Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"Before we make a decision," Meriele pipes up, her voice quiet and reserved yet clear as day, an obvious hint to her past, "I would like to make a request of all of you. Some of you may know me as Nebula. My real name is," she hesitates, looks around, but seems to find some peace when she can't spot any listening devices or the like, "Meriele Ingvar. What you may also know is that the Imperium has a bounty on me. A high one. Therefore, for your sake as much as mine, please never refer to me by any of these names over comms, in missives, even just in general conversation. Call me Meri, Mer, Ellie, N1, whatever you like, just not any of the names I was once known by. I've been on the run for a while now, evading capture, and I owe my success partially due to the fact that I've never used or let anybody else use any of my real names. Always nicknames or codenames. It endangers both myself and everyone that even turns a blind eye to my presence. Thank you for your consideration."

The elven woman rolls her shoulder, and flexes the fingers on her modified cybernetic arm, which is mostly covered by the zipped-up sleeve of her jacket she's wearing to not attract too much attention, though occasionally, the other people in the room might notice something shifting and bumping under the fabric. "That said, regarding the plan...if we want this attack to attract attention, I agree the hovercar approach may have the best avenue of success. I would prefer to have some way of masking my face, though. Just in case."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

The singer threw a nervous glance at the street, before tying a separate length of cloth around her face to mask her features. "Let's take the alley," she said, turning back to the crew, "the objective is important here. Blowing that up is enough of a statement, yeah? We should take every advantage we can get, considering the numbers." With a glance at Naivara, she continued: "I'm sure our only actual soldier could back me up on this, with her experience."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele clenched her fists as she hid behind the dumpster, and tried not to gag from the smell of the corpse. "Ugh. Disgusting," she whispers, before letting out a slow exhale and preparing herself for what was to come. Her biological hand spread open again, and she took hold of the zipper on her sleeve, getting ready to fight at a moment's notice. The others might hear a low hum - not too loud, but there nonetheless - coming from the singer's arm.

Initiative at 1d20+3=14.
Stealth at 1d20+9=20 I'll park at F11 for now.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele freezes in place. She had hoped they'd be able to get closer before being noticed; but the goblins were sharper than expected. And they were too far away for her to really get into the fray effectively. Thoughts run through her mind, trying to find a way to be effective; but maybe letting the real fighters go first was a better idea.

No action.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"Okay, girl. Time to do something." Swallowing her fear, Meriele turns the corner around the dumpster she was hiding behind, running out into the opening of the alley - and unzipping her sleeve as she does so. The hum turns louder as she unveils the dark purple monstrosity that her arm had become. Energy sparks around it as she raises the arm and splays her fingers, bracing her shoulder. "Hey soldier girl! Heads up!" With that, the hum emanating from the core in her weaponized limb turns louder and higher-pitched, before there's a dull thwomp and the elf recoils a little from the shot, as an invisible bolt of energy, indicated only by a ripple in the air, slams into the patrol chief. The surprised goblin is sent staggering back into the concrete barrier, allowing Naivara to slip in another attack while the enemy is dazed from the impact.

Move: to J10.
Standard: Staggering Note with CA vs Patrol Boss at 1d20+7=19. 4 thunder damage, and Naivara gets to make an MBA against the goblin.

Also I'd like to remind everyone that if they are missed by an enemy, I can slide them 2 squares - one person per round. While I'll try to keep an eye out for good opportunities for this myself, if you want to be slid somewhere after a miss, please let me know.

pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 22/22 (THP: )        AC:   16    Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 7/7 (V: 5)       For:  11    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Staggering Note         [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step                   
                        [ ] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Bardic Training: Perform one bardic ritual a day without expending components.
Eladrin Will: +5 to save against charm effects.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Trance: Meditate aware for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

The former singer starts charging forward, gesturing at Naivara. "Go! Get the rifleman! We've got this one!" Her weird machine arm glows brightly, and she disappears into thin air...only to re-emerge right next to the patrol leader and punch him in the face with the revved-up weapon. The poor little creature splatters against the concrete, before the arm flares up again and Meriele skips a bit further in space. She grasps at Unsung, even though he is nowhere within reach, and seems to literally pull him through space, the odd creature ending up next to Naivara with a swirl of purple energy.

Move: to o13.
Standard: Fey Step to r13

Action Point!
Standard: Melee Basic Attack at 1d20+8=21. Hit! Invoke Lesser Dimensional Step to make damage 2d8+5=17 damage. I teleport to s14 and teleport Unsung to t12.

pre:
Meriele   						 
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0

Staggering Note         [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [X] Lesser Dimensional Step                   
                        [ ] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Attract Attendants: Receive up to 3 people to do mundane tasks when in a place where you have fans.
Song of Rest: At the end of a short rest, you and allies add +4 to the hp of every healing surge spent.
Virtue of Cunning: When an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares, slide that ally as a free action 1/round.
Welcome Guest: Obtain room and board for yourself and up to 7 allies when in a place where you have fans.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele is left breathing heavily, the adrenaline rush of combat slowly wearing down as no new threats appear. "I..." She looks over to the splattered goblin, and almost throws up right there. "Oh, ugh..." Walking away from the corpse, she covers her mouth with her biological hand, while the purple mechanical limb slowly becomes less animated, its glow and hum fading. "I didn't mean to..." The words come out, even if nobody's listening, while the singer slowly walks off, in the direction of the extraction point. "Can we go...?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

She looks up, pale skin and eyes wide, to the ...black hole thing. "Yeah. Weird, huh." She lifts her arm, the purple machinery almost a match for Unsung's own colors. She's quite for a while, trying to steady herself, but when her words come out, they're quiet and reserved."It's this thing. Imperium tech. Modified teleporter - you know, like on starships? - for personal use. With some added combat capabilities. But it's... kind of limited. Takes a lot of power, and a long time to recharge."

Meriele falls quiet again, as she moves forward to the extraction point, keeping an eye out for other drow forces that may approach. "Don't ask me how I got it," she adds, a hint of fear coming back in her voice.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele goes a pale white as she sees the drow approach, and immediately ducks behind a dumpster. A string of curses comes out in a panicked whisper. "We gotta get rid of them. They can't report back about me!" she hisses to her team, clutching the strange purple machinery to her chest as it hums to life.

Initiative at 1d20+1=19. I'll start at I7. Remember, if you spent surges during your short rest to heal up, you get +4 HP with every surge.

pre:
Meriele   						 

[ ] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Seeing Naivara take two shots, Meriele raises her arm. "You can do better than that, soldier. Hang in there!" A purple glow surrounds the wounds on the woman's chest, and the wounds seem to knit themselves closed. It's not proper medical treatment, but it'll serve, for now. The psicom soldier moves forward to the riot drow, and as she lunges, another dull whump is heard and the armored soldier is sent flying back. Meriele moves forward to stand behind Naivara, trying to shield her purple arm from the drow somewhat. She didn't want them to see it. Didn't want to give them the chance to report back.

Minor; Majestic Word on Naivara. She spends a surge to heal 12 hitpoints, and slides 2 squares to n9.
Standard; Staggering Note vs Drow Riot Control at 1d20+7=14. Riot Control takes 4 thunder damage, is pushed to r9 and Naivara makes an MBA at 1d20+9=13, which misses.
Move; to M8

pre:
Meriele   						 

[ ][X] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"They do not live." With a voice uncharacteristically icy, Meriele zips forward and batters the Patrol leader in the stomach. There's a moment's pause, where her arm hums to life with power, and once again the black hole entity is pulled through space once more. The drow is obviously on his last legs.

Move; Fey Step to r6.
Standard; Melee Basic Attack vs Drow Patrol Leader at 1d20+10=28. Invoke Lesser Dimensional Step for damage at 2d8+4=12. Unsung teleports to t8.

pre:
Meriele   						 

Vicious Mockery         [X] Lesser Dimensional Step                   
                        [X][X] Majestic Word        
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"You can take my share of the action," Meriele huffs, zipping up the sleeve around her machine arm once again as it dies down. Her breath is heavy, and she's sweating - cold sweat. She tries to focus, tries to calm down, but her legs and hands are still shaking. This wasn't what she expected combat to be like. Or maybe it's exactly what she expected it to be, and that's why she was always on the run.

No backing out now, really, was there?

pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 18    Vision: Low-Light

Vicious Mockery         [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"Fine," she squeaks out, "just fine!" There's a beat, heavy silence hanging among the crew, as Meriele clenches her fists, then opens them again. "OkayI'mnotfine," come the words, rushing out like a waterfall. "I've just never been in a fight before, let alone a fight against drow, and killing them! I'm a singer, for stars' sake! I'm not built for this!" She doesn't cry, there's no tears, but it doesn't seem like she's far from it. "I mean, I want to fight, I do, but it's so - it's so..."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"I, uh..." Meriele awkwardly rubs at her zipped-up arm as she speaks, "I don't know. I'd prefer the investigation, I guess. Try and keep under the radar. And not in the middle of the fight." She gives an awkward smile to the others. "Sorry, I...guess fighting wasn't as easy as I thought it was. I just need some time. Maybe this'll help!" With an apologetic look, she turns to the general. "No offense. Just...blowing up a statue and killing a bunch of drow is - it's a bit much for a first timer." She sits back down on one of the stools. "If we can just take it easy with the lethal force and big explosions for a bit, that'd be...helpful."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

At the Rebel Base

Though she remains quiet for a long time, when the time for questions come she comes to the fore again. "Do we have some communication options? Short-range comms maybe? Splitting up might be necessary - it's a small town, a party of six looking like we do will stick out like a sore thumb. I mean, I figure we don't want to alert any particularly patriotic feeling people. We got away more or less without witnesses in the square, but that doesn't mean we don't look suspicious anyway if we show up like this to a dead drop."

----

At Redridge

Meriele exits the vehicle with a relieved sigh, taking in the quiet atmosphere of the country-side town with a muted smile. "Alright, well...let's see what we got here in town." She brushes one hand through her hair, and lets her eyes glide over the street. "Maybe we can find a diner or a cafe where some of us can set up shop while others get the dead drop?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele ponders for a moment as everybody else walks off. "Tell you want, Unsung. You wait here, I'll go get you something to walk around in. Be right back." She darts off at a brisk pace into the shopping street, looking for a clothing store of sorts. IF she can find something like a cloak for the anomalous entity, maybe he can be of use while they go about their mission. Fortunately, she's learned well enough how to get about town discretely while finding useful things. Finding a store and some clothing to hide Unsung's features in said store shouldn't be too hard.

Streetwise at 1d20+10=19.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"Before we start giving out any presents," Meriele pipes in over the radio, as she makes her way over to where the discussion is actually happening, "wouldn't it be easier to send a door delivery? Even if Ghost-Face airdrops the presents, then what? We need some boots on the ground to ensure payment, to at least. Captain, what do you think?" She finds it easy to defer to Naivara on tactical decisions like this. With her silver tongue she might be able to talk her way into or out of a lot of things, but this is a little out of her league.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele, before moving into the lobby, quietly starts inspecting the boxes. "Let's see if we can find out what they're doing here." She checks the crates for locks or alarms, and only after confirming that there aren't any, tries to open them. "Any bets?" comes the lighthearted question in a whisper, as she attempts to open the first six-foot box she can get into.

Thievery at 1d20+2=7 to open any locked boxes. Probably gonna need some help with that.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

A cold, vast dread grabs a hold of Meriele as she reads the shipments and watches the cameras. This was different than the fear she felt in battle, the fear of violence she had never before employed. This was simply existential terror. "It's another lab," she whispers. Her eyes turn hollow as she turns back to the others. "We have to get those girls out of here. I don't care what it takes. We can't let them stay here a minute longer." Memories of her time on the Incandescence flash through her head. The sterile rooms, the uniformed drow, the ceaseless experiments - she tries to search them for the name she found on the ID - perhaps it was someone from there? She wasn't sure if she wanted that to be the case or not.

History at 1d20+6=10 to see if I recognize the name Tyrlat.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"Let me see what I can do." Meriele steps up with a steeled face as she attempts to produce something from the systems. Her computer skills aren't particularly great - she was never a hacker or systems expert - but when you spend a few years on the run, you pick up a few tricks here and there. It was going to be a hackjob, but a hackjob would have to do.

Arcana at 1d20+10=14.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele stands up with a grunt. "You don't wish us any harm?" Her weaponized limb comes out of the sleeve, humming to life. "Please. I know what you do here!" She stretches out her arm, still looking at the scientist, and fires another blast of air that hits her target in the face, sending her reeling and allowing Unsung to deliver another strike. "You hurt everybody but yourself. Don't pretend otherwise."

Move; Stand up.
Standard; Staggering Note vs Scientist at 1d20+5=17. Hit for 4 thunder damage and push her to A7. Unsung gets to make an MBA at 1d20+10=29, hitting for 2d6+3=6 damage.
Save; vs Hex at 1d20=14. No longer Hexed.

pre:
Meriele   						 

Vicious Mockery         [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: Make a free MBA when you Fey Step.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"For what?" Meriele retorts, as she strides forward. "For the pain you inflict on innocent men and women. For the torture you bring them, while hiding behind the face of science!" Her arm hums with power, a purple glow throwing harsh shadows across the singer's face. "But hey, good news. You get to see the results of your Imperium's 'science' first hand." She disappears, giving Naivara a moment to step aside and regain her composure as the remaining guard and the scientist stare in unbelief...only to be shocked while Meriele appears right in front of the scientist, lashing out with her arm as she materializes. The drow can only barely bring up her staff to deflect the first blow, but Meriele is unfazed, lashing out again without stopping.

Her hand blows up with a lightshow, leaving a shocked expression on the scientist's face and a giant, smoking char on her chest as she collapses to the ground. Unsung is pulled through space-time once more, appearing next to Meri. "Go. Finish it," she grunts, breathing heavily as she stares at her defeated enemy.

Move; E12
Minor; Majestic Word on Naivara, who restores 14 HP and is slid to H16.
Move: Fey Step to B10.
Free: MBA vs Scientist at 1d20+10=15. Miss.

Action Point!

Standard: MBA vs Scientist at 1d20+10=28. Hit, invoking Lesser Dimensional Step for 2d8+5=15 damage. Scientist is dead, and Unsung gets teleported to B11.

pre:
Meriele   						 

Guiding Strike          [X] Lesser Dimensional Step          [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [X][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad fucked around with this message at Dec 9, 2016 around 13:55

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele, unsurprisingly, heads straight for the patient rooms, not even answering the others. She leaves the door open as she enters, but is taken aback for a moment at the sight so familiar to her. "Hey there..." she starts, trying to keep her voice soothing. She was in control now. They couldn't hurt her here anymore. No matter what the memories flashing through her head told her. "You're safe now. They're not going to hurt you anymore. I promise." Her jacket falls off, showing off the spot on her shoulder where the strange artificial limb joins with flesh. "I was like you, once, kept in a room like this with so many others. But I got out. And now I'm going to get you and all the others in here out too." The former singer extends her biological hand, gently, inviting the shivering girl to come with her. "Can you move?"

Picked up Amulet of Mental Resolve.

pre:
Meriele   						 
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  13    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light

Guiding Strike          [X] Lesser Dimensional Step          [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [X][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Amulet of Mental Resolve: +2 to saves against charm, illusion, sleep keywords.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele's eyes turn distant as she is asked the question. "I...similarly to you, I guess. Somebody fought. Freed me. I ran." She rubs her bionic arm self-consciously, turning her head away. "It was chaotic. Bullets, alarms, screams..." Her voice quivers, and she takes a deep breath to center herself, turning back to the girl. "But I ran. It was the only thing I could do, the only thing I did for...years. I ran to here. And then the Imperium came, again." She places her hand gently on the girl's shoulder. "I didn't fight because I wanted to. But I couldn't run anymore when they locked the planet down. So I fight because I have to. I'm sorry - it's probably not what you wanted to hear. But sometimes circumstance conspires against you, and you have to do the things you didn't think you could. This is what I am now. What we are." She gestures at her arm and the girl's legs while she says that. "We have to make the best of it." She undoes the leg restraints as well, before trying to figure out a way to get them powered up again. "How many of you are there here? Do you know?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

While the others go about dealing with the informant and the important data, Meriele stays behind with the patients, making sure they have a small amount of comfort. "Look, I know this is going to be tough, but we're going to take you somewhere safe, alright? You'll get some care, and then hopefully you can stay safe. I don't know about contacting your family, that might have to...wait a while, but for now, at least, you'll be somewhere better than this." She shares some of her rations - not much, in the way of food, but probably better than they've had while cooped up in here. "That means you might have to run, though, or at least be fast enough not to slow us down. If there's guards or militia coming for us, we can cover your escape... but that means you'll have to stand on your own for a while. I just want you to be prepared for that." Her eyes are dead serious, but also worried.

"I believe in your strength - you lasted this long in here, after all - but I can't make promises I can't keep. So...things might go wrong. They might go wrong, and we'll all be back down here before the day's end. But I promise that I will fight as hard as I can to keep you all safe. No matter what. So I want you to promise me that you'll listen to us, for now, even when you're afraid, even when you're tired. That way...we can all get out of here alive."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"We can't ambush the convoy with these girls in tow," Meriele says, as she starts gently ushering the three altered women towards the exit. "Where are we going to leave them? Michelle might be ready to fight, but with the state they're in, I don't think the rest of them can." She lets the others handle the explosives. It's probably safer that way. "Do we have a way to contact HQ? Can they send out a vehicle, at least to pick them up?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele waits patiently as the caravan passes by. Her weaponized limb is already softly humming, poised to strike, but the rest of her body feels just as heavy with tension as the metal arm. The singer grits her teeth, preparing for the coming battle.

I'll start at P2. Initiative at 1d20+2=4. Welpo.

pre:
Meriele   						 

Guiding Strike          [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Not having expected the patrol to fan out and meet them on the hill, Meriele flails in a panic at the charging goblin; but she catches him in the head, and the creature crumples to the ground. "Okay. Unexpected, but I can still go with this. I think." Taking a breath, the hum from her weaponized arm revs up to a high pitched whine before she disappears into thin air, emerging in front of the sharpshooter and lashing out at him; but unfortunately, her hit fails to connect. The glow from the engine on her shoulder seems to spread, covering her in a soft purple blur. Meanwhile, Michelle rushes over with an angry yell; as Naivara sidesteps to let the young rebel through, the girl crashes into the officer with so much force that her knife goes straight through the man, pinning his lifeless body to the corpse.

Enemy's Turn: Virtue of Cunning upon Officer's miss to slide Naivara to P9

My Turn:

Minor: Invoke Swordmage Warding. I get +3 AC until the end of the encounter.
Standard; Guiding Strike vs Goblin 1 at 1d20+10=17. I hit, so he dies.
Move; Fey Step to U7.
Free: MBA from Eladrin Swordmage Advance vs Sharpshooter 1 at 1d20+10=12. Miss.

Michelle's Turn:

Move: Move to Q10.
Standard: Piercing Strike vs Officer at 1d20+15=35. Crit for 29 damage, Officer is dead.

pre:
Meriele   						 

Guiding Strike          [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [X] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [ ] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"I don't think so!" Meriele reaches out for Ziv, and it's not long before the bullets that struck him are teleported from his body. "Kvardek! Run for cover!" With the sharpshooter now out of sight, the infantry man was her next target. While the robot moves for the cover of the trucks and joins Naivara, Meriele ducks low and makes a sprint for the enemy; but he's too quick for her, and her blow goes wide. Michelle has better luck, running along the trucks before breaking off with a surprising burst of speed to run down the other infantry man, who drops to the ground without a sound, leaving her with bloody daggers. She turns to the other drow. "You're next!"

My Turn:

Minor: Majestic Word on Ziv, who heals for 11 HP.
Move; Moment of Escape to slide Kvardek 5 squares to K10.
Standard Charge to T3 and MBA at 1d20+11=13. Miss again, dagnabbit.

Michelle's Turn:

Move: Ambush Trick to move to K14.
Standard: Piercing Strike vs Infantry 2 1d20+15=23. Hit for 1d4+9+2d8=17 damage, Infantry 2 is dead.

pre:
Meriele   						 

Guiding Strike          [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step          [X] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [X][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [X] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele exchanges a glance with Michelle between the trucks, then nods her head at the opposite side of the battlefield. A quick jog sees her on the infantry's side, and a blast of energy hits him, sending him reeling even if it doesn't do much damage. The soldier regains his footing and aims his gun at the singer...only for Michelle to jump on his back with a blood-curdling scream of rage after a full-out charge, smashing the infantryman into the ground and rolling off of him with her excess momentum, her dagger stuck in his back.

My Turn:

Move: to Z3
Standard Staggering Note vs Infantry at 1d20+6=22. Hit for 4 thunder damage and push him to X8.

Michelle's Turn:

Move: Ambush Trick to move to Q14.
Standard: Charge MBA to W9 vs Infantry 1, invoking Backstab at 1d20+18=21. Hit for 1d4+6+2d8+1d6=24 damage, Infantry 1 is dead.

pre:
Meriele   						 

[X][ ] Majestic Word  
                        [X] Moment of Escape      
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele studies the basic map provided. "Not sure I like our chances here," she mutters, pointing out the watch towers and the guard posts. "How in blazes are we supposed to get in there with all this security? It's not like we can pass for goblins or drow. Do we have any amount of reinforcements that might be able to create a distraction? Any disguises or false papers to sneak us in? If not...this is gonna be one hell of a job." With a sigh, she turns to the new recruit. "Hi. I'm -" she pauses, the act of giving her name still causing some hesitation, "I'm Meriele. Please don't call me that in the field. But glad to have you with us."

pre:
Meriele   						 
HP: 32/32 (THP: )        AC:   18    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 7/7 (V: 8)       For:  13    Passive Perception: 16
Speed: 6     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light

Staggering Note         [ ] Cunning Ferocity                 [ ] Stirring Shout
Guiding Strike          [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word     
                        [ ] Moment of Escape 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Inescapable Longsword Each miss adds cumulative +1 to attack until I attack different target or hit.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

The young elf grumbles under her breath. "I'm gonna be honest, I don't like this. I'm not a soldier, I don't know how to do this. I mean, yeah, we can sneak in, and then what? There's no way we're going to be able to disable the AA and take off without a fight. We'll be outnumbered and outgunned. Anybody have an idea?" She looks at her companions, and especially Naivara - as the only real military figure here, she had faith in the woman's judgement. But it was obvious she was out of her league here.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele does her best 'grumpy soldier' impression, trying not to let her nerves show. "Look, I dunno what to tell you. This truck was supposed to go to the lab in Redridge, but then those rebels wrecked the place there and we got orders to divert here for security reasons, while they clean up the mess. I've been in this drat cab for days now and let me tell you, it ain't great. Can I just drop off and call our superior so we can confirm things? Stretch my legs? And I could use a drink." A weary sigh for effect helps to sell the lie, hopefully.

Bluff for 1d20+12=24.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"Ah, crap. Get cover!" Meri shouts, moving to the back of the truck. "So heads-up," she says to their new companion, Kacht-Ka, "I can teleport people. It feels a bit funny, but it's not harmful. If you trust me, it's gonna be you, 'cause I have a feeling you're good up close." She nods her head at the guard.

Initiative at 1d20+2=21. Move to V9.

pre:
Meriele   						 

Guiding Strike          [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word     
                        [ ] Moment of Escape 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Inescapable Longsword Each miss adds cumulative +1 to attack until I attack different target or hit.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele's arm revs up with a high-pitched whine of energy, as her jacket falls away to reveal the bionic weaponry in all its dark violet glory. A light puff is the only sound as she disappears, and reappears near the guard that had questioned them, ready to strike. But the drow is well trained, and she ducks the first blow; however, she isn't fast enough to dodge the second. As she connects, the engine on Meri's shoulder blasts out a jet of energy, and from inside the truck, the bugman rematerializes behind the now-flanked guard. "Let's see your lessons, guy!" Meri adds, as the soft purple glow encases her being once again.

Move: Fey Step to AA8.
Free; MBA vs Guard 1 at 1d20+10=13. Inescapable Longsword means I get +1 to attack Guard 1.
Standard: MBA vs Guard 1 at 1d20+11=28. Hit, invoking Lesser Dimensional Step for 1d8+5+1d8=13 damage. Teleport myself to AB8 and Kacht-Ka to AB6.
Minor: Invoke Swordmage Warding for +3 AC throughout the rest of the encounter.

pre:
Meriele   						 

Guiding Strike          [X] Fey Step                         [X] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [X] Lesser Dimensional Step
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word     
                        [ ] Moment of Escape 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

"Gotta get rid of these guys quickly." Is the first thought in Meriele's head. She'd initiated the attack, but it had been less effective than she'd hoped. These guards were tough. The ship was right there, but they weren't going anywhere with these drow on their heels. "Come on, new guy. Let's do this right!" she says as she wheels around, giving Kacht-Ka the opportunity to circle behind the initial guard.

On Kacht-Ka's turn;
Free; Virtue of Cunning on him being missed; slide him to Z5

On my turn;
Move; Shift to AB7.
Standard: [url=]Guiding Strike[/url] at 1d20+12=18. Miss, Inescapable Longsword bonus vs Guard 1 is at +1.

pre:
Meriele   						 

Guiding Strike          [X] Fey Step                         [X] Swordmage Warding                 
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word     
                        [ ] Moment of Escape 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad fucked around with this message at Apr 6, 2017 around 17:38

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Spying the hangar open, Meriele gestures for Kvardek to move back, before taking a quick circle around the guard. The drow begins to react, but she pushes the guard back with a well-placed burst from her arm, allowing Kacht-Ka the opportunity for another blood-lesson.

On Guard 2's turn;
Free; Virtue of Cunning on Kvardek being missed; slide Kvardek to Y14.

On my turn;
Move; to W6, avoiding OAs
Standard: Staggering Note vs Guard 1 at 1d20+8=18. Hit for 4 thunder damage, push him to AB6. Kacht-Ka gets an MBA at 1d20+10=21, hitting for 1d10+6=11 damage.

pre:
Meriele   						 

[ ][ ] Majestic Word     
                        [ ] Moment of Escape 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele eyed the hangar, and then the remaining tower. If that thing didn't blow, they would never make it off the planet. So, gesturing at Naivara, she urged the soldier onwards toward the shuttle. "Go! Get it ready!" She turns back towards the tower and slaps the explosives on haphazardly. SHe'd gotten basic instruction at the basecamp, but under the stress of the combat it was still a bit messy. But it would have to do. Priming the plastics, she got ready to sprint for the ship

Minor; Majestic Word on Naivara, she heals for 15 and gets slid to Q9.
Move; X5.
Standard: Plant explosives on second AA tower.

pre:
Meriele   						 

[X][ ] Majestic Word     
                        [ ] Moment of Escape 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

Meriele slings a ball of force at the guard harassing Kvardek. "Get the ship started!" she yells at Naivara, running towards the hangar herself as the soldier does. Her hand trembles on the trigger of the detonator, watching behind her as Kacht-Ka makes his own move, waiting for him to get clear before she blows up the AA tower, securing their escape...more or less.

On enemy's turn
Free; Virtue of Cunning on miss to slide Naivara to O7.

My turn;
Standard; Staggering Note vs G2 at 1d20+7=22. Hit for 4 thunder damage, and G2 gets pushed to X14. Kvardek gets an Eldritch Strike at 1d20+9=22. Hit for 1d8+6+1d6=12 damage.
Move; Run to P5.
Minor: Trigger explosives on AA tower once Kacht-Ka is clear of the blast radius.

pre:
Meriele   						 

[X][ ] Majestic Word     
                        [ ] Moment of Escape 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Meriele

The star comes running aboard the ship, but stumbles across a loose bit of flooring and practically slams into the wall facefirst. "Go! Get us out of here!" she shouts towards the pilot seat, before collapsing onto her rear end and breathing heavily, watching the shuttle door close. "You alright?" she asks Kvardek, "you took a big hit there in the final stretch." Reaching for his back, the apparatus that is her weapon hums to life and takes the bullet easily from the robot's damaged interiors.

Move; M2.
Minor: Majestic Word on Kvardek, who heals for 14.

pre:
Meriele   						 

[X][X] Majestic Word     
                        [ ] Moment of Escape 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

«4 »