Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
But it does have the guy who, for whatever reason, was staying in the hallway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Brute Man is so good I can't believe I skipped past this one so many times

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I finally got around to watching Killer Fish.

Oh boy. I didn’t know Fatty Arbuckle was still going in those days. (And he wasn’t at all the worst of it. I liked him.)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Doltos posted:

The Brute Man is so good I can't believe I skipped past this one so many times

Mike once said he felt bad after the fact about making fun of Rondo Hattan's face.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Here it is, captain. BUT BE QUIET! WE HAVE TO SNEAK UP ON HIM!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
Et tu, Brute Man?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Why did you hire me if you hate me so much?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Funky Valentine posted:

Why did you hire me if you hate me so much?

It's great watching Mike absolutely losing it during that scene.

Dear GOD I hate you! I hope you DIE!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
GOD IS DEAD? GOOD!!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

the ever living hell is Hobgoblins? Did someone see Gremlins but give up halfway

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
Tami Bakke? Is she related to Wacky T. Bakke? :v:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hobgoblins! Hobgoblins! Whatcha gonna do with those Hobgoblins! They're over here! They're over there! Those darn Hobgoblins are everywhere!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pixeltendo posted:

the ever living hell is Hobgoblins? Did someone see Gremlins but give up halfway

It wouldn't be so bad if not for all the simultaneously disturbing and off screen sex scenes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It was nice to see how much the cast and crew embraced it being riffed as opposed to, say, the snit fit the guy who did Squirm had.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Another Bill posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if not for all the simultaneously disturbing and off screen sex scenes.

Let's hope it was a coitus-free van ride over to Club Scum...

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

It was nice to see how much the cast and crew embraced it being riffed as opposed to, say, the snit fit the guy who did Squirm had.

Really? I recall an interview with the director was very hurt that they mocked him, personally, at the end.

Fake edit: He's wasn't that salty about it: http://www.badmovies.org/interviews/ricksloane/

quote:

Hobgoblins was another story; that movie was made very early in my career. It was never one of my favorite films. I laughed through the entire MST3K episode, until the very end. I wasn't expecting the humor to suddenly be at my own expense. I was mortified when they dragged out the cardboard cutout and pretended to do an interview with me. I was caught off guard. I had never seen them rip apart any other director before on the show.

But in the long run, that was what made the movie famous. There would have never been a Hobgoblins 2 without MST3K and I hope one of their incarnations decides to riff on the sequel. It won't be the same without it. As I was editing Hobgoblins 2, I could almost guess some of the jokes they would insert. I even named the production company, Halfway 2 Sanity, which I'm sure will not go unnoticed.

The guy who played JK Robertson in Time Chasers, though, he's my favorite example of someone completely not able to take a joke. He was incredibly offended anyone would mock a distinguished actor like himself (no, really).

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Failson posted:

The guy who played JK Robertson in Time Chasers, though, he's my favorite example of someone completely not able to take a joke. He was incredibly offended anyone would mock a distinguished actor like himself (no, really).

Was It JK's actor who had the problem? I thought it was Matt's actor (a.k.a. Pink Boy a.k.a. Michael Medved).

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Hobgoblins Director was super salty about it, haha. He changed his tune a little bit later because it really did make the movie enough of a thing that he made the sequel, and he's basically begging them to riff on Hobgoblins 2.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Hey Nick, there was a stairs on the other side of the tree.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

Was It JK's actor who had the problem? I thought it was Matt's actor (a.k.a. Pink Boy a.k.a. Michael Medved).

Sounds like he wasn't a team player.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Failson posted:

Fake edit: He's wasn't that salty about it: http://www.badmovies.org/interviews/ricksloane/

He'd... he'd never seen them rip apart another director before?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Dawgstar posted:

He'd... he'd never seen them rip apart another director before?

It wasn't easy to see every episode of MST3k back when it was on the air.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Failson posted:

Really? I recall an interview with the director was very hurt that they mocked him, personally, at the end.

Joe Don Baker is my favorite.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Failson posted:

He should have been cool like the director for parts: the clonus horror. You can see it on the Shout! DVD release. He was grateful to Msties for coming to his defense when he sued the makers of The Island.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mister Kingdom posted:

He should have been cool like the director for parts: the clonus horror. You can see it on the Shout! DVD release. He was grateful to Msties for coming to his defense when he sued the makers of The Island.

Though he was puzzled by them shouting 'Biography!' in said defense.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
watching The Beast of Yucca Flats episode, man the previous two Coleman Francis films they did must have been absolutely atrocious for them to react so negatively upon finding out they'd be doing a third one, also this must have been one of the shortest movies MST3K ever did considering they had to put two shorts in to meet the episode's required length

funny thing is this will be the first time I've ever watched this movie even though I've owned a DVD copy of the non-MST3K version since around 2005(as part of an 8 pack that also has Bowery At Midnight, Beast From Haunted Cave, Condemned To Live, Creature From The Haunted Sea, The Corpse Vanishes, Giant From The Unknown, and The Monster Maker)

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

watching The Beast of Yucca Flats episode, man the previous two Coleman Francis films they did must have been absolutely atrocious for them to react so negatively upon finding out they'd be doing a third one, also this must have been one of the shortest movies MST3K ever did considering they had to put two shorts in to meet the episode's required length

funny thing is this will be the first time I've ever watched this movie even though I've owned a DVD copy of the non-MST3K version since around 2005(as part of an 8 pack that also has Bowery At Midnight, Beast From Haunted Cave, Condemned To Live, Creature From The Haunted Sea, The Corpse Vanishes, Giant From The Unknown, and The Monster Maker)

Yeah, Beast of Yucca Flats had earned it's scorn. Also you'll notice the Coleman Francis hallmarks in the other two (mostly light planes, confusion, and despair).
Possibly the longest short movie ever. Flag on the Moon.

Beast From Haunted Cave would have made a decent episode. Hateful, stupid characters, terrible monster, nonsensical plot, but still has that Corman magic. Also they can cut about a half hour of skiing and chairlift-riding.

I did a Donald Pleasence double feature - Puma Man, and Warrior of the Lost World. I still can't decide which one had the worst protagonist.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Failson posted:

Yeah, Beast of Yucca Flats had earned it's scorn. Also you'll notice the Coleman Francis hallmarks in the other two (mostly light planes, confusion, and despair).
Possibly the longest short movie ever. Flag on the Moon.

Beast From Haunted Cave would have made a decent episode. Hateful, stupid characters, terrible monster, nonsensical plot, but still has that Corman magic. Also they can cut about a half hour of skiing and chairlift-riding.

I did a Donald Pleasence double feature - Puma Man, and Warrior of the Lost World. I still can't decide which one had the worst protagonist.

Warrior of the Lost World. Puma Man at least has a character arc.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

the running time for beast of yucca flats is under an hour and it doesn't even have recorded sound. francis didn't have a mic to record any dialogue which is why it's all shouted from offscreen or narrated. it is barely a movie

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

luxury handset posted:

the running time for beast of yucca flats is under an hour and it doesn't even have recorded sound. francis didn't have a mic to record any dialogue which is why it's all shouted from offscreen or narrated. it is barely a movie

This probably explains why he padded out his next two movies with a whole lot of goddamn nothing going on. And smoking, and coffee, and sexual assault, and parachuting, and more light aircraft, and extended music/dance party sequences, and people shooting from light aircraft, etc.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
coleman francis really liked coffee, cigarettes, parachuting, light aircraft, attempting to murder people while in a light aircraft, and sexual assault. a true picture of the californian male in the 1950s

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Peacoffee posted:

I finally got around to watching Killer Fish.

Oh boy. I didn’t know Fatty Arbuckle was still going in those days. (And he wasn’t at all the worst of it. I liked him.)

Am I missing a joke? Arbuckle died in the 30s.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

This probably explains why he padded out his next two movies with a whole lot of goddamn nothing going on. And smoking, and coffee, and sexual assault, and parachuting, and more light aircraft, and extended music/dance party sequences, and people shooting from light aircraft, etc.

Giantesses and kilt-wearing Scotsmen for all! That'll pad stretch the runtime!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

Also at least 20 minutes of "water... sick man... water"

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Am I missing a joke? Arbuckle died in the 30s.

The “photographer” reminded of Roscoe was all. Thin lips, boyish demeanor. Obviously not a common thought (or not worth mentioning)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Also at least 20 minutes of "water... sick man... water"

That took place in the middle of a bunch of execution scenes that seemed to last roughly 3 hours.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That took place in the middle of a bunch of execution scenes that seemed to last roughly 3 hours.

Remember when that one guard walked all the way to the end of the cell block barn, and then all the way back to the other side? Gripping cinema.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Remember when that one guard walked all the way to the end of the cell block barn, and then all the way back to the other side? Gripping cinema.

"I've heard of this horrible Cuban paint throwing!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
That's Castro, you know. :reject:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Note
to