Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Fre: +0 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I was on my way from school to yet another Piano Recital when I saw the explosion in the distance and got the call. Naturally, I didn't have my costume with me, so I had to run all the way back to school, grab one of my spares from the hiding place, change on the roof out of sight, then run all the way back to get to the Bank, and somehow I still wasn't the last to get there, showing up right before Flaire arrived. I'm sitting perched on top of the dome on the roof of the bank, looking down at the scene.

...Or more down at the City Hall, across the street. I'm so close! But I can't just head off to take care of that, I do have heroics to do, and a wizard to fight! I've been hoping to fight a wizard for ages! Ever since Math-Silver Bolt showed me his training ground and I found the area for training against magical attacks. Actually the best bit I found out was that most magic is actually just a kind of energy, which means I can absorb it, like Flaire's fire. Aaaaand I learned that there's this... well, a pressure point basically, but instead of paralyzing you, it paralyzes your magic. I so want to try getting in close on The Legerdeman and doing that, and see if it really works out. And imagine the look on his face!

Flaire start's giving orders, but since she isn't our leader, I don't move, instead waiting for Silver Bolt to give us some instructions. Well, I do move, hoping down from my vantage point to land next to the rest of the team. "What's the plan Silver Bolt?" Then I go back to looking closely at the Legerdeman again, thinking hard. He's obviously a bit of a dork considering his alias and outfit, but an powerful wizard for that, and clearly a bit insecure (again the outfit). We need to sto phim getting the money, and ideally have him break into the City Hall, or send his golems into there... How to do it though?

<godfish> support Silver Bolt
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+3 = 10
On a hit, they hear you: they mark potential, clear a condition, or shift labels if they open up to you. On a 10+, you can also add a team to the pool or clear a condition yourself.

<godfish> pierce Legerdeman's Mask
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+3 = 9
Asking, How could I get Legerdeman to enter/attack the City Hall

GodFish fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

I'll add a team for Silver Bolt opening up

I can't help but grin as Silver Bolt thanks me and winks, I wasn't trying to do anything really obvious, but it's clear he appreciated it! I'm feeling a little bit glad for my mask covering my face. "Got it Captain!" I leap up and away from him after he's given his orders, flipping over to land on the fountain next to Flaire, absorbing the flames I pass through, until I'm covered in gently licking tongues of flame as I stand next to her. "Alright Flaire, how do you want to- WHOAH!" Interrupted mid question by the pegasi, I have to leap up against to avoid getting trampled and then run over by the carriage. "Never mind!" Midair, I fire my grappling hook out of my gun and pull myself down to the driver's seat on the carriage, grabbing the reins and pulling hard, and to the left.

<godfish> take control of an out of control vehicle
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 12 = 12
<godfish> :O
It goes where I want
No powerful blow
The vehicle stays in one piece

"Keep him busy while I stop this, I'll be back soon!" With a pair of peguasi, wild from getting bitten, I expected this to be a lot harder to steer. But amazingly, I get control almost at once, able to guide the carriage straight through the walls of the city hall, all while managing to make it look like I was struggling to guide them. We smash through several walls before I bring them to a halt. That part actually was tricky, they seemed amenable to steering, but far less to stopping running away from Bunny Bat. Either way, I've got the carriage and the money safely smashed deep into City Hall, and now the Legerdeman will have to head inside.

Leaping off the seat, I hurry over to the nearest desk and grab up the phone, It only takes a second to find the intercom button, and I broadcast a hurried message. "The City Hall is likely to be attacked by the Legerdeman, please evacuate immediately for your own safety!" That should get civilians out of the way as well!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I can barely make out the sounds of fighting continuing from outside over the much closer and louder sounds of everyone rushing to evacuate the building. The fact that the Legerdeman doesn't seem to be following his money in here is pretty irritating, since it'd have been the perfect cover, but I've still got this chance to take a look, and take I shall. Still repeating the evacuation message over the intercom, I rest my other hand on the power cable lightly, and start to pull in the energy. The sound gets fuzzy and then cuts out as the lights flicker and shut down. There, that'll shut down any cameras that might see me... A quick slash of the blade attached to my gun unties the pegasi from the carriage to make sure it doesn't go any further, and then I head for the door to head further into the City Hall.

I've been to the City Hall more times than I can count, once on a field trip and the rest with Casey to visit his dad various times, so I know my way around it like a third home. ...Fourth home. Anyway, the point is I hurry down the halls, opening all the doors I pass to make sure no one is inside, yelling at the one person I've passed so far to get out, it's dangerous! And barely a minute later, I'm kicking open the door to the mayor's office. He's not here, good. I shoot a glance at the computer, but its down like the rest of the power, and I wouldn't have a password anyway. Plus he probably wouldn't be stupid enough to leave anything incriminating on his work computer. Instead, I go riffling through the file cabinet using the faint electrical glow from the power I sucked up, looking for anything on the few companies I know have criminal ties or operations. It'll give me a lead to work from.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

Right.... This sort of feels like a complete waste of time since I'm apparently invited (and almost definitely will have to go because my parents want me to either follow in Dad's footsteps (he's on the board of directors for several important businesses based in Halcyon City) or Mom's (she's a house wife and day trades stocks) so I'm either marrying Casey right out of high school or going off to college for business and financial education. Anyway, judging from what's going on outside my team really needs me, so I don't have time to look for anything more damning.

Managing to free my cellphone from my suit, I snap quick photos of the memos, stuff them back into the filing cabinet and run back outside to rejoin the fight. Whoa! There's a giant fireball blazing in the air like a second sun, and a horde of money coated people advancing on the others like classic Romero zombies. Speaking of zombies.... One of the ones angling hard towards Bunny Bat isn't completely covered, and from what I can see it's wearing the same clothes as our resident team zombie. "Hey Tatsu!" I call out to him as I leap through the air to land hard on his back. I reach out and grab his money coated shoulders and start to feed on the energy. Magic is just another type of energy, and right now he's being controlled by the magical energy coming from the Legerdeman! So if I suck that up, no more money golems.

<godfist> too bad gonna (fail) to defend Tatsu anyway
<godfist> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfist, 2 = 2
<godfist> who called that?
<godfist> I called that

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I glance up at the fight for a second, grimacing. I can't believe I've spent this entire fight digging through the mayors files and helping civilians get to safety! Where's the thrill in that?! I really want to just sprint over to The Legerdeman and get the final blow on him at least, and I'm about to do just that when I spot Casey. Why did you have to be here?! And with two pretty girls too, uuuuuuugh.

It's not like I want to be dating him. Heck, if he starts seeing some other girl, or girls even, it might make it easier for me to get out of it. And I want to fight this wizard. So I should just go and join the fight at the end at least. I should do that. Rationally, that's what I should be doing. But even if I don't want to be dating him, I'm still annoyed! And I'm even more annoyed that instead of doing what I want to do I scoop Casey up, tossing him over my shoulder in a fireman's carry -oh drat he's going to be staring at my butt like that!- and leap away. I just need to get him around the block, then I can set him down and head back. They might not be done by then...

"Who's a little hero then?" I say, barely managing to keep my irritation out of my voice as I hurry away with him. "Risking yourself for a couple of cute girls. One of them your girlfriend?" I'm talking inanely, trying to ask questions someone who knows him wouldn't ask, because I have no idea what I'd normally say to someone I didn't know I was rescuing. Around the block I set him down and rip off a strip of his soaked shirt to wrap around the cut on his forehead. "That'll have to do until you can get proper attention." I turn on my heel to head back to the fight.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"yeah, I bet." Now I'm even more annoyed, because I'm somehow stealing my boyfriend that I don't want from myself. This is incredibly stupid, but that doesn't help my bad mood at all. I need to do something to have fun today, and for a full second on my way back, I think I'm going to get a chance to take down the Legerdeman at least, but I get back just in time to see Bunny coming back down to earth after beating him, and bitch at Flaire (and Silver Bolt a little?) for some reason. I glance back over at her, and have to bite back a snicker at her hair.

I'm not in a good enough mood to let that pass without comment though. "Yeah Bunny, cuz you're in such a position to criticize after the great job you did with the carriage. That's why I almost got run over by the pegasi you were supposed to be dealing with and then had to crash the carriage to keep the money from ending up who knows where across the city." It's basically entirely her fault I didn't get a chance to actually fight anything, even if I did get some info out of it in the end. "Well. I'm out of here." I glance around and aim my grappling hook at the tallest of the nearby rooftops. Maybe I'll go to the Yard and beat up some dummies or something. That might help.

Might be telling Bunny who she is?

GodFish fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 28, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Wah!" I spin around so fast I almost end up on my butt anyway, it's a good thing I have superhuman balance! Then I gulp when I see Night Stalker. She... didn't know I knew? "Uh, um- Silver Bolt told me about it so I could train. I thought you knew..?" I shift uncomfortably, feeling suddenly like I just sold him out. "Don't be mad at him, it's been a big help, and I haven't told anyone else about it! I've got my own secret, I know what its like."

Its a good thing I do feel a little better after taking out that frustration on the dummy for so long, because I can answer Night Stalker a bit more calmly. I swallow again. "Nothing went wrong as such... Well... Bunny screwed up her job and I was stuck handling it for the entire fight. I didn't get back to the fight until it was already over, and she was giving Silver Bolt and Flaire crap for something I didn't see, and acting like she was perfect. It ticked me off." Under my mask, I frown at Night Stalker, not really seeing her, and grit my teeth. "I didn't become a superhero so I could chase down carts full of money my teammate was too stupid to secure!"

I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and try to relax a little. When I open my eyes, I'm a bit calmer again, and I stare at Night Stalker. What was the point of these? She doesn't seem to be here to kick me out, so why was she talking to me? To see how Silver Bolt was doing? She could have found that out on the news. To learn about me? That seemed more likely.

<godfist> pierce night stalkers mask
<godfist> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfist, 7+3 = 10
How could I gain Influence over you?
What do you want me to do?
What are you really planning?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3

"Okay, yeah, but..." It takes a second to gather my thoughts as to why saving people wasn't satisfying, since it... probably should be. "It'd didn't matter that I was there, anyone could have done what I did if they just kept their head clear." I pause again, then say a bit reluctantly, "well... I suppose they probably couldn't have gotten on and steered the carriage away from people..." So maybe I did make a difference. But still, it's not the difference I wanted to make, and I wouldn't have had to if Bunny wasn't a screw up!

Night Hunter doesn't seem as scary as she did at first, but still... Lying to her would be a bit too intense for even my tastes, so I avoid the first part of her first question. "What who was thinking?" I frown, then since you can't see that through my mask, cross my arms. "Yeah, she's not committing crimes or anything, so there wouldn't really be a problem if it wasn't for her attitude. . . And deciding that biting a pair of Pegasus attached to the carriage she was supposed to stop was a good idea. But that was just a stupid mistake, if she'd apologize..." I trail off into a huffy silence.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I give her a small shrug. "All Cobalt knows is that I want to expose the Mayor." Well, and who I am, but that isn't really related to why I wanted to be a hero. Or... it's entirely related, but the connection isn't obvious. Still... It isn't hard to believe she could get my story -more or less- out of Cobalt. I'm not sure how much I like Night Hunter. And I'm getting a bit irritated with her. "It's not likely that you're going to tell her what I said." If my face was visible, I'd be looking annoyed, mainly because she has a point despite that. "I'll bring it up at a team meeting I suppose." Turning back to the dummy, I give it another few hits, testing out her advice on stance.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I glare at her through my mask as I take the hint and leave. Yeah, Night Hunter is a jerk. It would have been a reasonable complain if she hadn't, you know, asked me to tell her what was going on. So I do and she complains about me telling her. Ugh. But hey, there's Silver Bolt at least. On his bike - I mean 'Argent-Cycle'. Man that's a nerdy name. SilverCycle would sound better really. Still, whatever the name, I'm not complaining. "Hey M-Silver." I take a short jump, landing balanced on one foot on the very edge of his seat sticking out behind them, and turn around to lean against his back. "Mind giving me a lift?"

I don't really wait for an answer, considering I'm already taking it. "How'd the media circus go?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I let out a small laugh when Silver Bolt hits the gas a bit and spin on the one foot I was using as balance. "Trying to throw me off Silv?" Putting one hand on the back of his head, I swing one leg up across his shoulder, then shifting my weight onto that and my hand, I swing my other one up to the same until I'm sitting piggy back on his shoulders as he drives down the tunnel. "Haha! How do you like that?"

My amusement dies down a bit when he asks where I've been, and I let out a small sigh. "I went rooting through the City Hall for anything on the Mayor. I think I found something good, I'll show it at the meeting, then I went to the yard to work off some frustration." I fall silent for a second. "Met your mom there, sorry about that, I didn't realize she didn't know you showed me the place. She seems like she'd be kind of... intense... to have as a parent." Now that's putting things diplomatically.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Better to ask forgiveness than permission huh? Well thanks for sticking your neck out either way Sil." I rustle his hair with my hand a bit as we ride along. "Let's hope she's good at both then, it looked like she was gearing up for something big." Hmm, I knew Mathew had a sister, but no one ever talked about Silver Bolt having one. "Is your sister going to be a hero too? How old is she?" Good, questions someone who knew nothing about his sisters existence would ask, I think. When he brings up my family, I make a face and let out a dark laugh. "Ha! Nothing, and I'm not about to tell them."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

"Must be interesting to grow up knowing you're going to be a hunter, huh?" Probably a bit like growing up knowing you're going to be a stuffy person in a suit managing several companies, or a trophy wife. Except being a hunter might actually be interesting. I let out a small sigh, and as Silver Bolt parks his bike, let myself slide backwards off his shoulders, flipping casually as I go down, landing on the ground next to him. "It's not so bad, they'd go nuclear if they found out I was Barracuda, they think she's a race traitor. But hey," I give him a smile, "it's not like no one knows me, I've got you." I wink and punch him lightly in the shoulder, then link my arm around his to walk up to the base.

Will mark potential!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

What, so now I'm supposed to tell the group I've spied out some intel on the Mayor's corruption in front of a stranger I don't know at all? Great. At least it's Wildfire, who was my second sponsor, so maybe he knows already about my suspicions? Doesn't make me much happier about it though. And neither does Silver Bolt's decision to criticize the time I spent sneaking into the Mayor's office to get the information at all, while barely touching on Bunny's fuckup. I glower at him through my mask, and speak up as soon as he's wrapped up his bit.

"If we're talking about things we can do to improve our performance in the next mission, I think Bunny Bat could stand to work on her attitude a bit. We all make mistakes, but when the first thing I came back to after making sure no civilians got hurt if the Legerdeman decided to go after his money and his ride was her criticizing you and Flaire it seemed to me to indicate a lack of self reflection." But that's only natural for a vampire. "Oh, and I was in the middle of draining the magic that was trapping Tatsu when you pulled him away from me and threw him directly at the enemy. Even if Tatsu doesn't have a problem with it, if its me trapped next time I'd prefer you let someone help me instead of using me as a projectile weapon."

<godfish> provoke bunny
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6 = 6
will mark potential if Flaire somehow resists the urge to chime in with a team
if its a 7, Bunny has to mark a condition if she doesn't admit to loving up

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry

I glare at Tatsu. "Okay, one, you were being controlled by the money so obviously you did need help, two, I had just got to you when Bunny grabbed you so you wouldn't know, three, I did manage to get the money off some of the other civilians, and four, none of this addresses the main point which is that Bunny completely screwed up her job and then was complaining about other people doing exactly the same thing!" Fuming, I turn to look at Bunny as she opens her stupid mouth. "No one even attacked my Ego genius!"

Oh, now shes going to act like she wants to be a team player? Little too late for that. "You know what, forget this. There's only three people here who are actually interested in working as a team, and they're the ones who are alive. What a drat waste of time." I stand up and grapple to the window, kicking it open as I speed to it. "Let me know if that changes at all." Then I'm out into the sky, jumping away. Its a shame about Silver Bolt and Flaire, but I don't need any of them, and I'd rather go back to working alone than having to put with this garbage.

Yeah, tell the team your problems, good thinking Night Hunter, that worked great. They both just completely ignored the whole thing, insulted me, and then tried to pretend like nothing had happened. Can definitely see why that was a good plan. Last time I listen to you.

<godfish> also, good advice Night Hunter
<godfish> that worked great :v
<capfalcon_work> Wait, you're saying batman didn't have good advice for how to get along on a team?!?
<godfish> actually good point
<godfish> reject Night Hunter's Influence
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7 = 7
<godfish> bam
<godfish> eat it Silvers mom :v
will cancel her influence and take 1 forward against her

Taking Angry

GodFish fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 7, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry

Is this a new scene from last time?

Eventually, I stop swinging and just sit down on the high roof of some nondescript office building. The cold night air, the mindless activity of the traveling, and the isolation have all helped cool me down a bit. I'm not specially angry anymore, but I'm not planning on going back either. Bunny might have had something that connected to the mayor, but even if we worked on it again, she'd probably just not bother to do her job again and act like a stuck up jerk to everyone else. No. It might be worth contacting Flaire and Silver Bolt to get them to help with this meeting, but even with a calmer head, Bunny showed no interest in actually being a team.

Still brooding, and mulling things over in my head, a voice makes me snap to attention. It doesn't take long to spot the source as I scan the streets, two people I don't recognize, one person still in uniform and one with a knife, and one I do. Thresher... But not Thrasher? They were a duo act, Thresher and Thrasher, two guys build like brick houses, with the brains to match, and the two reason's its weird to see Thresher here is that one, they both got locked up a few weeks ago, by yours truly, and secondly, before I bagged them, they were pretty well placed bodyguards/security for one of the crime rings I was busting. So what he's doing alone, doing street level crime is beyond me. But I'm not going to let that stop me from stopping him either way.

Making sure this short delay isn't going to result in the civilian getting hurt, I take a moment to set a small portable speaker down, and starting playing my* theme. *Okay it's not mine, it's Jaws, but whatever a Barracuda is basically a shark. I might not be about putting on a show like Flaire, but I do have some style. Then I slip off the roof, rappelling silently down through the darkness... Until I drop suddenly between the fast food worker and Thresher and whoever this other guy is, landing on two spread legs and one hand, other hand holding my gun ready. "Duuuuun!" I spin around, leg lashing out to sweep Thrasher Jr off his feet, and swinging my foot up to smash into Thresher's knife holding hand.

<godfish> directly engage Thresher and friend
<ShootaBoy> Vigil post
<ArashiOfOrdoPhone> Phonetically I'm reading that as the way Arnald Swasanigger says meow.
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9-1 = 8
Surprising or Frightening them please

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Haha, yes, this is what I've been wanting! A real fight, just him and me, head to head. Time to really unleash the Barracuda on him! Dancing lightly on my feet, I'm about to spring forward, a wide grin on my face, and then I freeze, grin and my excitement deflating together. ....Dammit! Why can't I just have a FIGHT? Why do we always wrap things up before I have a chance to have any fun with it??? I let out a small sigh, and kick the trash can lid to the side with a foot, heading over towards the fast food worker.

"Yeah, I'll get you home. Just a second, okay?" Sighing again, I pull out my phone and plug in the number to report disabled criminals, and then ziptie their hands together to be safe. I don't think either of them will be getting up soon, but still. "Alright.... what's your name anyway? Where do you live?" I pat her on the back a couple times, then help her up to her feet. "I'll you a treat too, no point wasting money for a taxi ride. Hold tight." I wrap her arms around me, so she's clinging to my side, and slip my own arm under her shoulders to hold her just as tight, and then I grapple up to the top of the nearest building, and take us across the rooftops in the direction of her house. Having a big dead weight on my side makes things a bit clumsier, but I don't have super strength and balance for nothing.

Once we've gone a little ways, I take a detour towards the one of the taller buildings in the city, and sit us both down on the edge so she can get a good look at the place. It's very pretty, even if I'm not in the mood to appreciate it right now. "Nice view, huh? Take sometime to just enjoy it and calm down. You've gotta be freaking out a bit about that, right?" I smile in as comforting a way as I can under this mask, still wishing she'd just run away so I could have beaten Thresher up.

<godfish> comfort fast food lady
<godfish> (not a superhero name)
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+3 = 12

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Maybe you can get your brother to pick you up after work? Muggings aren't that common, but I can't be here every night." I grin a little, joking, but then an idea comes to me. "Actually...." I trail off, digging around in the very tight pockets built into my suit, and come up with a couple hundreds -my spending money for a couple days- and hand them over to Haley. "Here. For cab rides home until you've got a few paychecks. You didn't get it from me though, or everyone'll be wanting them." I keep smiling, and tap the side of my mask so the red light in one eye blinks out for a second, -a wink- feeling satisfied with myself for a good deed done today, entirely unrelated to being Barracuda.

"Oh, uh. Y-yeah, I'm with Moonlight Vigil." I return the hug with mixed feelings, both proud and irritated thinking about the team I'm on. Was on. "Glad we could help, that's what heroes are for, right?" Thankfully my phone goes off so I have an excuse to get going. "Oh! Sorry, getting a message from them now. Here-" I grab her up again, and rappel down the building, setting her down on the street near another bus stop. "You can get the rest of the way, right?" After getting her confirmation, I zip up into the buildings again, looking at the message.

"What the heck is this?" I frown at Flaire's message, and let out a long sigh. Something awesome, how incredibly vague. Well, alright, but if it involves anyone but Flaire, I'm out of there. I head back to the base, not bothering to send a reply, and before long I'm hanging outside her window. I knock on it a couple times, and once she opens it, I stick my head inside. "This better be go-" Oh hi Bunny Bat. "Never mind." I pull my head back out and start to rappel away again. Yup I'm ooooout.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I draw up short for a moment, giving Flaire a slightly puzzled look that no one can see behind my mask. "...Fanart of you?" I'm not a social idiot, I know what it means, but thinking of someone drawing fanart of a real person is pretty weird to me. "How much of it is porn?" I'm not making any move to head back though, just not moving further away. "That's what you wanted me to see?" Okay, I am curious to see what it is, but still...

"She apologized huh? And actually wants to work as a team, not just criticize other people?" I slowly extend my grappling hook so I move smoothly back down until my head is at window height. "Well, lets hear it then."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Yeah, I didn't think so." Amazing, how no matter how low I set my expectations, Bunny Bat somehow manages to fail to meet them anyway. I would have left then and there, but she's leaving, so I'll stick around a bit. "Are you really going to stick around with a worthless garbage pile like that Flaire?" If her hand is still out, I take it to enter the room through her window, and then head over to her door to make sure its locked. I don't plan on talking to Bunny again if I can help it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2

"Uh huh. And your powers are really to control water." My voice is thick with sarcasm, even if the line isn't very good. I peruse the fanart in silence for a moment, not really paying attention to it, mind elsewhere. "I'd love to, but I really need to get home...." I trail off, eyes scanning the room again. Flaire's so drat lucky, she can just kick around here all she wants, no need to worry about stupid boyfriends or parents or anything. Must be nice to not rely on someone else for money... Sure wish I could do that. But I'm stuck with who I've got. And it's not like I could stay here anyway, considering I've quit. Gritting my teeth, I make up my mind. "Actually, be back in a minute."

I go back out the window and up the side of the building a bit until I'm definitely out of earshot of anyone else, and call home. It takes some wheedling, but eventually I've convinced my parents that I'm spending the night at 'a friend's' house, someone from the student council who isn't actually my friend at all, because the traffic jam caused by Legerdeman's robbery got me stuck in town. Then I'm back through the window and into Flaire's room again. "Pulled it off this once." I don't think I could have stood going home after all this bullshit in my real, hero, life. "Lets watch some movies."

Determined not to discuss my former team at all while we're there, when we do get to talking, our most interesting conversation had to be the one about music I think. I showed her some of my favorite tracks, and she showed me some of hers, though mine were a lot better. We had a pretty pleasant argument about them, both of us getting louder and stupider as it got later into the night.

Still, the excuse would only hold so much water, so in the morning, I get up and go back home. Flaire as still asleep, so I left her a note on the window.

Note posted:

Flaire,
Had to jet, didn't want to wake you up. Thanks for the fun night :)
-Barracuda

Do you know what possibly the most boring sport in the world is? Baseball. You get about, oh, a minute overall of excitement for every hour you spend sitting in your seat watching people standing around and missing baseballs. So. Much. Fun. It's probably fun for the players, don't get me wrong, I could actually have fun if I was on the field batting I bet. But in the audience, blechhhhhhh. So naturally, that's the thing that Casey got us prime tickets to. In the Mayor's private seats -without the Mayor there, thank god- for tonight.

I couldn't even turn him down, because not only don't I have the a team to coordinate with anymore taking up that time for the internal justification, but he also presented it like a huge treat, going on about how upset I must have been about my recital being canceled due to the attack, and he wanted to make it up to me and on and on and its been so loooooong since we've had a date together (like a week I think) and in the end I just couldn't think up a good excuse why that didn't work until it was too late and I'd already 'agreed' to it. Maybe a supervillain will attack the game. That'd be nice.

Until then... I've already do my couple hours of piano practice, and my student council work, and I'm currently idly finishing up my homework for the next week, so I've got a couple options. Sit around home all day listening to music and being miserable (tempting), go out and see if I can find anything new on the mayor (probably pointless at this time of day) or... there has to be something I'd enjoy doing right now...

Eventually, I pull out my phone and sent a text, not entirely sure if this is going to be being miserable, pointless or enjoyable.

@Silver Bolt posted:

Meet me at Liberty Park Mini Golf? In costume. I want to talk.

Session move: Growing into the image of myself, Cuda doesn't need the team to be a hero: Superior up, Mundane down.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 23, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I drive to the Mini Golf course, stopping a few blocks away to head into a building and change, then go the rest of the way on foot. I'd actually been planning on just using it as a landmark to meet up, but Silver Bolt is already in line to get clubs and balls when I show up, and hey, it might be fun. At least it'll just be the two of us around on each hole so I don't have to worry about anyone listening in.

"Well, I got information on the Mayor, I told you before, remember?" I line up my shot, give the ball a whack, and sigh. Well, I might make it to par on this one. "Lazarus Corp is hosting a fundraising dinner for him soon, twenty k a plate. That's a lot even for usual corruption, something big is going on. I want to look into their end, and I'd rather not do it alone. Out of the two people I could ask, you're the obvious choice. The skills needed are a lot closer to yours, and lets be honest, I don't think Flaire can manage subtlety, if she's ever heard of it"

GodFish fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 23, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I'll take par. I bend over to fish my ball out of the hole, shaking my head. "I know that, we don't need to spy on the mayor or anything. It's Lazarus Corp. They've got something illegal going on, we just need to find it. Even if the Mayor isn't directly involved, he has to know its going on because they're bribing him." I lean against my golf club as I want for him to finish up his putting. "I'm going to break in there, and I could really use some help. Planning at least, you know a lot more about stakeouts and that style of thing than I do, but having a partner inside would help a lot. If you aren't willing to do that, just a pair of eyes on the outside to let me know if the police are showing up would be something."

<godfish> provoke silver bolt
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 10+2 = 12
Team for agreeing to help Barracuda with her raid on Lazarus Corp, take a condition if you don't

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I beam at him. "Thanks Ma-Silver Bolt! I knew I could count on you." Behind my mask I roll my eyes a bit, "no, I think I'll pass on that. You sound like my parents." Heading to the next hole, I give his phone a dark look when he says its Bunny Bat on the other end, but quickly get distracted when he points out Legerdeman. What the heck is he doing here?! I shift my golf club to the off hand and reach back to unsling my gun from it's holster on my back, getting ready to take him out if he makes a hostile move.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I blink a couple times, slowly reattaching my gun to my back. "why even bother..?" He's not even playing with anyone! You can just... write whatever score you want on your card. I turn my head to look at Silver Bolt and shrug. "He got out on bail and came to play mini-golf?" This guy is seriously weird. He's got a point though, if someone did force him to steal that money, it might be Lazarus Corp, someone else, or my suspicion, the mayor. Something else to address first though.

"You told Bunny to come here?" Though my eyes aren't visible, my tone of voice makes it clear what I think of that. "Guess we better make this quick then." With a leap, I'm standing on the small windmill next to Legerdeman, balancing easily on one foot. "Hey Legy. Cheating on your golf score is a bit of a step down for you, huh? Guess your rehabilitation is working then." I grin, showing a lot of teeth. "So who was making you steal all that money?"

<godfish> provoke legy (spill the beans)
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+1 = 7

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"That's why I haven't done anything to you Legy." I hold my hands open, palms up. As if it mattered. I could grab my weapon in about... well less than a second. "You know... the lumps are supposed to be there, you have to account for them when you putt."

Anyway, getting away from the point. "Well, you don't have to tell me anything, it's true. I wanted to try and get whoever it was locked up, but if you don't want that, nothing I can do about it. I'm sure Flaire would be disappointed,." I sigh, shaking my head theatrically and hop down from the windmill, moving back towards Silver Bolt. "but its only natural that you wouldn't want to work with one of the heroes who brought you in. Don't let me disturb your game then." It's a good thing Flaire mentioned (once, or twice, or a couple more times) that Legerdeman was a fan of hers while we were hanging out last night. Didn't think it'd come in useful, but, maybe it will.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 31, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Uh." I stare at Silver Bolt as he runs off for a second, before looking back at Legerdeman. "No idea." Still sitting on the windmill, I pull out my phone to send a quick text.

@Silver Bolt posted:

Whats up?

Then I slip my phone away and look back at the criminal turned putt putt cheater. "I can pass it on to Flaire, but it'd have a lot more weight if you'd offer something up first. We'd be trying to take them down, so it's not like it'd hurt you, you know?" Bunny Bat? Who? I certainly didn't see Bunny Bat here, what are you talking about?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

'Family Stuff' doesn't mean quite the same thing when it comes to Silver Bolt's family anyway. That's troubling, especially given what I saw last night. Hmm.

@Silver Bolt posted:

Your mom? Let me know if I can help.

Sighing again, I slip my phone back away. "Fine." And my phone comes right back out to dial up Flaire. She better answer this, I don't want to hang around with a dorklord like Legerdeman for too long if I have to.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Ugh, I don't have much time left for this. Flaire doesn't answer, but she does send back an unhelpful text. She's fighting zombies? Well if she has time to text she can't be in much trouble. Irritated, both by her and the upcoming date, I slip my phone away again. "Right. Flaire says she'd absolutely love to meet you to talk about this soon. With a couple of winks and a heart. I've gotta get out of here, so give me your contact information and I'll work things out for a meeting." Once I've got the information, I head out.

Traffic and getting out of my outfit discreetly means I need a lot of that hour time for this. And no, I don't have any plans to make this non-miserable. If I could invite one of my real friends to come along it might help, but that's not really a date if I do that. Maybe someone'll attack the ball game. That'd be nice. I've got most of my Barracuda suit on under my clothes, luckily no one will ever be able to tell because my parents would never let me out of the house in an outfit that shows skin.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I'll give Casey this much credit: at least when he's talking about -to me- completely meaningless baseball stats, he isn't talking about his last football game. This is an improvement. Almost enough to make the fact that I'm stuck watching baseball bearable haha no it isn't. I was able to escape this torment for a few brief blissful moments of release when Hannah(!) walked by. She stopped to talk and we had a pretty good chat talking about what she was doing here. She's on a date as well, which is kind of huge news, I'm super proud of her. So that was a good distraction for... a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the total game time. I'm going to die.

Talking with Casey is kind of like talking to an excitable dog, and I don't mean that in a mean way. He seems happy and enthusiastic to talk about whatever I can think of until any pause and then like a dog spotting a squirrel it's baseball time!, and we actually have a reasonably good time (or, I do, I think he was having one anyway) talking about the latest superhero gossip until we run out of new stuff, and then it's right back to baseball! Maybe a baseball will come flying over here and hit me in the head and put me out of my misery.

"A bit, yeah." I look over at him curiously when he brings up Barracuda, and then freeze, staring blankly at him. "I-she's what? No she isn't? Where'd you hear... that..." I trail off as I read the tweet, look at the picture, read the tweet again, and it sinks in. Why. Flaire, why. Whyyyyyy. That note was clearly not meant to be taken in that direction at all, and Flaire knows it wasn't meant like that because we were both there and nothing remotely romantic happened! I'm almost about to make an angry comment about Flaire when my better sense catches up to me. There's no way I could actually know she isn't, and this 'evidence' certainly makes it look like she is, so I've got to act like I don't know any better. Annnnnnd, this might be my out. If Casey thinks I'm, or, uh, Barracuda, is gay, maybe he'll stop being so into her, since he'll think (accurately) that he doesn't have a chance! "Wow, I never knew that! And she's with Flaire?" I'm going to murder you Flaire, if I ever make it out of this interminable baseball game alive. "Lucky girl, huh? I bet Flaire's the envy of most of the guys in school, right?" Wait how does Casey even feel about gay people? I've never heard him take my parents burn in hellfire stance, but I've never heard him support them either. But most guys his age think girl on girl action is hot as anything, right? He's probably into the idea. I watch him curiously to see his reaction.

<godfish> pierce casey's mask
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8
looking at the questions none of them were really what I had in mind, so...
What do you intend to do?
I guess

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:

Casey's complete misunderstanding of my comment to go off and compliment Flaire instead me slash Barracuda gets him an unhappy look, but I don't dwell on it too much. Even if he is boring company and I hate going out with him, he did (probably) get me a present, so he obviously wants this date to be fun for me, despite his lack of any understanding about what a fun date actually would be.

...What kind of entertainment is this, two crappy musicians..? Oh. Oh! It's an attack! Yes! YES!! An actual attack, there IS a god! It takes a huge effort not to be obviously thrilled by this in front of Casey, who is earning himself a few more points by actually managing to get out of this musical trance to try and rescue me from danger. "Right!" I jump to my feet and turn to run after him, pausing in the doorway for a second. The gothier muscian is almost to the box, and we weren't the only ones in there... I hesitate for a second, then scoop up a baseball that was sitting there and hurl it hard at Solace(?)'s head then run after Casey.

<godfish> directly engage solace
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7-1 = 6
<godfish> welp

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Casey!" I run to his side and take a look at his leg, then quickly look away. That looks nasty. "Oh god - don't move Casey!" Before I can try to do anything with him though, Solace demands... money? And I spot Silver Bolt nearby. okay... Yes, got a plan! "You want valuables, here, try this!" I yank off my necklace - it's made of gold and diamonds, and probably some other less valuable things, but it's probably worth more than this stadium box - and toss it past him. Hopefully that's distracted him a bit, so I pick up Casey, heaving him off the floor so his leg isn't touching the ground and run out of the box. I need to get him somewhere out of the way, a bathroom or closet or something, then go and get into my Cuda-suit and get back to help Silver Bolt out.

<godfish> provoke solace
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 10+1 = 11

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I shudder a bit as I run away with Casey, it's a lot easier to take gross people being gross about my attractiveness when I'm Barracuda, and not just Susanna, and not just because I wanted my Barracuda suit to attract attention. This felt a lot ickier. It gets a bit better once we're out of sight though, and as I round the next corner, I remember to sag and act like my adrenaline wore off and I'm not a super heroine in disguise. That actually makes it a little harder to carry him, which adds to the effect, so by the time I set him down in the bathroom, I lean against the wall and actually do have a few deep breaths to take. "ha... thanks..." I smile down at him, and weirdly, I actually sort of feel warmly towards him, for once? "Sorry about the necklace, thought it'd distract him, but..." Casey gave it to me ages ago, it wasn't super special, but... I feel kind of guilty about losing it and it not even helping, considering I did it right in front of him...

BUT! I can't let this entire fight go by without chipping in, I need to get back out there! And Casey probably isn't hot on the idea of me leaving, so I need an excuse. Thinking fast, I straighten up. "Listen, I know the heroes will be here soon, but that guy was hypnotizing everyone, we can't let him... walk them all off the stands or something before anyone can stop him. I'm gonna go out there and see if I can smash a fire alarm to wake everyone up or something. I'll be back as soon as I can, don't worry about me, you know I'm a fast runner." He's seen me on gym days, I know he was watching (along with most of the boys).

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1

Running out of the bathroom, I immediately duck into the bathroom next door, and pull all of my clothing off and stuff it in my bag, then dig my Barracuda Mask out from the bottom of the bag, mentally cursing for not doing it the other way around. Finally attired, though without my gun, since it wouldn't have fit in my bag, I head back into the hall, break open a janitors closet and hide my bag in that, then jam the door shut and head back towards the box, finally. Bursting into the box, I see Solace flying right towards me, running from Silver Bolt. Nice work Matthew!

"Nice Pitch!" Grinning broadly, I reach to the side and pick up a decorative baseball bat, probably in this box because it was used and signed by someone famous for some famous run or something, and swing it right at the incoming super villain! This is more like it! Barracuda, finally getting a chance to just brawl with some scum! Something I can just enjoy, and not have any irritating regrets about. "Batterrrrrrr up!"

Affirming identity as Barracuda.
[23:58:18] <godfish> directly engage solace, as cuda
[23:58:20] <godfish> !r 2d6+2
[23:58:21] <Krysmbot> godfish, 10+2 = 12
resisting blows, taking away his mobility (broken leg)

*CRACK*

Haha! Eat that punk! I didn't aim for his head, obviously, because I didn't want to kill him, instead I aimed it for his leg for a bit of payback, and from the sound of it that broke his leg right back. I leap backwards gracefully, and land one footed on the back of a seat, lean forward to stick my butt out predominately, and tap it with the bat twice, smirking. How do you like the look of it now, creepo? "Swing and a hit... yes, I do believe it's a HOME RUN!~" Ahh, this is what it's all about! Barracuda strikes again! Actually, no strike here, she scores again!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1

"Since you got hit, I'll let you walk. If you can." Snickering at the baseball pun, I move away from Solace to the edge of the box. Looks more like we have two problems. Silver Bolt's obvious one, and the still hypnotized crowd. Hmm. Yeah, Silver Bolt can take of himself for now, probably! Turning on my heels, I run out of the box and back into the hall, looking for something small, bright, and red. Only once I'm down a little ways does it occur to me I probably should have told Silver Bolt what I was going to do... Whoops. He'll be fine though! Yeah. And, there it is! A fire alarm! Adjusting my grip on the bat, I swing it hard at the alarm, smashing it to pieces and setting it ringing across all the sound systems! That should break the hypnosis!

[17:10:29] <godfish> defend crowd from hypnosis
[17:10:32] <godfish> !r 2d6+1
[17:10:33] <Krysmbot> godfish, 5+1 = 6
using a team from ignoring Silver Bolt's predicament, oh dear, to make that a 7 by boosting Savior and lowering Freak
maybe we can escalate the situation by causing a panic via sudden release of hypnosis?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 5/5 | Conditions:

[14:00:16] <GhostFish> take a powerful blow from ungrateful crowd >:(
[14:00:18] <GhostFish> !r 2d6
[14:00:18] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 6 = 6
[14:00:28] <GhostFish> ~

Ugh - dammit, ow, can't these stupid people watch where they're going?! I should have thought this through a bit better, OW, if only I had my grappling hook! No, I'm not getting hit by another person trying to escape! In a brief moment -more like second- of calm, I take a deep breath in, focus, and move. A person coming from the left, barreling past me. I twist, and they brush past, now two straight on, shoulders locked together - my hand goes out, resting lightly on their shoulders, and my body lifts up, flipping into the air, so I rest one handed on top of them. No room to land now, so I continue the flip, putting one foot down on the head of the next person. I push off with my hand, carrying the flip into a leap, landing on another shoulder, then another, until I've made it to the top of a vending machine. I pause there a moment, eyeing the crowd. That's... not going to work long term. Or rather, it would, but I'd end up knocking people down and getting them trampled. Not a good plan. Instead of that, I move as far back on the vending machine top as I can, and then sprint forward, shifting my legs so I'm running along the wall, aiming for the next vending machine, garbage can, etc, then the next, then the next, parkour style.

[14:23:59] <GhostFish> unleash abilitys (gonna bomb)
[14:24:02] <GhostFish> !r 2d6-1
[14:24:02] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 4-1 = 3
[14:24:06] <GhostFish> who called that :v
[14:24:18] <GhostFish> me, the ghostfish
or, you know, I don't.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 5/5 | Conditions:

[20:40:34] <GhostFish> take a powerful blow, again
[20:40:36] <GhostFish> !r 2d6
[20:40:37] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 9 = 9
[20:40:39] <GhostFish> oh nooo
giving ground to songbird

Ow ow drat ow! I had a nice perch on the next vending machine, but this stupid herd of people almost tipped it over showing past it, knocking me right back into the stampede. Ugh, great, Songbird or whatever his name is off doing something in the stadium, fighting Sliver Bolt probably, and I'm stuck out here trying to get through a relentless stream of people, unable to do anything. What a waste of time! A bit of slightly less than elegant rolling gets me back upright, but not without being stepped on several times, and I pop up in front of Hannah. Just for a moment, I forget she doesn't know who I am, but that's right, I'm Barracuda, and she's - she's about to get trampled as well! Crap!

[20:50:03] <GhostFish> defend hannah
[20:50:08] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+2
[20:50:09] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 5+2 = 7
exposing myself to danger, of feet!

I dive forward, passing between several people jammed together, and roll as I hit the ground, coming up next to Hannah and pulling her back up to her feet. "Be careful!" I chide her, making sure she's steady, then leap away, heading back through the crowd towards one of the entrances to the stadium seating I can see... As long as none of the jostling crowd I'm in the middle of hit me AGAIN.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Taking Drives as my advance.

[15:35:03] <GhostFish> take a /sigh/ third powerful blow why is my team garbage at calming down a crowd :I
[15:35:13] <GhostFish> !r 2d6
[15:35:13] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 5 = 5
[15:35:22] <UnknownQuantity> pfff
[15:35:22] <GhostFish> thanks krysmbot
[15:35:22] <UnknownQuantity> oh wait no
[15:35:23] <UnknownQuantity> that's good

A few kicks come my way, but I've finally recovered my positioning and balance enough that I can roll, sway and generally just avoid each incoming foot and body, until I've got back upright and to the edge of the crowd. The edge here being the wall, again. And the crowd is still panicking. Okay. Trying to pull people out one at a time obviously isn't going to work, because in the time it took me to rescue Hannah, multiple other people are getting hurt.

The press is finally starting to move past me though, so I can move around a bit, what to do though? We need to cut this panic off from the source, probably, which means turning off the fire alarm and trying to calm people down. Only one way to do that, and luckily, I know what it is. You can't be the daughter of an overly rich family with traditional interests without seeing a lot of baseball games, and without having to go on a lot of tedious tours. Moving out of the press heading downwards, I head up to the top floor, where the announcers box is.

Annnnd the door is locked. That stops me for a moment, but the Golden VIP Pass Casey gave him today should get me through this. A bit of searching and I've pulled it out and scanned open the door. Okay.... Look around Cuda. You need the sound system stuff. There's the cameras, and... there it is, the sound panel. You're smart, you can figure out how to turn off the alarm and get the speakers working. Should be... these controls, yeah. "testing, testing... Is this thing on?" There isn't any way for me to tell though, great. "ATTENTION TO EVERYONE IN THE STADIUM. THERE IS NO FIRE. THE SUPER-VILLAIN ATTACK HAS BEEN CONTAINED. THERE IS NO NEED TO PANIC. PLEASE REMAIN CALM AND STOP STRUGGLING. IF ANYONE NEAR YOU IS BEING STEPPED ON, PLEASE HELP THEM UP. I REPEAT, THE SITUATION HAS BEEN SAFELY RESOLVED, THERE IS NO NEED TO PANIC."

[23:15:03] <GhostFish> defend crowd (or... provoke? I dunno, if provoke -1)
[23:15:06] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+2
[23:15:07] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 3+2 = 5
[23:15:11] <GhostFish> thanks krysmbot
[23:15:13] <GhostFish> thanks
[23:15:35] <GhostFish> GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER :V

Did any of that even make it through?

GodFish fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 31, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Yeah, things could have been worse. The fight with uh.... Solace or whoever was fun, and I kept Hannah from getting hurt at least. Could be worse. Grumbling to myself at the fisaco of the broadcasting equipment, I glance around the room to make sure there isn't a camera recording here and change out of my Barracuda suit. I'm not going to deal with any of the media nonsense or the rest of the team, if they finally decided to show up. I've actually made it a floor past where I stashed Casey before I remembered him, so it wasn't too much of a run. A few minutes later, I shove open the door, looking a bit more flustered than usual for me. "Casey! You're alright?" He is... that's good. "Sorry, I got the alarm off, but the crowd got into the halls faster than I thought... got swept along for a ways before I could duck into a bathroom to wait it out."

I move over to his side as I make up the story, looking down at his injured leg. What are we going to do about that? "I heard sirens, so there's probably medics here, lets get you to some." I bend over, pulling one of his arms over my shoulder and help him up, taking all the weight from his injured side to start walking him slowly down the stadium halls and to some paramedics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I give Casey a bit of a smile when he kisses my cheek, and try to clear away his concerns. "Don't worry, I'm fine. Got shoved around a little getting out of the way, but nothing that'll bruise even." It isn't until later, after I've waved off his apologies and we're heading down the hallway, that I realize it wasn't my automatic pretending to care response, and that I actually appreciated his concern, and the rest. It's weird, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's probably just because I'm in a better mood because of the fight. Yeah, that makes sense. Mentally, I'm nodding in satisfaction with that explanation.

"Yeah... think it turned into a bit of a mess..." I look around at the place as well, I hadn't actually gotten to see what was happening inside the field area itself. What the heck were they doing? "I saw a little, just got a look at Barracuda running past me up to the box we were in to fight uh... that guy." And there's some paramedics. "Ah, over there..." And we head over there. "Medics! Got a broken ankle here!" With my free hand, I wave in their direction.

• Locked thread