Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Apologies if this has been answered, but my introduction to MST3K was season 8 on the UK sci-fi channel via my besties cable package. I downloaded the Gizmoplex app which is fantastic but some of 8, 9 and 10 are not viewable to me (including my absolute favourites from 8 like Agent for HARM and Riding with Death).

Is it because I am in the UK or is it the same for everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

VideoGames posted:

Apologies if this has been answered, but my introduction to MST3K was season 8 on the UK sci-fi channel via my besties cable package. I downloaded the Gizmoplex app which is fantastic but some of 8, 9 and 10 are not viewable to me (including my absolute favourites from 8 like Agent for HARM and Riding with Death).

Is it because I am in the UK or is it the same for everyone?

I think there are still rights issues with some stuff, they don’t have Final Sacrifice either.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Just as a heads up if you are looking for a particular episode youtube has it

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

verbal enema posted:

But Penn Jillette just told me that I didn’t have to watch YouTube rips any more!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I love the youtube rips and will never stop

Plus there are a ton of broadcast editions so ya know

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

verbal enema posted:

Except Final Sacrifice because Tjardus Greidanus does takedowns of any uploads. Apparently his opinion on mst3k has soured over the years.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lumbermouth posted:

I think there are still rights issues with some stuff, they don’t have Final Sacrifice either.

Got it!

verbal enema posted:

And thank you :) It is just lovely to have an app just for all the wonders of MST3K. At least Red Zone Cuba, Mitchell, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank and Eegah are viewable!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

muscles like this! posted:

Except Final Sacrifice because Tjardus Greidanus does takedowns of any uploads. Apparently his opinion on mst3k has soured over the years.

Oh yeah that's right. Also have to download it in two parts off archive.org

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
showing the fan art during the breaks is really nice

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I'm glad they didn't lead with The Starfighters or else I'd have gone right back to sleep.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Alright men: poop!

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
One thing I really appreciate about the second season episodes that sort of faded over the third season is that there's a bit more of a conversational quality to the riffing. It's what I love about the Bridget/Mary Jo rifftrax.

Also I haven't watched Catalina Caper in years and it's way funnier than my recollection.

Edit: and having just rewatched Village of the Giants, Tommy Kirk is a charisma vacuum huh

Clouseau fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 24, 2022

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I do like this little instrumental version of the theme they play during the breaks.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m just now realizing how weird it was that the original show got so many letters from little kids. I’d imagine that part of why they always featured them was that they appreciated how strange it was to get them.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Taking a break from the World Cup to watch the Creepy Girl skit :allears:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
That couple who sent Joel and the Bots a wedding invite would likely have been married for over 30 years by now.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I AM GRANDO posted:

I’m just now realizing how weird it was that the original show got so many letters from little kids. I’d imagine that part of why they always featured them was that they appreciated how strange it was to get them.

Wasn't it common though on the local TV stations to do things like that, as for phone ins and mail to read out for free content basically.

Love Horror at Party Beach. Was my first MST3K ever saw.

Love you Romulan Girl.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I wasn't prepared for back-to-back beach party movies.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nemo2342 posted:

I do like this little instrumental version of the theme they play during the breaks.

Yeah, its good.
Its a remix of their Repitilicus monster song I think.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Look Polish!

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Cracking up every time the MST3K commercial comes on and they show that clip of Servo screaming in frustration during Mitchell.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
The last thing I needed in my head was Zombie Stomp. Goddamn it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Watching the marathon on PlutoTV, and I keep getting bits where things are skipping, jumping backwards a couple of seconds at intervals. Anyone else?

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

delfin posted:

Watching the marathon on PlutoTV, and I keep getting bits where things are skipping, jumping backwards a couple of seconds at intervals. Anyone else?

I'm watching on YouTube and not having that issue - I've had other things on Pluto skip around in the past though.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I like Synthia's nail polish she's got on today. Looks good.

Edit: Also I think Dracula is hot in this movie and I don't care who knows.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 24, 2022

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Bruteman posted:

Cracking up every time the MST3K commercial comes on and they show that clip of Servo screaming in frustration during Mitchell.

What episode is the birthday joke from?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I Accuse My Parents

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
If you watch from Youtube's feed, disable the chat. For your own good.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This guy is like the Hank Hill of the Philippines.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
can't we get beyond Atlantis?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Funky Valentine posted:

This guy is like the Hank Hill of the Philippines.

I sell pearl and pearl accessories

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Morter posted:

If you watch from Youtube's feed, disable the chat. For your own good.

You say that, but Spoony just showed up like it’s 2006.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the fact that the book is exactly the color and texture of a leftover 49-year-old workbook impresses me

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Come to think of it Emily got the roughest first movie of any host.

Joel had The Crawling Eye which I will argue is not that bad

Mike was Brain That Wouldn’t Die which is that bad but is also goofy enough to not be tedious

Jonah got Reptilicus which is a silly giant monster movie

Beyond Atlantis is *something*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

couldn't the islanders pair off one of the other women to keep the species alive? surely some anime nerds would be into the big eyed aesthetic

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I AM GRANDO posted:

You say that, but Spoony just showed up like it’s 2006.

He's been streaming fairly regularly lately. It's kind of strange to see him become more active.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Mike was Brain That Wouldn’t Die which is that bad but is also goofy enough to not be tedious

It's a rough movie, but she got some great 90s-kids riffs out of it that immediately endeared her to me.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
^^
Watching Robot Wars with its intense 90s-ness and the 90s segment they did for it made me think about how the show is finally being pitched explicitly by people my age now, whereas when I was watching Rhino VHSes of Catalina Caper as a kid and Joel was doing a monologue about the sixties a ton of it just flew right over my head.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Jonah got the best set up first episode - Reptilicus is such a nice straightforward layup of a movie. Not his best episode or the best movie he got, but as both an intro to a new host and a full set up for a show relaunch its a nice comfy movie.

And oof Beyond Atlantis.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah it’s a good episode and she rules but it just occurred to me.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's not great that the only memorable characters in the film are complete shitheads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Joel's first movie was actually two episodes of an old Gerry and Sylvia Anderson show strung together so it was actually even easier than The Crawling Eye.

This would be true even if they'd riffed all of The Green Slime, because that film is just 90 minutes of bonkers Japanese monster havoc. It's insane but never boring.

The 7th Guest posted:

it's not great that the only memorable characters in the film are complete shitheads

It's weird when you have a cast that includes an expat pimp/crime lord played by Sid Haig and he's one of the more respectable characters.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 25, 2022