Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Hey, the cop never said anything about not doing intensely stupid things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im watching the very old MST3Ks on youtube. who's this idiot who isn't TV's frank? he sucks

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

That DICK! posted:

im watching the very old MST3Ks on youtube. who's this idiot who isn't TV's frank? he sucks

Yeah, he does suck.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

muscles like this! posted:

Rifftrax has redone the short Last Clear Chance and it is worth picking up as it is a different edit than the one they used on the show with some longer scenes and you actually get to see the other high school student's accident.

Oh sure, they've redone the short just a little bit. But that extra footage can lead to distraction and then...

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! :gonk:

Why don't they look?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That DICK! posted:

That's no way to talk about Dr. Forrester. :colbert:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh sure, they've redone the short just a little bit. But that extra footage can lead to distraction and then...

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! :gonk:

Why don't they look?

Why do I even bother with the brainless gibbons who live in this stinking hole of a town?! Well, I wash my hands of it, brother! Pah!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Went to watch something on the Gizmoplex and for some reason nothing has sound. Anyone else having that issue?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Moon rocks?! Oh wow...

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

That DICK! posted:

Dr. Laurence Erhardt. Left before the show made it big because he and Jim Mallon did *not* get along at all. In an amusing twist, when he started working with Joel again on Cinematic Titanic (and the most recent incarnations of Mallon-free MST3K), it turned out he was actually one of the funniest writers.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

EricFate posted:

Dr. Laurence Erhardt. Left before the show made it big because he and Jim Mallon did *not* get along at all. In an amusing twist, when he started working with Joel again on Cinematic Titanic (and the most recent incarnations of Mallon-free MST3K), it turned out he was actually one of the funniest writers.

While I’d agree that Erhardt was probably the weakest character in the first seasons, it’s worth pointing out that he also was the original Servo, and I think he was pretty good in that role! He was also only 17 when he started working on the show, and I think he was remarkably good when you take that into consideration.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Diabolik900 posted:

While I’d agree that Erhardt was probably the weakest character in the first seasons, it’s worth pointing out that he also was the original Servo, and I think he was pretty good in that role! He was also only 17 when he started working on the show, and I think he was remarkably good when you take that into consideration.

I've heard Josh say he left because he was the only one of the main cast/founders who wasn't a partner in Best Brains and was making peanuts. For a long time it was spun as 'Josh was a kid and too big for his britches' but if that's the case I can't blame him.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

EricFate posted:

I hadn't heard about the conflict with Mallon. I've always heard it said that he moved to LA to further his career.

E: f,b

Erhardt was pretty grating IMO but I thought his Servo was pretty good.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

It's by design. Josh has said he intentionally did a grating voice for Dr. Ehrhart to differentiate it from his Servo voice and keep the illusion for the viewers that the robots weren't just puppets.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

It's by design. Josh has said he intentionally did a grating voice for Dr. Ehrhart to differentiate it from his Servo voice and keep the illusion for the viewers that the robots weren't just puppets.

I appreciated the callback to the squeaky voice in Demon Squad.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I just work on the assumption that anyone who ever worked on MST3k hates Jim Mallon's guts

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Master Ninja I & II featured this month. I am pleased.

I'm also Max Keller.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"I wuz in a bar one time in Saigon-"
"Yeah, when you were a baby."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!
The tranquility of post-war Japan?!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
There's a place in France, where the...

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

If y'all can track down The Master, in all of its 1-season failed network action show glory, you really should. The theme song sounds like it's for a completely different show.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

If y'all can track down The Master, in all of its 1-season failed network action show glory, you really should. The theme song sounds like it's for a completely different show.

The complete series is available on DVD.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Diabolik900 posted:

He also didn't like the riffs being scripted.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

You mean the MASTER NINJA THEME SONG?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Have The Wild Wild World of Batwoman on in the background, which I'm watching for probably the second time, and my ears prick up at a certain voice. I look and see THIS guy:

In particular, his vocal delivery reminded me of someone in something I had seen recently, so I looked it up and sure enough:

It's Dr Va(aaaaaaaaaa)nce from Giant Spider Invasion! Actor is Steve Brodie

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Pershing posted:

I hadn't heard about the conflict with Mallon. I've always heard it said that he moved to LA to further his career.

That was a strong secondary motivation. And good on him for following through on it, because not only did he land a lot of solid writing gigs, he also managed to give Frank a hand-up once he left the show.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
He helped Trace, too, getting him on the writing staff of America's Funniest Home Videos.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I'm gonna go check my Aztec messages.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm a representative of Aztechnologies.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

Breathtaking LONDON!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
What did you say you do? The Sandwich Man?

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
I AM A WOOD SPRITE.

hee. hee hee.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I think controlling her will might involve Sloe Gin and a Trans-Am.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!
To be left alone, the goal of every great hero!

E: also, I'm reminded once again that, for a movie purportedly set in the UK, there sure are a lot of Yank-accented people running around in The Pumaman. Including the supposed daughter of the Dutch ambassador.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 16, 2022

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Don't worry about it, because half the cast is probably speaking Italian anyhow

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Sash! posted:

"TONY!!"
"I've been lookin awl ovuh for yuh, ya mook!"

Future Wax
Feb 17, 2011

There is no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase!
Eat this baguette! Eat it!!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

Sash! posted:

My paisano, Michael Billingsley

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Halloweens coming, what kind of jumpsuits are these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And he IMMEDIATELY defiles the sacred gift given to him!