Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Halcyon City Bank

Ugh, did they really have to start the robbery at noon? What happened to doing it at sane times, like morning, or evening, where it's less freaking bright. Oh well. Not much to I can do about it. Flaire's barking orders, and of course they're stupid, because she's stupid. Thankfully, people were smart enough to not vote her leader, so I have a valid excuse to just ignore her. Actually, I would have ignored her even if she was the leader, but still.

Actually, that reminds me. Evil Eye mentioned that there's apparently some sort of nebulous figure tricking supervillains into being indebted to them financially, then bleeding them dry. A rather scary way of growing a power base. Easily going to backfire, too, but if someone is doing that they got to have backup plans.

This got to be happening to this guy. Why the hell would a wizard of all people rob a bank in the stupidest way, at the stupidest time of the day? He's got to be scared of the consequences if he doesn't...

Thankfully, Silver Bolt appears to actually have a brain beneath all those muscles. Sure as hell didn't expect that! Gracefully stepping forward, playfully swinging my parasol around, I turn to Flaire. "Yeah, how about I don't do that. Why would I engage the obvious distraction while his escape is standing right there, dear? Perhaps you should leave the leading to our actual leader. At least he appears to have some common sense~"

Following that, I turn to Silver Bolt, the man himself. "You got more brain cells than I expected, it seems, hunter boy. I'll be right on it~" I say before playfully blowing as kiss towards him, then quickly turning around and disappearing into the alley.

Hmm, I wonder how Pegasus' Blood tastes...

Directly engaging some flying ponies: 2d6+2 8 Choosing: impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition. Hopefully they'll run away or something.

Start of Session Reformed: 2d6+2 9 Someone calls for a favor.

quote:

Mask: The Reformed
Look: female, Transylvanian, concealing clothing, shadowy Eyes, regal costume
Abilities: Vitality Absorption being a gently caress-mothering vampire
Freak: +1
Danger: +2
Savior: -1
Superior: 0
Mundane: +1

What the hell, hero:
When you call out an injustice that a hero has perpetrated, roll +Danger. On a hit, take Influence over them. On a 7-9, choose one. On a 10+, choose two.
- You get them to admit their wrongdoing
- You win over an onlooker; take Influence over them
- You don’t turn their attention and anger onto yourself
On a miss, they dismiss you; mark a condition (their choice), shift Danger up, Savior down.

Wrong side of the tracks:
You always get to
ask an additional question when you pierce the mask of a villain, even on a miss. When you
pierce the mask of a hero (your call), add this question to the list:
- what was your darkest moment?

Friends in Low Places
You have ties to villains from your previous career. Name three. For each of them, choose a specialty.

quote:

Evil Eye

The League knows her as Evil Eye, I know her as Sara. She's got a pretty nasty illusion power. To the affected, it pretty much feels like reality warping.

But anyway, enough about her power, let me tell you about her. She's used to be my main partner in crime. Hell, we were pretty much life partners. Dracula gave me a hideout to use, and she always hung out there. I asked here if she doesn't want to go visit her parents at some point, but she only replied "I don't do that anymore".

Figure something must have happened there, but she never told me. But it's probably the cause of her attitude - because she's a bit nuts. A hot-head, and always looking for a thrill. Pretty much the opposite of me, I guess. Perhaps that's why we worked together so well.

Oh, and got one hell of an australian accent, too. Even after an entire year I couldn't understand half the words she said.

Specialty: Materials
Obligation: [x][x][][]

quote:

Lag

That'd be Lily. She joined our little villain team a month after I did. The picture pretty much describes her perfectly - a goth, always something sweet in her mouth, and somehow perpetually angry.

Usually at Sara for being too noisy, at her laptop for being too slow, at the cars being too loud, the food being too warm. I think I even heard her complain about the rain being too wet once...

Also not really worth a drat in a fight. She's just as brittle as she looks. So why did we keep her around? She was really good, crazy good, at computer crap. It's probably some sort of superpower. I mean, how the hell do you even drive a car via a laptop otherwise?

Anyway, she was pretty much the 'brains' of our team. Constantly getting info, doing mission control if we were feeling heist-y, and so on. Actually miss her yelling at Sara quite a bit. It never failed to amuse me.

Come to think of it, she never once yelled at me. Wonder why that is?

Specialty: Insider info
Obligation: [x][][][]

quote:

Luminaera

Ahahaha, yeah, that's Annabel. Also known as 'Pipsqueak', 'Ms. No Fashion Sense', 'Flashlight' and some other loving nicknames, she's pretty much been the butt of most jokes on the team.

You'd figure somebody with light based powers would be a hero, right? Well, that's kinda what she ran away from. See, there's this really famous legacy in Britain - the Lightbringers (not to be confused with this city's famous legacy of Lightbringers - apparently people have no goddamn originality nowadays) - and she's the most recent scion. But she's the weakest so far, and the least interested in the hero business to boot. At some point she just couldn't handle the pressure to be a hero anymore and ran away.

With a lot of cash, (and some weird magic crap she 'borrowed' from her family). I mean, we're pretty far away from anywhere British. But, anyway, we picked her up when she was just aimlessly wandering the streets - quite a lot like Sara did with me, actually - and she's been part of the team ever since. Despite the teasing she just loves being part of the team - likely because of the freedom she now has.

Also, remember when I said she was the weakest of the Lightbringers? Don't let that fool you. She used to be the team's heavy hitter. She's hella strong. I don't wanna know what the other end of the Lightbringer looks like.

So, yeah, now you know about my ex-team members. God, I miss them. Really wish I could keep in contact, but it's not allowed. Only place I can meet them is at the bar.

Specialty: Cosmic artifacts
Obligation: [][][][]

When you create your character, mark two obligations on one villain, and mark one obligation on another.

When you come to them for help with your problems, mark obligation on them and they’ll help out within their specialty. If all their boxes are full, then they won’t help you until you help them.
When time passes, roll +your highest obligation. On a 10+, they come crashing into your life with a crisis. On a 7-9, they call for a favor. On a miss, they don’t come knocking yet, but mark obligation with them—the debts are getting heavier.
When you help one of these villains with their problems, erase two obligations on them.

When our team first came together…
When the team formed we fought a terrible evil and they lost something precious. Who was it and what did they lose?

Relationships
I follow Barracuda’s example of what a hero ought to be.
I did something terrible to Flaire once. I hope they can forgive me one day.

Do you talk openly about your days as a villain? If so, give each team member Influence over you. If not, just give Influence to the one teammate whose example you most closely follow.

Moment of Truth
You’ve seen your greatest mistakes, and the rest of the world has, too. They’re all watching you now, judging every move you make. When everything is on the line and your back is against the wall, though, you’ll show them what you’re made of—that being a hero is a choice. An act of will.
And you’ve got what it takes to save the day. Of course, afterward, you can expect both sides, hero and villain, to deeply question where your loyalties truly lie...

Team Moves
When you share a moment of triumph with someone, ask them what gives them hope for abrighter day and give them Influence.
When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them what they would do something dark for and gain Influence over them.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 10, 2017 around 16:02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Halcyon City Bank

Bunny Bat slams into the wall, face first, and falls onto the ground. Quickly getting up again, she dusts herself off, before giving Flaire one hell of a death glare.

"Sorry to disappoint you, I'm fine." she snarks at Flaire as she gets out of the alleyway.

"But really, do you have nothing better to do with your time than wish your own teammates harm? Certainly shows how inept at being a hero, you attention-whoring dimwit. Perhaps you should go shove your cleave in front of a camera, that seems to be far more your forte!" she berates Flaire with very clear venom in her tongue.

"And if you don't mind, can you please stop setting every goddamn thing on fire?! You know I can't see when it's this loving bright! But I guess you never considered that, given how busy you are with hogging the spotlight..."

Take a Powerful Blow: 2d6 7 you lash out verbally: provoke a teammate to foolhardy action or take advantage of your Influence to inflict a condition (Angry if I get to choose) Also, marking Angry myself.

Provoke Leger (by insulting Flaire next to him): 2d6+0 5 Welp, exp.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2016 around 15:47

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Halcyon City Bank

Bunny Bat's voice starts to devolve into a growl, irritated at Flaire even more - her newest attempt to blind Bunny did not help either. Sure as hell didn't look like it was intended for Leger, considering how far off it was!

"Okay, I am loving done with this. As if a loving rear end in a top hat like you had a valid opinion... some lines are not to be crossed... and you. Just. Did."

Without looking back, she yells out to Tatsu. "Come on, let's loving get this over with! Fastball Special!"

Any time now, Tatsu...

Any -- oh, loving finally! Impatiently, Bunny throws her umbrella upwards, then grabs Tatsu's outstretched arm and throws him at the airborne wizard. Without further ado, she changes into a bat swarm, flying to the sides and flanking the wizard mid-air. After Tatsu hit him dead on (without doing anything, uhh, is everything alright there, Tatsu? You got, you know, hands. To punch him with... ah, never mind...), Bunny jerks his vision around... and their eyes meet.

And that's just enough for a hypnosis. Not going to be able to give any magical suggestions, sadly - however, it takes considerable mental effort to resist hypnosis. That, and trying to keep a spell up? Nearly impossible. And that was the real goal.

Hypnosis delivered, it's time for the fun part. Namely a fist to the forehead and an express ticket to the pavement.

Bunny quickly swaps back to bat form, and lands before Leger does - grabbing her umbrella and looking smug as the villain hits the ground.

Directly engage a flying bald guy: 2d6+2 11 "take something from them (their ability to control the money mummies) and "resist or avoid their blows"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jul 27, 2016 around 19:26

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Halcyon City Bank

So, let's recap: Tatsu's down, Barracuda's off chasing civs, Silver missed his shot... and FLAIRE IS FIXING HER GODDAMN CLOTHES!? Oh, for crying out loud! Does a vampire have to do EVERYTHING around here...

Fine...

With a practiced swing, I throw my Umbrella at Leger - perfectly timed so it opens on him, blinding his view as I dash to his face. Let's just do it again then! He's clearly at his limit. It's a bit of a gamble, yes, but it should work. Our eyes meet again, and this time he recoils upon realizing the fact. Good. But it's already too late.

"Stop. That. Spell." I command him - and he obeys, for a short time. Watching him shut down his last resort, I grin. "Well done. Now if you don't mind..."

I smack him in the head with my umbrella. Waiting for the satisfying thud, I continue. "Stay down already."

Returning to my apparently worryingly incompetent team, I gloat to Silver Bolt and Flaire. "You know, if I didn't know better I'd think you two were trying to kill me, between setting everything on fire and then drowning it in water. Nice to see you got your priorities in order, Flaire, by the way. Great tactical thinking, I'd vote you for leader every time~". The later half dripping in sarcasm so heavily one would worry about tripping on it.

Continuing past them, I yawn. "Ah, I'm tired... I think am going to take a nap. I'll take Tatsu back to the base with me. Or do you have any objections, hunter boy?~"

Without waiting for his answer, I heave Tatsu over my shoulders, before waiting for his reply.

Directly engage a ground-bound bald guy: 2d6+2 8 "Take something away from them (the will to continue to the spell)

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Going dooooown

Oh cripes. I don't like that at all. Sara needs money. The wizard needs money. I wonder if it's related. Eh, whatever. I guess a small detour can't hurt...

Walking off, Tatsu still on her shoulder, she disappears behind a corner... the corner that leads into an open manhole, where the water flooded down to. Quite convenient! Should be a bunch of stacks down there. Should be easy enough to grab like, four thousand or something. Plus it's loving dark down here, so I'll probably not be spotted - but I can see just fine. And it's dry on the walkways there, thank gently caress. One, two, three, four... yeah, whatever, if you want more, gently caress you Sara. I don't want to get attention my way.

Hey, am I forgetting something? ...

Oh yeah, Tatsu. He's awake. Uhm, oops.

"Hey, uhm, you can keep a secret, right? I need this for a friend. honest~"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Going dooooown

"Wait, you actually believed me? Hah... but it's true. Look, there's something bad going on in the scene. Someone is pulling A LOT of strings to get supervillains in their debt, and then making them do crap like this. I wouldn't be surprised if this way some sort of trick by that someone, perhaps a distraction. Hard to tell. But... I could see it in Leger's face. he's one of those supervillains. Bank robbery isn't what he usually does. And goddamn... he resented me for it. As if I was... a monster..."

My face just droops for a second.

"Eh, good point. I should grab a couple more. See, my friend? Suddenly asked for money. For a debt. And acted weird about it. Needless to say... I don't like that one bit. Hey... and thanks. For being with me on this. And... for being nice to me too. I mean, I know I pulled some bad poo poo, and I'm not the nicest person... but I'm trying. Thanks for believing in me."

I pick him back up and jump back up to the surface. "And no, that part is not negotiable. You need to watch yourself. Speaking of which, sorry for uhm, well, using you as a projectile. I actually hadn't realized he turned you into a zo- I mean, mummy, or whatever. Ehehehe~"

Then, my mouth forms a halfgrin as I switch the way I'm holding him... to a bridal carry. "Right, let's get back to base."

Accepting influence.

Take a Powerful Blow: 2d6 8 (Taking one condition, hopeless, as per discussion with cap.)

Edit: Whoops, I got supported. Marking Potential.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2016 around 11:43

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Back in the base

The money is perfectly safe. I have a secret compartment in my coffin for occasions as these, after all~. Girl's gotta be prepared, you know? Not going to wait long, either. Just until tonight, we always meet at the bar on this day of the week anyway. But anyway, let's move on to more fun things. Like, say, Tatsu. I wanna have some fun with him. Guy needs something to cheer him up, and if his face is anything to go by, I know just the thing~

Having slipped into something more comfortable (and sexy) i sneak up on him and hug him from behind. "Hey, Tatsu~ We've got the entire place for ourselves. We should take advantage of that~" I tell him as I softly kiss him on the cheek and begin pulling him along to my room.

I sure hope he gets what I'm referring to. Silver probably wouldn't.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2016 around 11:55

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"What? Can't, can't a girl just like someone?~ Or maybe I just think you look absolutely adorable when you're embarrassed. I'll let you figure it out~" Giving him a nice toothy grin, I continue. "Speaking about Sun-related things, did I ever tell you my real name? It's Sunniva. Or, 'Sun's gift'. Just shows fate has a horrible sense of humor, doesn't it? But I still believe even someone like me can make the world a better place. Surely, you do too? What keeps you going, Tatsu? ... Well, other than your immortality, anyway..."

Seating Tatsu on my couch, I immediately drape myself over him. "Besides, gotta get the blood pumping somehow, right? Just because you're dead doesn't mean you shouldn't get to live a little, Tatsu~" I explain as I switch over to a hug, starting to work on his shirt.

When you share a moment of triumph with someone, ask them what gives them hope for a brighter day and give them Influence. (Tatsu already has influence on BB, so he gets to shift labels)

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2016 around 11:56

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3

After our... let's call it wrestling, I sit myself down next to Tatsu. "I... I'm not sure how to respond to that, Tatsu. Love? Me...? I thought such a thing impossible... not with what I've become. I... I'm going to need some time to think about this... sorry." I reply to him, somewhat flabberghasted.

Then, I lean in for a hug.

"Anyway, Tatsu... you're better than you think you are. If it was just those two things, You wouldn't have gotten on this team in the first place. And honestly? I think you're seeing yourself worse than you are. You may have done some bad stuff, but unlike me, you got out of it soon enough to not be known as a supervillain. But don't worry... I'll be there for you. Just... be here for me too, okay?"

Suddenly I start feeling a bit lightheaded, and hold my hand to my forehead in response.

"Ugh... hold on, I... I gotta get myself some blood..." I reply as I start to lift my hug and get up.

(2:23:52 PM) Yawniphonerir: Comfort Tatsu
(2:24:02 PM) Yawniphonerir: !r 2d6+3
(2:24:03 PM) Krysmbot: Yawniphonerir, 5+3 = 8 (actually, this is a 7 because I'm dumb. -2 from angry, +1 from influence)

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2016 around 11:59

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Hopeless | Location: Back in the base

"Tatsu, what are you-- Oh." I say, somewhat confused before I realize what he was doing.

Wow. This... Can't said I've had this happen before. I look at his face, blushing. Ugh, no, this isn't supposed to be happening to me! I don't blush! I'm a vampire, damnit!

"A-Alright. Tell me when you start feeling bad..."

Uh. Well, crud. I didn't realize this. Tatsu's... actually kinda tall. I can't reach his neck from here. Uh-Oh. Like, I could just bite from from behind... but hugging him feels so nice... Oh, I could climb into his lap. That'd be enough. Ugh, that juicy blood better not go somewhere else...

And so, I climb up on his lap, and start drinking his blood.

Clearing Angry.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2016 around 12:40

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I lift my bite as he tells me too and turn towards him, content to remain on his lap for the time being, stiill hugging him. "Yeah, I feel a lot better now. Thanks."

I then shift my weight so that he has to lie down, just as he asks his question. "Yeah. Going to head to the bar to meet up later tonight. You wanna come along? I'd feel a lot safer."

Following that I drape myself over him again and go for another nice, long, kiss in preperation for round two...

Just before I remember there are other members on this team. We should probably get ready for the debriefing.

I lift myself up again. "Oh yeah, the others will probably be back soon. We should get ready. Speaking of which, I wear lipstick, so you might want to wash all the kiss marks off... although you do really look cute with those."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2016 around 12:02

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hmm... let's get dressed for the debriefing. Some short shorts and a top should be fine. If it gets any one all hot and bothered, even better.

Planting myself on the couch in the living room, feet on the table, obviously, I absentmindedly zip through the channels as I think about Tatsu's declaration of love. I... I have no idea how to deal with that! I've never had that happen to me before! Well, uh... I did, but never did I actually feel anything towards them! I've seduced a couple of people, but only to drink the blood!

Ugh, too much has happened today for me to make sense of this. Hell, I'm not entirely sure what I feel about him. I mean, yeah, we did that, but... is he just a friend, or am I ready to go further?

Sigh... I'll just sleep on it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sooooo.... turns out, I ended up watching the interview like three times until these slowpokes arrives. Not sure what I expected, obviously TV is garbage on this time of the day. And, a guy made out of fire shows up. Oh, yeaaah, Wildfire. You know I was mostly joking people here trying to kill me but they sure seem to like throwing people I can't deal with my way, just saying.

And he says he just wants to listen. Oh, this is gonna be great. Can't wait for Silver to embarrass himself. Sitting in the comfiest place on the couch, with the legs on the table, obviously, I look Wildfire's way.

Already had my fun with Tatsu, so he's the most interesting thing in the room at the moment. Whatcha want here, candlestick? Who you're gonna be looking at, me, or Silver? Tells tales, you know.

Pierce the Mask: 2d6+0 7 "what do you intend to do?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I just shrug sarcastically in response to Buttcuda's whining. "Whaaatever. It worked. And don't worry, 'cuda, I won't throw someone whose body is as fragile as their ego at the enemy."

Letting that sink in with a toothy grin, I continue. "Anyway! While ya'll were doing things of questionable relevance..." I start, glancing at Flaire and Buttcuda, "or success...", glancing at Silver Bolt, "I did stop him from blowing up the place with that last resort of his. Feel free to actually remember that part."

Leaning back and resting my arms on the top of the couch, I grin again before finishing. "Now let's stop bitching at each other and move on to actually relevant things. Like, say, why the baldie was doing this in the first place. See, I've done some digging. There's some serious stuff going on in the scene. Some guy is forcing villains into their debt, usually monetary. And then forcing them to do crap like this to repay said debts all of a sudden. Leading to situations like our little bank robbery. I sure hope y'all didn't assume a wizard is that stupid about doing a bank robbery."

Once again, waiting for the words to sink in, I take a look around the assembled team members (and Candlesticks) before moving on.

"No, he was clearly rushed into this. Almost certainly by this little someone. And why would anyone do that? It's probably a distraction. Sadly, I have no idea for what. But feel free to report that to the League proper, Candlesticks. On top of our success, of course. If you don't mind~"

Provoking Barracuda into admitting to doing irrelevant things over fighting the present threat. Team if you do, Condition if you don't.

As for Wildfire's pierce, she doesn't have much in the way of long-term plans at the moment - other than trying to get the team to accept her. Bunny's legit about trying to redeem herself but the hostilities are starting to make her doubt it all. She feels like she's in a position where she can't show weakness, what with a fire user and a vampire hunter on the same team.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2016 around 20:30

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I grin deeply as Buttcuda grapling hooks out of a vocal argument. Way to show a backbone.

"Well, SOMEONE just retroactively confirmed my statement..."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"I am NOT a murderer! and I was about to --" I say to Flaire... as she bails as well. And Tatsu too.

gently caress, I screwed up, didn't I...

"No, I... I... oh screw it. A hunter like you is probably just about the worst person to tell this.. but whatever. Don't care, right now. I don't know how to deal with people, okay?! Never was good at it. Being turned into a vampire against my will didn't help! And half of this team has actual reasons to kill me okay?! You're obviously a freaking hunter, I hurt Flaire badly when I lost control of myself back a few months ago and I don't think Barracuda ever liked me! Tatsu's just about the only one I can trust not to murder me in my sleep! I don't feel safe here, much less welcome."

Then, I sigh. "I got carried away, okay? We were constantly sniping at each other as is, and I just didn't want to look weak. gently caress. Dealing with you guys is so much harder than dealing with villains."

As before, she isn't really planning anything - just trying to get accepted on this team - but she's doubting that'll ever happen right now.

You could get her to apologize if you convince her there's an actual point to it - like, say, any hope of reconciling.

Bunny wants you to assure her she's safe.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 9, 2016 around 05:23

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Look, I did this exactly because I don't want to hurt people anymore, okay? I mean, what the hell was I supposed to do? Nicely tell people that I'm a creature from a horror movie and want their blood? I was in a lovely situation with no options. This gig is the best thing that happened to me yet. I'm just not so sure about putting a hunter and a person that has good reasons to hate my guts on the same team."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Ahahahahahahaha you really do look like a dork beneath the mask! Oh that's great." I blurt out upon seeing his real face.

Getting over that outburst, I shake his hand, a lot less firm than I usually do. Must come over as somewhat feeble. Ugh, whatever.

"Uh, sorry. Right. Okay. I'm Sunniva. Sunniva Grimaleal. Or as most people know me..."

Putting on a ridiculous fake villain voice, i continue. "The daughter of Drraaaaculaaaaaaaa!"

"Uhm, well, sort of. Not literally. I'm sure you can figure it out. Anyway... I just wanted to say... you did good during the battle. Nobody is going to blame you for one miss on this team. But really, you got to assert yourself more. Flaire is already trying to usurp you. Don't let that happen, yeah?"

<Yamiphonerir> Supporting Silver Bolt
<Yamiphonerir> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Yamiphonerir, 10+3 = 13

Going to add a Team to the pool.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 12, 2016 around 06:45

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Oh, is that so? Dracula never told me about that. Anyway... I'm going to go apologize to Flaire now. Or try to, anyway." I reply to Silver, as I walk off to Flaire's room.

Knocking on the door, I wait for Flaire to open to door. I woulda said something... but I'm actually kinda scared...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Right... uh... yeah, sure.

Taking the invitation, I enter the room, and I take a look around the room while wait for her to close the door before I start talking.

"Uh... well... I came here to apologize. For, well... everything. Especially for my behavior earlier, and, well... you know."

Fidgeting around nervously, I need a moment before I can continue.

"I... kind of thought you hated me. I mean, you have every reason to. But then I saw the interview. So... I kind of hoped we could reconcile. Look, I know you probably don't care... but back then wasn't intentional. I lost control of myself. I was starving..."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I just nervously smile and laugh as she drags me around the room, first turning the movie on (?) and then giving me a pillow (???) before she hugs me... and tells me it's all good.

Eh... Ehh... should I be worried? This is almost too easy...

And then she mentions having to pay a ton of money... because of me.

"Uh... uh... I... I would have visited if I wasn't afraid of you setting the whole hospital on fire upon seeing me. And, uh, the whole villain thing. I... I know! I'll pay it for you! Least I can do. I have easy access to money."

"legal money."

"Really!"

Well, technically... it's not going to be that easy. I'd have to ask... Dracula...

Wait. WAIT. I knew this was too easy! A vlog! I knew this was a trap!

"I, uh, sure. W-w-wait, like, right now? Don't your fans, like, hate my guts or something?!"

agreeing to keep it a secret.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2016 around 18:17

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Uh... Uh... What is... all this..." I just blurt out as I look through the pictures. Just what the hell are Flaire's fans doing? This... this an amazing conclusion gathered from one accidental near-murder. Ugh, did I really have to phrase it like that?

And then she nearly suffocates me in her boobs again. Once she releases me, I speak up with a gasp.

"I... I'm glad to help... but please... mind the height... difference..."

Catching my breath, I continue. "It's fine, really. I just need to ask dad-- I mean, Dracula for some money. Which... is gonna be a hassle but it's the least I can do!"

"But uh... I... I'm not so sure about this whole thing. I... I'm not so sure if I wanna enable your fans! if they draw stuff like this!? and I don't even know what Youtube is..."

In my confusion/embarrassment, I almost missed Barracuda. Huh, that was weird.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2016 around 08:15

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Sure. I'll apologize, Barracuda. I'm sorry I offended you with a joke and a critique that wasn't directed at you. Sorry." I reply with an eye roll.

"Well, it seems you got another guest. I'll... I'll be around for the thing later..."

Getting up and leaving the room, I head for Silver Bolt's room.

Oh, apparently he's busy with a phone call. Waiting until after he's done, I knock, and then as soon as he opens the door I give him a playful kiss on the cheeks.

"You were right, Matthew! It worked! I... I feel so much better about all this already. Well, with Flaire, anyway. Buttcuda is still a dick."

Should I tell him about the lipstick? ... nah.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Back in the base

"Okay, first off, leave Ms. Fanservice alone. Last thing I need is you beating the snot out of her and ruining everything. Besides, we're cool now. Uh, probably. Anyyyyway, I have no idea when I'll find some time to drop by. Probably going to be on short notice. They got me on a pretty short leash regarding that kind of stuff, ya' know. But whatever. Anyway, you find out anything about that Jump Cut guy, you tell me, okay? I'll beat the poo poo out of him if he ever messes with any of you guys again. Show him the rules and all. Doubt anyone would miss him."

Looking at the time, I sigh.

"Ah, gently caress, we're already past when I'm supposed to be back. Gotta bolt! And you better not get into trouble again, you hear me, EE!?" I say as I dart off, almost dragging Tatsu along.

________

Ahh, much better. A good nights rest (It STILL feels weird to me, I'm used to sleeping in the DAY by now...) is always good. Doing my morning routine, I check my emails.

Let's see. One email from Dracula. ... I still can't believe he got away with using his real name. But anyway. Oh, wait, it's just some servant writing a return email for him. Apparently he's busy doing... something, I don't really wanna know what he gets up to, honestly, and will return in a day or two. Oh, cool. Sooner I can get Flaire's problems out, the better.

Next... My school assignment for today. Ugh. I get it why they do it, but ugh, school. I kept telling them I almost finished high school but noooooo they never listen. Oh gently caress, it's history. American history. Goddamnit. I suck at that, I used to live in Transylvania you know.

... huh? It just says "Bunny Bat and Flaire". What's this email about? ...

"GODDAMNIT FLAAAAAAAAAAIRE!"

Obligations: 2d6+1 9

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2016 around 15:48

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"W-W-What is this crap Flaire?! Why are YOUR fans sending me this kind of stuff?! I am NOT okay with this!"

Somewhat twitching I point at the monitor, which is showing... Flaire and Bunny Bat, kissing. With, well, several pieces of clothing missing.

"You know what! This is your fault! You teasing your fans so much encouraged this kind of behavior!"

On the screen, it incidentally also has the email folder open, the first one saying 'Dracula will be visiting within the week' in the header. Oh well, didn't mean to tell her right now, but whatever. I'll have to tell the team eventually.

"See? This is why I don't want to do this kind of stuff! Like your vlog! You'll have to bribe me to agree to still do it. I seriously do not want to deal with your fans sending me this kind of stuff every day! Hmm... let's see. Oh, I know! You could do my history homework for me!" I demand from Flaire.

I swear this has nothing to do with me sucking at history.

Provoking Flaire: 2d6+0 10 Provoking Flaire to do her homework assignment. Team if she does, Condition (Guilty?) if she doesn't.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

That... went a lot better than expected. Hah, weaseled out of history homework! Yessssss! Victorious, I click away the porn (and the entire email folder, revealing a blank, unchanged desktop background)

Aaaand she immediately wants me to do MORE of her stupid PR stuff.

"Ugh... I... I don't know? Did you agree to a date yet? If so, how close is it to your Vlog plans? I'd rather see how much of a disaster THAT will be before I agree to anything else!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Hngh! When did you become so hug-happy!? And what's with the Double B thing!?" I retort, chuckling in between.

Shrugging, I gesture towards the traps i haphazardly stacked up behind the door.

"Yeahhhh... beats worrying about getting set on fire in my sleep by you or Silver, for sure."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Well, the thing about being a vampire: Going out in the sun kinda sucks. And I particularly don't feel like ruining my nice and smooth skin by turning it into sunblasted leather, you now? So... I kinda just stay indoors during my free time, practicing with my powers and stuff. There's still a lot of things about being a vampire I don't get or can't do yet. Like, you know, hypnotizing people with actual resistance to it, or turning into fog. The second could be really useful I feel! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work anywhere like turning into a bat does. And Dracula refuses to tell me about it, something about being too young or something? How does that even matter? I don't get it.

Tt's kinda funny. EE thinking I'm dating Tatsu. But hey, I'm certainly one to enjoy seeing people flustered. And Tatsu get's flustered so easily, it's great.

Also, uh, I still haven't figured out what a Vlog is supposed to be, but it's got to be one of these things were you talk to a camera and it's super weird and stuff. Well, whatever. I'm sure Flaire will explain it properly.

Other than that... I need to talk to Silver about the whole Dracula coming for a visit thing. Surely, he's around here somewhere...

He ain't? Huh. Oh well, I'll just call him.

*ring* *ring*

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"You're loving kidding right? Uh, hold on."

Going back to my room, I open up the online newspaper. (Hah, I knew these things would be useful! Only heard about this last week!)

Wait, you're loving kidding me.

"Yeah, newspaper says he's out on bail. They're holding his staff hostage or something. Did they ever consider that maybe he has ANOTHER staff!? gently caress this reeks of bullshit so strong I can smell it from here. Where you guys at? I'm coming. Should I get Flaire too?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Alright, gotcha. Looks like Flaire bailed on me anyway. I'll be on my way so don't do anything stupid, okay?" I reply before the conversation ends and then make haste to Liberty Park.

Because honestly I don't trust him not to do anything stupid.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Aug 30, 2016 around 05:36

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

This... is kind of awkward. Heroes aren't really supposed to ride monorails. Much less former villains. And honestly? This is part of why I've been a villain for so long? See, people... they kind of remember when you pull some poo poo.

And these people? They do remember, of course. Hell, I think one or two even were on the monorail we hijacked back then!

Yeah, we hijacked a monorail. Full of people. Look, it we needed an escape! It uh, may have ended with the drat thing nearly crashing if not for timely hero intervention... but hey, we escaped. So uhm...

Awkward....

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Liberty Park

I arrive on the scene to see... Barracuda having a nice chat with Baldy and Silver bailing. Uh... just what the hell did I miss here?

"Uh... heyyyy there... I'll just, uh--, you look like you got things under control, Cuda. I'mma go after Bolt, okay? Seems important!"

Well, actually I hope she doesn't and Baldy explodes her, but honestly I don't think it's gonna happen. Anyway, I quickly turn around and chase after 'Bolt. He may be a hunter but there's no way an ordinary human can outpace a vampire if they really tried.

Unless it's sun out and they're wearing a dress. Goddamnit why did I choose a dress as my outfit?

Ah, nothing to worry about. Silver's no Night Hunter.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Silver's House

Oh. Whoops. Here I thought Silver is gonna do the solo thing and get himself killed... but apparently it's just family trouble. gently caress I'm not sure if I wanna go in there...

bzzt. bzzt.

My communicator? Eh? What's this? Oh, Lag. What's she want... Oh come on! I wasn't certain about this, and now? Gaaah.

I... guess I'll shoot Silver a message and then bail out Lag.

Message to Silver Bolt posted:

Hi! Uh I'm really sorry but I kind of followed you home. Please don't be mad at me I thought you're going to do some sort of stupid 'this is my fight' crap and get yourself killed over something.

Uh don't be mad about me thinking that's stupid either pleaaaase! Anyway I got to bail out a bud so don't do anything stupid while I'm gone okay?

-Bunny

Aaaaand send.

Next stop, Lag. Today has been... a lot busier than I'd hoped...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Fre: -1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Galaxy Arcade

"Thank you, thank you. Nice to hear someone around here have a positive opinion of me... and an appreciation of the classics. Although I would say that my fashion sense is a few centuries less out of date," I joke.

Giving Lag a tiny bit of a glance before returning to Perseus, I continue. "I could ask much the same! I got reports of, and I quote, 'a weirdo hanging out on front of Galaxy Arcade', so I decided to check it out. Glad to see it was nothing bad, but what are you doing here, exactly? People are apparently considering your presence here a public disturbance, and we both know bureaucrats hate public disturbances almost as much as I hate bureaucrats."

Piercing Perseus' Mask: 2d6+3 11 Woo! Choosing:

How could I get your character to leave?
How could I gain Influence over you?
What do you intend to do?

Also, gleefully accepting his label shift.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Galaxy Arcade

"Ow! Hey, be careful. I am a fragile flower, you know!" I joke.

Prolly would have more of an effect if I actually flinched from it. But still, that hurt. If I hadn't vampire toughness to help me out that maaaay have been a cracked rib.

"Look, trust me as an ex-villain: Villains really, really hate waiting on traffic lights. It's just one of those things that happen if you're rule breaking anyway, you might as well ignore something as petty as that."

I sigh loudly.

"Look, I have a really good idea who it is. Ex-colleague of mine. How about this: You promise me to let them off with a warning and I tell them to knock it off and come out and apologize? Then we could both go our merry ways. I'm sure you'd rather be doing more interesting things than waiting a few hours for the Arcade. Like say, fighting monsters. I hear you're pretty good at that. And I also do have some inter-team things that I need to take care of, too."

Provoking Perseus: 2d6 8

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2016 around 21:48

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Galaxy Arcade

"Don't worry about it. I came to the good side on my own accord, remember? It wasn't a scheme to dodge jail. Look, I've been on both sides, and I probably know better than anyone how to understand people like this. Just let me do my thing, alright?"

----

Walking forward, the crowd pulls a parting sea on me.

"Hey, Lag. Sorry to drag you into the fire like this, but... I kinda got him to agree to not punch you into fine paste in exchange for an apology and a promise to not do it again. I know it isn't exactly what you wanted but it's the best I could get. ... What the hell were you doing with those traffic lights, anyway?"

Beep Beep Beep

"Hold up, got a message."

quote:

Yo, I heard you had a buddy who's good with computers. Hook me up and I'll owe you one.

"Oh, and someone in my team wants your help for something, apparently. Maybe I can get him to make you do that instead of charity work. Whatcha say? Deal?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I sigh. "Don't do anything that'll make someone go after you again, kay? It's gotten pretty hectic lately and you know if they send anyone else after you they'll probably just try to punch your face in."

Then, I shoot a quick reply to Silver.

Message to Silver posted:

Yo, sorry that my reply took so long. Had to deal with something really quick. Yeah, I just enlisted her. What exactly do you need her help with?

Slowly walking out of the Galaxy Arcade like it's no big deal, I present Lag to Perseus.

"See? Told ya! Way faster doing things my way. Hey, I have an idea. 'Bolt got a problem he needs a tech wiz for. How about we make her work on that instead of community service? Who knows, she might just come to enjoy working for the good guys!"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Oct 3, 2016 around 15:10

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"I actually don't know yet. Bolt just said he needed a techie, and I figured I might as well make that your job. Probably better than being stuck in a soup kitchen for a week or two. Anyway, looks like he's at the Station, so we might as well go meet up with him there. Just stick with me before anyone else gets any dumb ideas. ... And as much as I'd prefer having my old name back, people might just get the wrong idea so please don't..."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tatsu! What do you think you're doing in there? Do you think you could use shadows to hide from a VAMPIRE!? Wait, why ARE you hiding? Are you hiding? Just what the hell is going on here?

Waltzing in unannounced, I immediately begin to question Flaire.

"You have five seconds to explain what happened here before I assume the worst. What the hell happened here? And why is Tatsu just lurking over there? You better not have done any funny business with my boyfriend, Flaire!"

... wait a minute... did I just blurt that out?

gently caress I can FEEL my face going red. Thought that was impossible, being a vampire and all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Oh. Ohhhh I get it now. Sorry, you just kinda... looked suspicious. What with Tatsu lurking in a alleyway, and all that. Anyway, I was just coming back from having solved a problem without violence! It really does feel awesome! This hero stuff might just work for me."

"Hey, wait up, Flaire! I brought my friend here cuz Silver asked for her help. Speaking of which, there's some really odd moment going on from Silver's communicator. As if he's running all over the stadium. We should probably check that out?"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Oct 14, 2016 around 20:45

• Locked thread
«2 »