Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Mr. Fowl posted:

Yes, I believe so. Also, I must emphasize, I am not exaggerating: The hero's call to action is his sister, whom he has always wanted to gently caress, getting kidnapped. He finds out the day before she is nabbed that he was adopted so he gets his parents' blessing to get together. It is a wild flick.

This just makes me think The Beastmaster would be the perfect MST3k film, but the rights are probably too expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

SolarFire2 posted:

This just makes me think The Beastmaster would be the perfect MST3k film, but the rights are probably too expensive.

Beastmaster 2 Through the Porthole of Time is the perfect MST3K film, the first would be good too though.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Maybe "The Gauntlet" means Kinga will be forcing Jonah to "binge-watch" all six movies from Season 12 in a row? There was always an implied break of at least a week between movies during the Joel/Mike era. It'd be the next step up from Deep Hurting or Hypno-Helio-Static-Stasis. Streaming makes the pain more efficient.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Liberal Idiot posted:

Maybe "The Gauntlet" means Kinga will be forcing Jonah to "binge-watch" all six movies from Season 12 in a row? There was always an implied break of at least a week between movies during the Joel/Mike era. It'd be the next step up from Deep Hurting or Hypno-Helio-Static-Stasis. Streaming makes the pain more efficient.

That’s my thinking yep. It’s a great compliment to the Netflix binge watch they’re making the show for, it’s a good twist on MST3K’s core concept, and Joel said there would be an arc running through the season. I look forward to seeing the results!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's also already baked into the on screen narrative given that kinga is obsessed with ratings and television. of course she would try to torture jonah in a bingeable fashion

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

luxury handset posted:

it's also already baked into the on screen narrative given that kinga is obsessed with ratings and television. of course she would try to torture jonah in a bingeable fashion

Yeah, she's totally going to play up the 30th anniversary thing and reference Turkey Day manically while Jonah and the bots try and figure out what the hell she's talking about. It's going to be extremely cheesy and extremely fun.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, she's totally going to play up the 30th anniversary thing and reference Turkey Day manically while Jonah and the bots try and figure out what the hell she's talking about. It's going to be extremely cheesy and extremely fun.

Excuse me this disturbs my finely-honed sense of MST3K canon. I demand detailed explanations of every part of these shenanigans.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

During the tour, when it turns out they can't contact Kinga or Max, Crow says "Wait a minute, you couldn't afford Felicia or Patton, could you?" and everyone shushes him, and that seems very in the irreverent muppety spirit of the the host segments.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Iif they do Mac & Me, will Paul Rudd do a guest spot? I hope so.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Currently in intermission for The Brain. They’re doing great, although they’re definitely stumbling here and there. One of them remarked this is the first show with rewrites, so I’m guessing they’re adjusting based on feedback and experience so far.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Hahaha yesss, I can't believe they really are doing .......Mac & me

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Pixeltendo posted:

Hahaha yesss, I can't believe they really are doing .......Mac & me

Eh, it's no Pod People. Oh man, I hope it's the recently-rediscovered cut where wheelchair kid actually gets shot by the police!

I need to rewatch Season 12. Apart from Cry Wilderness, and Circus Magic, I haven't had the desire to revisit anything in particular.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I couldn't help but notice that only the films for episodes 1201-1204 and 1206 were leaked, and I wonder if that's any indication that 1205 might be a shorts episode. If they were going to do something like that, it seems like the perfect place in the season for it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Had to explain the reason the guys will shout "NEW YORK CITY!?" whenever the name comes up because commercials for salsa have passed from living memory. I will diminish and go into the West.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

git a rope

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Had to explain the reason the guys will shout "NEW YORK CITY!?" whenever the name comes up because commercials for salsa have passed from living memory. I will diminish and go into the West.

Yesterday, Pace. Tomorrow, pacemakers.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

...yeah, I've stopped quoting that bit.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RiffTrax's Ready Player One riff drops tomorrow. My heart is very full at this moment.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

RiffTrax's Ready Player One riff drops tomorrow. My heart is very full at this moment.

Where's my Solo riff, boys?!? I need my Billy Dee and Kit Fisto jokes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

Where's my Solo riff, boys?!? I need my Billy Dee and Kit Fisto jokes.

Right here.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Revisiting The Creeping Terror. The movie is the hottest of garbage but what I really enjoy is the first sketch where Dr. Forrester runs an experiment that shows no matter the person they'll become insufferably pretentious if they hang out in a coffee shop. What makes it really funny on a personal level is the first time a buddy and I saw it we went to a local bookstore right after and sure enough there was a live poetry reading.

"I'm recording my life in pastels!"

Really fun episode. Bad opinion, but Creeping Terror might be my pick for worst MST movie. I can't actually imagine watching that one without riffing. It's bad on so, so many levels.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

Failson posted:

Really fun episode. Bad opinion, but Creeping Terror might be my pick for worst MST movie. I can't actually imagine watching that one without riffing. It's bad on so, so many levels.

:mad: There is just plain no need for sex!
:corsair: We'll all be just fine without it, dear.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i find that the hardest watches are the lowest quality films, from a technical standpoint. If the film is so old that the audio is muffled, or if the film is super grainy, it just gets tedious and the jokes don't land as hard. its a miracle that Manos even got the cult following it did considering the original is in such abysmal disrepair. i guess you could say Torgeaux's performance held that movie together

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I have all the Star Wars riffs already. Yes, including the holiday special. I need my fix, man!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Failson posted:

It's got one of my favorite skits, being excessively odd - where Mike sits in the midst of all this high-end audio equipment and sits and listens to the flick's tinny dance music played on repeat. He even does the audiophile thing of the green marker through the middle of CD. Mike never even smiles, just sort of lightly nods his head. It just goes on forever and I love it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dawgstar posted:

It's got one of my favorite skits, being excessively odd - where Mike sits in the midst of all this high-end audio equipment and sits and listens to the flick's tinny dance music played on repeat. He even does the audiophile thing of the green marker through the middle of CD. Mike never even smiles, just sort of lightly nods his head. It just goes on forever and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbKEXBk8X0

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the host segments fall into three categories, but categories 1 and 3 depend hugely on who you are as an individual person, while category 2 is more universal:

1 - inexplicably funny in a silly way that somehow makes you feel like apologizing for it, but are so good at to be favorites
2- something you'd see at a decent improv show that would give most people a chuckle
3 - a disaster filled with cringing

As it should be. No risk, no reward

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Bicyclops posted:

the host segments fall into three categories, but categories 1 and 3 depend hugely on who you are as an individual person, while category 2 is more universal:

1 - inexplicably funny in a silly way that somehow makes you feel like apologizing for it, but are so good at to be favorites
2- something you'd see at a decent improv show that would give most people a chuckle
3 - a disaster filled with cringing

As it should be. No risk, no reward

Joel trying to shut down the holo-clown simulator is one of the funniest/most disturbing sketches ever made by anyone anywhere.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A Joke by Ingmar Bergman was art.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hogama posted:

A Joke by Ingmar Bergman was art.

Absolutely. That was peak host segment.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mister Kingdom posted:

Joel trying to shut down the holo-clown simulator is one of the funniest/most disturbing sketches ever made by anyone anywhere.

GET ON YOUR ORANGE AND YELLOW KNEES AND KISS MY CLOWN FEET THAT I HAVEN'T KILLED YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The “Timmy” arc from Fire Maidens of Outer Space worked really well.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Raskolnikov38 posted:

GET ON YOUR ORANGE AND YELLOW KNEES AND KISS MY CLOWN FEET THAT I HAVEN'T KILLED YOU

Well, let's not do THAT again!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Joel todders back and forth between and 3 the most of any hosts, whereas Mike has a near monopoly on 2 (not to day that he doesn't have his 1/3 moments, the audiophile sketch, which I love, being the most obvious example). It's hard to get a handle on Jonah yet. I love this show.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Where would the songs fall? I've had 'Toobular Boobular' on my playlist for decades.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

"Creepy Girl" is a keeper. Credits to a medley "Tusk" was great as well. Mitchel to the tune of Shaft was pretty great.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Tom Servo's death ray skit from Danger Death Ray is probably one of the funniest skits they ever did

Also the No Matches for Mikey skit

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm always a sucker for silly songs.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The Orville Popcorn sketch still makes me laugh to this day. Something about the way Crow proclaims "I HAVE THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM" just cracks me up.

RIP Orville Redenbacher. Looks like your grandson did shed his geeky image and disappear into the night after all.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
E: ^^^:argh:

The "Orville Popcorn" host segment was truly amazing.