Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I watched the post-Flashpoint DC Animated Movies and... for the most part, I actually liked them. Batman: Bad Blood and the Justice League: War were the only ones I had REAL issues with, actually. The former, for deciding that murdering the ENTIRE VILLAIN CAST in a BATMAN movie was a good idea. And the latter... well I can't even fault it for its own storytelling foibles. Really all its problems are ones I had with the original story. Supes being ultraviolent and all that. Though I will admit they made the plot more coherent than "Darkseid shows up to conquer earth because he's Darkseid and we needed a villain". The Aquaman movie- and it was basically an Aquaman movie- was also pretty great, and I was afraid they were going to skew close to the comics version. No, instead they were smart and had Aquaman not be going out of his way to show what a badass he was, and instead be some guy who... was generally feeling in over his head at first, and then, later, just embraced the fact that this was his life now, and it's actually kind of cool. Look at me rambling, it's way too early in the morning for me to be posting.

I will say that this poo poo with TKJ has made me decide not to go see the movie in theaters like I originally planned, though.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jul 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Roth posted:

The post-Flashpoint movies without Damian in them are way better than the ones with him in it.

I like Damian, but I really dislike his portrayal in those movies, and I can't stand how any character development he gains seems to just get reset for the next one so he can learn the same lesson again.

I'll agree with your second point wholeheartedly. It'd be better if they just kept with the character development and had him NOT be such a damned annoying brat all the time. The most satisfying part of Justice League vs. Teen Titans was probably his relationship with Raven- and actually getting told "Shut the gently caress up about your daddy issues nobody cares" by someone who found them, at best, quaint by comparison to her own.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wait, my bad, it was Fascism's Ultimate Warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B34oUc8CK5o

And only now do I realize how much his suit looks like it could be a Hydra uniform with some lightning bolts slapped on.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

So do Teen Titans GO!'s creators just subsist off the tears of the fanboys of the original 00s Teen Titans cartoon or what?
Because I almost feel like the bait and switch moments are deliberately antagonistic at this point

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I wonder if people felt this personally attacked by Bat-mite in Batman: Brave and the Bold.

They absolutely did. I remember that much.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

I mean, I can say I was one of the people who didn't pick up YJ for like, the entire first season, because I got hyped up because they were making a cartoon adaptation of my favorite superhero comic as a kid, and then I find out no, they're just calling it that and it's actually an adaptation of a lot of the versions of Teen Titans comics I disliked the most (I.E. Geoff Johns' work) and then I gave it a shot. And then I almost dropped it again for the episode with Harm and Secret because they just flubbed that so badly and it felt like insulting the people who liked the comics the show is ostensibly named after? But then I guess that just makes me 'that guy' in this case. I certainly came around on it.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

... You know that episode was written by Peter David, right?

I still kinda hated it because of Secret being a pokemon.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

I want to point out this, because there's more than this- later, when Leviathan is going after all of Wayne Inc., she's apparently the one person there who isn't a plant, mind controlled or directly connected to a bat-person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

They've already kinda set up some stuff with where they're going with some of it. Cisco Ramon being there, Halo being part of the team, they're gonna be probably doing 80s League next more than they already did.

But yeah, honestly? I think calling Young Justice "Ultimate Universe DC/DCAU" is a good way to describe what I like and dislike about the show.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 24, 2020