Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Please do not try to figure out the fantasies of teenage girls and unfuckable cat ladies. Also don't post about them in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Blue Train posted:

it means making the characters have sex

I want to assume you're being sarcastic.

:negative:

Because, really... Who's having sex with these people?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Guys, what does shipping mean, in this context? I'm assuming it's something terrible or stupid.

Or both.

I know I shouldn't ask, because my life is better for not knowing, but I can't help it.

It's a term that refers to which characters you want to see end up in a relationSHIP. Like "Oh, Archie and Betty are totally the better couple" is in this case shipping.

The vast majority of people who use the term are teenagers. While it can usually end up being sexually charged, "shipping" is not explicitly sexual and could refer to more or less "chaste" romances too. As I said, it is usually employed and taken seriously by teenagers, girls mostly, and very very very sad adult women.

EDIT: A lot of drama and television revolves around people's interest in "shipping" because "will they get together?" has proven to be the cornerstone for a massive chunk of drama for a large portion of the population since the dawn of time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

That is somehow MORE pathetic than the assumed bedtime roleplay. Wow.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

someone ship me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Pale Horse posted:

Please do not try to figure out the fantasies of teenage girls and unfuckable cat ladies. Also don't post about them in the thread.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's a term that refers to which characters you want to see end up in poo poo

EDIT: A lot of drama and television revolves around people's interest in "making GBS threads" because "will they get poo poo?" has proven to be the cornerstone for a massive chunk of drama for a large portion of the population since the dawn of time.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

someone poo poo me

sout
Apr 24, 2014

8-Bit Scholar posted:

relationSHIP

welp I should probably have figured that out at some point but I didn't.
e: no hang on that's bullshit.
can you friendSHIP people?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

sout posted:

welp I should probably have figured that out at some point but I didn't.
e: no hang on that's bullshit.
can you friendSHIP people?

look i don't make the rules here alright

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
So basically Tumblr is taking a show that has several kids as main characters and is turning it into a sex fantasy of theirs.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Laurenz posted:

So basically Tumblr is taking a show that has several kids as main characters and is turning it into a sex fantasy of theirs.

they did it with gravity falls too

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I ship Jim and Pam and the Demigorgan.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I ship Barb and Demogorgon :twisted:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Laurenz posted:

Welcome to the Internet.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

they did it with gravity falls too

wait, even cartoon kids aren't safe? :ohdear:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Laurenz posted:

Here's a protip: actively avoid anything involving the Supernatural fandom or that includes the word "Omegaverse" anywhere.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

A Pale Horse posted:

*edit* in a break from the soul crushing reality of tumblr heres a photo of the cast and their stunt doubles

Basticle fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 5, 2016

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Basticle posted:

*edit* in a break from the soul crushing reality of tumblr heres a photo of the cast and their stunt doubles

Is it just me or is there something a little creepy about the idea of child stuntmen (stuntpersons?)? It strikes me as uncomfortably like having child soldiers or something, although intellectually I can see having them more like athletes with training that the actual child actors don't have, like acrobatics and such.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is it just me or is there something a little creepy about the idea of child stuntmen (stuntpersons?)? It strikes me as uncomfortably like having child soldiers or something, although intellectually I can see having them more like athletes with training that the actual child actors don't have, like acrobatics and such.

They are probably just stand-ins for reshoots.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
Is Eleven's stunt double a boy?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Laurenz posted:

Is Eleven's stunt double a boy?

dewey from malcolm in the middle time travelled to the future to do her stunts and stop being molested

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This is the stunt double for Mike apparently. Unfortunately it's just a short woman, and not poor orphan child forced to risk his life. Sad really.

https://www.istunt.com/kathryn-howard

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Shut up about your ships and dumb crossover poo poo the only one that would be any good is one with MGSV where Snake fultons all the children and teaches them how to murder Government Officials in the cold war while Quiet shakes her titties for Hopper AND Joyce.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

someone ship me

Your avatar beat me to it

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

sweater owns

I'm Nancy's lazy eye

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ugh just gas this poo poo jesus

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There's got to be some quick easy word for "mashing two things together and slapping it on a shirt". Does nerdbait work?

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
oh my god :gas: this creepy rear end thread full of tumblr obsessives

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

There's got to be some quick easy word for "mashing two things together and slapping it on a shirt". Does nerdbait work?

sounds about right

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
My favorite character from Stranger Things is a tie between Ryuko and Satsuki.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

av material

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
you sadsacks need to stop existing

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

the whole show was nerdbait hth

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

just finished watching it. it was ok. main girl was very clearly anorexic + ended up with the douchebag kid. crazy mom owned

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Profondo Rosso posted:

main girl was very clearly anorexic

fatty spotted

winona forever

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i think stranger things is probably better if you havent heard about the absurd amount of hype around it yet

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

What the heck is "fandom" and why do people act like it's important, or real

This is on the level of people who play video games who talk about "gamers" like it's actually a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why look, the stars of the show have come to save it from its lame fans:

• Locked thread