Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Ccs posted:

Wait did they have this idea way back in Batman Beyond or they just designed two parents as redheads and gave their kids both black hair? Unless there was some crazy planning ahead at the start, that is a pretty funny design mistake.
I think it may have been planned for the start. As the creators even said that Bruce had already found out about the Terry being his biological son thing around the middle of the series. He just kept it to himself, as he did not feel like things should change between him and Terry, and out of respect for Warren.

Vandar posted:

Isn't that just fanon?

No the creator even said it. They got back on better terms by the time the series started however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vandar posted:

It's probably just a coincidence and not anything they really meant to hint at.

Tuxedo Mask, staring into space as the realization hits him: "Wait a minute...neither I nor Sailor Moon have pink hair...something's not right here..."

The manga/anime series Saiki K has a thing where the main character is a super powerful psychic with pink hair in a world where people have normal hair color. So in order to fit in he used his psychic powers to change everyone in the world's DNA so that weird hair colors are naturally occurring. (The premise of the series is that the main character is incredibly powerful but doesn't actually want to use his powers to do anything but live a normal life with the conflict being him dealing with weirdos in school/at home.)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

So, Mob Psycho 100. Got it.

()

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its basically if Mob was at 100% all of the time but completely chill about it.

Vandar
Sep 13, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ7wbwkzNS0

Ehhhhhh. They made an attempt at an art style, but something about the entire trailer feels off to me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alan Tudyk makes me wish more people would just try and have a performance as the Joker rather than go for Hamill soundalike.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

The art... it's growing on me. I find myself enjoying it.

Well, hopefully they end it one epilogue before the comic does. As for the style, that beginning part with Batman and Harvey in the warehouse looked kinda bad, but I thought the rest looked pretty nice.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Itís no Tim Sale art style thatís for sure. Shadows need to be all black, a void needs to be swallowing half the screen. Movement is also very minimal.

Plus the way Sale did faces is really great, this has none of that. Oh well, canít say I expected any different.

Letís just take a moment to appreciate Saleís art.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 7, 2021

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Ccs posted:

Itís no Tim Sale art style thatís for sure. Shadows need to be all black, a void needs to be swallowing half the screen.

Plus the way Sale did faces is really great, this has none of that. Oh well, canít say I expected any different.

Letís just take a moment to appreciate Saleís art.

I absolutely love heavy shadows like Sale and Mignola (and to a lesser extent, Kirby) do. I would love to see it in motion, but I'm also not sure how well it'd translate over? Still, they could at least try.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

catlord posted:

I absolutely love heavy shadows like Sale and Mignola (and to a lesser extent, Kirby) do. I would love to see it in motion, but I'm also not sure how well it'd translate over? Still, they could at least try.

Check out this clip from In Darkness Dwells: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwDCV41zN8

Of course thatís from Madhouse, one of the best animation studios on the planet (or at least it was back when that was made.)

Also anything from Takeshi Koike like Fujiko Mine or Redline.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Ccs posted:

Check out this clip from In Darkness Dwells: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwDCV41zN8

Of course thatís from Madhouse, one of the best animation studios on the planet (or at least it was back when that was made.)

Also anything from Takeshi Koike like Fujiko Mine or Redline.

Ooh, ok, yeah. I was thinking that Sale or Mignola might become a bit of a mess in motion, but looking at that I think you could probably put some more shadows in there and it'd still work great.

Vandar
Sep 13, 2007

Mignola looks pretty good animated and in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q-BtUye51s

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Vandar posted:

Mignola looks pretty good animated and in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q-BtUye51s

Holy poo poo, that looks good. Ok, I'm well sold on seeing more of that in animation.

Also, holy poo poo, Paul Giamatti. That just feels right with Mignola.

Vandar
Sep 13, 2007

catlord posted:

Holy poo poo, that looks good. Ok, I'm well sold on seeing more of that in animation.

Also, holy poo poo, Paul Giamatti. That just feels right with Mignola.

It's a fun little thing, it's about twenty minutes long. It was meant as a pilot but didn't get picked up.

If you look around you can find the full thing pretty easily.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I liked Gotham Knight a lot. Even the story with bishonen Bruce was fun to watch. Makes me want DC to put out more anthology type stuff for the greater universe without strictly sticking to one style.

Vandar
Sep 13, 2007

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights was a lot of fun. I hoped after that and Gotham Knights they'd give us more anthology stuff but nope.

They could do a fun Amazon based anthology film, I think.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I feel like every franchise only gets one anime compilation film. Star Wars is getting its due soon. You'd think DC could drop the cash to get an anime studio like TMS to do all their animated adaptions but I suppose they've figured out the less competent studios elsewhere are a better deal and most people don't notice animation quality enough for it to matter. Gotham Knight was ostensibly connected to the Nolan Batman films so I think that's why it got the bigger budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Yeah, that trailer is disappointing. Oh, well. Just what I expected from DC.