Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara awaited the others' introductions, giving herself the opportunity to size up her new comrades. It was odd to be in a team with no familiar faces - she was usually paired with Davkas, or someone from a close training cohort. One of them was apparently a sentient piece of a black hole? However that happens? Panic wasn't an emotion familiar to her, but "deeply unsettled" seemed pretty apt. The way it spoke in her head made her implanted augmentations vibrate in a weird way she'd never felt before.

"Since we're introducing ourselves, I'm Captain Naivara Ulcahne. I was sent here by Alliance Special Forces Command. More specifically, I'm from PSICOM Team 1. I'm sure you guys have heard of us, right? At least most of you? Some? Regardless, you guys can count on me to get in the enemy's face, and personally gently caress 'em up."

Naivara's attention was caught by the man with the, apparently, makeshift armor. She takes a few quick strides over to examine him, with the same demeanor of inspecting a fresh trainee. "You put that together yourself? If that's the case, the handiwork's not bad. Seems like you're using some military gear. Though...how did a biochemist put something like this together? I get a sense you're gonna be more useful to us than you're letting on."

Her inspection complete, she announces her decision. "If we're gonna go in hot no matter what, we may as well just skip the sneaking around go in by hovercar."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara grits her teeth as Unsung's voice rumbles in her head. The minor headache sure beat the unnameable unsettled feeling she felt earlier, when he first "spoke." Didn't stop the vibrations from her implants feeling less than wonderful.

"Given the fact I have zero idea how much combat experience there is in this group, I'd say the alley is a better chance. At least until you guys get your feet wet anyway. UNS..I'll be right behind you. Not that I don't want to trust you, but in case things go tits-up, it won't hurt to have backup behind you."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara catches herself paused in view for a moment longer than she would have liked, and rushes to hide. She grumbles to herself "stealth isn't really my style anyway."

"We should try to draw them over. As much as I like to kick rear end, this needs to be efficient. Who knows how many more goblins are just out of our view? It's not worth it to find out the hard way."

Initiative: 1d20+0 20 +2 from Ziv = 22

stealth: 1d20+0 9 +2 from Stoaga = 11

ETA I'll take e11, to stay paired up with Unsung

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2016 around 05:05

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara unsheathes her broadsword as she runs towards the front of the fray, dead center to the road. She knew she couldn't waste her energy trying to sprint much further in her armor. "I've got big plans for all of you assholes..." she grumbles to herself.

Surprise Move to J10

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara continues her charge. Like I needed to be told. Hmph.

Move to O10

"Killzone...I like the sound of that." She turns her attention to the officer that tried to grenade her before and growls "YOU! I will loving end you without a goddamned grenade launcher! I don't know who you think you are, but you're not gonna have much longer to think about it."

Minor: Battlemind's Demand (Augment 0) on Goblin Patrol Leader

Charge to R11

Charging the goblin officer: 1d20+7 17 1d10+2 4

Naivara's anger at the officer for trying to grenade her and her irritation at landing only a glancing blow simply comes out in a frustrated growl.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara's fury at her missed attack just spurs her to fight harder. Emboldened, she decides to challenge the nearest rifleman and the officer. She fells the rifleman who took a piss-poor pot shot at her earlier. She dislodges her sword from the goblin's torso with a swift kick and watches him fall into a crumpled heap on the ground. With a scoff, she flicks the goblin's blood onto his uniform and wipes her blade on his leg.

After she squares her shoulders and cracks her neck, she turns to the officer and points her sword at him - the universal sign of a challenge - and bellows "YOU'RE loving NEXT"


Shift to S12
Standard: Whirling Defense (AUG 2)
Whirling defense (2): 1d20+7 22 1d20+7 25 1d10+4 10 (rifleman, officer respectively)

ACTION POINT!

The augmentation in her skull gently hums, as she conjures up every horrifying, blood-curdling image she can possibly think of (the process only made easier by her desire to see this goblin suffer) - dismembered bodies, horrifying monsters of legend, and otherworldly howls and shrieks. Connecting with an enemy's mind had to be one of the most satisfying sensations she could think of. With a yell, she slashes across the officer's body.

Demon dance (0): 1d20+7 17 1d10+4 10

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Aug 9, 2016 around 04:52

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

After shaking Stoaga's hand, Naivara claps Meriele on the back. "Don't worry, you get used to the carnage. Who knows? Maybe you'll even like it a little," she chuckles.

She makes her way towards the evac and decides to let her teammates know, "Hey, you guys? You didn't do half-bad for being new to this whole 'combat' thing. Don't let that go to your head, though. Now, let's blow this statue and get the gently caress out of here before reinforcements arrive."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Unfortunately for the Drow reinforcements, Naivara fully understands the order and had zero intention of complying. She chooses to retort with responses that would be best described as "highly racist" and "quite disrespectful" to the Drow people.

She unsheathes her sword and rushes towards the front of the melee, looking the riot control square in the eye. "Yeah, you heard me. You wanna fight about it?"

Initiative: 1d20+0 15

Starting at L9

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara draws in a sharp, pained breath as her wounds close and manages to strain out "I owe you one" to Meri. Frustrated by her poor aim, she repositions herself to try again. Much as the riflemen could pose a problem, the riot control was an extra body the others didn't need to deal with. Better to keep the focus on her, her bodily integrity be damned.

She attempts to attack the riot control, but fails to connect. "I guess they hit me harder than I thought.." she grumbles

Move to Q9
Minor: Battlemind's Demand on Drow Riot Control
Standard: Demon dance (0): 1d20+7 13 1d10+4 9


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 22/34		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 13/13 (V: 8)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

Broadsword: +7, 1d10+2

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Demon Dance		[ ] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldrich Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with attack not targeting you.
	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Feeling rejuvenated, Naivara attempts another swing at the Riot Control officer.

Steel Unity Strike vs Riot Control: 1d20+7 9 3d10+4 32

While she exerts as much of her energy as she can possibly muster, she fails to connect with her foe as completely as she would have desired.

So that's how it's gonna be, Orokos
Even though I missed, riot control still receives half damage of 16



pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 22/34		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 11/13 (V: 8)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

Broadsword: +7, 1d10+2

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Demon Dance		[ ] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
        attack not targeting you.
    Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2016 around 04:08

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara finds herself almost howling with pain and rage as she is struck in the head.

Demon dance (0): 1d20+7 15 1d10+4 7
(+2 from CA = 17)


"Why won't YOU loving die?" she roars at the riot controller in Elven. She takes a step forward to close the brief distance and locks eyes with the riot control. She lets out a primal yell and decides to fully take advantage of the moment, planting the image and sound of a screaming monster* in to the drow's mind. A goodbye gift from the mortal coil, she thought to herself.

She slices into the riot controller's torso, stopping just short of his spine. After the barely intact drow crumples to the ground, Naivara wipes some blood and sweat off of her face with the back of a gloved hand. She yells back to the van driver, "If we're going to send a message, we're gonna send a loving message!"

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gL4XqkQOFU



pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 11/34		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 11/13 (V: 8)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

Broadsword: +7, 1d10+2

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ x] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Demon Dance		[ ] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
        attack not targeting you.
    Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Aug 30, 2016 around 05:05

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"I'd hate to leave a job undone," she calls to the driver.

Naivara stalks over to the officer and positions herself next to him, near his head. "I'll show you who's getting loving crushed." She lifts her leg up as high as she can and drops her heel directly onto the officer, leaving a crater where his face once was.

She scrapes his blood off on the ground nearby and joins the others. "Let's get the gently caress out of here, yeah?"

-

The ride in the van was soothing. A few moment's peace did wonders for the throbbing in her head, thank the gods. She shuddered to imagine what surgery to fix a fried augmentation would be like out here. After allowing herself a few moments to allow her adrenaline rush to work its way out of her system, she takes stock of the team. She couldn't help but be concerned, given how green some of them were. How many had actually seen someone else's blood before? Meriele in particular worried her.

"You okay there, Meri? You're not looking too great."


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 34/34		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 11/13 (V: 8)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

Broadsword: +7, 1d10+2

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Demon Dance		[ ] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
        attack not targeting you.
    Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Sep 1, 2016 around 04:26

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

She knew Meri wouldn't be able to hold it together long. Frankly, it would have been surprising if she did. Sadistic as it sounded, Naivara knew it was better to prod at her. Better to deal with her emotions now than have her crack at an inopportune moment that could cost them dearly down the road. Now, Kvardek was a whole other manner...but he did ask a good question. She sighed and pursed her lips, trying to think of the best way to address them both.

"Wanting to fight and actually doing it are two very, very different things. You hear it all the time. Everyone knows some hotshot that talks about what a badass one-man army they'd be and they never do it. You're doing a brave thing that not many others would step up to do, Mer.

The first fight? gently caress no it's not easy. I've been in so many of these that I've lost count, but the first fight? The first kill? That's something you can train your whole life for and never know what it's like until you've done it. Trust me, I've been there. You have those doubts. Could I have done anything any other way? Did this have to happen? I felt the way you guys did. All the emotions and the questions. In the end, though, it came down to this - if there was another way, it would have happened. It comes down to you or the guy looking to kill you."

Probably not the most comforting thing ever said...but at least she tried, she thought.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

In a manner rather unbecoming an officer, Naivara sits in the back of the briefing room with her feet propped up on a chair. She couldn't help but feel relaxed. All the time spent underground just made her feel like a caged animal, she felt energized by fighting again. Last night she was in such a good mood she sat and sharpened her sword's blade to the sharpest it had ever been. She shadowboxed in her quarters, whatever she could to manage the endorphins lingering in her bloodstream. She empathized with Stoaga's lack of enthusiasm, especially since she'd put all the work into tweaking her weapons.

"Frankly, we need to gently caress up their supply lines. An army can't fight without supplies, and even delaying them by a few days buys us time. Whatever secret poo poo is hiding out in the depot can wait. It's already been there a week."

casting my vote for Redridge

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara chooses to forgo her usual eye black and places her clothing over top of her armor. Thankfully, special forces armor is tough but light. She figures out a way to hide her sword down the leg of her pants, making note to be cautious of the bend of her leg.

"It's not like anyone can actually see any of the hardware in my brain, so I'll post up at one of the restaurants." Naivara selects a restaurant that appears to be casual and relatively busy. The sort of place where nobody would pay much mind someone hanging around for a while, seemingly minding their own business.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Luckily for Naivara, she'd managed to scare up a few credits so she could look somewhat like she belonged here.

"Just a coffee, please. Black."

She settles into her booth and turns her wrist over. She'd die a little inside if her squadmates knew about some of the small games she'd installed onto her phone. The particular one she was playing involved keeping a flightless bird in the air as long as possible by sliding along hills and valleys.

That being said, the game presented a nice cover. The whispering couple nearby happened to pique her interest..

perception: 1d20+2 11

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Disappearing girls? Holy poo poo! Naivara makes a mental note for later about the distinct lack of drow in town. If it wasn't the Vular, who was taking the girls?

She's jerked out of her thoughts by her radio going off, making her acutely aware of her other callsign. Naivara sets her jaw and calmly places credits upon her table with plenty to spare for the waitress. It couldn't be easy making a living these days. She finds a quiet, out of the way place behind the restaurant and pretends to make a phone call.

"Listen up, 'Made Man,'" being sure to drip sarcasm from Ziv's callsign, "I am going to punch you in the face for that. But I'm going to make you wait for it. And you're never gonna know when it'll happen. You get me?"

She pauses, rather pleased with her threat. "Did you find out anything useful, or were you just trying find a reason to piss me off?"

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

I hate this code-talking poo poo, Naivara grumbles internally.

"I'll go in to ensure the deals go down. I have some questions about some...lost packages as well."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara flashes a wolfish grin at the Drow. "Sure you can. In fact, I think you're just the person I need."

She takes advantage of the open door and blinks into the apartment. When she reappears, she has the drow that greeted her pinned by the shoulders against the nearest wall, his feet unable to reach the ground.

Intimidate: 1d20+9 28

"I need information from both of you motherfuckers, now. And I hate repeating myself, so I need you both to listen real loving good." Naivara proceeds to glower at her captive and his roommate, activating her intracranial augmentations to force their focus onto her, whether they liked it or not.

She presses harder into the drow's shoulders - currently taking advantage of their psionic linkage to allow the unrestrained drow to share in his roomie's discomfort (hopefully). She orders,"don't try anything loving stupid and this'll be over quickly."

Naivara glares at the drow she's pinning. "Now don't think I'm stupid and play dumb when I ask this. Where are the girls? Be honest. Or this is gonna suck for both of you in ways you can't even fathom," she snarls in a harsh whisper.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara drops the drow to the floor and bends over to look at him. "Please don't kill you? Well since you said it so nicely and you cooperated with my very simple request, I don't see why I can't show my thanks and let you live."

She sighs, putting on an air of sympathy. "Though, I'm not sure what the gently caress your bosses are gonna do to you when they find out you squealed. Hopefully you can beg your way out of whatever they come up with for you. But...I really doubt it."

Before the Drow can respond, Naivara strikes at him with a solid right hook to knock him out. She turns to Ziv and orders, "get the other one and let's get out of here."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara twirls the keycard swiped from the ill-fated Drow in her fingers. "So we have this...but having a visual record we were here could bite us in the rear end later. Anybody got any ideas?"

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara breaks her silence, being uncommonly quiet while entering the building.

"I'll admit, sneaking and searching aren't exactly my fortes. I'll keep watch on the elevator. I can handle it myself if poo poo goes tits-up in here."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"I agree. Mission priority is the shipment. The fact of the matter is these girls HAVE been here while we've been trying to piece everything together. They'll survive a little while longer while we deal with what we came here for. Let's keep looking for information."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Upon noticing the scientist,Naivara devises a quick plan before entering the fight. "I don't give a poo poo who goes, but we need to split up so we can interfere with the research."*

Naivara cracks her knuckles and flings herself into the melee, seemingly teleporting across the room, focusing on drawing the guards' attentions onto her. She focuses her attention on the nearest guard and soundly cracks the guard in the jaw with a right cross.

Move to h15
Free: Speed of thought
Minor: Mark red and blue guards using Battlemind's Demand (Aug 1)
Standard: Attack guard (blue) with Conductive Defense (0) vs Ref: 1d20+9 26 1d10+5 12

*It's just a suggestion. I wanted to make the post rather than wait for responses in Discord.


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 40/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	1/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Dec 2, 2016 around 04:19

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara's arm and side ache, but she shrugs it off. With the threat of death now looming, she draws her sword and attempts to retaliate for the attack. She misses, possibly impeded by the pain in her arm.

Conductive Defense (0) vs Ref: 1d20+9 13 1d10+5 12

Saving throw: 1d20 5

pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 23/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	1/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Dec 4, 2016 around 00:45

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara shakes her head, trying to shake herself out of a daze. She refocuses her attentions and wheels around to the guard behind her, turning her attentions to him. Her sword blade connects solidly with his torso, but not as forcefully as she had hoped.

Conductive Defense (0) vs Ref: 1d20+9 24 1d10+5 7

pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 12/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	1/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara's annoyance at the guard's attack causes her to miss her retaliatory attack at the guard.

Conductive Defense vs Reflex: 1d20+9 12 1d10+5 6

pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 12/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	1/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"Yes...appraisal. We need to figure out our next move from here. Hopefully nobody knows what's happened down here..."

Naivara clenches her jaw and aimlessly fiddles with her sword. Unfortunately, the scientist would have been much more useful WITH her chest cavity intact. The more she thought about it, the less she could really blame Meri...

pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 12/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	1/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt
[/quote]

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara lets out a bark-like laugh after the informant finishes ranting. "You," she says pointing to the informant, "I like your style. There may not be too many throats around here for you, but poo poo - everyone in the Imperium's got one. I'm alright with bringing you along, just so long as you keep up with us."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"It's about drat time. We may be better off with remote detonation. I don't want us to take chances by running into some unexpected guests on our way out and get caught in our own explosion. Plus a distraction we can control is an even better distraction."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


(Posting initiative/location just to keep things rolling)

Initiative: 1d20+4 17

Starting at R14

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara unsheathes her sword and dashes directly towards the officer, moving unnaturally quick. She informs the officer, "you are so loving dead" as she lands a solid slash across the officer's chest.

Free: Speed of Thought - move to Q10
Minor: Battlemind's Demand against Officer
Standard: Conductive Defense vs Reflex: 1d20+9 20 1d10+5 13

Until SOMNT, officer takes +4 lightning damage if/when he hits one of my allies


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 12/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Feb 13, 2017 around 02:16

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

With the officer down, Naivara dashes off to the next target. The goblin barely has a moment to react before she cuts him down, setting her sights on his buddy.

Move: to K11
Whirling Defense vs AC: 1d20+9 28 1d10+5 10
Minor: Battlemind's Demand on S2


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 40/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 10/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2017 around 22:02

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

After hearing Stoaga hit the ground with a solid "whump," Naivara glances at her and simply shrugs. She turns around and decides to help Stoaga finish the job.

Whirling Defense vs AC (S2): 1d20+9 23 1d10+5 9


pre:
Naivara Ulcahne
HP: 40/40		AC:	18 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 10/13 (V: 10)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +0		Ref:	11	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	16	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Steel Unity Strike
Whirling Defense	2/2 Power Points
Conductive Defense	[x] Speed of Thought
			[ ] Eldritch Strike

Reactions
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"I'm Captain Naivara Ulcahne, of Alliance Special Forces - PSICOM. Good to have you aboard." With a terse greeting out of the way, she examines the map.

"We're definitely going to have to sneak in. Drawing too much attention means all of their attention is squarely on us on their home turf." She gestures towards the marked AA guns, "we will definitely want to save the explosives for these. We want them good and demolished." Naivara taps a finger on her chin, pondering. "Maybe we can sneak in with one of those trucks? I mean...some of us could pass in appearance for locals."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"I agree with Kvardek. We can't afford to be too severely outnumbered, and they can outmaneuver us easily. I think he's onto something with having a small group plant explosives. If we create chaos on two sides, it spreads them out and takes the heat off a little bit."

She returns Meri's glance and shrugs "I mean, we took down a research base on our own. If we do this smartly, we should be fine. At this point, we're far past anyone's first go-round with fighting."

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Mar 20, 2017 around 23:16

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

"Aw, gently caress" Naivara groans. She's rather unfazed by the large number of combatants, and takes off from the truck. "The leader's mine!" she calls over her shoulder and draws her (spiffy new) sword. No sense explaining her abilities to their new teammate - he'd see soon enough.

Move to P16 (Speed of Thought encounter power adds 6)

Initiative: 1d20+4 17

pre:
 Naivara Ulcahne 
HP: 46/46		AC:	21 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 11)	Fort:	17	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +4		Ref:	15	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	18	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	4/4 Power Points		[ ] Living Fortress
Vicious Cobra Strke	[ ] Second Wind
Conductive Defense	[ ] Action Point
Lodestone Lure		[ ] Knack for Success
			[ ] Psionic Vigor
			

Reactions
Speed of Thought (free): Trigger: Rolling initiative. Action: Can move 3 + CHA mod
	squares. Also gain +2 speed UEOMNT (after surprise round)
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2017 around 05:28

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara is mildly irritated by the shot - moreso that it damaged her armor and caused an irritating sting than anything else. She'd respond to him personally later, she noted to herself. But for now, she points her broadsword at the leader. "Looks like it's me and you, fuckboy." Before the leader can react, she leaps forward and lands a shattering blow.

Standard: Vicious Cobra Strike (Aug 2) vs AC: 1d20+9 27 1d10+5 7

pre:
 Naivara Ulcahne 
HP: 42/46		AC:	21 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 11)	Fort:	17	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +4		Ref:	15	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	18	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	2/4 Power Points		[ ] Living Fortress
Vicious Cobra Strke	[ ] Second Wind
Conductive Defense	[ ] Action Point
Lodestone Lure		[ ] Knack for Success
			[ ] Psionic Vigor
			

Reactions
Speed of Thought (free): Trigger: Rolling initiative. Action: Can move 3 + CHA mod
	squares. Also gain +2 speed UEOMNT (after surprise round)
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara finds herself simply irritated by the assaults on her. She swore she could hear her implants rattle against her skull as the pistol cracks her head. This just spurs her on to fight harder - crippling them meant access to the ship and a way out.

She channels her thoughts into the leader and his minion, turning her broadsword into the image of a hissing, striking cobra.

Standard:Vicious Cobra Strike (2) vs AC: 1d20+9 28 1d20+9 28 1d10+5 12
Leader is marked and takes -2 penalty to attack rolls until EOMNT

pre:
 Naivara Ulcahne 
HP: 27/46		AC:	21 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 11)	Fort:	17	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +4		Ref:	15	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	18	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	0/4 Power Points		[ ] Living Fortress
Vicious Cobra Strke	[ ] Second Wind
Conductive Defense	[ ] Action Point
Lodestone Lure		[ ] Knack for Success
			[ ] Psionic Vigor
			

Reactions
Speed of Thought (free): Trigger: Rolling initiative. Action: Can move 3 + CHA mod
	squares. Also gain +2 speed UEOMNT (after surprise round)
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Apr 10, 2017 around 01:35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

gently caress! was the only thought going through her mind as a bullet went through her neck. She dropped to the ground in a gasping heap, pressing her hand to the injury and cursing herself for getting cocky. Thankfully, Ziv was quick to act and got her stable enough to scramble away to regroup. She yanks out an emergency stimulant to give her an extra edge and jams it into her thigh. She wordlessly nods in thanks to Ziv.

Maybe I'll forget about that punch in the face I owe him... she ponders as she runs.

Minor: Psionic Vigor for 8 THP
Standard: Second Wind
Move: to R11

pre:
 Naivara Ulcahne 
HP: 23/46		AC:	21 	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 12/13 (V: 11)	Fort:	17	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +4		Ref:	15	Vision: Low Light
Speed: 5		Will:	18	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

MBA: Broadsword: +9, 1d10+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand	0/4 Power Points		[ ] Living Fortress
Vicious Cobra Strke	[x] Second Wind
Conductive Defense	[ ] Action Point
Lodestone Lure		[ ] Knack for Success
			[ ] Psionic Vigor
			

Reactions
Speed of Thought (free): Trigger: Rolling initiative. Action: Can move 3 + CHA mod
	squares. Also gain +2 speed UEOMNT (after surprise round)
Blurred Step (free): Trigger: adjacent marked target shifts. Action: Shift 1 square
Mind Spike (immed. reaction): Trigger: adjacent marked target damages ally with
	attack not targeting you.
 	Action:Deal force and psychic damage to marked target equal to damage dealt

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Apr 18, 2017 around 03:35

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«4 »