Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Silver Bolt, your shot catches him right in the cheek and sends him cartwheeling back through the air! He shakes his head to clear it. Then, he raises his arm over his head, and a jet black orb appears in it. He hurls it at you, but you roll right under it and launch another pair of bolts. But, as the sphere passes by you, you feel... a little afraid! That's some spooky black energy! Who knows what that could do to you!

...As it flies past, though, it doesn't seem so bad. It would have hurt, yeah, but you'd have survived if it had hit you. In fact, after eating another pair of bolts, Solace seems to agree that you've got the upper hand, turning tail and fleeing towards the ramp!

Solace marks afraid

You spot Barracuda coming up the ramp and standing between him and freedom. You could try to make sure Solace doesn't get away. On the other hand, the Scarlet Songbird is still on the pitcher's mound. Now the audience has started to march down to the field and is putting valuables in a few different sacks. But... how are you going to get close without falling asleep? It's one thing if it's coming through the speakers. It's another to get close to his hypnotic mandolin!

What do you do?

Barracuda he waves of the necklace, saying, "Don't... worry about it. It's just a necklace. Not worth you getting hurt over." He's less ok with you going out for help, but as he tries to get up, he rises only an inch before having to fall back down. Realizing it's not like he can stop you, he just says, "Be careful, ok?" He squeezes your hand and says, "And please come back in one piece?"

After slipping into the other bathroom, you barely make it back to the fight when you see Solace flying right at you! He got a nasty looking bruise on his cheek, and it looks like he's hi-tailing it from Silver Bolt.

What do you do?

Tatsu, she's getting worked up throughout your story, and right when you end, she finally boils over. She yells, "Fine! If that's how you feel, then I'll just go tell everyone about what happened, and let THEM decide!" She whirls around and storms out of the alley towards Flaire and the boy from before, leaving you alone.

What do you do?

Flaire, he listens closely as you explain what happened. He's still a little upset, but after a moment, he nods and says, "Yeah, that makes sense, I guess."

He shakes his head and grins, "Ah, what am I doing. Like I could stay mad at you, El- er... Flaire." He gives you another hug and starts laughing, "It's so great to see you! It's like you came back from the dead or something! And back there!" He gestures towards the remnants of the fight on the street. "You were fantastic! I mean, I've watched some news stuff and YouTube videos before, but it's totally different being here!" He starts miming some of the moves (poorly) and then laughs as he starts to lose his balance.

He looks incredulous when you ask him to keep it a secret. He lets out a *pshaw* and says, "Of course I won't tell anyone! We're best friends!"

Then, his eyes go wide when you invite him to the base, and he says, "Yeah! That sounds amazing! Just let me know when! You still have my number?" He pauses as he thinks about the implications of you still having it and says, "Well... probably not. Here, let me write it down for you."

That's when you hear some yelling and the girl that he was with before comes storming out of the alley. You catch a glimpse of Tatsu down there. She makes a beeline for Matt. He winces and says, "Don't know what got into her, but I probably need to go. We're working on a project for science class, and I haven't gotten doused in toxic waste recently, so..." He shrugs, a bit bemused and then says, "Definitely catch up later, though! It's really amazing seeing you again!"

That was nice, huh? ...The other girl, though... She seemed a bit bent out of shape. And was Matt... into her? Or was he just wanting to get the project done? Does it really matter to you?

What do you do?

Bunny Bat, you half drag Lag away from the arcade with you. After a block or so, she's sullenly walking under her own power to the monorail station, just in time to see Flaire in the middle of the street. There's some signs of a fight, and Tatsu's lurking over in an alley. As soon as she sees the scene, Lag taps the side of her head as she tries to remember something. Then, it comes to her. "Isn't that the girl you and Eye did a number on? Looks like she and your boyfriend had some fun?"

What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Near Galaxy Arcade

I totally return the hug, super pleased that he both accepted my apology and wants to keep hanging out! Not to mention he's not going to tell anybody anything about my secret identity either, so that's pretty fortunate for me too. Also? Him trying to imitate my moves is adorable~ "No, I don't..." I confirm when he asks if I still have his number, though I'm quick to tap the one he gives me into my phone. Same one he used to have, if I remember right. "Awesome! Thanks dude, we'll definitely hang out soon!"

That girl he's partnered up with for his Science project seems mad about something (probably jealous of me, which is understandable so it's not like I'm upset by it) and rushes over to snatch my friend away from me. Since she's here I can't be too personal about it, so I just give them both a playful wave and grin. "Have a fun day you two~ Remember to follow me on Twitter, kay?" It's a reasonable request - I did just help save both of them!

With those two off on more mundane endeavors, guess I better retrieve Zomboy and see what he wants to shout about next. If he's getting randomly attacked, probably better get him to head back to the base - then I can go visit Marida and gossip / discuss the homework she's doing for me for Bunnybat.

Putting on a brave face and walking over to him, I'm going to be the bigger person here. Maybe it's having spoken to Matt, maybe it's just the thrill of success with the crowd, but whatever it is I'm feeling a lot calmer than I was earlier. Also, little less injured. "I'm sorry for how stuff went earlier - I was just trying to help you. I saw things about to attack you, and you're my teammate even if we both know you don't like me..." I cannot recall a single nice thing he's ever said to me, and I'd like to think I've got a good memory for compliments I've been paid.

"So that's why you should head back to the base," I suggest, leaning against the wall and subconsciously posing as I do. "If stuff's out to get you, we need to talk it over as a team, and until then you should head somewhere safe. I know you can't die or whatever, but whoever's after you probably knows that too, right? And if they're still after you, it means they're after something else about you or they have some way around it." It's pretty basic hero logic. When a villain that can't beat a hero or vice versa starts acting super smug, you just gotta assume they have at least one ace up their sleeve - and Tatsu's pretty publicly survived my fire's and getting golem-stomped and a host of other attacks, so it's not like they wouldn't know.

I'm not sure if he's going to listen to me, but I hope he does - and I'm watching him closely to see how he's taking things, how I'll need to adjust my sales pitch. Gotta know your audience, and I'm really good at reading people after all~

<Rauri> Flaire Pierce Tatsu's Mask
<Rauri> !r 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5-2 = 3
Potential get

Rauri fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2016 around 09:43

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Galaxy Arcade

Tatsu! What do you think you're doing in there? Do you think you could use shadows to hide from a VAMPIRE!? Wait, why ARE you hiding? Are you hiding? Just what the hell is going on here?

Waltzing in unannounced, I immediately begin to question Flaire.

"You have five seconds to explain what happened here before I assume the worst. What the hell happened here? And why is Tatsu just lurking over there? You better not have done any funny business with my boyfriend, Flaire!"

... wait a minute... did I just blurt that out?

gently caress I can FEEL my face going red. Thought that was impossible, being a vampire and all!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:

Running out of the bathroom, I immediately duck into the bathroom next door, and pull all of my clothing off and stuff it in my bag, then dig my Barracuda Mask out from the bottom of the bag, mentally cursing for not doing it the other way around. Finally attired, though without my gun, since it wouldn't have fit in my bag, I head back into the hall, break open a janitors closet and hide my bag in that, then jam the door shut and head back towards the box, finally. Bursting into the box, I see Solace flying right towards me, running from Silver Bolt. Nice work Matthew!

"Nice Pitch!" Grinning broadly, I reach to the side and pick up a decorative baseball bat, probably in this box because it was used and signed by someone famous for some famous run or something, and swing it right at the incoming super villain! This is more like it! Barracuda, finally getting a chance to just brawl with some scum! Something I can just enjoy, and not have any irritating regrets about. "Batterrrrrrr up!"

Affirming identity as Barracuda.
[23:58:18] <godfish> directly engage solace, as cuda
[23:58:20] <godfish> !r 2d6+2
[23:58:21] <Krysmbot> godfish, 10+2 = 12
resisting blows, taking away his mobility (broken leg)


*CRACK*

Haha! Eat that punk! I didn't aim for his head, obviously, because I didn't want to kill him, instead I aimed it for his leg for a bit of payback, and from the sound of it that broke his leg right back. I leap backwards gracefully, and land one footed on the back of a seat, lean forward to stick my butt out predominately, and tap it with the bat twice, smirking. How do you like the look of it now, creepo? "Swing and a hit... yes, I do believe it's a HOME RUN!~" Ahh, this is what it's all about! Barracuda strikes again! Actually, no strike here, she scores again!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 3/5 / Conditions:

"Hell yeah!" I yelled to 'Cuda, once she took over the beat-down on gothboy. I would really have to ask her what took so long later, but for now I sure wasn't going to complain. Turning my back on them for the moment I saw Songbird's scheme in action. Though I really had to question his idea here because who brings valuables to a baseball game? I bet there were as many nachos and hot dogs as dollars in that sack of his. Whatever. Can't let him get away with interrupting the game. "You take care of this one, I'll get his boss!"

Hand-crossbow was way too small to reach him from here, good thing I had the BFC. I slipped it off my back and loaded it with a wide-tubed bolt, then put one foot on the edge of the box, and leaned over to aim. It was a long shot, to say the least, but this one couldn't hurt anyone if I missed so might as well try. Hmm, no, it was still too far to just shoot. I'd have to loft it. I leaned back and aimed UP, feeling the wind. I decided not to aim at him directly, it would be way too hard to nail a moving target, but I was almost sure if I just aimed directly for the pitcher's mound, that'd do it. The bolt was filled with fire-suppressant foam, which seemed smart to keep on hand when Flaire was on my team, and I figured getting foam all over Songbird's mandolin would make it a lot harder to play and hypnotize people with.

Wait for it, wait for it...

*TWANG*

I didn't wait for it to land, had to get down there quick. So grappling hook to make a zipline, and wheeeee! Down to the cheap seats!

---
Directly Engage Songbird
[05:16] <mistaya> !r 2d6+3
[05:16] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 2+3 = 5
[05:17] <mistaya> D: noooooooooooooo
Marking Potential ;____;

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Silver Bolt, your aim is dead on, but the Scarlet Songbird makes a run for it. Despite his age, it looks like he's still pretty spry. And now that you've got his attention, he focuses his magical music on you, causing you to drift off for a moment. Before you know it, your grip slips, and you take a tumble right into the seats.

Take a powerful blow

In addition, it looks like your crossbows are tangled up in the grappling hook line, a good 20 feet up! Scarlet Songbird looks excited to see you and directs his music back to the crowd emptying their pockets into the sacks on the field.

With a grin, he crows, "Ah ha! You dealt with my minion, but you have yet to deal with the mastermind! I only hope you won't take your failure too hard, son!"

What do you do?

Barracuda, you're standing over Solace, who's holding his leg and howling in pain. He doesn't look like he's got any fight left in him, and he just looks up sullenly at you.

Solace markes hopeless.

However, you've got a problem. It looks like Silver Bolt ate some chair, and the bad guy's closing in on him!

What do you do?

Tatsu, Flaire's practically an open book to you. She's always so overeager, and this is no exception. Now... what would a gloryhound like her be getting out of this...

Act as if you rolled 10+ on Pierce the Mask.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty | Location: Out and About


I'm just finishin' up with leavin' a few little dents in the wall here, brick is more fun than concrete, it crumbles nice, when Flaire comes over with an... apology that sounds, mostly, sincere. It's Flaire though, so of course there's somethin' else she wants, she's too upfront to hide much, easy nut to crack. From what she's sayin' she seems to think that she knows what to do here better than I do, despite me havin' dealt with these idiots a lot longer than she has. Feh.

Then Sunniva shows up out of nowhere with her one friend, Lag if I remember right, and she gets on Flaire's case. And then she calls me her boyfriend. I should be a shitton happier to hear that, but I'm just too angry right now. I'm still happy, don't get me wrong, but I'm more angry than I am happy. What I need right now is some idiot thief to punch. That'd sort out a lotta my problems pretty quickly.

"It was just a few of my old friends droppin' in BB, that's all. They're dead now. Dunno why Flaire was out here, but she 'helped' get rid of 'em."

Sunniva already knows about the kinda guys these were, so my tone on that part should make it clear. And also show how much I valued Flaire's help.

"So it was nothin', really. What are ya doin' out here anyway?"

Questions!
How can I get Flaire to actually fuckin' listen to me about teamwork?
What are ya really plannin'?
What do ya want me to do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:

"Since you got hit, I'll let you walk. If you can." Snickering at the baseball pun, I move away from Solace to the edge of the box. Looks more like we have two problems. Silver Bolt's obvious one, and the still hypnotized crowd. Hmm. Yeah, Silver Bolt can take of himself for now, probably! Turning on my heels, I run out of the box and back into the hall, looking for something small, bright, and red. Only once I'm down a little ways does it occur to me I probably should have told Silver Bolt what I was going to do... Whoops. He'll be fine though! Yeah. And, there it is! A fire alarm! Adjusting my grip on the bat, I swing it hard at the alarm, smashing it to pieces and setting it ringing across all the sound systems! That should break the hypnosis!

[17:10:29] <godfish> defend crowd from hypnosis
[17:10:32] <godfish> !r 2d6+1
[17:10:33] <Krysmbot> godfish, 5+1 = 6
using a team from ignoring Silver Bolt's predicament, oh dear, to make that a 7 by boosting Savior and lowering Freak
maybe we can escalate the situation by causing a panic via sudden release of hypnosis?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Near Galaxy Arcade - Alley

Before Tatsu can respond there's a Bunny Bat out of absolutely nowhere! Stupid physical powers, I bet she like... did that weird silent creeping thing vampires do in movies. Also she's got some friend her too, which is weird since I honestly figured she didn't really have many. Anyways, that main point is she's shown up and all four feet of her is going max inquisitorial towards me, acting like I messed around with Tatstu (they're dating?!) behind her back. It's absurd on so many levels, and I'm just about to set the record straight when Tatsu doubles down on making me feel unwanted. Thanks dude, super happy you're on my team too.

Whatever, the undead duo are done chattering dem bones, so I'm gonna speak up now. "Yeah, I got lariat-ed by one of the zombies that was after your, uh, boyfriend." I undo a button on my shirt and pull my top down some, showing off the newly forming bruise. "But we managed to beat them, so hooray us - or at least the press thinks so anyways, since I put on a good show." I really did, by the way - no one's offered my any congrats for it either!

Smiling at both of them, I finish my explanation. "I was only here because, well, Bunny Bat... I outsourced your homework to a supersmart friend of mine, and we were gonna meet up for coffee and games at the Galaxy Arcade and then discuss some stuff, including your homework." That's reasonable of me to do, I'm actually fairly sure she'll be happier with that anyways. "I have NO interest in Tatsu, you seriously don't need to be worried about him being interested in me either."

Turning towards Tatsu, I just say this. "I seriously don't get what I've ever done to you dude, but whatever it is - sorry or something."

Turning away, I wave over my shoulder at them. "I'll see you two later, gonna go hang out with Marida for a while." They're supposed to like me. Everyone's supposed to like me, but they don't! Why? I seriously just don't get it at all, and it's bugging me as I stalk off, pleased with having the last word and already remembering how awesome those civilians think I am...

How can I get Flaire to actually fuckin' listen to me about teamwork?
Maybe try being nice to her even a single time, and then couching your teamwork ideas in ways that aren't overtly critical of her? Basically - if you give her even the slightest proof that her efforts to get you to be nicer to her are working, she's going to respond super positively and will listen for a bit.

What are ya really plannin'?
Flaire assumes Tatsu is in danger because she just some him get attacked and he clearly needed her help, so she's trying to convince him to go back to the base so she can go about the rest of her day feeling guilty for not wanting to stick around and guard him.

What do ya want me to do?
Flaire legit wants Tatsu to get along with and like her, both because they're on a team and because she assumes everyone should like her. Right now she wants Tatsu to admit she did the right thing trying to help him when she saw him in trouble. Also she really wants Tatsu to do a VideoBlog with her and Bunny Bat watching and riffing on movies.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2016 around 07:21

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Galaxy Arcade


"Oh. Ohhhh I get it now. Sorry, you just kinda... looked suspicious. What with Tatsu lurking in a alleyway, and all that. Anyway, I was just coming back from having solved a problem without violence! It really does feel awesome! This hero stuff might just work for me."


"Hey, wait up, Flaire! I brought my friend here cuz Silver asked for her help. Speaking of which, there's some really odd moment going on from Silver's communicator. As if he's running all over the stadium. We should probably check that out?"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Oct 14, 2016 around 20:45

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty | Location: Out and About


I don't get Flaire. One minute she's actin' like we're supposed to be buddies and then she's off talkin' about the press and her fans and crap. It's like she's two people, one a gigantic, fame obsessed prima donna, and one that might actually be a real person. I really don't get her. She somehow doesn't see why I don't like her, despite the fact that I've flat out told her why. Ah screw it, I''ll ponder the many faces of Flaire later. Right now I wanna hit somethin', and it sounds like Sunniva might just have somethin' for me to hit.

"Betcha five bucks it's some nutjob in a mask doin' somethin' evil and/or stupid. Let's go bail dear leader out, BB."

Aw yeah, this is the stuff. None of this 'dealin' with people' poo poo. This is somethin' I can actually understand.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 3/5 / Conditions:

Taking a Powerful blow via 'Never give up, Never surrender'. (legacy move)
2d6+3 = 11! You get an opportunity or opening against your attacker.


First of all, OW, second of all, OW, and third of all, I needed to add some earplugs to my kit. Luckily, 'Cuda saved the day with the fire alarm as I was pulling myself out of the tangle of chairs.

First thing's first, need my crossbows back. Good thing I've got my utility knife! I threw it at the post where the grappling line had attached and it severed the wire neatly, dropping my crossbows on my head back into my hands. I slipped my hand crossbow back on and lifted the big one.

"Half-time show's over, Songbird!" I yelled. This time I was close enough to get a bead on his mandolin. *TWANG*

Directly Engaging (with Savior, from Fight the Good Fight )
2d6+3 = 7, Taking his magical mandolin from him

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Silver Bolt, looks like Barracuda had an odd idea about helping after you took a nasty fall, but... it sort of works. The blaring siren distracts him enough to give you a clean shot. The arrow bounces off the mandolin(stupid cheaty magic), but it does fly out of his hands, landing between first base and the dugout. Panicking, he tries to run for his mandolin, but that's when the crowd goes wild! Between the sudden fire alarm and Scarlet Songbird losing his mandolin, the crowd is panicking and running for the exits, tossing you and him every which way. Songbird, for his part, is trying to weave his way through the crowd. He's got some pretty good moves for a middle aged guy, but he's not making much progress.

Take a powerful blow and Songbird is insecure.

What do you do?

Barracuda, as you slam the fire alarm, the music cuts out as well. There's a single moment of stillness across the stadium, which is promptly shattered by everyone in the stadium running for the exit! You end up trapped in the stampede, getting hit and trampled every which way.

Take a powerful blow from the stampeding crowd!

Down on the field, it's a riot! No one knows what to do, and both Silver Bolt and Barracuda are caught up in it! What do you do?


Flaire, you text Marida about the possibility of meeting a whole superhero team, and she's there in a flash. She's grinning as soon as she rounds the corner and sees the three of you (plus Lag).

Talked about this bit in IRC

Bunny Bat, Lag groans at the mention of going all the way to the stadium and says, "Is this gonna be an all day thing or something? I thought I was just gonna play tech support and then bugger off. I did have plans."


Team BESTEST FRIENDS, First off, how do you get there in a hurry, and three of you (Lag and Marida) don't really have a good way to move quickly, right? After all, you're across town from the stadium.

Anyway, after Barracuda and Silver Bolt make their moves, you all arrive at the stadium. Lag and Marida duitifuly wait outside. Mardia pulls out a little notepad and starts writing while glancing at each of you, while Lag pulls out her laptop and sits on the hood of a car. After a moment, she's dead to the world as she's locked into... whatever she's doing.

What do you do?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Oct 17, 2016 around 04:56

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Near Galaxy Arcade -> The Stadium

I totally WAS going to keep dramatically storming off, but then Bunny Bat revealed that Silver Bolt might be in trouble - ahhh! Making sure to give BB's nerdy-looking friend a wave, I quickly chime in with my opinion once Tatsu shuts up, all the while tapping out a few quick messages on my phone. "Either that or he's training... yeah, that's totally weird and worth looking into. Looks like we'll need a ride though, since I'm bringing a friend along and neither of us can fly." Or all fit on Tatsu's bike. Good thing I'm famous and basically everybody loves me, I bet I can just ask and we'll end up with something cool!

txt to Marida posted:

Hey sorry for change of plans - gotta run to stadium with BB and T to check on SB, but you've waited on me for a while already, so wanna come along and we'll hang out right after?

@Flaire ✔️ posted:

Anybody near the Galaxy Arcade that has a vehicle the Vigil can borrow real quick -need room for 5 - I'll pay you back~ #MorninglightVigil

And just like that, my phone starts beeping practically incessantly with messages - most of them basically useless, but a few of them are from people close by and with cars they'd just love for me to use. Perusing my options, I send a reply to the lucky winner with a link to where we are on GoogleMaps. "Found us a ride, should be here in a minute or so! Oh, and hey Marida!" I give her a wave when I see her, glad that this is all working out so incredibly well!

Rolled The Audience in IRC, got a 6 - BB or Tatsu, feel like spending a team to improve that?
On a hit, someone in your audience can hook you up. On a 10+, they'll only make a small demand. On a 7-9, their demands are a lot higher. On a miss, you've made a mistake, and your audience won't help you until you've redeemed yourself in their eyes.


----------------------------

As I pull the borrowed Firetruck (that I managed to not crash on the way here) into the Stadium parking lot, sirens and emergency lights definitely still blaring, I feel it's worth mentioning that I don't ACTUALLY have a driver's license. Definitely insisted on being the one to drive it though, because I mean it was my fan that (probably shouldn't have, but doubly good for him) let me borrow it real quick. Probably should've held out for the stretch limo, but that've gotten us here a lot slower, and there really is a possibility that Silver Bolt is in trouble so time's a factor... and besides, driving this thing here was actually pretty funny, if apparently worrisome for the other passengers. Like I said, we made it here in one piece, no one should be upset!

Unbuckling my seatbelt, I'm about to open the door when a really good idea occurs - and I did get us here super quickly by driving through all the red lights we hit, so I've earned us an extra second or two. "Hey everybody!" I look at the people on the seat next to me, then those towards the back. "Gather up, taking a picture real quick to send out!" I'm sure Marida's gonna be stoked, and it won't hurt to show my fans all of us gathered up like this in this truck, looking all cute and cool and heroic - this is about to be the third battle I've been in in less than twenty-four hours, and being this busy is definitely cutting into my social-media time!

Once everyone's gathered up (I'm not unlocking this thing until Tatsu does, I'm sure he's going to try and hold out) I put my arms around BB and Marida, angling the camera so it get a good shot of all of us - with me obviously in the center, looking incredible and smiling brilliantly - and then take it, the image already uploading to Twitter as I do. And with THAT accomplished, it's time to go save Silver Bolt!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Galaxy Arcade


Bunny Bat, surprised by the sudden touch, jerks up and produces a quite hilarious facial impression JUST as the flash signals a photo being taken.

Oh boy... Well, at least it'll look great on Flaire's Twitter. Probably.


Spending Team on Flaire's roll.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty | Location: Parkin' Lot


Uuuuuuuuggghhhhhh. I hate this. I hate everythin' about this. I would just take this stupid door off, matter of fact I probably should just so we could be in there already. But no, here I am bein' dragged into so stupid fuckin' picture. The stupid setup is takin' so long, that I finally lose it and turn, pull back my leg and... get caught in the pic. Uuuuuuuggghhh. Angry side shot better be fuckin' good enough, I swear.

"Let's go already! Unlock this door before I unlock it permanently! We got actual work to do!"

I hate this so much.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at Oct 18, 2016 around 19:45

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions:

[14:00:16] <GhostFish> take a powerful blow from ungrateful crowd >
[14:00:18] <GhostFish> !r 2d6
[14:00:18] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 6 = 6
[14:00:28] <GhostFish> ~


Ugh - dammit, ow, can't these stupid people watch where they're going?! I should have thought this through a bit better, OW, if only I had my grappling hook! No, I'm not getting hit by another person trying to escape! In a brief moment -more like second- of calm, I take a deep breath in, focus, and move. A person coming from the left, barreling past me. I twist, and they brush past, now two straight on, shoulders locked together - my hand goes out, resting lightly on their shoulders, and my body lifts up, flipping into the air, so I rest one handed on top of them. No room to land now, so I continue the flip, putting one foot down on the head of the next person. I push off with my hand, carrying the flip into a leap, landing on another shoulder, then another, until I've made it to the top of a vending machine. I pause there a moment, eyeing the crowd. That's... not going to work long term. Or rather, it would, but I'd end up knocking people down and getting them trampled. Not a good plan. Instead of that, I move as far back on the vending machine top as I can, and then sprint forward, shifting my legs so I'm running along the wall, aiming for the next vending machine, garbage can, etc, then the next, then the next, parkour style.

[14:23:59] <GhostFish> unleash abilitys (gonna bomb)
[14:24:02] <GhostFish> !r 2d6-1
[14:24:02] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 4-1 = 3
[14:24:06] <GhostFish> who called that :v
[14:24:18] <GhostFish> me, the ghostfish
or, you know, I don't.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 4/5 / Conditions:

Taking a Powerful blow:
[17:39] <mistaya> !r 2d6
[17:39] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 4 = 4, marking potential!


Getting run over by a panicked crowd of baseball fans wasn't exactly my idea of a good time. From the stands I got the heck out of the choked aisles and started jumping down over the backs of the chairs. I dropped down to the field, where it was moderately clear, and made a beeline for First Base. If I could get to the mandolin before he could, then he wouldn't be able to do much, but he was a lot closer and I was still dodging stragglers.

We were racing towards it, running full tilt, but he was going to beat me there. I had a clear shot at his back but taking it could seriously hurt him, and that wasn't how I wanted this to go down at all. Oh, IDEA. I loaded another grappling shot and fired it on an angle, in between Songbird and the mandolin. As soon as I heard it stick in the dugout wall, I skidded to a stop and pulled back, so the line was taut. Instant clothesline! He should trip right over it!

"You can't run the bases until someone hits the ball, Songbird!" I yelled, which was not actually all that clever but I was tired and bruised up and couldn't think of anything better.

Directly engaging Songbird, via Savior from FTGF.
[17:56] <mistaya> !r 2d6+3
[17:56] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 5+3 = 8
Taking his momentum so he can't get to the mandolin!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: The Stadium

Yusssss, that selfie is going to look amazing! Unlocking the doors since Tatsu's acting like we've been on the road for hours and he needs to use the restroom (I swear, for a tough biker guy, he is WHINY), the three of us here that are actually on the Vigil head into the stadium. It sounds like there's tons of people inside, and I can definitely hear Silver Bolt shouting over the din - that was a decent attempt SB, but luckily now I'm here, and I can help you out!

Sprinting ahead of my teammates out onto the field (or turf or diamond whatever it's called), I chime in right after Silver Bolt's done with his line. "Besides Songbird, it's the Vigil's turn at bat!" I think that's a Baseball thing. Also, who the hell is Songbird? I'm definitely looking around for... oh that's probably who Silver Bolt means, the guy he just tripped. Posing at them, I send up some bright flames around me, hoping to pull everyone here's attention in my direction. Second battle in like, thirty minutes - but I'm a total professional. Beaming at friends, foes, and civilians alike, I'm mostly just happy with how many people are here (though also kinda disgusted, since they voluntarily attended a baseball game) to watch my performance!

<Scauri> Flaire Time For The Show
<Scauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Scauri, 7+3 = 10
<Scauri> 3/3 on 10+ results on those, Flaire is the best Star
Gain 3 Hold, not spending any quite yet


I don't know what's going on here still, so I guess I'm going to have to improv. Can definitely tell that Silver Bolt's focused on a villain named Songbird, so I've got that to work with - let's start with them. The fire around me is nice and high now, burning bright like a spotlight as I face off against this foe. "Sounds like you've got audio covered - how about some visuals?"

Drawing the magic I'm controlling into a tight sphere in my hands, I grin - then let it burst his way, just like I did when I entered the fight with Tatsu. Unlike then, I'm definitely doing a better job controlling this spell - there's no way I end up blinding anyone on accident AGAIN. "Solar Flaire!"

<Scauri> Is Songbird Watching Closely?
<Scauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Scauri, 2+3 = 5
This'll work out just great. Marking XP.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Galaxy Arcade


Playfully pinching Lags cheek as she complains, Bunny replies. "Quit your whining, you could have been stuck in community service for a work, or in the hospital."

Moving on, Flaire immediately does her thing. Which is putting up another miniature goddamn sun. In spitting distance of me.

"GODDAMNIT FLAIRE! How often do I have to tell you? MY EYES ARE SUPER SENSITIVE TO LIGHT!"

Backing away from the goddamn fireball, I instead close my eyes and try to find opponents via sensing their life force. ... Fucks sake, even with my eyes closed it's way too loving bright!



Unleashing to find the villain hiding out in there: 2d6-1 6

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty | Location: Stadium


For fucks sake Flaire! I don't know how, but I swear that you are gonna learn some fuckin' teamwork after this!

So, I'm blinder than... I dunno somethin' that's really blind. Whatever. My point is that I can't see poo poo thanks to a certain someone. But hey, I don't need to see to get inside the stadium, I only need to see to use the doors. And really, who uses doors to get around these days? Not me! I know the general direction of the field, I'll just stop when I'm not hittin' any more walls.

(2:12:01 PM) SpookaBoy: Doors are for Chumps!
(2:12:01 PM) SpookaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(2:12:03 PM) Krysmbot: SpookaBoy, 8+2 = 10
(2:12:06 PM) SpookaBoy: yessss

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Flaire, the fireman who lent it to you said that you could have it as long as you turned out for a fundraiser for the local fire department. It's set for a week from today, and it's going to be an all day thing. Just gotta be there, play nice, and be the draw for the crowds.

Honestly, sounds like he's doing you a solid both ways, but that's just me.

____________________________________________

Barracuda, you take a tumble and fall right back into the crowd, none of whom seem to care too much about your superhero status as they panic to get out!

Take a powerful blow

Your tumble lands you at the feet of you to the feet of Hannah pushing her way through the crowd. She looks at you shocked for a moment, then she glares at you and yells, "Get out of my way! I'm trying to find my friends!" She's not making much headway against the press of people, tiny thing that she is. In fact, she gets pushed back to the ground!

What do you do?

Silver Bolt, he tries to slide under the line, but his arm gets caught on the line, sending him tumbling through the crowd.

Songbird marks afraid.

He glances over at the Mandolin, knowing that he can't get it in time. You see his heart break as he realizes that he has to leave it behind. But, he turns to look at you, puzzled, then relieved. The last thing you see before the world goes blindingly bright is him grinning and covering his eyes.

Flaire, you're fine, of course, but as you can hear, your teammates are less than lucky, not to mention the crowd! What was a panicked crowd is now a panicked, blinded crowd! Also, the Scarlet Songbird is trying to escape into the crowd!

What do you do?

Everyone on the field, you're blinded, courtesy of Flaire! Make sure to account for the fact you can't see in your next move.

Silver Bolt, After that, you feel him jump on top of the line you're holding. Before you have a chance to think, he dashes across it with surprising grace for his age and yells, "Make sure you tell them that I, the Scarlet Songbird, outwitted you today!"

Then, he's gone. You're down on the ground, and you can feel the crowd around you thinning some, but... there's still plenty of people here! Someone's gonna get hurt if things don't calm down!

What do you do?

Bunny Bat, closing your eyes and listening for heartbeats... isn't the brightest (pun intended) move right now. You're annoyed with Flaire, with getting judged as a villain, and who knows what else. And in all your running around, you forgot to eat! You need blood, and you need it now! What do you do?

Tatsu, you charge and end up knocking down a good dozen or so walls to make your way into the stadium. Fortunately, you don't hurt anyone, and even open up another way for the panicked crowd to get out! Good job! Unfortunately, the crowds are occupying the whole passage, keeping your friends stuck outside from joining up with you.

What do you do?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Oct 21, 2016 around 03:40

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions:

[20:40:34] <GhostFish> take a powerful blow, again
[20:40:36] <GhostFish> !r 2d6
[20:40:37] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 9 = 9
[20:40:39] <GhostFish> oh nooo
giving ground to songbird


Ow ow drat ow! I had a nice perch on the next vending machine, but this stupid herd of people almost tipped it over showing past it, knocking me right back into the stampede. Ugh, great, Songbird or whatever his name is off doing something in the stadium, fighting Sliver Bolt probably, and I'm stuck out here trying to get through a relentless stream of people, unable to do anything. What a waste of time! A bit of slightly less than elegant rolling gets me back upright, but not without being stepped on several times, and I pop up in front of Hannah. Just for a moment, I forget she doesn't know who I am, but that's right, I'm Barracuda, and she's - she's about to get trampled as well! Crap!

[20:50:03] <GhostFish> defend hannah
[20:50:08] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+2
[20:50:09] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 5+2 = 7
exposing myself to danger, of feet!


I dive forward, passing between several people jammed together, and roll as I hit the ground, coming up next to Hannah and pulling her back up to her feet. "Be careful!" I chide her, making sure she's steady, then leap away, heading back through the crowd towards one of the entrances to the stadium seating I can see... As long as none of the jostling crowd I'm in the middle of hit me AGAIN.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty | Location: Stadium


Eeehhh, friends is a strong word. Except for Sunniva. Anyway I still can't see poo poo, thanks again Flaire, but I can tell that there's people everywhere, and they're moving towards anywhere that gets them away. Which is good, I guess. I can't hear any super fightin' goin' on, but that doesn't mean much with all the people yellin' and screamin'. So I'm gonna have to try another trick I've picked up.

Ya ever feel a big truck comin' down the street? Yeah, vibrations. Comes in real handy when you're hidin' in the dark, waitin' for a would be ambusher to give themselves away. It's gonna be hard as poo poo to do here, again 'cause of all the people runnin' around, but I've been around Sliver Bolt long enough that I should be able to pick him out with all the people behind me. Hopefully, anyway. It's about the only thing I can do, so I'm gonna do it.

I slam one foot into the ground, followed by my hands. Then I take a breath, and focus. Where are Silver Bolt's dainty little steps? Yeah I said dainty, guy walks like a girl.

[12:53:43] <ShootaBoy> Asses the Situation with Vibrations
[12:53:48] <ShootaBoy> !r 2d6-1
[12:53:49] <Krysmbot> ShootaBoy, 5-1 = 4
Whee! I finally get an advance! Will post it in the OOC thread when I figure out what to take.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 5/5 / Conditions:

"Hey, get back here-" Nope, he's gone. Everyone else started to show up but Flaire decided to blind all of us, and the crowd, which was already totally out of control.

Good thing my goggles are light resistant! After the initial flash nearly blinded me they adjusted quick enough that I wasn't totally screwed like almost everyone else. I stood still for a second, trying to think how to fix this.

Come on Silver... Got to be something...

Well, there's the crazy mind control mandolin, right? I mean, not to mind control everyone but calming them all down would stop people from getting hurt. I picked it up and gave it a strum.

OK so I know like one song on guitar, right? It's got strings, it can't be THAT different. Even if it is magical or something. It's just a toy, really, if I held it like he had, just so, it should work...

"Calm down, guys,
Calm down, you guys,
Proceed to exit, in-an-orderly-fashiooooon,"
I sang, strumming away.

I may have overestimated my musical abilities.

----

Silver attempts to Unleash his Powers of gadgetry and old-school tech by using Songbird's mandolin to calm down the crowd!
How's that go?
[14:58] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 5 = 5
NOT WELL. Marking potential.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 3
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: The Stadium

Whoops! Definitely didn't mean to blind everybody - drat, it is SO not going to be easy for me to play this off as intentional later. Bet I can convince the public of it anyways, my teammates are a totally different matter - sorry guys! The crowd's panicking and blinded, so there's no point showing off to them, and it looks like the villain is trying to get away! Given that I sort of messed up and am the reason he's able to do this, I literally HAVE to stop Songbird or it'll make me look really bad, and I can't allow that sort of damage to my brand.

Nobody's in position to intercept the bad guy, since everyone stared directly into my attack instead of looking away. Bet Barracuda would have since she's super speedy, but she also quit the team I think? Which sucks. So that just leaves me, with no one to show off to, and a villain that needs stopped. Bad luck for Songbird.

Leaping into the air, I fling fire beneath me, my arms resembling phoenix wings as I streak into the sky like a shooting star (that no one is able to appreciate, it's tragic). I'm not going for full-on flight though, just an assisted leap - and a change of angle for my next attack. From the middle of the field, there was no way to hit this guy without risking civilians too. From directly above him, however, it's a lot easier.

So that's why I'm directly above him, in the midst of my flip and having gathered up energy for this attack along the way. "Oh no you don't!" I yell down at Songbird, beginning my spell as he looks on in either surprise or awe. "Fire Fist~" I proclaim, mimicking the move of a character from a show I like, while flinging a giant gout of magically solidified flame to slam into him, blasting him without hurting anybody nearby. Score one for me!

<Rauri> Flaire Directly Engage Songbird
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7 = 7
<ShootaBoy> cuttin it close flaire
Taking something from him: Chance at an escape


Completing my jump and flip by landing a dozen steps above the one he just got blasted into, I throw up the peace symbol at the guy while grinning in what would be a super impressive display if anyone could see it. "Sorry Songbird, but you should surrender - since you're surrounded~" Alliteration is memorable!

Rauri fucked around with this message at Oct 24, 2016 around 04:48

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Galaxy Arcade


Ugh... that ain't good. I... I didn't realize I was this thirsty already. I... I'm feeling delirious. Blood....

Where's Tatsu when you need him?

Huh... there's someone over there. They'll... they'll have to do.

Wait, is that Songbird? ... Doesn't matter...

Only half-aware, and pretty much in predator mode, I silently sneak up on the already retreating villain, and just bite his neck, completely disregarding anything else...


Directly Engage Food (aka Scarlet Songbird): 2d6+2 5

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Silver Bolt, you strum along, but no one seems to be paying attention. Guess you're not much of a minstrel, so now you're just on the field playing a guitar while people are getting hurt!

Mark Insecure

What do you do?

Barracuda, While you protect Hannah from the stampede, you end up eating a few kicks yourself.

Take yet another powerful blow.

Despite Silver Bolts efforts, the stands are still a madhouse, but the field is clearing out, thanks to Tatsu's hole in the wall. You hear some people yell in pain! This is out of control!

What do you do?

Flaire, Flaire, your attack sends tumbling end over end into one of the abandoned concession stands. Before you can do anything, Bunny Bat rushes after him. As you dash over to the stand, you see her pin him to the ground and start biting his neck!

Flaire, take influence over Bunny Bat

Bunny Bat, you're sated for now, but Songbird is looking pretty pale with a bloody neck. On top of that, Flaire's watching you! That's... gonna be awkward to explain.

What do you do?

Tatsu, you take a quiet moment to try and figure out what's going on, but there's too much chaos. After a little while, though, your sight comes back, but things up in the stands have degenerated to a riotous mob. And you were just sitting down here with your hand on the ground...

Mark Insecure

What do you do?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 3
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: The Stadium

Soooo... pretty sure Songbird needs to go to the hospital now, and it's definitely NOT because of me. That Flame Fist was totally fair, but Bunny Bat going to town on his neck like she is? Not what I wanted to see when I rounded the corner - pretty sure I'm gonna be sick.

Wheeling about suddenly, I start trying to look around subtly for cameras while giving her some instructions that WON'T look obvious on the off-chance that I don't end up finding the footage. "BB... clean Songbird and yourself up, maybe do your hypnosis thing to make him forget, and then get back to where everyone can see you." I try not to sound too serious when I'm around my teammates, but this is a matter of life and death for the team, at least in my eyes. She just... DRANK our villain! Do you know how much getting drained sucks by the way, 'cuz it's a ton.

"We'll talk about this at the base later, right now gotta look out for the team." She'd better not fight me on this poo poo - I may've blinded people on accident, but I didn't come close to murdering anybody! I'm trying to figure out a way to fix her mistake too, when instead I should be assuring everyone how safe they are now and how awesome the I (and the Vigil) am, so she owes me for this one.

<Rauri> Flaire Assess
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+3 = 12
What here can I use to guarantee no one else learns what Bunny Bat did?
What here is the biggest threat?
How could I best end this quickly?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Taking Drives as my advance.

[15:35:03] <GhostFish> take a /sigh/ third powerful blow why is my team garbage at calming down a crowd :I
[15:35:13] <GhostFish> !r 2d6
[15:35:13] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 5 = 5
[15:35:22] <UnknownQuantity> pfff
[15:35:22] <GhostFish> thanks krysmbot
[15:35:22] <UnknownQuantity> oh wait no
[15:35:23] <UnknownQuantity> that's good


A few kicks come my way, but I've finally recovered my positioning and balance enough that I can roll, sway and generally just avoid each incoming foot and body, until I've got back upright and to the edge of the crowd. The edge here being the wall, again. And the crowd is still panicking. Okay. Trying to pull people out one at a time obviously isn't going to work, because in the time it took me to rescue Hannah, multiple other people are getting hurt.

The press is finally starting to move past me though, so I can move around a bit, what to do though? We need to cut this panic off from the source, probably, which means turning off the fire alarm and trying to calm people down. Only one way to do that, and luckily, I know what it is. You can't be the daughter of an overly rich family with traditional interests without seeing a lot of baseball games, and without having to go on a lot of tedious tours. Moving out of the press heading downwards, I head up to the top floor, where the announcers box is.

Annnnd the door is locked. That stops me for a moment, but the Golden VIP Pass Casey gave him today should get me through this. A bit of searching and I've pulled it out and scanned open the door. Okay.... Look around Cuda. You need the sound system stuff. There's the cameras, and... there it is, the sound panel. You're smart, you can figure out how to turn off the alarm and get the speakers working. Should be... these controls, yeah. "testing, testing... Is this thing on?" There isn't any way for me to tell though, great. "ATTENTION TO EVERYONE IN THE STADIUM. THERE IS NO FIRE. THE SUPER-VILLAIN ATTACK HAS BEEN CONTAINED. THERE IS NO NEED TO PANIC. PLEASE REMAIN CALM AND STOP STRUGGLING. IF ANYONE NEAR YOU IS BEING STEPPED ON, PLEASE HELP THEM UP. I REPEAT, THE SITUATION HAS BEEN SAFELY RESOLVED, THERE IS NO NEED TO PANIC."

[23:15:03] <GhostFish> defend crowd (or... provoke? I dunno, if provoke -1)
[23:15:06] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+2
[23:15:07] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 3+2 = 5
[23:15:11] <GhostFish> thanks krysmbot
[23:15:13] <GhostFish> thanks
[23:15:35] <GhostFish> GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER :V


Did any of that even make it through?

GodFish fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2016 around 22:30

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions: Insecure

I honestly felt like throwing the supposedly magical mandolin somewhere no one would ever find it but it was evidence and maybe Songbird's gimmick worked on any old instrument, who knew? So I kept a hold on it but I stopped trying to play it because man THAT didn't work.

But... what to do with the crowd? Mom hadn't really taught me anything about crowd control, this was totally new and I just didn't have any good ideas. Some leader I was turning out to be...

Come on Silver think! There has to be something better than just letting people go crazy all over the place!

I noticed Tatsu in the crowd, doing something meditative? Weird, but, well, that's fine. I slipped through the crowd towards the zombie-boy. "Do you have any good ideas? Because I'm fresh out here."

----
[01:26] <mistaya> assessing for silver
[01:26] <mistaya> !r 2d6
[01:26] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 6 = 6. Marking potential.

For his second advance Silver picks up the CAPTAIN move from the Protege.

@Cap - I'm going to be moving and probably won't be able to post much more until next weekend, barring something small here and there so don't hold the thread up on me. Time to Road Trip Across America!

mistaya fucked around with this message at Oct 29, 2016 around 21:14

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty Insecure | Location: Stadium


In the ground, thank ya very fuckin' much. And it kinda worked anyway, 'cause there's Silver. So shut up. Anyway.

"Gonna be honest Dear Leader, I've done all I can really do here. Can't punch beaten baddies without gettin' cops all up on your case, and I already went and broke somethin'. That's me spent."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Stadium

With a loud gasp I finally come to my senses. I barely register that Flaire is yelling at me for a few seconds.

Immediately, I freak out.

"Oh god I didn't mean to I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry..."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Everyone, despite your best efforts, the mob doesn't get any better. The chaos just spirals further out of control, and after the stands finally clear out, all you're left with is a few dozen people too injured to move. Fortunately, the wailing sirens outside tell you that help is here for those that were injured. A few crews of paramedics rush in and start assisting the bloodied people on the ground.

The stadium is eerily empty, what with the only people still here being the paramedics and the injured. Oddly, the press hasn't shown up yet, but if you stick around long enough, they'll be sure to be here.

Bunny Bat, Oh God. This really went south, didn't it? And you were doing so well today!

You can clean yourself up back here, but... what are you going to do with Scarlet Songbird? He's unconscious from loss of blood, and Flaire saw you! Not to mention all the paramedics.

Lag's still hanging around, though. ...Maybe she could bail you out of this somehow? But you've gotta make sure Flaire's not gonna blab, either!
What do you do?

Flaire, Bunny Bat really can't control herself, can she? She's gotta be a menace! Are you going to tell anyone about what she did? Anyone outside the team? I mean, do you even want to be with her on the team anymore?

Also, you manage to hear a few of the people who were injured talking about how impressive your opening attack was, since when they all managed to see again, you guys had taken care of Songbird.

...It's a bit more complicated than that, but hey, it worked out, right?

What's in danger/is dangerous? Outside of Songbird and Bunny Bat? ...Not a lot, really. Even Bunny Bat looks sated, thankfully. These people are gonna end up in the hospital, for sure, but they'll be more or less fine with some time.

As for impressing people... well, if you manage to work the crowd into helping you with the inevitable press gaggle, that'll go a long way to getting people to overlook the whole "uncontrolled riot" thing.

You spend a point of Time for the Show to get the crowd on your side, which will help with some of the fallout.

What do you do?

Barracuda, Unfortunately, the sound panel outwitted you, and you were just left yelling in a room by yourself. By the time you get back down to the press of people, it's already over.

Well, at least you got an ok fight in? Feeling a bit looser, I hope?

Also, what are you going to do about your boyfriend? He's stuck in the bathroom, probably worried sick about you! Just wondering, how long did it take you to remember him?

Or, you could just slip away and not have to deal with the team. Silver Bolt saw you here, of course, but... if you're trying to separate yourself from the team, hanging around for interviews with them isn't a great step forward.

What do you do?

Tatsu, looks like you're the only one who managed to do crowd control well, as demonstrated by the lack of people still on the field. Good for you!
Anyway, Flaire just made everything complicated again, like she always does. Still, you gonna stick around or gonna head back out?

Silver Bolt, oh man, that was a disaster! Figure you got a lot of thinking to do, but in the meantime, some irritated goth looking girl manages to find you and say, "Hey, BB told me you had something for me to look at?"

After a moment of understandable confusion, she adds, irritatedly, "I'm a friend of Bunny Bats, and I'm doing her a favor. Now hand over that communicator so I can finish up this bout with community service and get out of here."

She glances around as if finally seeing the place and adds, "Wow. You guys really scrubbed it up, huh?"

What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Yeah, things could have been worse. The fight with uh.... Solace or whoever was fun, and I kept Hannah from getting hurt at least. Could be worse. Grumbling to myself at the fisaco of the broadcasting equipment, I glance around the room to make sure there isn't a camera recording here and change out of my Barracuda suit. I'm not going to deal with any of the media nonsense or the rest of the team, if they finally decided to show up. I've actually made it a floor past where I stashed Casey before I remembered him, so it wasn't too much of a run. A few minutes later, I shove open the door, looking a bit more flustered than usual for me. "Casey! You're alright?" He is... that's good. "Sorry, I got the alarm off, but the crowd got into the halls faster than I thought... got swept along for a ways before I could duck into a bathroom to wait it out."

I move over to his side as I make up the story, looking down at his injured leg. What are we going to do about that? "I heard sirens, so there's probably medics here, lets get you to some." I bend over, pulling one of his arms over my shoulder and help him up, taking all the weight from his injured side to start walking him slowly down the stadium halls and to some paramedics.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Barracuda, he looks at you, the worry melting from his face as he sees you. He says, "When you didn't make it back, I thought you got hurt!" When you lean down to help him up, he leans over and gives you a kiss on the cheek, saying, "I'm glad you're ok." He takes a deep breath as you pull him up and lurches to his good leg. He gasps and ends up putting a lot of his weight on you. He apologies for it, but it's not really hard for you in the least."

As he looks around at the remains of the fight outside, he says, "Wow... things sure got crazy out here..."

He looks at you, saying, "How'd the fight go? You see any more of it? Was Barracuda here?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 2 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: The Stadium

Bunny Bat's freaking out, which makes a lot of sense - she nearly put the Vigil in danger because she's a creepy vampire. Songbird may be a villain or whatever, but no one deserves that neck-biting stuff... you feel so helpless as you get drained, it's horrible. Thing is, I don't have time for it right now - there is a LOT of work to be done after that botch of a battle, and I'm pretty sure everyone but me on the team sucks at PR (except Silver Bat, though his singing is quite questionable so there's that). "We'll talk about it at the base," I repeat to her once I'm satisfied that there's no camera with an angle on what she did. "Just play it cool and don't freak until then."

As I walk away to where the paramedics are seeing to the wounded and police and much of the crowd is assembling, I overhear a couple good things - namely, that I'm getting a lot of the credit for beating the guy, and that people seem to think it was with my first spell and not my second. It's great for me, but the Moonlight Vigil is going to need more. Think I know how to play this though - and as I walk towards the crowd of injured and civilians, expression a mixture of sympathy and concern, it's time to find out if I'm right or not.

So I mingle for a while with the injured, paramedics, police - if someone has a question or needs a statement or wants a selfie, I'm there for 'em! Waving Marida over after a minute or two so she can enjoy the show, I'm doing a couple key things for us - stressing how we were all covering separate incidents and couldn't get here until those were wrapped up, how concerned the Vigil is for everyone's safety, how much Paramedics and Police are the Real Heroes... whatever, I'm all smiles and compliments and utterly charming right now. Riiight as the press shows up, which is perfect.

Know what everyone's going to be talking about later? Here's a good headline off the top of my head, "Moonlight Vigil Saves the Day, Most Beautiful and Amazing Heroine Ever Responsible" which doesn't need my name in it because obviously everyone should know who it's referring to... because I am legit amazing at this. Maybe not the actual heroing part, but the BEING a hero bit? At least to other people? I'm the best.

Spending last two hold to get injured civilians to admire the Moonlight Vigil, and Press (or at least someone in it) that arrives to Love Flaire.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

I give Casey a bit of a smile when he kisses my cheek, and try to clear away his concerns. "Don't worry, I'm fine. Got shoved around a little getting out of the way, but nothing that'll bruise even." It isn't until later, after I've waved off his apologies and we're heading down the hallway, that I realize it wasn't my automatic pretending to care response, and that I actually appreciated his concern, and the rest. It's weird, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's probably just because I'm in a better mood because of the fight. Yeah, that makes sense. Mentally, I'm nodding in satisfaction with that explanation.

"Yeah... think it turned into a bit of a mess..." I look around at the place as well, I hadn't actually gotten to see what was happening inside the field area itself. What the heck were they doing? "I saw a little, just got a look at Barracuda running past me up to the box we were in to fight uh... that guy." And there's some paramedics. "Ah, over there..." And we head over there. "Medics! Got a broken ankle here!" With my free hand, I wave in their direction.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions: Insecure

The girl isn't wrong at all. "Yeah," I said, but quiet so only she could hear it. "I mean, fighting we got covered but crowd control? How the heck do you deal with that?" I shook my head.

Now that handing over the communicator was an option I hesitated a bit. I didn't know this girl and she wasn't really the type I felt like I could trust with Mom's stuff. But I wanted to find her really badly. I'd just have to take the risk.

"What's your name, anyway? I'm Silver." I handed her the box and kept an eye on both her and it.

--

<mistaya> pierce the mask on Lag
<mistaya> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> mistaya, 8+1 = 9
How can I gain Influence on you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



*Click*

The TV screen flickers on, just as a title card in a bold font fades out.

Then, flames rush in from offscreen, quickly engulfing the entire scene. Suddenly, the flames part as if a red curtain, revealing the dark background. Then, a spotlight snaps on, revealing Flaire as she struts towards the camera, snapping her fingers all the while. The camera zooms in on her flashing smile and, as she leans into the camera, her chest. She make a little spin, fanning her hair out which transitions to...

Tatsu stalking through a dark, raining alley with a hood pulled over his head. The vague outline of the team is behind him looking vaguely concerned. He then makes a sharp turn around the corner, and once out of sight, he punches the wall in frustration. He pauses for a moment and then walks past the camera, transitioning to...

Susanna Collins, staring with half lidded eyes eyed at the camera. She's not moving as the background moves in hyperspeed from piano recital to dinner with her family to a movie with Casey. Casey looks away for a moment, and Susanna's eyes snap open as she darts out of frame. She reappears as Barracuda, front-flipping off a tall building at night, looking vital and awake for the first time. Her spin carries her in front of the camera, transitioning to...

Chimera leaps into a fray of enemies, growing multiple tentacle arms and grabbing a bunch of them. Shots bounce off her suddenly stone-hard skin, throwing up sparks. Her arms lengthen and flow into claws that drag the ground and dig out gouges in the asphalt before

A silhouette standing on the roof of a skyscraper against a full moon. Red goggles flash in the shadow, and then the light reveals Silver Bolt, who smirks and then jumps, running down the side of the building. Gargoyles and bat-like monsters attack him but he dodges them all and starts shooting his hand crossbow. One of the gargoyles falls in front of the camera, transitioning to...

A falling steel sword that stops right before impaling itself upon the ground. Hovering for a moment, it turns in midair and launches back up towards a burning building. It is joined by quartet of swords fly in from off-screen and slice a hole in the wall that Mithril jumps through. The camera pauses on a shot of the building for a moment, then she leaps out of an upper window carrying a small child in her arms and the child's parents float down beside her. Damascus looks on from a distant rooftop in an inscrutable pose.

A quick montage of images:
A panicked mob running from something behind them
A levitating knife suddenly flinging itself towards Barracuda's face
Two darkened figures kissing in the dark, with the moon peeking through the window behind them.
Solace looking bored before hurling a dumpster towards the camera.
A yacht sinking into the water, billowing smoke. The smoke congeals into a figure who starts cackling as the screen fades to black.

It then fades in to...


A black title card reading One Week Later.

Then, there's a quick shot of the team crouched down behind some cars when an explosion right in front of the makeshift cover causes smoke and dust to rush past the frames of the car. Peeking over the cars gives you a glimpse of Doctor Bad Guy, the cackling madman raining down energy blasts from atop the school! You can see the small silhouettes of the civilians you're supposed to be protecting through the window on the first floor, but at the moment, there's the little problem of the endless torrent of thunderbolts raining down around you. He then starts yelling about all the injustices this cruel world has heaped atop him, and how he's going to show them. Show them all!

But, by this point, the "cackling madman" (more commonly known to the world as the Storm King) has put you through your paces over the last few days, leading your team through some crowd control training (along with a bit of specialized training for each of you) after the last debacle He looks like Santa in a toga, if Santa cut the cookies and milk and hit the gym every day since December 26th. In 1980. Right now he's wearing a baklava over his head that reads "Bad Guy."

He's obviously having a fantastic time.

The camera zooms out more and the whole place looks more like a movie set out in the woods. The street isn't longer than a block, and while the school has a few rooms stacked on top of each other, the surrounding building are just wooden backgrounds. Anyway, the goal right now is to make sure that none of the civilians in the wooden facade of a school get hurt and then take Doctor Bad Guy down with minimal collateral damage, all in that order.

Good luck!

Barracuda, how'd you get convinced to go through this with the rest of the team? I mean, the League never really got the memo that you quit, but... still.
Also, how are you dealing with the sudden camping trip and your social/family life?
What'd your special training with the Storm King consist of?
Don't forget to roll for time passing.

Chimera, whew, talk about hitting the ground running. How'd your introduction to the team go, anyway?
Also, what's been the most uncomfortable thing you've had to put up with because of your unique physiology and the fact that you're all basically camping out in the woods?
What'd your special training with the Storm King consist of?

Flaire, So, what important thing did Marida have that she just had to talk to you in person? Have you told anyone else about BB's... uh... problem during the whole baseball incident?
Also, what have you been doing about the whole "No pictures at the training camp. This place is secret. I'm serious, Flaire." rule that the Storm King laid out on the first day? What are you promising your fans to make up for it?
What'd your special training with the Storm King consist of?

Mithril, whew, talk about hitting the ground running. How'd your introduction to the team go, anyway?
You haven't seen Damascus around, but do you really think he's letting you off on your own without hanging around to keep an eye on you?
What'd your special training with the Storm King consist of?

Silver Bolt, still haven't heard from your mom, huh? That's... gotta be pretty rough. How's your sister taking it? Who's the league got looking into it?
Also, how are you feeling about the whole baseball... incident? Who do you blame for things going so poorly?
What'd your special training with the Storm King consist of?

Tatsu, well, as far as the league's concerned, you're about the only one who came through that debacle looking good. What do you think of that?
Also, sucks that Bunny Bat got removed from the team for some one on one mentor time. You doing ok? Or are you already moving on?
What'd your special training with the Storm King consist of?

Everyone, roll Savior to see how you've been doing at Super Hero boot camp so far:
On a hit, you impress the Storm King with your performance; take Influence over him.
On a 7-9, you've been banged up pretty good over the last few days. Mark a condition, your choice.
On a miss, you broke one of the rules of the tests or damaged the facilities permanently. What happened?
Also, your sponsor's going to be getting an earful from the Storm King

Do advancement for last session, if you aren't some of the new blood. Also, as we've got some new blood, that means new team leader.
Possibly.

Also, if I brushed over something that you want to be resolved or come up after camp, let me know in the OOC thread.

  • Locked thread
«13 »