Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Silver Bolt

So, your sister answers, saying, "Hello, Colton residence."

"Hey Nika, where's mom?"

"Oh, she's out at work, I think. She wanted to talk about your team's mission, but something came up."

"Something big?"

As you ask, she sounds a little uncomfortable, saying, "Well... she said she was going to stop by the Yard to pick some stuff up, so... probably? As for the mission, from what I saw, it went pretty well." She pauses, and grin clear in her voice, she says, "Well... aside from... you know."

"Ugh, yeah, yeah I KNOW. Won't happen again... Hey did you catch the interview? What did you think about Flaire?"

"I mean, honestly? I always thought she was kinda annoying. Don't really like the whole social media star thing she's trying to get going. But... she seemed a lot nicer during the interview, so I guess she's ok. No need to ask what YOU think of her, though." She's reverted sisterly teasing, the worry from before gone. "

"Do you think I should ask her out? I'm thinking about it."

She laughs, saying, "Whoa there, Romeo. How long have you known her? Like... a week, two tops? Maybe hang out with her a bit more and see what happens." She adds, "Either way, don't worry. I won't tell mom. You know she'd hate the idea. Business is business is business."

"Hey she had us so it can't have always been that way! But... Maybe. I'll think about it."

"I dunno... Maybe with aim like that you're really adopted!" You're now sure you're gonna be hearing about this for a loooooong time.

"If you want to test my aim I can borrow Mr. Snuggles," I said as I threatened her old teddy bear.

You can almost hear the eye roll but she changes subjects, saying, "Anyway, you didn't choke during the interview. Still can't believe you're teamed up with a VAMPIRE though. That's crazy!!!"

"It totally is, but BB's... well, trying. I dunno. It's weird. I think she wants to do the right thing but it's not going to be easy for her. She's totally Dracula's daughter B-T-W."

There's a clatter as she drops the phone when you say that, and then she goes into a rapid fire question mode, "Is... is that like some sort of bad joke? Like, WHAT? Is he going to be dropping in to visit or something? How was this a good idea?!? Does Mom know?"

*laughs* "Nope I am dead serious. I have no idea if Mom knows, I wanted to ask her. I mean it seems like something she SHOULD know, right? But she didn't tell me, so maybe not?" I hadn't thought about Dracula coming to visit. That was kinda terrifying. "I hope she's cut ties with him but maybe I should ask..."

"...So... do you think it's really going to work or are you gonna have to..." She trails off, letting you fill in the blanks.

"...um, well, I'm just watching for now. If something like that happens I guess... I'd do what I have to. It's just... I mean I've talked to her, I know her name."

"Mom always said that makes it harder..."

She snorts, annoyed, and adds, "It's not fair! You're a real hero, and she's some monster out on parole. You shouldn't have to worry about saving the day AND keeping an eye on her."

"If you're worried about me, make me some more citrus grenades. I'm almost out," I said. "I gotta go, just wanted to check in and see what was up."

"Yeah, I'm holding down the fort fine. Don't forget to do your homework though! ...That was from mom, by the way. ...And I'll think about it. Anyway, talk to you later."

"I did it already!" I said, looking at the stack of books on the desk guiltily. "Careful, sis, or you're gonna turn into Mom before you know it."

"Ugh, then I could at least go out at night like the two of you!"

"I can't wait until I can leave all the sewer slimes and stuff to you," I said. "Love ya."

"You too, dork."

Bunny Bat, after spending the night patching things up with your team (...mostly), you head back out to make the delivery to Evil Eye. Lag's waiting there with her, but she doesn't look up from her phone as you come in. The expression on Evil Eye's face is palpable when you show up, but she waits until you sit down to say anything. She leans over, saying, "So... you came through, mate?" When you reveal the money, she sighs and collapses back into the booth. Without looking up, Lag says, "So, what have we learned, Eye?"

She begrudgingly says, "Yeah, yeah. I won't put things off forever, ok?"

After a bit of background explanation, you gather that this Jump Cut guy can control what cameras see. He's recently been threatening some small time crooks into paying protection so he doesn't rob some place looking like them, but now he's stepping up into the super-powered world and threatening powered villains with the same deal. He's really smart about it too. No one knows what he looks like because the messages are always written down and... well... no cameras.

Evil Eye adds, "Caught that fight of yours. Guess Ledgerdork might as well not have bothered, since he's just getting what he'd have gotten if he'd just sat himself down on the couch and waited for some superpowered goody two shoes to bust down his door." She gives a nasty smile and adds, "So... you and the fire girl are working together, huh? When you gonna bring her 'round here? She'd love a rematch, I bet."

Lag snorts, but still not looking up from her phone, says, "She spends all her time online. It's really surprising she manages to get any heroing done."

The rest of the night is pretty uneventful, but Evil Eye does make sure to thank you again before you go. She asks, "So, when you coming back by the hideout again? Let me know, and we'll make a right party out of it."

Clear two obligation with Evil Eye.

Barracuda, the girl's eyes go wide as she says, "Wow, thanks! You're the best!"

She's still waving and grinning as you swing off, and drat, that's got to feel good.

...Shame you didn't ever get that fight, though.

Flaire and Barracuda assuming you spend the night together, what normal, teenage subject comes up that you both talk about? Also, Barracuda, have you spent much time in Flaire's room before? What do you think of it, especially the part where it looks like she just lives here now? Just wondering, you ever thought of doing that? You don't seem all that thrilled with your parents or your "boyfriend."

Tatsu, well, poo poo, this night ended up a lot better than it could have, right? Do you go hang out with BB at the bar when she leaves? If so, Evil Eye assumes that you're her boyfriend, and no amount of protestations will convince her otherwise. Lag, for her part, mostly ignores you, but then her eyes go wide for a moment, and she shows Evil Eye something on her phone. Evil Eye looks up at you, triumphant, saying, "That explains it! You're both deaders! You got a list of coroner's reports half way across the country!"

Anyway, what trick are you going to be on the look out for that She just loves using?

____________________________________________

The Next Day

Silver Bolt, you wake up to find yourself CC'd on an email to the team sponsors. It contains your team's performance review, written by Wildfire. Some choice quotes:

"Leader gave useful field instructions that were followed reasonably well by team."
"Team performed well under pressure."
"Team discussed shortcomings and how to avoid them."

And finally:
"Performance: Above Average."

...That could have been a lot worse! Looks like you lucked out with Wildfire being your observer. Still, you probably won't be so lucky next time. How are you going to make sure the next team meeting isn't as much a fiasco like last time?

What do you do?

Barracuda, well, you knew it was coming, but you probably were hoping to put it off longer. But, by hook or by crook, Casey got you to agree to a date this afternoon. Where are you going, and why do you REALLY not want to go, aside from the company? How'd he sucker you into it, anyway?

Anyway, that's not for hours. Did you spend the night here? If so, what did you tell your parents? If not, what do you tell them about the bags under your eyes? What's your plan for the day up until your date?

Bunny Bat, assuming you got in touch with him to get the money you're planning on giving Flaire, you'll have to wait a bit for Dracula to get here, but once you find him, he'll . (He can move pretty fast when he wants to, but he's not great with technology. It takes a while to get any response. Usually at least a day.)

Anyway, you do have a bit of schoolwork to do as part of your league agreement. What weird message have you gotten from one of Flaire's fans? What's your plan for the day?

Flaire, what are you going to do today to impress your fans? Also, you have to schedule that photoshoot. And you should probably make sure BB's actually down with it first? Also there's the vlog to make it clear to your fans that you're both cool now.

Man, being a superhero is so much work! Good thing you love it so much!

Tatsu, yeah, you're sure of it. She's in the city, and She brought a few friends with her. You'll know 'em as soon as you see 'em, but what precautions do you want to take? Why were you planning on going out today, anyway?

Time passes for moves. Barracuda already rolled and got a partial, choosing to have her boyfriend obligation come up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

"Uh huh. And your powers are really to control water." My voice is thick with sarcasm, even if the line isn't very good. I peruse the fanart in silence for a moment, not really paying attention to it, mind elsewhere. "I'd love to, but I really need to get home...." I trail off, eyes scanning the room again. Flaire's so drat lucky, she can just kick around here all she wants, no need to worry about stupid boyfriends or parents or anything. Must be nice to not rely on someone else for money... Sure wish I could do that. But I'm stuck with who I've got. And it's not like I could stay here anyway, considering I've quit. Gritting my teeth, I make up my mind. "Actually, be back in a minute."

I go back out the window and up the side of the building a bit until I'm definitely out of earshot of anyone else, and call home. It takes some wheedling, but eventually I've convinced my parents that I'm spending the night at 'a friend's' house, someone from the student council who isn't actually my friend at all, because the traffic jam caused by Legerdeman's robbery got me stuck in town. Then I'm back through the window and into Flaire's room again. "Pulled it off this once." I don't think I could have stood going home after all this bullshit in my real, hero, life. "Lets watch some movies."

Determined not to discuss my former team at all while we're there, when we do get to talking, our most interesting conversation had to be the one about music I think. I showed her some of my favorite tracks, and she showed me some of hers, though mine were a lot better. We had a pretty pleasant argument about them, both of us getting louder and stupider as it got later into the night.

Still, the excuse would only hold so much water, so in the morning, I get up and go back home. Flaire as still asleep, so I left her a note on the window.

Note posted:

Flaire,
Had to jet, didn't want to wake you up. Thanks for the fun night
-Barracuda

Do you know what possibly the most boring sport in the world is? Baseball. You get about, oh, a minute overall of excitement for every hour you spend sitting in your seat watching people standing around and missing baseballs. So. Much. Fun. It's probably fun for the players, don't get me wrong, I could actually have fun if I was on the field batting I bet. But in the audience, blechhhhhhh. So naturally, that's the thing that Casey got us prime tickets to. In the Mayor's private seats -without the Mayor there, thank god- for tonight.

I couldn't even turn him down, because not only don't I have the a team to coordinate with anymore taking up that time for the internal justification, but he also presented it like a huge treat, going on about how upset I must have been about my recital being canceled due to the attack, and he wanted to make it up to me and on and on and its been so loooooong since we've had a date together (like a week I think) and in the end I just couldn't think up a good excuse why that didn't work until it was too late and I'd already 'agreed' to it. Maybe a supervillain will attack the game. That'd be nice.

Until then... I've already do my couple hours of piano practice, and my student council work, and I'm currently idly finishing up my homework for the next week, so I've got a couple options. Sit around home all day listening to music and being miserable (tempting), go out and see if I can find anything new on the mayor (probably pointless at this time of day) or... there has to be something I'd enjoy doing right now...

Eventually, I pull out my phone and sent a text, not entirely sure if this is going to be being miserable, pointless or enjoyable.

@Silver Bolt posted:

Meet me at Liberty Park Mini Golf? In costume. I want to talk.

Session move: Growing into the image of myself, Cuda doesn't need the team to be a hero: Superior up, Mundane down.

GodFish fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2016 around 06:17

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Out and About


BB's friends are kinda weird. They're nice, in their own way, but weird. I think I like the goth one better, doesn't talk much. Crazy accent on the other one, but I wasn't really gonna complain about what she was sayin'. If one of her friends is sayin' it, then it might help BB decide if it's true or not. Other than that, I didn't pay too much mind to what those three were sayin'. I listen enough to get the gist, bad guy doin' bad things, and then spent my time keepin' and eye, and a sense, out for the most mundane lookin' people. She likes to try and soften stuff up with surprises, and the preferred way of doin' that is takin' a goon, whether its a simple construct or suped up monster, and make 'em look like normal folks. First time a guy with a pot belly and a faded suit clocked me me with a dumpster was a bit of a shock, let me tell ya. And that's how I spent my time at the bar.

Well I took the only real precaution I could, and got Silver Bolt to rig this communicator thing up with somethin' like a speed dial. Anyway all I got to do is hit it and I should have back up on the way. I'm just takin' him on his word, since I don't know enough about this fancy crap to tell either way. And I headed out today for two reasons. Number one, she's gonna find me no matter what I do, so it might as well be somewhere more open than the base. Number two, I needed oil, brake fluid, and tires. Don't judge, that bike has been more reliable than anyone I've ever known, and I intend for it to stay that way. That's also why I left it behind, and am walkin' today. Don't want her goons wreckin' it.

Today is gonna suck.

edit: End of session move! Tatsu has grown closer to the team, after Silver(!) made him feel welcome. Silver gets Influence and I mark potential.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2016 around 05:10

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 / Conditions:

(previous night)

"That's great! I'll talk to 'Cuda tomorrow. She'll come around. Night Sunniva," I said, turning extremely red and hiding in my room as soon as I said it. I'd talked some game with Nika but the thought of hurting BB just made me feel cold and queasy inside, like I didn't think I could do it. Maybe I couldn't. I knew I didn't want to. Mom would be furious with me if she knew.

I totally forgot to do my homework.

---

(next morning)

Wildfire's report was way better than I thought it'd be! Fist pump! And next time I'm locking the doors (AND the windows, 'Cuda!) in the meeting room to make sure no one runs off in a huff. Or... maybe not. Getting a chance to cool down seemed to do the others some good. Maybe they just needed some more time to learn to... well, TOLERATE each other, at least. If Flaire and BB could make nice, anyone could. It gave me hope.

I was just about to start on that homework, (Math. I hate math and MY NAME HAS MATH IN IT!) when I got the text from 'Cuda.

SO LONG MATH.

Though uh... mini golf in my full hunter gear is a little weird. Just saying. Apparently not that weird though because we're not the only suits playing today. I picked out a green ball for myself and a bright pink one for 'Cuda, and let her take the first shot on hole one.

"I'll have you know I always putt under par," I said, twirling the club in one hand like a baton. Super strength and agility was all well and good, but putting took precision and calculation, not just intuition and raw power. I'd always been good at it. "So, what you want to talk about?"

----

Time Passes, Legacy Roll:
Asked everyone the three questions, Savior -1 from BB.
[14:35] <mistaya> !r 2d6+2
[14:35] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 10+2 = 12!
On a hit, one of them offers you meaningful encouragement, an opportunity, or an advantage.

Noting that I used my "Words of the Past" move with Nika last night, either +1 ongoing to resist Flaire's charms or mark potential if I go my own way.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

I drive to the Mini Golf course, stopping a few blocks away to head into a building and change, then go the rest of the way on foot. I'd actually been planning on just using it as a landmark to meet up, but Silver Bolt is already in line to get clubs and balls when I show up, and hey, it might be fun. At least it'll just be the two of us around on each hole so I don't have to worry about anyone listening in.

"Well, I got information on the Mayor, I told you before, remember?" I line up my shot, give the ball a whack, and sigh. Well, I might make it to par on this one. "Lazarus Corp is hosting a fundraising dinner for him soon, twenty k a plate. That's a lot even for usual corruption, something big is going on. I want to look into their end, and I'd rather not do it alone. Out of the two people I could ask, you're the obvious choice. The skills needed are a lot closer to yours, and lets be honest, I don't think Flaire can manage subtlety, if she's ever heard of it"

GodFish fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2016 around 06:17

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Uh, I sorta goofed, but go ahead and do your end of session moves too.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 4+1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Flaire's Room

Of COURSE she was able to convince her parents or whoever to let her stay out tonight - I really bet Barracuda used every trick in her arsenal to get them to agree, since it means a slumber party with me! I motion at the microwave I've got on my bookshelf, next to all the snacks I have in here, and it's already going with a big bag of some weird rainbow-colored popcorn a fan sent me a couple weeks ago. I pat the bed next to me, but only have the one blanket, so we'll have to share. She's just as ready to watch movies as I am, which is awesome! "Welcome back - and yeah, movie time!"

What followers is about two and a half different films (Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, Drag Me to Hell, and Shaun of the Dead) worth of discussion, eating snacks, and occasionally pausing the film to checkout a clip on YouTube or for each of us to put different songs we like on for the other to listen to and pretend to like. It's really fun to be honest, even though she refuses to talk about the Vigil and keeps pretending she actually quit the team for reals, but I totally know better. She's going to show up to help us out halfway through a fight just when we need her and be all badass about it, and then everything will be right as rain - but I guess I should humor her until then, so I avoid bringing it up agai.n. I'm being kinda generous about it though, after all I already let her pick all the movies but one!

Speaking of, at some point during Shaun of the Dead we both pass out under the comfy covers, the blu-ray title screen providing white noise as the two of us slumber...

Barracuda made Flaire feel closer to the team (really everyone did but Tatsu, but she did it most recently.) Gain influence (so shift her labels) and I'm taking potential / an advance! Picking Are You Watching Closely, from the Delinquent

---------------------------------------

It's pretty obvious as I wake up and reach over in bed and Barracuda's not there, and then there's a note from her on my window telling me she's left, to deduce that's she'd left already. Yawning, I place the note next to my cellphone, then head into my bathroom to take a quite-lengthy shower. Emerging twenty minutes later and changing into a tank-top and some yoga pants, then head towards the kitchen, hair still drying and phone and note clutched in my hands. It doesn't look like anybody else is around right now, so I guess I'll just pour myself a big bowl of cereal, put some coffee on, and start checking social media while I eat.

Looks like lots of messages since I stopped checking yesterday night, lets see - oh, couple dozen twitter DMs, few hundred responses there, some stuff on Instagram and Facebook and Snapchat and a few other locations as well... browsing through them real quick, I stop the screen from scrolling any further when I run across Wicked Elegance's tweet.

@WickedElegance posted:

@Flaire did a good job yesterday, @Firebrand. Let's all remember we're on the same side here.

Which... YES! It totally makes him look like an rear end, even if she had to be all political and not call him out. Plus there's an actual Senior League Hero openly backing me up, I have to look so incredibly cool! I look around the kitchen real quick to double check for teammates, but the momentary disappointment of no one being here to celebrate this with can't diminish my good cheer! Ohhh, I soo want to send another smug tweet at him right this second, but nah - got a better idea. Taking the note that Barracuda left on my window, I walk over towards the window, place it down in a good spot on the counter, and then grab my mostly empty cereal bowl and a cup of coffee and place them near it - it's definitely center frame, but then they're behind it in a diagonal, and then the sun's shining in from overhead so overall it just looks perfect. Taking a couple quick pictures with my phone, I select the best one and upload it to Instagram, and then link to it via a tweet.

@Flaire ✔️ posted:

Having a good morning, had a better night~ #MoonlightVigil

That should keep my fans occupied for a bit - now all I have to do is contact Brian Brocks about the photoshoot, double check that Bunyn Bat will even do it, start writing a script for the vlog, find some time for Silver Bolt, and technically defeat villains if there's an emergency or something?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 / Conditions:

I judiciously take a second shot on hole three instead of trying for the bank-off-the-windmill that I usually use to school Nika with. OK so I come here a lot. It's good practice!

"Fire tends to lack subtlety," I agreed. "But, 'Cuda, we're supposed to be superheroes. That means fighting criminals and villains, not politicians. I'm not saying he's NOT a criminal," I hastily add, "But what can we do about it? If we break into his offices or try to hack his computer, that's illegal. We could get into big trouble. And even if we don't, if he catches us, he could disband the team. It's really risky to mess with someone that powerful when we haven't got enough of a reputation to protect us."

I thought about all the other stuff going on. Tatsu's impending doom was starting to worry me, and Mom hadn't called me back yet. I was so distracted I missed my next putt. I sighed, frustrated.

"So... What do you want me to do? If I can help you without risking the team I will, but I got a responsibility here."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Back in the base

"Okay, first off, leave Ms. Fanservice alone. Last thing I need is you beating the snot out of her and ruining everything. Besides, we're cool now. Uh, probably. Anyyyyway, I have no idea when I'll find some time to drop by. Probably going to be on short notice. They got me on a pretty short leash regarding that kind of stuff, ya' know. But whatever. Anyway, you find out anything about that Jump Cut guy, you tell me, okay? I'll beat the poo poo out of him if he ever messes with any of you guys again. Show him the rules and all. Doubt anyone would miss him."

Looking at the time, I sigh.

"Ah, gently caress, we're already past when I'm supposed to be back. Gotta bolt! And you better not get into trouble again, you hear me, EE!?" I say as I dart off, almost dragging Tatsu along.


________

Ahh, much better. A good nights rest (It STILL feels weird to me, I'm used to sleeping in the DAY by now...) is always good. Doing my morning routine, I check my emails.

Let's see. One email from Dracula. ... I still can't believe he got away with using his real name. But anyway. Oh, wait, it's just some servant writing a return email for him. Apparently he's busy doing... something, I don't really wanna know what he gets up to, honestly, and will return in a day or two. Oh, cool. Sooner I can get Flaire's problems out, the better.

Next... My school assignment for today. Ugh. I get it why they do it, but ugh, school. I kept telling them I almost finished high school but noooooo they never listen. Oh gently caress, it's history. American history. Goddamnit. I suck at that, I used to live in Transylvania you know.

... huh? It just says "Bunny Bat and Flaire". What's this email about? ...

"GODDAMNIT FLAAAAAAAAAAIRE!"


Obligations: 2d6+1 9

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2016 around 15:48

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 4+1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Flaire's Room

I'm in the middle of washing out the bowl I was using for cereal when suddenly Bunny Bat's semi-adorable, semi-terrifying shriek reverberates up from the basement, and I'm so momentarily startled that I drop the bowl into the sink. Taking a second to make sure it's not cracked (looks like the edge got chipped a little, should be fine to eat out of still), I can't help but grin. I have NO idea what she's mad about, but it doesn't sound like the angry sort of mad, if that makes sense? "Be right there~" I call out, assuming that she and I are the only two people here because otherwise why would she be yelling?

Once the milk and cereal are put away and I've got my cellphone in hand along with Barracuda's note, I depart for the basement where Bunny Bat keeps her lair. While it was probably a smart move to keep the two of us on opposite ends of the base back when we weren't getting along, now it's just inconvenient for me. I mean, unlike everybody else on the team I don't have super or even regular athletics in my skill set anywhere, so it's not like I enjoy running up and down flights of stairs all day.

Finally arriving at Bunny Bat's basement level bedroom, I put one hand on the edge of the door-frame and my foot against it, and then sort of lean forward into her room, meaning my incredibly long and still semi-wet hair cascades forward enough to actually obscure the tank top and yoga pants I've got on some. I don't think anyone on the team is used to seeing me out of my uniform, but I felt like relaxing this morning. Anyways it looks like she's at her computer, wonder if that's what she's mad about?

Doing my best to sound like I've absolutely no idea why anyone would ever yell at me, I give her a giant smile when she notices me and then say "Need me for something Double B?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Back in the base


"W-W-What is this crap Flaire?! Why are YOUR fans sending me this kind of stuff?! I am NOT okay with this!"

Somewhat twitching I point at the monitor, which is showing... Flaire and Bunny Bat, kissing. With, well, several pieces of clothing missing.

"You know what! This is your fault! You teasing your fans so much encouraged this kind of behavior!"

On the screen, it incidentally also has the email folder open, the first one saying 'Dracula will be visiting within the week' in the header. Oh well, didn't mean to tell her right now, but whatever. I'll have to tell the team eventually.

"See? This is why I don't want to do this kind of stuff! Like your vlog! You'll have to bribe me to agree to still do it. I seriously do not want to deal with your fans sending me this kind of stuff every day! Hmm... let's see. Oh, I know! You could do my history homework for me!" I demand from Flaire.

I swear this has nothing to do with me sucking at history.


Provoking Flaire: 2d6+0 10 Provoking Flaire to do her homework assignment. Team if she does, Condition (Guilty?) if she doesn't.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Flaire's Room

One of my fans sent Bunny Bat something? I move into her room more, noting the coffin with a mixture of pleasure at having called that she had one and, uh, well fright because yeah, she's a vampire and while I can forget that occasionally something like that's a pretty stark reminder that she's undead and drinks blood and can turn into a bat or something?

Anyways, she's outraged about what is, all things considered, a fairly tame picture... which sets me to giggling the second I see it. Plus it's actually pretty well drawn, and I appreciate the (slightly) exaggerated bosom the artist gave me in it - though maybe Bunny Flat's mad about being drawn fairly accurately? It's cute if anything, no idea why she's so mad about it. We're public figures, people draw porn of us, it's how the internet works - and while yeah I may have encouraged it some, it's a Chicken or the Egg situation as far as I'm concerned. I'm about to helpfully inform her that at least the artist didn't give her a dick, but a) that isn't what she wants to hear right now, and b) she might ask to see the less tame ones, and yeah if she thinks she's mad now...

But then she wipes out my good cheer in an instant. She doesn't want to do the video with me anymore??? But I told people she was going to! My reputation's really important to me (says the person that's entirely cool with porn being drawn of her so long as it's well made), and Bunny Bat's saying the only way that she'll keep her promise from yesterday is if I do her history homework for her! And from the look on her face... I could TRY and argue, but it probably won't work. So let's see, should I give in? Is fame worth getting blackmailed over?

Agreeing to do Bunny Bat's homework for her, adding a point of team to the pool.

Hell yes it is. "OK, sure BB!" I give her a big thumb's up, glancing over her shoulder a second to read the title of the email she just got. Maybe if I'm extra-nice to her this next week, she'll get her dad to agree to take a selfie with me? That'd look awesome, right?! "You can just send me the instructions or whatever, I'll work on it this morning. Gosh, I mean it's been nearly a year since I've done ANY schoolwork, it might actually be kinda fun!" It won't, but I'm being so drat generous right now... because I need another favor from her.

"Oh yeah.... I almost forgot! You remember how I stuck up for you during the press conference yesterday?" Of course she does. "Well, I MAY have told one of the reporters that we'll do a photoshoot with him - a very tasteful one!" I'm already bringing Humans of Halcyon up on Facebook so I can show the type of stuff Brian does to her. "About both of us being heroes, our views on it, all that good stuff. It'd help out the team and both of us, and maybe even inspire some people. If I let Tatsu do the videoblog with us too, you'll be in it right? It'd mean an awful lot to me..."

Rolled a Provoke against Bunny Bat to agree to participate in the Photoshoot; got a 6, so marking potential and awaiting a hardmove~

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Back in the base


That... went a lot better than expected. Hah, weaseled out of history homework! Yessssss! Victorious, I click away the porn (and the entire email folder, revealing a blank, unchanged desktop background)

Aaaand she immediately wants me to do MORE of her stupid PR stuff.

"Ugh... I... I don't know? Did you agree to a date yet? If so, how close is it to your Vlog plans? I'd rather see how much of a disaster THAT will be before I agree to anything else!"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Flaire's Room

I'm actually kinda offended that Bunny Back has got a totally blank background. That's just... tacky. Clearly I need to get some of my fans to makeup a cool symbol for the Vigil, so we can turn it into a wallpaper for her computer!

Leaned back against the wall with my arms folded across my chest while the two of us converse, it seems she's got a few questions about the photoshoot for HoH, so I put her worries to rest as easily as I can. "Haven't scheduled it yet but it'll probably need to be soon... maybe we can do the vlog tonight, and then I'll talk to Brian Brocks - he's the guy that runs Humans of Halcyon, he's really sweet - to setup a date and time?"

Whatever, I'm so excited for everything that's going on (aside from the Homework of couse, but that's a small price to pay) that I'm peeling myself off the wall and giving her another big hug, this time minding the height difference between us and not letting her motorboat me. "Thanks a bunch Double B! I'm so glad we're getting along now, this is great!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Back in the base

"Hngh! When did you become so hug-happy!? And what's with the Double B thing!?" I retort, chuckling in between.

Shrugging, I gesture towards the traps i haphazardly stacked up behind the door.

"Yeahhhh... beats worrying about getting set on fire in my sleep by you or Silver, for sure."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

I'll take par. I bend over to fish my ball out of the hole, shaking my head. "I know that, we don't need to spy on the mayor or anything. It's Lazarus Corp. They've got something illegal going on, we just need to find it. Even if the Mayor isn't directly involved, he has to know its going on because they're bribing him." I lean against my golf club as I want for him to finish up his putting. "I'm going to break in there, and I could really use some help. Planning at least, you know a lot more about stakeouts and that style of thing than I do, but having a partner inside would help a lot. If you aren't willing to do that, just a pair of eyes on the outside to let me know if the police are showing up would be something."

<godfish> provoke silver bolt
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 10+2 = 12
Team for agreeing to help Barracuda with her raid on Lazarus Corp, take a condition if you don't

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Bunny Bat's Room

I give Bunny Bat a real quizzical look after she asks me about my hugging habit. "Uhhh, since forever? We just weren't getting along so I wasn't giving you any, but I'm a naturally affectionate person. I think it's my Phoenix Soul. Also you needed a nickname so I'm going with Double B." I play that off like it's just that simple, but... maybe twenty percent of that is true - and it's the part about me being affectionate. I NEVER hugged people if I could avoid it before I got my powers, I was legit socially awkward. So weird for me to think about!

Gotta admit to being bewildered by her having trapped her room. That's just, I don't even know. Raising an eyebrow quizzically, it's obvious she knows very little about how I think. "Bunny Bat, let's get one thing straight... if I was planning on attacking you, it wouldn't be when you were unprepared. I'd have to setup livestreams and post-fight interviews, tease it out in the press beforehand - the point is, I definitely wouldn't just ambush you or something like that, it'd be lame. Plus you're my teammate, so you don't have to worry, since we're both heroes!" That's definitely the proper priority for those two reasons.

She didn't just attack me though... maybe a smidgen too defensively, I also add "Silver would never attack you either, he's a sweetheart. Even if you basically MADE him do it, he'd probably miss on purpose." Like he definitely did earlier today.

Regardless, I actually have HOMEWORK now. Ughhh. The things I do for my teammates, I'm basically a saint when you get right down to it. "Going to head back to my room, but just email me the details on your homework and I'll write something up. Thanks Bunny Bat!" Extra hug for good measure, and then I'm practically skipping back towards my room, determined to check Twitter since it's been nearly fifteen minutes since I have!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Flaire, well your fans are there as always, perpetually waiting for the attention. They're still excited from the twitter exchange last night. So, what's the plan for the Vlog, anyway? Who do you tap to get some help on Bunny Bat's Halycon City History report?

...I mean, you're not going to waste the whole morning doing all the research yourself, right?

Oh, and by the way, you probably should come up with a prize for the fan art contest. There's the usual suggestions for celebrities (date with the winner, tour of the base, sidekick for a day, etc), but a few more unique suggestions also make it through your feed. Like, singing a song of their choice and posting it online, live-streaming you doing a movie marathon picked by the winner, or even just introducing them to the rest of the team.

Which one of those new ones is never going to happen and why? Also, what prize do you pick?

Barracuda and Silver Bolt, the two of you are getting your fair share of gawkers, but they're all staying well out of earshot. Oddly, as Silver Bolt noticed, you're not the only suit on the course. In fact, now that he turned around to tap his last shot in, it looks like... Ledgerdeman?

What. The. Hell.

What do you do?

Bunny Bat, well, now that you've offloaded that chore, you've got some decisions to make. Do you have anything you want to prepare for the vlog? ...Do you know what a Vlog is? Also, now that it looks like you'll have the morning free, what do you like to do in your free time? Also, do you mind that your friends basically think you and Tatsu are dating?

Tatsu, who's working at the auto shop that recognizes you? Do you ever let anyone work on your bike but you?

Also, which person in here reeks of Her magic?

What do you do?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Out and About


Michael recognizes me. Big guy, late forties to fifties, looks like he's pushing seventy. Probably did too many drugs when he was in his prime, so now he's stuck runnin' the register instead of somethin' bigger. We don't talk past me buyin' stuff, but both of us just know that we don't get along. One of those things ya can just tell, first time you meet a person, y'know? But it's all good, since we don't ever see each other outside of me stoppin' in here to buy stuff. It probably doesn't help that I don't let anyone here touch my bike. It's carried me across the whole country a few times, after that the least I can do is take care of it.

I'm in the middle of grabbin' the tires when I notice him. Dark guy, some kinda middle eastern type maybe, in suit over by the antifreeze. I put the tire back like I was just checkin' it out, and I turn and start makin' my way out of the store, droppin' my other stuff off on any shelves I pass. I've been made. Maybe not by that guy specifically, but if he's in here then she knew I was gonna be here, and I wanna get outside before this 'ambush' starts. No need to wreck up the place if I can help it. Now where are the rest of them?

(12:43:04 PM) ShootaBoy: Assess the Situation
(12:43:04 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+1
(12:43:05 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 7+1 = 8
How best can I end this quickly?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Back in the base


Well, the thing about being a vampire: Going out in the sun kinda sucks. And I particularly don't feel like ruining my nice and smooth skin by turning it into sunblasted leather, you now? So... I kinda just stay indoors during my free time, practicing with my powers and stuff. There's still a lot of things about being a vampire I don't get or can't do yet. Like, you know, hypnotizing people with actual resistance to it, or turning into fog. The second could be really useful I feel! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work anywhere like turning into a bat does. And Dracula refuses to tell me about it, something about being too young or something? How does that even matter? I don't get it.

Tt's kinda funny. EE thinking I'm dating Tatsu. But hey, I'm certainly one to enjoy seeing people flustered. And Tatsu get's flustered so easily, it's great.

Also, uh, I still haven't figured out what a Vlog is supposed to be, but it's got to be one of these things were you talk to a camera and it's super weird and stuff. Well, whatever. I'm sure Flaire will explain it properly.

Other than that... I need to talk to Silver about the whole Dracula coming for a visit thing. Surely, he's around here somewhere...

...

He ain't? Huh. Oh well, I'll just call him.

*ring* *ring*

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 / Conditions:

"Alright, alright!" I put my hands up in surrender. "I've heard of Lazarus Corp before, they're into some shady things. I can at least help you plan an entrance." I don't want to commit to more than that quite yet, not until I've done some real research, but it's hard to turn 'Cuda down when she really wants my help. I gave her a cheeky smile. "You should really be training to be a lawyer, if you want to go after all these corporate criminals." (+1 team!)

We started moving to the next hole. My phone buzzed. I recognized the number and answered it. "Hey BB, what's up?" I said. And right as I said that, I saw Ledgerdeman, two holes up from us and on the other side of the lake hazard. I almost dropped the phone I was so shocked. "Um, BB could you check the news real fast and see if Ledgerdeman got out on bail or something because he's PLAYING PUTT-PUTT right in front of me!"

I snapped a picture of him and sent it to her as proof.

----
[15:47] <mistaya> assessing the putt putt course
[15:47] <mistaya> !r 2d6
[15:47] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 8 = 8
Q: What here can I use to recapture Ledgerdeman?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

I beam at him. "Thanks Ma-Silver Bolt! I knew I could count on you." Behind my mask I roll my eyes a bit, "no, I think I'll pass on that. You sound like my parents." Heading to the next hole, I give his phone a dark look when he says its Bunny Bat on the other end, but quickly get distracted when he points out Legerdeman. What the heck is he doing here?! I shift my golf club to the off hand and reach back to unsling my gun from it's holster on my back, getting ready to take him out if he makes a hostile move.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Flaire's Room

You're drat right I'm not doing it myself! I didn't drop out of school to be a hero in order to do schoolwork, after all - I did it to be a famous and beloved hero that fights for justice and gets amply rewarded for doing so. Besides, Bunny Bat doesn't want me doing her schoolwork. True, Elyse got pretty good grades... but I haven't gone by that name in forever; I'm not really that person anymore. So I'm definitely going to tab Marida to do it for me - she definitely owes me one, and she'll do an amazing job because she's an amazing nerd.

Reaching my room again, I shut the door behind me and then flop down onto my bed, checking my phone as I do. Turns out people are loving the exchange from yesterday night, with Wicked Elegance's final shut down the cherry on top of the whole situation. It's so glorious.

First I email the instructions to Marida Dash concerning Bunny Bat's schoolwork, along with early notification of who I'm picking for my contest in case she cares and an invitation for the two of us to do lunch soon. If Dracule (oh my god actual Dracula, I still can't believe it) is seriously going to like give me a check or something, I can totally afford to eat out again - er, not that I should ever be paying for my own meals, of course it's an honor for anyone to pay for my relatively dainty meals!

Once that's done, I send out another tweet. Gotta let people know the contest prize, see if I can't get any amazing last minute entries due to the excitement it generates. Pretty pleased with the ideas so far, but I know WAY better than agreeing to sing random songs for the winner - they'll probably have horrible taste. Same goes for the movies, but I kinda almost want to make it that one. Riffing on movies, especially with Barracuda and Silver Bolt, would actually be really hilarious. poo poo, I about want to hit myself for never having thought of it before.

@Flaire ✔️ posted:

6 hours left on art contest, so time to reveal prize! Will watch any two movies winner picks + comment on them with teammates #FlaireContest

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Back in the base


"You're loving kidding right? Uh, hold on."

Going back to my room, I open up the online newspaper. (Hah, I knew these things would be useful! Only heard about this last week!)

Wait, you're loving kidding me.

"Yeah, newspaper says he's out on bail. They're holding his staff hostage or something. Did they ever consider that maybe he has ANOTHER staff!? gently caress this reeks of bullshit so strong I can smell it from here. Where you guys at? I'm coming. Should I get Flaire too?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Barracuda and Silver Bolt, as both of you keep an eye on him, he obliviously makes his way to the next hole. He drops his ball on the mat and then gives it a sharp tap. It rolls down the green, banks off a pair of rocks, and stops just short of the hole. He glances to either side, and then he makes a slight gesture with his hand. Suddenly, his ball lurches forward and drops into the hole. You watch as he smugly writes down a hole in one on the par 4 hole.

Cheating at mini-golf. The fiend.

What do you do?

Tatsu, Well... you could just... give up? Or, well, "give up." I mean, her flunkies aren't that smart, and it'd keep this from getting out of hand while people were around. Just go with him for a while until you see a chance to make a break for it. But, that might be your style, so the alternatives are fight or flee. Fighting here would put people in danger, but you might get lucky and finish him before her other minions got in place to corner you. While, if you ran for it, they'd surely have time to catch up with you, but you could move this somewhere less crowded.

...Yeah, if there was any doubt, you feel that there's a few more around the block to your left, so if you make a run for it, go right. You'll be headed towards Halycon City High School, but it's Saturday, so... no worries about catching anyone in the crossfire. And, hey, if it gets smashed up, you'll REALLY be a hero to the other students.

What do you do?

Flaire, after you successfully fob off the assignment on Marida, you go back to basking the adoration of you online audience. But, 15 minutes later, you get an email from Marida.

quote:

Flaire

Found something really weird when I was researching.
Don't wanna talk about it online.
Meet you at Galaxy Arcade?

Marida

So, that's why you're now waiting outside the Galaxy Arcade. There's no sign of her, yet. Thankfully, you've got a full battery and plenty of time to kill. ...and is that Tatsu across the street? Huh, he looks like he's in a rush for some reason.

What do you do?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Out and About


High School it is then. I can't really manage 'subtle' at all, and if I'm lucky I can keep it confined to the parkin' lot. But uh, I don't really feel like slowly leadin' them there and then havin' to listen to one of them start yammerin' on about how I'm surrounded and should just give up and come back and blah blah blah. It's really tedious and time consumin', and I just don''t wanna deal with that crap today. So let's see if we can't speed this up a little bit.

One finger, two finger, FWEEEEEEEEET! "Hey! You morons mind speedin' this up? I don't feel like spendin' half my day on you chumps!"

Yeah that should get their attention. And now it's time to run for the school. Hopefully they'll take the bait, I wasn't kiddin' when I said I didn't wanna spend half my day on this crap.

(11:33:34 AM) ShootaBoy: Provoke Her Goons
(11:33:34 AM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+1
(11:33:35 AM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8+1 = 9
Tryin' to get them to chase me instead of this slow ambush crap.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Near Galaxy Arcade

Oh wow, if Marida thinks whatever she's found is serious, it almost certainly is. Grabbing my uniform and changing really quick, I'm sending a response saying that I'll meet her there as I'm heading out the door. No real reason to rocket there, so it's either walking or public transport time. Yeah, really wish our team had a car, since riding the monorail in my hero uniform is always intersting. Sometimes I meet fans, sometimes people want pictures of me... and a lot of times people ask me what I'm advertising or who I'm cosplaying as. It's annoying.

Then again, as I board the mono, at least I can have my phone out the whole time. Grinning at the other two people in my compartment as I take a seat (they're probably fans of mine) I withdraw my cell and start tweeting again, unable to resist checking my social media accounts more. It's amazing, between the fight yesterday, the press conference after, and my adroit handling of the situation with Firebrand, I'm blowing up right now. God, I love the Moonlight Vigil and being a hero so much, this is the best ever. Just imagine how many followers I'm going to gain in the next couple days!

Thoughts of stardom playing through my head and ego-stroking messages and tweets scrolling across my phone, I'm walking towards the Galaxy Arcade with plenty of time to kill when all of a sudden who should show up but a worried and hustling Tatsu? I've no idea how he doesn't spot me, so for a moment I'm content to watch, mouth agape, as he starts to yell like a crazy person about wasting time on people - except he seems to actually be right about it. There's definitely a few people and they're after my teammate, ahhh! poo poo, what to do? Think Flaire... Got it!

Wasting no time at all, I bound forward into the street, starting to summon up my magic as I do. If these idiots are after Tatsu, it's my job to help him out and stop them - and I have the perfect way to do it. Striking a dramatic pose and pointing an accusatory finger towards the three of them, I call out to make sure everyone nearby can hear me, and all the while red light starts to glow in front of my hand, slowly changing to yellow and then to white as it gains power. "Have no fear, Flaire's here!" Oh poo poo that's good, I better remember that.

It looks like I have their attention - it's time for the show. I smile at them, and then point up directly above me... which naturally they follow. "Look out!" Flicking the hyperconcentrated fire from my fingertips up towards where they're looking, I detonate it once it's at the perfect spot. This spell's custom, and it's one of my favorites - very very big on style. It's basically Don't Look At The Sun You Dummy, but I have a way better name for it. "SOLAR FLAIRE!"

<Rauri> Are the goons chasing Tatsu Watching Closely
* megane (~Sam@synIRC-FC1B2DC9.austin.res.rr.com) has joined #swampthings
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+3=9
Picking you get an opportunity and you confuse them for some time, both via blinding them with fire magic

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions:

"We're at Liberty Park," I told BB. "Um, it's probably not a good idea to make a big scene out of this," I said, loud enough to make it clear I was talking to 'Cuda too. "So maybe ixnay on the air-flay. But yeah, get over here if you can!"

I hung up the phone and tried to think what our best course of action was. Hah. Course. Cuz it's a golf.... nevermind. "Alright um, I guess he's out on bail, and he's not doing anything illegal currently... but..."

Oh yeah!

"Hey 'Cuda, BB said she heard that someone was extorting the local villains for money," I nodded towards Ledgerdeman. "Maybe we should ask him, you know, nicely, who it was? It might have something to do with Lazarus Corp!"

Provoking Barracuda to go interrogate Ledger for me:
[22:13] <mistaya> !r 2d6
[22:13] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 5 = 5
Noooope! Marking Potential.

mistaya fucked around with this message at Aug 30, 2016 around 05:15

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Back in the base


"Alright, gotcha. Looks like Flaire bailed on me anyway. I'll be on my way so don't do anything stupid, okay?" I reply before the conversation ends and then make haste to Liberty Park.

Because honestly I don't trust him not to do anything stupid.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 30, 2016 around 05:36

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

I blink a couple times, slowly reattaching my gun to my back. "why even bother..?" He's not even playing with anyone! You can just... write whatever score you want on your card. I turn my head to look at Silver Bolt and shrug. "He got out on bail and came to play mini-golf?" This guy is seriously weird. He's got a point though, if someone did force him to steal that money, it might be Lazarus Corp, someone else, or my suspicion, the mayor. Something else to address first though.

"You told Bunny to come here?" Though my eyes aren't visible, my tone of voice makes it clear what I think of that. "Guess we better make this quick then." With a leap, I'm standing on the small windmill next to Legerdeman, balancing easily on one foot. "Hey Legy. Cheating on your golf score is a bit of a step down for you, huh? Guess your rehabilitation is working then." I grin, showing a lot of teeth. "So who was making you steal all that money?"

<godfish> provoke legy (spill the beans)
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+1 = 7

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Bunny Bat, Well, it's the middle of the day, you can't turn into a bat, AND they're all the way across town.

So, you take the monorail. As soon as you walk on, the car clears out. Looks like you've still got a bad reputation around Halcyon Heights. What dastardly act of villainy did you do to put the fear of you into them?

What do you do when you get to the park (after Barracuda and Silver Bolt act, first)?

Barracuda, Ledgerdeman stumbles and falls on his butt, looking up in surprise as you loom over him. But, he looks away, saying, "My council has decreed that I should only discuss the forthcoming legal skirmishes with them, and I shall abide by their wishes." Then he looks up says, a little unsure of himself, "And... I haven't performed any action that would be considered a breech of my release upon good behavior! You are harassing me for no reason, knave!"

Take +1 forward against him, as you've thrown him off balance. Both figuratively and literally.

He then adds in a petulant tone, "In addition, I was simply correcting a flaw in this unkempt green! If the course was not so poorly kept as to develop lumps, my original stroke would have struck true!"

What do you do?

Silver Bolt, while Barracuda runs off, you get a text from your sister:

quote:

Mom didn't come home last night. You heard from her?

Now Barracuda's on the windmill and Bunny Bat's on her way.

What do you do?

Flaire and Tatsu, the two waiting around the corner move towards Tatsu as he yells out his challenge. However, before they can give chase, Flaire lets loose with her blinding attack.

Tatsu, take +1 forward against the trio of puppets, as they were rushing towards you when Flaire blinded them.

Now, the three of them are in the middle of the street, stumbling and groping the air in front of them. However, there's a teenage couple who were either too starstruck or too curious to avoid looking at the obvious trap, and they're also stumbling around in the group.

Flaire, why do you recognize the boy from school, even a year after you dropped out?

Tatsu, from the few times you've been to school in the last month, the girl made an impression on you. How?

What do you do?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Back in the base


This... is kind of awkward. Heroes aren't really supposed to ride monorails. Much less former villains. And honestly? This is part of why I've been a villain for so long? See, people... they kind of remember when you pull some poo poo.

And these people? They do remember, of course. Hell, I think one or two even were on the monorail we hijacked back then!

Yeah, we hijacked a monorail. Full of people. Look, it we needed an escape! It uh, may have ended with the drat thing nearly crashing if not for timely hero intervention... but hey, we escaped. So uhm...

Awkward....

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

"That's why I haven't done anything to you Legy." I hold my hands open, palms up. As if it mattered. I could grab my weapon in about... well less than a second. "You know... the lumps are supposed to be there, you have to account for them when you putt."

Anyway, getting away from the point. "Well, you don't have to tell me anything, it's true. I wanted to try and get whoever it was locked up, but if you don't want that, nothing I can do about it. I'm sure Flaire would be disappointed,." I sigh, shaking my head theatrically and hop down from the windmill, moving back towards Silver Bolt. "but its only natural that you wouldn't want to work with one of the heroes who brought you in. Don't let me disturb your game then." It's a good thing Flaire mentioned (once, or twice, or a couple more times) that Legerdeman was a fan of hers while we were hanging out last night. Didn't think it'd come in useful, but, maybe it will.

GodFish fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2016 around 04:44

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Near Galaxy Arcade

So, uh, my bad on that one then? Whatever, I'm going to play it off like accidentally blinding two innocent people is no big deal, since what if someone's recording this on their phone? There's definitely civilians about (I just blinded two of them) so I definitely have to look cool yet hot to everybody here. Er, well, all but two people here, and I gotta at least sound cool to them. This barely even counts as heroism, it's easy - we've basically won already. But that doesn't mean we can't make this look good, reassure the civilians, have some fun and, well, obviously we can use every fan we can get. So with that in mind, I take a step forward, take a deep breath, visualize my performance - and here goes nothing!

<Rauri> Time for the Show
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+3=12
3 Hold, spend one further down in my post so actually 2


A dramatic wind picks up just as I spring into action, making my long hair flutter and shine in the sunlight. I resist the urge to wave to the crowd, and instead face the trio that was stalking Tatsu. "Don't you three know that stalking's against the law?" Really managing to walk that thin line between sarcastic and serious I need to make that line work for my brand, I'm proud of myself. The grin I've got on my face doesn't need any work, I've practiced it often enough - plus I'm authentically pretty pleased with myself right now - that it's about as natural looking as can be.

"Tatsu, you got those three - I'll protect the civilians!" He actually listened to me last time, unlike everybody else, so hopefully he will now. Silver Bolt's not here, we don't have a leader, and he should totally do what I said... since I sort of need him too, I'm already springing into action. Fire igniting beneath my feet real quick, I take off (dramatically) with jets of fire trailing behind me. It both looks amazing, and also importantly, it'll help me save the civilians while looking stylish as hell.

It's not until I'm close that I recognize the one. See, uhhh... I didn't always have powers, or look this good, or basically be the epitome of what any reasonable person my age (or any really) should want to be. I used to be kindof a dork, with few friends and no followers and no boobs and brown hair and memorized stats on basically everyone involved in the superhero scene - but one of those few friends was Matt Kaibun. He was like one of maybe seven people that even knew I existed a year ago - and that's definitely him, even if he's here with a girl on what looks like a date and that's impossible.


Matt Kaibun - Flaire's Former Friend and Fellow Nerd

Dashing with blazing speed towards the middle of the blinded trio, I leave Tatsu to hopefully do his thing while I lead the other two away - gently caress if I can carry them, I don't have super strength or even regular strength. "It's Flaire, I've got you both - you're safe now." From being blinded by me again for at least a little while, sorry Matt. Definitely speaking loud enough for the nearby civilians to hear, but I'm looking at my former friend all the while.

I... I kinda can't believe it. I haven't seen anyone from my old life in forever, and he just happens to be here? On a DATE?! It's insanely distracting to imagine the kid that sat around with me bemoaning school dances and talking about who the objectively best hero and villain are suddenly being noticed by anybody but our little group but good for him I guess! Totally not distracting me at all!

<Rauri> Defend Civilians
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+1=9
<Rauri> Flaire is killing it
Taking Influence over Matt (who I am also spending 1 hold to say admires the Moonlight Vigil) but exposing self to risk.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2016 around 05:29

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Out and About


So I barely turn around and start runnin' when there's a huge flash behind me. Oh greeeat, Flaire's here. That's just wonderful. Now I get to do this in the middle of the street, with people around, and I gotta deal with Firecrotch. Beautiful. Exactly how I wanted this to go down. Yup. At least she got the civvies out of the way, so she's at least tryin' to make up for this botch, even if she doesn't know it yet. Speaking of civvies, I might never go back to school after this, 'cause of course one of them had to be Jace.

Her actual name is Jackalyn, but she hates that her mom wanted to give her a 'unique' and 'special' name, and plans to change it the second she turns eighteen. She's one of the track girls and she's apparently a fan of the team and I know all of this because she won't leave me alone. Nothin' I do seems to matter. Not silence, not ignorin' her, not even falt out tellin' her to go away. She just keeps talkin' to me. So yeah, not exactly happy to have her in the middle of this, 'cause if she was annoyin' before, oh man she's gonna be insufferable after gettin' saved by some of the team.

Anyway, since it can't be avoided now, and the civvies are clear, it's punchy time!

(3:41:19 PM) ShootaBoy: Directly Engage the Goons
(3:41:19 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+3
(3:41:20 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8+3 = 11
(3:41:23 PM) ShootaBoy: rekt
Going to resist their blows, and impress, surprise, or frighten them.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions:

Mom didn't come home last night.

For a second, I forgot all about Ledger and 'Cuda and everything else that was going on. Nika wouldn't text me that unless she was worried. More than worried. It wasn't like Mom never spent a night out, sometimes she'd be gone for a week or more on a big hunt... But if that was going to happen she always told us ahead of time.

She hadn't said goodbye.

None of this seemed important anymore. The game, the criminal, 'Cuda's crusade on the mayor... I needed to go home. Now.

I picked up my golf ball and threw it to her, both to catch her attention and because I knew she'd catch it. "Hey! I gotta run!" I shouted. To Ledgerdeman I simply said: "You better quit cheating at putt putt!"

I took off running before anyone could stop me.

To Nika posted:

No. Call grandpa. I'm on my way.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Silver Bolt, you head for the parking lot and make for your cycle. As you head for home, I'm sure all sorts of bad memories pop up. Like... When's the last time your mom REALLY got hurt? How long was she out of commission?

Nika's waiting for you at home, sitting at the kitchen table assembling a citrus grenade. When she sees you come in, she drops everything and runs to give you a hug. She says, "Gramps is on his way, so he should be here soon." She pauses and looks up to you, as she asks, "I mean... she's probably fine, right? We're just doing this because it's what she taught us to do... right?"

She doesn't look at all sure.

What do you do?

Barracuda, Ledgerdeman puffs up in defiance of your threats to report his "bad" behavior to Flaire and says, "If the Sorcerous of Flame wishes to partner with me in order rid the city of the scourge you speak of, I would be happy to assist her! If you choose to relay that message, I would be most welcome!"

As the two of you stare each other down, Silver Bolt yells that he's gotta go and then... well... bolts.

...uh... that probably wasn't good. Silver Bolt looks pretty freaked, and Ledgerdeman looks after him, worried. He looks up at you, drops the pretentious manner, and says, "Um, you think he's ok?"

What do you do?

Bunny Bat, after you have your very awkward train ride, you get there in time to see Barracuda perched up on a windmill above Ledgerdeman, and Silver Bolt tearing out of the parking lot.

What do you do?

Tatsu, you do what you do best, weaving in and out of their powerful blows all while tossing them around like rag dolls. You do notice that they're taking damage much easier than you are, and they don't seem to be healing either. However, one of the pair you're fighting seems to be getting their vision back as he actually blocks one of your blows. Still, these chumps must have been a rush job.

What do you do?

They're afraid. Not of you, perse, but you all know how She treats failures.

Flaire, as you lead the others out of the fray, a fat, middle aged asian man roars and charges at you. You nimbly dodge out of the way of his blind flailing, but then you see him catch a corner of the building and knocking it clean off. You hear a sickening crunch as his hand visibly breaks in multiple places, but he doesn't seem to mind as he readjusts and charges in your direction. Unfortunately, the pair of civilians are behind you at the moment, so dodging again like that is out of the question.

What do you do?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Near Galaxy Arcade

drat do I make this look good. My coat's fluttering about dramatically while I dodge this weirdo's clumsy charge, and I'm about to make a cool declaration when suddenly he shatters the side of that building - and his hand - like neither's a big deal. I'd just figured Tatsu had been a jerk to a couple people he shouldn't have... but these clearly aren't people, at least anymore. "Oh that's gross dude!" I can't help but exclaim, trying to assure anyone that just saw this guy's hand shatter that we're both on the same page vis--vis how loving sickening it was.

I guess I shouldn't have said anything - he's charging at me again, and I can't dodge this time! If I do, Matt and his girlfriend or friend or whoever are going to get hurt, since they're right behind me and they can't see. I only have a split second to do something, everyone's watching me, but my friend will get hurt if I mess up...

Goddammit. Why did it have to be someone I actually know?! "DUCK RIGHT NOW!" I make sure to shout first, and I can't help but sound less composed than I usually do.

Only after that do I look back towards the charging freaky chubby guy, trying to utilize my magic on the fly in such a way as to not just vaporize this guy. "Let's turn up the heat!" I remark, doing just that - let's see if this guy can charge into a localized temperature spike that I'm fully immune to without backing off or passing out first!

<Rauri> Flaire Directly Engage Goofus
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5=5
<Rauri> yup

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Liberty Park


I arrive on the scene to see... Barracuda having a nice chat with Baldy and Silver bailing. Uh... just what the hell did I miss here?

"Uh... heyyyy there... I'll just, uh--, you look like you got things under control, Cuda. I'mma go after Bolt, okay? Seems important!"

Well, actually I hope she doesn't and Baldy explodes her, but honestly I don't think it's gonna happen. Anyway, I quickly turn around and chase after 'Bolt. He may be a hunter but there's no way an ordinary human can outpace a vampire if they really tried.

Unless it's sun out and they're wearing a dress. Goddamnit why did I choose a dress as my outfit?

Ah, nothing to worry about. Silver's no Night Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Out and About


Crap. I was hopin' to have this done with before they could see again. Guess it's really not my lucky day. I can hear Flaire yellin' stuff, probably some dumb attack name she spent more time workin' on than trainin'. Whatever. Not my problem. These idiots, they're my problem. And I'm gonna solve it with, you guessed it! More punchin'!

(12:45:52 PM) ShootaBoy: Punchin' Mans
(12:45:52 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(12:45:53 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 3+2 = 5
(12:45:59 PM) ShootaBoy: well then
Huh. Potential I guess. This is kinda short, but I figured the punching was gonna be a sure thing.

  • Locked thread
«13 »