Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

His parental skills might just indeed be lacking considering he just had sex with the kid your little scenario there Mr. Timm.

Maybe they should stop trying to explain or defend this thing because every time they say something else it makes it look worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo everyone just calm it the hell down. If you want to discuss the animated movie Killing Joke and how you feel about it as an animated movie carry on. If you want to talk exclusively about the book itself and how you feel about it then please resist all temptation to hit the reply button. If you want to talk about how the film works as an adaption of the book go ahead. If you want to talk about how you always loved or hated the book then move on.

Also maybe just show a little bit of courtesy to people instead of acting like whiny assholes? Just a thought.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Looked it up and saw a gif with the Hulk and... The Thing?! Are they actually letting the Fantastic Four appear on tv?

Also saw a preview of next week's with Ms Marvel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubKSV_5zVfQ

It's amazing how flat and boring Kamala of all people ends up, this show just sucks fun out of its ideas.

Thing and Torch were on an episode of that Hulk cartoon last year. Along with tons of other heroes like Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, Blade, Deathlok, and a bunch of other heroes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Adam West is almost 90 years old. He sounds perfectly fine for a 90 year old trying to put on a convincing performance of an action hero 60 years younger than him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ManlyGrunting posted:

Did the Martian do well at the box office? I know it was pretty well-liked critically but sometimes that doesn't mean much.

It made over $600M worldwide. So yes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Alaois posted:

can't have two black/blue color schemes in one team, that'd be crazy!

You know this is exactly the reason why they did it. And it's really dumb.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok, I don't see you on this page but I know you're the one to blame for all this wrestling poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Under The Red Hood is the last decent DC movie, and also the only good use ever of Jason Todd.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean I'd hope for more animated Wonder Woman movies too if their recent output has been so godawful. It's been a long time since they've made a good animated movie. I think maybe they should just take a break for a while.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

Honestly, I found Voltron really dull. The characters weren't doing much for me, and the villains are especially boring.

Isn't Voltron just an excuse to have giant robots fight monsters in space? Doesn't seem like you need much of a "story" for that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

... Yes? Like a lot of genuine good mecha shows have actual good plots to go along with it because robots bashing themselves mindlessly actually isn't that fun.

Well I didn't say you couldn't have one, I just said you really don't need one. Having a character driven cartoon about a giant robot sounds good in theory but apparently they missed the mark on this one if the last few posts are to be believed. Especially if they cut down on the giant robot, who is undoubtedly the draw of the series, for a bunch of flat character work.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mask of the Phantasm is definitely the best animated Batman movie and makes a serious case for best Batman movie regardless of being animated. Under The Red Hood is a good movie though, and it is literally the only good use ever of Jason Todd.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You gotta setup the forthcoming Rebirth movies somehow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey at least the Rebirth movies stand a chance of being a lot better than the N52 ones.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

The tie-in comics to BTAS, The New Batman Adventures, and Batman Beyond are (largely) very good, too.

I really like Batman Beyond's aesthetic, setting, soundtrack, and the dynamic between Terry and Bruce, but unfortunately that show has way more mediocre and bad episodes than good ones. The good ones are really good, though, as is the animated film. And speaking of animated films, Mask of the Phantasm is maybe the best Batman film ever?

Didn't one of the Batman Beyond tie-ins feature that storyline with Bruce and Barbara having a kid that was really bad?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Batman '66 is the best Batman film ever. But Mask of the Phantasm is probably number two.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

X-men Evolution is Marvel's Young Justice.

I never watched X-Men Evolution but this makes me not want to.

The only X-Men cartoon I ever liked was Wolverine and the X-Men.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, I really like that clip.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ThermoPhysical posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChDGYRBR8GI

It actually looks decent. Better than Ultimate Spider-Man at least.

That looks much more like Spectacular Spider-Man than the last cartoon did. I think we might have a decent one here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've never seen Teen Titans Go because I didn't like the animation style, but I have a hard time believing it could be any worse than Young Justice.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is one my favorite stories of all time but I have less than zero faith in the DC Animation department.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Unmature posted:

Wasn't that the FIRST one?

Yes, the article quoted even says that. But this time it's a two part "faithful" adaptation instead of the weird half measure story they did in that first movie. I expect it will suck but I hope not since the actual story as it is on the page is good stuff.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I watched these on demand, it was pretty good! Nothing goofy or dumb like the Ultimate Spider-Man show and the Uncle Ben part while short was actually pretty heavy for a kids show. Peter was actually a frightening when he confronted the burglar (“All I want to hear are your screams!”) They usually skip out on that part of the origin in the animated stuff and just kind of allude to it but they didn’t here. I like the focus on science even if it’s simple stuff for kids. Telling the origin by way of framing it as Peter working the Scientific Method on himself as he discovers the limits of his powers was a cool way to do it and fit well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The first four parts are on Youtube now, for those that don't have access to on-demand stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChDGYRBR8GI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TTaT2QAf6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T9LITHxeiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr72b39hmU4

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

Something that Daniel Beniot found out too late

Wow. Edgy child murder humor you got there buddy. How about don't ever post anything like that again?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I linked the first four above, here's the last two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvsB15dJnuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGcFKHZpT9o

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The third episode of Spider-Man was a lot of fun. This series is shaping up well and I really like the direction it’s going. I like how they’re setting up the relationship between Peter and Harry. If you’re a nut for the status quo of Spidey it’ll probably annoy you how much different it is than any of the comics or movies and how they’ve integrated so many side characters in Peter’s school life but I’m digging the differences.

It reminds me a lot of the feeling I had reading Marvel Age/Adventures Spider-Man comics in that they’re really trying to do something different with the supporting cast and it’s working for me. Also the continued heavy focus on science is something I hope continues. I assume it will as it seems to be the backbone of the show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Timeless Appeal posted:

I mean... let's be clear, it was like 1/4 the problem with The Killing Joke tops.

Yeah that film had all kinds of problems and I feel like the animation was among the least of them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I’m really liking the new Spider-Man cartoon a lot. I think one of my favorite parts is how the friendship between Peter and Harry is deteriorating in a way that makes sense on both sides. It reminds me a lot of how well Spectacular Spider-Man did the fallout between Peter and Eddie Brock where you actually empathize with how Eddie felt which was a very cool way of doing that story.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Looks like Gotham fell right into the same trap as Smallville where they greenlight the show and then realize "Wait everything interesting about this guy happens way after this period... gently caress it we'll do it all anyway and just keep him out of the suit" which is not the greatest way to run a show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this! posted:

This season has him wearing a suit and fighting crime.

Unless it's the Batman suit and he's called Batman then that's exactly Smallville.

EDIT: Oh, he's wearing a black trench coat. Yeah, that's definitely just like Smallville.

X-O fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 21, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ToastyPotato posted:

Trenchcoat AND a leather jacket in the same trailer! (Can't forget Clark's red leather superman jacket that replaced his normal red jacket.)

Yeah so maybe it's just Smallville on fast forward, which I guess is a bit better.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

This sure ain't no Daredevil Season 1 suit. Yeesh.

He looks like a low-rent Midnighter.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Being smart doesn't mean you're necessarily mature in other ways. He's still a child.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

When I watched the first couple episodes of the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles a few years ago I felt it was dumb and could never stand up to what the 2003 series had done. Several years later I realize I was completely wrong as the series ended up being just about the best version of Ninja Turtles on screen. It's a really well done show and has some of the absolutely best Ninja Turtles stories, regardless of medium, ever in it.

Lurdiak posted:

I watched the entire run of the 87 TMNT cartoon not so long ago and it has maybe 10 good episodes out of like 200.

For a show that only existed to sell toys, it's amazing how poorly the writers managed to integrate any of the vehicles or other toy-mandated gimmicks.

The only good episodes of the 87 show are the first five or six and some of the last season. That's it. It's all trash in the middle.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Calaveron posted:

Did the newer tmnt have the Jack Kirby homage episode like a lot of tmnt media does?

In a different way. There's a character homage in one story who is a reporter. He's voiced by Robert Forster.

Everyone should track down the episodes from this season with Usagi Yojimbo. Probably some of the best Ninja Turtles episodes ever made.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I can't decide whether it's sad, hilarious, or both that the CW web cartoon has better animation than the DC Animated Movies. Probably better written too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Batman The Animated Series is getting a full release on bluray next year. So I'm down for that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ToastyPotato posted:

Is it remastered or anything special? Or is it basically going to more or less be the Amazon streaming version?

No real details yet, it'll be better than my DVDs for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't have a link handy, but saw the Death of Superman trailer earlier today. I was excited when I heard they were making a two part movie that was supposedly more faithful to the original story. Unfortunately it looks like garbage like most of the recent DC Animated films. Also doesn't look very much like the original story. No Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, or character find of the '90s Bloodwynd? No sale!