Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Freak +3, Danger +2, Savior +0, Superior -1, Mundane -1
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure

I have an eye stretched out around a corner, keeping it on the Storm King. This is going to be a little tough. Luckily, I'm not doing this alone. Thinking I can be one of the ones to go for the Storm King - or uh, Doctor Bad Guy - while some of the others keep the fake civilians safe. Honestly, meeting them went pretty well. The only one really freaked out by me is Barracuda and at least she's working on that. The real problem out here is trying to stay in the tents they gave us. They're normal tents which probably work well for everyone else. But my skin keeps changing, and last night I woke up to the sound of it cutting the tent open after forming a bunch of sharp edges. Can't really room with someone else if that's gonna happen, right?

A blast of light flashes and temporarily blinds my eye as a thunderbolt hits. drat it! Storm King has been working on my reaction time for changing - quickly adapting myself to whatever shows up. So my training has consisted of multiple kinds of attacks, sometimes from multiple people, at the same time. I thought I was good enough before, but man has it been tough to keep up.

[19:52] <Heliotrope> Superhero Boot Camp
[19:52] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6
[19:52] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 7 = 7
Marking Insecure


Hang on...why am I waiting for orders? I can get to him right now, and maybe even freak him out a little. My eyes vanish, and bat ears form up. I turn my arms into bird wings, and just start flying right up to Doctor Bad Guy. My feet transform into claws as I simply rush right into him, and sink into his toga.

[20:06] <Heliotrope> Directly Engage Doctor Bad Guy
[20:06] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+3
[20:06] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 9+3 = 12
Includes +1 from Coming For You
Choosing to resist his blows, and take away his mobility by grabbing him


As I get up to him, I start screeching. Both to help the echolocation, and to rattle him a bit. It's definitely freakier then a real bat would be, that's for sure. The sharp claws aren't helping either.

[20:11] <Heliotrope> Be The Monster
[20:11] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+3
[20:11] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 5+3 = 8
I frighten others I had not intended to scare and hurt someone or break something I shouldn't have


quote:




Hero Name: Chimera

Real Name: Unknown Nizhoni Johnson

Look: Woman, Indigenous, Human eyes, Untouchable flesh, No costume

Abilities:

You appear obviously and clearly monstrous, and your powers are tied to your appearance. Choose two, and describe how they make you grotesque.

Inhuman might (body part changes into something clearly monsterous - giant claws, huge teeth, inhuman arm, etc.)
Transmuting flesh (flesh constantly shifting and changing, can control it but can't stop it or appear normal)
Impenetrable armor (skin instantly changes to block whatever touches it)
Superhuman senses (body part changes into something suitable - cat eyes, bat ears, dog nose, etc.)

Labels:

Freak +3
Danger +2
Savior +0
Superior -1
Mundane -1

Moves

Unstoppable: When you smash your way through scenery to get to or away from something, roll + Danger. On a hit, the world breaks before you, and you get what you want. On a 7-9, choose one: mark a condition, leave something behind, or take something with you. On a miss, you smash through, but leave devastation in your wake or wind up somewhere worse, GM’s choice.

Coming for you: When you mark a condition, take +1 forward against the person you most blame for causing it.

Be the monster: When you frighten, intimidate, or cow others with your monstrous form, roll +Freak. On a hit, they are thrown off and make themselves vulnerable to you, or they flee. On a 10+, choose one. On a 7-9, choose two.
- you frighten others you had not intended to scare
- you hurt someone or break something you shouldn’t have
- you feel like more of a monster afterward; mark a condition (GM’s choice)
On a miss, they react with violence, hatred, and paranoia, and you suffer the brunt of it.

I don’t care what you think!: Whenever you reject others’ Influence, add +2 to your roll.

Moment of Truth
It’s so easy to forget that you’re not your body, and you’re not the voice in your head—you’re both. Be the monster, and save them anyway. Smash down walls, and speak softly. Because when you embrace it, you can do anything. Of course, putting on a display like this is sure to rile up those who see only the monster when they look at you…

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, clear one condition if they treat you like a perfectly normal person and mark potential if they praise your power or abilities.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they think you’re losing or gaining humanity. If they say losing, mark a condition and mark potential. If they say gaining, clear a condition and shift Mundane up and any other Label down.

Advances

Mutate further and reveal another two new abilities (chosen from any playbook) [Impenetrable armor and superhuman senses]
Take a move from another playbook (I don't care what you think!, Delinquent)

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at May 9, 2017 around 04:02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: Storm King's Secret Bootcamp

The last few days have been a blur. A lot of changes, but really? It's all feeling pretty standard now that I've adjusted to the new routine. Training, food, brief breaks, and then more training. Not too far off from my life with Damascus. I first met the team, other than Chimera, when we all arrived at Storm King's boot camp. Things started off a little tense, perhaps, but I think that was more related to the botched mission at the stadium than anything I did. Most of the team has been really cool so far! Tatsu has been kind of a jerk to me, but other than that? I think I'm fitting in alright. Flaire is actually a little intimidating. Not like, on purpose or anything, but she's got a really strong personality. It's, uh, a little different than what I've been used to with the big man. Let's see... It's been good swapping stories with Silver Bolt. Good to know someone else here knows what it's like living up to a big name. Barracuda is pretty cool. I really want to figure her out, which her whole secret identity thing makes difficult, but I'm not just going to reach into her mind. That's a serious no-go. Chimera is doing her best. Things seem a little weird between her and Barracuda, actually, but I hope they can figure it all out.

Speaking of Damascus, I've been surprised that I haven't sensed his presence. He's a bit of a worrier. Weird, right? He usually keeps a pretty close eye over me. So that means he either has a special method that can hide from my telepathy or he really trusts this Storm King guy. We've met before, of course, but this is my first time training with him. Training with anyone other than Damascus, really. Hm, come to think of it, there is a third option. He may have been called away on a special assignment. It would be unusual, but then again this is the first time he hasn't been responsible for me. Maybe the League needs him elsewhere. Have... have I been holding him back?

Mm, nevermind that. Training. So, it seems like everyone is supposed to be working on their crowd control skills. Luckily that's something of a specialty for me. Damascus is big on it. Telepathic coordination really helps minimize egress time and prevent tramplings. Storm King has been pushing me to extend my network further and faster. Yesterday we started a new twist. I needed to block his lightning bolts while guiding blindfolded "civilians" through an obstacle course of traps and other dangers. Oh, and yeah, there was a timer. So, yeah, it has definitely been a stretch. I needed to react instantly when he fired a bolt, but maintain complete awareness of the course and keep the civilians moving. The course side of things has been pretty easy, all things considered, but I'm having a lot more trouble blocking his lightning bolts. They really hurt and I know he's dialing down the intensity. If he wasn't? I'd probably be dead. My gear is collecting a lot of scorch marks.

quote:

[13:21:46] <Tricky> Mithril's training roll
[13:21:50] <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
[13:21:52] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 5+2 =
7
[13:22:23] <Capfalcon> Fear the wrath of Dr Bad Guy
[13:22:32] <Tricky> Indeed! Marking Afraid. :v


Taking influence over Storm King, marking Afraid. Those lightning bolts hurt a lot, but he's impressed by what I can do.

---

There is a brief pause in Doctor Bad Guy's barrage as Chimera charges headlong towards the balaclava-wearing man. She explodes into some sort of bat-thing form, which clearly catches his attention as she grabs him and screams in his face. I take the opportunity to focus and sweep my mental senses throughout the set. The civilians seem to be pretty well clustered where I would expect, given what we could see from behind the cars, but my instincts tell me there is something else. Someone else. Would Storm King really set up such a straight-forward test?

quote:

[15:42:25] <Tricky> Mithril assesses the situation
[15:42:29] <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
[15:42:30] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 9+2 =
11

What here is in the greatest danger?
How could we best end this quickly?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

End of Session: Lowering Superior, raising Freak.

Sigh. A week long team training camping trip with a team I'm not part of. This is definitely something I both want to do and want to have fun trying to explain to my family! Oh wait, no it isn't! I wouldn't be here at all if it wasn't for the complete disaster the last Moonlight Vigil mission was, despite the fact that I was there to help them. The fighting part went fine, well, pretty great really, but when I got stuck out in the halls... Well I didn't get hurt, but I ended up wasting the rest of the time dodging panicking people instead of actually cleaning up the final villain, which gave plenty of time for the rest of the team to mess things up on their end. So I clearly need more practice before I can really go off on my own for things other than taking out villains. Which is why I agreed to go along with this training.

[17:18:49] <GodFish> training camp roll
[17:18:51] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[17:18:52] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 6+2 = 8


It wasn't as bad as I thought though, Bunny Bat isn't here! I absolutely could not have stood a week of training with her and Tatsu being insufferably smug little warts the entire time. Tatsu still refuses to accept the idea that he could do something wrong when someone else did, which means I've still ended up pretty angry of the length of the week, but with just him it's a lot more bearable. The rest of the new people on the team are much better company, even if Chimera ends up looking really gross a lot of the time.

As for how my family is dealing with me telling them I was going camping alone for a week... Well... you tell me.

[17:27:39] <GodFish> obligations woo gonna fail
[17:27:41] <GodFish> !r 2d6-1
[17:27:42] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 6-1 = 5
[17:27:44] <GodFish> yup :V


But whatever, I'll deal with that later. Right here and right now, we've got a thunderstorm raining down on us. As in, a storm of lightning bolts, not a storm that has thunder and lightning. Aside from the group training, Storm King specifically has been working with me on my energy absorption. We haven't found an upwards limit to what I can take in, and at this point based on the number of lightning bolts he's fed me we're both agreed there probably isn't one, but before I always needed direct contact with something to drain it, and some experts in the League thought I should be able to pull in energy from a distance with enough practice, so that's what we've been working on. I've had a lot of luck so far in our trail runs, but this actual scenario is good place to really test it out.

Stepping out from behind the car we were using as cover, I head towards one of the wooden facades, preparing to climb up to the top of it when Chimera launches herself forward, her body squirming and writhing into a kind of bird-bat shape. Guuuh! Shuddering slightly, I climb up the wooden paneling, leaping up to the top and resting on one foot. A *click* drops the sword blade out of the back of my gun, and I grab it with my left hand, thrusting it into the air to act as a lightning rod to help attract the lighting bolts, then I reach out, trying to draw in all the blasts at once, into me.

[18:04:09] <GodFish> unleash powers to reshape environment
[18:04:10] <GodFish> !r 2d6
[18:04:12] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 3 = 3
[18:04:23] <GodFish> potential for the potential god!
am trying to reshape environment to have no lightning


Some of the bolts are coming at me, but not nearly enough...

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty Insecure | Location: Bootcamp


I hate this. I hate everythin' about this. This is, without a doubt in my mind, the single dumbest thing I have ever been involved in, keepin' in mind that I've literally thrown myself into a tornado before. (Spend a few days in Ohio and you'll understand completely.) Not just this exercise, this whole week. I can appreciate the idea behind it, we need to get the new people into sync as well as general tune up after how bad the stadium went, but c'mon. I'm still not sure what Storm King expected when he took me aside to go over the "finer points of civilian protection". Still not entirely sure why he got all mad with me, I sure as poo poo protected the 'civilians' (a few sacks of potatoes.) What does it matter if I took a chunk out of the street to do it? Roads can get fixed, death can't, take it from me, the death expert. Sure it means we can't use the other side of this building but c'mon, he knew that all I'm good at is breaking poo poo! Shoulda seen it comin'.

[20:55:46] <SluggaBoy> Superhero Bootcamp
[20:55:53] <SluggaBoy> !r 2d6-1
[20:55:55] <Krysmbot> SluggaBoy, 6-1 = 5
Wonderful. Marking Potential.


Anyway, in the present day, in order; I'm insanely surprised that anyone thought I came out of that tire fire lookin' good, much less the league. I really didn't do anythin', thanks to a certain someone holdin' us all up while she took some dumb fuckin' pictures and then blinded us all. I just blindly, literally, broke stuff, same as any fight. It just happened to help somehow this one time. I really ain't made for crowd control y'know? I mean, none of us really are, but especially me. Second, I'm still not sure what happened to BB, or why. So I'm still not sure what I feel, and even if I was I don't see how it's any of your business. My feelin's and my love life are my fuckin' business, and I'll find anyone that thinks otherwise.

Even more in the present day, Doc... ugh, Doctor Bad Guy is huckin' lighting everywhere, and Barracuda seems to have forgotten that she's perfectly capable of being grievously harmed by lightnin', so I guess I should probably save her, since nothin' else I can do here is gonna be useful in any way. Y'know, 'cause all I do is break things and hurt people. So with a quick hop I'm on top of the car, leads to a bigger leap onto the top of a lamppost. I yank off the light arm sticky out part (does that have an actual name?) before I hurl myself from what's left of it in a direction that should let the big metal rod I'm holdin', and by extension me, take the brunt of all that lightnin'. Y'know, since I'm unkillable and all.

[ 19:43:00] <ShootaBoy> Defend Barracuda
[19:43:09] <ShootaBoy> !r 2d6-3
[19:43:10] <Krysmbot> ShootaBoy, 8-3 = 5
[19:43:15] <ShootaBoy> yeah saw that coming
Marking Potential.


edit: Session crap. Growin' into my own image. Freak up, Mundane down. Eeyup, still not human.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at Nov 29, 2016 around 06:25

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 2 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Hero Boot Camp

End of last session stuff: Growing into image of self, Freak down Danger up - Flaire mayyy have understimated how dangerous her power is a little bit.

--------------------------------

I hate this place, and my phone is almost dead, and I've been sleeping out in the stupid woods for nearly a week when I've never been further than Halcyon's suburbs, I'm way behind on social media, and the food's bad, the showers are cold, and my phone's almost dead - but I STILL gotta pretend to be cheerful!

Because oh trust me, am I pissed about all of this. Yeah, I messed up some - all of us did - with the stadium. But that was me coming off of just having been punched by zombies, and it's not like I have regeneration or any physical powers at all - because oh yeah, Storm King's made SURE to remind me that I don't over this longass week. A week in which he's also forbidden me from taking pictures, which is double annoying! There's not even a place to charge my phone and barely any free time, so I've had to update my accounts in extremely rapid bursts, conserving every watt of power in my phone I can. Our instructor can even generate lighting, and I'm having power problems! I've managed to keep the no picture agreement, but only by promising my followers an extra special video after I get out, complete with a mysterious new guest star... aka Mithril or Chimera, probably Mithril, but I still haven't decided yet. Would be Bunny Bat, but she's away on special training... hoping they file her fangs down, no offense meant to her. The only person I shared what happened with was Wicked Elegance, on the strict condition she not tell anyone or let it gently caress up BB's parole.

Even more frustrating is Marida had some exciting news before I got sequestered at this dumb training camp. Apparently there's been some major shakeup within the Lightbringers - Firebrand might actually be the most senior one now, as the other like five all quit on the same day. WEIRD, right? And I'd be looking into it if I wasn't stuck here! I mean don't get me wrong, it's not all bad - two new teammates is a fresh shakeup for my fans, I'm sure they'll be shipping us within seconds of us getting back, and both the new girls are actually fairly nice, given their circumstances. Poor Nizhoni...

Poor me too though! Remember how I mentioned my special training this week was pointing out I don't have any physical powers? Yeah, that's because it's all been sparring and martial arts and extra exercises, stupid crap like that. I am not SUITED for this sort of stuff, and so I've been left panting and sweating after what feels like a hundred different workouts this week, knocked back onto my butt over and over my an Instructor that looks like a roided out Santa. Famous hero or not, I do NOT like this guy - I've mostly kept getting back up to prove him wrong.

<Rauri> Training Camp Roll
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+1=8
Flaire's banged up and has picked up Angry, but has managed to impress Storm King.


----------------------------------------

Alright, we're all crouched for cover while Doctor Balaclava taunts us with lightning bolts powers. I'm sure he's having fun, but I'm TIRED of this. Luckily I happen to be behind the same bit of cover - a Prius - as Silver Bolt, and for that I'm thankful. Only had to be about seventy five percent 'Flaire' this whole time, so I've been hinting at liking him in slightly less flamboyant ways than I would for the public. Right now, that's represented by a worried smile after a particularly loud bit of thunder erupts from the other side of our vehicle. Raising myself up slightly, I glance out at what's going on. I don't even have my usual amazing outfit on, instead I've got athletic shorts and a tank-top on, since they're a lot easier to not have to worry about washing this week. Looks like... Chimera's attacking, Barracuda and Tatsu are in trouble, and everyone else is hanging back for now. Guess it's up to me, then - hope 'Doctor Bad Guy' doesn't think I've forgotten the hell he's put me through this week, because I'm about to take some of it out on him.

Giving Silver Bolt a grin so white it practically sparkles, I leap out from behind cover, raising my arms and summoning my magic flames as I do. "I'll save you two!" I shout, one hand pointing towards Tatsu and Barracuda to make sure they (Tatsu) knows I mean them, long red hair fluttering as I channel my magic... and with my other hand, I send a bit of complicated spellwork his way. Know the main thing I've learned from getting beaten over and over in physical combat? gently caress physical combat, I'm a drat mage, I need to act like it!

So that's why I sent that new spell - about a dozen small bird-shaped flames, imbued with quite a bit of power, fluttering through the air towards him like small rockets - at him. Kinda hard to nonlethally hurt people with fire, so blinding's a really great option for me... except for when I accidentally get civilians and teammates with my attacks. So that's why I invented this one! See, with this, I can remotely deteonate the spell when other people aren't nearby - and I can directionalize the attack, meaning I can focus them all on a single person. Right now, that's Doctor Bad Guy, and they land all around him right after Chimera's strike finishes, the firebirds letting out a final chirp before exploding at my command! "Flaeire Fires!"

<Rauri> Is Doctor Bad Guy Watching Closely?
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10
<Rauri> k, Flaire improved on her "blind people" move
You expose a weakness or flaw, You confuse them for some time, You avoid further entanglement. Technically an 11 due to having influence over him.


They detonate, and you can drat well bet I pose. Feels good to blind that guy!

Rauri fucked around with this message at Nov 29, 2016 around 08:02

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions: Insecure

Legacy Time Passes:
Savior +3 -2 from questions, so 2d6+1 = 8!
On a hit, one of them offers you meaningful encouragement, an opportunity, or an advantage. On a 7-9, another is upset with your most recent actions, and will make their displeasure known.

End of Session: Growing into my own image: Lowering Savior, Raising Superior. Silver feels like he could have done a better job saving people but he's sure the mess wasn't HIS fault.


----

This week's been... interesting.

So first, still no word from Mom. The communicator said she'd been looking into coma patients but no clue as to why, and before I could check into it myself I was shipped off to hero boot camp with the Storm King. Grandpa hasn't said anything, which worries me, and Nika's been skipping classes, which REALLY worries me. I would have asked BB if there'd been any surreptitious attacks on Dracula's castle but she's on sab'bat'ical (HAH) because the stuff at the stadium really went badly for her. I think that's got to do with how the Songbird got taken out but no one told me anything.

Officially the League isn't looking into it, but since I now have a League communicator I can sort of spy on some general stuff. Wicked Elegance has been requesting information that makes me think she's either looking into the same thing Mom was or looking FOR Mom. It's a little hard to tell. I haven't said anything yet because I don't want the fact that I've got a communicator to get out, but if there's no news by the time we're done here, I'm probably going to go ask her in person.

----

I really wish we'd done a better job at the stadium. It'd been pretty easy to beat up the bad guys there but the whole situation had gotten out of hand and none of us knew how to fix it. Everything we tried just made things worse. I don't think I can blame anyone in particular, though 'Cuda setting off the Fire Alarm was probably the single worst thing to happen. Flaire blinding everyone was probably the second worst thing. Just... bad decisions on both their parts. But I didn't tell either of them I thought that, because I didn't want to start another argument. And I hoped they knew they'd messed up.

It was thanks to all the miscommunications that I was stuck inside for most of the week, writing ESSAYS, instead of outside having fun with the others. Yeah, I said ESSAYS. Storm King took me aside on the first day and told me: "So kid, you don't have any weird powers to explore and you're about as physically fit as you can get, what you really need is some leadership training." And I thought that would be cool, but apparently it meant sitting in a room with a vid-corder watching old fights and making up fake plans of attack or defense. A lot of them were of the Storm King's own team, back when he was more actively hero-ing. "I want you to think about your team's powers and skills and come up with how you'd handle each situation," he said. "And think of how you might convince your team to follow your plan," he added. "Initiative's good, but if everyone's doing their own thing, no one's working together, and you lose a lot of your strength."

<mistaya> speaking of, bootcamp roll
<mistaya> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> mistaya, 6+2 = 8


I think I did okay, and some of the stuff was actually interesting. Mom even showed up in a few of the examples, and that was funny since she was a lot younger, just a little older than I am now.

----

Flaire's new blinding spell was proof that even though she would never admit it, she'd learned from last time, which I definitely approved of. I smiled back at her from across the Prius. It was really weird seeing her in normal clothes, I swear at the base she slept in her hero suit. But we'd been hanging out more during downtime, at meals and stuff, and it was... well, fun! Flaire is as dedicated to hero'ing as she is to her facebook, and she gave me a few tips on my essays since she'd already memorized half of the videos I was seeing for the first time. I gave her some tips on stretching and dealing with muscle fatigue (laugh all you want,) because that stuff was new for her but seriously old hat for me. I can't remember a day I didn't wake up sore when I was starting my training.

I peeked out from behind the Prius and tried to gauge the situation. Our new teammates were pretty cool, and they had really powerful abilities. I was still getting to know them though. Chimera reminded me of Tatsu a little in that she was definitely willing to just straight up brawl with her enemies. Mithril was a little more calculated, holding back and watching like I was.

----

<mistaya> Situational Assessment:
<mistaya> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> mistaya, 12+1 = 13
Questions: What here can I use to get inside the "school" unseen? What here is the biggest threat? (+1 forward acting on the answers.)

Noting my Captain move, as well. Adds a Team to the pool when we enter combat as a group and carry 1 forward if I'm the leader. So we should be at 2 Team.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Chimera, as your form distends and wraps around "Doctor Bad Guy," he tries to fling you off, but the shout in his face really seemed to get his dander up. You've still got him wrapped up, but lighting bolts are raining down all along the street!

Storm King marks Angry

While he's flailing, he sends a particulrarly large bolt towards your team's cover, to send it flying away!

What do you do?

Flaire, ...At least, that's probably what he was aiming for, but your blinding attack made him send it hurtling overhead and into the woods! Good job! He's going to be blinded for a few more moments, and it looks like that one took a lot out of him. You'll probably be more or less safe behind cover for the rest of the fight.

What do you do now?

Barracuda,... Ok, that wasn't normal. You're still getting used to having a weird shapeshifter on the team, and something about the way she moved and screamed was just... wrong.

Mark Afraid from Chimera's disturbing attack

Combined with the sudden burst of lightning... and you've got way more energy coming in than you're prepared for!

Take a powerful blow

What do you do?

Tatsu, while you're jumping out to try and give Barracuda into some cover from the storm, the Storm King flails on the roof even harder than before, knocking down one of the fake walls. That's when the doors of the front of the "school" fly open, sending panicked civilians running up and down the street.

...Well, panicked drones are running up and down the street, but this is just a drill after all. And with the lightning bolts raining down, they're not going to last very long unless someone does something...

What do you do?

Mithril, As you're looking up and down the street, the drones are going to be zapped pretty good unless something's done about the bolts raining down. If you could get them out of the line of fire, the Storm King would probably wind the training exercise down, since he's not here for a brawl but to test your skills protecting civilians.

What do you do?

Silver Bolt, well, since Flaire blinded the Storm King, getting inside is pretty easy now! But, all the drones are outside, so that's probably less than helpful. However, you can tell that, while the bolts raining down may be dangerous for the team and the drones, if the Storm King gets loose, he could easily start picking them off one at a time with focused blasts. If he's kept occupied, all he can do is rain down random destruction. Not super safe either, but much better than the alternative.

What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Freak +3, Danger +2, Savior +0, Superior -1, Mundane -1
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure

I watch as the bolts go flying. Time to stop that. My hair begins stretching out, turning into tentacles. They wrap around "Doctor Bad Guy"'s arms, and I pull back. Let's immobilize his arms and make sure he can't keep shooting. This is probably going to look really gross to everyone else, but we are supposed to stop him from hurting the civilians. Or bots. Bots that are representing civilians. Whatever.

[02:16] <Heliotrope> Unleash Powers
[02:17] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+3
[02:17] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 6+3 = 9
It's temporary or unstable

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: Storm King's Secret Bootcamp

Well, poo poo. The situation is spiraling out of control faster than I had expected. Thanks to the ongoing efforts of Flaire and Chimera, it seems that Storm King -- Doctor Bad Guy -- isn't going to be laying down any of the focused bolts he was throwing at me during our training session. Come to think of it, this is exactly what we were working on during training. Panicked civilians? Guiding them to safety despite the danger of imminent lightning? I guess that's not too surprising. When you can generate unprecedented levels of electricity, you're going to throw some lightning bolts around. I'm curious as to what other forms he can create, of course, but that's a matter for a different time.

I look over at Silver Bolt and say, "I'll start herding the bots, Silver. We need to get them out of here before the lightning strikes get too intense. Storm King is only going to get stronger if we let this drag out." A part of me twinges at this violation of the command structure, but it seems part of the teen hero experience. Damascus isn't calling the shots. Not any more.

I quickly hop over the car I've been hiding behind and send my swords spinning out from their sheathes. They dance through the air, blocking the bolts that would have fried hapless drones and slowly but surely opening a path to safety through the deluge. My mind reaches out to the simple intelligences of the drone and projects a vision of the safe zone outside of the engagement area. I can see a few start to turn and proceed in the correct direction, but it's taking everything I have to keep the lightning off them and guide the wayward drones. I can't spare a moments thought for my own safety -- not if I want to salvage this situation and prove that we have what it takes.

quote:

<Tricky> Mithril defends the panicked drones!
!r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Tricky, 5+3 =
8

Exposing myself to danger, but clearing Afraid first.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2017 around 06:44

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 2 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Hero Boot Camp

The only problem with blinding people is that they can't appreciate the awesome poses I do after I cast my spells! I mean otherwise it's great to not get nailed by attacks - specifically actually honest to god lightning bolts - but at the same time I can't help but not like it, even if it saved Barracuda and Tatsu. Part of being a hero is being an inspiration for civilians, and a part of that is looking like how a hero should... being dramatic is a required element of this job, even if everyone but me seems to undervalue it!

Ah well, he can still hear me right? And if I blinded him he can feel my magic, so let's think. Bunkered down where I am, I'm pretty safe - and I've got a good shot at him, especially with Chimera restraining 'Doc Bad Guy' like she is. Might as well put this position to good use. "If you're paying attention to anyone but me, you've made a big mistake evildoer!" I declare for the whole battlefield to hear... to minimal effect, but my own personal satisfaction. You can bet I'm grinning about how amazing I'm doing right now!

There are drone civilians running everywhere, but they're terrible and just sort of move around - they don't react to things like, say, the most gorgeous heroine of all time suddenly popping up over the top (side actually, I'm 5'4" and not tall enough for the top) of a Prius once again to fire off some more impressive magic - they'd stop their artificial panicking in a second if they were capable of recognizing me! As things are, I've got a bead on the guy still, and he's hopeless to respond... and, restrained as I am with it, let it be said that my Fire magic is no joke - it hurts as much as regular flames would, unless I deem otherwise, and it's soooo much more versatile.

Aiming two hands at our instructor, I'm getting even with this jerk for all the pushups and laps and crunches he made me do this week - my teammates got to use their powers while he acted like I'd signed up for Fat Camp or something. A brilliant and condensed flame erupts within my control, and before he can respond to the gathering heat, I've completed the spell - there's now a focused beam of pure flame spiraling into the restrained and bearded instructor, though not without me calling out the name of the attack of course - I have standards after all! "Phoenix Grand Lancer!"

<Rauri> Flaire Directly Engage
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+1= 8
Choosing to avoid retaliation

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jan 8, 2017 around 21:22

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty Insecure | Location: Bootcamp


Well this is a first. Flaire actually blinded the right fuckin' person for once. I know, I know, I'm shocked too. I mean, she's still yellin' out her attacks like an idiot, and bein' way too flashy, but maybe this is a sign that she's actually learned somethin' out here. Even if it is somethin' as basic as 'don't hit your team'.

Ok, quick, take stock. Chimera and Flaire are takin' it to... Doctor Bad Guy (eugh), looks like... Mithril? is workin' on the bots, which leaves me to do... somethin'. Just gotta figure out what. Maybe I can try and help with the bots? How though? Like I've said before, I really ain't suited towards crowd control unless ya wanna bury the crowd under a building. Wait... there's an idea. No, I'm not gonna bury the bots. Smartass. But I can give them the benefits of bein' underground, namely protection for fuckin' lightinin'.

With a hop, skip, and a jump, I'm over the fleein' bots, on the end of the street that's opposite the designated safe zone. Now if the ground cooperates with me here, I'm gonna have a big flat chunk of road to use as some kinda lightin' umbrella for the bots. Here goes nothin'!

[11:26:31] <ShootaBoy> Unleash to make a Roadbrella
[11:26:36] <ShootaBoy> !r 2d6+3
[11:26:37] <Krysmbot> ShootaBoy, 7+3 = 10

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions:

I don't like lightning. It freaking hurts to get even mildly shocked, and the Storm- ahem, Dr. Bad Guy wasn't throwing around mild shocks. This one time... well, I'll tell you about the escaped electric mice later. Gotta focus.

Mom taught me something, when I was going through the "How to fight Warlocks and other evil magicians" segment of my Hunter training. Mages might harness the elements, but an element always remains true to what it is. They can make fire move and dance, but even magical fire can't exist without oxygen. They can aim lightning at you directly, but electricity flows along the path of least resistance.

Which means it can be redirected.

I dug through my pouch for the biggest steel shaft I had on me, fitted one of my quick-deployment balloons to it, and shot it straight up in the air. The helium capsule fired, and a small red balloon inflated instantly, holding what was essentially a nice chunk of metal up in the air over our "civillians" heads. If Tatsu's road-brella could prevent the directed lightning bolts, my improvised lightning rod would definitely take any indirect or random ones.

This should buy Mithril enough time to herd the bots clear of the fighting, so as long as Flaire and Chimera kept Dr. Bad Guy busy for a few more minutes, we were home free!

"Great job guys!" I yelled. "Keep it up!"

---
Silver Defends! Savior -1 due to Insecure.
[13:13] <mistaya> !r 2d6+1
[13:13] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 7+1 = 8! Let's ESCALATE the situation, and he'll cure his insecure as his option.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry, Afraid

Uuuuugh, why does Chimera have to look so freaky?! Obviously its not her fault, but... guh, I'm doing alright looking at her transformed, but I'm probably going to have nightmares after watching her change. That, coupled with the few lightning bolts I was channeling suddenly becoming a whole freaking lot of lightning bolts blasting into me at once... The lightning still can't actually hurt me, at least not in normal ways, but you try having your entire body massively overloaded with electricity, see how well you deal with it, okay?

My first attempted movement sends me arcing across the battleground and smashing into one of the fake buildings. The second sends me what feels like miles into the air, the third sends me arcing back towards the ground nearly in control, until the pull from Silver Bolt's lightning rod sends me wildly off course again sending me slamming into another building, at least slowed down enough that I don't go flying off immediately again. Groaning slightly as I cling to the side, I look around trying to figure out where on the battlefield I am now, or where anyone else at all is. Thanks team. Thanks.

[01:41:05] <godfish> take a powerful blow +2 rip Cuda
[01:41:08] <godfish> !r 2d6+2
[01:41:09] <Krysmbot> godfish, 7+2 = 9
Giving Ground

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Chimera, as you wrap around him and pull his arms back, he doesn't stop unleashing electric blasts! You'll have to let him go, or you'll have to take a powerful blow!

What do you do?

Flaire, he drops to the ground, sending your flame shooting off into the sky, but you catch him glance at you, eyes wide for a second.

You wonder if you might have overdone it a little.

Dr. Badguy takes Afraid

What do you do?

Mithril, you guide the drones towards the newly made bunker, but you catch one of the bolts to the back as you turn to guide the last of them in.

Take a powerful blow.

What do you do?

Tatsu and Silver Bolt, the pair of you manage to make a safe place for the robots that Mithril herds towards you, and they all get under cover with only a bit of soot on them to suggest that they barely made it through a violent electric storm.

But... now you've got a giant, electric charged spike hanging over everyone's heads. You see Dr. Bad Guy get a look at it and start to do... something with it.

What do you do?

Barracuda, flung away from everyone else, you've at least got a good vantage point to watch the action.

While you're getting back in the fight, who impressed you most so far during the training?

Assuming the wheels don't come off of anyone's plan, we're gonna wrap this training up after one more set of posts

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Jan 20, 2017 around 06:29

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Freak +3, Danger +2, Savior +0, Superior -1, Mundane -1
Potential 0+1/5 | Conditions: Insecure

The bolts are coming quickly, but I hold on. Feeling some of them hit me, my body changed - becoming hard, almost stone-like in response.

[02:04] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[02:04] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 3+1 = 4
Marking potential


I think we're almost finished. I look over at everyone...there's Tatsu, ripping up the road. Maybe he can help out.

"Hey! Hey Tatsu!" I have to almost scream over the sound of the lightning going off. "You gonna help me finish this or what? Come on!"

[02:16] <Heliotrope> Comfort/Support Tatsu
[02:16] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6
[02:16] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 7 = 7
Includes +1 from having Infuence on him

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Storm King's Secret Bootcamp

I could feel the electricity playing out over my skin as the bolt hit me and the stench of ozone caught my nose. It was kind of weird, though. Normally I'd be writhing on the ground, but... Well, it wasn't all that tough to shrug off. Maybe I was getting used to the pain. Maybe he was a little too distracted to hit me with full force. Either way, I wasn't about to slow down now. Not when we were so close.

quote:

10:36 PM <Tricky> Mithril takes a powerful blow
10:36 PM <Tricky> !r 2d6
10:36 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 6 =
6

Heroes stand strong! +Potential.

As I joined the robots under the shelter that Tatsu had made — that was some great thinking, actually, I'd have to compliment him on it later — I sent my consciousness spiraling out to identify where everyone was and how everyone was doing. Flaire and Silver Bolt seemed to be doing fine. Chimera and Tatsu were as well. The only person I couldn't sense right off the bat was Barracuda. I extended my senses further and further before I finally felt her presence. She had somehow managed to find her way outside the engagement area — way, way outside.

My mind brushed hers in what was essentially a telepathic knock — if only the kind that meant 'Hey, put some pants on I'm coming in,' before I fully reached out to the masked hero. Almost immediately the mix of fear and anger filling her was apparent. I hadn't seen what had happened to her after she tried to absorb the lightning, but it clearly hadn't been pleasant.

Barracuda, can you hear me? This is Mithril. Are you doing alright?

I paused for a moment. What should I say? I didn't really know her that well. Not enough to have some witty comment that would defuse the tension I sensed. Well, when in doubt, Dauntless knew what he was doing. I thought back to some of the times he had comforted me. Most of them were awful dad jokes. Not really the appropriate tact for the moment. I'd have to use some of his lines about trying hard and never giving up instead.

It looked like you took a pretty bad hit. It was really brave jumping out there like that. I know that this is just a training exercise, but I'm impressed. Not many have the guts to put themselves on the line to save lives.

I paused again. What else? I mean, that much was all standard Dauntless boilerplate. What should I add? This wasn't the first time my lack of social wiles was coming up, but it was certainly the most frustrating. I couldn't think of anything else. I settled for sending her some warm fuzzy feelings. Kind of like a mental hug.

I'm here if you need anything, okay?

quote:

10:53 PM <Tricky> Mithril comforts Barracuda with those heroic traditions
10:53 PM <Tricky> !r 2d6+3
10:53 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 10+3 =
13

+Team and also the usual if she opens up.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty Insecure | Location: Bootcamp


Clearin' Insecure.

I'm finishin' proppin' the road chunks into somethin' resemblin' a shelter with Silver while Mithril (what's with all the metal based names?) herds the botvillians inside when I hear it. Chimera. Callin' for me. She wants my help finishin' this thing. I'm still kinda concerned about that spike... but really, what the gently caress can I do about it? It's Silver's thing too, so he's gotta have some way to deal with it, right? He has to, guy as obscenely prepared as he is.

With that taken care of, it's time for me to do what I do best! I move outside my little shelter, gather my legs under me, and jump! With the way Chimera's got his arms pulled back, he's open beautifully for a center of mass shot. I wouldn't like to be Doctor Bad Guy in a couple seconds!

[11:34:09] <ShootaBoy> Directly Engage Doctor Bad Guy
[11:34:16] <ShootaBoy> !r 2d6+2
[11:34:17] <Krysmbot> ShootaBoy, 10+2 = 12
I resist or avoid his blows and I impress, surprise, or frighten him.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 2 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Hero Boot Camp

Ha! Guess he's not tough enough to take my spell head-on - I almost can't believe it! Don't get me wrong, I know how awesome I am, but he's definitely no slouch, despite what a taskmaster and jerk he can be sometimes. Maybe working out did more good for me than I thought... or maybe he's just scared of a little heat. How insane by the way, given that he's flinging lightning bolts every which way. Those things are way hotter than most fires - I say most because mine are magic, and I can only imagine the temperatures I can get mine up to.

Regardless, looks like most of the 'civilians' are safe, my teammates are generally doing fine, and the good Dr. Badguy's looking rather defeated. I'm not letting him ignore what just happened, and I've also got to do this right. There may be no audience here, but I should be practicing like there's a crowd of millions anyways. Taking a couple steps forward, flames once again gathering above my hand, I point at our designated antagonist with the other, smirking with obvious satisfaction. I've been kicking rear end this whole fight, but now it's time for the denouement. Once Tatsu's landed his hit, I'm ready with a dramatic followup announcement, absolutely doing my best to steal the show from him - it's strictly professional though.

"Surrender villain - you're clearly beaten, and besides, I just got forced to do like, a billion pushups and situps and laps - price of being a Hero I guess." Yeah I'm sorta calling our actual teacher out here some too. "Anyways, I was thinking up spells up the whole time." My hair's billowing in the wind and heat of my flames, but I'm grinning like I don't even notice it, still sauntering forward across the street of this practice area. It's time to end this, and lying's as good a way as any to do so.

I was thinking spells up, don't get me wrong. I loving hated having to run laps - I got super better at flying with my magic, ever since I practiced after I got sick of explaining to people who I am on the monorail, so why do I need to know how to run around quick - and inventing cooler spells was a great way to distract myself during the exercises. I just don't have the one I'm about to describe. "This next one's way more powerful than the Phoenix Grand Lancer, and there's no risk to Chimera... just you. You've lost - give up!" I sound so full of conviction, look utterly self-assured, have an unshakable confidence about me... and truth be told, I can't hit him from this angle safely whatsoever. But I bet I put on a good enough performance that he won't realize that.

<Rauri> Flaire's Shutting Down Dr. Badguy
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+3 = 11
Inflicting another condition


It's important to note here that I'm not actually hitting him with a spell. I'm going to use the flames I've summoned to pose dramatically. It's just that he clearly doesn't want a face full of fireball and I happen to be threatening him with one...

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jan 23, 2017 around 09:35

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

Great, just great. Here I am again, stuck miles (not literally) away from the fight, right at the end, just like back at the stadium. Perfect. Good job Barracuda, really making a difference with this 'team' you're 'on'. Which I'm not. But I might as well not even be here for all the good I'm doing. Not like... well, Chimera, really, she's still freaky, but she's actually been putting the hurt on him. Only one of us to do much good - though judging from the size of that fire beam Flaire might have done something as well. Still. I'm not doing any darn good. Gritting my teeth, I stop running towards the fight and kick the nearest tree hard. It doesn't help.

Preparing to kick it again, I freeze, feeling Mithril's touch, composing myself as hurriedly as possible. I don't think it does any good though, because she immediately asks if I'm alright. Yeah, fine. I lie. Doesn't help either though, because she goes on, trying to support me for taking the hit, like THAT was the problem, which just makes me feel even more bitter, and a bit pissed off that she thinks I'd be upset about getting hurt. Oh... Darn it, I'll just tell her! It can't make me feel worse!

The hit's fine, I'm not hurt. I kick the tree again anyway. What am I even doing here? I'm not on this stupid team anyway, and because I keep wasting my time trying to look out for other people I keep getting stuck doing absolutely NOTHING useful! Last fight I set off the fire alarms to get the crowd free from the hypnosis, and I had to spend the rest of the time getting trampled and saving people from getting trampled, while the rest of the team screwed up the job fighting Songbird, and now I tried to pull in all the lightning and all it got me was rocketing away from the fight! I didn't have any of these problems when I was a solo hero, AND I didn't have to work with people who don't even care. ...Except you, anyway. ...Thanks.

[Opening up to Mithril and clearing Afraid]

I wasn't entirely wrong. Ranting to Mithril did do one thing, I don't feel remotely afraid anymore, but I am even more angry than I was before! And more determined, I'm not going to sit this out! Who cares if I'm far away, I can still take down 'Doctor Badguy', even from here. I don't have a gun and superpowers for nothing! Looking up at the nearest tallest tree, I fire my grappling hook and rappel up to the top, perching on the very tip of the tree and staring across at the fight. They're tiny from here, but my vision is exceptionally good and the mask can zoom in even further, until I've got a bead on Doctor Badguy. Bringing my gun up, I load of my tranquilizer darts - normally it couldn't reach that far, but I have enough lightning left to supercharge the gun, aim at his back and fire.

[20:39:07] <goshfish> directly engage doctorbadguy
[20:39:10] <goshfish> !r 2d6+2
[20:39:11] <Krysmbot> goshfish, 10+2 = 12
taking his consciousness, resisting/avoiding blows due to distance.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions:

Hell yeah! We're winning! Or it sure feels like it. Dr. Badguy's getting piled on, the robots are safe-ish, and I just need to get rid of that lightning rod before it gets any more supercharged to finish this fight.

I reached into a side pocket on my quiver for a special magnetic bolt. What I needed to do was loft it, hit the lightning rod's balloon at just the right angle that the rod clings onto the magnet, and let it carry that thing right into the forest away from anyone it could harm. Inhale, exhale, hold your aim... FIRE!

Silver Unleashes his powers of gadgetry to get rid of the lightning rod since it's done its job.
[06:33] <mistaya> !r 2d6
[06:33] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 10 = 10! Wooo!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



As the lot of you jump him, he sees Silver Bolt knock the lightning rod out of the air, where it tumbles to the ground discharging its charge into the ground. After a few moments, he quickly realized he's outmatched by the lot of you wailing on him. As the dust clears, he's on his back, dazed. Do you have anything to say to each other in the aftermath that you wouldn't want him to hear?

After a few moments, he comes back to himself. He leaps up, kicking up a cloud of dust, and when he lands on his feet, he pulls of his mask, revealing the long hair and beard he had jammed in the balaclava. Instead of looking annoyed, he lets out a hearty laugh and jovially claps Chimera on the the back, saying, "Yes! You did very well tying me up while the rest of the team split off to their tasks." He looks at everyone else, saying, "In fact, you all did wonderful! You properly prioritized the civilians while also taking the nefarious Doctor Bad Guy out of commission. Once the civilians were safe, you had a fresh second wave to finish the fight."

"So, how did you decide to divide the team?" He's looking at Silver Bolt as he asks, waiting for an answer.

No matter how the resulting discussion goes, he eventually says, "I think you've all earned some time off. Take the rest of the day, and then we'll be headed back to the city tomorrow." He dusts himself off again, and then walks into the woods, towards the cabin or other shelter you presume he somewhere out there. Which leaves the lot of you in the wreck of the downtown training course, and your tents just a few clearings away.

This is some of the first free time you've had since you've been at camp! What do you plan to do with it?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions:

"Oh, um..." It would be easy to take credit for being the leader here but I rubbed the back of my head and just laughed. "I didn't, really. Everyone was playing to their strengths perfectly already, so barking orders would just have messed up our synergy. I was watching everyone in case we needed to change tactics though!" I added, just so he didn't think I was being lazy or clueless. "This was a great formation for us, honestly. Chimera is really strong in the front line, Flaire is the best at keeping everyone's attention, 'Cuda is an amazing flanker, Mithril did great with the 'civvies', and Tatsu shielded us. It worked!"

Hearing Storm King's praise meant a lot to me. I didn't want to be a team leader who had to micromanage anyone, anyways. All I wanted was to keep everyone working together smoothly.

------afterwards...

Now that training was over, I was starting to remember all those things that were still hanging over my head like Mom still being MIA.

Didn't want to think about it. Put a smile on, Matty.

"There's a lake not too far from the tents. I think I'm going to go swimming," I said, giving Flaire a sideways glance. "Anyone want to join me?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty | Location: Bootcamp


And just like that it's over. The fight and this whole bootcampy thing we've been doin'. Storm King started talkin' about some kinda stuff, but once it became clear that he was talkin' to Silver about leadery things I just tuned out. No need for me to listen to that crap. All I really take away from it is what I already knew, that we did good. Somehow. Yay for us, I guess.

So that's that, and we're just free to do whatever now? Well now what the gently caress do I do? This ain't exactly an environment that's conductive to anythin' that I might consider fun. We're in the middle of nowhere. No buildin's, no alleys, no people. Well, I guess that's not totally right. There is the 'team'. Silver's alright, even if he can't off me. Can't say that I've dealt with Barracuda enough to say anythin' about her, other than the obvious, and I ain't that kinda thing. I'm not even gonna think about Flaire if I can help it. Same situation as Barracuda with Mithril, only even more so 'cause I only met her this week. She seems alright though. Then... then there's Chimera. I... I wanna go and say somethin' but we've only known each other for a week. And I got no idea what to say even without that. Maybe... maybe small talk? That's a thing people do, I remember that. Aw gently caress this is a bad idea, so why am I doin' it?

I move over to Chimera and do one of the dumbest things I've done in a while. I talk to her.

"Uhm, hey Chimera. Ya did great out there. With Storm King. And all that. Good fight."

So fuckin' smooth Tatsu. So smooth.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Storm King's Secret Bootcamp

Well, there we had it. I was awful at cheering people up. All I wanted to do was give Barracuda a bit of a confidence boost and I had gone and messed it all up. What was all this about not being on the team, though? She was here, right? She was good at this. Maybe things hadn't gone her way. Maybe the rest of the team had messed up at the stadium. Was going solo really the answer? I shook my head. That would be a conversation for later. Even though things seemed to be settling down, the words of Dauntless echoed through my head. I shouldn't get complacent. You never knew when the situation would change.

You're welcome. Sorry for... sorry.

I looked over the rest of the team. We had worked well together. We all did our own thing, sure, but it all meshed together into a cohesive whole. I was worried about Barracuda. She seemed to be down about the whole thing, even after that shot from... well, extreme range. Maybe talking in person would help. It was hard to get a read on her without, you know, privacy violations. That was a major line in the sand. The biggest difference between a psychic superhero and a psychic supervillain was a lack of compunction about digging deep. Looking at her body language might help me actually... you know, not mess up.

It was so much easier when I was with Dauntless. I always knew what he was thinking.

---

Later...

After I made it back to the tent and stowed my combat gear, I poked my head out and looked around. Silver Bolt was giving the kind of eyes to Flaire that... well, I didn't need to be psychic to know what was on his mind. Probably should give those two some time. I'd check in on Chimera, but she seemed busy enough talking to Tatsu. Huh. Hadn't expected that, but good for them? I needed to figure out Tatsu's deal sooner or later. I'd read his file, of course, but Dauntless had asked me to keep tabs on him for a reason.

I walked over towards Barracuda's tent, "Hey, Barracuda, do you have a few moments?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

I don't particularly feel like talking to anyone about the training, or much of anything else for that matter, but as I return to the group I give Chimera a brief smile and manage an almost cheerful sounding, "Good Work." Then I set off for the tents. After a bit... I still don't really want to talk to anyone. MAYBE Silver Bolt, Flaire or Mithril, but Silver Bolt wants to go swimming, and even if I had a swimsuit that covered my face, it's pretty obvious that he's focused on Flaire right now, so that's those two out of the running. In the privacy of my tent, I flump back onto my sleeping bag with a small groan, unzipping the front of my suit a bit so I can breath.

Before I've really had a chance for a quality sulk, I can hear Mithril's voice coming from outside the tent. "mmrgh. I suppose..." Sitting up, I crawl to the entrance and open the flap. Looking up at her for a moment, I manage to shake of the lethargy out. Talking to her before did help a bit. "Actually yeah, let's talk." My voice is a bit more chipper already, and I stand up. "Somewhere else. Go for a swing in the trees? See if you can keep up?" I smile, then feeling the breeze glance down and hastily rezip my suit up, the visible parts of my face turning a bit red. She couldn't see anything inappropriate, but that was a bit more cleavage than I usually show off!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Storm King's Secret Bootcamp

I grinned as she popped her head out. That had gone much smoother than I had anticipated and, to be honest, a bit of a post-training stretching would do me a world of good. Muscles did tend to get all weird and stiff after a few bolts of lightning. I brushed my hair back behind my ear, "Great. Let me just grab my—" My eyes followed the deep V of Barracuda's costume down further and further, my train of thought completely derailed. For a moment I simply stared vacantly. I nervously laughed, my face also turning red, as she zipped her suit back up. "—gear."

I concentrated briefly on my tent and my armor launched up and cut through the air towards me. It just bolted on over my street gear, which was pretty convenient. The blades were the last to arrive. As the sheathes splayed out, the blades gently found their home as the entire assembly spun up into place behind my back. I'd seen her file. Her mobility was definitely high grade. Even with a few TK tricks I had picked up from Dauntless and the increased psychic conductivity of my blades, I didn't have much hope if she got too serious. Well. Never let it be said I was going to run from a challenge. I had a few gadgets that I had been working on. Might be a good time to put them through their paces!

As I stood ready, waiting for her to mark the course, I paid careful attention to how she was standing. Posture. The pieces of her face I could see. What was she feeling, really? I had caught a glimpse during our earlier discussion, but there had to be something else going on. She was the real deal. Why would she give up on the team after a few bad turns?

I cracked my knuckles, did a few quick stretches, and looked at her with a grin, "You ready?"

quote:

5:21 PM <Tricky> Mithril pierces Cuda's mask
5:21 PM <Tricky> !r 2d6+1
5:21 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 7+1 =
8

What does Cuda wish I would do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

Even flustered and frustrated, I couldn't help but feel a bit impressed watching Mithril suit up. It just looked -really- cool. The way all the blades slid in place, shhhhing. Darn. And so slick. Still... She might have cool telekinetic powers, but I'm not going to lose in a tree swinging race. "When you are." I lead the way out of the campsite area to the edge of the trees, looking around. "Let's say... race to that tree there." I point to the top of one tree, standing up above the rest, a little ways out into the sea of treetops. "And..." I glance back, flashing her a grin, more comfortable now that I'm fully blocked off in my suit and mask again, "don't feel bad when you lose, at least you'll get to enjoy the view!" With that I fire my grapple at the top of a nearby tree, pulling myself rapidly upwards, before cutting the connection to go fly through the air past it,, arching over the treetops.

Ahh... That's more like it. Nearly flying through the air, leaping from treetop to treetop, without anything to think about but getting somewhere else quickly, I feel a bit better. Freer again, like I should be as Barracuda. That's why I'm doing this, to be free of all that stupid pressure from my life. Approaching the top of one tree, I touch down with a single foot and spin on it, turning to face Mithril as she comes after, and leap backwards away, smiling at her before I fire another grapple and dart further from her, twisting in midair to face the correct direction again. I let out a brief laugh, which gets caught up in the wind rushing past.

Barracuda wants you to help her let loose, and/or convince her to join the team again

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Storm King's Secret Bootcamp

Just like that, Barracuda was off. She had some serious moves. Her file didn't do her justice. The fluidity of her movements combined with the sleek, form-fitting suit was like nothing I had seen before. As much as I was tempted to take her up on that offer of enjoying the view, I did hate losing. A sword spun out of it's sheathe and into my hand. I leveled it towards a tree alongside the one Barracuda grappled to and sent it flying through the air. It impacted with a dull thunk and then anchored itself with a pair of spikes from the hilt.

I reached out and whispered to her, I plan on that regardless, but it's not over yet!

I pulled at it experimentally and grinned. The anchors worked. Leveraging all my strength, I pulled myself towards the tree. I felt myself lift off the ground and then unceremoniously hurtle forward. After a few awkward midair flips and spins, I managed to right myself. Alright, alright, maybe I wasn't as elegant and graceful as Barracuda. I did have the speed, though! As I closed in towards the tree, I began to push down on the sword, sending myself arcing over the tree. It was simple enough to trigger the anchor mechanism again and pull the sword all the way through as I passed overhead.

Even though I was, more or less, keeping pace with the makeshift grappling system, I knew I wasn't going to catch up to her with moves like that. This was her arena. How could I make it mine? What was it that Damascus always said? Something like "only a fool fights in another's home." Out here, in the moment, it was hard to remember his advice. This was real. This was what I had wanted. A fellowship of equals. Friends. Not just being an aside.

I sent the four blades out in front of me. I couldn't pull myself towards them without an anchor, but perhaps if I were to push off of them instead... Only one way to figure it out. I leaped out over the first blade, sending a broad pulse of telekinetic force down beneath me. I wobbled for a moment, settling on top of it, then stopped holding it in position as I leaped forward again. The blade hurdled into the forest below and I rocketed forward. Now to see if I could do it on the fly. I guided myself towards the next blade, briefly landed, then repeated the process. Success. Each repetition took less and less time to complete, until I was almost walking on air.

Barracuda was up ahead, still with a commanding lead, so I began to push more and more vigorously. Her lead was shrinking, but would it be enough...? I hadn't noticed until now, what with all the effort I was putting in, but I had a huge grin on my face. This was really fun. We'd have to do this again. But how? When? If she left the team, wouldn't that be it?

I sent her a mental laugh, You're really something, you know that?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

Feeling the laugh, I look back again, only to see Mithril jumping from sword to sword across the sky. That was... way more impressive than the gearing up sequence, especially because I'd seen just how clumsy she was starting off on this race. Turning up the brightness on the red lights that act like my eyes on the mask, I flickered one briefly in a wink before dimming them back down. 'Not just me! Look at you go!'. I think back, if she's still connected enough to hear the thought. Still, she was actually gaining on me, and I didn't plan on losing here! I'm going to have to change tactics.

For a moment, I consider trying to absorb her psychic energy from the swords, which I think I can do, though I've never tried, but I quickly decide against it. I'd have to get close enough to touch one for one thing, which would lose my what was left of my lead, and if I did, would it make her unable to hold herself up by that blade? This high in the air she'd probably be able to easily attach herself to another one to stay safe, but I wasn't going to risk that for a race either. I'd just risk myself a little instead! Grinning even broader, as I fly over another tree top, I fire the grappling hook down at one of it's branches, latching on with about eight feet of cable. Instead of pulling in though, I just lock it at that length so that my momentum arcs downward, looping around the branch, shortening the cable and spinning me around it again, and again, faster and faster until around five feet of length left I release the cable, and go flying even faster still across the sky again, a ballistic black and red streak heading right for the treetop. "CATCH ME IF YOU CAAAAAN!" This feels great, even though I smashed through quite a bit of smaller branches on the spin through, which battered me up a bit.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 2 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Hero Boot Camp

I mean don't get me wrong, I am SO glad the training is over - but can't we head back to Halcyon City today instead of waiting for tomorrow? Or at least get a stupid charger out here so I can finally get some power in my phone? I've been dead on social media all week just about, there have to have been an entire generation of memes comes and gone without me getting to offer my input - what if I'm not the hottest hero anymore (fat chance)? What if capes suddenly became fashionable for heroes again? I have NO idea, and yet we're stuck out here still and argh this is the worst.

Arriving back at the tents, I'm just about to check my phone with the tiny bit of life it has left when Silver Bolt asks if anyone wants to go swimming down at the lake, glancing my way as he does. Which... OK, I'm pretty sure I managed to not obviously blush, and now I'm super glad we didn't head back to Halcyon today. Better yet, it looks like everyone else has gotten the hint, leaving the two of us free to spend some time alone for once. Best still? There aren't any cameras here or anything like that, no public to impress - it can actually be ME, and not the persona I have to play in public where I'm super flirty with my teammates.

So I smile back at him, just a bit of a sparkle to it. "Hmm, think I'll tag along." I'd change, or get rid of my combat gear like the others are... except I don't use gear, and I didn't bring any of my uniforms with me this week, I've been wearing more or less gym shorts and shirts this whole time. As such, the two of us are good to go!

Since it's a bit of a walk to the lake - I had to run around it a few times this week every day as part of my exercise regimen, I know where it is - and there's woods separating the tents from the lake, it means once we've gone a hundred feet or so we're effectively out of view. Sure of our privacy now as the two of us walking side by side along one of the trails, I grin at our team captain / the guy I'm interested in. "Sooo Bolt, looks like it's just us here for this swimming trip... Wonder how that happened?" Taking a step closer as we walk together, I put an arm around his waist unexpectedly, laughing a little at my own audacity. Whatever, it's been a long week, and I KNOW he's interested in me...

Twirling some of my hair in my fingers with my free hand, I give Silver Bolt a look that quite a few of my fans would probably literally kill for. "Any chance you wanted to get me alone for some reason?"

<Rauri> Provoke Silver Bolt
<HugzillaPhone> aw, thanks guys
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+3 = 11
Provoking Silver Bolt to confess his feelings some, kiss the girl, or both. Team if he does, condition if he doesn't.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2017 around 09:24

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Storm King's Secret Bootcamp

When I see her rocket through the air like that towards the finish, I know I'm done. She's the queen of movement, no doubt. Of course, I'm not going to just stop. What kind of hero just gives up, even in the face of impossible odds? I'll pull out all my tricks and make it as close a race as I can. To do that, though, I'm going to need a bigger launchpad. Not just one sword. All of them. The sheathes too. The bits and pieces of my costume start detaching and combining into, essentially, a large floating lattice. It's not really what they're designed to do. I'll have to tweak the designs for a smoother combination next time. Regardless, I'd only get one shot at this. I really wanted to impress her.

I gathered all the energy I could into my feet, then let it burst in one perfect moment. Equipment scattered throughout the forest below, but I didn't have time to worry about that. I was flying faster than I ever had before. It was crazy! I could hardly see where I was going with all the wind in my face and I was feeling pretty spent. Landing was going to present a bit of a challenge if I didn't bleed off enough speed on the way. I couldn't make out much of what Barracuda was up to, but it looked like she was going to land on the treetop a few seconds before me.

As I approached the tree, I was finally moving slow enough to see clearly again. Not slow enough for a perfect landing — or even a particularly graceful one — but I'd at least hit the general area. I pulled myself towards the treetop, aiming to land on a branch next to Barracuda, but something felt a little off. I must have pushed myself too hard with that last stunt, because I found myself sailing into Barracuda, rather than next to her.

I desperately clutched at her, finding my footing after a moment, then I sighed with relief, "I gotta say, I don't know how you do it. You make it look so easy." It took a moment or two to sink in how close I was holding her, then I blushed fiercely and took a step back on the branch. "We should, uh, do this again some time."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

Twisting in mid-air, I look back to watch Mithril's final attempt to catch up to me, and I can't help wondering why she didn't do that all along, she'd have had a good shot at winning outright if she'd started with that - but maybe she had to push herself a bit just like I did. Even so though, I can tell it's not going to be enough for her to beat me to the tree, especially since she has to worry about slowing down, and I don't! Grinning even more, I twist back round again as I hurtle closer to treetop. At the last moment before impact, I twist one more time, like a cat falling to land on all fours but horizontally going what feels like several miles an hour, and land against the tree trunk with four points of contact, absorbing the impact neatly throughout my limbs.

Turning around quickly so I can watch her approach, I see her heading right at me, still a bit to fast to not hurt herself if I tried to dodge. "Whoa! Careful!" I call out a warning, and reach out to grab her, holding her up as she bounces off a bit and keeping her from falling. I hold her steady against me for a moment as we both catch our breath - mine gone more from the excitement of the race than exertion. "Some of it's practice, some is from the gymnastics I did as a kid, but some of it is just my power, I think." We both realized how close we were around the same time, and as she started blushing again, I quickly let her go so she could retreat - though I didn't, showing off all that skin earlier was way more flustering than that. "Yeah, we should! That was fun. Have you done anything like that before with your swords? I didn't expected you to keep up anywhere near as well as you did."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Storm King's Secret Bootcamp

I smiled and shyly brushed my hair back, "No, not really. The anchors were something I was working on in case I needed to pull a wall down or something like that, but balancing on them? That was new. Damascus always wanted me monitoring the situation with telepathy. Training, patrols, everywhere. That took all of my concentration and then some. I don't think I could have done anything like that without you pushing me so hard." I leaned back against the trunk of the tree and wiped the cold sweat from my brow. It was always cold when I pushed my mind that hard. Damascus didn't seem to know why, but he had his own way of controlling his mind. "Seriously, Barracuda, the way you move... wow."

My heart was going a million miles an hour and I was pretty sure it wasn't just the mental exertion from the race. I had no idea what to do with that. What I could do with that. I pushed it all back down through sheer force of will and focused on the more immediate problem. Barracuda said that she wasn't on the team. That meant that after this camp... I wouldn't see her again? I mean, it's not that big of a city, but who knew what sorts of restrictions there might be with meeting up with independents. The simplest situation would be to get her to stay and I just knew that's what she wanted, but how? I didn't even know what the problem was!

I shook my head and looked down a bit, "So, ah, I know you mentioned a bit about this earlier, but if you don't mind... Can you tell me why you quit the team? I don't get it, I guess. It seems like everyone gets along pretty well." I shrugged helplessly, sliding down to sit against the trunk. "I'm not good with people. Haven't had much of a chance to learn, either. I'm probably just missing something obvious."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Freak +3, Danger +2, Savior +0, Superior -1, Mundane -1
Potential 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure

When Storm King gives me a slap on the back and a compliment, I'm actually a little too surprised to respond right away. "Oh. Uh yeah, thanks." I thought he might be a little more freaked out about how I stopped him but I guess not. As he heads out, everyone else goes off in pairs which just leave me and Tatsu.

"Hey Tatsu. I mean, you helped out at the end too."

Not actually too sure what to say to him. I don't really know what he thinks of me, but he's seemed pretty cool about it over the week. "So. How's it going?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions:

"Ha, ha ha, ha... Why would you think that?"

Smooth. Very smooth. My cheeks must be as red as my goggles.

Okay so my original plan was more "beach party" than private date, but since no one else but Flaire seemed interested... Gulp.

"I guess we really are alone for once," I said, trying to act casual. "No cameras, no fans, no reporters... Nobody to impress. You still want to hang out with someone like me?"

---

He'll take the confession/kiss but need a post or two to work up to it. He's shy!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 2 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Hero Boot Camp

Ohhh he's blushing! That's adorable. I mean, I know I have that effect on most people, but it's still great to see it applies to Silver Bolt too - wouldn't exactly speak well of me if he's totally nonplussed by my charms, after all. Though he's being silly, implying I don't want to hang out with him now that there are no witnesses around to see it. Guess I should clear that up!

"I mean... yeah?" I can't help but giggle a little, both at his question and a TINY bit of nervousness, which is just... bizarre for me. So is walking through the woods though, and so are these ridiculous civilian clothes I'm in (even if I DO look cute in them, naturally) though. Not that there's anything wrong with bizarre circumstances - being unique is so much more fun than being average, trust me on that.

Still not having removed my hand from his hip, I give the blushing guy I like a big grin. "If anything, this is basically perfect. Neither of us has to pretend to be any more than who we are - and, uh, you know I think you're pretty great right?" And that I've been waiting on you to ask me out for what feels like forever?

Oh poo poo, what if he wants evidence of that? "I mean... we both know I wanna be team captain, and yet I keep voting for you over me. And yeah, it's partially because no one else is going to vote for me... but also because you, uhh, deserve it." Now it's my turn to blush a little bit - dammit, usually me wearing a lot of red and flinging fire around helps hide when this happens!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste



Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 / Conditions:

"I voted for you," I blurted out. "Um, no one else takes hero business even half as seriously..." (and really I couldn't imagine voting for myself.)

I would have probably tried to hold her hand but she had her arm on my hip which was kind of way past hand-holding stage. Ahhhh, what do I do? I don't want to be like THAT GUY but, but... I mean, she's... How can I face down slime spewing acid monsters without flinching and still be so totally lame in front of a girl!! Time to man up, Matty.

I pushed my goggles up so I could look at her without the tint. She was so cute, and smart, and dedicated. "I think you're pretty great too." I said, and I leaned in and kissed her.

What was the worst that could happen? Ahahaha, DO NOT ANSWER THAT.

I'm gonna end up roasted.

----
Team pool to 3!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 2 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: "Walking" towards the lake

So Silver Bolt's the one that voted for me - not sure why I hadn't figured that out yet, but that just makes this even more awesome! I'd kinda worried he didn't take me super seriously, since like... I mean, I think I memorized Night Hunter's coolest exploits by the time I was nine, and he's gotten personal training from her his entire life I bet, and meanwhile I may've exploded onto the Hero Scene a year ago... but aside from knowing tons about super heroes since I'm a nerd about them and a year's worth of time, that's sort of it for my experience. Also, got some losses under my belt (thanks again Bunny Bat)... so knowing that he respects me as a hero is pretty great.

The best part's definitely when he pulls his goggles up, tells me I'm great, and then kisses me. That's, uhhh... Quick Flaire Pop Quiz Time: Have I ever kissed someone (or been kissed by someone) in a serious fashion?

Pens down class, the answer's a bit fat No. Trust me, it's hard to cultivate my reputation with that, but it's obviously possible. But yeah, here we are, and I'm actually kinda surprised at my reaction to all of this. Not that it's bad! It's the opposite of that.

So for once I have nothing to say or pose to make - I just kiss back and put my arms around Silver Bolt, trying to remember from all the fanfiction I've read what I'm supposed to be doing here and not really coming up with any good answers. Guess I'll just hold him close and enjoy this... haha, super glad about now that no one decided to be a third wheel!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.



Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry Guilty | Location: Bootcamp


Well poo poo, that actually worked. Uhhh... now what? I uh, I sorta didn't think that I'd actually get this far so I'm kinda lost now. I guess that I just... keep talkin'?

"Nah, I didn't really do that much. Ya had him pretty much handled that whole time, another couple minutes and I bet ya'd've figured out how to take him down all on your own. Anyway, it'll be goin' better once we're back in civilization. I had more than enough campin' out in the middle of nowhere back in the day..."

Aw gently caress now I've gone an reminded myself of back then. poo poo. Oh I am just the best at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: 0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

"Glad I could help you work it out." I smile at her, leaning back against the tree trunk a bit. At least I did something useful while I was here. But then she asks me about why I'm leaving, and I let out a sigh. "Nah, you're fine. Hasn't really been in evidence much here. Most of us do get on well. That's the problem, Bunny Bat and Tatsu, more Bunny though. First mission as a team, it... well it worked out, but it was a bit of a disaster. We all messed up a bit," I don't really like talking about people behind their back, but... hard to explain without doing it. "but she was the main cause, and she absolutely refused to hear it, and just spent the entire time criticizing everyone else instead of owning up or even admitting she'd messed up. And when I pointed out that she should stop giving Flaire poo poo when she did even worse, Tatsu was like "oh well WE ALL MESSED UP so don't mention it" which, you know, could work if the problem wasn't her being a giant dick about it to Flaire in the first place. And she made it clear she wasn't interested in actually being a team in anything but name, and Tatsu kept taking her side, so I quit."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«13 »