Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Do you think God lives in Heaven because He, too, lives in fear of what He's created here on Earth?

Every time I'm about to feel bad for him I see those feet on the side of his van

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I'm gonna drink the hell out of this Coke

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

I saw a "Cops" where they pulled a skinny guy out from under a couch.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Every time I'm about to feel bad for him I see those feet on the side of his van

Hush hush!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I know, I'll seek refuge in twenty explosive songs by twenty explosive stars.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Won't he be surprised to learn that it doesn't go "pow" but "swish."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance.

Smellrose

Look, just because that mine went off in your helmet...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Honestly one of the most baffling things to me is how many of the host segments are long full takes. Someone laughs or flubs a line and you have to do so much over again.

The Torgo's Pizza sketch must have been so difficult.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

i just saw the mads' "the t-bird gang" and it's fantastic. you learn how much of a beatnik frank is, and mike was great in the q and a.

think my favorite riff is "the picture of boring'n grey". and wow is the soundtrack killer. that's one of the tragedies of bad movies with good soundtracks; nobody cared enough to compile the songs

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

Something I really like about the Mike era is that they legitimately laugh at how stupid the movie is sometimes, it helps to make it feel more natural.

I like in the Jonah eps where they occasionally just point out cool poo poo, like practical effects that look good

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Man, Avalanche was so good. I hope they do another 70's disaster movie this time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CommaToes posted:

Man, Avalanche was so good. I hope they do another 70's disaster movie this time.

The Concord-Airport '79 would be a good one.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

You can't take it with you, you know.

Davros1 posted:

The Concord-Airport '79 would be a good one.

I think my cousin is in that movie lol

Is it the one with the guitar playing nun and the blind man?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

It's Sergio Mendes and Airplane '66!

Laaa, la-la-laaaa ♪♫ ✈ ♫

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I have special eyes.

Just think of all the cool stuff I can see.

Sash! posted:

Won't he be surprised to learn that it doesn't go "pow" but "swish."

Somebody left behind a perfectly good arm remover....

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Honestly one of the most baffling things to me is how many of the host segments are long full takes. Someone laughs or flubs a line and you have to do so much over again.

The Torgo's Pizza sketch must have been so difficult.

Yeah, unless they go from Deep 13 to the SOL, they're no camera changes. I guess they only had one camera, and that's what you got with no jump cuts or anything.

Except for Still Store.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

One thing I liked about the Netflix seasons is the in-universe unreliability of Kingachrome. It provided a nice, in-storyline excuse to cut two shots together. All you'd need to do is just float some bubbles up across the screen and splice them together.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

CommaToes posted:

The Swarm would be perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance.

Smellrose

Bicyclops posted:

I think my cousin is in that movie lol

Is it the one with the guitar playing nun and the blind man?

That's Airport 1975.