Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Kind of out of the loop an that one, why does the Killing joke adaption had a sex scene with Batgirl in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Dare I ask with whom?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
:staredog:

For gently caress's sake, seriously? The whole thing was dumb when it was implied in the DCAU, but at least you could ignore it easily enough. Why would you ever think that is a good idea?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Yeah, I am basically speechless here. This doesn't sound like an adaption, this sounds like someone stole all of the Killing Jokes plot points for their own, lovely original story.

And it basically is exactly the same dumb "edgy" garbage DC has producing for years now.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Maybe that's just me, but I never really saw the supposed dualism between Batman and the Joker, or the weird moral dilemma that some people see between Batman's non killing policy. It's basically treating fiction as reality and I am generally not a fan of that. But without that, there is no real ambiguity in the ending. Or better, no real need for ambiguity.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

ImpAtom posted:

In that case I think it's more that Conroy is good for a very specific kind of Batman. He is (more or less) compassionate-sounding. He can get angry or serious but when he does it is because someone has done something unforgivable rather than because it is his default state.

I watched a clip of the end of The killing joke and he completely nails the one moment he's genuinely talking to Joker and begging him to let him help him and I think that is because that is Conroy's strength. He absolutely rocks the compassionate element of Batman that is present in TAS. It's also why he is so frequently a poor fit for Arkham where Batman is kind of a poo poo. However him being The Batman Actor means he gets cast even in stories where Batman lacks the compassion that Conroy can sell so hard.

Those are some good points. The DCAU and especially its version off batman ist still the reason I would call myself primarily a DC despite not having a read DC comic since they came up with the new 52

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
As good as Weissmann can be, he tends to overdo it with the world building, to the detriment of the actual plot. The world tour in Gargoyles is way too long and basically shelves Lexington, Broadway and Brooklyn for a huge part of the series to establish a bunch of spin-off that never came to be anyway.

e X fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Lurdiak posted:

:eyepop:

Phone posting, huh.

Just posting in two different languages.

e X fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 16, 2016