Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"We have contact," Kvardek sent out through his subvocal array, reaching the women in the alley but likely not Ziv and Kacht. Too far away, too much noise, too much interference. "Taking suppressive action, may need backup." He put Queen Asarte in charge; in her quest to pacify her long-unstable kingdom she quelled numerous rebellions and uprisings, the perfect mind to disable and capture without causing collateral damage. He opened a panel on his stomach and used one of the new upgrades he had installed after the victory on the command ship. Riot foam was hardly a new idea: it spread out quickly over an area then once exposed to air it hardened to prevent anyone caught in it from moving, breaking up violence without causing harm. This stuff, though, was the big brother of the riot foam used by civilian law enforcement; it expanded fast enough to leave bruises and solidified like rock before the echo from the aerosol fizz faded.

It worked masterfully. A bubbly eggshell foam shot out of his stomach and splattered over the drow. Before they had even finished recoiling the coating became the color of asparagus and froze them in mid-reaction. True, it would be a massive undertaking to try and harm any of them through the gunk, but they weren't going anywhere for a while. He appended his earlier missive with, "Um. They are not neutralized per se but they're going to be sticking around, if you need a moment to get your bearings."

Move: to P6, Shadow Walk activates.
Minor: Warlock's Curse to Drow Lime.
Standard: Vestige of the Onyx Queen, targeting a close blast 3 to catch all three Drow here in the blast. The attack vs. Drow Lime has CA.
Vestige of the Onyx Queen vs Fortitude: 1d20+15+2 27 2#1d20+15 27 25 2d8+3d8+9 33 split between poison, radiant, and psychic damage to Lime Drow and 23 poison damage to Orange and Maroon Drow. All are petrified (save ends) and after saving they become immobilized (save ends).
No Action: Amulet of Elegy, all drow get -3 to their first saving throw against the Petrify effect.

pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 83/83 (THP:-)	AC:   24    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 11/11 (V: 20)	For:  25    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +12		Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 24    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common
Save Bonuses: +2 vs. ongoing damage	
Status: Concealment (Melee and Ranged attacks against you get a -2 penalty to the attack roll.)
Defense Bonuses: +1 all vs. cursed enemies, +2 all vs. opportunity attacks

Melee Basic: +16 vs. AC, 1d8+9 damage (+3d8 vs. cursed enemies) and slide target 1 square

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] V. Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [ ] V. Xandor  
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 		[X] V. Onyx Queen
Hand of Blight		[ ] My Body, Myself! 		[ ] Dark One's Luck
			[ ] Alter Time			[ ] Augury
			[ ] Overwhelming Radiance	[ ] Trained from Birth
			[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call
Active Vestige: Onyx Queen
Vestige - Onyx Queen: Eyes of the Vestige deals an additional 1d10 poison damage.
Onyx Queen Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, one creature within 5 squares gets -2 Fort UEoYNT.

Item Powers
[-] Delver's Light (A) - Shed bright, dim, or no light to 20 squares.
[-] Final Messenger (A) - Program a message to be sent in case of your death.
[X] Amulet of Elegy (D) - (NA) When you inflict a SE effect, all targets get -3 to first saving throw.
[ ] Warsoul Dagger +1 (D) - (II) Get melee basic attack when adjacent enemy shifts.
[ ] Belt of Sacrifice (D) - (Mi) Lose two healing surges, ally within 5 regains one.
[ ] Resplendent Boots (D) - (Mo) Become invisible and move your speed, becoming visible after this action.

Passive Bonuses:
Warlock's Bracers: +1 item bonus to all defenses vs. cursed enemies.
Shadow Warlock Armor: While you have concealment from Shadow Walk, cursed enemies grant CA to you.
Resplendent Boots: Get a bonus vs. opportunity attacks equal to items in Resplendent set. (+2)
Staff Expertise: Don't take OAs from making ranged/area attacks in melee.
Belt of Sacrifice: Allies within 5 squares get a +1 bonus to healing surge value.
Preparing Action: When you spend an action point, allies within 5 get Int mod temp HP (5) and can
	shift 1 square as a free action.
Cursed Shot: When determining Prime Shot, ignore adjacent, helpless, stunned, dominated, 
	unconscious, or petrified allies.
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 3d8 psychic and radiant damage to cursed targets 1/turn, gain 
	Pact Boon when cursed target dies.
Radiant Curse: 1/round can add curse damage to ally's damage if you did not deal curse damage this
	round.
Bloodied Boon: When a cursed target is bloodied, you may remove your Warlock's Curse to get Pact Boon.
S.K. Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, regain your fell might. (Only one boon!)

Triggers:
If I roll a 7 or less for initiative, I will use the Trained from Birth for a Specific Prophecy
	background benefit to reroll initiative.
If I am struck with the stun or dominate condition, I will use My Body, Myself! to remove that condition
	and gain dazed (save ends) instead at the cost of 1 healing surge.
If I am critically hit or take more than 30 damage in one hit, I will use Destiny Inversion to reduce
	damage to 0 and instead gain ongoing half the original damage (SE).
If I miss or do not attack on my turn, I will deal 3d8 psychic and radiant damage to a cursed 
	enemy the next time an ally hits them.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"It will hold them for a while, but not... forever." Too late, she was already out of the room. Those drow would be very angry when they did break out, and he did not want to be the only target available when they did. He leaned out the door and saw Naivara's predicament. Carefully, carefully... he aimed a shot which blew off the top of the raptor's head without stopping, ricocheted off the opposite wall, and bounced back to nail the goblin he could barely see from this angle between the eyes. He got the feeling he should inform anyone who asked that of course that was completely intentional. He nodded once to Naivara and moved slightly aside, holding the door while gesturing to the building interior. "Coming, Captain?"

Move: to M10, Shadow Walk activates
Minor: Warlock's Curse to K11 Goblin
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige to L13 Raptor
Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+15 26 1d6+11 12 DEAD
Dealing my curse damage to Goblin at K11, killing him.
No Action: Pact Boon triggers, Drow Lime gets -2 Fortitude UEoMNT.

pre:
Kvardek   
Status: Concealment (Melee and Ranged attacks against you get a -2 penalty to the attack roll.)

Melee Basic: +16 vs. AC, 1d8+9 damage (+3d8 vs. cursed enemies) and slide target 1 square

[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call
Vestige - Onyx Queen: Eyes of the Vestige deals an additional 1d10 poison damage.
Onyx Queen Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, one creature within 5 squares gets -2 Fort UEoYNT.

Item Powers
[X] Amulet of Elegy (D) - (NA) When you inflict a SE effect, all targets get -3 to first saving throw.
[ ] Warsoul Dagger +1 (D) - (II) Get melee basic attack when adjacent enemy shifts.
[ ] Belt of Sacrifice (D) - (Mi) Lose two healing surges, ally within 5 regains one.
[ ] Resplendent Boots (D) - (Mo) Become invisible and move your speed, becoming visible after this action.

Passive Bonuses:
Shadow Warlock Armor: While you have concealment from Shadow Walk, cursed enemies grant CA to you.
Resplendent Boots: Get a bonus vs. opportunity attacks equal to items in Resplendent set. (+2)
Belt of Sacrifice: Allies within 5 squares get a +1 bonus to healing surge value.
Preparing Action: When you spend an action point, allies within 5 get Int mod temp HP (5) and can
Cursed Shot: When determining Prime Shot, ignore adjacent, helpless, stunned, dominated, 
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 3d8 psychic and radiant damage to cursed targets 1/turn, gain 
Radiant Curse: 1/round can add curse damage to ally's damage if you did not deal curse damage this
	round.
Bloodied Boon: When a cursed target is bloodied, you may remove your Warlock's Curse to get Pact Boon.
S.K. Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, regain your fell might. (Only one boon!)

Triggers:
If I roll a 7 or less for initiative, I will use the Trained from Birth for a Specific Prophecy
If I am struck with the stun or dominate condition, I will use My Body, Myself! to remove that condition
If I am critically hit or take more than 30 damage in one hit, I will use Destiny Inversion to reduce
If I miss or do not attack on my turn, I will deal 3d8 psychic and radiant damage to a cursed 

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"Ah yes, your recent promotion. Forgive me, I had forgotten. Should we update your code name, then?" He glanced outside to indicate the still raging battle, then toward the three drow in the room. "Although this may not be the time to discuss it."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

The drow were breaking free, that was not good. At least it seemed to have taken enough effort to keep them from being immediately threatening. "I am ethically obligated to provide you the opportunity to surrender but we are in something of a hurry," he said in a deadpan, walking over to one of them and activating his palm blaster. His shot left a smouldering crater in their armor; it held for now but not for much longer. "If you wish to submit, do it now."

Move: to L6
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige vs. Drow Lime.
Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+15+2+1 33 1d6+1d10+3d8+11 36 psychic and radiant damage. I place my Warlock's Curse on Drow Maroon. For bloodying Drow Lime I remove my curse to activate Pact Boon, he gets -2 Fort UEoMNT (this doesn't stack with the first one, I'm just reapplying it so it lasts another turn).
Minor: Curse Drow Lime.

pre:
Kvardek   

[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"None of that," Kvardek said with a dismissive tone as he blasted the drow still holding her rifle. "Executing a surrendering soldier is a war crime, even I know that."

Standard: Eyes of the Vestige to Drow Maroon.
Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+15+2+1 32 1d6+1d10+3d8+11 39 psychic and radiant damage, I place my Curse on Drow Orange and remove the Curse from Drow Maroon to give it -2 Fort UEoMNT.
Minor: Curse Drow Maroon.
Move: to M9, Shadow Walk activates.

pre:
Kvardek   

[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

It... worked. For once, calling for an end to hostilities actually worked! He had not planned on that. He removed some rope from his pack and situated himself behind the drow. "I need your hands behind your back, standard protocol you understand. Oh don't be so depressed about this, if Counter Admiral Valoryn Elix could take being captured in good humor you can at least follow her example."

Move: to O5
If you feel tying up the surrendering drow requires a roll feel free to use whatever skill is appropriate.

pre:
Kvardek   

[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"Ah, excellent timing. We have just finished dealing with the hostiles here as well." He gave his knots one final tug to test their strength and was satisfied with the results. "I'm not entirely sure what we're going to do with prisoners, but it is better in the grand scheme of things to have that problem rather than more corpses. You may come back and assist me with lifting the data we need, there should be no obstacles left so we can take our time and go."

Arcana: 1d20+15 23 to hack the system and find usable info.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 13, 2018

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"It is not as though they are voices whispering in my ears," he explained while tapping away on the keys. "They do not 'live' in any sense of the word you or I would recognize. I can simply run the facts and stimuli available to me through their brainpaths and determine what they would have thought or done if they were alive. That being said..." He tapped on his forehead with his pointer finger. "The port should be our first target. Prevent shipments from going out, prevent reinforcements from coming in. Ordinarily sending a separate strike force to take out the governor would be ideal, but this is not viable with our small numbers. Besides, we are fighting drow, not Alliance. Fleeing from an important settlement would make any commissioned Alliance officer a laughingstock and a demotion; I suspect a Vular Lieutenant Colonel doing the same would earn a blaster bolt to their face. If fleeing means death they will stay even as their situation looks hopeless. It does, however, mean we will be pushing them into a corner. There is no telling what they might do."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

He felt a wave of fear and panic sweep over him, much worse than any time he was being shot at. "M- Starlet, you can't be serious. They've thrown down their weapons, they don't want to fight anymore, killing them would be cold-blooded murder. I'm fully aware we can't let them report back to their superiors, but... surely there's some other way?" Even as he spoke he ran through his options and felt despair closing in. Leaving them defenseless in this burnt-out husk of a base would be condemning them to a slow death of starvation or a hideous death of being eaten alive by any predators who came to investigate. Jakkyou was in no condition to take care of prisoners, and at any rate would likely slit their throats at the earliest opportunity. They had no prison to place them in and no one to spare to guard them. Still, after he had finally managed to get some of the Vular to see reason, there had to be some way to spare them...

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"I seem to recall the last time we were at a docking bay we barely escaped with our lives. That was with a much smaller and heavily defended starport, and our purpose was merely to cripple them and not burn everything to ashes and salt the earth. It seems clear the governor's mansion is a better play." He tapped one finger against his chin while humming a tune. "Being in the middle of the city, it is probably not possible for us to get there without being seen. So we'll have to be careful to simply be beneath notice by blending in with the local culture. Any suggestions?"

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

It would be potentially dangerous for the governor to contact the main drow fleet. If nothing else he might try to verify the "messengers" who arrived unannounced on his doorstep and that would put all of them in a tricky position. He put a hand to his ear in an exaggerated motion to catch his attention, then said in a robotic monotone, "Incoming notification: the base to the southeast of Kajalla has not checked in and is not responding to communication requests. Chance of base falling due to indigenous life or local resistance: negligible. The possibility exists that an advance force has landed on the planet and has already established a beachhead. If so the city is hours, not days, from an attack." He returned his hands to his sides to stand at attention. "Your orders, governor?"

Bluff: 1d20+15 30

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

Kvardek communicated silently with the rest of the team through his silent array: "As soon as the order to evacuate goes through we need to destroy them all. We don't know how long whatever Meriele did will last and we can't give him the chance to countermand the order." He sidled over and assessed the situation, providing those nearby with information they would need to take the most efficient and optimal routes to their destinations.

Surprise Round!
Move: Alter Time, move to J9, all allies adjacent to me at the end of this movement can move up to their speed as a free action. That's Ziv, Naivara, and Stoaga.

I'll take my normal turn after I have some more time to think about what I want to do.

pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 88/88 (THP:-)	AC:   25    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 11/11 (V: 22)	For:  26    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +13		Ref:  27    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 25    Vision: Normal

Melee Basic: +18 vs. AC, 1d8+10 damage (+3d8 vs. cursed enemies) and slide target 1 square

[X] Alter Time			[ ] Augury
			[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call
Active Vestige: Zutwa
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
Protective Hex: When you hit a cursed target they get -2 to attack rolls to hit your allies UEoYNT.
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 26, 2018

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

Now that everyone else was in position it was time to make his move. Kvardek dashed into the fray, firing a set of shackles to prevent the remaining Comms operator from returning to their station.

Move: to D13.
Minor: Curse Comms Pink.
Standard: Vestige of Mt. Vaelis to Comms Pink.
Vestige of Mount Vaelis vs Reflex: 1d20+17+2+1 30 2d8+3d8+10 34 thunder damage and Comms Pink cannot walk or run (SE). It also gets -2 to attack rolls vs. my allies UEoMNT from my new Protective Hex feat. Mt. Vaelis becomes my active vestige.

pre:
Kvardek   

Melee Basic: +18 vs. AC, 1d8+10 damage (+3d8 vs. cursed enemies) and slide target 1 square

Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[X] V. Mt. Vaelis
			[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call
Active Vestige: Mt. Vaelis
Vestige - Mt. Vaelis: Eyes of the Vestige deals an additional 1d6 thunder damage.
Mt. Vaelis Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, one other cursed enemy within 5 squares gains
	vulnerable 5 thunder UEoYNT.

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
Protective Hex: When you hit a cursed target they get -2 to attack rolls to hit your allies UEoYNT.
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

He planted his feet securely and put his left hand on his right wrist, preparing to fire an extra-powerful burst at the Comms Operator. "Starlet, move!" was the only warning he gave before a massive bolt tore out of his palm blaster. He had made a few alterations to his systems to allow his blasters to do this after the last mission, but he had not yet field tested it. This proved his undoing; though he braced himself he was unprepared for the sheer magnitude of the blast and skidded back several feet, barely angling the shot away to miss Meriele. But the strike landed home, burning away the soldier's armor entirely as well as several layers of flesh. The Comms Operator's body flopped to the floor and moved no more. He took in the results of his actions as a hiss of steam escaped from his hand, his cooling systems struggling to prevent a thermal event.

He chose this.

Minor: Curse Zinula.
Standard: Overwhelming Radiance to Pink Comms.
Overwhelming Radiance vs Fortitude: 1d20+17+2+1 25 3d10+3d8+10 40 radiant and psychic damage for the kill. Pact Boon activates, Zinula gets vulnerable 5 thunder UEoMNT.
Move: to G15

pre:
Kvardek   

[X] Overwhelming Radiance	[ ] Trained from Birth
			[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call
Vestige - Mt. Vaelis: Eyes of the Vestige deals an additional 1d6 thunder damage.
Mt. Vaelis Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, one other cursed enemy within 5 squares gains

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

He was about to call for Zinula's surrender when he remembered what nearly happened last time. Mercy was all well and good, but they did not have the capability to hold this man captive. Not to mention he could countermand his evacuation order at any time and render this entire adventure fruitless. No, he had to die. Focus on that goal. His right blaster was still in danger of overheating so he compensated with his left, firing two bolts that left lasting marks.

Move: to G11
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+17+2 29 1d6+1d6+3d8+12+6+5 48 radiant, psychic, and thunder damage (after vulnerability is taken into account). Zinula gets -2 to attack rolls vs. my allies UEoMNT.
ACTION POINT: All allies within 5 squares (so everyone) gains 5 temp HP and can shift 1 square as a free action.
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+17+2 38 1d6+1d6+12+5+6 28 radiant, psychic, and thunder damage.

Total 76 damage to Zinula.

pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 88/88 (THP:5)	AC:   25    Passive Insight: 15
Initiative: +13		Ref:  27    Action Points: 0

Warlock's Curse		[X] Action Point 		[X] V. Onyx Queen
			[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

And just like that it all went wrong. He hurriedly moved to protect Stoaga's path of retreat, planting his feet in the face of an overwhelming threat. He fired several laser blasts at Zinula, hoping to convince him to focus on the robot for a brief moment...

Move: to I7
Minor: Curse (if I need to)
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+17+1+2 39 1d6+1d6+3d8+12 38 radiant, psychic, and thunder damage.

pre:
Kvardek   

[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

Still on vacation so not a lot of time, will try to get the RP up later but don't want to hold up the conclusion of the fight.

Move: to F8
Standard: Hero's Arrow vs Reflex: 1d20+17+2 25 2d8+3d8+10 33 damage and all allies adjacent to Zinula recover 5 HP.

pre:
Kvardek   

[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[X] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Clarion Call

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

Killing a man to remove his negative influence on the universe may have been a necessity, but relishing the death was just crass. No need to rub Ziv's nose in it further, however; everyone else was doing well enough. Kvardek busied himself with stripping the computer systems bare, downloading every scrap of data to be looked over later. It was impossible to tell whether an off-hand remark in a three-month old personal mail would reveal troop movements or broad goals, and he would not leave anything behind. "I believe the Major may have forgotten a 'job well done, team', so I say it in her stead. Let us leave the drow to their evacuation and commence our own."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

He nodded to confirm Meirele's report. "The Vular discovered the planet Mraxis was rich in stable Fermium. They were commencing a strip-mining operation to harvest as much as possible and ship it off-world to power ship reactors. We... may have orchestrated the sabotage of those mines, so even if they were to retake the planet it would take time for them to restart production. We have reason to believe the fleet will not be returning; we intercepted a communique claiming the Ninth Fleet was moving to defend the Etrimont system. The details are in the data dumps we provided, they may find other intelligence of use but those were the major takeaways."

"Speaking of which, I could have sworn the troop movement was being overseen by an 'Admiral Elix'. Did Valorym Elix have a sibling or parent in the Vular armed forces, or has she been released already? If the latter I can only hope we received a good ransom for her."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"If it's supposed to be secret it shall not leave this room. I can be discrete when I wish."
--------
He was excited to put his new upgrades through their paces, though he was careful to manage his expectations concerning the translocation chip. It would be some time before either Alliance scientists or he himself was able to master its power to the degree Meriele had. Still, he was shocked at how preliminary of a step it was. Using it had a noticeable effect on the blaster's efficacy and quite a drastic one at that. He could not reduce the damage to nothing, however, and he needed to hit whatever he wanted to teleport, so using it to transport allies was impossible. The range of the translocation was also much less than Meriele's. There was no reason for her to be jealous; her arm would not be obsolete for quite a long time.

Still, he thought as energies transported a target four meters in the air so it smashed itself to pieces on the ground. There were a number of ways a crafty thinker could use this.
----------
He stepped onto the planet with a bouncy spring in his step. He was being careful to blend in and not attract attention, and his normal lumbering gait and shiny exterior was a poor fit for the resort. Instead he opted for yellow plaid swimshorts and a red shirt with a floral pattern. A straw hat sat atop his head and oversized sunglasses fit over his eyes. "I believe it was a human philosopher who once said, 'Work hard, play hard'," he explained to any compatriot brave enough to accompany him. "I fully intend to put his teachings to use. The final person to enter the water is an expired protein product!" With that he ran toward the beach. One would think a robot would avoid the water, but Kvardek was built to be watertight to begin with and he had filled most of his optional compartments with gases and devices to increase his buoyancy. He came to swim, and swim he shall!

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

Part of him wanted to be indignant. That cheater! Teleporting was definitely cheating! But he had no right to complain after he gave himself a head start. He hung his head and a sound like an exaggerated sigh emanated from him. "In accordance with the defined conditions, I am the rotten egg." He waded into the ocean, slowly so he could gauge how well his modifications performed. So far so good; even if they did not hold up he would be able to walk along the bottom of the ocean and back to safety. In the absolute worst case scenario of sinking into the sand such that he could not move, he would still be able to call for help. Better to avoid the possibility, though, by staying out of the deep water until he was sure he could handle it.

Stoaga had a very good question. He had to admit he had never personally experienced leisure time, though he was certain his Heroes had experiences which could advise him. "Well, there are many different ways to have fun on the beach. For instance..."

Alainis Zutwa associated the beach with her toes sinking into the sand, the tide erasing her already precarious footing as she stood on tip-toe, and the face of a young man inches from hers and growing ever closer. It brought Dr. Torvald Vaelis back to a critical weapons test, watching a decommissioned destroyer buckle and sink below the waves to the whoops and hollers of his team. Queen Asarte remembered looking out her window, studying the beach carefully as her security forces rounded up and detained rioters before they could establish a beachhead. None of these seemed appropriate at the moment. But Xandor Terezath, before he became politically active, would spend a lot of time on the beach with his high school and college friends. So Kvardek focused on his expertise: "We could play volleyball, or splash each other with water. Some prefer to quietly tan or read a book beneath the safety of an umbrella. Others prefer to 'pick up chicks and/or guys', though that may be more of an advanced technique. Activities appear to be decided upon extemporaneously; going with the flow is more important than efficient time management. Mer- Starlet, you seem comfortable in this setting. Please advise us further, if you will."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"I understand the basic idea of the game, and it appears the gauntlet has been thrown," he suggested to Meriele. "Shall we oblige?" He knelt down so Meri would have an easier time climbing up.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"That was well done," Kvardek agreed as he shared in Meriele's high five. "A true team effort. Although... hm." His head turned slowly toward Ziv, and one could have sworn his eyes gleamed with malevolent intent. "It seems unfair for the top to get soaked and not the bottom. 'Share victory, share defeat,' yes?" He waded toward the elven male, arms outstretched and fingers curled like a bear coming in for a crushing hug. "Ziv, c'mere for a second."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

On the whole Kvardek enjoyed the atmosphere of the bar even if he could not partake of the refreshments. The bartender gave him a filthy look every once in a while but said nothing. Kvardek was taking up space that rightly should go to a customer that could actually imbibe alcohol, but it was not yet busy enough to justify getting into a scuffle over it. If he stayed long enough for the night crowds to come in he might find the bar much less hospitable towards non-paying loiterers.

He watched the special report with fascination. Afterwards he noticed subtle changes in the crowd. It was not his imagination; their steps were a tiny bit lighter, their smiles a tiny bit broader, their shoulders a tiny bit straighter. He imagined this same scene in dozens of star systems, across hundreds of worlds, in billions of establishments and homes. Making a speech or supporting a particular political candidate made tiny ripples in the water, subtly influenced a hundred nodes even if only a tiny number of them could ever be measured. But winning a battle, freeing a planet, those were massive effects that even the Church would be hard-pressed to measure. Was their goal ever truly reachable?

He decided for the moment it did not matter. Brightening lives, giving people hope, doing the best they could every day, that was what mattered. "Our judgment has not steered us wrong yet," he mused. "This does not mean we should stop questioning, but there is no harm in taking pride in our accomplishments. Speaking of which! When it gets darker... hm. Do you suppose fireworks are legal on this beach? I do not have a lawyer among my Heroes."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

Kvardek considered the two options carefully. On the one hand, if the Alliance was unable to blunt the Vular advance on their own the halflings would fall under the command of the drow. How much damage could they inflict before a relief force could retake the planet? How many lives would be lost under the brutal regime? On the other hand, if they let the chance to cripple the Fermium supply they may never get another chance. He kicked it upstairs; within moments his Heroes came to a consensus, but it was a slim one.

"I'm not military-trained, but I can make observations. We're a surgical strike force, hitting at precise locations at perfect times for maximum damage. Taking that command ship may have turned the tide of battle but it's the sort of trick that will only work once. The next time we storm a bridge there'll be more waiting for us than engineers and a small retinue of honor guards, and that's if they don't have orders to scuttle any command ship if communication with it drops out. However, the modern army is not sustained by morale or conquest but logistics. If we can take out that refinery it will weaken their supply chains across multiple systems. They may take Varian only to find they cannot hold it, and whatever sacrifices they made towards that victory will be lost. Whereas even if we stop the main army at Varian and turn them back, their intact fuel supply will guarantee they can make a future assault. Considering the long view, the choice is clear."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

Kvardek inspected the walls carefully, rubbing his chin. "I don't like the idea of a full frontal assault," he grumbled. "But I'm not sure we have a choice. If they use slave labor to work the refinery they will probably keep an accurate headcount of how many they're supposed to have. That means disguising ourselves as workers is out. And all the bars and solid walls to keep the prisoners in also do a fair job of keeping us out. I don't see a way of sneaking our way in. If we do break in we can give the guards something else to worry about by securing a route from the prisoner cells to the armory and organizing a full-scale revolt, but that will put the prisoners in great danger. Does anyone else have any ideas, or should we prepare the charges?"

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"STOP!" he shouted through his subvocal array, pointing at the goblins. He could not understand their speech but their intent was clear. He moved to block their path to the passwall. "Stay. The tunnel won't hold, you'll be crushed before you can make it to the other side. Even if by some miracle you made it through you'll get spotted and gunned down for sure. If you do what we say you will make it out of this alive and be free to go on your way. If not..." His palm blaster lit up to accentuate the threat. "We won't be responsible for what happens to you." He switched back to his normal speech to tell his allies, "Get the keys. I can probably blast the locks if we need to but who knows how many alarms that will set off."

Telepathy ignores language barriers, so they'll understand even if I don't speak Goblin. Intimidate: 1d20+16 34

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"I can try," Kvardek said, switching his subvocal array back on. He turned back to the goblins. "You, get on the bed and pretend to be sick. We will get you free but you will die if a fight between us and the guards breaks out now." Meriele would have an easy time hiding in the cramped confines of the cell, but what about him? He was not designed for sneaking missions. He tried to hide underneath the bed but it was too high and he felt too exposed; this was not going to work. "Starlet, we may have a problem..."

Stealth: 1d20+8 13

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

He listened carefully to the sound of the approaching footsteps. Too careless and heavy to be either Stoaga or Ziv, so it looked like they attracted some trouble. "Get back against the wall," he warned the goblins. "We might have some trouble and you don't want to be in the crossfire." He made some quick calculations: if he waited too long the guard would noticed the bars were gone and start shouting; too soon and they would be too far away to get the jump on them. He switched his subvocal array to give commands to Naivara and Meriele. "Get ready for it... almost there... now!"

Move: Alter Time, moving to AJ11, Meriele and Naivara get to move up to their speed as a free action.

pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 99/99 (THP:-)	AC:   29    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 12/12 (V: 24)	For:  28    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +12		Ref:  29    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 26    Vision: Normal

Melee Basic: +20 vs. AC, 1d8+12 damage (+3d8 vs. cursed enemies) and slide target 1 square

Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 		[ ] V. Onyx Queen
			[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Break the Will
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Item Powers
[ ] Amulet of Elegy (D) - (NA) When you inflict a SE effect, all targets get -3 to first saving throw.

Passive Bonuses:
Preparing Action: When you spend an action point, allies within 5 get Int mod temp HP (6) and can
Warlock's Curse: Curse nearest enemy and give vuln 3 radiant UEoYNT, deal an additional 3d8 psychic
	and radiant damage to cursed targets 1/turn, gain Pact Boon when cursed target dies.
	round.
Shared Pact: Can give Pact Boon benefit to ally within 3 squares instead of yourself.

Triggers:

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Dec 2, 2018

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"Now!" Kvardek gave the signal and sprang out from behind cover. He ignored the surprised panic of the guard in front of him, trusting one of the others to take care of him. He shot his palm blaster off down the hall, hoping to catch one of the drow at the monitors before they could sound the alarm, but the bolt went wide.

Move: to Q13, curving around the guard to prevent OAs.
Minor: Curse Guard at R12
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige to Guard at G10.
Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+19 23 1d6+14 18 Miss.

pre:
Kvardek   

Melee Basic: +20 vs. AC, 1d8+12 damage (+3d8 vs. cursed enemies) and slide target 1 square

[ ] Fell Might
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Break the Will

Item Powers
[ ] Amulet of Elegy (D) - (NA) When you inflict a SE effect, all targets get -3 to first saving throw.

Passive Bonuses:
Preparing Action: When you spend an action point, allies within 5 get Int mod temp HP (6) and can
Warlock's Curse: Curse nearest enemy and give vuln 3 radiant UEoYNT, deal an additional 3d8 psychic
	and radiant damage to cursed targets 1/turn, gain Pact Boon when cursed target dies.
	round.
S.K. Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, regain your fell might. (Only one boon per death!)
Shared Pact: Can give Pact Boon benefit to ally within 3 squares instead of yourself.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"They weren't expecting their robots to be offline, and being without them will put them on edge," Kvardek warned. "We should have them lead us to the most critical systems, the most vulnerable locations. These disguises will work only once, so we want to make sure we're in position to cripple them while we have them."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

Through the subvocal array he warned the rest of his team, "Someone with authority get the rest of the techs to scatter, it's going to be a lot easier to sabotage their operations without them looking over my shoulder. If they see what I'm typing they'll see what I'm doing." Assuming he received a command to do his "job", he went up to a terminal and got to work. All he had to do was shut down security across the refinery, destroy any and all methods of communication on or off world, and permanently shut down or damage the reactors without causing a meltdown that would make evacuating the prisoners impossible. No pressure.

Arcana: 1d20+18 19
Awwwwwww poo poo.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

He slammed his fists down on the keyboard in frustration as the system locked him out and the alarms flared to life. "Curse it all! I could have sworn that vulnerability had not been found yet." His blasters roared to life and he examined the room for any other methods of ingress (or egress, as the case may be). "I do not relish the idea of taking on the entirety of the security force at once. Even with all our skill and firepower we will be overwhelmed, especially when the security robots come back online. If we can cut a path to the armory perhaps we will have better luck taking command of them there, or perhaps getting arms and armament to the prisoners that will allow us to perform a true prison break."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

They had to take care of these enemies quickly before more reinforcements arrived. "It's too easy for us to get caught in a bottleneck on these catwalks," he warned through his subvocal array. "Spread out or go to ground according to your best judgement. I will provide air support." As he said this miniature thrusters extended from his torso and began spooling up. The engine whine started low but steadily built up in volume and pitch as though gearing up for something majestic...

Minor: Angelic Aura, I gain fly 6 and hover. Until end of encounter, any bloodied ally within 5 squares of me regains Int mod (6) HP at the start of their turn.
Move:Alter Time, not moving. All adjacent allies (ie, everyone) can move up to their speed as a free action.
Standard Minor: Warlock's Curse to J14 Guard, they are cursed. Because I did not do Curse damage on this turn, the next ally who hits them deals an additional 3d8 psychic and radiant damage.

pre:
Kvardek   

[ ] Fell Might			[X] Angelic Aura
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Break the Will

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 28, 2019

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

Their offensive was strong, but the enemy's counter-attack left some of his allies in a bad way. There was not much good he could do here, the range of his blasters was not quite that impressive. But his hover engines had finished heating up; now was the time to show them off. He gently floated off the catwalk and noticed a guard attempting to take potshots at the group from below. He twisted horizontally and flew directly at her, extending his right fist to punch her in the face while keeping his left tucked close to his body. The hit was solid, knocking her off balance long enough to right himself. Then his left hand shot a set of manacles to restrict the heavier of the guards on the catwalk. "Our fight does not end here," he promised. "We can go much further."

Move: to I19, dropping down to hovering 1 square above the lower floor.
Standard: Charge to I14, using Eldritch Strike on Light Guard Fuschia at I13.
Eldritch Strike vs AC: 1d20+20+1+2 36 1d8+3d8+12 32 damage, I slide her to I12.
:siren: ACTION POINT! :siren: All allies within 5 (so everyone) gets 6 temp HP and can shift 1 square as a free action.
Standard: Vestige of Xandor on Heavy Guard Aqua at E8.
Vestige of Xandor vs Will: 1d20+19 33 2d6+14 23 psychic damage and comes under the influence of Xandor (SE). While influenced, at the beginning of each of her turns she must choose to either become dazed USoNT or take 12 psychic damage. My active Vestige becomes Xandor.
As a reminder, all bloodied allies within 5 squares of me regain 6 HP at the start of their turn. Also allies get a +1 bonus to surge value if you're within 5 squares of me.

pre:
Kvardek   
Initiative: +12		Ref:  29    Action Points: 0

Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                 [X] V. Xandor  
Warlock's Curse		[X] Action Point 		[ ] V. Onyx Queen
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Break the Will
Vestige - Xandor: Eyes of the Vestige deals an additional 1d8 psychic damage.
Xandor Pact Boon: When cursed target dies, make a saving throw or gain Con mod (6) temp HP.

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

"No!" he shouts as he watches Stoaga crumple under a hail of gunfire. His jets flared up and he returned to the catwalk, no ladder required. He covered his landing with a blast from his palm blaster, telling the women, "I am more than enough for the likes of this one, you are needed elsewhere. Go!"

Move: to E9, hovering at catwalk height. Shadow Walk activates.
Minor: Warlock's Curse, Heavy Aqua is cursed. He gains vulnerable 3 radiant UEoMNT.
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige to Heavy Aqua. I get Prime Shot and CA.
Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+19+2+1 36 1d6+1d8+3d8+14 42 45 radiant and psychic damage after vulnerability. He gets -2 to hit my allies UEoMNT.
Free: When Heavy Aqua becomes bloodied, I remove my curse and grant the Pact Boon to Ziv, who gains 6 temp HP.

pre:
Kvardek   

[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Break the Will
Xandor Pact Boon: When cursed target dies, make a saving throw or gain Con mod (6) temp HP.

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 10, 2019

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

Ah, now this was the fighting unit he remembered. He soared over the heads of everyone present to get himself in a good position to lay down covering fire, and maybe to convince the drow soldiers that he was the greatest threat.

Move: to K7, hovering 10 feet above the walkway.
Minor: Warlock's Curse to Heavy Guard Lime, she is cursed. I have CA against her while Shadow Walk is active and she gets vulnerability 3 radiant UEoMNT.
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige to Heavy Guard Lime.
Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+19+2 40 1d6+1d8+3d8+14+3 28 psychic and radiant damage, Heavy Guard Lime gets -2 to attack rolls against my allies UEoMNT. I also curse Light Guard Lime; she has vulnerability 3 radiant UEoMNT.

Triggered Action-
No Action, When Heavy Guard Lime is bloodied:
If Kacht-Ka is within 3 squares of me, I will remove my Warlock's Curse from Heavy Guard Lime and grant the Pact Boon benefit to Kacht-Ka; he can either make a saving throw or gain 6 temp HP.

pre:
Kvardek   

[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Break the Will

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Kvardek

"Actually, before you go," he said to the drow as an idea came to him. "Let us perform a little cultural exchange. If we were to hold you hostage in an effort to get the troops inside to stand down, how likely is it that they would simply shoot through you to get to us?" He paused, wondering if a tiny smile would be more intimidating than his unchanging mechanical face. "Be honest."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

With so many bullets and blaster shots flying, Kvardek was lucky to escape unscathed. That would not last forever, though. He leapt through the broken windows on the train and charged for the barricades. As soon as he had a clear view of the soldiers behind it he opened up his chest and doused them in riot foam; the trooper evaded the worst of the blast, but only by exposing the officer to the brunt of it.

Move: to O11
Minor: Warlock's Curse to Light Trooper Teal, he is cursed and gains vulnerable 3 radiant UEoMNT.
Standard: Vestige of the Onyx Queen, close blast 3 targeting Light Trooper Teal and Officer Lime in that order. My Active Vestige becomes Onyx Queen.
Vestige of the Onyx Queen vs Fortitude (Teal, Lime): 2#1d20+19 24 22 2d8+12 18; using Dark One's Luck to reroll against Officer Lime turns it into a 36 and a hit, Officer Lime takes 18 damage and is petrified (SE), Light Trooper Teal takes 9 and is slowed (SE). I activate my Amulet of Elegy to give both of them -3 to their first saving throw against these effects.

pre:
Kvardek   

Hand of Blight		[ ] My Body, Myself! 		[X] Dark One's Luck
                    	[ ] Fortune Binding
			[ ] Hero's Arrow
			[ ] Break the Will

Item Powers

Passive Bonuses:
	round.

Triggers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kvardek

They had miscalculated. They knew the Vular could mount a counterattack, but how could they have predicted they could set up a gatling laser in such a short amount of time? He had failed them, and only a quick and decisive pincer maneuver could keep it from being a complete failure. "We're coming up behind the laser," he said, his hand blasters charging up. "Take it out immediately! I will provide fire support."