Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Assault on Arkham was so much more enjoyable than the actual SS movie so I'm glad they are getting at least another animated movie.

But I guess these reveals mean Gods and Monsters was a one and done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The best BTAS character design will always be Billy the Seal Boy.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lightning Lord posted:

They might have broadcasted it out of order, wasn't it one of those shows that went into syndication almost instantly?

Reminds of Darkwing Duck which had two separate set of episodes commissioned at the same time. One set for the Disney Channel and one set for ABC.

Disney later acquired all the episodes, but it makes it confusing as hell to watch in order since you often get episodes featuring villains before their actual origin episode.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

GET BACK HERE SHOCKAHHHHHH!

THE CHECK'S IN THE MAIL, BABY!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Professor Wayne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmjaxI9yTU&t=197s

Timestamp 3:17 if it doesn't do it automatically.

I always enjoy when Bruce fights goes around without the mask on. Which may explain why Batman Returns is still my favorite superhero movie.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

It looks like this will have the same sequence as the 2007 movie where Superman knocks Doomsday into the atmosphere and than spikes him back down into the city like a comet for some reason instead of just launching him out into space.

Was that even in the original comic? It always seemed like an extremely dumb move by Supes if his goal was to prevent more destruction to Metropolis.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

After that it's the slugfest when Supes realizes there's no way to reason with him other than putting him down.

On that note, is it just accepted knowledge that Doomsday is the DC version of the Hulk with the serial numbers filed off?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

pubic works project posted:

that whole villain vs. villain fight was loving awesome.

The entire league of super villains lead by Grodd arc was great.

My favorite part being when Grodd finally reveals his mystery master plan to be just turning every human into apes and Lex as an ape just stares at him with a look of total unsurprise and disappointment.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ZDar Fan posted:

This clip gets posted a lot and I laugh my rear end off every goddamn time

It cuts off before the best part though.

"THE CHEQUES IN THE MAIL, BABY!"

Vakal
May 11, 2008

TheHan posted:

I noticed Reign of the Supermen dropped today, and I actually kinda like it? Felt more enjoyable than the last animated DC movie I remember bothering to watch, and Superboy wound up being my favorite character. One thing really bothered me about the final battle though, Hank Henshaw makes a point of saying Superman won't kill him, and Superman says he's right, moments before jamming a crystal through Hank's skull and having the Eradicator kill him in his mind. Which is...kind of worse than killing him but also still killing him?

It was ok for the most part. My main take away was how Cyborg Superman's design doesn't look nearly as cool when used with the New 52 Superman style costume instead of the classic one.

I do appreciate them including the 90's power mullet though.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

TheHan posted:

Yeah there did seem to be something missing from it design wise, maybe just added some red. Also tying his into Darkseid felt a little unnecessary. At this point Darkseid's just sending monsters to earth weekly like he's Rita Repulsa.

I did laugh though when the justice league members all grouped together just in time for the falling portal to land on top of them. Also you can tell that this movie was animated before Aquaman was a hit for DC as he's nowhere to be found yet Hawkman is there for no reason.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

drat, I mean that's great news but I never did finish wolverine and the x men.

It had its moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--UARXuwA3I

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I gotta say, Luthor being reduced to a put upon middle manager of hell on earth is pretty good. But then they do poo poo like have incredibly brutal on screen deaths of four different female characters who are in the film for literally no reason except to brutally die on screen.

One weird thing I noticed was Starfire being shown 100% dead in Damian's flashback, yet she still shows up as one of the new furies later on.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Got around to watching Superman: Man of Tomorrow and while it was pretty good, I can't help but feel that the writers realized that a story about the early days of Superman's career is dull as dirt so they stuck in Lobo because all the cool kids think he's rad, and then later threw in a Godzilla, because why not?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Shame about Catwoman's VA though.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It has my favorite version of Metallo as well, with the torn up human face.

Every time he's shown up after that he's usually just a jacked up robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
That trailer just makes me want to go back and watch crisis on two earth instead.

The final scene between Batman and James Woods's Owlman is still amazing.