Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Freak +2, Danger +2, Savior +1, Superior -1, Mundane -1
Potential 5/5 | Conditions: Angry

Taking "I don't care what you think!" from the Delinquent

"Okay," I say and take swing at him. I'm already making my skin hard as stone to prevent him from burning me, my arm growing large as I put as much force into the punch as I can. My hair reaches out and grabs him, holding him in place and preventing him from just running or flying off.

[23:57] <Heliotrope> Directly Engage Firebrand
[23:57] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+2
[23:57] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 11+2 = 13
Choosing to resist his blows and take away his mobility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Hunter: The Vigil

Bolt and I make and amazing team! I mean, we snuck right past those guards and gained access to this place, easy as can be. While I'm not trying to badmouth the rest of the team, its pretty easy to tell those of us on it that are going to get promoted to the big leagues sooner rather than later - and it's us and not them. The pair of us are just so good at this hero stuff, it's hardly even fair~ "Vampires, like Bunny Bat but meaner, got it." Creeping in right alongside him, heavily considering summoning a flame to light our path, it seems like being unseen is the best course of action here so yeah not doing that.

Though... as far as my heroics to date go? Never come across something like this, and glad for it. Bolt's Rogue's Gallery seems a lot more Horror Movie than is typical, and this place looking like its a trailer for a Saw sequel really is not helping me in the whole 'want to be here' department. Obviously he needs help, but maybe we can get some super-tough backup before we go any... whoa, is that Night Hunter!? Oh dammit..

Stealing blood from a Vampire Hunter seems like a total dick move, just saying. Also this guy is HORRIFYINGLY CREEPY. I have a justifiable problem with vampires at this point, and at least Bunny Bat's cute in a weird and angry sort of way - it could not be any more clear that, whoever this thing is, it's an absolute monster. Clearly intending to keep Bolt's mom, threatening him, underestimating me - lets just say I am not a fan of this thing, and I'm going to burn it to ash.

"You never mentioned ME cooperating, and I'm certainly not promising to not strike you down with holy light," I point out while lying about my powers, taking a step forward and swallowing down my fear, smiling even brighter given the situation. Bolt's way better at the acting secretly and being tactical aspects of this job than I am, that's obvious - and I am better at the social aspects, like say attention-getting and lying my rear end off. Willing to bet he'll know to take advantage of this chance I am sooo trying to provide.

I give him a puzzled look, taking another step closer, walking away from where Silver Bolt is and locking eyes with this vampire's feet to keep track of his movements - think there's something about their eyes being hypnotic? "Do you seriously not know who I am or something? You must not, you're probably all creepy and ancient... has anyone ever told you you're pushing that angle waaay too hard?" Crossing my arms, I can't help but laugh at him, even though I'm increasingly terrified.

"I mean drat girl, tone it back some! You are EASILY the ugliest vampire I've ever met, and they all had better fashion sense than you do too!" There's no way shittalking an elder vampire is going to backfire, nope. "You look disgusting is my basic point~"

<Rauri> Flaire's Cold and Cruel towards Creepy Vampire Guy
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+3 = 9
He takes a condition, Flaire takes one in return
If this is actually just a provoke to distract him, let me know.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 13, 2017 around 10:27

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Chillin' With Cool Dad

Despite the issues I've apparently been hiding deep within my psyche, a genuine grin comes across my face as I see Damascus. Sure, yes, it is kind of a bad time and I don't exactly want to face him smelling of beer and, uh... you know, but... Well, who can hate that face? I wave my hand in a negating motion, "Don't worry about it, Damascus. We were just about to watch a movie, but hadn't quite gotten to picking one out." And cuddle. So much cuddling. "It's good to see you." I put my hand on Cuda's shoulder. "This is Barracuda. Damascus, Cuda. Cuda, Damascus."

I can't help but notice that he blushes a bit when he looks at us. He's playing it pretty cool, though, and I really appreciate it. Not the night I need my chops busted, even if he'd be well within his rights as a senior member of the League. But man! When was the last time I saw him get caught off balance like that...? It must have been when I asked him who the lady was in that photo he keeps in his wallet. It was a couple years back after we got back from a routine patrol. I never did get a clear answer, did I? He was awfully quick to change the subject. I'd never seen him with anyone, but... Well, maybe he wasn't quite as much of a monk as he came off as. Or at least wasn't, once.

Straight-faced and in full-on business mode, I say, "Sorry about the smell. I was chaperoning Tatsu on a deep-cover information gathering mission and, well, I haven't had a chance to shower since." Careful wordage and a deflection, naturally, but I saw the game he was playing. Indirect warning, no need to self-incriminate. I'll be sure to dispose of the rest of the materials in question before the next inspection. "I'll submit a report later. I had the opportunity to confirm the full energy output of a young villain going by EyeSpy, incidentally. I noticed that his dossier was a little sparse on details, so hopefully, that will be of some use."

As I sat at the table, I swapped to a mental connection, Damascus, please treat this as an explicit agreement for a meld. I have something to show you regarding Tatsu. Keep your filters on, it's... emotionally charged. Once the mental handshake was accepted and I felt his presence descend into my mind, I guided him towards the room with the recording of Tatsu's past. Tatsu decided that the most expedient method of explaining his past and the influences it had on his present state of mind was a full dive. The recording fast-forwards until it stops on a freeze-frame of Her.

I look pointedly at Damascus and then the screen. After a thorough examination of both this and Tatsu's current track record, I see no reason to continue observation of his conduct. As far as I can tell, he's simply brash, ill-tempered, and largely disagreeable. Understandable, given the circumstances, if not the most pleasant to deal with. With that said, I see no issues arising if she does not enter the situation. I crossed my arms and looked at him. What is the League playing at, Damascus? He's got some sort of... I don't know. Magic, mental tether? It's apparently trailing off of him. That seems like something the League should have caught. Would have caught, even. Give it to me straight. Is the League using this connection to bait Her out?

Triggering World's Most Ethical Telepath! Mithril takes Influence over Damascus and asks him "What are you really planning?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Nock, Nock, Nocking on the Chopshop's Door


"Heh. Only one? I did get to laugh at you losing your bike, so I guess I'll let you have that."

His words kinda hit me as more than just the words... if the makes any kinda fuckin' sense.
I don't know.
gently caress you.

"...Thanks, Nock." I take a good look around at our handiwork. "Anyway, unless you need me to wait for the cops with you, I think I'm gonna take off. It's been a long day."

Accepting his words, shifting labels.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 / MoT: Unlocked / Conditions: ANGRY

I froze up when I saw Mom strapped to that table. I heard everything the vampire said, but I was too busy staring at her, trying to stay cool. You always think your parents are invincible, right? I'd talked about getting hurt to Flaire earlier but that was all abstract, it was way different seeing it.

I couldn't even come up with a witty one-liner when he asked me to put down my weapon. I should have said something cool, but my mouth wouldn't even form words. Thank God Flaire was there. She might not have been the sneakiest hero, but she was a master of distraction. As soon as he turned his head to follow her, I raised my crossbow. The wooden stake-bolts I had loaded inside while Flaire burned her way into the building would be deadly to a vampire, but only if I shot him in the heart. Anywhere else would just hurt.

I didn't want to hurt him. I didn't even want to interrogate him anymore. Now that I knew what was going on here I didn't have to. This monster was targeting my family. He had to be stopped. It was time for me to do some real vampire hunting.

He was standing with his side to me, so I couldn't get a shot at his chest. Smart. I took aim anyway, hoping even if I missed, Flaire would be able to do something with it. Vampires didn't like fire any more than they liked wooden stakes or sunlight, after all.

"You want my blood, you're going to have to kill me for it!" I yelled, finally finding my voice. "And you're not touching my girlfriend either!" I fired two shots, then ducked into a roll, trying my best to match Flaire's movement so he'd have to turn his back to one of us.

---
Directly Engaging with Danger:
[01:24] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 5 = 5
[01:24] <mistaya> ...welp! Marking Potential.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +3 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

Okay, note for next time Cuda, bring some perfume back to base so we can avoid the smell too. Ha. I always have some at home ready to hide the sweaty smell after going around in my Barracuda suit at night, but I didn't think I'd need it here. Oh well, live and learn, right? And it doesn't look like Damascus is making a deal out of it, which is pretty cool. "Nice to meet you Damascus. Cuda is fine if you want." I smile at him with the part visible under the mask and nod. "And yeah, I brought in a criminal just before getting back to the base, there should be a report up on the network sooner or later if you want to check it out." We're all playing it cool and friendly, I like it. Sitting down next to Mithril, it looks like the two of them are doing some kind of mental conversation or something, so I get up quickly to grab a glass of water, using that to help wash down some of the lingering alcohol sensation. Hydrate, people always say.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Flaire: his face contorts into a mask of rage as he roars. "Arrogant cow! I will feast on your lifeblood!"

...Are you sure that pissing off an elder vampire was really a good idea? I mean... Bunny Bat put you up in the hospital for a while, and she was pretty green.

He'll mark angry, and you mark afraid.

Even more worrisome, he doesn't even turn to look as he catches Silver Bolt's crossbow bolts between his fingers. He whirls around and flings them back at Silver Bolt. Then, almost as if he hadn't moved, he's still stalking towards you, rage flashing in his jet black eyes.

What do you do?

Silver Bolt, so, almost as soon as you fire the bolts, you feel a piercing pain in your arm. Almost faster than you could see, he caught the bolts and flung them into your arm. You stagger back, and your crossbow drops out of your hand and goes skittering into the darkness.

Take a powerful blow.

What do you do?

Mithril: He nods as you play along, apparently satisfied that you understood what he was talking about.

Once you let him inside, the nonchalance doesn't change. In fact, he doesn't seem too surprised at what you show him. Well, he does wince a little at the nastier parts. He does seem like he's not surprised by any of it, though.When you press him, you feel a bit of hesitation and even... guilt(?) as he makes sure he's expressing himself properly, "I never doubted his sincerity in wanting to help people as a part of the League. But... yes. That leash is a cause for significant worry. The witch even more so."

He lets out a mental sigh of resignation, and you fell a wall inside him tumbling down. He says, "But, it's not that cut and dry. He's undead. He isn't supposed to be, and yet, thanks to the witch's magic, he is. Snipping that trailing bit of the spell... well.. not even the experts at the League could be sure what it would do. There's a chance nothing would happen, and he'd be able to go on his merry way. There's a chance he'd just drop dead, the spell broken. ...But, there is a very real chance that it'd remove only part of him. His mind, leaving his body a feral beast, lashing out at anything it can find. Or it might remove his body, leaving him a voiceless spirit, unable to interact with the world around him. I'm not sure which would be worse. So, we put it to a vote on whether to tell him. It was... close, but I was outvoted. The majority thought the risks were too great and that he was our only chance of finding this witch."

He doesn't seem... apologetic, though. Were you expecting that? But, more importantly, he also isn't making you promise not to tell Tatsu.

He isn't saying anything, but you can feel the gap that's opened up between the two of you over the last few days. He feels it too, and he glances around, curious as to what caused it.

What do you want me to do?
How could I gain influence over you?


What do you do?

Barracuda: ...Man, the room got quiet all of a sudden. Do you want to try and join in on the mental conversation? I mean, if they're telepaths, they can probably pull you along, right?

Speaking of, have you ever thought that Mithril might have gone peeking in your mind? It'd be hard to resist, right? I mean... do you think you'd peek if the situations were reversed?

Tatsu: Man, are your ears start burning all of a sudden! Which, you know, is kind of odd considering that you're, you know, undead.

Anyway, Nock seems to have things well in hand. Do you have anything you want to do before you head back to the base?

What do you do?

Chimera: he seems shocked as you latch onto him. Apparently he didn't actually think you'd... you know... hit him.

What a dumbass, right? As you pummel him, he yells, "Help! I'm being attacked." So far, no one seems to have noticed. Superhuman brawls are pretty common in Halycon, after all. Seeing no relief coming, he engulfs himself in flame, starting red before it shifts to yellow, and a flickering, blue/white. He's turning up the heat as quickly as he can. You're not... entirely sure you'll be able to outlast him, but you could just keep pummeling him.

What do you do?

He marks afraid. If you want to keep holding on, you'll have to unleash your powers or else take a powerful blow.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Freak +2, Danger +2, Savior +1, Superior -1, Mundane -1
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

As he turns to flame I harden my skin. I try and block out the pain, still holding him in place and getting ready for another punch. I'm yelling, screaming almost, as the heat turns up. But I'm yelling in rage too. Even if this is a stupid idea, I'm going to make him pay for what he tried to do.

[00:16] <Heliotrope> Take a Powerful Blow
[00:16] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[00:16] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 10+1 = 11
Choosing to mark Guilty, Insecure, and giving him an opportunity.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: Hunter: The Mild Panic

"Cow?!" I was planning to incinerate this awful vampire before that remark, but woww is he gonna get it now.

Though uh, yeah - he just caught one of Silver Bolt's bolts (repetitive now that I think about it, with now NOT being the time to think about that sort of stuff) from middair and nicked him with it, all without even breaking a step. Do I think I could take Bunny Bat in a fight? By now, yeah I do. Do I think I can take this guy in a fight though, as he advances on me with those beady dead eyes of his? No. No I do not. But I can stall him, I know that much. Time for a technique all of my teammates hate - maybe he'll enjoy it less than they do. "Goggles Bolt!" Hope he's OK...

Stumbling back a step or two in this eerie warehouse, I raise my fingers in the sign of the cross - not that I expect that to work, but I did sort of lie earlier about the magic I control. He's expecting holy, so probably looking to dodge it or do some creepy blood-magic counterspell, I honestly have zero idea how powerful vampires work - but instead, he's getting fire.

"Our Father, who art in heaven," Ohh I just thought of something for this, this is gonna be great. Sorta need it to be after all... Gathering energy in my fingertips but holding it back, I'm going for max light and minimal heat here. "Hallowed be thy Flame!"

<Rauri> Is the Elder Vampire Watching Closely?
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+3 = 8
Picking to get an opportunity and expose a weakness or flaw.


And then yeah, it's Solar Flaire time; this nocturnal creepo is getting the equivalent of a small sun's light shined directly into his eyeballs. Not sure why he's not wearing sunglasses or goggles like Bolt does - though I bet he wishes he was about right now~

Spending a point of team to assist Bolt's Take A Powerful Blow roll by buying some time for him.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 14, 2017 around 21:48

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 / MoT: Unlocked / Conditions: ANGRY

It's a really good thing that my outfit is made of Kevlar and not just a costume for show. Even with the Kevlar a stake-bolt like the one he threw back at me would have pierced if it hit me straight on... luckily it was a glancing blow. I was pretty sure I'd have a welt in the morning but I could handle that.

Losing my hand-crossbow was a lot worse, of course, but I still had my knife, my grenades, and my big crossbow, so it wasn't like I was out of options. So... which one? I glanced at Mom, unconscious on that disgusting table, then back to Flaire, who needed me to come through for her. I knew right then that trying to stake this vampire was stupid. He'd caught my bolt out of the air. So, I needed something that'd work even if... no ESPECIALLY if he caught it!

I shielded my eyes with my arm as soon as Flaire yelled and I still saw a white haze on the edge of my vision, THROUGH my goggles. She was way too good at that.

"I think he sees the light!" I yelled, flashing Flaire a thumbs up as I threw one of my grenades at him. Not the citrus one this time, a sticky bomb. It's basically a canister of pressurized sticky foam that rapidly expands when it's exposed to air. It was something I wouldn't use on a person, because if the foam got on their face it could be really bad, but this guy didn't need to breathe so I didn't feel bad at all.

We didn't need to KILL him, I'd finally realized. We just needed to disable him long enough to rescue Mom. That would be really hard to do for me, since I couldn't carry her and fight. Good thing I had the best Teammate-slash-girlfriend (who can also fly) with me.

"Flaire! Get Night Hunter out of here! I'll handle this!"

---
Rolling Savior to Take the Blow with my move, (Never give up, never surrender!)
[01:55] <mistaya> !r 2d6+2
[01:55] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 7+2 = 9
[01:56] <Rauri> want me to spend a point of team?
[01:56] <mistaya> yea
Choosing: You rally from the hit, and it inspires the team, add 1 Team to the pool. So Neutral on Team, and a 10+ so no condition.

Directly Engaging with Savior via Fight the Good Fight, pulling my punches to disable instead of harm.
[02:23] <mistaya> !r 2d6+2
[02:23] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 9+2 = 11
[02:23] <mistaya> yesss
[02:23] <Rauri> nice!
Resist his blows and Create an Opportunity for Flaire to get to Night Hunter.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Flaire: the vampire cocks his head, unsure of what to expect. He raises his arms to shield himself from... well, whatever he thinks you're about to do, eyes locked on you.

Needless to say, that's a really big mistake when you conjure the light of a small sun in the room.

Roaring in fury, he starts wildly swinging his arms towards you.

Silver Bolt:, Man, that armor is pretty impressive. Who made your armor, anyway?

Even blinded, he grabs the bomb out of mid-air. Fortunatly, that doesn't help him in the least, as it explodes on contact, coating him in a quickly hardening goo. He yells, "Children! Come serve me and devour this interloper!"

He marks Afraid

That's when you hear screeching of bats. Lots and lots of bats. A veritable wall of them swoops down from the ceiling, blocking the vampire, Flaire, and your mother from view in addition to causing an unearthly cacophony. They're trying to bite at you, but your armor is holding up just fine. On the other hand, you're literally being buried in bats.

What do you do?

Flaire: He's disoriented and his wall of bats is only blocking Silver Bolt. Also... he is covering his ears and his neck is contorting horribly to bite at the goo. Which... is pretty gross.

Still, he doesn't look at you when you move. Given that he still caught the goo bomb in midair, he apparently relies on sound more than vision... Hm... You could probably do something with that, right?

But, you've also got a clean path to Bolt's mom...

What do you do?

Chimera: he squirms out of your coils as you weaken from the pain and starts to get a running leap to fly away. Over his shoulder, he yells, "You'll regret this! Everyone's going to know what a monster you are now!"

What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Freak +2, Danger +2, Savior +1, Superior -1, Mundane -1
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty, Insecure

"We're not done yet!" I howl as I run after him, reaching my arm out and grabbing him. Then I start squeezing. Hard.

[19:19] <Heliotrope> Directly Engage Firebrand
[19:19] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+3
[19:19] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 5+3 = 8
Includes +1 from Coming For You
Choosing to resist his blows

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Homeward Bound


I fuckin' hate weird feelin's. Not unusual when you have a problem like mine, since they're never good. But this one don't feel like any of that. It's just weird.

...

It's probably just 'cause I'm so fuckin' tired. Hopefully. I had a kinda vague thought about swingin' back by and makin' sure that I hadn't ruffled any of Evil Eye's feathers with that poo poo from earlier, but nah. I'll sleep on it, and if it still feels like somethin' I need to do then I'll do it. For now, I just wanna grab somethin' to eat, like the leftover broccoli and rice I got in the fridge and then get some sleep.

I give Nock a goodbye wave, and then it's on the bike and off towards the base.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Chillin' With Cool Dad

"Wow." I blink. "That's definitely... Huh. Thanks for telling me."

If nothing else, I do appreciate his candor. This was... well, I had my own suspicions, of course, which is why I asked, but... Man. This is pretty big. I'll definitely need to talk to Tatsu about it. I have a lot of respect for the League and I know they've done great things, but this? If Tatsu wants to risk blowing himself up or whatever for the chance to be free of all that baggage, I'll have his back. The silence stretches for a moment and then I see he's noticed the door. The one that's locked up tighter than Fort Knox. The one, naturally, where I put my newfound Damascus baggage. Aw, jeez. I can't not tell him, but I'm not going to show him that. Not until I have a better chance to think through it myself.

I rub the back of my mental projection's neck and say, "Alright, so... Yeah. There was something else I saw on that dive into Tatsu. Things turned into a weird jumble of our psychescapes and... I saw the mall again. But, uh, not like I remember it. Not like I know that it happened." I slide down the wall of my mental hallway into a sitting position. "At the end, after you broke through and calmed me down? Things got... really weird. There were these red chains and flames and you looked terrifying. Like a monster." I can feel my voice speeding up, trying to justify everything away before he reacted. "I know that's not what happened! Really, I do. It's just... I guess there was some part of me that never got over that fear. And now I know that it's there and I can't unknow it. I have a session coming up with the League psych team and I'm going to try and work things out with them."

I dip my head and pull my knees up, "Damascus, you're one of the most important people in my life. I don't think that this is going to change that at all, it's just..." I sigh. "It's a lot to work my head around. It's just going to take some time." I shrug, slightly misty-eyed, then prepare to end the meld.

Mithril wants enough time and space to figure her poo poo out, because she doesn't want to ruin things with Damascus! But, of course, he'll regain influence over her once she does. He's really important to her! For a more immediate method of influence, some sort of tangible offer of aid for Tatsu would do the trick.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: Hunter: The Mild Panic

HaHA! Did you see that? I definitely fooled him, and now Count Orlok is totally blinded. And, uh, has sic'd a lot of disgusting vampire bats on Silver Bolt, who's urging me to take his mom and run. Which, uh yeah, I know how this stuff works - he's sending up some death flags, and I am NOT cool with that, at all! This guy is crazy powerful I'm sure, and even if he's out of commission for a moment, I doubt that'll last very long - Bolt's going to need my help, I'm sure of it, I can't just leave him here.

On the other hand... I mean, he's the leader of the team, right? Fighting monsters like this is his thing - I should trust him. Night Hunter does need to get to safety, that much is totally clear. I bet he can even handle this guy! Probably. He'd better be able to...

Impossibly torn, I make the only call here that feels right to me. "Got it - you'd better know what you're doing..." Extending my hands and creating a blazing inferno whose heat ignores myself, Night Hunter, and Silver Bolt, I dash towards her and quickly rip off any lingering bits of medical gear, hoisting her over my shoulder before sprinting towards the entrance I created earlier under the cover of my fire, stupid bats powerless to stop me without roasting themselves alive.

As I run, my boyfriend's mom awkwardly draped over my shoulder while I'm actually super thankful for all those exercises I had to do last week, I make sure to call out again while sincerely wishing I wasn't doing the right thing here. "Kick his rear end, Bolt - I'll be waiting for you outside!"

<Rauri> Flaire Defend Night Hunter
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+1 = 6
Team me please mistaya. If so, exposing self to danger to make sure Night Hunter stays protected.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 17, 2017 around 05:31

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 / MoT: Unlocked / Conditions: ANGRY

"I'll be fine, just go!" I threw a flash-bang down behind her, covering her exit right as the bats piled onto me. (Using Team.)

Grandma makes everybody's armor. She's been doing it for a long time. Mom knows how too, but she hasn't passed the secret on to me yet. I can still remember how proud Grandma was when I first put it on. I was pretty proud too... even though I think the collar is a little much I guess it's traditional... and it does protect my throat so there's that.

Anyway, I wanted to laugh when he sent his bats after me. Like any real vampire hunter isn't going to have bat repellent! Who does this guy think he's messing with? I reached for the speaker on my belt and flipped the switch.

Now, what was supposed to happen was a super high pitched ringing noise that would freak out all the bats' echolocation and disrupt the vampire's control over them. That... didn't happen. Since when did this thing have multiple settings? NIKA!

---
Rolling Freak to Unleash Powers, overcoming the zubat swarm:
[12:39] <mistaya> Silver Bolt uses REPEL!
[12:40] <mistaya> !r 2d6
[12:40] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 4 = 4
[12:40] <mistaya> it's... not very effective. Marking Potential!

Did use the Team to boost Flaire's roll, not sure what the total's at?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +3 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

This is super awkward. With a small yawn, I take another drink of water, refill the glass, then sit back down next to Mithril. While I would like to be part of this conversation, or... mental... thingy, I can't see how I can join in without them seeing a lot of my mind I don't want them to see. Damascus, because I don't know him, and Mithril because it'll show her who I "really" am, and she doesn't need to know that. It'll just make things awkward and terrible. So I just keep sitting there, after a moment reaching out to give her hand a gentle squeeze under the table. Has she looked into my mind before? I... don't think so. She'd definitely know who I am, and she couldn't have acted so normal if she did. So she can't have. Yeah, that makses sense. I could see the temptation to though, I'd love to know exactly how she thought and felt about me if I had some way of doing it, but... I think I know that anyway, don't I? She couldn't have been faking all that.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Team 1

Mithral: Damascus looks at you, unsure of how to respond. He finally says, "Well, I did promise... I dont feel bad about telling you, but i cant exactly go and do anything about Tatsu's situation myself. Anyway, you take all the time you need. You've got your own team now, and it sounds like you're doing great with them. But, you can always give me a call."

Which is fine, right? He... didn't really mention how that mental construct made him feel, though...

He breaks off contact and looks at Barracuda, as if he suddenly remembered she's here. He laughs, saying "Hope you didn't get too bored waiting on us. We had a lot to catch up on."

He then says jovially, "Well, you kids haven't burned the place down, so that's a pass from me. Need anything before I go? Maybe... a movie recommendation, if you're still stuck?"

God, what a dad.

Tatsu: you walk in to the above scene in the living room on your way to the kitchen.

Damascus gives Mithral an inscrutable look when you walk in, but he then says, "Good to see you, Tatsu. Don't worry, I was just leaving. I heard you and Mithril had an exciting evening out." He gives her a friendly punch on the shoulder and grins at you.

...uh, ok.

What do you do?

Flaire, as you run through the flames, the vampire catches your eye and you feel a psychic assault hammer your brain! Honestly, Evil Eye wishes she was that good. Because, even with a fleeting moment of eye contact, when you go to leave through the flame wall... it hurts! Like, really really hurts! The fire is burning you! You pull back, shocked.

Do you even remember what it's like to get burned? Also, the fire wall you made is now starting to rage through the warehouse! What do you do?

he spends his influence to give you -2, making you fail. Take a powerful blow and you can only create fire for the rest of the scene, not control it.

Silver Bolt, well, Flaire doesnt seem to have it. On top of that, the malfunctioning sonic scrambler does send the bats crazy! But, it also shatter the goo holding the vampire down. He lunges across the room and grabs you by the neck. Sharply pulling you out of the pile of bats, he holds you in the air and starts squeezing. Then, he looks back at Flaire, smirking as he says, "Drop her and leave, or I snap your lover's neck. Choose."

Silver Bolt, you're going to black out if he keeps this up! What do you do?

Chimera: yeah, he's gonna tap out now. He's had way more than enough. He tells, "Jesus, you freak! Fine, I'll drop it."

Is that good enough? What about the small croud thsts gathering in thd street below? What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Freak +2, Danger +2, Savior +1, Superior -1, Mundane -1
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty, Insecure

I let go of Firebrand. "Good. Don't ever do something like that again." I was worried about the person sending me that message but I was able to take him by myself. If he tries anything else, me and the rest of the team should be able to easily deal with him. I just ignore the crowd below and stretch out my arms, turning them into wings. Think I'll head back to the base and just relax with anyone else there. I'd message Silver Bolt about being free now but he's probably busy at this point. I take off, ignoring the crowd. Let them stare if they want.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Angry, Hopeless | Location: Burn Unit

My brain's been hosed with before, but never quite like this. Everything's aching all of a sudden, I swear my nose is bleeding, I'm now acutely aware how heavy Silver Bolt's mom is, and oh yeah - I get burned by one of my own fires. Turns out a year of being able to just ignore them means I have no fear of them, so yeah, I'm almost halfway through before I realize just what the hell is going on, instinctually reacting to the growing heat by leaping back out of it, if a bit too late. At least Night Hunter's probably fine, but I'm shrieking in pain as I fall back, uniform singed, skin burned, hair on fire... owwww! Why in the hell do people even fight me when I can inflict this on them so easily?!

<Rauri> Flaire Take a Powerful Blow
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+1 = 7
<Yamifenrir> so close
Choosing to take two conditions, Angry and Hopeless. Also incrementing XP by one due to failed roll courtesy influence being spent.


Collapsing to the floor, swatting at my hair to put it out and insanely contemplating hairstyles I'll need to switch to after the damage that has just been dealt, trust me - pretty drat aware of how wrong all of this has gone. Even ONE other person would've made this so much easier, but noooo, we did this on our own... though I guess that doesn't matter now, does it? This vampire's got Silver Bolt by the neck, threatening to kill him if I don't tuck tail and run. I'm burned, scared, my powers aren't even working properly, I'm burdened with someone over my shoulder, and there are no cameras here - I could technically run. I mean, it might even be the smart thing to do here. This place is going up in flames, and this monster is just so strong... I need to live, right? What good is being famous if I'm not around to appreciate it?

But that'd mean Bolt getting hurt. So I stay. And I am going to make this vampire PAY for what he's done. For once, I don't have a snappy line, but I'm not done here, no matter his stupid psychic tricks - I've dealt with them before, if not as strong. See, I may not be able to control my flames right now - but I can certainly still generate them, and this guy's within my range. Time to find out how much he enjoys having his internal organs turned into a fireplace. I don't care what it takes - I'm getting Silver Bolt and Night Hunter out of here, and that's that. If this guy wants to get in my way, I'm ready for him!

Struggling back to my feet, wishing for the thousandth time I had super toughness, I raise a burned hand and snap with my fingers despite the pain - my magic's damaged, and the gesture helps me focus - and yeah, turns out undead not a big fan of being set on fire from the inside out, same as anyone else. I don't exactly have a ton of power to put into the spell and I didn't call it out, so it's weaker than usual - I bet is just buys Bolt time. Still, that's all he needs. "You're messing with the wrong person! I'm FLAIRE! Leave my boyfriend alone and fight me, or I'll incinerate you with my next spell!" I doubt I can... but I bet he believes me anyways.

<Rauri> Flaire Defend Silver Bolt
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 = 11
<ShootaBoy> noice
<ArashiOfOrdo3> Thumbs up!
Clearing a condition - Flaire's not Hopeless so long as Silver Bolt's still okay, and it looks like he is for now.


I don't care what happens to me now, so long as he makes it out of here safe. I'm going to keep Silver Bolt and his mom safe, and this monster is going to regret having crossed me. Stars always shine brightest in the dark, right? Trust me, I'm so alight I'm practically ablaze.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 28, 2017 around 09:30

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Home Again, Home Again


Oh hey, it's that guy from when Mithril went in my head. It's uhhh..... fuckin'..... somethin' to do with metal, I know....

My stomach rumbles, and I absentmindedly scratch at part of it through the giant hole burned into my shirt. "Nah, it wasn't all that exciting, more annoyin' than anythin' else. rear end in a top hat ruined my fuckin' shirt. Anyway, I'm just grabbin' dinner, don't mind me."

I continue on my vaguely grumpy way to get my food. Should I bother heatin' it up? Hot food is good, but if I take the time to do that some kinda bullshit might find me again when I really don't wanna deal with it. Hmm. I can stomach cold rice, won't be the first time, and that DAMASCUS! That's his fuckin' name! Great, that woulda bugged the poo poo outta me all night.

Aw gently caress it. I lost a good shirt today, I'm eatin' hot. Hopefully I ain't gonna regret standin' around like this... Actually, if I'm gonna be out here, I could make it a bit better. Won't take that much longer to get it done in a pan. And I should have some water chestnuts around here somewhere...

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Chillin' With Cool Dad

And, just like that, we're back. I squeeze Cuda's hand right back and give her an apologetic glance. When Damascus looks away for a moment, I mouth "I'll make it up to you later!" at her and wink. Let her read into that as she will. Hehe. I should have kept things vocal, but it's just so easy to meld up and catch up like that! I should really practice more... but, all the same, I can't deny I'd love to get in her head like that. Not to find out all of her secrets or anything, not at all. I just... Want to show her how much she means to me. And I don't know the words, you know? It's easier when you're connected. There's no lies, no artifice. You can feel everything that the other does.

I blush when Damascus starts the dad routine and even blurt out, "Daa- Er. Damascus...!" Whew. Clean recovery. Not suspicious at all.

Luckily Tatsu pops in a few seconds later and draws enough attention off of me to recover my cool. I say, "Hey, Tatsu. How was your thing?" I figure it must have gone well, cause it doesn't look like his clothes are sporting any new rips or tears. Damascus catches my eyes and, try as I might, I don't know what he's telling me. It's kind of unusual. Well, whatever. I'm going to tell Tatsu one way or another, but it's going to be in private. He deserves a shot to decide his own destiny, no matter what the League decided. Damascus's shoulder bop knocks me out of my reverie and I look around the room.

...You know, sometimes I forget how lucky I am to be with the Vigil. I've got so many new friends, a very special lady, and I've still got the best mentor-slash-father-figure a girl could hope for.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 / MoT: Unlocked / Conditions: ANGRY

So, basically I went from buried in bats, to getting choked to death in the vampire's grip, to being dropped on my rear end, in the space of about a minute and a half. My head was still spinning when I realized the warehouse had sure gotten uncomfortably hot and wow that was a lot of fire. Fire everywhere, really. Way more fire than I was comfortable with.

So much for the crime scene, I thought, weirdly disconnected from everything else that was going on around me. I blinked a few times and coughed once. The vampire was flailing. He was furious, but I could also see fear in those undead eyes. Flaire yelled over the roar of the fire and I heard her clearly threaten to incinerate him.

I slipped the BIG crossbow off my back and shoved a special bolt into it. A black pouch was suspended from the tip. "And if you think she can't," I muttered, knowing he could hear me with his super hearing, "Think twice."

The string went TWANG and the bolt lofted through the smoke-haze, smacking into the vampire's shoulder. The contents of the pouch splattered all over him. It was an oil slick arrow, one I was planning to use in the event of a high speed vehicle chase. But hey, flammable's flammable, and boy, it didn't get more flammable than being covered in pure grease.

Directly engaging with Savior via Fight the Good Fight.
[18:45] <mistaya> !r 2d6+2
[18:45] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 7+2 = 9
Creating an Opportunity by making mr vampire extra flammable. +1 team?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +3 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

"Don't worry about it, it wasn't long." I flash Damascus a slightly awkward smile, and Mithril a much less awkward one when she squeezes my hand back and winks at me. "No, we're okay, I've got a big selection." The exchange between the two of them that I can see is making me feel likes awkward, but a little sad. Whatever trouble Mithril has with him, it's obvious they both care about each other, and that kind of teasing (or joking?) dad comment isn't one I've ever had from my dad. Not that I'd want one from him, but, it would have been nice to have parents, or parental figures, I liked. "Hey Tatsu." I give him a slight nod, not able to think of a good way to jibe him about that laserbeam I saw him take.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Mithral and Barracuda: Damascus stops talking and closes his eyes for a moment. Then, they snap open. His helmet flies from across the room and into his hand as he says, "Well, it looks like duty calls. You kids stay out of trouble." Then, he turns and hustles out of the common room.

Any more plans for the night?

What do you do (before the end of the session?)

Chimera: fortunately, the rest of the trip back to the base is uneventful. You walk in just as Damascus is walking out. He apologizes as he leaves, saying that he wanted to meet all of Mithril's new teammates, but some League business came up. After he rushes past you, you find Mithril and Barracuda, and Tatsu in the common room, with Tatsu cooking up a meal in a shirt with a giant burn mark in the middle while Mithril and Barracuda look (and smell) like they're having a night in.

What do you do (before the end of the session?)

Tatsu: Man, that does sound good. You ever think of cooking a meal for the team? It'd be a way to do something nice without actually having to spend a lot of time with them. Just a thought.

Anyway, while you're cooking for a while, is there anyone in the common room you wanna talk to?

What do you do (before the end of the session?)

Silver Bolt, as the oil splatters everywhere over him, it instantly ignites. Screaming in pain and horror, his form contorts until it's something closer to a dog-sized bat. It's still on fire and screaming in his voice though, which is... more than a little unsettling.. With a single beat of his massive wings, he launches himself towards the broken window.

Unfortunately, his frantic flaps sends the oil everywhere, with some of it getting on you and the rest making the fire worse.

He marks hopeless, and you take a powerful blow.

Flaire and Silver Bolt, between the two of you, you've managed to drive off an elder vampire! Congratulations!

Unfortunately, you're now in a burning warehouse with an unconscious woman to get out as well.

What do yo do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Chillin' With The Cool Kids

I send a quick Good luck out there! as Damascus books it out of the room, but I'm almost immediately distracted from his quick exit by Chimera's entrance. She's... Well, she's radiating some bad vibes. That's the technical psychic term, of course. I look at her, a little curiously, and send out a telepathic feeler, You feeling alright, Chimera? You know I'm here for you if you need anything. I add a little touch of the warm fuzzies again, super technical psychic language to make it the psychic equivalent of a friend hug. I know she can be a little standoffish, so I'm not going to make it a big scene. If she wants to talk about whatever is bothering her, I'm always ready to listen. How could I do anything less for my first non-Damascus hero partner?

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:54 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+3 Mithril comforts Chimera! = (4+6)+3 = 13

Chimera gets the usual and we add some more team to the pool! ...Right before it empties!

On the other hand, I wonder how I should break the news to Tatsu. I'm not sure what to make of it myself. I don't want him to rush into anything, especially if it's going to end up with him dead... or worse. That said, I'm definitely going to tell him. I've seen what he's been through. If there's a shot at freeing him from all of that... Well, I'll help however I can.

Of course, that's not to say I'm going to be neglecting Cuda. Not in the slightest! I know we've got a fun-filled night ahead. I mean, there's that movie... And maybe some more beers? We've gotta get rid of them before the next inspection, right? I'm still feeling a little bad about leaving her out of that talk with Damascus! I wonder if there's something I can do to make it up to her~? I look back at her with a smile, "Hmmm, any thoughts on that movie?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Freak +2, Danger +2, Savior +1, Superior 0, Mundane -2
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty, Insecure

As the scene with Frebrand ends, I'n removing Angry and Insecure for punching out Firebrand and solving a problem by punching out Firebrand

I give a nod and a wave to Damascus as he rushes on by. Haven't really met him much, but he seems okay. He was totally fine with us working together after all. Then again, maybe he knew I wasn't a villain with some mental looks? Kind of an invasion, but if it kept me in his good books then that's okay.

I look up as Mithril starts talking in my mind. It takes me a moment to register that it's in my mind and not spoken out loud. "Yeah I'm fine. One of Flaire's rivals decided to try and scare me off the team. I kicked his rear end, so I bet he's given up on that plan. Flaire'll probably find it hilarious." I start preparing some hot chocolate, in a cup designed for me. In case my hands change into something that might scratch or break a normal cup, I got one made by someone who specializes in making stuff like this for supers who can't always control hurting what they touch. "But it's like I told Flaire earlier - it doesn't matter what other people outside the team think, as long as I have your support I'm fine."

Shifting Labels: Superior up, Mundane down

"But let's just say that after that crap, I'm just glad we hit it off when we met. Other then when we surprised each other, you knew not to treat me like a monster just because I look like one. It helps having people like you around."

[04:13] <Heliotrope> Comfort Mithril
[04:13] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6
[04:13] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 11 = 11
Removing Guilty if Mithril goes along and chooses an option too


My nose almost involuntarily transforms into a dog's nose as the smell hits me - the smell of beer on Mithril and Barracuda. And....they have each others scent on themselves. Ah. Right. Gotta give some space to my friend. And maybe someone who wants to be a friend but is unnerved by me? I don't know yet, maybe I should talk to her about it. Later though. I'm waiting for Mithril's reply, but if Tatsu wants to suggest going somewhere I'm fine with that.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 08:24

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: -2 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 (Advance!) | Conditions: None! | Location: Chillin' With The Cool Kids

I grin. That sounds just like Chimera. She doesn't take crap from anyone. Especially not people like that. It might end up backfiring, but even if whoever it was grabbed some friends... Well, Chimera has more friends than she realizes. I bet that anyone in the Vigil would stand by her. I know I would. I send back, You have it 100%, Chimera. If this guy doesn't drop things, let me know, ok? I can make things really... interesting for him. Pressure him on the League side of things too. Of course, what kind of guy would step up against Chimera after seeing what she could do first-hand? I mean, for all that her talents make it tough to lead a quote-unquote normal life not like I'm an expert there either they make her really good at what she does.

I add, I'm glad we hit it off, too. You're a real sweetheart, you know? One of these days they'll understand that just like I do. You know, hearing that from Chimera, it feels... Well, it feels good. I've been so worried lately about all the ways being a psychic is awful. Accidentally finding out Cuda's secret identity, showing Tatsu my worst moments and fears, deep-seated mentor trauma... Well, mostly just those ways. It's still pretty great on the whole. And if I wasn't who I was, wasn't Mithril, would I have been able to be here today? Not likely.

Mithril opens up and marks potential! Advancing and taking +2 to Damascus's Denied Label, Danger, as she resolves to fight for her friends.

Of course, I can't help but notice that Chimera is sporting a dog nose when she turns my way a bit while making her drink. Can she...? My face reddens a bit as I surreptitiously sniff myself. Yeah, I definitely smell like I've had an exciting night. Maybe I should take a shower? But on the other hand... Were we actually going to be watching a movie or was that just an excuse to hang out more and see where the night took us? Aaaaaaaaaah, dating is complicated. I squeeza Cuda's hand. The good kind of complicated, though.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Home Again, Home Again


Thinkin' about it, everyone else kinda eats like poo poo. Oh sure, some of 'em do healthy stuff, but there's so much more than just eggs and salad. I can whip up healthy poo poo that's actually good.

...

I think I might just start doin' that. Not everything, people can handle their own fuckin' breakfasts and lunches and poo poo, but some of these guys could use a good dinner, 'steada the garbage they eat now. Yeah. Yeah I think I'll do that. Might be enough to have the big boys satisfied that I'm 'fitting in' here. gently caress it, let's do it. Not tonight though, this is all mine after the day I had.

I think I might make a big pot of ramen tomorrow. The good stuff, not that easy bake poo poo. Or maybe...

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 / MoT: Unlocked / Conditions: ANGRY

Getting flaming oil flung on you is not fun, but unlike certain vampires, my armor is not very flammable. Also, believe it or not, this is not even close to the first time I've been set on fire. (Nika...) So basically I dropped and rolled under something as soon as some of it splattered at me, snuffing the fire and getting out of harm's way in one smooth motion.

By the time I got back up he was already flying away. I wanted to stop him, really, but with the fire and Mom and Flaire... Lets just say I was okay with calling it a draw. For now. There would definitely BE a later.

Take a powerful blow via Never Give Up, Never Surrender. Savior:
[17:34] <mistaya> Taking some fire from a vampire~
[17:34] <mistaya> !r 2d6+2
[17:34] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 11+2 = 13!
On a hit you stand strong and choose 1... Taking +1 Team.


Okay, priority one, get the hell out of the burning building. (And maybe call the fire department...) I kept low and ran towards where I'd last seen Flaire. There was basically a wall of fire around us and it was starting to get really out of control. I didn't want the building to collapse on us, and I had used up most of my tricks. "Flaire?!" I yelled, finally spotting her through the heat haze. I couldn't believe it when I saw she'd been burned "Holy crap what happened?" I ran to her, and took one of mom's arms so we could share her weight between us. Some of the beams started to creak above us. "On second thought, never mind! Let's go!"

Which was easier said than done. The fire sprinklers had come on at some point, but they were not exactly made to deal with magical superfire and they weren't providing much cover. But the pipes ran right over the big hole Flaire had made in the wall... I raised my crossbow with just a plain old ordinary bolt on it. "I think the forecast is smoke, ash, and a chance of showers," I said, hoping Flaire wasn't too out of it to appreciate one last line.

*THUNK* --hsssss--

Water started torrenting out of the pierced pipe, washing us a path to freedom!

Unleash to Reshape Environment. Freak:
[01:09] <mistaya> !r 2d6
[01:09] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 9 = 9
If Flaire spends a Team to help then we're clear, if not I'll mark Guilty to feel bad that she got hurt helping him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Angry, Hopeless | Location: Final Fantasy Win Posing While Half-Dead

Holy poo poo, we beat him. We beat Dracula!

Well, not literally Dracula, since the real one's going to give me money - I hope, he's Bunny Bat's dad and she said he would - but still, Creepy Elder Vampire is out of commission! I'd feel super amazing right now, if not for the fact that my forearms and hair got burned and my hair's been slaughtered by my own flames and I'm inhaling burning warehouse fumes and I'm actually feeling terrible.

Silver Bolt isn't though - I really don't understand how he's still on his feet while I'm half-dead, but I am NOT complaining about it. He maneuvers over to us, probably locating us via the sound of my coughing, and it's like nothing even happened to him... he's here, he's leading Night Hunter and me (thank goodness he's helping with her, I'll never say it out loud but she weighs more than I am comfortable carrying) out of the warehouse, and I am super grateful for the help. "He used some Psychic thing - I can't control fire right now, I can only make more of it," I confess, though I'm quick to add in my own defense, "like in his stomach. How long does it take vampires to regenerate their internal organs?"

Spite aside - and trust me, that loving vampire messed up my hair, they are now on my arch-enemy list - Silver Bolt leading us out of here is half of things. The rest of the Vigil needs to contribute the other, and who's quicker to type out a message on their phone than me? "Alerting everyone else, they'll contact the League and emergency services!" I yell over the flames to Bolt, following him out and standing side by side with him as we support Night Hunter, the rain from the pipe overhead soaking the three of us as we rush through the flames I created. It's heavenly - I can't help but think about the literary symbolism of cleansing waters as I pass through them, laughing at his attempt at a joke. I mean... I'm downright giddy right now despite the pain, the sheer fact that we're alive is making everything glorious. Plus he's my boyfriend, so I owe it to him to laugh.

txt to the rest of the Vigil posted:

Need help, @ docks, locate my signal. We saved Night Hunter. Bring police and fire and ambulances. Post to my Twitter I'm busy tonight too.
Spending a point of team to raise Silver Bolt's roll to a 10.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2017 around 08:02

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«12 »