Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



*Click*

The TV screen flickers on, just as a title card in a bold font fades out.

Then, flames rush in from offscreen, quickly engulfing the entire scene. Suddenly, the flames part as if a red curtain, revealing the dark background. Then, a spotlight snaps on, revealing Flaire as she struts towards the camera, snapping her fingers all the while. The camera zooms in on her flashing smile and, as she leans into the camera, her chest. She make a little spin, fanning her hair out which transitions to...

Tatsu stalking through a dark, raining alley with a hood pulled over his head. The vague outline of the team is behind him looking vaguely concerned. He then makes a sharp turn around the corner, and once out of sight, he punches the wall in frustration. He pauses for a moment and then walks past the camera, transitioning to...

Susanna Collins, staring with half lidded eyes eyed at the camera. She's not moving as the background moves in hyperspeed from piano recital to dinner with her family to a movie with Casey. Casey looks away for a moment, and Susanna's eyes snap open as she darts out of frame. She reappears as Barracuda, front-flipping off a tall building at night, looking vital and awake for the first time. Her spin carries her in front of the camera, transitioning to...

Bunny Bat, looking for all the world dead in her coffin, suddenly snaps her eyes open. Then, she yawns and stretches, not so much sitting up as simply rising up out of her coffin as if on a hinge. She winces at the single shaft sunlight leaking into the room through the curtains on the wall, and she grabs a parasol to shield herself from it. Twirling it, she leaves the room, and the door closes behind her, transitioning to...

A silhouette standing on the roof of a skyscraper against a full moon. Red goggles flash in the shadow, and then the light reveals Silver Bolt, who smirks and then jumps, running down the side of the building. Gargoyles and bat-like monsters attack him but he dodges them all and starts shooting his hand crossbow. One of the gargoyles falls in front of the camera, transitioning to...

A quick montage of images:
A pack of mummies advancing towards the camera.
Flaire leaning in (to kiss someone?)
Night Hunter yelling at someone off screen.
Evil Eye and Lag, Bunny Bat's friends, leering for the camera.
A bomb counting down towards zero.

Just before it reaches zero, then the screen goes black. It then fades in to...


A perfectly normal day in front of City Hall.
A bird flies down to land on a powerline and start tweeting. Then, an explosion erupts from off screen, and the bird flies away in a panic!

The camera pans across the street to the The Legerdeman in front of the Halcyon City bank! He's cackling as he waves his staff, and big ol' sacks of money march, Sorcerer's Apprentice style, past the terrified bankgoers who are huddled against the wall in the bank. The moneybags continue down the front steps of the bank and into a waiting, horse-drawn carriage. Only this carriage is pulled by pegasi, meaning he's planning on making an escape by air.

As soon as all of you arrive on the scene (all roughly at the same time, but tell me how you got here and what were you doing beforehand), The Legerdeman starts chanting and waving his staff over the street. A trio of rock golems rip themselves out of the road between you and him. Legerdeman then yells, "Seize them, my earthen slaves! I, your lord and master, command it!" They start stalking towards all of you, while Legerdeman tries to hurry the last few bags of money into the waiting carriage.


Silver Bolt, So, Mr. Team Leader, how comfortable are you with your new responsibility? Also, what did the order teach you about how to fight wizards?
Anyway, time to show your chops! What's the plan?

What do you do?

Tatsu, wow, you were almost elected the leader. What do you think about that? Anyway, this guy... ugh, what a tool. These Golden gen geezers are always clowns. At least this one just seems to want some money, instead of something crazy like turning everyone in town to a playing card or something.
...Still, you're getting a bad feeling about this guy's magic. It seems like he's using the same type of magic as that witch? Not nearly as well, of course, but still... It's really unsettling. Gotta wonder how he got his hands on it, right?

What do you do?

Bunny Bat, Vampires and zombies and wizards, oh my!
But, for real, this should be straightforward, right? It's a villain, he's stealing money, and you're gonna punch him. Simple! ...Shame it's the middle of the day, though. But, still, there's plenty of shade inside the bank and in the alley where the horses are waiting. Anyway, what ominous tidbit did you overhear about this job while you were hanging out with Evil Eye and Luminaera at Mokovski Bar?

What do you do?
Roll your starting move

Flaire, yeah, yeah, this fight's important and all, but it's your first REAL mission with your team. That first time was a good enough showing, and no one really expected you to have a ton of banter or anything. But... now that everyone knows you've taken to hanging out with your new friends, they wanna see the fireworks. They wanna know who to root for and who to boo. And, of course, the shipping has already begun. There's contingents for literally every pairing (and a few trios!) on the team, so... you can basically do whatever you want! Even better if you hint at one without shutting the others down, though, right? Anyway, make sure your audience knows what to think of each of your teammates by the end of the scene, or they'll make their own decisions.

Also, they didn't make you the leader! You actually came in last, with one vote saying, "Anyone but Flaire!" How do you feel about that?

What do you do?

Barracuda, Man, you've never fought a wizard before. This is gonna be super cool! What trick did you learn from your time in the Yard that you wanna try out?
Oh, um. Just pointing out, but city hall is like... right across the street. If things get a just a little more out of hand, you could probably have a good reason to be running through there! Who knows what you might "find" while you're there?!
Just, you know, saying.

What do you do?


You start with one team, and here's the Team move:

When you enter battle against a dangerous foe as a team, add two team to the pool.
● If the leader has Influence over every teammate, add another team. (No)
● If everyone has the same purpose in the fight, add another team. (???)
● If any team member mistrusts the leader or the team, remove a team. (???)
● If your team is ill-prepared or offbalance, remove a team. (No)

The leader of the team can mark a condition to avoid removing a team from the pool.

So, you're starting with 3ish points of team.

Influence Sheet Here

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Mar 28, 2017 around 02:50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Halcyon City Bank

I was ninety percent of the way through What We Do In The Shadows when the stupid alarm went off at the base. If I'm being honest, that's really the Legerdeman's biggest crime - that movie is great, and now I have to wait to finish it. Sigh. After a quick change into my uniform, I'm out the door and rocketing towards the location of the alert - Halcyon City Bank, total cliche - with all haste! And by rocketing, I mean that fairly literally... Fire Magic may not make it easy for me to fly per say, but I can burn the air beneath me and created controlled explosions to speed me to where I need to go. Looks awesome too, especially when I land - it's a controlled burn basically, so I have to be careful to do it on asphalt.

Which I do in front of the bank, flanked on both sides by my teammates as they arrive. I'm not first on the scene, but I'm definitely not last - and I can see why they chose to wait for me to arrive before engaging. Despite looking like a giant nerd, our adversary seems to be a straight up wizard. Summoning golems and everything, which my fans will absolutely love - easy to use full power on golems, since I don't have to worry about hurting them too badly. I look involuntarily towards Bunny Bat as I think that, wondering if she's planning on going all "I vant to suck your blood" on this guy. Probably, because she's weird and gross.

"Tatsu, Barracuda, Bunny Fat," I slip that in there, hoping she hears it but does't have time to respond to it. I have no idea where the cameras are, but I'm definitely looking around for them. "You've all got super strength, take on the golems. Silver Bolt and I can handle this guy no problem~" Gotta sound like I know what I'm doing, after all... though really, that's a fairly sound plan. Silver Bolt specializes in taking down things stronger than him, those other three can take on living asphalt no trouble, and it'd be improper for me to engage a secondary villain when the main one is both right there and looks like such a dork.

<Rauri> Assess the Situation
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5 + 3 = 8
<Scarybagels> Neopie: the Mon-Stars :V (sorry but I wanted to do that)
Asking: what here can I use to look extra good for the cameras?


Having looked about to find a good place to position myself for dramatic and visual purposes (no good looking awesome if the cameras can't see me), aka right on top of a fountain, I dash towards it, moving my hands in some dramatic looking patterns as I do. I don't technically need to use hand signals or words to control or power my magic, but they look super awesome... and they do actually help me focus some, though I'll admit it's mostly because of the confidence boost. Once I'm there I finish my spell, snapping my fingers as I raise my arms, a torrent of flame rising up around me in the shape of a phoenix. Being immune to my own magic is awesome.

Once I'm sure I've made an entrance that's appropriate, I call out over the roar of my flames to our antagonist. Gotta do this properly after all, and that always starts with letting the villain know how hosed they are while offering a surrender option they never, ever take. "This isn't a LARP, dear - figured I'd tell you since you're dressed for one. We're real heroes, and you're not getting away - you'd better surrender, Bunny Bat over there gets bitey when she gets mad. I'll sign an autograph for you if you do~"

<Rauri> Time for the Show
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<godfish> and Bunny Bat thinks Sliver Bolt wants to stake her probably
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10 + 3 = 13!
<Rauri> yussss
Have 3 Hold, spending 1 on The Legerdeman - This person loves me


quote:


Hero Name: Flaire
Secret Identity: Elyse McKenzie
Mask: The STAR!
Look: Woman, White, Charming Smile, Preppy Clothing, Transformation Sequence, Stylish Costume
Origin: Phoenix Soul (actually Stole an Artifact's Fire Magic)
Abilities: Fire Magic

Labels:
Freak: +1
Danger: -1
Savior: +1
Superior: +3
Mundane: -1

Moves
Time for the Show
When you put on a flamboyant display of your powers, roll+Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1-for-1 to name an NPC present and choose one:
● This person must meet me
● This person loves me
● This person volunteers help or information
● This person admires my team
● This person must have my help

On a miss, your display catches someone watching in exactly the wrong way; brace yourself.

Cold and Cruel Hot and Bothered
When you shut someone down, roll+Superior. On a 10+, choose one:
● Inflict a condition on them
● Make them lose Influence over you
● Take Influence over them

On a 7-9, choose one:
● You each inflict a condition on the other
● You both lose Influence over each other.

On a miss, they gain Influence over you.

Are You Watching Closely?
When you mislead, distract, or trick someone, roll +Superior. On a hit, they are fooled, at least for a moment. On a 10+, choose three. On a 7-9, choose two.
● you get an opportunity
● you expose a weakness or flaw
● you confuse them for some time
● you avoid further entanglement

On a miss, you’re hopelessly embroiled in it and under pressure; mark a condition.

The Audience
You are a celebrity in the city—although being a celebrity doesn’t always mean you’re liked. By default, your audience is a limited group of interested fans, and you speak to them through afteraction interviews and infrequent press conferences. Why does your audience love you? Mark all that apply.
You're charming, well-spoken, and smart
You’re a dangerous person, a femme fatale
You're stunning, unique, and beautiful

Choose two advantages
You have a dedicated internet following (follow me on Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, or at my blog!)
You have an endorsement from another hero (Wicked Elegance)

Choose two demands your audience makes on you
They require constant stimulation.
They require chemistry with your allies.

When you seek help from your audience, roll+Superior. On a hit, someone in your audience can hook you up. On a 10+, they'll only make a small demand. On a 7-9, their demands are a lot higher. On a miss, you've made a mistake, and your audience won't help you until you've redeemed yourself in their eyes.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, say whether it's part of the show or not. If it is, then you can shift your Labels as you choose. If it is not, then they shift your Labels, and you can clear a condition or mark potential.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they will tell anyone the truth about you. If they agree to keep it a secret, clear a condition or mark potential. If they don't agree, then they shift your Labels according to how they see you now.

When our team first came together…
We, as a team, attracted media attention within the city, thanks to our efforts. Who are they? Why do they support us?

Relationships
__________________ might wind up being more of a star than me some day.
__________________ would be a great sidekick.

Influence
Choose how you see the team: as a means to an end, or as something worthwhile on its own. If you see the team as something worthwhile, give three teammates Influence.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2016 around 05:38

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I was on my way from school to yet another Piano Recital when I saw the explosion in the distance and got the call. Naturally, I didn't have my costume with me, so I had to run all the way back to school, grab one of my spares from the hiding place, change on the roof out of sight, then run all the way back to get to the Bank, and somehow I still wasn't the last to get there, showing up right before Flaire arrived. I'm sitting perched on top of the dome on the roof of the bank, looking down at the scene.

...Or more down at the City Hall, across the street. I'm so close! But I can't just head off to take care of that, I do have heroics to do, and a wizard to fight! I've been hoping to fight a wizard for ages! Ever since Math-Silver Bolt showed me his training ground and I found the area for training against magical attacks. Actually the best bit I found out was that most magic is actually just a kind of energy, which means I can absorb it, like Flaire's fire. Aaaaand I learned that there's this... well, a pressure point basically, but instead of paralyzing you, it paralyzes your magic. I so want to try getting in close on The Legerdeman and doing that, and see if it really works out. And imagine the look on his face!

Flaire start's giving orders, but since she isn't our leader, I don't move, instead waiting for Silver Bolt to give us some instructions. Well, I do move, hoping down from my vantage point to land next to the rest of the team. "What's the plan Silver Bolt?" Then I go back to looking closely at the Legerdeman again, thinking hard. He's obviously a bit of a dork considering his alias and outfit, but an powerful wizard for that, and clearly a bit insecure (again the outfit). We need to sto phim getting the money, and ideally have him break into the City Hall, or send his golems into there... How to do it though?

<godfish> support Silver Bolt
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+3 = 10
On a hit, they hear you: they mark potential, clear a condition, or shift labels if they open up to you. On a 10+, you can also add a team to the pool or clear a condition yourself.

<godfish> pierce Legerdeman's Mask
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+3 = 9
Asking, How could I get Legerdeman to enter/attack the City Hall

GodFish fucked around with this message at Jul 24, 2016 around 05:58

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions: ---


Okay so last time, I wasn't officially in charge of anything. The museum was kind of a small job, and we weren't polled about who'd be in charge of the team until after it'd already happened. Probably to find out who felt like the most natural fit. I was really crossing my fingers when word came back and holy poo poo I'm in charge!? I told that ninja-reporter! HAH!

Being the one guy without powers means you either hoof it or get carried like a scrub, and since I'm definitely not a scrub, I do my own transportation. Via the Argent-Cycle, which is basically a super-souped up dirtbike. It's street legal but it'll go off-road or between buildings really easily too. (I've been working on some other modifications but nothing I can talk about yet.) Right now I've got the mufflers off on purpose so you can hear it coming a long ways off, but I can run it in silent mode with just a button press.

It feels great speeding down the road, I zip between the cars parked outside the bank, past the police line, and pull to a stop. I take my helmet off and my hair falls loose. I pull it back in my signature wolf-tail (leaving the goggles on of course!) and pull my crossbow off the handlebar mount. Freaking awesome, my first mission as leader is a WIZARD. I know all kinds of ways to make wizards have a bad day! I open my mouth to coordinate the team and...

Flaire arrives, barking orders.

*Record Scratch*

I almost don't say anything, because I'm so busy panicking inside. Not over The Legerdeman, over one of my own teammates! If Flaire upstages me during the first five minutes of the mission, I'm going to end up her sidekick for SURE. She's so flashy, and beautiful, and powerful too... why would anyone listen to some dumb kid with a crossbow when SHE'S right there...

And then 'Cuda asks me what I want them to do, and I look around and the others are still waiting on me, not jumping to do what Flaire said, and I almost want to cry. I give her shoulder a squeeze and mouth 'THANK YOU' without saying it out loud, then I point forward at the bank. Using my Official Leader Voice I shout my orders loud and proud. "Flaire's right about one thing, you always send magic to counter magic. 'Cuda back her up, if he tries to do any magic you can give him a taste of his own wizardry." I give her a big wink, which she should be able to see through the goggles but no one else is close enough to. Then I continue: "Tatsu, those golems are in need of some serious punching, and I know how serious you are about punching. Bunny, take care of his escape route, I trust you can scare off a few flying ponies, but be careful, there might be anything in that carriage."

I heft my crossbow to my shoulder. "I'll convince the money to stay put, we don't need a bunch of loose change running around! And I'll back up whoever needs it, so yell if you need help. Lets go!"

I don't wait to see who listened, I just have to trust them all to do what they think is best. Following my own advice, I start pinning down the moneybags' little cloth "feet" with bolts from my hand-crossbow. They flop over, still trying to crawl away, but unless Legerdeman uses a hell of a lot more mojo on them, there's no way they're getting loose.

When it comes to evil wizards, the Order recommends shooting them in the face with something pointy, but Legerdeman is a villain stealing money, not an evil murderer trying to sacrifice the town to a demon (yeah, that's happened.) So I'm taking the other advice my ancestors gave me, which is that sorcerer types always try to conserve their magic because they can run out. 'Cuda should be able to make short work of him, if Flaire doesn't take care of it. I'm actually more worried that those two will burn down the bank trying to out-hero each other than about anything Legerdeman can do against them... but I don't want to underestimate him. Those golems look nasty.

-----
Assess the Situation:
[23:57] <mistaya> !r 2d6+1
[23:57] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 12+1 = 13

Hell yeah! Questions: What here is in the greatest danger? How could we best end this quickly?
(I would consider that opening up, but if it's not good enough I'm sure I can think of something.)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Halcyon City Bank


I hate people. First the stupid alarm goes off and wakes me up, then I'm almost late the crime 'cause some moron ran into a hotdog cart and idiots were too busy rubberneckin' to frickin' drive! Then when I do get there, it's to see this Merlin reject and get shouted at by Miss Firecrotch, someone who came dead last in the stupid leadership vote. I mean c'mon, she came in lower than me! How does that even happen! Anyway, enough about how much of a joke our self styled "star" is, I've got to deal with these golems so that I can ask this doof where exactly he got his hands on this magic. I wonder if I can get the rest of the team to go along with a bit about how we need to 'properly contain his powers' so that I can get him alone for some private questionin' before the cops take him? 'Dear Leader' finally shows up, and tells me to do what I was already gonna do. A plus plus leadin' champ. I can't really complain though, at least he knows to plan to my strengths.

Ahh golems, babies first animation. Big and strong, but slow and stupider than hell. I run off to my left side, their right, and grab their attention with a good whistle. Leggyman here made a beginner's screw up with these guys, and I intend to take full advantage of it. They're short. Well I mean, they're still like 8 feet tall, but that's all in their torso, their legs are these stubby little things. So once I'm in position, I just shoulder my way through, one two three, letting out a short whoop when I'm through, adrenaline is fun. Hooray for bein' tougher than asphalt. And now these guys haven't got a leg to stand on! Hah! Anyway, yeah, they're still in the fight, but they've got no legs now. So I hope the rest of the team can do their part, 'cause mine ain't done just yet.

(12:21:38 AM) ShootaBoy: Punch Golems
(12:21:38 AM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(12:21:39 AM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 6+2 = 8
I'm taking their legs, i.e. their movement.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Halcyon City Bank

Ugh, did they really have to start the robbery at noon? What happened to doing it at sane times, like morning, or evening, where it's less freaking bright. Oh well. Not much to I can do about it. Flaire's barking orders, and of course they're stupid, because she's stupid. Thankfully, people were smart enough to not vote her leader, so I have a valid excuse to just ignore her. Actually, I would have ignored her even if she was the leader, but still.

Actually, that reminds me. Evil Eye mentioned that there's apparently some sort of nebulous figure tricking supervillains into being indebted to them financially, then bleeding them dry. A rather scary way of growing a power base. Easily going to backfire, too, but if someone is doing that they got to have backup plans.

This got to be happening to this guy. Why the hell would a wizard of all people rob a bank in the stupidest way, at the stupidest time of the day? He's got to be scared of the consequences if he doesn't...

Thankfully, Silver Bolt appears to actually have a brain beneath all those muscles. Sure as hell didn't expect that! Gracefully stepping forward, playfully swinging my parasol around, I turn to Flaire. "Yeah, how about I don't do that. Why would I engage the obvious distraction while his escape is standing right there, dear? Perhaps you should leave the leading to our actual leader. At least he appears to have some common sense~"

Following that, I turn to Silver Bolt, the man himself. "You got more brain cells than I expected, it seems, hunter boy. I'll be right on it~" I say before playfully blowing as kiss towards him, then quickly turning around and disappearing into the alley.

Hmm, I wonder how Pegasus' Blood tastes...



Directly engaging some flying ponies: 2d6+2 8 Choosing: impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition. Hopefully they'll run away or something.

Start of Session Reformed: 2d6+2 9 Someone calls for a favor.


quote:

Mask: The Reformed
Real name: Sunniva Grimaleal
Look: female, Transylvanian, concealing clothing, shadowy Eyes, regal costume
Abilities: Vitality Absorption being a gently caress-mothering vampire
Freak: +1
Danger: +2
Savior: -1
Superior: 0
Mundane: +1

What the hell, hero:
When you call out an injustice that a hero has perpetrated, roll +Danger. On a hit, take Influence over them. On a 7-9, choose one. On a 10+, choose two.
- You get them to admit their wrongdoing
- You win over an onlooker; take Influence over them
- You don’t turn their attention and anger onto yourself
On a miss, they dismiss you; mark a condition (their choice), shift Danger up, Savior down.

Wrong side of the tracks:
You always get to
ask an additional question when you pierce the mask of a villain, even on a miss. When you
pierce the mask of a hero (your call), add this question to the list:
- what was your darkest moment?

Friends in Low Places
You have ties to villains from your previous career. Name three. For each of them, choose a specialty.

quote:

Evil Eye


The League knows her as Evil Eye, I know her as Sara. She's got a pretty nasty illusion power. To the affected, it pretty much feels like reality warping.

But anyway, enough about her power, let me tell you about her. She's used to be my main partner in crime. Hell, we were pretty much life partners. Dracula gave me a hideout to use, and she always hung out there. I asked here if she doesn't want to go visit her parents at some point, but she only replied "I don't do that anymore".

Figure something must have happened there, but she never told me. But it's probably the cause of her attitude - because she's a bit nuts. A hot-head, and always looking for a thrill. Pretty much the opposite of me, I guess. Perhaps that's why we worked together so well.

Oh, and got one hell of an australian accent, too. Even after an entire year I couldn't understand half the words she said.

Specialty: Materials
Obligation: [x][x][][]

quote:

Lag



That'd be Lily. She joined our little villain team a month after I did. The picture pretty much describes her perfectly - a goth, always something sweet in her mouth, and somehow perpetually angry.

Usually at Sara for being too noisy, at her laptop for being too slow, at the cars being too loud, the food being too warm. I think I even heard her complain about the rain being too wet once...

Also not really worth a drat in a fight. She's just as brittle as she looks. So why did we keep her around? She was really good, crazy good, at computer crap. It's probably some sort of superpower. I mean, how the hell do you even drive a car via a laptop otherwise?

Anyway, she was pretty much the 'brains' of our team. Constantly getting info, doing mission control if we were feeling heist-y, and so on. Actually miss her yelling at Sara quite a bit. It never failed to amuse me.

Come to think of it, she never once yelled at me. Wonder why that is?

Specialty: Insider info
Obligation: [x][][][]

quote:

Luminaera


Ahahaha, yeah, that's Annabel. Also known as 'Pipsqueak', 'Ms. No Fashion Sense', 'Flashlight' and some other loving nicknames, she's pretty much been the butt of most jokes on the team.

You'd figure somebody with light based powers would be a hero, right? Well, that's kinda what she ran away from. See, there's this really famous legacy in Britain - the Lightbringers (not to be confused with this city's famous legacy of Lightbringers - apparently people have no goddamn originality nowadays) - and she's the most recent scion. But she's the weakest so far, and the least interested in the hero business to boot. At some point she just couldn't handle the pressure to be a hero anymore and ran away.

With a lot of cash, (and some weird magic crap she 'borrowed' from her family). I mean, we're pretty far away from anywhere British. But, anyway, we picked her up when she was just aimlessly wandering the streets - quite a lot like Sara did with me, actually - and she's been part of the team ever since. Despite the teasing she just loves being part of the team - likely because of the freedom she now has.

Also, remember when I said she was the weakest of the Lightbringers? Don't let that fool you. She used to be the team's heavy hitter. She's hella strong. I don't wanna know what the other end of the Lightbringer looks like.

So, yeah, now you know about my ex-team members. God, I miss them. Really wish I could keep in contact, but it's not allowed. Only place I can meet them is at the bar.

Specialty: Cosmic artifacts
Obligation: [][][][]

When you create your character, mark two obligations on one villain, and mark one obligation on another.

When you come to them for help with your problems, mark obligation on them and they’ll help out within their specialty. If all their boxes are full, then they won’t help you until you help them.
When time passes, roll +your highest obligation. On a 10+, they come crashing into your life with a crisis. On a 7-9, they call for a favor. On a miss, they don’t come knocking yet, but mark obligation with them—the debts are getting heavier.
When you help one of these villains with their problems, erase two obligations on them.


When our team first came together…
When the team formed we fought a terrible evil and they lost something precious. Who was it and what did they lose?

Relationships
I follow Barracuda’s example of what a hero ought to be.
I did something terrible to Flaire once. I hope they can forgive me one day.

Do you talk openly about your days as a villain? If so, give each team member Influence over you. If not, just give Influence to the one teammate whose example you most closely follow.

Moment of Truth
You’ve seen your greatest mistakes, and the rest of the world has, too. They’re all watching you now, judging every move you make. When everything is on the line and your back is against the wall, though, you’ll show them what you’re made of—that being a hero is a choice. An act of will.
And you’ve got what it takes to save the day. Of course, afterward, you can expect both sides, hero and villain, to deeply question where your loyalties truly lie...

Team Moves
When you share a moment of triumph with someone, ask them what gives them hope for abrighter day and give them Influence.
When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them what they would do something dark for and gain Influence over them.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 10, 2017 around 16:02

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Bunny Bat, you easily spook the pegasi by giving one of them a nasty bite. You catch a few drops of blood and lick them up. It tasters... exactly like a horse.

How disappointing.

...Unfortunately, the pegasi act just like normal horses, and bolt out into the street as one of them is hurt. You end up getting tossed into a wall of the alley quite violently.

Take a powerful blow and the Pegasai are scared.

What do you do?


Tatsu, sure the golems aren't too smart or fast, but there are three of them. While you're knocking them to the ground, one of them clocks you on the side of the head, sending you tumbling back down the road.

Take a powerful blow and the golems are angry.

They're crawling towards you right now, but it's basically movie zombie situation where you could escape with a brisk walk. On the other hand, they are ripping up the entire street as they crawl towards you...

What do you do?


Silver Bolt, well, you're still the leader, thankfully. Anyway, the only thing he's really paying attention to is the money, so that's probably in the most danger. Especially now that it's in an out of control carriage. As for ending this quickly? If you all jump the wizard at the same time, the fight probably won't last too long, but the carriage with the money will get away. That probably won't look too great, but maybe you can spin it?

What do you do?
That's fine for opening up. Everyone gets that you really appreciated Barracuda for backing you up on this.


Barracuda, well, he's after the money, and the ride carrying all the money. If you can get the money in the city hall, he'll have to chase you.

And... now the ride is out of control and barreling down the street right towards you. Convenient, that.

What do you do?
When you take control of an out of control vehicle, roll +Savior:
On a hit, pick two. On 10+, pick 3.
-It goes where you want.
-There's no collateral damage.
-You don't take a powerful blow.
-The vehicle stays in one piece.



Flaire, talk about no respect! Everyone's clearly rallied around Silver Bolt. At least he was gracious in victory and didn't rub your nose in it. Bunny Bat, though... That was kind of menacing, right? Makes you think about how she made you feel powerless and basically left you for dead, right?

But, as to the matter at hand, heroing 101 says that saving hostages always looks good, and even better, it floods the news with all sorts of reports about how wonderful you are, as every news agency goes to the only eyewitnesses around. Namely, the people you saved. It doesn't even look like The Legerdeman really wanted to keep them around! They just were too scared to move. If you tell them to make a break for it and show that you'll protect them while they do, they'll run up the street to safety.

Which... considering that The Legerdeman won't keep his eyes off you, won't be too hard. He's still talking, "You! I know of you, Flaire, The Eternal Phoenix Reborn! Your magic is almost as great as my own! Become my partner, and we could be unstoppable. Indeed..." He keeps going on and on, but... you get the idea. At least while he's talking, he isn't casting any more spells to take control of the situation. Such as the situation where all the money in his carriage is currently running away. He must be a really big fan to not notice that.
What do you do?
It looks like Bunny Bat told you who you were, and I'd say she shifted your superior down and mundane up. Either accept it, or reject influence.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I'll add a team for Silver Bolt opening up

I can't help but grin as Silver Bolt thanks me and winks, I wasn't trying to do anything really obvious, but it's clear he appreciated it! I'm feeling a little bit glad for my mask covering my face. "Got it Captain!" I leap up and away from him after he's given his orders, flipping over to land on the fountain next to Flaire, absorbing the flames I pass through, until I'm covered in gently licking tongues of flame as I stand next to her. "Alright Flaire, how do you want to- WHOAH!" Interrupted mid question by the pegasi, I have to leap up against to avoid getting trampled and then run over by the carriage. "Never mind!" Midair, I fire my grappling hook out of my gun and pull myself down to the driver's seat on the carriage, grabbing the reins and pulling hard, and to the left.

<godfish> take control of an out of control vehicle
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 12 = 12
<godfish> :O
It goes where I want
No powerful blow
The vehicle stays in one piece


"Keep him busy while I stop this, I'll be back soon!" With a pair of peguasi, wild from getting bitten, I expected this to be a lot harder to steer. But amazingly, I get control almost at once, able to guide the carriage straight through the walls of the city hall, all while managing to make it look like I was struggling to guide them. We smash through several walls before I bring them to a halt. That part actually was tricky, they seemed amenable to steering, but far less to stopping running away from Bunny Bat. Either way, I've got the carriage and the money safely smashed deep into City Hall, and now the Legerdeman will have to head inside.

Leaping off the seat, I hurry over to the nearest desk and grab up the phone, It only takes a second to find the intercom button, and I broadcast a hurried message. "The City Hall is likely to be attacked by the Legerdeman, please evacuate immediately for your own safety!" That should get civilians out of the way as well!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry Hopeless | Location: Halcyon City Bank


I may be tougher than asphalt, but that doesn't mean gettin' hit by 100 odd pounds of it in the shape of a giant fist doesn't smart. My little plan was workin' great, until I screwed up. Now I'm mad, mostly at myself. How am I supposed to show Firecrotch up if I can't handle somethin' this simple? Stupid golems. Stupid wizard. Stupid Tatsu.

(8:58:55 PM) ShootaBoy: Take a Powerful Blow
(8:58:55 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6
(8:58:56 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 7 = 7
Struggling past the pain and marking Angry and Hopeless.


Right. Screw this. Screw these golems, and screw Leggyman. This zombie is done playin' around. It's time to finish these things off so I can help someone that can't lift a golem made out of the road over their head by its arm and use it to beat the crap out of two others. Like I'm about to. Super strength is fun. And useful. But mostly fun.

(9:36:56 PM) ShootaBoy: Hit a Golem With Another Fuckin' Golem
(9:36:56 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(9:36:57 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 5+2 = 7
I think using one of his creations as an improvised weapon counts as impressing, surprising, or frightening the opposition.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Halcyon City Bank

Pretty sure most of my team is just envious of me. I can't blame them, but still - kinda stings that everyone pretends I have no idea what I'm talking about as they wait around for Silver Bolt to issue orders, orders that end up not actually being all that different from what I said in the first place. Only Silver Bolt didn't slight me, though hopefully my fans didn't notice, and even still... kinda rude he didn't back me up, don't you think? Still, they're impairing our efficiency - gonna have to talk to them about this later I think. It's either that or put up with them putting me down, which is frankly unacceptable. I have as much right to be here as anyone else, if not more so. One of my teammates tried to loving kill me not long ago, and have I made a fuss about it? Nope! Because I'm professional at this hero stuff.

Speaking of her, Bunny Bat tried her best to be a bitch to me. For the cameras too; even if she doesn't show up in them, her voice might? I'm not sure - the only footage I have of her is when she was hospitalizing me for a couple weeks after her stupid friend beat me. She didn't, let me make that clear. Her friend did all the work, she just swooped in after and beat me up... I was trying to fight back without magic too, which I never do and was especially brave. Didn't stop her from trying to kill me though.

"Sorry Bunny Smacked," I grin towards where she's being smacked around by the Pegasi, desperately hoping everyone knows what I'm punning about instead of thinking it's a drug reference. My voice is just dripping with hotblooded passion, tinged with some righteous derision since I want my fans to know she's my worst teammate by far. "By the way, look out for those pegasi~" I hope they beat the poo poo out of her, but I can't really say that now can I?

<Rauri> Reject Bunny Fat's Influence
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7 = 7
<Rauri> yusss
Shifting labels, Danger Up Mundane Down.


I've got bigger fish to fry than her anyways, if you'll pardon the fire humor. Look's like Legerdeman's a fan of mine... figures. Sigh and double sigh. Guess I can work it to my advantage, but really, if a villain has to be a Flaire aficionado, why can't it be a cool one? Whatever, I know how to both work this to my advantage AND do the right thing - and it's going to look so slick, just watch me!

Barracuade stole some of my flames, but my soul and passion are limitless - I just produce more, the phoenix shape I'm going for with my fire burning brighter and larger than ever. I haven't actually done anything with it yet, since Legerdeman's content to marvel at my display and the hostages aren't to safety yet. Speaking of them, while he's distracted, I motion to them. Waving one arm away from here, my message is clear: Get out of here! The sparkling smile I give them is even more reassuring I'm sure, they have to be positively invigorated with bravery by now!

As they run, I fix my gaze on him, lowering the wings of my flames while making sure he's fixated on me still. He's a fan, I know how to talk to fans - just not used to them being supervillains is all. "Listen, if you know I'm the Phoenix, you KNOW I can't partner up with villains. I'm a Hero of Justice!" I strike a dramatic pose, flames flaring brightly as I do. Want to make sure he - and any and all cameras - are still on me, since there might be hostages still be escaping after all!

"Tell you what - if me and my team win, you surrender and become a hero after you've served any and all earned jail time... but if you somehow beat me and the rest of my team, I'll partner up with you - sound good?" Let's be honest, there's a one hundred percent chance he's imagining me as his waifu right now, and not thinking about this being a five on one. Plus my fans are probably thinking the same sort of thing, and that's good too!

<Rauri> Provoke Legerdeman
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8 + 3 = 11
<ShootaBoy> another
<godfish> UH
<Capfalcon> jesus, you people
Looks like he's going to treat Flaire's wager~

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2016 around 05:48

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions: ---

"Next time, try cutting the horses loose before scaring the crap out of them!" I yelled in Bunny's direction, slapping one fist to my forehead. I hoped she hadn't messed up on purpose. I mean, that seemed so obvious to me, but I knew she wasn't used to the hero thing so maybe she hadn't thought of it? And we'd gotten off to such a good start, with all the tolerating each other. She'd even blown me a kiss, which was um... scary nice, I think. Mom's lectures on the seductive wiles of the undead notwithstanding.

Oh well, no time to worry about that now. 'Cuda got hold of the carriage and I figured she could handle it, and Tatsu was busy playing rough with the Golems, so I booked it towards the wizard's duel to see how that was going.

Flaire was distracting Ledgerdeman really well and the hostages were sneaking off without him noticing. I would have told her great job but that would have kind of defeated the purpose of the distraction so I decided I'd save it for the post-mission meeting. I waited until the hostages were all clear, then sneaked behind one of the columns and found the pair of bolts I was going to use. I was really glad I'd grabbed like one-of-everything this morning, since I didn't know what we'd be dealing with.

I let them talk, Flaire doing the full Phoenix thing (which was hard not to watch, even though I needed to keep my eyes on the enemy,) and betting him who would join who's team. I waited, not wanting to interrupt. This was great stuff, and we needed people paying attention to it instead of the big mess with the carriage that 'Cuda was hopefully taking care of.

As soon as Legerdeman answered Flaire, I ducked out from behind the pillar. "Just remember, if you lose you can't get too SALTY about it!" I shouted, shooting both bolts from my hand-crossbow.

The first shot hit him right in the chest and exploded in a *POOF* of white powder. See, another thing about wizards, they don't just wear those dorky robes for show. All those symbols and weird things sewn into the cloth are magical and usually defensive. But pure salt is really good for disrupting rune magic, it's like dumping water on a keyboard, it just shorts it out completely. It's temporary, but the salt was mainly to give Flaire her chance.

TWANG- went the string, and my second bolt took the pointy cap right off his head, pinning it to the pillar behind him. Just like I thought, he was SUPER bald underneath it. Oh man he was gonna be furious!

"Get him Flaire!"

---
Directly Engaging The Ledgerdeman!
[14:51] <godfish> <mista> OK HERE GOES
[14:52] <godfish> <mista> !r 2d6-1
[14:52] <godfish> <Krysmbot> mista, 9-1 = 8
Creating an Opportunity for Flaire, his magical defenses are down! Roast him!

mistaya fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2016 around 03:59

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Halcyon City Bank

Bunny Bat slams into the wall, face first, and falls onto the ground. Quickly getting up again, she dusts herself off, before giving Flaire one hell of a death glare.

"Sorry to disappoint you, I'm fine." she snarks at Flaire as she gets out of the alleyway.

"But really, do you have nothing better to do with your time than wish your own teammates harm? Certainly shows how inept at being a hero, you attention-whoring dimwit. Perhaps you should go shove your cleave in front of a camera, that seems to be far more your forte!" she berates Flaire with very clear venom in her tongue.

"And if you don't mind, can you please stop setting every goddamn thing on fire?! You know I can't see when it's this loving bright! But I guess you never considered that, given how busy you are with hogging the spotlight..."


Take a Powerful Blow: 2d6 7 you lash out verbally: provoke a teammate to foolhardy action or take advantage of your Influence to inflict a condition (Angry if I get to choose) Also, marking Angry myself.

Provoke Leger (by insulting Flaire next to him): 2d6+0 5 Welp, exp.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2016 around 15:47

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Tatsu, you end up brawling with them before they do too much damage, and they crumple underneath your onslaught. Unfortunately, they crumple right on top of you!
Take A Powerful Blow
Still, that was the last of the golems, and you catch the Legerdeman taking a few steps away from you. He's convinced that you're going to be after him next! He starts to rise into the air, but he's moving slowly... On the other hand, there's a whole lot of panicked people rushing out of city hall now! Barracuda's entrance must have scared them out, and now someone's gotta take care of them.
What do you do?

Flarie, you glance behind you, and it looks like the civilians have gotten away. Man, go you! And then Bunny Bat drops in and just launches into a tirade! You're up here being a legit hero, and she's got the nerve to tear into you right now? And in public?!
Mark angry

Even Legerdeman seems to think it was out of line! He snarls, "You shouldn't talk that way to your betters, child!"

Before he can get another word out though, Tatsu's impressive display and Silver Bolt's salt arrow make him start panicking. He raises his staff, saying, "Let's... let's see how well you do when I take the high ground!" He starts to slowly rise into the air and chant a spell. His staff weakly sparks, and he starts rapidly chanting to try and charge up enough to lash out at everyone (i.e. Silver Bolt and you) nearby. Also, some of that new crowd from City Hall might get hurt if he gets it off!
What do you do?
Also, just wondering, what turns off your powers for a little?

Barracuda, well, if the wall bursting in didn't give everyone a heads up to get out, your announcement does! Everyone in the building pours into the street.

...Which... uh... that's some more crowd to control, but you do have the building to your self at the moment!

Probably!

What do you do?

Bunny Bat, ...Did the villian just brush you off? And say that FLAIRE was more important?!

Ok, no. This is not going to stand.
Mark Angry
What do you do?

Silver Bolt, well, the fight's going well, but between the rush of people potentially running into the fray and Bunny Bat and Flaire sniping at each other, you're not out of the woods yet.
Were you expecting to actually have to play peacekeeper between teammates?
What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I can barely make out the sounds of fighting continuing from outside over the much closer and louder sounds of everyone rushing to evacuate the building. The fact that the Legerdeman doesn't seem to be following his money in here is pretty irritating, since it'd have been the perfect cover, but I've still got this chance to take a look, and take I shall. Still repeating the evacuation message over the intercom, I rest my other hand on the power cable lightly, and start to pull in the energy. The sound gets fuzzy and then cuts out as the lights flicker and shut down. There, that'll shut down any cameras that might see me... A quick slash of the blade attached to my gun unties the pegasi from the carriage to make sure it doesn't go any further, and then I head for the door to head further into the City Hall.

I've been to the City Hall more times than I can count, once on a field trip and the rest with Casey to visit his dad various times, so I know my way around it like a third home. ...Fourth home. Anyway, the point is I hurry down the halls, opening all the doors I pass to make sure no one is inside, yelling at the one person I've passed so far to get out, it's dangerous! And barely a minute later, I'm kicking open the door to the mayor's office. He's not here, good. I shoot a glance at the computer, but its down like the rest of the power, and I wouldn't have a password anyway. Plus he probably wouldn't be stupid enough to leave anything incriminating on his work computer. Instead, I go riffling through the file cabinet using the faint electrical glow from the power I sucked up, looking for anything on the few companies I know have criminal ties or operations. It'll give me a lead to work from.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry Hopeless | Location: Halcyon City Bank


I bust up the first two pretty easily, of course then my club decides he needs to stop bein' one piece too. So then I got a chunk of road fallin' on top of me, which is great. I go down into this big pile of rubble, and I go down. Now I wanna set somethin' straight about super strength. Ya know that scene in movies or whatever where the guy gets dogpiled by a buncha baddies and then he dramatically throws them all off? Yeah that only works 'cause people can move on their own. Ya also need something to push against. And that's kinda hard to do when you're covered in rocks. Plus I think my arms might be broken. They'll be fine in a bit, they take care of themselves, it's just inconvenient to the whole 'gettin' free' thing is all.

I wiggle around a bit 'til my lungs have enough room to let me yell. " 'M'fine! Just a bit caught up!" This is such bullcrap.

(5:04:49 PM) ShootaBoy: Take a Powerful Blow
(5:04:49 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(5:04:50 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8+2 = 10
Removing myself from the situation via getting down to earth.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at Jul 27, 2016 around 01:29

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Halcyon City Bank

Just as I'm grinning about the civilians getting away, ready to turn my full attention on a now-defenseless Legerdeman, Bunny Bat just absolutely lets me have it for like no reason at all! Uhhh, harsh? Lotta obvious envy in it, of course - can't blame her for that - but its so obvious she doesn't really get this hero stuff. We don't get along (because she tried to murder me), so we snark at each other during battle, because that's how things work! Keeps the animosity fun and not detrimental to the team, like say, stopping in the middle of the fight to try and ridicule your teammate instead of subduing the villain...

I'm a little outraged to be honest, and it looks like I'm not the only one. While getting white knighted by an aggressively bald Legerdeman doesn't exactly feel great, at least it's SOMETHING. Really hoping the rest of my team cares, because as far as snark goes Bloody Bat just crossed a couple lines there. Looking around, Barracuda's taken the vehicle elsewhere, Silver Bolt's still in position and its hard to read his face, Tatsu is... oh, OK, at least that guy can't die. Yikes though, downed by the golems? Going to have to do some PR work for him after the fight I think. So yeah, doesn't look like there's anyone to call Bunny Bat out unless Silver Bolt does - and he'd better. I'd do the same thing if I was team captain, which I totally should be...

While I've been distracted, both by Bunny Bat's cruelty and surveying the battlefield for someone to back me up, it looks like our antagonist's decided to get up to something. Levitating in the air, taking me up on my bet - looks good so far. His defenses are down too, so I just gotta nail him with a fireball and this should all be settled in one spectacular demonstration of my firepower. Poor guy, magic from this dimension being weak to salt is kinda bullshit - good thing the artifact I used came from a different one. It's actually pretty neat, if you want a basic formulate of my magic it's Concentration + Confidence = Conflagrations. I envision what I want, and then believe (know) that it happens, so it does. It's why I can picture myself being immune to my flames too, and why I can use 'em in ways that regular fires don't behave.

Like right now for example. Overtly snubbing Bunny Bat and not responding to her at all, I nonetheless draw in all the flames I've roaring around me, the phoenix shape collapsing into a contained sphere of incredible power and luminosity - looks kinda like the sun. My fans expect cool attacks after all, and I've got a pretty awesome name in mind for this one. Pouring some of the aggression I'm feeling into it, I raise both hands towards Legerdeman, looking super smug.

Gotta announce this loud enough for everyone to hear it. "Grand Flaire Gun!" Releasing the supercharged firey orb, it streaks right at him, ready to explode in a brilliant and relatively safe fireball when it reaches its destination, aka our antagonist. This is gonna be awesome!

Got a 4 on Directly Engage, marking potential.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jul 27, 2016 around 02:05

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Flaire, The Ledgerdeman may not have any passive defenses, but he is expecting an attack from you. As you launch your fireball towards him, he squares up in midair and uses his staff like a baseball bat, swinging for the metaphorical fences. It connects with a loud crackle and sends the fireball towards the sky, where it safely detonates. For what its worth, it was a very impressive blast, and for a brief moment, it almost looks like a second sun in the sky. So, at least you can take comfort in the idea that you're pissing off Bunny Bat even more.

But... while you're distracted by the blinding light, The Ledgerdeman comes up with a new idea. Instead of unleashing the charged up energy onto you and Silver Bolt, he instead blasts Tatsu and all the civilians that way. Thankfully no one seems to be hurt. But, then the loose money from the carriage crash starts papering itself to all of them, as if it were a case of static cling gone crazy! After a few moments, they're all covered with the money, and with one more blast of energy, they start marching towards Silver Bolt, Bunny Bat, and you with their arms outstretched!

The Ledgerdeman cackles, saying, "Yes, my minions! Strike them down!"

What do you do?

Bunny Bat and Silver Bolt ...Welp, that happened.
What do you do?

Tatsu, well, unfortunately, you're now a money mummy. You currently can't really fight back in the cocoon of paper money, but you can at least steer yourself towards one of your teammates. Which one do you go after? Why?

Barracuda, you hear the battle really kicking into high gear outside, with the high point emphasized by a huge, fiery explosion in the sky. But, you focus on the task at hand, and you find some very technical memos talking about new projects that Lazarus Corp is working on, and a few invitations to fundraising dinners that Lazarus Corp is throwing for the mayor. It's nothing concrete, but there's gotta something weird there! After all, you don't throw a $20,000 a plate fund-raiser for a mayor unless you REALLY need something from them. It's a lead!

Oh, and apparently, you and your family is on the guest list. Of course you are.
By the way, before I forget. What do your parents do again? Which job do they expect you to take once you're done with college (and any extra schooling you need for the job they want you to take?)
What do you do?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry Hopeless | Location: Halcyon City Bank


Well at least now I don't have to dig myself out. That's a plus, I guess. Of course I'm also now another friggin' classic movie monster. One of these days someone is gonna reveal that the creature of the Black Lagoon lives here too. Is the Thing gonna jump me in an alley later? Ugh. Super's are crazy man. Like Flaire. Why would you ever think a giant ball of fire would be a good thing to throw at a guy surrounded by people? I mean come on, use your brain! Stupid idiot.

Anyway, I do my best to steer my newly mummied self towards BB, I'm not callin' her Bunny Bat, that's stupid, 'cause I trust her to get me out of this getup as soon as possible. I'm definitely not picturing some kinda dramatic thing where she saves me and is all worried about me and junk. No siree. Man, the news is gonna have a field day with this fight, I can already tell. Great work everyone, we looked like doofs on our first day out! I shoulda just thrown the stupid golem at him, this'd all be over by now. Stupid humans bein' all fragile and crap.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

Right.... This sort of feels like a complete waste of time since I'm apparently invited (and almost definitely will have to go because my parents want me to either follow in Dad's footsteps (he's on the board of directors for several important businesses based in Halcyon City) or Mom's (she's a house wife and day trades stocks) so I'm either marrying Casey right out of high school or going off to college for business and financial education. Anyway, judging from what's going on outside my team really needs me, so I don't have time to look for anything more damning.

Managing to free my cellphone from my suit, I snap quick photos of the memos, stuff them back into the filing cabinet and run back outside to rejoin the fight. Whoa! There's a giant fireball blazing in the air like a second sun, and a horde of money coated people advancing on the others like classic Romero zombies. Speaking of zombies.... One of the ones angling hard towards Bunny Bat isn't completely covered, and from what I can see it's wearing the same clothes as our resident team zombie. "Hey Tatsu!" I call out to him as I leap through the air to land hard on his back. I reach out and grab his money coated shoulders and start to feed on the energy. Magic is just another type of energy, and right now he's being controlled by the magical energy coming from the Legerdeman! So if I suck that up, no more money golems.

<godfist> too bad gonna (fail) to defend Tatsu anyway
<godfist> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfist, 2 = 2
<godfist> who called that?
<godfist> I called that

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 2/5 / Conditions: ---

Even I wasn't dumb enough to get between the vampire and the sorceress when they started a catfight with each other, right in the middle of a battle. Note: the middle of a battle which we were suddenly not at all in control of, because Flaire completely screwed up her big shiny ~FLAIRE GUN~ attack. If she put half as much effort into aiming her spells as coming up with flashy names for them we might not suddenly be surrounded by money-mummies!

Oh and Ledger had control of Tatsu. Well, that sucked.

Oh and Tatsu got Barracuda, who just reappeared from who-knows-where and was probably responsible for the big honking crowd of people that Ledgerdeman just mind-controlled. That also sucked.

I really wanted to shake all of them.

Alright, Matthew: THINK. How do you get rid of a mass mind control spell without hurting anyone... My eyes flicked over the scene. Defusing a big magic spell like that would take a whole salt factory's worth of salt, I didn't have it. What else could do the job... Had to be something...

The flashing lights on top of the fire truck, helping the police block off the scene, reminded me of something obvious. Running water could short out magic too! But it had to be from a ground source, not like a hose. Like... like... a fire hydrant!

I ran for the Argent-Cycle, which was equipped with a heavy duty (if not very long) winch and cable in the back. I looped the cable over the nearest fire hydrant cap and gunned it, and it wasn't easy, but I popped that cap and a torrent of water spilled out onto the street, heading straight for those money mummies...

Er... the water pressure on that hydrant was a little bit... stronger... than I'd expected.

Oops.

----
Unleashing my Powers of gadgetry to reshape the environment.
[23:06] <mistaya> !r 2d6
[23:06] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 5 = 5
Release the floodwaters! Marking potential!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Halcyon City Bank

Dammit - that would've looked awesome if he'd just let me hit him with it!

Soooo yeah, human hostages controlled by money. I know there's totally some Illuminati joke I could be making here, but I'm kinda in the thick of things here and can't really come up with a good one off the top of my head. Sigh. This really isn't going all that well, and I'm partially to blame. Of course it's not like my teammates are doing all that well either... god, really wish Legerdeman didn't look like such a dork. Going to have to work crazy hard after this fight to upsell him to the press, both to make us seem more impressive for having defeated him and explain away our stumbles. Provided we do actually beat him, which we're totally not on pace to actually do.

I don't want to fight his weird money hostages. There's a good risk I accidentally hurt them, and then all of a sudden there goes my all my hard earned goodwill. Better to let my teammates fight them - I've got something way flashier in mind anyways. Throwing my arms back and once again producing my wings of fire, I crouch down and then take off into the sky, the blazing magic about me allowing me to fly for an unpredictably yet short while - whatever, it'll be long enough. Time to show off!

<Rauri> Unleash Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6 + 1 = 7
It's temporary or unstable, but I've got flight.


So easy to remember my purpose when I'm up here, when the people under me look like ants and its just me and my target. I'm soaring through the skies towards the Legerdeman, a burning comet across the city sky. Bet I look like a total badass; I feel like one anyways. Little pissed off too to tell the truth, but that's OK, I've got a pretty immediate outlet for my aggression. Time for some banter while I gather and shape the energy I need for my spell. "You thought you had the high ground? Oh please! Did you forget who you're dealing with here?" I am higher than him now, which is good - I'm trying to put the sun to my back. It's pretty clear he's no slouch at defending against magical attacks, I'll need every advantage I can get. Turns out if you study and nerd out about heroes all your life you pick some tip and tricks up from the interviews and articles and footage you watch...

"Guess it's time for me to stop playing around!" I taunt, projecting an aura of mostly convincing superiority while secretly hoping like hell I'm not about to have to eat my words. I raise a hand towards the heavens suddenly, and if he's watching me at all it should buy me the second I need - because my other hand's moved to point directly at him while he was paying attention to the other one. "Crimson Lancer!" Lets see how he likes getting hit by a wave of pure fire!

<Rauri> Directly Engage again, no chance this fails
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6 = 6
<Rauri> k at least we have team
Spending team selfishly - lowering Savior, Raising Danger. Think we have two left. Raises it to 7, and choosing to intimidate him.


Probably should be helping my team... but I'm sure they've got stuff handled, they were doing such a good job earlier. Plus I have my career to think of! And does it really hurt me all that much if Bunny Bat gets punched around more while she thinks of more ways to insult me, 'cuz I can't really think of a reason why it would.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jul 27, 2016 around 07:20

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Halcyon City Bank


Bunny Bat's voice starts to devolve into a growl, irritated at Flaire even more - her newest attempt to blind Bunny did not help either. Sure as hell didn't look like it was intended for Leger, considering how far off it was!

"Okay, I am loving done with this. As if a loving rear end in a top hat like you had a valid opinion... some lines are not to be crossed... and you. Just. Did."

Without looking back, she yells out to Tatsu. "Come on, let's loving get this over with! Fastball Special!"

...
...
...

Any time now, Tatsu...

Any -- oh, loving finally! Impatiently, Bunny throws her umbrella upwards, then grabs Tatsu's outstretched arm and throws him at the airborne wizard. Without further ado, she changes into a bat swarm, flying to the sides and flanking the wizard mid-air. After Tatsu hit him dead on (without doing anything, uhh, is everything alright there, Tatsu? You got, you know, hands. To punch him with... ah, never mind...), Bunny jerks his vision around... and their eyes meet.

And that's just enough for a hypnosis. Not going to be able to give any magical suggestions, sadly - however, it takes considerable mental effort to resist hypnosis. That, and trying to keep a spell up? Nearly impossible. And that was the real goal.

Hypnosis delivered, it's time for the fun part. Namely a fist to the forehead and an express ticket to the pavement.

Bunny quickly swaps back to bat form, and lands before Leger does - grabbing her umbrella and looking smug as the villain hits the ground.



Directly engage a flying bald guy: 2d6+2 11 "take something from them (their ability to control the money mummies) and "resist or avoid their blows"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jul 27, 2016 around 19:26

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Flaire, covering his face to protect from the fire, you see him think for a moment that he might just be outmatched. That shaken confidence makes him lose his spell, and he starts floating back down below you.

...What goes up, must come down, of course, and your landing is a bit rougher than you'd expect. Especially as the Ledgerdeman sends a gust of wind that blows out the cushion of fire you were planning to land on.
You made him insecure, but take a powerful blow. Also, you're getting drenched by the water, so if you use fire nearby, you'll take a -1 on any roll that uses your powers.

Bunny Bat, The Ledgerdeman, of course, is only floating down just in time to get clobbered by you and Tatsu from behind. As he hits the ground, he's still shaken from your mental assault, but after he gives up maintaining control of the spell, he pulls himself together and glares daggers at you. He roars, "You dare try that trick with me? You have a lot of gall, you monster." He spits out the last word, and it really has some venom behind it.

Looking at the chaos around him, he realizes he's losing control of the situation. As he catches sight of the pegasi flying away, he grips his staff and proclaims, "You don't understand. None of you do! I... I HAVE to have that money!" He's getting desperate and starts channeling a dramatically unsafe amount of energy for a spell. The ground is beginning to shake, debris are levitating, the whole nine yards. Whatever he's doing, it could really hurt someone, even if he's interrupted and loses control of the spell.

...Especially if he loses control of the spell!

You made him angry. He's only got one more condition, so whoever deals with it will basically knock the last fight out of him.

Also, whenever you get around to it, Bunny Bat, you've got a message from one of your friends. You know. Your other friends? By the way, how do they usually get in touch with you?

Silver Bolt, Between Bunny Bat's attempted hypnosis and the rush of water, the paper money loses its magic, freeing the civilians to try and make for safety.

...Unfortunately, you're also partially hosing down Flaire, and that can't be good for her powers.

Now, he's charging up for something big. What do you do?

Barracuda, Bunny Bat snatches Tatsu away before you get to do much of anything, and that just leaves you to try and hustle civilians out of danger's way. But, that's when you find out that Casey is here. Of course he's here. I mean, he probably didn't leave for your recital because he got stuck here by the commotion. He's looks pretty dazed, and there's a bit of blood dripping down from his scalp. There's two very attractive girls about your age trying to help him to safety. They're both asking you to help them get to safety, since Casey only got hurt because he was trying to help them get the mind control money off of them!

What do you do?

Also, as far as the papers go, one: you now know this isn't just another stupid party you have to go to. And two, you collected enough evidence that you might be able to convince someone sympathetic to your story to look further into the mayor.

Tatsu, No respect. First you get turned into a mook for the bad guy, then Bunny Bat uses you as a projectile. You're flat on your back now that the money that was holding you up is flaking away, but that just means you can't get up for a while.

...Well... maybe if you push yourself, you could make due.

If you succeed on a 10+ to unleash your superhuman toughness, you'll be back in the fight. If you get a 7+, you'll take another condition, but you'll be able to act.
Or you can avoid pushing yourself and not risk it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I glance up at the fight for a second, grimacing. I can't believe I've spent this entire fight digging through the mayors files and helping civilians get to safety! Where's the thrill in that?! I really want to just sprint over to The Legerdeman and get the final blow on him at least, and I'm about to do just that when I spot Casey. Why did you have to be here?! And with two pretty girls too, uuuuuuugh.

It's not like I want to be dating him. Heck, if he starts seeing some other girl, or girls even, it might make it easier for me to get out of it. And I want to fight this wizard. So I should just go and join the fight at the end at least. I should do that. Rationally, that's what I should be doing. But even if I don't want to be dating him, I'm still annoyed! And I'm even more annoyed that instead of doing what I want to do I scoop Casey up, tossing him over my shoulder in a fireman's carry -oh drat he's going to be staring at my butt like that!- and leap away. I just need to get him around the block, then I can set him down and head back. They might not be done by then...

"Who's a little hero then?" I say, barely managing to keep my irritation out of my voice as I hurry away with him. "Risking yourself for a couple of cute girls. One of them your girlfriend?" I'm talking inanely, trying to ask questions someone who knows him wouldn't ask, because I have no idea what I'd normally say to someone I didn't know I was rescuing. Around the block I set him down and rip off a strip of his soaked shirt to wrap around the cut on his forehead. "That'll have to do until you can get proper attention." I turn on my heel to head back to the fight.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry Hopeless | Location: Halcyon City Bank


Today blows. Rudely woken up, dealt with idiot drivers, got yelled at by Firecrotch, bashed by a golem, buried under dead golems, blasted by a tiny sun, turned into a friggin' mummy, and thrown into this rear end in a top hat by BB. None of that really hurt too much but come on. That's like a targeted dump of poo poo luck, like a karmic friggin' bird the size of a plane took aim and let me have it. And things were lookin' so good when BB grabbed my hand.

Ah screw it. I could break outta what's left of this money, but what would I do? Run up and punch the guy? Why bother when the rest of the team already has him on his last legs? If anyone give me poo poo for lyin' here I'll just remind them who took out the big guys all on his lonesome. And who got busted up in the process. Yeah, a bit of a rest sounds good right now. Let my body fix itself up some, instead of tryin' to punch with a broken arm like an idiot. We really need to work on our teamwork if this team is gonna be worth half a poo poo.

Just gonna chill, since I don't trust the dice right now.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Halcyon City Bank

<Rauri> Take a Powerful Blow
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7 + 1 = 8
Choosing you give ground; your opposition gets an opportunity.


So on the one hand I totally landed that attack - hooray me! Definitely looked cool, and it was up high enough that there's no way whatsoever a bunch of cameras didn't record it. But on the other, yeah uh, crash landings aren't so great. Stupid Legerdeman is apparently pretty quick with those prestidigitations of his, which leaves me without the air-buffer I'd intended to use to break my fall. Luckily there's some water (a lot of water actually) here to break my fall, but it's not that big of a help... I've definitely got the wind knocked out of me, and lay on the ground for a second struggling to breathe. The only real consolation to this is that since I'm lower to the ground - about as far as its possible to be when you get right down to it - there's also sure to be fewer cameras on me. Still though, ouch!

After about ten seconds I'm recovered enough to slowly sit up, by which point I'm realizing I have two problems. One, I'm totally soaked and there's water everywhere - which weakens my magic. Hard to create flames when the whole place is drenched, and hard to concentrate and channel energy when I'm literally covered in its symbolic opposite. Two, I'm totally soaked and yeah my outfit was not designed for this and there are people nearby! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing wrong with showing off (obviously), but looking drenched and cold and nipply is NOT exactly how I like doing that. Already had my top unbuttoned probably one too many, this look is pushing my image a little too far in a direction I'm not comfortable with (but some of my fans, based on the comments and drawings, totally are - yikes).

Legerdeman's technically doing some big magical attack or whatever, but my team can deal with that. I've got a way bigger problem to deal with - an honest to god wardrobe malfunction! Standing up and running away from the stupid exploded hydrant while turning my back to the crowd of hostages turned golems turned hostages - after adjusting my uniform skirt to make sure its appropriate of course - I call to them over my shoulder "Be right back with you folks! Everything's under control!"

With that taken care of I start chanting slowly, moving my arms in a complicated fashion. Normally I could hurry this spell, but still sorta in a lot of pain here from that landing and all this water isn't exactly simplifying things for me either, so I have to be careful about it. Takes about ten seconds, but when I finish I apply a spell I invented to myself for exactly this situation. It's basically a supercharged magical blowdryer centered on myself, which means at least my clothes and myself are dry again and there's no danger of an embarrassing photo getting taken or footage recorded anymore. Downsides are now my hair's insanely curly and frizzy until I can get back to the base, and oh yeah there was a fight going on, wonder what I missed?

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2016 around 05:39

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 3/5 / Conditions: ---

I really wasn't expecting things to go this badly after they went so well at the museum. Tatsu was down, probably out. 'Cuda just ran off again, but this time it was at least to help the wet, money-covered civillians. Flaire decided to go fix her wet-T-Shirt issues instead of finishing things... (That might be my fault but come on, wardrobe malfunctions come after saving the day, drat it!)

So that left me and Bunny to take out Ledgerdeman. We were on opposite sides. He was getting desperate, enough to use that all-or-nothing magical blast I'd been really hoping to avoid dealing with.

I could do what I did for Flaire, and line him up for Bunny, trust my teammate to take him down. But look how well that turned out last time! And this time it was BUNNY, the VAMPIRE, and I just couldn't do it. I flipped open the plastic case on my leg-bandolier and grabbed one of the elephant tranquilizer darts. I'd had Mom double-check all my dosages, because I didn't want to kill someone on accident, but it should knock out anything human (or even human-ISH) for at least a few minutes. I hadn't wanted to use these until I absolutely needed to, because they're expensive (and illegal) and I didn't want future villains to know I had them. But looks like I didn't have a choice.

"Next time you need money in a hurry, try taking out a LOAN," I said. It wasn't a very good line but I was tired, and wet from the hydrant, and I just wanted this to be over already. I raised my arm and fired the tranquilizer.

-----

[23:44] <mistaya> well I'm probably going to regret this but directly engaging Ledger
[23:44] <mistaya> !r 2d6-1
[23:44] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 5-1 = 4
[23:44] <mistaya> Yep.
Marking potential.

mistaya fucked around with this message at Jul 31, 2016 around 23:01

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Halcyon City Bank


So, let's recap: Tatsu's down, Barracuda's off chasing civs, Silver missed his shot... and FLAIRE IS FIXING HER GODDAMN CLOTHES!? Oh, for crying out loud! Does a vampire have to do EVERYTHING around here...

Fine...

With a practiced swing, I throw my Umbrella at Leger - perfectly timed so it opens on him, blinding his view as I dash to his face. Let's just do it again then! He's clearly at his limit. It's a bit of a gamble, yes, but it should work. Our eyes meet again, and this time he recoils upon realizing the fact. Good. But it's already too late.

"Stop. That. Spell." I command him - and he obeys, for a short time. Watching him shut down his last resort, I grin. "Well done. Now if you don't mind..."

I smack him in the head with my umbrella. Waiting for the satisfying thud, I continue. "Stay down already."

Returning to my apparently worryingly incompetent team, I gloat to Silver Bolt and Flaire. "You know, if I didn't know better I'd think you two were trying to kill me, between setting everything on fire and then drowning it in water. Nice to see you got your priorities in order, Flaire, by the way. Great tactical thinking, I'd vote you for leader every time~". The later half dripping in sarcasm so heavily one would worry about tripping on it.

Continuing past them, I yawn. "Ah, I'm tired... I think am going to take a nap. I'll take Tatsu back to the base with me. Or do you have any objections, hunter boy?~"

Without waiting for his answer, I heave Tatsu over my shoulders, before waiting for his reply.


Directly engage a ground-bound bald guy: 2d6+2 8 "Take something away from them (the will to continue to the spell)

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Bunny Bat, after you force the Ledgerdeman to yield, you see him glaring at you with some serious hate in his eyes. You might have thought that his animosity before was because you were trying to stop him from getting away or that he was such a big fan of Flaire's, but no. He's really got it out for you, in particular.

What do you think you did that might have made him hate you so much? Whatever it was, he clearly still views you as a monster, and considering how good of a job you've just done, that's gotta hurt. Even if he is a villain.

Take a powerful (emotional) blow.

But, that aside, you get a message on your league communicator from Evil Eye. Well, a message from Lag from Evil Eye, anyway. Not like they can keep her out of something so simple, right?

quote:

hey bb. need a favor. heard you stopped a bank robbery.
can you get me some of that money? just need a few thou.
got some debts that came up all of a sudden.
oh and don't worry about messing up your new "heroine" thing.
a lot of it is just floating down the drains right so no way theyre expecting to get it all back right?

Note from Lag: Normally I'd tell her to just go rob some convenience store instead of sending this message for her, but EE's was creepily polite and junk.

I'm not sure what's up, but she's looking pretty nervous about this. So, don't complain about it cramping your style or whatever and just do it, ok?

What do you do?

Tatsu, Bunny Bat tosses you over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes. It's... probably kind of embarrassing. Do you protest and say you want to stick around? Or does the idea of going off with her appeal to you?

What do you do?

Flaire, well, your hair is just as frizzy as you expect, and there's so many cameras! Oh well. Guess it can't be helped. And there's something to be said for the "disheveled fighter" look, right?

Anyway, you've made it clear to anyone even half paying attention that you and Bunny Bat are rivals on the team. But what about the others? How are you planning on defining your public relationship with them?

What do you do?

Barracuda, you see Casey looking after you with a dazed grin on his face, and he waves after you as you head back, saying, "Thanks, Barracuda! I'm your biggest fan!"

He's sure never looked that happy to see you when you were just Susanna... Anyway, when you get back to the scene, it looks like everything's all wrapped up. drat it! Sure taking control of the flying stagecoach was kinda fun, but everything else has just been work work work. You're really gonna have to blow off some steam tonight! What are you planning on doing?

And what are you going to do right now? Especially since lots of people are waiting around for interviews?

Silver Bolt, you missed.

You were in a rush, and you missed. Luckily, you didn't hit anyone, but it was just luck. I mean, you were firing towards a crowd of disoriented people.

And you missed.

You even hear one of the bystanders mutter, "Night Hunter woulda made that shot."
Another voice hushes him and says, "Hey, lay off. He's just a kid, alright? He did his best."

You think you recognize the last voice. It's Peter, the Mayor's personal assistant. He's about 25 years old and in good shape. Probably from running around all day to make sure the Mayor's schedule doesn't fall apart. He's normally right by the mayor's side, and it's odd to see him by himself.

Peter's telling you who you are. Namely, 'just a kid.' Lower Superior and raise Mundane, unless you reject his influence.

What do you do?

Everyone, there's surprisingly little collateral damage. There's just a hole in the wall wall on city hall, a damaged fire hydrant, and a few big holes in the street where the golems came from. As far as super villain bank robberies go, that's practically nothing! Pat yourselves on the back!

But, the press has been waiting in the wings, and they got some good shots of the fight. Now, it's time to give the people what they want. Interviews, interviews, interviews!

At least one of you (but all of you can if you want!) should engage with the media, so...

When you make a statement to the cameras, roll + Superior.
On a 10+, choose three.
On a 7-9, choose two.
• you convince the viewing audience to see your team according to a Label of your choice
• your statement will bring you an opportunity from a viewer
• your statement frames you, in particular, as a successful and noteworthy hero of the city; mark potential
• you don’t anger or upset anyone important or powerful with your statement
On a miss, your statement goes awry, and listeners interpret your words in the worst possible way.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

"yeah, I bet." Now I'm even more annoyed, because I'm somehow stealing my boyfriend that I don't want from myself. This is incredibly stupid, but that doesn't help my bad mood at all. I need to do something to have fun today, and for a full second on my way back, I think I'm going to get a chance to take down the Legerdeman at least, but I get back just in time to see Bunny coming back down to earth after beating him, and bitch at Flaire (and Silver Bolt a little?) for some reason. I glance back over at her, and have to bite back a snicker at her hair.

I'm not in a good enough mood to let that pass without comment though. "Yeah Bunny, cuz you're in such a position to criticize after the great job you did with the carriage. That's why I almost got run over by the pegasi you were supposed to be dealing with and then had to crash the carriage to keep the money from ending up who knows where across the city." It's basically entirely her fault I didn't get a chance to actually fight anything, even if I did get some info out of it in the end. "Well. I'm out of here." I glance around and aim my grappling hook at the tallest of the nearby rooftops. Maybe I'll go to the Yard and beat up some dummies or something. That might help.

Might be telling Bunny who she is?

GodFish fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2016 around 19:44

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Going dooooown


Oh cripes. I don't like that at all. Sara needs money. The wizard needs money. I wonder if it's related. Eh, whatever. I guess a small detour can't hurt...

Walking off, Tatsu still on her shoulder, she disappears behind a corner... the corner that leads into an open manhole, where the water flooded down to. Quite convenient! Should be a bunch of stacks down there. Should be easy enough to grab like, four thousand or something. Plus it's loving dark down here, so I'll probably not be spotted - but I can see just fine. And it's dry on the walkways there, thank gently caress. One, two, three, four... yeah, whatever, if you want more, gently caress you Sara. I don't want to get attention my way.

Hey, am I forgetting something? ...

Oh yeah, Tatsu. He's awake. Uhm, oops.

"Hey, uhm, you can keep a secret, right? I need this for a friend. honest~"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Halcyon City Bank

Oh cool, looks like we won while I was busy making sure I don't look like I'm about to pose for a cheesecake calendar. Checking my reflection in the window of a parked car along the side of the street, looks like my clothes have dried at least - though my hair, ugh. Don't get me wrong, some of my fans like this look - my hair goes down almost to my knees regularly, but now that it's all poofy and frizzy there's less apparent length and a hell of a lot more volume - but that doesn't mean I do, because I think it makes me look cuter but less hot and that's not the direction I'm trying to go. Besides, I like it when my hair matches my flames, it's a style thing.

Bunny Bat shows up to bitch at me more, and yeah for a second I'm tempted to show her what would happen if I actually did try and kill her - that'd only be fair, right, given that she loving tried that on me first not all that long ago. But instead Barracuda shuts her down, and I can't help but grin a little too publicly about it. "Hahaha, seeya back at the base, Barracuad~" I tell her as she departs via grappling hook, enjoying the view as she leaves and grinning about that as well. The online discussion boards are right, she definitely has a nice rear end. Not as nice as mine, but still close. Bet she pads her suit, maybe I should've thought of that before I decided on this skirt as part of my uniform. Wonder if I should tell her about the Barracaboose meme, or just show her some of the pictures later? God she's so lucky she's my teammate - she is totally only even peripherally famous because we're on the same team. Obviously I don't say goodbye to Bloody Bat, and Tatsu gets a brief thumb's up and smile but otherwise he's a loner and sometimes I get the impression he has a crush on me, so I don't want to embarrass him too badly.

Speaking of people lucky to know me, we've got both a bounty of cameras and a victory to celebrate as a team, but they're basically all leaving. Seriously, I have zero idea why my teammates are skipping out now that Legerdeman's down, talking to the press is totally one of the best parts of being a hero. Looks as if Silver Bolt's the only one sticking around, looking crazy serious about things. Probably nervous about our performance and his as captain, especially knowing that I'd have done a better job, but that's not his fault - time for me to do something nice. "So Silver," I start, putting my arm around his (muscular but still lean) shoulder, smiling brilliantly at him before looking towards the media horde before us. "Wanna come talk to the press with me? You can just stand there looking all," handsome "tough and stuff, I'm really good at dealing with the public so I'll do all the talking, sound good?" Of course it does, and I all but drag the much stronger monster hunter hero over towards the podium with me. No idea how he looks so upset still even when he's standing this close to me, so it's just possible I'm going to intentionally walk in such a way that his arm brushes against my boob closest to him - by which I mean yeah, I definitely do that several times.

No sooner have we arrived at the podium than I've already launched into public speaking mode. "Sorry for keeping you waiting everyone!" I declare to the assembled reporters, running a hand through my uncharacteristically fuzzy hair and brushing it back behind my shoulder while giving them all such a dazzling and practiced smile. "Think I can sum everything up for you in a few bullet points, and then Silver Bolt," I nudge him in the ribs with my elbow to make sure he's actually paying attention to the reporters and not just checking me out (I mean what else would he be doing), "and I will be available to answer whatever questions or do interviews, whatever you all want." At the minimum I totally will be, and it's kinda lucky so many of my teammates have left - there's no chance they can gently caress this stuff up if they're not here after all. "Thanks to the Moonlight Vigil's efforts, not only has Legerdeman been apprehended safely, but I'm pleased to report no civilian injuries of any sort and that all the money has been recovered." I mean, I bet it has?

"Furthermore there was no major damage to the city itself, so I imagine this area will just need some minor road repairs and then it'll be good as new!" Until another villain attacks it in a few weeks anyways, but not like I'm going to mention that. Looking like I'm considering not saying something for a few seconds, I lean onto the podium, adjust my hat, and then slyly add "Oh, and Legerdeman, per his bet with a certain beautiful redhead," there's a few laughs from the crowd, but they're the good sort so I press on, "will, once he's out of jail for his latest crimes, be abandoning his life of villainy and start helping out the League of Heroes. So, a good day for both keeping the people of this city safe, and for redeeming a part of its Rogue's Gallery." Yeah, I look pretty pleased about myself right now. That was a risky bet, since we did kinda actually do poorly overall and having to serve as that guy's assistant would've sucked rear end. Instead though we saved the day, I won my bet with that villain, and I get to brag about how awesome we (but mostly I) am to all these reporters!

Got an 8 on speak to the cameras, picking the following two options
you convince the viewing audience to see your team according to a Label of your choice - Savior
your statement frames you, in particular, as a successful and noteworthy hero of the city; mark potential


"So, does anyone have any followup questions?"

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2016 around 07:42

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry Hopeless | Location: Halcyon City Bank


Oh. The sewer. Not uh... not where I thought we were goin'. Not that I'm complainin' about the free save from the news vultures. But I kinda figured she'd take me back to the base, not down here to swipe some cash. Well... at least this means I get to hang out with BB, I guess. So it's kinda alright.

"Gimme a little credit Sunshine, I'm not gonna judge the only person there decent enough to actually help me. Even if ya did realize it a bit late. Good aim by the way. 'Sides, bank money's insured, they probably wrote all of it off the second someone hit the alarm. And good on ya for helpin' out a friend."

(2:29:11 PM) ShootaBoy: Support BB
(2:29:11 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6-1
(2:29:13 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 6-1 = 5
+1 from Love and +1 from Influence bring that up to a 7, so is BB gonna open up to Tatsu?


Ok, this is good. She thinks I can be trusted to keep this secret, and it's kind of a big one, since I think this might count as breakin' whatever deal she has with the big leagues. Even if it doesn't they still probably won't look too kindly on it. Even if it is just a few grand. And that it's going to a baddie probably doesn't look too great either.

"So that friend... they wouldn't happen to be a villain would they? And uh... I can probably walk on my own now. "

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2016 around 21:41

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 / Conditions: ---

I... MISSED?!

I wanted to crawl under a rock and die of shame. Maybe have someone smash the rock on top of me a few times just to make sure. There was no way in hell I should have missed a shot on a stationary target at that range. He hadn't even ducked, he'd just stood there. Had I led the target, thinking he would move? I didn't think so. So what the heck happened?!

The worst bit, the absolute worst, was that BUNNY BAT was the one who showed up to save the day. The freaking vampire took out Ledgerdeman with no trouble whatsoever. Just stared him in his eyes and did that whole mesmerizing thing, and he just sat down and stared into space.

I knew I should tell her good job or congrats or something, but when she came over to rub it in our faces (well, mostly Flaire's face,) I just turned my head to one side and said, "Do what you want." She sauntered off without even paying attention. Good job, Leader, really taking point on this mission.

I folded my crossbow up and looked for the Argent-cycle. I was tired, sore, and embarrassed. I wanted to go home.

quote:

You even hear one of the bystanders mutter, "Night Hunter woulda made that shot."
Another voice hushes him and says, "Hey, lay off. He's just a kid, alright? He did his best."

I looked up, almost said something, and then didn't. Mom would definitely have made that shot, with her eyes closed. What was I even doing here? I couldn't do any of the things the rest of my team could. I couldn't fly or punch golems into pebbles or stare at a guy hard enough to make him stop fighting. At least I cleansed off that mummy spell pretty good, even if it made a huge mess and nearly put Flaire out. That had to be worth something. I did my best... I just wished my best was better than that.

Accepting Influence from Peter, Superior > +0, Mundane > +2

Flaire found me just before I got to my bike and started dragging me over to talk to the press, one arm draped over my shoulder. I honestly didn't (bump) want to do that, and I was going to (bump) tell her so, because I didn't think I'd do a very good (bump) job of-

You know, Flaire's really convincing sometimes!

So I ended up snuggled up next to her in front of the microphones, and I couldn't help remembering how she'd looked soaking wet in a puddle, with her skirt half up and her shirt one-button-too-low and everything just... right there... I hadn't thought about it while we were busy fighting but right now I was pretty sure my face was about the same shade as my goggles.

Flaire covered pretty much all of the bases when it came to the fight, and I wondered if there was anything left for me to say. But I couldn't just stand there like an accessory, I was supposed to be the leader! So when she'd finished, I pushed through the side-floof of her hair to reach the microphone.

"I just want to add that every member of the Moonlight Vigil feels honored to have your support, as citizens. No hero can keep a city safe without the trust of its people. We hope today demonstrates that we can be er... trusted with that trust. And don't worry, you'll be seeing a lot more of us, really soon." I tried to flash a smile but I think it came off kinda grim. Oh well. "So, thank you everyone, and stay safe."

So that was incredibly generic. Flaire probably didn't approve... (bump) Or maybe she did?

On impulse I reached for her hand and raised both of ours into the air, you know, gesture of TEAMWORK, and stuff. Totally not just to hold her hand. Nope.

----

Making a Statement:
2d6 = 7!
Choosing: Your statement will bring you an opportunity from a viewer, You don’t anger or upset anyone important or powerful with your statement

Provoking Flaire to provide some Fan-Service:
2d6 = 5. Awwwwww.

mistaya fucked around with this message at Jul 31, 2016 around 23:01

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



quick note, yami. Barracuda told you who you were, and you have to reject influence or get +danger, - savior.
Also, you still need to take that powerful blow.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Halcyon City Bank

While I'm usually pretty loathe to give up a microphone, in this instance it's actually a good idea to let the "Team Captain" talk, because that's some good stuff from Silver Bolt - I should've remembered to thank the media, they love that poo poo. Him holding both our hands up is great too - classic celebrating teammates pose, press is going to love that too.

Thing is, uh, Silver Bolt doesn't look all that happy. I mean he's a little red in the face, but there's no telling if that's from him having to talk in front of so many people at once, or him being so close to the Hotness that is Flaire. Maybe they can't see it, but I'm standing right next to him - it's obvious to me. Listen, I don't like to brag about it, but I'm a really good judge of other people and like, being all empathic and stuff, and its obvious he's flustered by something. Wonder if what I'm about to do is going to make that better, or worse...

"And let's hear it for Silver Bolt!" I declare suddenly, grabbing the microphone with my hand that isn't holding Silver's. "Team Leader of the Moonlight Vigil, yeah!" Yeah, I guess I have to publicly admit that I'm not actually our leader, but it's worth it for the look on his face.

Speaking of said face, I lean in and kiss him on the cheek, then grin like I just pulled off the world's best prank, glancing sideyes at some of the cameramen in the crowd to make sure they got it. Once that's done I lean my head against his shoulder, grinning and waving and bouncing up and down just a little bit since I'm on camera. I mean, it always works for my videoblog to show off my assets a little without being too overt, I'm sure the same thing will both work here and cheer Bolt up too. Besides, nothing wrong with reminding him I'm hot as hell, right? Or the public in general?

Spending a team to raise Silver Bolt's 6 (mistaya forgot influence over Flaire when rolling, remembered, but didn't edit it back in) to a 7, hence Flaire also providing some fan service this post. Provided mistaya sets the provoke condition as "get a team back if they do it" as opposed to "condition if they don't" we get the point of team back as well.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2016 around 00:01

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Newsies, there's a woo from the back of the presser, and pretty much everyone there lets out a friendly laugh. You catch Brian Brocks taking some photos and Tricia Rodriquez-Jones glancing around taking notes before she asks her questions.

There's a few more nice questions like,
"Silver Bolt! So does your team have official league status?" (From Tricia Rodriquez-Jones)
"Flaire! Are you and Silver Bolt in a relationship?"
"Silver Bolt! Do you think that the Ledgerdeman will really change his ways?" (Also from Tricia Rodriquez-Jones)
"Flaire! Which of your new teammates will be the first to do a vlog with you?

After those friendly questions, though, someone yells for attention, and you catch that it's Li Yinde. She's a known newshound, more interested in her readership numbers than the story itself. She doesn't... lie... exactly, but she's more than willing to twist words around to get a good story. Anyway, now that everyone is paying attention to her, she says, "So, why exactly ARE the two of you working with a known menace like *ahem* 'Bunny Bat?' " Her tone drips with derision at the name, but she continues, "I mean, Silver Bolt? Do you think that Night Stalker would be palling around with a villain like her? And Flaire. After what happened... well... most people would think she'd be the last person you'd want to work with. Any comments?"

There's a brief murmur as the lighthearted mood is very audibly killed. Everyone grows quiet and waits for your answers.

What do you do?

Barracuda, you've made it to the Yard without any real problems. You've still got a host of issues to work out, though. There's the whole "My boyfriend that I don't even want might like my alter ego more than me" ...thing, not to mention other questions like: "What should I do about the upcoming dinner with the Mayor," "Do I get the team involved" "How do I explain how I got this info," "Would I have to reveal my identity to make the plan work," and "I really just wanted to hit something today! Was that too much to ask?"

Fortunately, the training dummies in the Yard are built for a beating. Anyway, you've been at it for a while when you hear a voice from right behind you say, "You shouldn't lock your knees so much when you punch. One day, you're going to punch something tougher than you, and you'll end up right on your rear end."

You turn around and spot Night Stalker, right behind you. You get the feeling she's been watching you for a while, and her eyes are still examining you with a clinical dispassion. She asks, "So, I don't suppose there's much of a point of asking how you found out about this place." She shakes her head and sighs at that. Then, she eyes the dummy you've been beating on for at least 20 minutes and dryly says, "So, I take it things didn't go exactly the way you wanted with your first real team mission. What went wrong?"

When you try to tell Night Stalker something not true and she holds influence over you, you have to reject her influence.
She's really scary.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

"Wah!" I spin around so fast I almost end up on my butt anyway, it's a good thing I have superhuman balance! Then I gulp when I see Night Stalker. She... didn't know I knew? "Uh, um- Silver Bolt told me about it so I could train. I thought you knew..?" I shift uncomfortably, feeling suddenly like I just sold him out. "Don't be mad at him, it's been a big help, and I haven't told anyone else about it! I've got my own secret, I know what its like."

Its a good thing I do feel a little better after taking out that frustration on the dummy for so long, because I can answer Night Stalker a bit more calmly. I swallow again. "Nothing went wrong as such... Well... Bunny screwed up her job and I was stuck handling it for the entire fight. I didn't get back to the fight until it was already over, and she was giving Silver Bolt and Flaire crap for something I didn't see, and acting like she was perfect. It ticked me off." Under my mask, I frown at Night Stalker, not really seeing her, and grit my teeth. "I didn't become a superhero so I could chase down carts full of money my teammate was too stupid to secure!"

I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and try to relax a little. When I open my eyes, I'm a bit calmer again, and I stare at Night Stalker. What was the point of these? She doesn't seem to be here to kick me out, so why was she talking to me? To see how Silver Bolt was doing? She could have found that out on the news. To learn about me? That seemed more likely.

<godfist> pierce night stalkers mask
<godfist> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfist, 7+3 = 10
How could I gain Influence over you?
What do you want me to do?
What are you really planning?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 / Conditions: ---

So, getting my first kiss from a girl on live television, in front of all those people, was both the biggest rush ever and absolutely terrifying. I mean, WOW, and then the little huggy bit afterwards too. I pretty much lost my ability to put words together for a few seconds, even though I wanted to say like, ten thousand things. I looked down at her, so gorgeous, with her head on MY shoulder and I was just like... whoa.

I was suddenly really glad I had such a wide belt on. And that there was a podium.

Of course, none of that mattered to the reporters. (Except 'woo' guy. I gave a thumbs up to 'woo' guy.)

quote:

"Silver Bolt! So does your team have official league status?" (From Tricia Rodriquez-Jones)


Back on track, I rattled off the answers, just like I'd practiced in the mirror that morning.

"We have the utmost respect for the League and would like to extend a formal invitation for them to follow our activities, but not as of now."

quote:

"Silver Bolt! Do you think that the Ledgerdeman will really change his ways?" (Also from Tricia Rodriquez-Jones)

"If he does I hope it's because he understands what he did was wrong, and not just as the result of losing a bet."

quote:

"So, why exactly ARE the two of you working with a known menace like *ahem* 'Bunny Bat?' " Her tone drips with derision at the name, but she continues, "I mean, Silver Bolt? Do you think that Night Hunter would be palling around with a villain like her? And Flaire. After what happened... well... most people would think she'd be the last person you'd want to work with. Any comments?"

Oh boy this one. I knew this one was coming. It was way too obvious.

"Bunny Bat is a member of our team on a probational basis, because we, as a team, believe that she's reformed her ways and wants to be a Hero. Make no mistake, ma'am we are here to work, not pal around." I shrugged, letting the reporters chuckle it off. "I'll say that Night Hunter is aware of her recruitment. We've decided to give her a chance to prove she's not a monster." Or to prove she is one. I didn't say.

I stepped back to let Flaire take her questions. I felt like I was the only one who didn't know what the hell her beef with Bunny was about.

mistaya fucked around with this message at Jul 31, 2016 around 23:00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Press Conference

Sooooo this is definitely going well. There's some super obvious chemistry between Silver Bolt and me - I noticed it, he definitely has, and even the reporters have picked up on it. I make sure to look embarrassed towards the Woo'ing Guy, even though I'm one hundred percent absolutely not chagrined by this in any way. This is all part of the theatrics and drama of being a hero after all, and there's nothing wrong with enjoying it. Besides, Silver Bolt obviously is~

I let Silver Bolt take his questions first. He's the team leader, and in a way it makes sense - everybody knows who his mom is, and that he's in charge probably doesn't surprise anybody. Hell, I voted for him, I'm not too mad about him in charge. He does pretty well with the questions, though he's actually somehow harsher with Bunny Bat that I plan to be. Don't get me wrong, she absolutely sucks - but you don't tell other people that, you save it for behind closed doors where there are no cameras.

He steps back to let me take my turn, and for a second I'm hugely tempted to publicly demonstrate some affection again - but instead I just step up to the podium again and smile like I won the Nobel Prize, which now that I think of it should probably award superheroism somehow. They award physics after all, and my magic breaks physics over its knee all comic-book style.

Anyways, questions! "Am in a relationship with Silver Bolt?" I repeat to the crowd, then turn towards him - after a pregnant pause, I turn back towards the reporter that had asked that question with a cheeky grin. "Maybe if he plays his cards right!" Just for good measure I wink too, in a way that ye olden folke might've referred to as saucily, and they can take that however they want. "But as of now, no, I'm ~painfully~ single - just get affectionate after a good day's heroing, pretty sure it's a Phoenix thing." That answers that, onto my next question.

"Who am I vlogging with first?" I look over towards the reporter, then raising a finger and waggle it in a chastising fashion, all church lady style. "Wow, spoilers much? Should've subscribed to my Patreon!" Because I need money really badly, actually. "Trust me, a lot of the filming's done already, but I'm not giving anything away. Stay tuned to my social media accounts if you want to catch it when it first drops though, OK?" Spoilers: I have not filmed anything yet and have no idea who should be in it.

As for that last lady... Wait that's Li Yinde! I know who she is - she'll do or say anything for fame and she doesn't care about being truthful at all. Gotta admire her a little, I think, but that doesn't mean I'm letting her get one over on either me or the rest of my team. "As for Bunny Bat - listen, if I can forgive her, so can all of you." Actually I hate her but whatever, that doesn't matter now, I gotta be super convincing. "One of my favorite parts of being a hero is that you get to look to the best in people - even those that a lot of society thinks of as monsters, or somehow irredeemable. Helping to show people the right way is more important than fancy powers, at least in my opinion, and I know for a fact Bunny Bat's trying. She deserves a chance, doesn't she? Wouldn't you agree?" I know she will, because I totally just turned the crowd against her~

<Rauri> Provoke Li Yinde
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9 + 3 = 12
<Rauri> yussss
In addition, spending my last two hold from Time for the Show. This person volunteers help or information - Brian Brocks. This person must have my help - Li Yinde.


But seriously I hope Bunny Bat dies in a fire. "Besides, she's in good company. Barracuda's basically a ninja and always has that, uh, has our backs, Tatsu's crazy tough and unbelievably chill, plus Silver Bolt's a straight shooter and sharp as they come. Oh, then there's me too - trust me, Bunny Bat's fine batting for the angels now."

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2016 around 06:12

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«12 »