not worth staying conscious for. However, as she's about to write off the mission as something she'll just have to put up with if she's going to get more jobs that properly use her abilities, a new partner appears, a friendly and an ally in combat rather than an escort. Stoaga's eagle eyes immediately notice the presence of twin blades on her new partner's person. She looks a bit surprised for a moment as she begins scanning her target all over, sniffing the air and listening intently to their words. "Jakkyou...? ...No, scent is wrong, voice as well...blades too large..." Only after mulling it over does she realize she's yet to introduce herself, and flinches a bit. "An apology. Am Stoaga of White-Legs clan, sniper. Your weapons, similar to friend's, albeit larger. Was confused, thought friend had found new clothes, came to join. Did not, it seems. But if style is similar enough..." she forms a small smile. "Will be pleased by your presence."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele studies the basic map provided. "Not sure I like our chances here," she mutters, pointing out the watch towers and the guard posts. "How in blazes are we supposed to get in there with all this security? It's not like we can pass for goblins or drow. Do we have any amount of reinforcements that might be able to create a distraction? Any disguises or false papers to sneak us in? If not...this is gonna be one hell of a job." With a sigh, she turns to the new recruit. "Hi. I'm -" she pauses, the act of giving her name still causing some hesitation, "I'm Meriele. Please don't call me that in the field. But glad to have you with us."

pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 32/32 (THP: )        AC:   18    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 8)       For:  13    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [ ] Cunning Ferocity                 [ ] Stirring Shout
Guiding Strike          [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word     
                        [ ] Moment of Escape 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Amulet of Mental Resolve: +2 to saves against charm, illusion, sleep keywords.
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: Make a free MBA when you Fey Step.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Inescapable Longsword Each miss adds cumulative +1 to attack until I attack different target or hit.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"I'm Captain Naivara Ulcahne, of Alliance Special Forces - PSICOM. Good to have you aboard." With a terse greeting out of the way, she examines the map.

"We're definitely going to have to sneak in. Drawing too much attention means all of their attention is squarely on us on their home turf." She gestures towards the marked AA guns, "we will definitely want to save the explosives for these. We want them good and demolished." Naivara taps a finger on her chin, pondering. "Maybe we can sneak in with one of those trucks? I mean...some of us could pass in appearance for locals."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


General Bodan looks at Meriele, "Hm... we may be able to launch an attack elsewhere in the city simultaneously to keep reinforcements off of you, but we'd rather not risk sending more troops at the same target. We think that the larger the force we throw at the spaceport, the more likely you'll be noticed before the attack and that you'll get a heavier response back once they notice you. Unfortunately you guys are on your own at the spaceport."

She then turns to Naivara, "You should have enough explosives to destroy the AA guns and still have some left."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009



Kacht-ka, Ka Remembrancer


"My appearance is obvious," says Kacht-ka, apologetically. "If we infiltrate, I will be concealed, or we will fail. I am not a sneaker. I am a teacher."

He leans back against a wall. "I am capable of rapid wall-leaping if that would help."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

The young elf grumbles under her breath. "I'm gonna be honest, I don't like this. I'm not a soldier, I don't know how to do this. I mean, yeah, we can sneak in, and then what? There's no way we're going to be able to disable the AA and take off without a fight. We'll be outnumbered and outgunned. Anybody have an idea?" She looks at her companions, and especially Naivara - as the only real military figure here, she had faith in the woman's judgement. But it was obvious she was out of her league here.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


The albino elf paces about, thinking about this. The smaller monsters never were much more than annoyances in most cases, so most of her hunt experience wouldn't apply here. The closest thing that would qualify, thinking about it, are the times wherein her clan would attempt to retrieve giant monster eggs from a nest. They involved taking an object and getting out after taking out or disabling the first monster to chase them. In this case, there would be two such monsters, but perhaps the blitzkrieg strategy may still apply...

"Am not familiar with this...how is it said...sit-u-a-tion? But know how to take something quickly. When stealing from Wrath Wyvern nest, once egg is taken, wyverns never stop coming. Must quickly take out first wyvern, then run back to base before second appears. Would same apply here? If Stoaga were to destroy these quickly..." She points to the clustered watchtower, anti-air gun, and control tower in the upper left corner. "And someone to destroy other goal quickly, could run to goal and steal it before more arrive? Can run very fast, have juice that could make everyone very fast too."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

He nodded once to the newcomer. "I am Kvardek, Blessed Vessel of the Church of the Radiant Path. I look forward to seeing your skill firsthand." Four arms, odd gait, head may be on a stalk of some kind. The name "Ka" was returning too many results, so it was hard to pinpoint exactly what creature he was dealing with. He had known little about the others on their first day and now they were... well, not exactly friends, but they knew each others skills and limitations. He hoped that would be enough.

"I am disinclined to split up in a combat zone," he admitted. "Regardless of how fast we are, it would be too easy for a single one of us to get pinned down and picked off. If we must have multiple means of entering the port, we should have a plan to meet up again soon afterwards. That being said, once the alarms are raised we will have little time to complete our objectives. If one or two of us could sneak inside and plant the explosives without alerting the guards that would be ideal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"I agree with Kvardek. We can't afford to be too severely outnumbered, and they can outmaneuver us easily. I think he's onto something with having a small group plant explosives. If we create chaos on two sides, it spreads them out and takes the heat off a little bit."

She returns Meri's glance and shrugs "I mean, we took down a research base on our own. If we do this smartly, we should be fine. At this point, we're far past anyone's first go-round with fighting."

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Mar 20, 2017 around 23:16

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«23 »