Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

But... why? Is this a stylistic choice or is it some kind of cost-cutting measure?

I don't know if that's the actual intent or not, and it probably isn't.

I kinda dig it though. Like what if Laika did a superhero movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teen Titans is going to start getting blu-ray releases: https://www.amazon.com/Teen-Titans-Complete-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B078J1TLBX

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm not sure, details are sparse.

Hopefully it's not just putting the DVD versions on a blu-ray disc, but the Brave and the Bold blu-rays were pretty good so I'm hopeful.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wow, that looks bad.

Never trust any Suicide Squad thing that has skinny Amanda Waller and/or Harley Quinn in it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Never trust Suicide Squad again.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What did John Stewart ever do?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'd rather they just have him age slowly or something than just interchangeably use different genocides.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That show ended with a good finale about letting things go. It doesn't need to be brought back.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah I was gonna ask how the show ended since so many people seem ravenous for it to return. I assumed it had some kind of cliffhanger or something. Has there been any new info on the DC streaming thing and its original programs?

The entire point was that things change, and the things you like will have to leave at some point.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-O posted:

Don't have a link handy, but saw the Death of Superman trailer earlier today. I was excited when I heard they were making a two part movie that was supposedly more faithful to the original story. Unfortunately it looks like garbage like most of the recent DC Animated films. Also doesn't look very much like the original story. No Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, or character find of the '90s Bloodwynd? No sale!

Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMqTbJEpxqU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like the one that's a turtle.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's fine as background noise or something to just half pay attention to, which is probably why Cartoon Network plays it near constantly instead of any of their other shows.

Edit - I can't imagine anybody being upset about a crappy looking Thundercats reboot other than the people that watch 30 minute Youtube videos on why Cartoon Network hates action cartoons.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You'll find a lot of samey looking cartoons from all eras.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

First promo art for Lauren Faust's DC Superhero Girls cartoon

https://twitter.com/worldsfinest/status/998706828627230720

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skwirl posted:

Who's the bumblebee and glitter hair?

Bumblebee and Zatanna

"The world may know them as Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Batgirl, but not-so-typical teenagers Diana, Kara and Barbara, alongside their Super Hero friends have much more to deal with than just protecting the citizens of Metropolis from some of the most sinister school-aged Super-Villains of the DC Universe. After all, being teens is tough enough, what with school, friends, family and the chaos that comes with managing a social life. But add super powers and a secret identity to the mix, and things can get a lot more complicated.

Sure, gal pals Bumblebee, Zatanna and Green Lantern Jessica Cruz are always there to lend an ear, a shoulder to cry on, and a fist to punch with, but what happens when Diana and her favorite study buddy and fencing partner, Tatsu, can’t agree on how to dole out justice as Wonder Woman and Katana? Or when Barbara finds out her Gotham-Con bestie is teen-fiend Harley Quinn? Along with all their friends, foes and frenemies, this squad of super teens navigates the unique growing pains that come when you’re a teenager trying to fight the battles of the world and the battles of growing up at the same time."

Probably not many people here's cup of tea, but I'm sure it'll be fun for young girls.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It was just a web series that did 5 minute shorts rather than a full on show on TV.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The other two Thundercats shows looking like every other action cartoon of their era is the funniest part about this whole thing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I tried watching Justice League Dark since it's on Hulu, and boy is that movie a snorefest.

Good thing I bought the Lemire series on comixology to read instead.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't like the animated Damian. It's like he just keeps learning the same lesson in every movie and then his character gets reset again.

I also hate that they aged Raven down to turn her into his love interest, which is all kinds of sketchy to me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Watched the first three episodes of Young Justice S3 last night, and I feel impressed that I don't think I caught a single catch phrase. Kind of annoyed that we got another time skip with a big status quo change up again.

And yikes at that scene with Halo.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's aged, but X-Men still holds up really well

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lady... You chose the wrong girl to ADOPT!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

im watching it right now and the 90s hip hop we are teen titans song is very funny

I hope 90s Hip Hop Starfire explodes

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Joker's Millions is a fun episode.

Growing Pains was the one with the farmer right? That episode is amazing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

Lolling at the idea of someone counting that in their top episodes.

It's very good bad.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Everybodh seems to be sleeping on it, bit DC Super Hero Girls is a nicr and comfy watch

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Toshimo posted:

What's it on?

Caftoon Network, but Netflix has episodes on it.

Just watched an episode where people think Supergirl died and Clark sends her a text that just says "U ded?"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Spacebump posted:

I'm trying to decide between buying the Young Justice series or Teen Titans complete series while they are on sale on itunes. Which one do y'all prefer and why?

Teen Titans is a solid focus on five fun characters with some great animated action and character writing. Young Justice is a boring melodrama that is basically all the worst part of teenage superhero teams.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Season 1 of Young Justice is fine.

It's season 2 where there's a big time skip and a dozen new characters that I really didn't like.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Episodic animation really is the best format for superhero comic adaptations

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I still feel very weird about Raven having been de-aged enough to be a love interest for Damian Wayne of all characters.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skwirl posted:

I never read the Teen Titans comics, was she ever involved with anyone in the OG crew?

Wally West at first, but it was a terrible relationship. Had a will they or won't they thing with Jericho for the rest of Marv Wolfman's run. Then Beast Boy in the Johns era. Most recent thing was with the new Wally West which just shows how weird the de-aging is.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dawgstar posted:

It felt like much of Raven and Gar's relationship was truncated by One Year Later and that the whole thing was there as some sort of vague acknowledgment of the shipping in the cartoon. It's a shame as it would have been nice to have seen, say, Sean McKeever write it when he got on the book but as he says by the time he was a writer he was basically just doing dialogue for the editor.

Essentially, yeah. It's a neat idea, and lord knows I read a lot of fanfics in middle school for the ship. But as it is in the comics, it's a very under developed. They have their relationship almost entirely off screen, and soens the rest of the era until the reboot doing tedious will they or won't they plots.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That doesn't make it not weird

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

RELATED

The Superman Red Son film is possibly the worst one they've made.

Shocked that the movie based on the comic for people that thought Kill Bill vol 2 had a good point about Superman isn't good

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

I'm gonna be in the nursing home and Superman fans are still gonna be mad about that scene.

It's a good scene. People who agree it are pretty dumb.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The actors in The Boys really elevate the material.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Next season of Young Justice is coming Nov 1st.

Looks like it's just Outsiders. Season 4 is still scheduled for next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

No it's just Peter and Madame Web