Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Operation Crashing Dawn
12:30 25 May, 3527GC

The air is thick and heavy in the resistance’s secret forward base in the city of Tremont (which actually happens to be the basement of an abandoned, shelled office building) The commander of the resistance herself, General Elen Bodan, wanted to personally deliver your mission briefing. She begins, talking loudly and firmly, her voice almost at a yell, “Alright, men and women, now is the time! Now is when we strike back, when we make these drow fear us. We’re gonna hit ‘em where it hurts. Gonna take that huge fancy statue of their primarch or chancellor or whatever the hell he is right the gently caress down. It’s up to you guys to do it.” The squat, grey haired human pauses for a second before looking over at a paper map taped to the large TV screen behind her. “You’re going in hot here. There’s no way around it. We’re gonna hit them in broad daylight and it’s gonna be loud and hard. There’s gonna be no question of who’s responsible or how we did it.“

“Now,” she says, taking a breath and pointing to the map, her finger resting on a big ‘M’ in a circle across the street from a giant X in the center of a field, ”there’s two ways for you to get to this statue. First is by subway. This will get you real close to the statue; there’s a stop right across the street. Problem is, you’ll have to get control of the train, and you may have to fight your way out of the station, so be prepared for some close in fighting with metro security--or worse.” She points a few blocks to the east of the center now, continuing, “The second option is hovercar dropoff a few blocks away. Less hassle, but the same amount of risk--you’re gonna be in full gear, so you’ll be attracting attention. I’d expect some further out combat if you go this route, what with the open air and all.” She then points at the X in the center of the map. “This right here, is our target,” she says, shifting her finger over to a picture of the statue. “You’ll place charges at the base, get to the edge of the grass and blow that bitch sky high.” She moves her finger again, this time to a blue circle a couple blocks south of the X. “No matter which way you get in, this is where you get out,” she says, shifting her index finger over to a picture of a white hovertruck. “You hop in here, close the door and the driver takes you back here. Any questions?" She pauses for a beat before adding, "Oh, and I suppose it'd make sense for you guys to introduce yourselves. Combat's a lot scarier when you don't know the person next to you.”



Take this time to introduce yourselves to one another, and decide which insertion method you'd like to use. Don't be afraid to ask the General questions about the operation too!

Also, please create a 64x64 circular token of your portrait to include in your posts, along with a link to your original character post. Also, please whip up a combat block in time for your first encounter (soon!)

(ooc thread)
(new ooc thread)
(new new ooc thread)

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jan 13, 2018 around 05:03

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The General looks at Kvardek, replying "We do in fact have a flag. That's a drat good idea. I figured they'd know it's us because we're the only organized resistance force on this planet that I know of, but putting a flag down just seems like insult to injury and an even better way to give our cause spotlight. I'll have our quartermaster give you a field flag [1] on your way out."

She then turns to the... anomaly, staring at it as it... speaks? She seems nonplussed by its talk of destroying the room, but decides to ignore it and focus on its question. "It's General, UNS..? And while it's possible to divide your forces, it's probably not a great idea to split yourselves up by two plus blocks. The AO is near their capitol building too, and patrols there are more beefed up than other ones in the city. You guys have complete autonomy on the op though, so the final decision on it is yours."


[1]: The rebellion's colors:

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"Great, we'll get a van ready to go for insertion in about a half hour or so. If you've got any questions or had anything else to say to each other, now's the time! Otherwise, give 'em hell!" The general emphatically says.

Wanted to give you guys a chance to post before you start your mission, next post will be up in a few hours probably.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Operation Crashing Dawn
12:30 25 May, 3527GC

You pile in the back of an old, dirty, yellow Yajatsu hovervan with no markings or insignia on it. Once you’re loaded in, you hear the general yell, “You’re good to go James, godspeed, all of you!” With that, the van lurches forward, jolting you into one another. The van runs somewhat loud and the hoverdrive is starting to go, sputtering occasionally and making the ride rather bumpy. Looking out the windows along the way you see the remnants of once proud buildings, either reduced to rubble or crumbling into it. Few intact buildings remain on the outskirts of the city. As you ride through the narrow backstreets--avoiding main roads to reduce the likelihood of drawing attention to yourselves--you notice multiple Vular patrols, mostly small teams of goblins, but relatively few civilians and virtually no vehicular traffic. It seems as though everyone is cowering inside in hopes of avoiding being accosted by the Vular “Peacekeeping” forces, which on this world are made up of a mix of goblins, hobgoblins and drow, plus other races added in as auxiliaries. The closer you get to the city center, the “nicer” the buildings get; they are either less damaged or are partially repaired, with some completely undamaged--it seems as though the Vular wanted at least one area of Tremont to look good, for symbolic reasons if no other.

The van’s engine begins sputtering more the longer you drive, and about a block away from your intended insertion point, it stalls out, sending the entire van crashing to the ground, kicking up sparks as it skids loudly to a stop. Fortunately there were no Vular around to see or hear the van die, but it does mean you have an extra block to walk to target. You pile out of the back of the vehicle, somewhat disheveled but no worse for the wear, while the driver implores you to leave him as soon as possible so he can begin working on getting it moving again. You’re on a side street and can see an alleyway to the north of you running east/west as well. Patrols check the alleyways less frequently and less thoroughly than “real” streets, but they still do check them, and there is a risk of getting caught in a narrow, claustrophobic space for a fight if you’re noticed.

You have the choice of staying in the more open side street, where detection is more likely or going through the alley where you may be able to get closer to the objective before you get into combat, if you’re undetected. Which way do you want to go?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


You sneak into the alleyway undetected and begin moving slowly up it towards your destination. The alley is lined with dumpsters and trashcans, and looking up you see fire escapes winding up the buildings like vines along lattices. A few broken windows dot the buildings, and there is a burned out hovercar laying in an inlet to the alley like a charred skeleton. About a block and a half from where you left the hovervan, you pass by a rusty dumpster with a putrid smell coming out of it. Closer inspection reveals a dead, decomposing body with an obvious gunshot wound to the head. The person was wearing what appears to be a crude field uniform with a makeshift resistance patch stitched onto the sleeve. You don't see anything you can use to identify him.

---

As you approach the square at the end of the alleyway, you see the a tall, black, metal statue standing on top of a concrete base in the center of a field of well kept grass. The statue is in the shape of a drow wearing ceremonial robes, holding a scepter in one hand and a book in the other. You also see a Vular patrol consisting of five goblins about to walk by on the edge of the plaza across the street. They are carefully scanning their surroundings are are likely to notice you if you don't take care in hiding yourselves.

Everyone please roll Stealth and Initiative! Also let me know if you want to do anything related to the body.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jul 27, 2016 around 23:20

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




Map features: The alleyway has a couple dumpsters at the end for cover. You can also see some parked hovercars along either side of the road. There are also concrete blocks lining the park.

(These features all provide cover)


Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 29/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 29/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 31/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 31/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 46/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16

Also, sorry for not getting the map up earlier, but if you want, you can specify your starting square within the alleyway. If you don't specify, I'll just put you wherever is reasonable based off of your character and the stated marching order.

e: also the map is really huge so even though it's a little hard to tell the enemies apart from the timg preview, if you open the image in a new tab and zoom to full size it should be fairly easy to tell them apart.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2016 around 14:02

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The goblin Patrol Leader shouts in Goblin, "Resistance, there!" and one of the riflemen snaps to attention, unslinging his weapon and preparing for combat. His partner and the two patrolmen, however, are caught totally off guard and barely have time to pull out their rifles and batons before you set upon them.

Perception: 1d20+1 11 1d20+1 8 1d20+2 22 1d20+2 3 1d20+2 22 vs DC 13

Initiative: 1d20+5 11 1d20+5 22 1d20+3 22

Stoaga: 27
Zivilyn: 22
Naivara: 22
Patrol Leader: 22
Riflemen: 22 [Rifleman 2 SURPRISED]
Meriele: 14
Unsung: 12
Kvardek: 11
Patrolmen: 11 [SURPRISED]



---

Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 29/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 29/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 31/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 31/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 46/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16

---

SURPRISE ROUND: You may take one action (standard, move, or minor) and may not spend an action point. Surprised creatures may not take any action in this round.

Up now: Stoaga, Zivilyn and Naivara*

* we're running unordered initiative for PCs with initiative directly in order, so it doesn't matter what order the three of you go in

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2016 around 21:30

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The goblin rifleman scampers behind the nearest cement block for some cover. [Move to V10]

The patrol leader pulls out what looks to be a small grenade launcher. With a soft *thunk*, he launches a round metal ball crackling with blue electricity at Naivara. The ball goes to explode, but fizzles out once it stops by Naivara's feet.

Stinging Hex vs WILL: 1d20+7 9




Up now: Meriele, Unsung, and Kvardek

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The goblins yelp as the rubber bullets hit them in soft spots, and two of them seem to be barely hanging onto their consciousness.



---

Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 4/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [bloodied]
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 17/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 19/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 6/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11 [bloodied]

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 46/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16

---

Up now: Zivilyn and Naivara

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The patrol leader brushes off the hit before trying to hop away from Naivara. His eyes widen as she manages to follow him, and he panic swings his baton at her, cursing in Goblin as the attack catches only air.

Shift to Q13 Recharge; Melee attack & damage: 1d6 4 1d20+7 8 1d6+1 2,

The first rifleman carefully aims and takes a potshot at Naivara, barely catching her arm.

Rifle Attack vs AC: 1d20+8 18 1d6+4 5 on Naivara

The second rifleman carefully steps back away from Naivara and takes a shot at her too, which somehow misses wide left even at this range, causing him to shake his head in disbelief.

Shift to T11, Rifle Attack vs AC: 1d20+8 11 1d6+4 9 on Naivara
Grasping Tide vs REF: 1d20+6 8

---



---

Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 4/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [bloodied]
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 7/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [bloodied]

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 19/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 6/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11 [bloodied]

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 42/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16 [marked by Naivar]

Up now: Meriele, Unsung, Kvardek

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 5, 2016 around 22:26

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Naivara swings and misses as the patrol leader hurtles past her.

MBA vs Patrol Leader: 1d20+7 12 1d10+2 4

All of the goblins gasp in fear of the entity that just disintegrated their squadmate. The other patrolman panics and runs in terror as far away from it as he possibly can, perhaps hoping to summon reinforcements.

[Double move to D8]

---



---

Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 4/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [DEAD]
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 7/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [bloodied]

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 19/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 6/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11 [bloodied]

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 38/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16 [marked by Naivara]

---

Up now: Stoaga, Zivilyn, Naivara

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"STOP!" the rifleman yells in Goblin, gesturing wildly at Ziv before running towards him and firing at him, catching him square in the shoulder with a well aimed shot.

Attack Ziv: 1d20+8 20 1d6+4 8

The officer yelps in pain as his leg buckles from underneath him. He pops his knee back into place and swings one handedly at Naivara, hitting her solidly in the arm with his baton.

Recharge; Melee attack & damage; Save vs immobilize: 1d6 5 - 1d20+7 19 1d6+1 4 - 1d20 16

---



---

Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 4/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [DEAD]
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 7/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [KOed]

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 19/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 6/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11 [DEAD]

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 9/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16 [BLOODIED, MARKED by Naivara]

---

Up now: Meriele, Unsung, Kvardek

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Combat over! I'll have the next post up probably tomorrow but in the meantime feel free to RP and stuff!

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


BOOM!!!

The ground shakes from the force of the explosion as the shockwave shatters windows around the block. A large metal shard from the statue slams into the ground just feet behind you. Hovercar alarms go off in the entire surrounding area as well as building alarms. Seconds later you hear the sound of police sirens. You run as hard as you can away, and seem to have a clear shot to the extraction point. You're about to pile in the hovervan when a group of drow hustling to the scene of the explosion run by the the alleyway you're in. One of them spots you and calls to the others, who immediately stop running and turn to point their rifles at you. The leader of the group shouts in Elven, "HALT! LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS!!"

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 46/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14

Drow Riot Control- HP: 53/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 39/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 39/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13

---

Roll Initiative and pick a starting square in the alleyway!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 18, 2016 around 00:11

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Initiative: Officer, Riot Control, Riflemen: 1d20+5 15 1d20+3 8 1d20+7 27

Ordered Initiative:
Stoaga (29)
Riflemen (27)
Zivilyn (20)
Meriele (19)
Naivara (17)
Kvardek (16)
Officer (15)
Riot Control (8)
Unsung (4)

---
edit: Now with map!!


---

Up now: Stoaga

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2016 around 22:54

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The riot control officer grabs his head in pain, and visibly seems off balance. The rifleman with the yellow patch runs behind the car next to the officer and takes a shot at Naivara, hitting her square in the chest. The second rifleman steadies his aim and attacks her as well, with the help of the targeting system he shares with his counterpart, tagging her in the exact same spot.

Yellow: Move to u10 and Attack Naivara: 1d20+9 18 1d8+4 12

Blue: Attack Naivara: 1d20+11 17 1d8+4 12

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 46/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14

Drow Riot Control- HP: 39/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12 [DAZED]

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 39/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 39/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13

---

Up now: Zivilyn, Meriele, Naivara, Kvardek

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 18, 2016 around 02:02

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The riot control officer swings his baton at Naivara, nailing her in the shoulder with a loud thud. He shakes his head, snapping out of the daze he's in.
The squad leader rolls over and shoots a ball of force at the strange machine attacking them, hitting him square in the chest, the force knocking him backwards into a parked hover car, setting the alarm off.

Riot Officer: Attack Naivara: 1d20+6 17 1d6+5 8
Save vs Daze: 1d20 18

Patrol Leader:
Force Lure [vs AC] on Kvardek: 1d20+7 26 -2 =24 2d4+4 8, Slide Kvardek to [p3]

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 33/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14 [dazed, proned]

Drow Riot Control- HP: 35/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 39/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 18/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [dazed]

---

Up now: Unsung

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2016 around 17:43

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Up now: Stoaga!

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Blue: The rifleman staggers backwards away from the entity, wildly firing a burst from his rifle in a panic, missing badly with every round.
Shift to [u6], Attack Unsung: 1d20+9 11 1d8+4 10

Yellow: The other rifleman is in a fog, but manages to line the entity up in his sights. He pulls the trigger, but he gets no closer to hitting than his squadmate, perhaps due to the effects of Ziv's toxin. "poo poo!" he says under his breath in Elven, shaking his head and hoping to snap out of the effects he's under.

Attack Unsung: 1d20+9 14 1d8+4 5

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 33/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14 [dazed, proned]

Drow Riot Control- HP: 35/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 16/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [bloodied]

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 9/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [dazed, bloodied]

---

Up now: Zivilyn, Meriele, Naivara, Kvardek

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Meriele:

Standard: Vicious Mockery vs Will: 1d20+4 13 1d6+4 8 on Riot Control - hit and he takes -2 to attacks his next turn
Minor: Majestic Word on Naivara

pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 22/22 (THP: )        AC:   16    Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 7/7 (V: 5)       For:  11    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step                   
                        [X][X] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

[/quote]

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Drow Patol Leader: The officer, now out of his haze, stands up braces his staff against his shoulder before letting out a massive concussive wave in the direction of the strange entity, though somehow he misses with it. He starts to panic as his squad looks as though they're losing the fight

Recharge: 1d6 3
Move: Stand Up
Standard: Force Pulse [vs REF]: 1d20+7 13 2d6+4 9 at Unsung

Riot Control: The patrol officer staggers for a moment from even the glancing force of Naivara's blow. Though he knows he's close to death, he stands his ground and swings right back at her, hitting her solidly in the side of the head with his baton. He spits out blood before grunting, "Why won't you just die already?!" at her in Elven.

Attack Naivara: 1d20+6 26 1d6+5 6 CRIT so 11 damage

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 33/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14

Drow Riot Control- HP: 11/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12 [bloodied]

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 10/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [bloodied]

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 9/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [dazed, bloodied] [DEAD]

---

Up now: Unsung

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Unsung:

Move: move to u5
Standard: Overwhelming Strike vs AC: 2d20k1+8 13 2d6+5 13 MISS even with +2 from CA

Up now: Stoaga

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


VRRRROOOOMMMM

You hear the hovervan engine roar to life over the gunshots and screaming of the battle. The driver leans out the window and yells, "HEY, gently caress THESE GUYS! HOP IN!!"

You can choose to hop in the van and leave combat if you'd like. They'll likely put out a search for the van but you could still find a way to make it safely back to base without further altercations.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Drow Rifleman (Blue):

The rifleman swiftly dodges the entity's strike, hopping backwards and firing his rifle at him at the same time, though his haste proves to be a detriment as he misses with every bullet in his burst.

Move: shift to u7
Attack Unsung: 1d20+9 11 1d8+4 5

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 25/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14

Drow Riot Control- HP: 11/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12 [bloodied]

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 10/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [bloodied]

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 9/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [dazed, bloodied] [DEAD]

---

Up now: Zivilyn, Meriele, Naivara, Kvardek

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The officer, totally covered in blood drags himself up to make a final stand. "You cannot hide. The Imperium will crush you like the worms you are," he hisses. He charges up his staff with electricity and swings it at Kvardek with all his might, though he totally fails to connect, almost falling back down from not having even made contact.

Move: Stand up
Standard: Recharge; Shock Staff vs AC: 1d6 4 1d20+8 10 2d8+4 16

---



---

Drow Officer - HP: 3/46 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 14 [bloodied]

Drow Riot Control- HP: 11/53 AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 14 WILL: 12 [bloodied] [DEAD]

Drow Rifleman (BLUE) - HP: 10/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [bloodied]
[DEAD]

Drow Rifleman (YELLOW) - HP: 9/39 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 13 [dazed, bloodied] [DEAD]

---

Up now: Unsung

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2016 around 01:05

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Combat over!

The driver, an elf, opens his door and peeks out. "poo poo that was impressive. Don't believe I slept through the start of that. You guys may actually want to hop in now!"

What are you guys doing with the KOed officer?

---

You all pile in the back of the van and drive quickly away. Sirens blare and hoverbirds roam the air, searching the area with spotlights, looking for anything out of the ordinary as loudspeakers tell everyone to stay inside and comply with police instructions. Every officer in the area can be seen scrambling to the square where the statue fell.

The city quickly goes from near pristine to rubble as you ride away. You stop halfway to change vehicles as a precaution, this time into a blue minivan. "Feels like you're going to Kullball practice, huh?" the driver says, referring to one of the galaxy's most popular sports, played with special sticks and a ball on a long field. "We'll be there soon enough for debrief. You know, I always wished I could get into the action but my ankle won't let me," he says, sighing.

The radio station you've tuned into interrupts is music with a special bulletin: "Loyal Teris Citizens, about 20 minutes ago, terrorists attacked and destroyed the statue of our beloved leader downtown, killing a brave peacekeeping squad in the process. Rest assured we will find those responsible for this attack on the leadership of this great planet and great Imperium and bring them to justice, to ensure the safety of you and your families. To that effect, a curfew has been enacted immediately, lasting until further notice. Please be sure to comply with all peacekeeping officers' requests and to report any suspicious activity. Long live the Imperium!" and with that, the station returns to the rock music the driver had on originally.


I'll post debrief in a day or two to give you guys some chance to RP your characters decompressing on the ride back.

You can also get ready to long rest and level up, effective when you return to base!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2016 around 04:44

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The van arrives at HQ and everyone piles out. General Bodan is there to meet you before you even get out of the garage. She seems genuinely ecstatic "Wow! Judging by their comms chatter, you guys did a hell of a job! They're pissed. They've got everyone out looking for 'six heavily armed individuals'... guess they got some intellicam footage of the attack from the surrounding buildings that they're broadcasting. Looks like you guys are famous now too!" she says, leading you in the next room and pointing to one of the TVs on the wall. "Fortunately, it doesn't look like they've got any actual detail of you guys, so your cover shouldn't be blown. And, our flag is in it, so everyone knows we're responsible. It's perfect! We're overriding their signal to claim responsibility as we speak. Anyway, go get some rest, you deserve it. Meet me back here tomorrow for your next task."

Long rest and level up to level 2

---

As you walk into the briefing room the next day, the General greets you, "Morning, crew. I wanted to give you an update on our near-term goal. We're gonna try to get you off-world, get you to link up with the Alliance and hopefully get some aid here. We're working out the details of how to make that work, but in the meantime, we've got a couple priorities now and it's up to you to choose your next task."

She points to a screen on the left side of the wall, showing a picture of a small town. "Redridge. Small town about 15 miles south of Tremont. Nothing too interesting there other than some manufacturing plants and the fact that it's a popular layover on the way in and out of Tremont. No huge Imperium presence either. Anyway, we have an operative there that relays the Vular shipments that come through town. Nothing fancy, mostly bookkeeping, but it gives us a good idea of what resources they're sending where. Three days ago she mentioned hearing about an abnormal shipment with high security going through sometime this week, but couldn't provide any details. Then she went silent the next day and we haven't had anyone to send until now."

She then nods over to the screen on the right, with the image of a small compound on it. "Option two: this here is an Imperium supply depot about 10 miles west of Tremont. It seems to be more heavily defended than an ordinary supply depot should be, and our intel indicates that the Imperium just a high value object there last week. We have no idea what it is--they're really trying to keep it under wraps--but judging by the security, it's important. Finding out what this object is and either taking it or destroying it could be vital to our efforts."

She walks to the center of the room. "So, any questions? If not, what'll it be?"

---

Look for Redridge to be more investigation oriented and the supply depot to be more combat oriented.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Sep 3, 2016 around 06:19

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The general cocks her head as Ziv holds his fist up before slowly and awkwardly returning his fist bump.

---

Mostly posting because I forgot to mention this but you guys get 600 1800 credits (=gp) total for completing the mission. You're free to split it up as you choose.

e: 1800cr!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Sep 5, 2016 around 04:56

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"Our intel indicates that the supply depot is too heavily guarded for anything less than a full team attacking it.

"Now, for Redridge. We've arranged transportation for you leaving at 12:00. You should arrive by 13:15. We don't know much about our informant; he was never an official member of the resistance, but we know she's a human who works at a gas station on Ridge Street. Glamorous, huh? Must be how she gets his info I'd imagine. Anyway, our dead drop spot is at the corner of Spring Street and Ayles Road, on the underside of a mail dropbox.

"Any questions?. Also, you can pay a quick visit to the quartermaster before you go if you need some new gear. Good luck out there."

---

Operation Seeking Swan
12:00 26 May, 3527GC

You all load into the back of a black Cyjat Teko minivan, and begin the long ride out to Redridge. The countryside looks calm, peaceful even, despite the occupation. Redridge is a small town of about 50,000. There's virtually no Vular presence here except for the convoys that pass through occasionally, stopping for gas and rest along the way. You drop off in the main road cutting through town, Ridge St, near an apartment building and a small business plaza containing a laundromat, dry cleaners, a nail shop and a hair salon.

fake edit: you guys can RP for during the ride too, I just wanted to get an intro post up too!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2016 around 23:01

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"Good idea, Meri," the general says. "I'll have the quartermaster outfit you guys with some short range radios before you go. Just be careful; they're not secure, so don't say anything too sensitive over them. Maybe codewords?"

You each get a short range radio that will allow you to communicate with each other while you're around town.

---

During your drive through town, you noticed two gas stations on Ridge Street. One is near the edge of town, a PG station. There's not much around it of note other than a bar, the Rough Edge. The other is a Lonaco station in the middle of town by the business district, with a restaurant and multiple shops near it.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Sep 11, 2016 around 22:11

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The Rough Edge
Ziv, as you walk into the bar, you notice that no one looks up at you, an unassuming elf, other than the bartender, an older dwarf with gray hair pulled back into a braid. The Rough Edge is a small hole in the wall, and the inside shows it. It's dark and loud inside, and the wood paneled walls are coated with a thin sticky film tinged with dirt. Signs for different brands of beer line the wall behind the bar, seemingly brighter than the dull yellow glow cast by the hanging lamps. Looking around the room, you notice a group of people quietly playing pool, a four people playing darts with drinks in hand, and the rest scattered around the bar area or sitting at tables around the room, loudly conversing over the generic rock music blaring from the jukebox in the corner.

You can roll perception to notice if anything is off in the room or to notice any suspect people


Spring St. & Ayles Rd

You find a small slip of paper stuck to the bottom of the mailbox with a green and white PG magnet. On the paper is a neatly handwritten list:

pre:
Scheduled:
5/24: 1  Guard, 1 Ammo
5/25: 1 Food
5/26: 1 Food
5/27: 1 Guard, 1 Food, 1 Ammo
5/28: 1 Guard, 1 Food, 1 Supply
5/29: 3 Guard, 1 Weapon, 1 Ammo 1 ???

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The Stop Diner

The hostess seats you and hands you menus, which contain standard diner food: breakfast food, chicken strips, burgers, sandwiches and even some "real" entrees. Shortly after you sit down, the waitress comes over. "May I get you anything to drink, ma'am?" she asks. Seated in the booth in front of you are what looks like a concerned older couple, leaning in over their food, speaking in hushed voices.

Make a perception check! Anyone who went to the diner with Naivara is eligible to roll as well.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The Stop Diner

Out of the many other customers in the restaurant conversing normally, you key in on those ahead of you. Though you don't catch much, you hear snippets of the conversation, including "Our poor Elen,", "I told her that apartment wasn't safe, the east side is a bad area, especially with all of the girls disappearing over there lately" and "I doubt they'll do anything to investigate, the Vular don't even seem interested in this town! Hell, the only drow in town work at the power station, and they're civilians!"


The Rough Edge

Out of the room you single out two drow sitting next to each other at a corner table. You head over to subtly listen in, hearing bits and pieces of their conversation. Some pieces of the conversation you pick up include, "the new catch from apartment 332 fought pretty hard, almost killed Joeln," "yeah, she knocked us around pretty good... knocked half my pack loose there, and I didn't even get a chance to pick my gear up before we bolted," and "I"m glad no one seemed to hear us, or at least didn't want to get involved if they did".


Valley's Department Store

Among the racks you're able to find a trenchcoat, a scarf and a trebly for Unsung. He may look particularly socially maladjusted, but he at least won't look (much) like a giant space anomaly!

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The Rough Edge (pt 2/2 sorry guys )

"Certainly, my friend," he says, grabbing him a bottle from the cooler beneath the bar. "Work? I hear the gas station needs a new manager. Old one just up and disappeared. No call, no showed and everything. If you mean serious work, and you're in to sleuthing, people around town like her are disappearing. Man, woman, elf or human, doesn't matter. No clue where they're going either. I wouldn't be surprised if their kind has something to do with it," he says, nodding towards the two drow.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The "convoy" you see is not one you'd expect. It seems that the Vular are running simple ground based convoys, probably because they don't see enough of a threat to warrant the added expense of areal transportation. The actual shipment today is but a simple hovertruck with a few armed guards in it carrying food through the main drag of town. From your perch, you see it make its way from the narrow, rocky valley immediately before the town, down along Ridge Street and out into the hills past town.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The drow get up and leave the bar after a few hours, around 6pm. They hop into a plain silver hovercar and drive towards the west end of town. Stoaga loses sight of them behind a couple buildings but you both are successfully able to track them to a parking garage attached to a nondescript apartment building next to an office building towards the edge of town. The building is 4 stories and probably has 24 rooms in it. You see a couple other drow going into the apartment as well.


You two can roll Streetwise checks to supplement IC guesses and suppositions if you want

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Ziv:
You catch up with a particularly friendly (and rather open) drow leaving the building, asking him about the residence. "Yeah, this building is just for us drow who work at the [power] plant outside of town... I guess the Imperium doesn't trust civilians to operate it? It's not like it's hard work, but maybe they're worried about sabotage? I'm not sure everyone here does though, there's a few people I've never seen working there... the ones on the fourth floor, Tulaie and Eluris I know I've never seen," he says. He pauses before quickly saying "Oh, I'm running late for work! Have a good day!"

Stoaga:
You see the Drow park on the fourth (and top) floor of the garage. They get out and enter the building from a door that looks like it leads to the fourth floor of the building.

From your perch, you also notice a small, one story building on the outskirts of town that looks like Vular architecture (concrete, brutalist architecture incorporating lots of black steel), and is definitely newer than the rest of the buildings in town. It seems to have been constructed since the Vular took over the planet. Nothing else about the building is notable, and you don't sense an immediate purpose to it.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


342 Oak St.

Upon walking into the apartment building, you notice that it's bright and well kept, and that there's an attendant at the door. You give her the drows' names and she points you to room 403. You knock on the door and a tall drow answers the door wearing a plain white tshirt, shorts and a pair of shower sandals. "Hello..? Can I help you?" he says, visibly confused.

Stoaga
You can see inside the apartment from your vantage point, and can see the drow open the door. The other drow is hanging back in the living room, standing up and looking just as confused as the one inside.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2016 around 18:14

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The drow Naivara slammed into the wall trembles in fear, his legs seeming as though they would give out from under him were you not pinning him to the wall. His companion bolts for the door, but is stopped there by Kvardek and Ziv. He freezes in place, stiff as a statue. The pinned drow responds to Naivara, "Ohgod... G-girls?" he manages to eek out, his voice quivering with fear. "Th-they're in the l-lab on Elm Street.* Pleasedontkillme pleasedontkillme pleasedontkillme," he says as he begins crying.

* The building Stoaga saw is on Elm Street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


(per discord conversation)

257 Elm St.
19:00 hours

You arrive at the unmarked building. It's a squat, one story building whose blocky cement architecture is overwhelming. It's dark steel accents only slightly contrast from the grey cement walls. The windows are blackened, not unlike the rest of the structure, and you can't see through them at all. You notice a security camera trained on the front door, and what looks to be a keycard reader on it. A driveway around the back of the building leads to a loading dock, which is magnetically locked shut, and a door beside it which is also locked by keycard, a second camera overlooking this area as well. You also notice cameras observing the other two sides of the building.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«6 »