Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn's Char Sheet

(FWIW, looks like I give +1 Perception within 5 Squares to everyone but Stoaga!)


Zivilyn

Called to the big boy room, Ziv figured he should show up in full gear. He had no idea how the Resistance ran and it was always a bad idea to show up on the southern side of an inspection and be the first cadet some hardass officer wanted to straighten out. So it was that a 6'0" fella joined the briefing with a spring in his step, clad in what looked like a hasty marriage of an old Plisean scouting suit and top of the line military hardware, all painted black as night and lit up by the dim blue glow of on board electronics. The fancy machinery at his shins and forearms was concealed with some alterations to the faux leather camos and he held a five-foot long mechanic's rod rigged up to a few slender tubes that ran back to the suit's torso. At the top of the staff was a strong focusing lens with a matching blue tint. As he sauntered up to the map to catch briefing he either looked like a mysterious badass or a tactical night hobo. Well, whatever worked.

In a quick turn of the head Ziv's HUD spotted a few cuties, a walking anomaly and what he figured must be two tons of robotic sentry. He was glad the reconfigured diving helmet hid his smirk because boy howdy was this an improvement over the usual squad. The old ironsides giving them orders seemed pretty important but he figured understated was the way to go. He really had no idea how things were going with the Resistance, just that they seemed to have aligned interests with ol' Plisea. Ziv's voice crackles lightly when he speaks as his helmet broadcasts, a Plisean accent straight from the heart of the galaxy accompanied by a few rough hints of a country dialect picked up by heavy travelers and truckers. "Nice to meet y'all. Name's Zivilyn, just an Elven boy caught in a bad place at a bad time. Came down to Teris for a bit of biochemistry work and ended up stranded. I reckon things might go a bit better if the Imperium takes a few servings of humble pie, loosen their grip on the planet a bit. You can count on me for Support Fire, if'n you want to call it that. Tactical disorientation and counter-recon... something like that." Now the funny thing about rebellions is they tend to have an Invite Your Friends, Bring A Gun! mentality. Not exactly the strictest standards of recruitment, especially if he got in! Best to keep some things close to his chest for now.

A low whistle follows another bit of radio static. "Say now, you remind me of someone." He makes a finger-pistol gesture to Meriele. "Maybe I'm wrong but Cold Nebula's one of my favorite albums. Killed quite a few nights in the lab listening to that one. Heh heh, but lemme get serious now." He looks the map over again and faces the General, subconsciously taking up an At Attention pose. "Ma'am, I agree with Kvardek. Subway is a lot of extra tactical consideration and besides, we're already jumping into the fire. A little extra heat seems par for the course. Hovercar is fine by me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

When Naivara gives him a looking over Ziv brings a hand up to the back of his head, resting it on the back of his helmet. He's quite grateful for the permanent poker face it is giving him right now. "Hey now, I just know enough to keep it running... me and a mechanic pal of mine put it together originally. Sort of a waste not, want not situation once the Vular touched down, yeah?" Context was important but nobody really needed to know the circumstances of the impromptu construction. Or that most of the fancy looking devices were just some replacement limb cybernetics and a few lab grade projectors rigged up in ways that'd fail every safety inspection under the sun. The fact that it all worked without harming him was just a bonus.

Ziv looks over and winks at the starlet, a gesture completely lost behind the helmet. "You can count on my silence, Ellie."

The less said about the anomaly the better, Ziv thought as they were shuttled out to war in some guy's beater. Bring your friends and a gun and maybe some poo poo that fell out of another lab. Almost got a theme goin' here with this group.

---

"Ah drat, ah jeez. When I said I knew a mechanic, shucks, maybe ya should've hired him instead a' me..." Ziv wastes no time kicking a door open and getting out of the wreck, looking around hastily. Taking stock of the situation was a specialty of all the sensors on the suit, after all. "Fast and quick, huh? Keep a good eye out, we get caught in that alley and it'll be fish inna barrel situation." Ziv waits to enter the alley, intending to bring up the rear. "Eyes in front and in back, ya get contact and we pick a direction and punch it, yeah? Gotta have an escape route." He has agreed to enter the Alley.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Looking a bit more aware before most others, Ziv's HUD reports trouble at an optimal distance! He's already making use of a trash can to obscure his frame, the lights of his suit dimming in response to proximity threats! He immediately barks out a quiet "Hold up!" and gestures silently to the others, prompting them to react.

(Anyone who rolled under a 22 for Initiative gets a +2 added to their result!)

Initiative 22
Stealth 14

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Start at E11

"Anything unusual and they're likely to radio help. If we can detonate the statue while fightin' through we can be out 'fore we find anything out the hard way."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Taking the initiative Ziv dashes out of the alleyway and before any of the patrolman can line up a shot he's already behind one of the nearby abandoned vehicles, using it for cover. He begins prepping his staff's loader for a bit of dynamic action next round...

Surprise Move: Move to K13

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Keep movin'!" Ziv dashes ahead and gestures with his staff to the side. A piston fires off a military-grade flash bang that erupts in the middle of the goblin platoon... but to their credit most of them instinctively look away. It's still plenty loud and mighty bright and the idea is to provoke a run and trip response. Hopefully theories bear out on the field as well as they do in the texts. Ziv comes to a halt near the pillar and eyes the statue. Set the charges, get clear and detonate. Haul rear end to evac in the South... easy, right? He dismisses a bad feeling and fumbles with his suit, a quick activation causing key points along the suit's outline to reflect light and go "dark", prompting him to push his luck and keep moving.

(I don't think it was mentioned Look, but who is carrying the Charges? If you need to appoint somebody now I volunteer on the basis of mobility. Hope they're easy to use!)

Standard: Grasping Tide hits Patrolman #2 for 10 Damage
Places a 3x3 Zone centered at R10
If any of the three leave the zone, Roll 1d20+6 vs their Reflex. On a Hit they fall Prone.
Move: To S19, near the pillar.
Minor: Shift to T19 behind the pillar, activating Stealth(Beast Form.)

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2016 around 15:11

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Get ready to head for evac! I'm gettin' this done!" Deciding to put his suit's mobility boosts to the test Ziv steps up and drops cover. Then he sprints like a top athlete, covering the distance to the statue and running off primo adrenaline to hastily set the charges. He even has time to double check connections and ready the detonator in one hand! "Soon as I get clear we're done here!"

Minor: Shift to U19 out of Beast Form.
Standard and Move: Double Move to K14
Action Point: Standard to set the charges!

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

(Is this Short Rest enough to burn Surges? Or could I assume Meriele tops me off since we're between Encounters and she might as well burn one of her heals before the refresh? I guess depending on Look's answer affects how I RP out the wound but if a Leader wants to take initiative I'm fine with that.)

Ziv winces hard. A better shot might've really hurt him, instead it was just a familiar soreness. Nice thing about bullet proof armor is that it stops the bullet. Lousy thing is that it has to be wearable and allow movement so it can't stop everything. He checks the HUD and gives a quick check of the limb servos to make sure nothing vital was severed and beckons everybody over to meet him at the south edge of the statue plaza.

"I reckon whether or not Sgt. Greb over here got communications out or not, it won't matter once we make that thing boom and fall. Y'all ready to move? Operation ain't over 'til we're safely evac'd." He gives Stoaga a curt handshake but his tone is dead serious. Maybe he can offer her a little competition in the gloomy gus department... he certainly isn't showing any self-pity or concern for being shot in the back. Hell, he's not even bleeding. Or is that just the black armor?

He holds up the detonator and primes it, ready to fire. "When yer ready. Might I suggest the minimum effective range." He keeps hustling towards that evac, occasionally scanning the nearby alleys and streets. "If nothing else even soldiers that green(Heh heh, he thinks) are gonna make somebody suspicious when they miss whatever passes for dark-skin patrol."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Caught only very slightly unawares, Ziv begins prepping the big guns and cycling the dispenser in his quarterstaff. He primes a few substances for long distance use and smirks. "Wasnt planning on it Ellie. I got something real special for their brass."

Initiative: 20

(Start at G7.)

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Y'all signed up with a funny war in mind if'n you're against killing. I don't think they'll have the same problem." He slides around the car, gives the walking black hole a wide berth as he passes by and stops closer to the action, raising his staff apparatus. He does a quick line up with the the two ducking behind cover and chuckles over comm. "You don't want yer rebellion to burn out thinking "Golly, at least I didn't make some black-eyed black-skinned black-hearted officer take the time to read some spider-mama some condolences. Dear Ma'am, sorry yer son died trying to enslave innocents."" He shakes his head and thrusts the staff forward, servos firing as they prime the first boon of the Teris research, toxins of the local fish known as Cutters, so-named for a tendency to induce powerful hallucinations in larger prey at first blood. They tended to cut and run, as it were.

The projectile end of the stave fires two vials of the juice and they perfectly crash into the raised heads of the Rifleman and his Officer, a quick exposure to air prompting a chemical reaction that rings the two in choking gas. Doped up, freaking out and so sick the Officer collapses... Ziv's howling with laughter and slapping a knee as the substance expertly incapacitates! He pantomimes wiping a tear from his helmet's eye and straightens up. "Two in the head for each of 'em and do it quick, lets get us outta here!"

Move: Move to L7
Standard: Lightning Arc Primary hits Drow Officer and Drow Rifleman(Yellow)
Deals 8 Damage to Rifleman(Yellow) and 13 Damage to Officer
Both are Dazed UEOMNT.
Lightning Arc Secondary hits Officer and knocks them Prone.

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv glides up to the car and flexes his hands, one activating the stealth of the suit and creating a brief shimmer and a beat of soundlessness, the other gripping a happy little silver cylinder framed with yellow and black warning labels. He leans around the side and prompts the forearm-to-wrist servo, blasting it into the ground like a rocket! With a prompt pop it erupts in shredding shrapnel and strips of chaffing metal that hover in the air, gently drifting down after the blast. The initial impact puts Yellow Rifleman out of his misery and leaves Blue Rifleman in a nasty spot, all his tech wavering. It's almost a shame that the static is overtaking his comms as Ziv calls out in Elven: <"Yeah, it's some harsh poo poo to fight 'em when they fight back!">

Move: Move to R8
Minor: Beast Mode, Shift to S9
Standard: Locust Swarm, a 3x3 from T8 to V6(Bottom Left Corner to Upper Right Corner)
Create Zone in that 3x3 UEOMNT that causes Enemies inside to grant Combat Advantage
Crit for 13 Damage kills Yellow Rifleman
Miss Blue Rifleman, but he grants CA while in the zone!

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2016 around 03:25

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Thanks but no thanks. I think we can finish these fellas off first." With a casual gesture Ziv tosses another little package to the Drow in front of him, a powerful flashbang exploding a bit more violently than normal and blasting the two with a powerful, disorienting spread of shrapnel, chemical mixture and of course the loud white blast. The two are knocked off their feet as Ziv casually withdraws with such speed that he looks like he's just toying with the poor fools.

Minor: Out of Beast Mode, Shift to S10
Standard: Gust of Wind hitting both the Riot Control and Officer
Deals 10 Damage to both
Prones both
Push Riot to R8, Push Officer to S7
Move: Move to U11

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

(Retrained Locust Form to Pounce. Fluff is using the staff and suit servos to deliver sudden blows and impacts via Pounce. And that Ziv has run out of chaff grenades. Utility 2 is Warding Wind and Feat is Predator's Burst. Figure I'll grow into more proper Predatoring as the Enc/Dailies become better for it.)

Ziv hopped aboard and was quiet as he did a check on his gear. Thing about one-of-a-kind is that you can't take it into the nearest tech block for quick and easy repairs. And hell, they were on lockdown in some backwater anyway. Speaking of which, he'd have to make due with the absence of reliable supplies. He reckoned that a few modifications and he'd have an alternative to costly devices... he was completely absorbed in planning and testing of his gear, totally oblivious to the mini-drama unfolding in the van!

But he gets the gist of it. His helmet tilts up and he speaks with a steady, patient drawl. "Everybody tells themselves what they wanna hear, y'know? I'm sure the Queen Spider tells them boys that what they're doin' is right, same as we're tellin' each other right now. Lissen here, Ellie. At the end of the day you do what's right by you, yeah? Ain't about cakes and cherry poppin' rookies in the F Oh E. But you don't need no justification fer self defense and that's what this whole rebellion is in the end. One long defense of basic freedoms."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv finishes the adjustments to his staff and rolls his shoulders, almost like he was preparing to shrug but just couldn't quite get the effort going. "Start small, I suppose. You're entitled to live free and be happy, yeah? Ain't never done nobody no harm that didn't deserve it? Yeah, if you're at a good spot then I reckon fellas inflicting bad on you to push you out of it ain't on the right side of things." He gets up to head into base with the rest once the van arrives. "Now funny thing, when it's all said and done... usually whoever won writes that they were right and whoever lost was clearly wrong, cause they lost, so they're wrong, and they're wrong, cause they lost... and so on. Things get messy when opinions are involved. I prefer simple facts."

He makes a finger-gun motion and the wink would be visible if he wasn't wearing a helmet. "So just remember yer right to live free and happy, yeah?"

---

As Bodan comes to greet them, Ziv feels an idea coming on. She's singing their praises and proud of them, a job well done, good moods all around. The perfect time to strike. As she makes the round Ziv offers up a raised hand, held in a little fist. The true mettle of the general could be measured by whether or not she returned the fist bump. "Just doin' the right thing, General. Felt good to let 'em have it."

Once they're clear of the briefing and Ziv has a bit of privacy he indulges the rest of his night in a tried and true rookie recruit's stealth buzz: breaking down one of his med kit's coagulate and infection fighting agents and mixing with some common space ship reactants to get a low-line trip going. Easy mats, a nice ride for the anxious newbie in the barracks and drat near minimal burnout in the morning. And hey, nothing to piss hot on either.

---

Ziv returns to the briefing table in full suit again, stepping from foot to foot with some eagerness. "Mornin' General. Sounds like that depot is a mighty good time... maybe strike while the iron is hot, yeah?" The thought of wet-work wasn't completely horrible, but maybe on a planet with more of a city scene than "the one place big enough to land and unload ships."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 19:06

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv spends the drive over testing his radio, taking the time to imagine codenames for each of his allies. "Hmmm..."

"Ghost Face."

"Tin Can."

"Enigma."

"Starlet."

"Brick Shithouse." He decides not to try that one out. "Captain."

He gestures to himself with a thumb. "Mmm... how about Made Man?"

Once all that's agreed upon, Ziv begins breaking down most of his gear. He'll stick to thick slacks and long sleeves to hide the mechanical bits of his suit, but he'll need to stow the helmet, the heavier coat and most of the gear. Lucky thing the staff halves back down to it's original maintenance tool size, neatly sliding into itself, just like the advanced ratchet that serves as the base. He stows everything in a carrying backpack and takes solace in that at least he can carry most of it instead of wearing it.

Thinking fast, he offers the coat to Unsung. "I reckon you are a bit uh, too unique. Itself bein' a unique problem to have."

---


Zivilyn

Hopping out of the van, Ziv's just another pointy-eared country boy with some piercings, plain clothes and just enough of a groomed face to pass any inspections. He gives the others a two finger salute and grins, heading off to the Rough Edge. "I'll keep in touch."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Perception 14

Ziv saunters up to the counter, giving each lit beer sign the proper attention it deserves. After carefully considering his options he offers some space bucks to the bar keep and grins real stupid and out-of-town-like. "Hey barman, can I get some extraTeristrial?" He points at the sign to help his case, a cheesy glam bottle logo set against a flat triangle of stars. Never quite made it off planet for some reason. He take a seat and smiles real wide, looking real chatty and just glad to be there. "Kind of a shame ta' get stuck here on my first visit. Might be a while, I reckon." Once he gets his drink he obliges with a big gulp. "Ya know any good work 'round these parts?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Thank ya kindly." He listens along to the barman's chat and subtly follows his gaze, making a point not to stare at the two with loose lips. "Ya don't say. Sounds like a real conundrum, innit. Only folks who can investigate anythin' are th' fellas doin' it." He gives the barman a long-suffering smile like they're all familiar with these drat Vular goons. "Keep 'em comin', thank you."

After about three beers Ziv heads for the can. Once he's certain he's whizzing alone he gets his radio ready and fires off some chatter. "Ghost Face, I got some darker knife-eared boys at the Rusty Edge here that need followin' once they head home. You roostin' yet? Over." Sure enough he's actually chatting while actually pissing. "Dunno when they'll go but they can't live here, I reckon. I'll pin a tail on 'em too but I could use an eye in the sky. Over." Drip, drip. He zips up and finishes the conversation before heading out... once he's back at the bar he'll do a nice slow burn with beer until those chatty Drow head out.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Streetwise 17

Ziv pays his tab and tries to keep up with snooping around that block without being too conspicuous. Maybe ask around and see if anybody local lives in the complex. No point in guns blazing a dozen times in a row trying to find the right room or getting some civvies caught in the crossfire. He fiddles with his radio while watching the front door from a distant alley. "So Ghost Face, you wanna set up in the opposite building? Or are we gonna grab Brick Shithous..." Whoops. Oh well." "... and just check every room the old fashioned way? Over."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Mulling it over for a bit, Ziv decides that regret is for fellas who have time to waste on moping about. He puts on a winning smile, on account of expression carrying through tone in radio communication, and speaks in his usual upbeat dulcet tone. "Well shucks Captain, I guess it's a date. Now lissen here, sounds like we're gunnin' for the fourth floor. Pair of spider-lovers by the name a' Tulaie and Eluris live up there... reckon they might be too important fer grunt work. You use the Thup-Thup on those two, Ghost Face. Cling-Clang fer anyone else... unless we're actually doin' this stealth style." He waits for the group to agree on a plan of attack. "For what it's worth, I guess this is suppos'ta be stealth style. Over."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv decides to play back-up and loiters in a nearby hall until he hears the tell-tale signs of Naivara making somebody's day a lot worse. He checks his pack for something before heading for the door with Kvardek...


Zivilyn

He stops the runner at the door, now wearing his suit's helmet. He speaks with the usual light distortion as he and Kvardek lead the free Drow back inside, Ziv making sure to close and lock the door. "Sounds like our next stop. Would be a real shame if these fellas sent word before we got there..." He shoves the runner towards his massive robotic pal and does a quick case of the place, destroying anything used for communications with small shocks from his forearm cybernetics. "A real shame. Kinda thing that might make some of my friends mad... ya know, mad enough to kill?" He looks to the drow and tilts his head, then raises two fingers and gives them a friendly lil' salute.

"We're in kind of a hurry so I reckon the only thing left to do is knock 'em out or bury 'em. Yer choice. Looks like that closet locks."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv gets out his staff and gives it a twist, letting it slide out to full length. Without much formal ado he cracks the Drow across the back of the head. "Perceived threat, big fella. He tips off somebody in this buildin' with a phone and we'll be walkin' into an ambush." He gestures to the closet. "Dump these boys, they'll recover. Let's move." He compresses and stores the staff and stores it before heading out.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Watching a brick wall and a literal metal man talk was about as riveting as philosophical debates between rocks, so Ziv figured somebody would have to actually make a call here. He queues up the radio. "Hey Ghost Face, can you take out their eyes? Off screen is better than on, I reckon."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv decides to handle the key cards and pops up beside Kvardek, giving the reader a slide and waiting for the door to open... out of line of sight, behind the frame. "I reckon this'll go hot unless we ain't seen at all..."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Perception 17...Passive Perception 23

Ziv flashes Kvardek the thumbs up and heads in with him to KO the guard and check the camera feeds. Maybe give a helping staff strike or little electric taze. Always a team player. "I reckon we saw four cameras outside at best, so time ta' reverse engineer where th' others are via careful observation..." Assuming four to cover all approaches from outside, Ziv's hoping that at least 1-2 of the camera feeds are internal and pointing at targets of interest.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Our first priority is that special shipment, we need info on that. I reckon we can save everybody after we lock that down." He looks over at the comatose fella. "We're a bit past the point where we worry about whether or not they tighten up security, Ghost-Face. I think them fellas back at the apartment will eventually beat their door in a straight fight."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Don't fret none, I think I can hack this gibson." Ziv gives it the old college try before heading for the stairs.

Arcana 16

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn


2 Square move to D17

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv strides forward, confidently fiddling through some HUD UI in his helmet before closing the distance to one of the guards, servos along his arms firing as he takes up his staff. His form shimmers and he steps around the befuddled man, taking advantage of his need to not look away from Naivara. A shame there's more than one threat to his life around these parts.

With one fast machine-assisted motion Ziv cracks him across the back of the skull, the whole thing a barely visible shimmer in the air and a crack of thunder. "What's say we make this quick, pick these boys off and ask the egg-head after the fact. I'm hopin' bein' underground diminishes escape options and all... but if not, maybe one of ya can stick ta her." He coolly spins his staff once and holds his stance, ready and waiting. The nanites aren't that annoying... yet.

Move: Move to G13
Minor: Wild Shape and Shift to H13, Flanking!
Standard: Pounce vs Blue's Reflex, hit on 17
13 Damage
Save: 3, failed.

Blue grants CA to the next Attack he takes before end of my next turn.

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 30/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 7)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	18      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +7
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Thinking fast, Ziv has an extended staff vs baton duel with Blue Guard. He barely edges ahead and activates the firing mechanism while nothing is loaded, simply causing a machine-powered extension directly into the guard's gut. He shouts off to the side while his foe is reeling: "Ya really reckon anyone falls for that? Surrender or else, we don't wanna hurt you? I mean, it'd be real unfortunate if'n we had to bruise ya before the execution?"

Whiffing a PounceBarely Hits says GM for 13 Damage
Save Fails

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 26/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 7)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	18      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2016 around 18:46

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv slides around to the side and gives ol' Red a staff whack across the back of the noggin. "I get th' feeling you fellas never rehearsed this with that gal over there."

Move: to J15
Standard: Pounce hits Red for 11 Damage

He grants CA to the next Attack made against him.

Save Fails

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 26/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 7)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	18      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Dec 14, 2016 around 05:31

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

(Grabbing a Badge of the Berserker +1. Those neck gains to Defenses and a passive to ignore OAs when Charging!)

"Woah now. This is a bit of a bad scene." Ziv makes the rounds and stops to very closely study the medical records and the supplies they're using to treat these girls.

(I'm not sure which roll would cover it so have a spread.)

Heal 8
Nature 23
Passive Insight 21
Passive Perception 23

Ziv is trying to pick up on anything that relates to the process of applying and treating the grafts, including anything covering the usual dangers of amputation and transplant. He isn't the best medic but he can certainly follow along in the treatment of the biological... basically, he's a doctor, but not THAT kind of doctor! "Hey Starlet, I reckon y'all are members of the same survivors club. Before we free these girls we gotta know what they need treatment for, especially any long term. Lucky us, I think them over-enthusiastic lab workers have left us a good set of starter supplies. Just gotta know how they work." Ever the gentleman, Ziv helps unstrap the girl's arms and torso so she can sit up. He gestures to her legs and asks her to wait a bit. "And if'n there's anything you can tell us about your treatment here... somehow, I don't think they're too concerned about patient comfort, yeah? Yer legs feel uh... safe? Usable?"

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 30/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 7/8 (V: 7)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	16	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Well, I might've just sat out all this business and tried to live the way I prefer, but them Imperium boys made that pretty hard. They pushed me into a corner so I pushed back." He jerks his arm up and gestures with his thumb over his shoulder back out the door. "I guess somebody should've told ol' Red and Blue back there that they might be fightin' more than strapped down prisoners." He takes a moment to size up the meds and separate them into portions for three, accidentally letting a bit of that trained scientist decorum shine through. He also backs up the e-book on his personal HUD and sees about getting the girls some copies, surely there's a few generic PDAs or the like to spare in a big ol' base like this. Hell, maybe Red, Blue and Peacenik were carrying some.

Speaking of which, once Ziv has the three converted girls set up with their "prescription" he double checks the corpse of the mopey scientist real thorough-like. Maybe find some more important orders, her credentials, hell maybe even the keys she uses to get around the building. "Our gig here was search and rescue but I got a real bad feeling they ain't gonna say "Oh well" and close up shop." He eyes up all the delicate tools they use, the surgery table, the diagnostics, the computers. "I guess the practical thing would be to break all this equipment, but even then I bet the Imperium has a good R&D budget." He cups his chin, while wearing a helmet, so it's not quite as soothing and conducive to thought. "Demolitions might send the right message..."

Once they happen upon the informant Ziv mimes a moment of consideration towards putting the gag back in, then affects a harmless shrug and frees her. "Howdy, miss. You seem to be a little extra deep cover. I admire that dedication."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv gives the informant a quick little finger-gun gesture. "You're in, just keep a cool head. Ya listen to us and get outta this alive, yeah? They say the best revenge is livin' well..." He makes a quick lap around the science lab, deciding to do some quick sabotage of the delicate equipment he recognizes. A bit redundant, but drat if it ain't fun to intentionally bend bits on microscopes that'll ruin the whole thing, or to give quick punches to monitors and crack 'em. He also sets up some(but not all!) of the explosives they've got to blow later. "Hey, we need to break the elevator on our way out. Bar the stairs if they got 'em. Uh, maybe check the rest of the rooms. This place is set to blow... ya know, in a bit. Prolly around the same time we jump that convoy. Nothin' like a distraction, yeah?"

While he's at it, Ziv figures there's no tech like reverse engineered tech and checks around for any loose robotic limbs to grab one or two.

Ziv calls in for everybody's input on the convoy attack and offers his own. "We jump 'em soon, right outta town. Catch 'em without any guard posts or back up. Be far away from this buildin' before it blows or some big wig spider silker calls in and realizes their subordinates are too dead to radio back. Let's hit 'em within the next hour, I reckon?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Tired, give Initiative, edit post later.)

Initiative 15

Position: S12

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2017 around 02:40

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Detonating a small bit of explosives to stall the convoy(and setting off the ordinance they rigged back in the lab to level that entirely), Ziv pops up from cover and raises his staff, giving the clods down below a chance to panic. After a bit of feel good posin' he quick-fingers a pair of vials into one end of the stave and takes aim upon two of the more important looking boys. A quick arming time and steady aim leads to two successful doses, the thumb-sized payload fired like bullets but shattering on impact.

The sudden addition of oxygen causes the paralytic toxins inside to boil and steam, dealing 15 Damage(with Nai's +4 to the Officer) to both and Dazing(UEOMNT)! The nerve damage is one thing, the burning of airways another... but good lord, the smell. Ziv chuckles as he relaxes his posture and strafes over to the side towards V12.

Standard: Lightning Arc on Officer and Sharpshooter 1
Hits both for 15 Damage, Dazes UEOMNT
Move: Move to V12

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 30/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 7/8 (V: 7)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	16	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Being stabbed and shot hurt a lot more when the metals bits found you. That'd be a really profound insight he could add to anything he wrote after the war, assuming he put a stop to such things and got to see it. Acting entirely on a sudden surge of nature's drug of choice, adrenaline, Ziv thrusts one arm forward and an arm-servo rockets the motion into a chest-crushing push back, sending the Gobbo that rushed him flying!

Think good better safe... right. Ziv dashes to the nearby truck to take some cover and try to calm down.

Standard: Grasping Tide vs Gobbo 4's Will, 24, killing him.
Move: to T9 (Behind the nearest truck.)

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 18/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 7/8 (V: 7)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	16	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Ziv would offer a thanks, an OK gesture or even a thumbs up, what with Starlet saving his life and all... but it turns out the absence of bullets after they tear flesh and deliver kinetic impact still really loving hurt. He holds his side and raises his non-staff hand in a heroic friendly wave.

Being constantly shot at was doing wonders for his disposition. Revving up the finer technical aspects of his suit he tries to set a perfect laser pointer line of focus back at the Sniper, who was no doubt doing the same to him with an actual scope. Since any variation at the base will result in a miss, all that adrenaline pumping makes the first shot go wide. The second time he meets the Sniper's scope with a cool refraction of light and a jolt of juice, blasting that poor fella's iris with pure solar goodness.

Blind but alive... and pissed. That wasn't the intended outcome. Ziv was looking for more of a dead and not aiming at handsome men trying to take cover behind trucks. Thinking fast, Ziv shifts his suit to the usual obfuscation function and hauls rear end to a more solid piece of line of sight breaking cover!

Standard + AP Standard: Two Jolts of Lightning vs Sharpshooter 1, one hit for 9 Damage
Minor: Shift to S10
Move: Move to L10

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 11/30		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 6/8 (V: 7)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	16	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[X] Gust of Wind	        
Pounce                  [ ] Warding Wind
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +8
Melee: +9, 1d8+2
Ranged: +5, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Predator's Burst: +2 Speed and +1 Damage to Charges in Wild Shape
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2017 around 04:53

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

After Combat: Unloading the trucks? Ziv ain't got any such thing remotely close to the general proximity of his mind as he hunkers down in passenger's seat of one of the big convoys, using one hand to check his pockets for some of the things he found back in the Vular base... he had an eye for these sort of thing when they were helping those unwilling volunteers for the research effort. With a quick mental thank you to some random deity of his people, or somethin', he finds just what he needs.

Two doses of the medical grade painkillers, the kind those little flowers needed to grow adjusted to their unnecessary surgery. He felt a certain kinship with them at the moment. Their limbs removed to be forcefully replaced with metal. Him, forcefully injected with searing lead in the first big mistake he's made since joining this two-bit rebellion. Something about being in line of sights and close enough to be shot sat really poorly with him. After fiddling with some straps on his forearm and exposing a bit of skin between the home-made machinery, he shoots up and sits really goodly for the rest of the ride back to base. Muttering to no one in particular he quietly brainstorms during the trip: "teleportin' the bullets out is good but it feels like half th' job, ya know... now see, what ya gotta really do is teleport some of this stuff into the veins right after...I tell ya what..."

---


Zivilyn

(Swapped from Primal Predator to Primal Wrath, swapped a feat, swapped two powers, got armor and staff, bought an arms item with gold.)

Waking up at the crack of dawn thanks to his little relaxer on the way back to base, Ziv's mind is flaring with the need to work. Borrowing some tools lying around this ramshackle base doesn't seem to be a big deal, reckon that only thing that'd bother any of these rebel hotheads is pinching their guns. And without any drat GSHA guidelines restricting him, Ziv was free to make all the adjustments to industrial voltage he wanted, particularly while wired on some cheap home-made uppers! Besides, if something went wrong and his fist went flying off of his elbow, nobody'd be hurt but him. And ideally some spider-ears standing opposite him.

But nah, what he needed was to reduce the overclocking on the mobility and soup up the staff implement a bit more. Administering problems at range to Vular goons was the ticket, rather than this idea that maybe he should be in the middle of the fighting like he's as formidable as Kvardek or as manly as Naivara. Needed to play to his strengths. And in this case, his strengths were dousing fools in cheap coolant, rigging up poor man's smoke screens and producing an exciting new thunder clap function. Should discharge a nice volley across everything facing away from his grounding frame. Or launch both hands. Science didn't have much room for the timid. And last but not least his morphine-assisted magnum opus: a launchable dart full of medi-gel and things that make organics feel good. Teleport the drugs directly into 'em! Genius!

Showing up at the debriefing wearing a flawless pair of sunglasses to hide bloodshot eyes, Ziv gives the general a casual salute. "Don't fret about them boys we left in the apartment. They don't matter none since they didn't get to raise no alarm before we got to raisin' hell." He thinks for a bit, cupping his chin with one hand. "Ya know, their MO don't add up. They grafted cybernetics to Starlet a while before this and they're obviously still goin' at it. But why would you wire up somebody that's gonna be mad as hell at you with all your best new experimental hardware? Life support.. coffins.. hmm." He paces the war room table a bit.

"The only follow up to that, with them ingredients is some kinda.. I dunno. Mind control. Brain washing. Indoctrinatin'. Nothin' else makes much sense, unless they're sloppy enough to ruin the stuff rippin' it off the girls after they perfect the augmentin'." He tilts his head to one shoulder and crosses his arms, sighing. "Lemme guess, boss... heavy ordinance fer christmas and our next job's "rougher"? I'm guessin' this lil' outpost was feedin' into the real heart of the operation..."

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 35/35		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	17	Action Points: 0
Speed: 7		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Chill Wind(E)		[ ] Second Wind            [ ] Lightning Arc(E)
Jolt of Lightning(E)	[ ] Wall of Smoke          [ ] Serpentskin(Item)
Pounce                  [ ] Lesser Restoration     [ ] Feyswarm(Item)
Wild Shape              [ ] Tundra Wind(E)

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +9
Melee: +10, 1d8+2
Ranged: +6, 1d10+2
Crits: +1d6 Fire and Daze

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Wrath: +1 Attack to Elemental Powers (+E)
Superior Reflexes: CA against all Enemies on first turn.
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

After a night on a few too many mental stimulants, Ziv could've swore that their next assignment was to sneak into a heavily fortified enemy base. And that a giant bug was going to help them. By the time he was capable of long-term coherent planning and abstract thought he seemed to be in the middle of a fire fight after helping Stoaga sneak into a base, the sum of his contributions he was pretty sure amounting to letting her use his back as a stepping point.

Right. Real action and real consequences. He didn't want to get shot again and somebody needed to start dealing with these fancy dug-in boys. He had just the thing! A mix of flash-bang and conventional grenade, a bit of a diminished result from both, but guaranteed to move somebody whether they wanted to or not. He winds up for the pitch and...

Bounces it right off the guard tower. Outstanding. He steps off to the side behind cover to die of shame, perhaps.

Standard Chilling Wind vs Sniper 1, whiff.
Move: Move to C13

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 35/35		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 7		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Chill Wind(E)		[ ] Second Wind            [ ] Lightning Arc(E)
Jolt of Lightning(E)	[ ] Wall of Smoke          [ ] Serpentskin(Item)
Pounce                  [ ] Lesser Restoration     [ ] Feyswarm(Item)
Wild Shape              [ ] Tundra Wind(E)

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +9
Melee: +10, 1d8+2
Ranged: +6, 1d10+2
Crits: +1d6 Fire and Daze

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Wrath: +1 Attack to Elemental Powers (+E)
Superior Reflexes: CA against all Enemies on first turn.
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 1, 2017 around 15:08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

The time for redemption has come! Ziv winds up for the pitch and... goes high, bouncing it off the top end of the tower frame-work. He doubles over and slaps his knee, cursing loudly. But fortune smiles upon him as the little incendiary bounces high before falling down some a tactical gap related to military aesthetics. It lands beside the Sniper and goes off with a deafening bang and a forceful shockwave, knocking them head over heels out of the tower.

Ziv relocates to follow up and take better cover, and to be a bit more clear of any relevant targets.

Standard: Chill Wind vs Sniper 3's Fort, hit for 7 Damage and Slide 1, moving them out of their tower to C18
Move: Move to F18

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 35/35		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	For:	14	Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +12		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 7		Will:	19      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Chill Wind(E)		[ ] Second Wind            [ ] Lightning Arc(E)
Jolt of Lightning(E)	[ ] Wall of Smoke          [ ] Serpentskin(Item)
Pounce                  [ ] Lesser Restoration     [ ] Feyswarm(Item)
Wild Shape              [ ] Tundra Wind(E)

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +9
Melee: +10, 1d8+2
Ranged: +6, 1d10+2
Crits: +1d6 Fire and Daze

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Berserker: Ignore OAs provoked when Charging
Primal Wrath: +1 Attack to Elemental Powers (+E)
Superior Reflexes: CA against all Enemies on first turn.
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«4 »