Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs




Stoaga, as a rogue element hired less than a week ago, likely still gets several odd looks, especially since, while fully buttoned up with facewear worn when outside, she's opted to have sleeves up, jacket open, and face visible. When asked about this, there was a brief phrase or two uttered about letting her skin breathe, and how seeing the face would make her less scary. Whether that's genuine or just an excuse to be more casual than others is up in the air, but it's how she arrives to the meet. Upon hearing the options, she makes her opinion known.

"Would prefer stealthiest route, with ranged approach. Pick off from distance, weaken target, rush in when vulnerable. Or, launch charge? Rocket? Simpler."

Eyeing her companions, she notices problems already: everyone is wearing black or some kind of reflective material, whether it be leather or metal. In a daytime mission, everyone else is going to stand out like a sore thumb. Then again, perhaps that's for the best, considering it'll help her maintain her sniping positions better. She opts not to bring this up yet for that reason. She's only just met them, after all.

...And then she remembered to introduce herself.

"...Name, Stoaga. Clan, White Legs. Sniper, hunter, stealth."

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Jul 23, 2016 around 14:01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga looks about. A tight corridor, wherein her allies might get in the way of her shots, but will also block the enemy's path. Not to mention, considering the way things are going, her opinion doesn't seem to matter. In response to all these votes, Stoaga just shrugs and follows in whichever direction the group goes in, lagging behind them and keeping an eye out for hidden enemies and terrible stealth attempts.

I give a +2 to Stealth checks to everyone around me. Also, bear in mind I'm using Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx at the moment.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga spots a problem well ahead of the others. Unfortunately, her clicks and nonverbal communication are lost on this group as she hops inside the dumpster for cover, the smell not bothering her due to the mask. She prepares her rifle to look like little more than a hunk of pipe that's poking out. Meanwhile, however, she sees perfectly fine through the scope as she scans the horizon for her first target.

Stealth: 1d20+10 20

Initiative: 1d20+9 27

Going to D9

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2016 around 22:25

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga makes a hissing noise of sorts as she aims her rifle. The eagle-eyed among the group notice that she's not actually aiming at anyone, but instead at the street wherein the four cronies are located. With a surprisingly quiet *FWIP*, her gun launches its round. The rubber-coated round hits the ground, hits the goblin furthest away in the chest, bounces off and hits another in the face, rebounds again to hit the stomach of a third, then stops when it bounces into the fourth's shoulder.

Firing at R10. I have a 20-square range, so I very much have range for it. I can hit every target within one of that, so...
Rapid Shot!: 4#1d20+10 21 28 18 27
Damage!: 1d10+5 13

In a quiet tone, she hums to herself. This is just another day for her.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


The soft tune continues as she fires another shot. This one hits the same goblin the last one started with, but goes wide and misses the second goblin. It rebounds off the nearby car, however, and hits its third possible target square in the back.

Firing at R10 again.
Rapid Shot!: 3#1d20+10 16 14 19
I miss the other Patrolman. Patrolman 1 and Rifleman 1 take...
Damage!: 1d10+5 12

She then tries shutting the lid of the dumpster and making an attempt to not give away what she believes to be a great position.

Stealth: 1d20+12 26

My turn is over.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Sensing no immediate targets, and her hiding place worthless, Stoaga leaps out of the dumpster and scurries off onto the street with surprising speed.

Moving to k8

She sees two priority targets, takes a knee and gets into firing position. First, she spies the commander locked into melee combat with one of her allies. She goes right for the kneecap. *FWIP*

Disruptive Shot!: 1d20+10 20
Damage!: 1d10+5 9
Goblin Patrol Leader is Immobilized (save ends)

The shot dislocates the joint, making the limb unstable and, unless said goblin is a juggernaut, likely too painful to do any more than stand on until it pops back into place. With that taken care of, she scans the horizon again...And sees a straggler trying to escape. She hisses and fires right at the thigh, attempting to hamstring its efforts.

ACTION POINT!

Clever Shot!: 1d20+10 19
Damage!: 1d10+5 13
Patrolman 2 is Unconscious.

A shot right to the butt is painful, and in this goblin's case, quite possibly too painful to stay conscious.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"Primary objective completed. Secondary also completed. Fight went well."

She begins offering handshakes to each of her teammates while finally pulling down the gas mask. It covers her mouth, but she's probably smiling. Maybe.

"Congratulations."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga looks at the astral being with a puzzled expression. She then shrugs and points to one of the goblins in the distance, offering her scope as a means to look further. Upon close inspection, the creature is doubled over in pain, rather than dead in a pool of blood. The impact points definitely look bent in painful ways, but not life-threateningly.

"Clan sees no point in killing unless asked to. Live targets worth more, can strip more things from. Have killed before, though. Unavoidable, but impersonal. Allegiance changes with time, cannot dwell on past. Must look at future, build better tomorrow where past does not repeat. Time will come, where gun is worthless."

She looks around at the bodies again, then puts her mask back on. With that, Stoaga dashes off, gathering the weaponry of the goblin guards and field-stripping them into their base components while heading towards, and climbing, a building back towards their evac point with seemingly little effort.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga is already looking at the drow and has her rifle pointed forward. She's already in the process of firing as the preparations start for everyone else.

Initiative: 1d20+9 29

Going to F10

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


The world is in slow-motion to Stoaga. Almost everyone is oh so slowly entering their positions as she lines the crosshairs up in her scope. Her target? Right between the eyes of the security team's pointman. The moment she's got it, she takes a deep breath and and fires.

Disruptive Shot!: 1d20+12 28
Damage!: 1d10+5 14
Drow Riot Control is now Dazed (save ends.)

A clean shot with one of those rounds is bound to leave someone concussed. Doubly so when she managed to line up the angle well enough to properly impact rather than hit and scrape along the temple. She smirks and puts the mask back on.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga notices several targets hiding behind the car through the scope of her rifle. Ordinarily, this would be cause for someone to move elsewhere and try to get a better angle. However, Stoaga is confident she can hit the rifleman (yellow) through the car with a well-aimed shot.

Clever Shot!: 1d20+10 21
Damage!: 1d10+5 9
Yellow Rifleman has been slid up 2 squares to u8.

She succeeds at hitting the pole nearby, bouncing back square into the rear of the drow, giving them enough of a shock to send them stumbling past their friend and out of cover.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


The sniper hisses at the suggestion. She's not done stalking her prey yet. Speaking of which, look who's still behind cover? She opts to take aim and drag the officer out of cover with a heavier round.

Clever Shot!: 1d20+10 25
Damage!: 1d10+5 8
Officer is slid to s8.

"Secondary objective incomplete. Will not move yet."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Without skipping a beat, she goes right for the chest cavity to leave the guy too pained to get up and knocked on his back.

Clever Shot!: 1d20+10 18
Damage!: 1d10+5 9

Her shot rings true.

"Secondary objective complete. Lethality...minimized. You can kill if want. Need payment before ammo becomes lethal."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Finally free from her mission in all but the rewards portion, the sniper unwinds, unmasks and unbuttons, deciding to lay down rather than sit in a seat. She begins flipping through a book she kept concealed in her coat...A cookbook? Though she's less reading it and more eyeing the pictures of the finished products. She seems to have a penchant for anything flame-roasted, as well as anything that calls for mushrooms, based on how long she dwells on these images (as well as the obvious reactions). Meanwhile, she just sort of puts her rifle on the floor of the vehicle, seemingly uncaring for its safety aside from actually putting on the safety.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


She gives a sidelong glance from her book. "There is saying in tribe. 'There are no real 'enemies,' only people with opposing goals.' One day, fighting Drow. Next day, still fighting drow. Month later, still fighting drow. Year later, drow are allies."

...Seeing that the statement likely doesn't help answer the question, she lazily scoops up her rifle and empties the magazine. At the bottom of the blue rubber-coated rounds was a single real round. She holds the two bullets up. "Many stories, many ways of reading story. If monster is tearing through village, people grab weapons, try to decide what do. Sometimes, put to sleep. Disable. Send back home. Monster is not real danger, is not aware of problems. Monster might be ally later. Might be waste to kill big source of meat with too much excess. But sometimes, must kill. Monster is danger to everyone. Monster cannot or will not change. Monster will always oppose. Save many by ending one. Feed many by killing one. But sometimes, feed more by capturing live. Very confusing, cannot always know correct answer until after."

She begins refilling her 5-round magazines. "Easiest to let others choose for you. Soldier fights for cause of country, of leader, of ideal. Does not have to follow ideal, does not have to believe in cause. But, must have loyalty. Loyalty to cause until the end. Soldier does not question orders, follows them instead. Mercenary is paid to do job, does job. Myself, paid for 'supporting fire.' Not paid for 'assassination.' Choose rubber bullet because order does not specify. Rubber bullets cheaper, can hit weak joint several times, hurts more. Leaves unconscious. Enemy thinks of pain, thinks of opponent, considers loyalty. Will probably vow revenge, become more dedicated to cause. But might also have second thoughts. Abandon fight. Save life. But decision is theirs, not mine. Cannot force change. Will not try to."

Having finished with her maintenance, she goes back to her book. However, rather than go back to laying down with it, she tries to give 'Nebula' something to calm down with. She puts an arm around her, and shows her an image of a sponge cake coated in frosting and berries, pointing to it. "When in mission, I think of award waiting for me. Happy face, hot meal, hot shower, sweet treat. Cause does not matter to me, so long as contract is fulfilled. Most important is...what is term...'Personal happiness?'"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"Want mission with wider space. Outside mission, shipment, sounds like wider space. Want that one. Will take either, though."

Stoaga just lays herself down and begins napping. Evidently she isn't especially enthused by the job.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga raises her now-covered hand. "Can collect item. Will collect item. Very quick. Very quiet. But cannot take mask off. Sun too bright. Call sign 'Redeye.' Will remain quiet."

She...doesn't actually leave her teammates much time before she checks a holomap and then heads on her way, her natural speed giving her quite the head-start on Kvardek. Evidently she wasn't planning on wasting time, much less proceeding with any objective that wasn't mandatory.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga eyes the list for a moment. The information was fairly plain and the implications obvious. Not that she thought about them all that much. If they took over the station too early, the shipment might not arrive unless it was done so silently. Considering her present company, 'silently' was not going to happen. That said, she supposes she may as well do some recon work and confirm the direction that the shipments are coming from. Meaning she needs to find the highest possible vantage point. She begins scanning the horizon for whatever sticks out the highest. When she finally notices her companion catching up, rather than actually speak, she simply taps it, then points upward, resuming her scanning of possible vantage points.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga finds her way to a tall building, the tallest she can reach without trouble. Which given her agility, means few buildings are trouble. Once up top, she produces a monocular to begin scanning the horizon, looking for any enemy ships that resemble the convoy she'd be looking for. Surely she can find it, see where it lands, and from there, meet back up with her compatriots after she finishes watching the procedures.

Passive perception, with Aspect of the Seeking Falcon, is 23.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga's eagle-eyed stare at the convoy continues until it has left line of sight, shortly after which she receives comms chatter. Taking another look with her scope, she's able to make out its origin's most likely location. Mostly due to the fact that she spots the nameplate on the place. She holds up the radio and begins communications.

"... Eight o'clock. Look as high as you can."

She intentionally angles her scope lens back and forth in the sunlight to reflect sunlight a few times as a silent signal that only people looking for it would really see.

"Also, found good roads. Bring map next time, will mark next place to travel."

... Her ability to give subtle hints over radio, however, needs some work, if only because it sounds too vague for either side.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Streetwise!: 1d20 11

Stoaga gives her signature sniping hiss before rushing herself along to the next sniping point. It's a short sprint and a quick climb up to her destination: a balcony from which she can begin scanning the windows for any sign of the target. This time, however, she's got her rifle primed and ready. Due to this, she takes a crouched position and does her usual stealth routine.

Assuming there's no immediate danger, taking 10 is a thing, which results in Stoaga having a passive Stealth of 22 to go with her passive Perception of 23.

She buzzes back into her radio. "Can see everything. Trying to see friends. Have presents for them. Which sound better?" She carefully clanks against both a live round and a rubber bullet, giving Ziv an audio sample of each as she prepares to load a magazine.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


'Ghostface' chimes in on the radio. "Saw your meet and greet. Heard, too. Know where next place is. Meet outside, will get there quicker together." Her radio goes silent soon after as she begins sprint-shuffling her way down to meet the rest of the group at the entryway to the apartment complex.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"Ghost Face" takes aim and fires at the cameras. Using her rubber rounds, rather than actually disable the camera, she opts to try to knock each either off their mounting and thus facing the floor, or into facing at an angle with less visible range to create blind spots. Given her eagle eyes, finding said blind spots would be trivial.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga chimes in with a somewhat uncharacteristic bit of tactical advice, pointing at the feed of the cells.

"That place, risky to travel. Prisoner calls for help, makes noise, demands assistance, causes alert. Cells likely alarmed, or require key. Unsure if this is research camp, or more dark thing. Will not compromise mission for POW at moment, however. Too many unknowns. But, can fix."

She notes the elevator and gives it a quick point.

"Lift is known unknown. Must keep watch for new arrivals. Meanwhile, can check other rooms, find supplies, procure useful tools. Like key."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Your sniper's eyes widen a bit in surprise at this turn of events.

"Place is not secure. Rescue would be too risky to perform first. Enemies would attempt to destroy evidence of wrongdoing before removing intruders, would radio ahead, redirect shipments. Should capture outpost first, confirm extraction method for self and prisoners, find covert means of contacting handlers." She continues a bit, trying to appeal to a more tactical approach, but given the choice of "morality first" seems to quickly be forming as a consensus, she just sighs and lowers her face mask.



"Unhappy with prospects being uncertain, but will acquiesce. Just do not compromise mission and everyone for sake of heroics."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"Enemies located. Beginning assault." Stoaga begins her assault, aiming not with the scope but from simple pointing to hit the foot of the now-flanked guard with live ammunition. Her shot rings true, and seems to hit quite the sensitive area, tearing through it with gusto.

Clever Shot!: 1d20+16 32
Damage!: 1d10+6 16
Blue is now Prone.

Action Point!

Her attention then turns to the fleeing scientist, and she removes her magazine, replacing it with a singular round with an attachment to it: a length of barbed wire. Her shot lodges itself firmly in the chest of the scientist, the wire getting caught on it until the next part of the attack happens: Stoaga yanks the round out and tosses away the length of wire in one deft tug, dragging the target closer to the action.

Clever Shot!: 1d20+12 32
CRITICAL!: 1d6+16 18
Scientist dragged to B10.

quote:

HP: 29/29 AC: 17 Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 8/8 (V: 7) For: 14 Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +14 Ref: 17 Action Points: 1 0
Speed: 7 Will: 13 Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will Encounter
Aimed Shot [ ] Second Wind
Clever Shot [ ] Elven Accuracy
Rapid Shot [ ] Disruptive Shot
(Active) Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx
Aspect of the Seeking Falcon

Melee: +12, 1d8+4
Ranged: +12, 1d10+6

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2016 around 02:08

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga hisses in response to the offer. "Will not surrender when clearly outmatching opponent. Lives of enemies has no bearing on objective." She raises up her rifle, sharpens her vision, and looks through the scope, and replaces her magazine, looking to put a bullet right between the eyes of her target.

Swapping to Aspect of the Seeking Falcon.
Aimed Shot! at Blue: 1d20+12 22
Damage!: 1d10+6 9

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2016 around 18:52

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"One target remains. Removing possibility of escape." Stoaga shoves a pair of ball bearings into her rifle and fires near the knees.

Disruptive Shot!: 1d20+14 33
Damage!: 1d10+6 12
Red is now Immobilized (save ends)

The ball bearings, tied together with wire, wrap themselves around the guardsman, effectively tying their legs together.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"That is not for you to decide."

Aimed Shot!: 1d20+12 23

Stoaga lines up a shot past Naivara to blow apart the exposed section of the guard's skull with another round.

"Location cleared. Cleanup and appraisal next?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga sighs a little. "Now is not time for self-pity. Never the time. Must stand up, keep moving. Do not say 'cannot do.' White Legs tribe has weak skin, burns in bright sunlight. Did White Legs say 'cannot do,' and go underground? I think not." Stoaga drops a bit of the hood and jacket to show various scorch marks on herself from injuries exposed to sunlight, as well as the side of her face. "White Legs still see beauty in sunlight, and love current home. Built thick clothes, masks, goggles, and watch sunrise every morning. Did not cave under weakness. Conquered weakness, just like White Legs conquered giant beasts that roam planet. May look 'primitive' compared to Imperium, but Imperium cannot survive where White Legs live. Cannot remove White Legs from home. They have said 'cannot do,' and moved on. Now, as one would say in tribe, 'Stand Up, Stand Tall, Stand Proud!'" She offers a hand to the injured girl.

EDIT: Taking some Eagle Eye Goggles.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Dec 22, 2016 around 15:27

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


The Ghost-Faced killer stops what she's doing; pushing some buttons on a small device. "Was going to set timer for fifteen minutes...Remote detonation is fine too. Can set traps on stairs simple enough." She demonstrates by pulling out more of that monofilament wire from her lethal rounds and setting up little tripwires along the stairs, both up and down. Not to set up more traps, but because they'll cut in pretty deeply if tripped over or onto. "Cannot cut lift cable. Too thick. Will also need to put mask back on before surfacing. Will not take long."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Initiative: 1d20+14 16

Wow everyone's rolling garbage init today. Stoaga is parking herself at E3. She's also currently using Pouncing Lynx for that +2 to her initial attack, but will obviously switch stances after the attack with her minor action. Also, rolling a Stealth check since this is important with regards to remaining hidden, as they'll have to make an active Perception check to notice me after I fire. Speaking of which...

Stealth Check: 1d20+13 26

That is the check they'll have to beat on their turn, unless one of their passive Perceptions beats a 26.

pre:
Stoaga of the White Legs   
HP: 29/99 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 7)	For:  14    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +14		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7		Will: 13    Vision: Incredible
Languages: Common, Elven
Save Bonuses: 
Status: Overwatch

Ranged Basic: +13 vs. AC, 1d10+6 

At Will			Encounter			Utility
Clever Shot		[ ] Elven Accuracy	         [X] Safe Passage
Aimed Shot	         [ ] Second Wind                Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx                  
Rapid Shot		[ ] Action Point                Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
			[ ] Disruptive Shot
                    
Item Powers
Eagle Eye Goggles (+1 to RBA attack rolls. All attacks except Disruptive Shot are RBAs.) 

Conditionals/Resists:
No penalty for firing at Long range, +2 to Speed, +2 to Perception when in Aspect of the Seeking Falcon. 
+4 to Initiative, +Wis Mod to All Defenses vs Opportunity Attacks, +2 to attack rolls made in first round 
when in Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


If no one else will do it, let's have her try to shank Infantry 2 from L13, moving from K15. Because she's acting first that's +2 for CA, so a +14 to shank this dude, dealing 1d4+2d8+8. A mighty 11-28 damage range!

Attack!: 1d20+14 25
Damage!: 1d4+2d8+8 18

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Feb 10, 2017 around 14:24

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga reassembles her rifle, then looks through her scope. The pale sniper, finding that all of her targets are now out of range or obscured, attempts to find a new vantage point. She begins dashing at quite the incredible speed towards the truck and attempts to climb onto it, thinking that she could use it as a vantage point.

Athletics!: 1d20+7 14
Moved to J8, failed by 5 or more to get onto the truck, and fell, but as I was on the ground level to begin with I don't fall prone or take damage. It wastes her remaining 4 squares of movement, however.

She leaps up at the side of the truck, only for the driver to open their door, removing the handhold she was attempting to use, and dislodging her from the truck. The momentum gone, this leaves her a short distance away from her vantage point with nothing to show for it, in plain view of Naivara.



The faintest hint of a blush is barely perceptible underneath the mask as she shakily takes aim at the enemy sharpshooter (S2). Despite appearances, it seems that she's still perfectly capable of taking a well-aimed shot at center mass.

Aimed Shot!: 1d20+13 31
Damage!: 1d10+6 9

pre:
Stoaga of the White Legs   
HP: 18/29 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 7)	For:  14    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +14		Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 7		Will: 13    Vision: Incredible
Languages: Common, Elven
Save Bonuses: 
Status: Overwatch

Ranged Basic: +13 vs. AC, 1d10+6 

At Will			Encounter			Utility
Clever Shot		[ ] Elven Accuracy	         [X] Safe Passage
Aimed Shot	         [ ] Second Wind                Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx                  
Rapid Shot		[ ] Action Point                Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
			[ ] Disruptive Shot
                    
Item Powers
Eagle Eye Goggles (+1 to RBA attack rolls. All attacks except Disruptive Shot are RBAs.) 

Conditionals/Resists:
No penalty for firing at Long range, +2 to Speed, +2 to Perception when in Aspect of the Seeking Falcon. 
+4 to Initiative, +Wis Mod to All Defenses vs Opportunity Attacks, +2 to attack rolls made in first round 
when in Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2017 around 23:25

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


A bit of pale, white blood is left on the goblin's bayonet as it is yanked out of Stoaga's shoulder. She hisses both due to pain and for having her line of sight to her opponents blocked. Standing up, with a single motion and a *CACHUNK*, she swiftly removes the stock from her sniper rifle, flips it around to grip it by the short end, and swings it like a well-balanced club at this ruffian, putting him down for the count.

Standing up as my Move Action, using my Master at Arms feat to swap weapons as a Minor action, and using my rifle's stock to perform an MBA vs the gobbo!

Basic Smack!: 1d20+12 17

It succeeds, destroying the minion!

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga reassembles her rifle, then looks through her scope. The pale sniper, finding that all of her targets are now out of range or obscured, attempts to find a new vantage point. She begins dashing at quite the incredible speed towards the truck and attempts to climb onto it, thinking that she could use it as a vantage point.

Athletics!: 1d20+7 14
Moved to J8, failed by 5 or more to get onto the truck, and fell, but as I was on the ground level to begin with I don't fall prone or take damage. It wastes her remaining 4 squares of movement, however.

She leaps up at the side of the truck, only for the driver to open their door, removing the handhold she was attempting to use, and dislodging her from the truck. The momentum gone, this leaves her a short distance away from her vantage point with nothing to show for it, in plain view of Naivara.



The faintest hint of a blush is barely perceptible underneath the mask as she shakily takes aim at the enemy sharpshooter (S2). Despite appearances, it seems that she's still perfectly capable of taking a well-aimed shot at center mass.

Aimed Shot!: 1d20+13 31
Damage!: 1d10+6 9

pre:
Stoaga of the White Legs   
HP: 18/29 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 7)	For:  14    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +14		Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 7		Will: 13    Vision: Incredible
Languages: Common, Elven
Save Bonuses: 
Status: Overwatch

Ranged Basic: +13 vs. AC, 1d10+6 

At Will			Encounter			Utility
Clever Shot		[ ] Elven Accuracy	         [X] Safe Passage
Aimed Shot	         [ ] Second Wind                Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx                  
Rapid Shot		[ ] Action Point                Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
			[ ] Disruptive Shot
                    
Item Powers
Eagle Eye Goggles (+1 to RBA attack rolls. All attacks except Disruptive Shot are RBAs.) 

Conditionals/Resists:
No penalty for firing at Long range, +2 to Speed, +2 to Perception when in Aspect of the Seeking Falcon. 
+4 to Initiative, +Wis Mod to All Defenses vs Opportunity Attacks, +2 to attack rolls made in first round 
when in Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


"Stand down," the chrome one says, as if they'd accept surrender or they'd believe they'd live through this. These are Stoaga's thoughts as she turns herself towards the sound of Kvardek's voice, then scanning for whatever he was talking to. There they are. "Would rather not drag dead weight along. Will make dead weight anyway."

Clever Shot!: 1d20+13 23
Damage!: 1d10+6 11

She fires out a shot with a small wire line attached to it, intending to yank the target towards Meriele to prevent escape. However, her shot goes a bit deeper than expected, and when she finally manages to successfully yank the shot out, rather than pulling the body forward, the shot rips a small chunk of the target the bullet was forcibly dug into. Stoaga catches it, examines it for a moment, then simply removes the pin connecting the line to the bullet (and subsequent other "bits") and throws it away. While humanoid flesh is certainly edible, she isn't hungry at the moment. Not to mention she'd need to find shade before trying it, lest she burn her face.

pre:
Stoaga of the White Legs   
HP: 18/29 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 7)	For:  14    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +14		Ref:  17    Action Points: 0
Speed: 7		Will: 13    Vision: Incredible
Languages: Common, Elven
Save Bonuses: 
Status: Overwatch

Ranged Basic: +13 vs. AC, 1d10+6 

At Will			Encounter			Utility
Clever Shot		[ ] Elven Accuracy	         [X] Safe Passage
Aimed Shot	         [ ] Second Wind                Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx                  
Rapid Shot		[ ] Action Point                Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
			[ ] Disruptive Shot
                    
Item Powers
Eagle Eye Goggles (+1 to RBA attack rolls. All attacks except Disruptive Shot are RBAs.) 

Conditionals/Resists:
No penalty for firing at Long range, +2 to Speed, +2 to Perception when in Aspect of the Seeking Falcon. 
+4 to Initiative, +Wis Mod to All Defenses vs Opportunity Attacks, +2 to attack rolls made in first round 
when in Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga, her mask pulled down and more her attire casually aligned now that fluorescent lighting is all she'll run into, attends the debriefing. She's puzzled at the mention of this 'life support coffin' thing. 'Life' and 'Coffin' seemed like contradictory words, but she pushes that out of her mind as Bodan continues. After mulling it over, she opts to speak up.

"Found dead drop. Got information on schedule and location of deliveries. Followed workers out of location, to apartment. Disposed of them...non-lethally..." She realizes the potential issue of a pair of Drow stashed in a closet, though whether one of the group put them down for good is up for them to chime in about, as she was already on the move. "Used keys from workers to enter their facility. Cameras did not find us, no one found us, until medical staff, experimenters, found us. Demanded surrender, claimed...Stoaga does not recall the words. But found test subjects, augmented, or about to be. Michelle, part of group. Saved. Destroyed outpost with explosives, stopped next day's convoy, captured trucks of supplies. Returned here. But a question for you now, this one has. What do with former captives?"

Taking Bracers of the Perfect Shot and a Lucky Charm.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


A new job, and it's to get off-world. Sabotage is easy enough, but at the same time, she frowns a bit: space is a distance at which her eyes don't matter, her gunnery skills are mitigated by the slow speed of turbolaser swivels, and her inability to pilot a starship all come together to make the experience ultimately boring and not worth staying conscious for. However, as she's about to write off the mission as something she'll just have to put up with if she's going to get more jobs that properly use her abilities, a new partner appears, a friendly and an ally in combat rather than an escort. Stoaga's eagle eyes immediately notice the presence of twin blades on her new partner's person. She looks a bit surprised for a moment as she begins scanning her target all over, sniffing the air and listening intently to their words. "Jakkyou...? ...No, scent is wrong, voice as well...blades too large..." Only after mulling it over does she realize she's yet to introduce herself, and flinches a bit. "An apology. Am Stoaga of White-Legs clan, sniper. Your weapons, similar to friend's, albeit larger. Was confused, thought friend had found new clothes, came to join. Did not, it seems. But if style is similar enough..." she forms a small smile. "Will be pleased by your presence."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


The albino elf paces about, thinking about this. The smaller monsters never were much more than annoyances in most cases, so most of her hunt experience wouldn't apply here. The closest thing that would qualify, thinking about it, are the times wherein her clan would attempt to retrieve giant monster eggs from a nest. They involved taking an object and getting out after taking out or disabling the first monster to chase them. In this case, there would be two such monsters, but perhaps the blitzkrieg strategy may still apply...

"Am not familiar with this...how is it said...sit-u-a-tion? But know how to take something quickly. When stealing from Wrath Wyvern nest, once egg is taken, wyverns never stop coming. Must quickly take out first wyvern, then run back to base before second appears. Would same apply here? If Stoaga were to destroy these quickly..." She points to the clustered watchtower, anti-air gun, and control tower in the upper left corner. "And someone to destroy other goal quickly, could run to goal and steal it before more arrive? Can run very fast, have juice that could make everyone very fast too."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«4 »